PDA

View Full Version : If Teams Rested Their Stars Against Philly....

Tony_Starks
03-17-2016, 11:57 AM
What would happen if for the remainder of the season teams rested their key guys against Philly out of spite and out-tanked the tank? Causing them to unwittingly and accidentally go on a winning spree against their will to finish the season?

Do you think the league would discipline them or step in?

You can always sit guys with the old "knee tendinitis" routine.

Or would it force Philly to go to more preposterous lengths to still lose? 5 guard lineups? Weird rotations? Calling D leaders up and inserting them to the starting lineup?

2-ONE-5
03-17-2016, 12:05 PM
you're annoying.

More-Than-Most
03-17-2016, 12:09 PM
What would happen if for the remainder of the season teams rested their key guys against Philly out of spite and out-tanked the tank? Causing them to unwittingly and accidentally go on a winning spree against their will to finish the season?

Or would it force Philly to go to more preposterous lengths to still lose? 5 guard lineups? Weird rotations? Calling D leaders up and inserting them to the starting lineup?

We would beat them :shrug: Philly has the worst record but has been much more competitive than the lakers this year by quite a bit... Would you like the statistics to prove this? You are honestly trolling so hard it is getting beyond annoying.

Alayla
03-17-2016, 12:14 PM

Wait you honestly believe the coach is throwing games?
This is exactly why I'm not fond of the term tanking being applied to rebuilding teams it puts people into panic mode and lets them believe players and coaches want to lose.
Here is the reality of the situation if the sixers lose a ton of games the players have no incentive to be part of that it means when they high picks come in they are going to lose there job to someone why does anyone think a player would willingly contribute to that?
Same thing with a coach why hamstring your players by not seeing what they can actually do? As well as hamstringing yourself in the long term by not fully understanding the skills of your team.

Even at a management level Hinkie admitted he expected the team to be further along by the start of this season (really native on his part but whatever.) so this tank talk is fairly silly Philly will look entirely different next season and most of these D leaguers will be replaced with first round draft picks and moves via trade and FA (little faith in FA but w/e).
Why does the NBA fourm INSIST on creating multiple threads about this subject? Why do you care THIS MUCH what another team is doing?

2-ONE-5
03-17-2016, 12:20 PM
we beat the Lakers, what does that say about them?

Scoots
03-17-2016, 12:25 PM
The worst part about "the process" is that the Sixers fans have no ability to not defend it/the team.

Don't feed the troll people.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-17-2016, 12:27 PM
In before the lock. Man this main NBA board gone to the dogs. Seems like every thread is a bait thread or bunch of haters lately.

Tony_Starks
03-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Wait you honestly believe the coach is throwing games?
This is exactly why I'm not fond of the term tanking being applied to rebuilding teams it puts people into panic mode and lets them believe players and coaches want to lose.
Here is the reality of the situation if the sixers lose a ton of games the players have no incentive to be part of that it means when they high picks come in they are going to lose there job to someone why does anyone think a player would willingly contribute to that?
Same thing with a coach why hamstring your players but not seeing what they can actually do? As well as hamstringing yourself in the long term by not fully understanding the skills of your team.

Even at a management level Hinkie admitted he expected the team to be further along by the start of this season (really native on his part but whatever.) so this tank talk is fairly silly Philly will look entirely different next season and most of these D leaguers will be replaced with first round draft picks and moves via trade and FA (little faith in FA but w/e).
Why does the NBA fourm INSIST on creating multiple threads about this subject? Why do you care THIS MUCH what another team is doing?

There's a big difference between rebuilding and tanking.

The Celtics have been in rebuild mode for years and still managed to stay competitive, while amassing assets.

What your team is doing is intentionally putting the very least competitive roster on the floor possible in order to lose the most amount possible. Blatantly.

How can you not expect such a spectacle to be mocked?

Anyway man lighten up, if you're so offended you didn't have to dignify it.

PhillyFaninLA
03-17-2016, 12:32 PM
The worst part about "the process" is that the Sixers fans have no ability to not defend it/the team.

Don't feed the troll people.

Well said, how is Tony_Starks not perma banned...all he does is bait and troll

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Who cares...move them to D-League if they dont want to win.

Ball_Out
03-17-2016, 02:43 PM
you're annoying.

This is a real feminine response. No offense of course if your're in fact a woman

2-ONE-5
03-17-2016, 02:57 PM
damn that was a good one. cant lie that hurts a little, youre the man.

SMH!
03-17-2016, 03:09 PM
This is a real feminine response. No offense of course if your're in fact a woman

being annoyed is a feminine trait? You learn something new each day

Ball_Out
03-17-2016, 03:12 PM
being annoyed is a feminine trait? You learn something new each day
Being annoyed by dumb things is. But looking through this thread it's obvious you guys have an agenda against the op. Obviously what Philly is doing is silly and something should be done. Any team out there "tanking" numerous years should be made fun of everyday. Who cares if your Philly fan, switch teams. What better reason to switch

2-ONE-5
03-17-2016, 03:58 PM
you're on fire, man.

Alayla
03-17-2016, 05:34 PM
There's a big difference between rebuilding and tanking.

The Celtics have been in rebuild mode for years and still managed to stay competitive, while amassing assets.

What your team is doing is intentionally putting the very least competitive roster on the floor possible in order to lose the most amount possible. Blatantly.

How can you not expect such a spectacle to be mocked?

Anyway man lighten up, if you're so offended you didn't have to dignify it.

Way not to address a word I said and attempt to come out with anything to show for it baiting thread still in tact

But in truth I just feel sorry for you it must be painful to be so upset about your own life that you get so tied up in what happens in basketball then don't even have a respectable team to come home to teasing the fanbase of the only team in a worse situation than yours in the short term is really all you have left. Hopefully your life turns around and you have other more important things to define yourself by.

Tony_Starks
03-17-2016, 09:58 PM
Way not to address a word I said and attempt to come out with anything to show for it baiting thread still in tact

But in truth I just feel sorry for you it must be painful to be so upset about your own life that you get so tied up in what happens in basketball then don't even have a respectable team to come home to teasing the fanbase of the only team in a worse situation than yours in the short term is really all you have left. Hopefully your life turns around and you have other more important things to define yourself by.

Thanks for those encouraging words Sixer fan, didn't know my misery was that transparent. You have shown me the error in projecting my frustration with life on to your illustrious franchise. For that I apologize sir.

Sorry for the late response, it's hard to get breaks at my Walmart greeter job.

Enjoy the rest of the season and remember not to win.

Cheers!

valade16
03-17-2016, 10:09 PM
This would be a very impressive troll job by other teams if they did this.

SMH!
03-17-2016, 11:48 PM
Being annoyed by dumb things is. But looking through this thread it's obvious you guys have an agenda against the op. Obviously what Philly is doing is silly and something should be done. Any team out there "tanking" numerous years should be made fun of everyday. Who cares if your Philly fan, switch teams. What better reason to switch

Ok man Im a warriors fan now. thanks for all the advice

Scoots
03-18-2016, 12:47 AM
Ok man Im a warriors fan now. thanks for all the advice

Ball_Out isn't a Warriors fan is he? Oh I hope not.

Wait, he can't be a Warriors fan! They tanked just a few years ago. Phew!

Ball_Out
03-19-2016, 11:01 AM
Ball_Out isn't a Warriors fan is he? Oh I hope not.

Wait, he can't be a Warriors fan! They tanked just a few years ago. Phew!
No, I'm a basketball fan. I don't root for a particular team anymore.