zn23
03-14-2016, 09:04 PM
McDermott is killing the Raptors again.

shep33
03-14-2016, 10:22 PM
Russy has 16 dimes and ZERO turnovers. Plus a trip dub

Vee-Rex
03-15-2016, 12:34 AM
Cavs playing with 0 energy against Utah, and Utah is nailing long shots all game.

We played with 10x the amount of energy against the Clippers.

Vee-Rex
03-15-2016, 12:40 AM
I haven't seen a more docile Lebron in awhile. He's picking up the dribble and is just looking to pass all the time.

Yeah... I'm ready for the playoffs too. As long as we can keep the 1st seed I'm happy.

krazylegz
03-15-2016, 12:46 AM
wow,maybe just witnessed the worst double ejection in the history of the nba....literally nothing warranted an ejection by either lyes or frye...what a puss league the nba has turned into

zn23
03-15-2016, 11:59 PM
I'm going to be really happy if the Raptors don't resign Derozan.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-16-2016, 10:08 AM
Kidd pull Giannis with couple minutes left on the clock in blowout loss. Giannis was 1 assist shy of another triple double. Guess doesn't mean much. Rather pull him then risk injury in garbage minutes.

lol, please
03-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Too much hype!!!!
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?906785-Must-win-Game!-Game-67-Knicks-(28-40)-Warriors-(60-6)&p=30799843#post30799843

SteBO
03-16-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm going to be really happy if the Raptors don't resign Derozan.
Why do you say that?

Wade n Fade
03-16-2016, 10:38 PM
So much for that vaunted "Celtics defense?"

Scoots
03-17-2016, 12:04 AM
I was looking forward to see what the unicorn was going to do this time against the Warriors ... it looks like he still can't really play them.

Scoots
03-17-2016, 11:12 AM
Looking forward to Portland/San Antonio and Charlotte/Miami.

The home teams should win both, but they could be good games.

Scoots
03-17-2016, 11:19 AM
Last night Curry passed Mike Bibby on the all-time 3s made list to move up to #24. Next up is Nick Van Exel 7 3s ahead. Another 14 after that gets him Warrior Tim Hardaway. If he gets to 400 this season that will get him up to 19 and past Mike Miller. Next up after him probably early next year is the current top Warrior on the list Jason Richardson.

It's telling that at #24 on the all-time 3s list that TEN of the guys above him are still playing.

Cal827
03-17-2016, 09:27 PM
Ugh, Lowry pass it please next time.... Ditto Derozan :mad:

I love the guys, but sometimes this hero ball almost screws the team over :laugh2:
Got Lucky that Indiana was missing some free throws so now we are in OT

Bigbadmoffo
03-17-2016, 10:18 PM
Raps fans complain more the knicks fans about there team???

Bigbadmoffo
03-17-2016, 10:19 PM
Raps fans complain more then knicks fans about there team???

Cal827
03-18-2016, 02:46 AM
Raps fans complain more then knicks fans about there team???

:laugh2: the Raptors have some serious flaws too. I would love for them to get JV more involved, cause the past couple years (especially last year), the outside shooters got locked down on.

There are a couple teams that I reallly don't want to see end up with the 7 seed (Assuming Toronto ends up as 2) due to their defenders at the guard positions :laugh:

Vee-Rex
03-18-2016, 10:30 AM
:laugh2: the Raptors have some serious flaws too. I would love for them to get JV more involved, cause the past couple years (especially last year), the outside shooters got locked down on.

There are a couple teams that I reallly don't want to see end up with the 7 seed (Assuming Toronto ends up as 2) due to their defenders at the guard positions :laugh:

Would you rather win the 1st seed and play a team like Chicago in the 1st round or remain at 2nd seed and play a team like Indiana in the 1st round?

It's interesting because Chicago has won like 7 or 8 straight vs. Toronto but having the 1st seed would be desirable as well. I'd be torn as a fan.

Scoots
03-18-2016, 12:11 PM
In the west all of the first round matchup possibilities for the Warriors should be fairly drama free even though Portland and Dallas and Utah play the Warriors tough, I don't think they can win 4.

It would be fun to see a Clippers Houston matchup in round 1. Spurs Jazz would also be interesting. Add in OKC Portland and that makes for a fun first round.

