PDA

View Full Version : Philly is NOT lucky at all. Okafor with meniscus tear

jimm120
03-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Sixers' Okafor out for year with meniscus tear

The Score "Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor will miss the remainder of the season with a torn meniscus in his right knee, according to Yahoo's Marc. J. Spears.

Okafor out with a pretty serious injury (obviously not as bad as Embiid or an ACL type injury).

Embiid, Okafor are the prime time scorers.

Now all 3 of their bigs have big leg injuries.

Noel with a broken leg in year 1
Embiid with broken bones and tears in years 1 and 2
Okafor with meniscus tear in year 1.

KINGOFSPORTS
03-11-2016, 06:38 PM
76ers are a joke. They will probably draft another Center this year

Hawkeye15
03-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Meh, this is barely anything really. Those are easy to recover from.

FOXHOUND
03-11-2016, 06:44 PM
In my experience, there's no such thing as luck...

valade16
03-11-2016, 07:26 PM
This isn't luck. It is the Basketball Gods striking Lo the 76ers for their hubris.

SportsFanatic10
03-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Ya it does seem like the basketball gods cursing them for disrespecting the game with their 10 year rebuilt plan lol. But seriously, tough break for JO and the team, all these promising young bigs and they can't get/keep them on the court.

jimm120
03-11-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm just praying for Kristaps. He's damn tall and he does crazy jumps sometimes.

5ass
03-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Might actually win them more games TBH.

jerellh528
03-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Meh, slight meniscus tear is nothing really. A full tear could be bad and cause future problems, but slight tears aren't too bad. I bet there's plenty of people walking around thatve had slight tears and they've healed on their own without even knowing it. But since he's a pro athlete every precaution is taken, that's likely why surgery was involved.

RLundi
03-11-2016, 08:16 PM
76ers are a joke. They will probably draft another Center this year

Lol I'm not even a Sixers fan but this is a clueless post. They're a joke because they have injuries? Or they're a joke for other reasons and you just felt the need to bring it up unprompted in a thread about a meniscus tear?

ManningToTyree
03-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Hopefully he recovers ok. He's young enough for it to not be a hindrance once healed

KINGOFSPORTS
03-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Lol I'm not even a Sixers fan but this is a clueless post. They're a joke because they have injuries? Or they're a joke for other reasons and you just felt the need to bring it up unprompted in a thread about a meniscus tear?

Not even responding to this.

Scoots
03-11-2016, 09:13 PM
I just hope they are lucky enough for the Lakers to finish 4th

numba1CHANGsta
03-11-2016, 09:24 PM
Oops guess the Sixers are in need of yet another center, so that will make it 4 straight centers drafted in 4 years LOL

Alayla
03-11-2016, 09:58 PM

You most likely not wrong honestly

Alayla
03-11-2016, 10:17 PM
My lord the comments here are silly this type of injury takes all of 2 months to heal this is hardly news o.o let alone is it cause to bash philly as if minor injuries don't happen on every team.

jimm120
03-11-2016, 10:42 PM
"takes all of 2 months"......dude, that's a long sit.

As said, it isn't an ACL tear or anything, but it still affects the player for a LONG time.

Tony_Starks
03-11-2016, 10:43 PM
Not really a huge injury at his age, should bounce back fairly quickly.

I'd be more concerned with them winning games with him out if I were them. Noel is actually a damn solid player, I really don't like the fit of them together.

They won tonight.

Aust
03-11-2016, 11:44 PM

I was thinking the same thing lol

LivinLakers
03-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Maybe the Sixers should stop looking for bigs. With Bynum, Embiid, Noel, Okafor. They should only go after players 6'9 and under. That should fix it. J/k by the way

flea
03-12-2016, 02:43 AM
"takes all of 2 months"......dude, that's a long sit.

As said, it isn't an ACL tear or anything, but it still affects the player for a LONG time.

Not really, this is the same or lesser injury that Westbrook (a guard that requires athleticism) came back from in like a month. This is just the Sixers "shutting it down" because they're tanking anyway. Chalk up next year to the tank probably too. What a fun way to rebuild - both for the players and the fans! (At least Hinkie gets paid to watch this dog **** product.)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-12-2016, 04:36 AM
karma is a ******

More-Than-Most
03-12-2016, 05:31 AM
karma is a ******

So does this mean the lakers are next for the karma injury bug? because they are clearly tanking more than any team by keeping Byron scott at the helm :shrug:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-12-2016, 07:13 AM
we actually tried to win before the season, signing vets and kobe getting healthy.

