PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Super Trades?????

jay87shot
03-16-2016, 04:17 PM
Anyone have any good ideas of huge trades that could go down, I could see guys like Carmelo, Cousins, Love, Irving, Okafor or Noel, Vucevic, Griffin, Gay, Teague, Bledsoe (probably more I'm not thinking of)or a couple restricted sign and trades at least being mentioned in rumors.

Maybe Carmelo to Boston in a 3 or 4 team trade

Irving to Sacramento for Cousins (if Lebron wants) than Love somewhere else.

Just throw something out there, ehhh.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Boston probably does some draft night deal to consolidate picks for a big name. But weak draft so time will tell. Bucks may trade Monroe and maybe MCW.

IndyRealist
03-16-2016, 08:09 PM
Too early. Most of these depend on how the playoffs go down.

Lo Porto
03-17-2016, 12:05 AM
If Utah misses the playoffs, I could see them trading Hayward to Boston for the NJ pick. He's got one guaranteed year left and Utah has to get a star....

Scoots
03-17-2016, 12:19 AM
It looks to me like no big trades are likely.

Dade County
03-17-2016, 08:24 AM
If KD signs with another team this off season, i can see OKC trading West because he would most likely leave next off season as well.

McAllen Tx
03-17-2016, 08:32 AM
KD S/T to Clippers for Blake

JasonJohnHorn
03-17-2016, 08:48 AM
I think this is premature.

Two things we have to wait and see about:
1. How each team does on the playoffs.
2. Which free agents sign where.

We might think: Melo should be traded! But if the Knicks pick up a great point guard in free agency and have another signing to bolster their front court, they could be in really good shape. Some teams need big men; some teams need a wing player. Horford. KD. So many great players are up for grabs in free agency.

Once the disappointment and optimism of the post seasons settles, and smoke of free agency clears, we will have a better idea of what kinds of trades will be made.

That said. The trade I've been hoping for since LBJ got to Cleveland is CP3 for Kyrie. I want to see LBJ and Love playing with a distributor that would make both of them better. CP3 is that man.

Munkeysuit
03-17-2016, 08:59 AM
Kyrie Irving package deal for Chris Paul, then Kevin Love package deal for Carmelo Anthony.
I can also see Griffin to OKC and something really huge happening for Boston.

Dade County
03-17-2016, 09:20 AM
KD S/T to Clippers for Blake

Why would KD agree to that?

xxplayerxx23
03-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Kyrie Irving package deal for Chris Paul, then Kevin Love package deal for Carmelo Anthony.
I can also see Griffin to OKC and something really huge happening for Boston.

Knicks wouldn't trade Melo for Love lol. They trade Melo it would be for picks and young pieces

xxplayerxx23
03-17-2016, 09:54 AM

Yeah he's apart of Miam already lol

McAllen Tx
03-17-2016, 10:02 AM

He'll have a legitimate shot at a title w/o looking like a ring chaser.

5ass
03-17-2016, 08:03 PM
Add Jimmy Butler maybe?

Most Magic fans seem to want Vucevic traded. A lot of Magic fans also want to consolidate some assets into a star player. Honestly I think the Magic are the best trade partners for the Kings. Multiple valuable assets including someone who could step in and replace a lot of Cousins' production. He can put up 20-10-3. He's a downgrade for sure, but the team might not regress. With WCS more experienced and a perfect fit with vucevic, a lot of cap space and no more turmoil I think they could be in a better position than they are today. Obviously it'll take more from the Magic than just Vucevic though. Other assets that could be included are maybe Mario, 2016 lottery pick, Payton, ect.