Not that it's going to go that way. Just what I'd like to see.

Then again, OKC Rockets would be watching the iso ball all-stars.

Cal827
03-18-2016, 03:37 PM
Would you rather win the 1st seed and play a team like Chicago in the 1st round or remain at 2nd seed and play a team like Indiana in the 1st round?

It's interesting because Chicago has won like 7 or 8 straight vs. Toronto but having the 1st seed would be desirable as well. I'd be torn as a fan.

:laugh2: I want to stay as far away from Chicago as possible. For the past 3 seasons, it hasn't really matter what the teams positions are, the Bulls have the Raptors number. I think it's 9 in a row the Bulls have beaten Toronto, including last Monday (Despite Drake trying to help :laugh: ).

The Bulls have probably the best Shooting Guard in the League, and every time we play them, he either goes off, or has an average game and shuts down Derozan :facepalm: They also have a distinct advantage inside with a guy like Gasol who loves playing Toronto (We don't have a guy who could go off and neutralize him on the inside, like Kevin Love, Lemarcus Aldridge, etc)... I was hoping that Chicago would finally give up and trade him to us :D

Also to mention that that ********r Mcdermott ALSO loves playing us.. I think he averaged like 25ppg against Toronto during the season sweep. Raptors are 23-12 vs teams above .500, but 0-4 vs Chicago ::crying:

Raptors vs Bulls could be a first round upset, which would probably make the Raptors community on PSD explode.

Indiana has a ton of playoff experience too, and probably the better overall player in Paul George, but the Raptors have been able to shut him down in most of the games against them. Also, Ellis is good offensively, but Derozan could go off on him too. They also don't have as intimidating of a front court, so I think Toronto would have a much better chance of advancing vs the Pacers.

If that means Toronto stays as the 2 seed, then fine by me. I'll take the chances. I'm just hoping that the team doesn't overexert themselves to try to catch up the two seed (If the Cavs pull a bit away, I would prefer Lowry and Derozan get a little rest and they concede the race). If they do meet in the ECF, I don't think it'll matter as both teams are pretty good wherever they play...... Now come back to me when the Raptors lose game 7 in Cleveland :laugh2:

Scoots
03-18-2016, 05:32 PM
LeBron misses a game and ohio sports is filled with Kyrie complaints ... and some are from LeBron:

I spoke to James about this in late January, coincidentally following a win at Dallas. James spent all of last season and most of this season trying to get Irving to understand how to create shots for others. Sometimes it seems as if Irving is listening, sometimes it doesn’t.

“I just wanted him to understand that he could mean so much more to our team by also being a playmaker for the guys that can’t play-make for themselves at times,” James told me then. “Obviously, he’s able to go through two and three guys every single possession if he wants… My game earlier in the season last year was all predicated on figuring out how to get these guys, and mostly Kyrie, to understand how important it is getting other guys involved.”

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-cavaliers/cleveland-cavaliers-1.275356/cavs-99-mavs-98-jason-lloyd-s-23-thoughts-on-stealing-a-rare-win-without-lebron-james-1.669800?localLinksEnabled=false&cache=18961415304345/news/ohio/css/results_localLinksEnabled%3Dfalse&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

He says a lot more in there. But it seems to me that it's unusual LeBron would actually say something like that to the press directly. To paraphrase "I'm trying to get them to play a team game, but it's not working" ... which would fit with what came out about Varejao's comments after he joined the Warriors.

LeBron is incredible, but he can't win the game AND force a style of play on players that don't want it.

CHANGO
03-18-2016, 06:45 PM
LeBron misses a game and ohio sports is filled with Kyrie complaints ... and some are from LeBron:

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-cavaliers/cleveland-cavaliers-1.275356/cavs-99-mavs-98-jason-lloyd-s-23-thoughts-on-stealing-a-rare-win-without-lebron-james-1.669800?localLinksEnabled=false&cache=18961415304345/news/ohio/css/results_localLinksEnabled%3Dfalse&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

He says a lot more in there. But it seems to me that it's unusual LeBron would actually say something like that to the press directly. To paraphrase "I'm trying to get them to play a team game, but it's not working" ... which would fit with what came out about Varejao's comments after he joined the Warriors.