Phillys obvious tanking is obvious. end of story.

ewing
03-12-2016, 07:44 AM
you think they will draft a center now?

More-Than-Most
03-12-2016, 07:57 AM
we actually tried to win before the season, signing vets and kobe getting healthy.

Thinking Kobe was going to be good and signing Hibbert= Trying to win? Why not make adjustments during the season? Why be a complete and utter crap team and use one of the best players ever as a meal ticket all while allowing him to shoot it 40 times a game and turn his final season into a circus just to sidestep the tanking notion? Tanking is tanking and the lakers were blatantly obvious about their tanking this season so much so that they used it as a goodbye tour... Fact the lakers have a better record then the sixers but the sixers have been much more competitive this year and by a good bit.

2-ONE-5
03-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Not really, this is the same or lesser injury that Westbrook (a guard that requires athleticism) came back from in like a month. This is just the Sixers "shutting it down" because they're tanking anyway. Chalk up next year to the tank probably too. What a fun way to rebuild - both for the players and the fans! (At least Hinkie gets paid to watch this dog **** product.)

you were on point til the end. were not tanking next year, expect FA moves and trades to improve the team. I expect to have a season similar to Orlando this year, maybe a few games worse.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-12-2016, 09:54 AM
I mentioned this over in the Embiid video thread. Posters were suggesting to trade one of the big men. I said hang onto them to see they can all be healthy for a season and see how it goes before ya start listening to trade offers. Then here we have a injury.

Scoots
03-12-2016, 10:09 AM

The Lakers started tanking when they hired Scott. The rest was just window dressing for gullible fans. At least the Sixers are honest.

5ass
03-12-2016, 03:40 PM
you were on point til the end. were not tanking next year, expect FA moves and trades to improve the team. I expect to have a season similar to Orlando this year, maybe a few games worse.

What if they can't attract good FAs? Its no guarantee they win 35 games next year. That's like tripling this year's win total. It won't be easy.

5ass
03-12-2016, 03:45 PM
The Lakers started tanking when they hired Scott. The rest was just window dressing for gullible fans. At least the Sixers are honest.

I disagree. I think they had good intentions. On paper hibbert+bass made sense. Not sure what they were thinking signing nick young AND Lou Williams, but I can't fault them for trying. What they did is add veterans instead of handing the team on a silver platter to Randle and Russell. I can respect that. Did some gullible fans get too carried away? Of course. I can still remember posters saying they'd get the 8th seed with Kobe having a great year lol.

FOXHOUND
03-12-2016, 04:06 PM
The Lakers didn't try to tank. They went after all of the top FAs, when that failed they got the best players they could rather than rely on on D League players and pay a fine for being below the salary cap floor. Nobody good wanted to go there, that's what happens when you suck. Sometimes teams are just bad, there is only one NBA team that is blatantly tanking and that's the 76ers.

On that note, any Philly fan thinking any good FA is going to that garbage roster is going to be sorely mistaken. Don't get your hopes up for FA, just pray Embiid can play and do something on that sloppy logjam center infested roster and that Hinkie doesn't add another big in the draft.

TheNumber37
03-12-2016, 04:29 PM
He's young. He'll be back ready by October December. It gives the Sixers a reason to trade someone. Which they now will. Believe me, teams will still take Okafor over the Summer and on Lottery day

Scoots
03-12-2016, 05:02 PM
The Lakers ARE tanking. They just were more subtle about it. They signed Kobe to a huge contract despite the fact that he's bad at basketball as a starter and refused to not start. They hired Scott. They spent big on Hibbert to get over the salary floor on a 1 year deal. They have $23M on the books next year ... next year is when they want to go after the veterans to put around their young core with a few more rookies added too.

I have NO IDEA why they signed Nick Young to that contract. None at all. Lou Williams I can see some merit, he's supposedly a good locker room guy and he's a decent player for the money.

Only Lakers fans would think the team was trying to win with $37M to Kobe and Hibbert and Scott on the bench.