I dont think the Celtics make good trade partners... The Nets picks aren't going to help them win games immediately, and they won't want to be terrible because of their trade with Philly. No matter what they will not want to be a bottom team IMO. It'll make them look so much worse. So the Celtics pretty much have to offer those picks and established players. Not sure who these guys would be. Likely Crowder, maybe Isaiah and/or Bradley, which might make it too much to give up for the Celtics. I don't see them gutting their team for Cousins, but who knows. JMO

FOXHOUND
03-17-2016, 08:28 PM
I expect Melo to ask for a trade if Phil fails to add any significant FA's. What that would be for, between him having a NTC and having to potentially match some money, I have no idea. But, I'm not expecting a whole lot. A 1st round pick or two, depending on what team (if Boston just 1 BK pick), maybe one good young player but no one crazy good and cap fillers. Sucks, but that's life. He won't approve any trade that guts his new team of important talent. Because of that, that good young player would probably have to be a SF he replaces, like say Crowder. Very specific trade details always equals crap value as it's hard to meet all the parameters.

I think the report about Cousins is legit. If he's traded, it won't be until the 2017 trade deadline or that offseason after he's failed with another coach. He's young and signed for a few more years, they're in no rush.

I can see Irving or Love being traded depending on how the Cavs postseason goes. Which one I flip flop on, but Irving is a better fit with LeBron simply because he's a guard.

I can see Philly, especially with Colangelo there now, making a move on those centers to add better fitting talent and ending the tank process. Okafor's injury, although not serious, and Embiid's constant health questions make that a bit difficult though. Not really sure what they would get or who they would move. That Boston rumor with Okafor was interesting.

I fully expect Boston to make a big move on draft night, just too many picks and they need a star. Who that is, I have no idea because who knows who will be available. I have a dark horse option though - James Harden. If you look at Houston, they're screwed. Dwight wants out unless they pay him $30M, and he may just flat out be done with Harden regardless. The rest of that roster is lacking in talent and more importantly young talent. Harden is already turning 27 in August, way too old to go through some big rebuild. Morey has to know he has no shot at Durant, so maybe he takes a page from his protege's book and compiles a ton of picks for Harden to rebuild. He can probably get multiple BK picks, which would be incredible as those will continue to be very high. That would be my out of left field suggestion.

Monta is beast
03-18-2016, 05:16 AM
dmc getting traded to boston or philly

mrblisterdundee
03-18-2016, 11:28 AM
1. DeMarcus Cousins to Boston for Amir Johnson, Marcus Smart, Kelly Olynyk and pick(s).
2. Kevin Love to Boston for Amir Johnson, Marcus Smart and pick(s).
3. Blake Griffin to Boston for Amir Johnson, Marcus Smart and pick(s).

Edit: Evan Turner a free agent. Switched out with Marcus Smart.

jay87shot
03-18-2016, 12:10 PM
^Evan Turner is a free agent isn't he???

Crazy
Boston gets Carmelo and Richaun Holmes, Knicks get Greg Monroe, Avery Bradley, Michael Carter Williams, Milwaukee #10 pick, Milwaukee gets Jahlil Okafor, Amir Johnson, #21 from Boston, Phily gets Marcus Smart, Kelly Olynyk, #4 from Boston

Clevland gets Cousins, Gay, Oladipo Sacramento gets Kyrie, Vucevic #11 from Orlando, Orlando gets Love, #7 from Sac.

TDE
03-18-2016, 01:02 PM
Lakers will have major trade assets if they get Simmons/Ingram. I can see them packaging Russell/Randle/Clarkson If they score big in FA with 2 stars.

mrblisterdundee
03-18-2016, 01:24 PM

Crazy
Boston gets Carmelo and Richaun Holmes, Knicks get Greg Monroe, Avery Bradley, Michael Carter Williams, Milwaukee #10 pick, Milwaukee gets Jahlil Okafor, Amir Johnson, #21 from Boston, Phily gets Marcus Smart, Kelly Olynyk, #4 from Boston

Clevland gets Cousins, Gay, Oladipo Sacramento gets Kyrie, Vucevic #11 from Orlando, Orlando gets Love, #7 from Sac.