LeBron is incredible, but he can't win the game AND force a style of play on players that don't want it.

Don't know if that's true or what, but... I agree with him, to me Kyrie sometimes want to take every damn shot. He is a scorer first PG and sometimes he needs to slow down and get others involved.

Scoots
03-18-2016, 07:06 PM
Don't know if that's true or what, but... I agree with him, to me Kyrie sometimes want to take every damn shot. He is a scorer first PG and sometimes he needs to slow down and get others involved.

He's a beat writer so he has to deal with LeBron on a regular basis ... I imagine LeBron is very careful in what he says to the press so he was okay with that getting out. If a beat writer makes something up he loses his job pretty quickly.

He's right that Irving seems to think he's alone at times on the floor.

zn23
03-18-2016, 10:21 PM
Kyrie Irving plays no defense at all.

Lakers + Giants
03-19-2016, 01:22 AM
Lakers lose to PHX 5 game cushion on nets and suns. All but guarantees we end up with the second worst record. Now I just hope the lottery is kind to us. Top 2 pick please :hope:

5ass
03-19-2016, 02:07 AM
Oladipo was so good. 45 pts with elite defense. Love his competitiveness. Played great defense on LeBron on the few possessions he had to guard him. No help was needed. I keep waiting for Oladipo to have this Jimmy Butler explosion. Hopefully next year.

Iron24th
03-19-2016, 05:27 AM
Lakers lose to PHX 5 game cushion on nets and suns. All but guarantees we end up with the second worst record. Now I just hope the lottery is kind to us. Top 2 pick please :hope:

We got the tank job done on the court, now the ping pong balls better not screw us.

ClutchTime
03-19-2016, 08:10 AM
My Rockets holding on to that 8th seed by a half a game. Big game against the Hawks tonight on the road. Utah is in Chicago.

Cal827
03-19-2016, 09:26 AM
Kyrie Irving plays no defense at all.

100x This.

He's like the Carmelo Anthony of Point Guards. Absolutely Elite on the offensive end, but the other side leads a lot to be desired.

If he focused a little bit more on the other end, then it would go a long way to convince people that the Cavs are a serious favorite (I mean that as in, I think like about 90-95 percent of people seeing either Golden State or San Antonio winning the title this season :laugh2: )

Scoots
03-19-2016, 11:43 AM
100x This.

He's like the Carmelo Anthony of Point Guards. Absolutely Elite on the offensive end, but the other side leads a lot to be desired.

If he focused a little bit more on the other end, then it would go a long way to convince people that the Cavs are a serious favorite (I mean that as in, I think like about 90-95 percent of people seeing either Golden State or San Antonio winning the title this season :laugh2: )

He can't be elite on the offensive end as a PG averaging under 5 APG.

I wonder how much it hurt his game going essentially direct from high school to the pros and playing on bad teams where his scoring was paramount and celebrated and rewarded.

The longer a player has personal success the harder it is to get them to change how they play.

lol, please
03-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Just when you thought more hype was impossible....

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?906904-Must-Win-Game!-Game-69-Warriors-(62-6)-Spurs-(58-10)&p=30804685#post30804685

TOO MUCH HYPE!!!!

Leeeeeeet's gooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarriors!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

CHANGO
03-19-2016, 02:39 PM
Hope we can get a great Spurs/W's game, no blowouts unless is the Spurs blowing the W's out. :)

CHANGO
03-19-2016, 02:44 PM
Forgot the HEAT also plays against the Cavs that should be a good one.

Vee-Rex
03-19-2016, 03:05 PM
Forgot the HEAT also plays against the Cavs that should be a good one.

I did the exact same thing, lol.

My fiance asked me if I wanted to go out tonight and I'm thinking... crap, the Spurs/Warriors game is tonight...

Luckily I talked my way out of it and just remembered the Cavs/Heat play too. Should be a great evening of basketball.

aman_13
03-19-2016, 03:46 PM

You guys can have first. Raps fans don't want any part of Chicago. It doesn't matter who they dress, they are going to win lol.

aman_13
03-19-2016, 03:48 PM
McDermott becomes Kyle Korver when he plays the Raps.

Scoots
03-19-2016, 04:26 PM
McDermott becomes Kyle Korver when he plays the Raps.