FOXHOUND
03-12-2016, 07:20 PM
The Lakers ARE tanking. They just were more subtle about it. They signed Kobe to a huge contract despite the fact that he's bad at basketball as a starter and refused to not start. They hired Scott. They spent big on Hibbert to get over the salary floor on a 1 year deal. They have $23M on the books next year ... next year is when they want to go after the veterans to put around their young core with a few more rookies added too.

I have NO IDEA why they signed Nick Young to that contract. None at all. Lou Williams I can see some merit, he's supposedly a good locker room guy and he's a decent player for the money.

Only Lakers fans would think the team was trying to win with $37M to Kobe and Hibbert and Scott on the bench.

... they did that because they aren't tanking. You don't resign a 36-year old Kobe Bryant, try to keep a 34-year old Pau Gasol and heavily pursue Carmelo Anthony in FA if you are taking. They whiffed on the big FA's and lost Pau, and Kobe came back worse than they hoped. That's not tanking, that's just getting the short end of the stick. They tried to go after the top FA's last year too and couldn't get any, because they suck. They signed smaller contracts and TRADED for Hibbert with him opting into his last year so push cap space so they can once again chase the top FA's next year.

None of these are the actions of a "tanking" team. Being bad doesn't mean you're tanking, there are bad teams every year. The only team that is tanking is the 76ers because they continuously do whatever it takes to keep dumping players for picks and maintaining a borderline dleague roster while paying a fine instead of reaching the salary cap floor. The highest paid player on the 76ers roster is Carl Landry at $6.5M, a 32-year old who barely plays. That's what tanking looks like.

The 76ers WANT to be bad. If the Lakers had it their way, they would have Kobe, Melo and Pau right now. Colossal difference.

GiantsSwaGG
03-12-2016, 07:38 PM

:laugh: I needed the laugh. Lakers are tanking signing Lou Will, Hibbert and hiring Scott isn't trying to win lol

Scoots
03-12-2016, 08:36 PM
... they did that because they aren't tanking. You don't resign a 36-year old Kobe Bryant, try to keep a 34-year old Pau Gasol and heavily pursue Carmelo Anthony in FA if you are taking. They whiffed on the big FA's and lost Pau, and Kobe came back worse than they hoped. That's not tanking, that's just getting the short end of the stick. They tried to go after the top FA's last year too and couldn't get any, because they suck. They signed smaller contracts and TRADED for Hibbert with him opting into his last year so push cap space so they can once again chase the top FA's next year.

None of these are the actions of a "tanking" team. Being bad doesn't mean you're tanking, there are bad teams every year. The only team that is tanking is the 76ers because they continuously do whatever it takes to keep dumping players for picks and maintaining a borderline dleague roster while paying a fine instead of reaching the salary cap floor. The highest paid player on the 76ers roster is Carl Landry at $6.5M, a 32-year old who barely plays. That's what tanking looks like.

The 76ers WANT to be bad. If the Lakers had it their way, they would have Kobe, Melo and Pau right now. Colossal difference.

Saying you are "trying" to sign good old players doesn't mean they were actually trying. You can tell the press whatever you want, but talking to an agent and offering a contract the player will never accept is not REALLY trying. The Lakers want to look like they are trying while not having any bad long contract. They re-signed Kobe because they wanted to sell tickets and merch while maximizing losses (aka tanking). All of these are the actions of a tanking team.

The Nick Young contract just doesn't make sense. He's not a player you want to lead youngsters, and he's not good enough to build around or with.

The Suns and TWolves are not particularly interested in winning either. Saying you are tanking is not the only way to tank.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-13-2016, 03:39 AM
:laugh: I needed the laugh. Lakers are tanking signing Lou Will, Hibbert and hiring Scott isn't trying to win lol

:confused:

Lou Will was excellent in Toronto last year
Hibbert is still a good defensive presence.

Look at our's last year roster.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2015.html

Obvious tanking would have been re-signing those guys.

More-Than-Most
03-13-2016, 04:02 AM
The Lakers didn't try to tank. They went after all of the top FAs, when that failed they got the best players they could rather than rely on on D League players and pay a fine for being below the salary cap floor. Nobody good wanted to go there, that's what happens when you suck. Sometimes teams are just bad, there is only one NBA team that is blatantly tanking and that's the 76ers.