I forgot about Turner being a free agent this summer.
And as for your trade proposal, you're right; it is a pretty crazy idea that Boston would want a fading, already overhyped, 30-something star like Anthony, who's already proven not to be a very good leader.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-18-2016, 11:13 PM
I know one thing for sure, the Bulls will sit on their ***** and do nothing!

5ass
03-18-2016, 11:27 PM

Crazy

Too much to give up on the Magic side considering Love makes twice as much money as Vucevic. I'd like the magic to trade Vucevic, but we need a center back. So it doesn't make sense we don't target cousins. Plus Gordon is the Magic's PF, and Love's value is just not that good.

Captain Moroni
03-19-2016, 12:45 AM
Trade Melo to Boston. Give me the picks

numba1CHANGsta
03-19-2016, 02:16 AM
Cousins, Melo, and Love are all getting traded this summer

Scoots
03-19-2016, 11:14 AM
Lakers will have major trade assets if they get Simmons/Ingram. I can see them packaging Russell/Randle/Clarkson If they score big in FA with 2 stars.

Don't they only have like 5 guys under contract? Add 1 draft pick, 2 FAs and they are still a long way from a full roster.

Chronz
03-19-2016, 01:14 PM
To get his max and to play in LA. Okc also gets a nice piece

mrblisterdundee
03-19-2016, 03:33 PM
Let's blow up Cleveland, which is a sure bet to make the finals and get beat by Golden State or San Antonio.
The Cavaliers send Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert to the Clippers for Chris Paul, J.J. Redick and Austin Rivers. Then they send Kevin Love and Matthew Dellavedova to the Celtics for Amir Johnson, Marcus Smart and one or two first-round picks.
Cleveland immediately improves by pairing LeBron James and Paul, two all-time greats on the same arc in their careers. Redick is one of the league's best shooters and a good team defense guy who should age every bit as well as Kyle Korver. Johnson is a downgrade but a solid role player, and Smart is an even better young bulldog than Dellavedova. Ultimately, the Cavaliers get better right now and add at least one first-round pick for the future, which should ameliorate the sting of losing Irving and Love, neither of whom fit that great with James.
The Clippers get to hit the reset button with a high-scoring floor general, a three-and-D wing and still one of the best front courts in the league.
Boston gets a star and top scorer in Love, who gets a much better fit for his skill set. It becomes an even better target for another alpha in free agency hopefully a defense-minded center and still has a ton of picks.

Dade County
03-19-2016, 04:08 PM
To get his max and to play in LA. Okc also gets a nice piece

But KD on the Clippers isn't all that better then him in OKC right now. When I think of KD going somewhere, its for him to win championships and of course get payed.

Clipper endorsements, isn't on the same level as what he will make as a Laker (not saying that you mentioned that)... Just trying to point out why in the hell would he want to be a Clipper (not hating Clippers fans).

If OKC can't upgrade I can see him leaving and going out east. I don't see KD going to one of the teams that beat him in the playoffs (even though I feel that OKC can make it to the Final's).

I'm a HEAT fan, so of course many posters will laugh at this, but I see him going to Miami if it doesn't workout with OKC; and the reason why, I can't see KD joining up with the Warriors or Spurs the teams he is trying to over come to get to the Final's.

But if he did decide to join GS or the Spurs I wouldn't be mad at him. I would VERY much enjoy watching him in GS putting up 3's with the splash brothers.

cheetos185
03-19-2016, 04:23 PM

Crazy

How about knicks just take both Boston picks smart and Bradley no need for philly or bucks to be involved no thanks to monroe/mcw either.

mrblisterdundee
03-19-2016, 09:42 PM
How about knicks just take both Boston picks smart and Bradley no need for philly or bucks to be involved no thanks to monroe/mcw either.

Because there's no way Boston would ever make that trade unless maybe it was for Kristaps Porzingis.

cheetos185
03-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Because there's no way Boston would ever make that trade unless maybe it was for Kristaps Porzingis.
Just simplifying his crazy trade knicks don't need players bucks want to get rid of if melo is traded than it will be for young player and draft picks

xxplayerxx23
03-20-2016, 10:47 AM

I'd bet if they don't get love they would do Bradley-smart and a pick for Melo...

mrblisterdundee
03-20-2016, 02:01 PM
I'd bet if they don't get love they would do Bradley-smart and a pick for Melo...