That's not the compliment it once was.

aman_13
03-19-2016, 04:41 PM
That's not the compliment it once was.

I was thinking that when I said that. Last yr Korver is the comparison I was going for.

Scoots
03-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Steph just wanted to be a pro and make it 10 years in the NBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv4XbJPQLTo

Klay thought he'd be a decent 7th guy, like Dell Curry. No kidding that's the name he used his junior year in college.

Draymond Green wanted to dominate the NBA and make everybody else weep.

There are many different ways to skin a cat.

Spurs fans ... any insights into your stars approaches to the game?

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 08:01 PM
^to the game in general or tonight's? Those quotes you posted seem to be prior to their arrivals

jerellh528
03-19-2016, 08:09 PM
Dwight Howard was caught using stickum on his hands? Lol wth

Scoots
03-19-2016, 08:19 PM
^to the game in general or tonight's? Those quotes you posted seem to be prior to their arrivals

To the game and their careers in general. This stuff was coming up in this area with the game today coming up.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 08:39 PM
Tim Duncan not starting apparently

archdevil84
i hate the cavaliers commentators

kdspurman
To the game and their careers in general. This stuff was coming up in this area with the game today coming up.

Ah.. I'm sure I can dig up some quotes our next matchup lol

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 08:40 PM
How many guys with Duncans resume would agree to come off the bench...

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 08:47 PM
Always felt Diaw could be a big factor in this potential series. He did well against GS in 2013, and I think despite the obvious growth from GS bigs, there are still guys he could have his way with

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 08:53 PM
Game is a little crazy thus far lol u can tell there's extra adrenaline from both teams.

I'm waiting for the foreign legion to come in and try and get the crowd even more involved.

Scoots
03-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Always felt Diaw could be a big factor in this potential series. He did well against GS in 2013, and I think despite the obvious growth from GS bigs, there are still guys he could have his way with

Diaw has given Green fits in the past.

Scoots
03-19-2016, 09:03 PM
What is going on with the Cavs Heat game?

Scoots
03-19-2016, 09:05 PM
Spurs pace. Game looks like it's going to be interesting.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 09:06 PM
Like the pace.. would prefer less carelessness on offense lol

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 09:08 PM
What is going on with the Cavs Heat game?

Miami matches up well with them. Plus you know there's a little added motivation for them anytime they see Lebron

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 09:14 PM
Just saw a tweet Danny green is the first player to block a Curry 3 this year... insane with all the attempts he takes

WaDe03
03-19-2016, 09:14 PM
Miami gets up for big games. The vets don't want to go all out through the regular season every game because they need to stay as fresh as possible for the playoffs. Every game is a big game in the playoffs and you see our roster. Don't sleep on the Heat.

CardinalRed24
03-19-2016, 09:20 PM
Damn this is great competition. Its getting good real quick

CardinalRed24
03-19-2016, 09:22 PM
Aldridge looks sharp this time around. Spurs in control of tempo so far

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 09:31 PM
^hes had much more time to get acclimated and get comfortable. We knew this would take a while...

Which is 1 of the reasons why I ignore the noise about spurs records against elite teams. This was always going to be a process getting him comfortable

Vee-Rex
03-19-2016, 09:34 PM
Miami gets up for big games. The vets don't want to go all out through the regular season every game because they need to stay as fresh as possible for the playoffs. Every game is a big game in the playoffs and you see our roster. Don't sleep on the Heat.

Miami came to play for sure. It's concerning as a Cavs fan since... we've played a pretty good game lol. Our defense isn't great but it hasn't been terrible either - Miami has just been better on offense.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 09:35 PM
How the hell is curry shooting free throws??

WaDe03
03-19-2016, 09:38 PM
Miami came to play for sure. It's concerning as a Cavs fan since... we've played a pretty good game lol. Our defense isn't great but it hasn't been terrible either - Miami has just been better on offense.