On that note, any Philly fan thinking any good FA is going to that garbage roster is going to be sorely mistaken. Don't get your hopes up for FA, just pray Embiid can play and do something on that sloppy logjam center infested roster and that Hinkie doesn't add another big in the draft.

The sixers went after Butler :shrug:

And they also made a good trade at the time... The sixers know what they are and didnt wanna throw out fools gold to the fans. Tanking is tanking period and that has been the lakers this year... Again we are a much more competitive team than they are this year as well.

mngopher35
03-13-2016, 04:27 AM
Just because a team is bad does not make it an intentional plan to suck for a few years to acquire as many picks/assets as possible while ditching non young players for value (because you know you won't be competing). The lakers went out and tried to get good vets/players and when that didn't work they went the next route and signed/traded for players who have at the very least provided impact in the past while trying to keep cap for the next year as well (because it is LA).

You can rag on the Kobe deal as almost everyone thought it was an overpay but the reasoning behind it isn't necessarily that they were tanking. First of all he has been a major part of 5 championships and they made a conscious effort to make/keep him the highest paid player in the league at the time but did not max him out which I think takes away from that point (why not just max him if you truly want to tank?). LA is a place known for getting top free agents and my guess is this will be brought up in those future meetings too (sign now and we will take care of you for the rest of your career while helping you get championships). This was also before it was clear he had declined to this extent so the thought was by not maxing him out they would have money to use on others. You can choose to believe that they didn't really attempt to get some other free agents but I personally doubt an organization like that isn't more focused on their current status/reputation when it comes to free agency than hoping to suck for multiple years in a row where they may not even get their pick. Even when things didn't work out it's not like they sat around thinking lets just save cap and try to trade for some value come deadline, they went after some players who have had impact in the past.

I am not what you would call a Lakers fan but in this instance I think people are reaching very far to compare the two situations. I don't even have a problem with what Philly is doing as much as many others because I get the logic behind the strategy. I just don't think it is a comparable situation at all.

FOXHOUND
03-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Saying you are "trying" to sign good old players doesn't mean they were actually trying. You can tell the press whatever you want, but talking to an agent and offering a contract the player will never accept is not REALLY trying. The Lakers want to look like they are trying while not having any bad long contract. They re-signed Kobe because they wanted to sell tickets and merch while maximizing losses (aka tanking). All of these are the actions of a tanking team.

The Nick Young contract just doesn't make sense. He's not a player you want to lead youngsters, and he's not good enough to build around or with.

The Suns and TWolves are not particularly interested in winning either. Saying you are tanking is not the only way to tank.

Yes, they were clearly trying. They were ready to offer Melo the max before HE dropped them as a possible destination, because their roster sucked. They lost Pau because HE left after feeling disrespected being in trade rumors for years and, again, because their roster sucked. You never resign Kobe with the intention of losing, what kind of thinking is that?

Yeah, the Suns and Wolves aren't tanking either. The Suns tried to be good and wrecked themselves with chemistry issues stemming from poor management. The Wolves are a young rebuilding team, they're still trying to get better each year and have been. They have big contracts in Rubio and Pek, who they resigned. They added Kevin Martin, who they signed.

Again, having cap space isn't some license to get whatever you want. Players have to want to go there and that only happens when you show them you're good. If it were that easy, DeAndre Jordan would be on the Knicks right now instead of Robin Lopez and Arron Afflalo. Guess what, Phil didn't want to settle for those players either and the Knicks are bad. Does that mean they tanked, in your odd view? Did the Knicks not want to win this year?

As far as anything about Nick Young, this is the team that willingly chose Mike D' Antoni over Phil Jackson. Sometimes, teams are just dumb. Doesn't mean they're tanking. When these teams start trading their young players for future picks just because they don't look like potential superstars and are fielding a dleague roster, let me know.

FOXHOUND
03-13-2016, 01:41 PM
The sixers went after Butler :shrug:

And they also made a good trade at the time... The sixers know what they are and didnt wanna throw out fools gold to the fans. Tanking is tanking period and that has been the lakers this year... Again we are a much more competitive team than they are this year as well.