If they don't get Love, they could go after Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Andre Drummond, Al Horford, Dwight Howard, Hassan Whiteside, Al Jefferson, Ryan Anderson, Nicolas Batum or any number of other front court free agents without having to trade Bradley, Smart and a pick for Carmelo Anthony.
Please show me some Bostonians salivating over the possibility of selling of two of their best young assets and a good pick for an over-30 volume scorer like Anthony.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-20-2016, 02:12 PM
Jonas Valanciunas, Terrence Ross and Patrick Patterson for Kevin Love.

C- Valanciunas
PF- Thompson
SF- Lebron
SG- Ross
PG- Irving

McAllen Tx
03-21-2016, 05:04 AM
But KD on the Clippers isn't all that better then him in OKC right now. When I think of KD going somewhere, its for him to win championships and of course get payed.

Clipper endorsements, isn't on the same level as what he will make as a Laker (not saying that you mentioned that)... Just trying to point out why in the hell would he want to be a Clipper (not hating Clippers fans).

If OKC can't upgrade I can see him leaving and going out east. I don't see KD going to one of the teams that beat him in the playoffs (even though I feel that OKC can make it to the Final's).

I'm a HEAT fan, so of course many posters will laugh at this, but I see him going to Miami if it doesn't workout with OKC; and the reason why, I can't see KD joining up with the Warriors or Spurs the teams he is trying to over come to get to the Final's.

But if he did decide to join GS or the Spurs I wouldn't be mad at him. I would VERY much enjoy watching him in GS putting up 3's with the splash brothers.

Miami? I figured when you questioned the clippers you had Miami in mind. But why would he want to go to Miami, they're like the cast of the Wizard of Oz - you got your scarecrow (Whiteside) who needs a brain, you got your woodman (Bosh) who needs a heart, you got your cowardly lion (Dragic) who needs some balls or was it courage, then finally you got your Dorothy (Wade ) who needs help to get home. Its all there except Wade is alot older then the Dorothy character.

Plus Miami signing KD would mean bye bye for either Whiteside or Wade, I dont think they have $ for all 3.

DboneG
03-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Any team that trades for Carmelo would be foolish. He's got 2 maybe 3 good years left. IF THAT! He's selfish, he's a ball hog. Boston has a good thing going, they are young, well coached, plays with energy. I don't see Melo going to Boston.

I don't see any off season super trades going on...the players have a lot of veto power today. And if there is one, it will be the big market teams. LA, Chicago, Boston, NY.

Lakers need help bad...
Bulls are looking to dump D-Rose. No takers.
Celtics are in need of some help. Someone mentioned Gordon Hayward, he would fit great here. But, Utah is not looking to give him up.
Knicks will get help this summer. NBA can't let their major fan-base erode.

Stunner
03-22-2016, 12:14 PM
Butler and Bulls pick to Boston for Bradley or Crowder and the Nets pick ( if it's top 3 )

Boston offered Nets / Dallas and Lee for Butler at the deadline but we declined and rightfully so . If we Lee was replaced for Bradley or Crowder i think it gets done or I hope it would .

Ainge said he attempted to pull off a blockbuster deal at the deadline and would hope to revisit it after the season .

Bulls aren't looking to dump Rose , even with his current contract limiting options to do so . Despite what many think about Rose he's been playing very good ball for almost 3 months now . If he keeps this up next season he will most likely find himself with the Bulls again . I just can't see him not being in Chicago including the fact Rose mentioned publicly he doesn't want to play for anyone else and he wants his son to grow up here .

yungincome
03-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Any team that trades for Carmelo would be foolish. He's got 2 maybe 3 good years left. IF THAT! He's selfish, he's a ball hog. Boston has a good thing going, they are young, well coached, plays with energy. I don't see Melo going to Boston.