We're getting a lot of open looks and it helps Wade is back in a rhythm. JJ is just pulling up and hitting and JRich my god he just continues to impress. You guys have played good too as you said so I'm kind of confused lol.

kdspurman
****** officiating to end the half. Hopefully our guys come out and play better than they have. It's been pretty sloppy thus far

Scoots
Just saw a tweet Danny green is the first player to block a Curry 3 this year... insane with all the attempts he takes
He's had 2 touched but they went in so they don't count. Green is a great defender, i thought his offense was going to get better by now.

zn23
03-19-2016, 09:40 PM
Great defense by both teams.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 09:43 PM
He's had 2 touched but they went in so they don't count. Green is a great defender, i thought his offense was going to get better by now.

You'd think... but i still cringe when he puts the ball on the floor. His defense does make up for it, especially nights where we need him. Like against the warriors, rockets, blazers, etc...

lol, please
03-19-2016, 09:45 PM
Spurs have no answer for Klay Thompson.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 09:45 PM
Wonder what post game comments LeBron will have. Seems Kyrie/Love had quiet games

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Spurs have no answer for Klay Thompson.

It's not good to drink and post

WaDe03
03-19-2016, 09:54 PM
Wonder what post game comments LeBron will have. Seems Kyrie/Love had quiet games

People don't want to buy into the reports but that team is falling apart I'm telling you.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 09:54 PM
Zbo with a near triple double against the Clips 22/9/8

lol, please
03-19-2016, 09:57 PM
Green is wet!!! 3 point game folks.

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:01 PM
Klay :faint:

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Mark Jackson speaking the truth.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 10:03 PM
Jvg sees it. Kawhi doesn't get enough respect from the refs lol. He's too quiet..

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Curry's first 3 of the game. Spurs have been playing well defensively but it won't be enough.

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:10 PM
Good call by the refs. Sit down pops. Just stop.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Disgusting

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:13 PM
Barbosa!! Doing some work right now. Let's gooooo

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 10:14 PM
Officiating is terrible.. some bad calls both ways. Kawhi's last 2 fouls though were terrible though. Both lead to points

jason
03-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Bad call.. Only reason they called it cause Curry fell forward.. Oh well I'll take it!

WOwolfOL
03-19-2016, 10:23 PM
What a game. The defense has been on point for both squads.

jason
03-19-2016, 10:27 PM
Agreed.. A series would be fun

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:32 PM

Agreed.

Tie game folks!

jerellh528
Dang if these two teams meet in the wcf I have no clue who would win. Wcf is the finals this year

kdspurman
Pros and cons of this pace... pro , it slows down the offense. Con, it makes it somewhat easier for GS after a b2b.

They're battling out there.

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:34 PM
Rockets vs Thunder is going to be a great game.

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Dang if these two teams meet in the wcf I have no clue who would win. Wcf is the finals this year

It is more often than not anyway. :laugh2:

Lakers + Giants
03-19-2016, 10:36 PM

Would love it if the top 16 teams made the playoffs so we could potentially see this matchup as the NBA Finals. Much better than East v West.

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:36 PM
Varejao to Barnes!!!!!

jason
03-19-2016, 10:37 PM
Too many whistles

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 10:38 PM
Too many whistles

I hate when they're whistle happy. Let them be physical out there

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:39 PM
Would love it if the top 16 teams made the playoffs so we could potentially see this matchup as the NBA Finals. Much better than East v West.

As soon as the Lakers get good again, it will be a Lakers vs Warriors WCF every year and all the other Conference teams will hate us.

:dance:

JLynn943
03-19-2016, 10:39 PM
Diaw is such a good player.

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:43 PM
Terrible call.

CardinalRed24
03-19-2016, 10:44 PM
So intense!!

jerellh528
03-19-2016, 10:44 PM
Dang Kerr is heated

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:45 PM
Comon Barnes, what is that? It wasn't even close.

And the refs miss the travel. Unsurprising.

kdspurman
Draymond just yells and it's a foul.

Mell413
That's a flop

JLynn943
03-19-2016, 10:46 PM
Nice flop.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 10:46 PM
Dang Kerr is heated

It was 2 steps, it was just crazy slow-motion

jason
03-19-2016, 10:48 PM
I hate when they're whistle happy. Let them be physical out there
Exactly.. Everytime they're getting physical they get whistle happy

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 10:53 PM
Mother****er.. need to hit fts

JLynn943
03-19-2016, 10:54 PM
If these teams meet in the WCF, that's must-see tv.