You mean Butler the RFA who used to the 76ers to ensure he gets his max? :shrug:

It's not about whether they have been making good value trades or not, it's about the fact that they are clearly tanking. Carl Landry is their highest paid player at $6.5M and they choose to pay a fine instead of meeting the salary floor. They have had enough roster turnover under Hinkie to field 5 full rosters, over 70 players. They willingly choose to trade down and draft lesser prospects and stash players instead of players who will help them be better today.

There's a reason Colangelo is there now, there's no need to pretend what they're doing isn't pathetic and blatant. You can be a rebuilding team without tanking at this ridiculous level. Every other team does it. Minnesota has an awesome young core through rebuilding, Orlando, the Lakers, etc. The 76ers have been horrible for years and all they have to show for it is 3 centers and a foreign PF, two of them having played zero NBA games thus far.

Scoots
03-13-2016, 02:15 PM
Yes, they were clearly trying. They were ready to offer Melo the max before HE dropped them as a possible destination, because their roster sucked. They lost Pau because HE left after feeling disrespected being in trade rumors for years and, again, because their roster sucked. You never resign Kobe with the intention of losing, what kind of thinking is that?

Yeah, the Suns and Wolves aren't tanking either. The Suns tried to be good and wrecked themselves with chemistry issues stemming from poor management. The Wolves are a young rebuilding team, they're still trying to get better each year and have been. They have big contracts in Rubio and Pek, who they resigned. They added Kevin Martin, who they signed.

Again, having cap space isn't some license to get whatever you want. Players have to want to go there and that only happens when you show them you're good. If it were that easy, DeAndre Jordan would be on the Knicks right now instead of Robin Lopez and Arron Afflalo. Guess what, Phil didn't want to settle for those players either and the Knicks are bad. Does that mean they tanked, in your odd view? Did the Knicks not want to win this year?

As far as anything about Nick Young, this is the team that willingly chose Mike D' Antoni over Phil Jackson. Sometimes, teams are just dumb. Doesn't mean they're tanking. When these teams start trading their young players for future picks just because they don't look like potential superstars and are fielding a dleague roster, let me know.
I will go on knowing the Lakers are tanking this season. You can go on thinking they are not. That's what the Lakers want.

Out of curiosity, if the Lakers went on a winning streak and moved out of the bottom 3 records would you be happy?

FOXHOUND
03-13-2016, 09:42 PM
I will go on knowing the Lakers are tanking this season. You can go on thinking they are not. That's what the Lakers want.

Out of curiosity, if the Lakers went on a winning streak and moved out of the bottom 3 records would you be happy?

I'm a Knicks fan :shrug:

I don't see how you can think that they would know that Kobe would come back this bad or that every top FA would reject them in some sort of master plan of tanking deception.

Again, do you think the Knicks are tanking this year because Jordan told them no and they had to settle on Lopez and Afflalo?

Scoots
03-13-2016, 11:07 PM
The Knicks have no reason to tank so no they are not tanking, they are just not good.

The Lakers have a MAJOR reason to lose, they've known it was coming, and they performed as expected. Kobe's efficiency was never going to get better over the last 2 years, anybody who expected him to improve on this contract was deluding themselves. Please understand I'm not critical of the Lakers for deciding to tank, it's a good decision, the fact that they managed it AND made a lot of money doing it is to be applauded. That they did it without alienating fans and actually setting themselves up to be a lot better very quickly is to be commended. But they are REALLY wanting to finish with a top 3 pick and that is why they are tanking.

HoodedSB
03-14-2016, 12:36 AM
Thinking Kobe was going to be good and signing Hibbert= Trying to win? Why not make adjustments during the season? Why be a complete and utter crap team and use one of the best players ever as a meal ticket all while allowing him to shoot it 40 times a game and turn his final season into a circus just to sidestep the tanking notion? Tanking is tanking and the lakers were blatantly obvious about their tanking this season so much so that they used it as a goodbye tour... Fact the lakers have a better record then the sixers but the sixers have been much more competitive this year and by a good bit.
Hey, somebody has to generate that revenue for the bottom feeders like the 76ers organization to collect as they tank away half a decade with no end in sight.

mrblisterdundee
03-14-2016, 01:23 AM
This is unfortunate, but it will create an interesting dynamic if Okafor and Embiid come back at the same time. Then I guess you have them and Noel compete for playing time, and eventual trade one or two of them for other needs, once their trade value is hopefully higher.