I don't see any off season super trades going on...the players have a lot of veto power today. And if there is one, it will be the big market teams. LA, Chicago, Boston, NY.

Lakers need help bad...
Celtics are in need of some help. Someone mentioned Gordon Hayward, he would fit great here. But, Utah is not looking to give him up.

How is that foolish when his contract ends exactly when you think he will fall off completely. So basically whoever gets him, gets him for 3 good years according to you, since he only has 2-3 good years left.

Oh, and Melo has been far from selfish this year.

Gander13SM
03-22-2016, 07:12 PM
In my head Westbrook needs to be in LAC, CP3 needs to be in OKC. Why? Westbrook is the more "exciting" player to casual fans, high flying dunks, tons of energy, lots of hype. Great business move for a Hollywood team to have someone like that who can be a franchise player moving forward for the next 5 years or so. CP3 is simply a better fit for KD imo.

Involve Blake somehow, I don't know, ideally I would like to see something like;

Chris Paul - J.J Redick - Kevin Durant - Serge Ibaka - Tyson Chandler

Russell Westbrook - DeMar DeRozan - Jeff Green - Patrick Patterson - Deandre Jordan

Kyle Lowry - Anthony Morrow - DeMarre Carroll - Blake Griffin - Jonas Valanciunas

I don't know if it's financially viable. But it's the scenario in my head I want to see play out, Toronto with a legitimate franchise player, all star caliber point guard and floor spreaders. OKC with a well rounded and more traditional point guard (that's not a knock on Westbrook), more dead eye shooters and a solid starting 5 where everyone can defend. Then for the Clippers it's Lob City back court edition where your best shooter is your powerforward and your defense is close to non existent, high scoring fast paced athletic games that inevitably result in them being a ton of fun to watch but never really winning a ring.

It may only be a dream. But it's something.

Also want to see Cousins in a Boston jersey.

xxplayerxx23
03-22-2016, 08:07 PM

Lakers need help bad...

He averages over 4 assists a game lol. Ball hog Jesus people love to live in the past. So he has 2-3 years left? Cool that's all left on his contract. Last part is dumb Knicks have been terrible like 13 out of the last 16 years

xxplayerxx23
03-22-2016, 08:08 PM
If they don't get Love, they could go after Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Andre Drummond, Al Horford, Dwight Howard, Hassan Whiteside, Al Jefferson, Ryan Anderson, Nicolas Batum or any number of other front court free agents without having to trade Bradley, Smart and a pick for Carmelo Anthony.
Please show me some Bostonians salivating over the possibility of selling of two of their best young assets and a good pick for an over-30 volume scorer like Anthony.

Add Al and Melo and they are contenders.

Green_Monster
03-22-2016, 09:12 PM
The Celtics could trade the Nets pick in a package for a star, but that star won't be over 30 years old. That would go against everything they've been doing.

Crowder is a piece they'll want to hold onto too. We've only now seen since his injury how important he is to this team. He's their best two way player, and second best overall. The guy is underrated.

mrblisterdundee
03-22-2016, 10:39 PM
Add Al and Melo and they are contenders.

That team would still be fodder for the real contenders, and the Celtics would be out several young assets this summer for a 32-year-old with continuing health concerns.
The Celtics are much better off with sub-30 free agents and building from within. If I had to trade, I would prefer Kevin Love over Carmelo Anthony.

Scoots
03-22-2016, 11:32 PM
The Celtics could trade the Nets pick in a package for a star, but that star won't be over 30 years old. That would go against everything they've been doing.

Crowder is a piece they'll want to hold onto too. We've only now seen since his injury how important he is to this team. He's their best two way player, and second best overall. The guy is underrated.

Crowder was a great and underrated signing for sure.

Scoots
03-31-2016, 10:55 AM
DMC has only played hard for one coach ... and he'd be a perfect fit in Denver.