Bostonjorge
03-19-2016, 10:54 PM
Good game

Bostonjorge
03-19-2016, 10:56 PM
Rim has to be off

lol, please
03-19-2016, 10:56 PM
That's game.

It was a tough game to begin with, With Curry and Klay not hitting 3's, we kept it close but obviously not enough.

I am more pissed about the record than the series or seeding though.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 10:57 PM
Good game dubs fans.. very entertaining. Brings me back to the mid 2000s with this pace/score

jason
03-19-2016, 10:57 PM
Damn good game.. Off night for Curry and missing key players and still made a close game.. A series would be fun

mngopher35
03-19-2016, 10:58 PM
I can't wait to see a playoff series between these teams. Hopefully both stay healthy and make it to wcf.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 11:00 PM
The defensive schemes tonight were far different than last time. I think Pop took that first hit but saw the best of GS and wanted to try a few things to counter. Kerr will definitely do the same going into next game.

It'll be different next time around.. Hopefully we can finally see these teams play eachother healthy and at their best. The first game wasn't close to that lol

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 11:01 PM
Btw, Timmy would certainly have played more if Bogut was out there

Lakers + Giants
03-19-2016, 11:02 PM
As soon as the Lakers get good again, it will be a Lakers vs Warriors WCF every year and all the other Conference teams will hate us.

:dance:

I ****in wish lmfao. It's gonna take another 2-3 years for us to even be relevant again tho.

zn23
03-19-2016, 11:02 PM
The Spurs were on Curry all night. Amazing defense.

tredigs
03-19-2016, 11:04 PM
Made good $ on the Spurs tonight.

Hyping up a game when one team is on a road b2b is just silly.

They will probably smash SAS at home their next game, and likely lose again on their other road b2b (and also 3 games in 4 nights) in San Antonio. Scheduling > h2h.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 11:08 PM
Give the spurs defense some credit, I understand the circumstances of course. But they were on another level defensively.

It doesn't mean squat moving forward or in a potential playoff series matchup. But it was a gritty effort by the spurs and the Warriors fought like hell.

zn23
03-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Made good $ on the Spurs tonight.

Hyping up a game when one team is on a road b2b is just silly.

They will probably smash SAS at home their next game, and likely lose again on their other road b2b (and also 3 games in 4 nights) in San Antonio. Scheduling > h2h.

I don't think the B2B was a big factor in this one. It's not like they struggled with Mavs. They beat them easily.

tredigs
03-19-2016, 11:15 PM
I don't think the B2B was a big factor in this one. It's not like they struggled with Mavs. They beat them easily.

Did you miss the game? They had the starters in sweating deep into the 4th. Road b2b's are the greatest predictors of a loss in NBA basketball. Thats just a fact.

No Center, backup Center, or Iguodala obviously did not help. Let's just say, i was very pleased and 0% surprised by the loss. Even less so by the under.

Vee-Rex
03-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Spurs were terrific defensively. If they played another game tonight Steph might go 8 of 13 from deep.

But he's less likely to do it if defenses played him more that way IMO. Great job and props to the Spurs.

Dubs still king though and still might be the GOAT team.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 11:21 PM
They were physical with steph all night. I mean b2b or not, 79 points is very impressive . Controlling the boards was key.

Spurs were pretty bad with the turnovers all night. Both teams could score 110+ in the next meeting, but I think to hold GS under 80 was due to some minor adjustments pop made and mindset.

CHANGO
03-19-2016, 11:30 PM
That was an entertaining game. Officiating was horrible, both ways, it was disgusting tbh. Duncan played only 7 minutes, he can't stay out there with the W's going small with Green at the 5. Both PF's were abusing Barnes on the post.

And Pop just said FU to all of us fans that insist double teaming Curry isn't the best way to go. :laugh: That was an amazing defense by the Spurs, sometimes trapping, switching everything and trying to stay close to Curry everytime.

I hate when Curry takes those long threes when he can take a better shot, I know he can make those at an amazing % but come on, you have the ability to go by a defender and create a better more efficient shot. It's just hero-ball.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there is a team on the East that can win a series vs the Cavs, that's the HEAT. We matchup very well against them and Wade plays his best vs Lebron. Kyrie and Love are a problem for the Cavs, they can't defend for **** (especially Kyrie this year).