More-Than-Most
03-14-2016, 05:57 AM
Hey, somebody has to generate that revenue for the bottom feeders like the 76ers organization to collect as they tank away half a decade with no end in sight.

Its called location location location... Knicks who were horrid last season and this season generate the most revenue.... New York and LA win because of their locations and I think your math is a tad off... Half a decade is 5 years... sixers only been tanking for 3 while the lakers have now been at it for 2.

What is worse? Tanking and still forcing fans to pay a billion dollars for seating and food or tanking and basically giving tickets for next to nothing? :shrug:

I have supported the lakers the last 2 seasons and honestly agree with them tanking because of what lebron and others have done to basketball in terms of super teams but again they are tanking and again while tanking their ticket prices are ludicrous which is just horse ****.

2-ONE-5
03-14-2016, 08:44 AM

lol you do realize the Sixers contribute and not collect right? nice try. when did 3 years turn into half a decade too?

DboneG
03-14-2016, 08:46 AM
The 76ers really need to look at their training staff. Do they have a bunch of young people out of college finding their way? Who knows...but, that's why Jerry West is in such great demand. This guy understand the importance of a top notch training staff. How many injuries(major) has Golden State had in the last couple of years?

I would maybe trade this lunk-head Okafor...I look at his demeanour on the court, his approach to the game, his work ethic.It's not good. DeMarcus Cousins 2.0

MonroeFAN
03-14-2016, 08:52 AM
6er fans are going to be mad at this comment, and I'm sorry.

But you guys look a lot better without Oka. I think it's safe to suggest that the last 2 drafts have been bad news.

More-Than-Most
03-14-2016, 09:47 AM

But you guys look a lot better without Oka. I think it's safe to suggest that the last 2 drafts have been bad news.

Why would we be mad? Its true... That being said there needs to be understanding of the situation... I would trade OKA because my guy has always been Embiid... its why I wanted Russ... That being said OKA has rediculous talent but he needs talent around him for us to finally see what he can do and a team around him that fits his style... The entire team is bad... We lack a ton of talent but that will be fixed in trades/free agency and the draft with us having Saric/Embiid next year and 3 or 4 first round picks... I would love a Derozan here and dont understand why people hate him but whatever

2-ONE-5
03-14-2016, 10:08 AM
The 76ers really need to look at their training staff. Do they have a bunch of young people out of college finding their way? Who knows...but, that's why Jerry West is in such great demand. This guy understand the importance of a top notch training staff. How many injuries(major) has Golden State had in the last couple of years?

I would maybe trade this lunk-head Okafor...I look at his demeanour on the court, his approach to the game, his work ethic.It's not good. DeMarcus Cousins 2.0

what are you talking about? Embiid and Noel were hurt prior to being drafted. Okafors injury isnt serious.

2-ONE-5
03-14-2016, 10:09 AM

the team has been equally as bad since hes been out.. Still cant stop anyone even without him and beating the Nets doesnt really count for much.

DboneG
03-14-2016, 03:17 PM
what are you talking about? Embiid and Noel were hurt prior to being drafted. Okafors injury isnt serious.

You mean to tell me the 6ers drafted players that were hurt prior to being drafted?! lol All the more reason why they need a person like Jerry West in their front office big time! I would give "The Logo" 3-4% of the team to come over.

"Okafors injury isn't serious." WHAT?! He's going to miss 20 games?! What if they were the hunt for a playoff spot? Any injury that take you out for the rest of the year is serious.

kobe4thewinbang
03-14-2016, 03:25 PM
I feel bad for Okafor. Could you imagine being on a team that bad?
I hope they turn it around next season and try starting to win.
Whereas the Lakers have 3 potential stars and only Randle has suffered an injury.
Now, their record is the worst in the west but I think they're actually trying to improve.

Alayla
03-14-2016, 03:26 PM
You mean to tell me the 6ers drafted players that were hurt prior to being drafted?! lol All the more reason why they need a person like Jerry West in their front office big time! I would give "The Logo" 3-4% of the team to come over.

"Okafors injury isn't serious." WHAT?! He's going to miss 20 games?! What if they were the hunt for a playoff spot? Any injury that take you out for the rest of the year is serious.