Cavs best lineups with 50+ minutes in terms of Net Rating are:
Delly - Shumpert - Lebron - Love - Thompson (22.9 NetRTG)
Delly - JR - Lebron - Love - Thompson (20.4 NetRTG)
Irving - JR - Lebron - Love - Thompson (13.3 NetRTG)
.... couple of more lineups ....
Irving - JR - Lebron - Love - Mozgov (-16.1 NetRTG)

They play better without Irving on the floor, basically the core of last year's Finals with Love instead of Mozgov.

Our J-Rich, Deng, Dragic, Whiteside lineup looks amazing.

tredigs
03-19-2016, 11:35 PM
Give the spurs defense some credit, I understand the circumstances of course. But they were on another level defensively.

It doesn't mean squat moving forward or in a potential playoff series matchup. But it was a gritty effort by the spurs and the Warriors fought like hell.

I give them full credit. NO other team could have done that to GS. And, I was also 100% unsurprised and made a lot of money on account of it.

tredigs
03-19-2016, 11:40 PM
I'd caution against saying "b2b or not", though. I assure you, nothing means more in the NBA. And I also assure you, "b2b" does not exist in the playoffs.

The Spurs will not beat GSW without HCA, and they will not have HCA.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 11:44 PM
I'd caution against saying "b2b or not", though. I assure you, nothing means more in the NBA. And I also assure you, "b2b" does not exist in the playoffs.

Oh for sure. I know there's no b2b's in the playoffs. But SA for example though hasn't lost all year on 2nd nights of b2bs to this point. So while they are tough, I was just emphasizing that regardless of that, it was impressive to hold this machine to 79 points

Vee-Rex
03-19-2016, 11:45 PM
They were physical with steph all night. I mean b2b or not, 79 points is very impressive . Controlling the boards was key.

Spurs were pretty bad with the turnovers all night. Both teams could score 110+ in the next meeting, but I think to hold GS under 80 was due to some minor adjustments pop made and mindset.

This. They switched super quickly and were in Curry's grill all night.

They dared him to drive to the rim. They said, "You wanna call these high PnRs? We're gonna make it so you gotta drive hard at the rim every single time."

No human being can do that and we saw Steph settle into a lot of bad shots, probably because driving full speed from near half court every other possession would be insane.

2nd night of a b2b is a factor for sure, though. It'll be interesting to see how it would go in a 7 game series.

jason
03-19-2016, 11:46 PM
Spurs played great defense but Warriors defense pretty much played just as great as they did.. Curry was off too.. Missing open shots he usually hits

tredigs
03-19-2016, 11:52 PM
Oh for sure. I know there's no b2b's in the playoffs. But SA for example though hasn't lost all year on 2nd nights of b2bs to this point. So while they are tough, I was just emphasizing that regardless of that, it was impressive to hold this machine to 79 points

The 79 points was awesome and actually surprising. I figured a ~98-88 Spurs win.

I think this was the Warriors 2nd b2b loss. The first being (another game I was positive they would lose and bet against them) versus Milwaukee in the last game of a 7 or 8 game road trip. Certain games are just losses. And with their injuries + general fatigue lately (barely beating average teams post ASB due to fatigue), this game just had the writing on the wall.

Great win. "CLAP CLAP". But, entirely expected by those who know what they're doing.

I also entirely expect the Warriors to smash SAS in WCF. -shrug.

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 11:52 PM
Spurs played great defense but Warriors defense pretty much played just as great as they did.. Curry was off too.. Missing open shots he usually hits

Exactly.. and SA had like 20 turnovers, both teams played well defenely. It was an old school defensive game, and honestly that's our best way to win against you guys. At a slower/half court pace...

A playoff series would look different. Rotations, minutes, etc... so again to anyone trying to take too much from thisb game, it should be done with caution

kdspurman
03-19-2016, 11:54 PM
The 79 points was awesome and actually surprising. I figured a ~98-88 Spurs win.

I think this was the Warriors 2nd b2b loss. The first being (another game I was positive they would lose and bet against them) versus Milwaukee in the last game of a 7 or 8 game road trip. Certain games are just losses. And with their injuries + general fatigue lately (barely beating average teams post ASB due to fatigue), this game just had the writing on the wall.