6-8 week recovery injuries are not considered serious by any stretch.

2-ONE-5
03-14-2016, 04:00 PM

um Noel hasnt had any ACL issues or real injury concerns since hes been here and Embiid's setback was mostly due to him still growing preventing his foot from healing correctly. So yea i guess our med staff sucks.

HoodedSB
03-15-2016, 01:45 AM
Its called location location location... Knicks who were horrid last season and this season generate the most revenue.... New York and LA win because of their locations and I think your math is a tad off... Half a decade is 5 years... sixers only been tanking for 3 while the lakers have now been at it for 2.

What is worse? Tanking and still forcing fans to pay a billion dollars for seating and food or tanking and basically giving tickets for next to nothing? :shrug:

I have supported the lakers the last 2 seasons and honestly agree with them tanking because of what lebron and others have done to basketball in terms of super teams but again they are tanking and again while tanking their ticket prices are ludicrous which is just horse ****.

I'm just giving you ****. Anyway for what it's worth I absolutely hate the tank and hope we lose our pick out of spite.

Aust
03-15-2016, 02:50 AM
Why would we be mad? Its true... That being said there needs to be understanding of the situation... I would trade OKA because my guy has always been Embiid... its why I wanted Russ... That being said OKA has rediculous talent but he needs talent around him for us to finally see what he can do and a team around him that fits his style... The entire team is bad... We lack a ton of talent but that will be fixed in trades/free agency and the draft with us having Saric/Embiid next year and 3 or 4 first round picks... I would love a Derozan here and dont understand why people hate him but whatever

Noel for the 3rd pick? :)

Mave1002
03-15-2016, 08:53 AM

I can only hope. Ben Simmons to the Lakeshow!!!

Mave1002
03-15-2016, 08:55 AM
76ers on a 5 game winning streak.... and the first pick goes to...... THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS.

2-ONE-5
03-15-2016, 09:52 AM
you guys can have him. ill gladly take Ingram 2nd and have your pick next year in the top 4-8

Alayla
03-15-2016, 10:33 AM
Ingram would be an excellent consolation if that was to happen better fit anyway.
Im taking simmons if hes there but im not going to be upset with Ingram at all.

More-Than-Most
03-15-2016, 11:59 AM
I have been on the Ingram over simmons train for a while... Simmons scares me... More potential but seems like the more risk at being a major bust with a poor mentality.

More-Than-Most
03-15-2016, 12:05 PM
Noel for the 3rd pick? :)

Id do that for 2 reasons... One because it would help the sixers a ton and fix a ton of issues and 2 Russ/Noel/Nance/Clarkson would be fun to watch. This league values Offense more than defense which is moronic so I am sure OKA has this kind of value and Noel would fetch a 10-20 pick in all honestly... I think OKA has more potential than Noel but I think Noel has the less of the risk and will always always be dominant on the defensive side.

Hawkeye15
03-15-2016, 12:22 PM
Id do that for 2 reasons... One because it would help the sixers a ton and fix a ton of issues and 2 Russ/Noel/Nance/Clarkson would be fun to watch. This league values Offense more than defense which is moronic so I am sure OKA has this kind of value and Noel would fetch a 10-20 pick in all honestly... I think OKA has more potential than Noel but I think Noel has the less of the risk and will always always be dominant on the defensive side.

plus you buy a couple years extra on a rookie deal

NFLNBA
03-15-2016, 02:25 PM
Im all about Ingram over Simmons as well. I watched LSU lose 38 to 77 or something like that and im sorry but the next "Lebron James" doesnt let his team lose that bad! He has ZERO shooting ability and you can see he hates defense....on the other side.....Ingram you can tell feeds off his defense, has good range and can shoot.

If your team wants a point forward then go Simmons....i believe he will be a slightly more athletic Lamar Odom which is not bad at all. Odom ended up with a decent shot later on.

If your team wants a lockdown perimeter defender who can hit the open shots who already has their dominate ball handler then Ingram. Ingram has that Durrant body. I see him being a mix of Jimmy Butler/Durrant. He will be better defender than Durrant like Butler but wont be as good as a shooter as Durrant more like Butler, so i guess just a Jimmy Butler player in a Durrant skinny lengthy body.