Great win. "CLAP CLAP". But, entirely expected by those who know what they're doing.

I also entirely expect the Warriors to smash SAS in WCF. -shrug.

I wouldn't expect you to expect otherwise haha :cheers:

I know how confident you are in your team. We're right there though in the shadows...

tredigs
03-20-2016, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't expect you to expect otherwise haha :cheers:

I know how confident you are in your team. We're right there though in the shadows...

Lol true - but personally, I think my track record of confidence/despise of the Warriors and their players speaks for itself. With no care of tooting my own horn too much, my knowledge of this team and their potential (good and bad) has been absurdly on point the past decade. And the vast majority of that is on record. Jussssssst saying.

H2H at full strength versus a 70 win Spurs team? I think the Warriors win in 6, with at least one blowout.

nastynice
03-20-2016, 12:09 AM
Was an awesome game, dubs played the slow pace pretty well, just weren't able to make our move late in the game. Played slow vs Dallas last night in the 3rd quarter too. This is great prep for playoff time

kdspurman
03-20-2016, 12:12 AM
Lol true - but personally, I think my track record of confidence/despise of the Warriors and their players speaks for itself. With no care of tooting my own horn too much, my knowledge of this team and their potential (good and bad) has been absurdly on point the past decade. And the vast majority of that is on record. Jussssssst saying.

H2H at full strength versus a 70 win Spurs team? I think the Warriors win in 6, with at least one blowout.

Well, I'd be very, very surprised if this GS team closes us out in SA tbqh...And even the best can be off at times (referring to your accuracy). :)

I just hope they meet honestly. We're both confident in our teams, as well we should be. We're witnessing history. I would never make any predictions now, frankly it's still too early. I need to see a playoff series or 2 before I can feel the pulse of the Spurs. It's a new team, so a little different than what you've got going on. You've got that continuity thing going that we usually have.

tredigs
03-20-2016, 12:16 AM
KDSpur = the best.

ewing
03-20-2016, 12:20 AM
interesting game. Like Sheed says both teams played hard. I think they both really did want this one. I think the refs were pretty bad on both ends. I couple points, some that Jeff or Mark mentioned. Klay was being match by Patty Mills or Tony Parker and an awful lot. Getting him the ball on the block would have been a good adjustment. Kawhi might need to start getting in officials face. He doesn't get star treatment. Also I think Draymond Green might get away with more contact then any player in the league. the Spurs could use some more play making. they off set with post game and are giving more play making opportunities to Kawhi but it not his game yet and they with Parker and Manu aging they don't have a lot guys that beat you with the bounce. overall good game. I don't think it really tells us much that we didn't know. If the Spurs can dictate pace they have a lot better shot. Easier said then done and still doesn't mean you will a win

Gander13SM
03-20-2016, 05:19 AM
If the Warriors pay Harrison Barnes a max contract this offseason Myers has to go lmao. The guy looked legitimately scared of Leonard.

Great defense by both teams. The fact neither scored 90+ is amazing. I had it down as being something like 98-85 Spurs if they could control the pace.

I'm not sure the Warriors defense doesn't get better with Iguodala and Bogut, but then we have to remember if Bogut is out there, Duncan will be too.

It was so close down the stretch and the Warriors had their worst game all year, that's crazy.

Can't wait to see them play in the playoffs, just hope the basketball gods allow it and don't leave us watching the Westbrook Isolation show.

ClutchTime
03-20-2016, 11:09 AM
Sunday 3/20

Mavericks
Raptors
Celtics
Clippers
Bucks
Knicks

Longhornfan1234
03-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Not impressed with the Spurs win, tbh. Squeaked out win at home vs a team who's coming off back-to-back in 6th game in 9 days.

kdspurman
03-20-2016, 12:36 PM
Not impressed with the Spurs win, tbh. Squeaked out win at home vs a team who's coming off back-to-back in 6th game in 9 days.

Typical... btw, seems your LMA/Spurs predictions have been way off. Didn't see that coming

kdspurman
03-20-2016, 08:37 PM
Wow, crazy comeback by the Clippers.

ClutchTime
03-20-2016, 08:53 PM
Just got in and catching up on the NBA action from today. What a game in Dallas. I say the Kings hang on and win after a strong 2nd quarter by the Knicks.