PDA

View Full Version : Joel Embiid Workout video

More-Than-Most
03-11-2016, 02:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlPJ3NAif8Q

He looks insane... 100k plus views and all that is being talked about... His shot is amazing. Here is a paragraph from the article on what he did.

Their 2014 draft pick is finally playing basketball again. And doing it brilliantly. This is the Philly fans' Bigfoot protruding from the woods.

Five makes in the paint standing on one foot, the same one that required surgery eight months ago. Then jumpers on both feet by the free-throw line; he makes 20 of 22. Then hook shots on the block with hard counters, left to right and then right to left. Then free throws and midrange jumpers. Then 3-pointers, where he effortlessly drains about 70 percent of his tries.

All of this is documented on Derek Bodner's nine-minute v

Sadds The Gr8
03-11-2016, 04:44 AM
lol

ewing
03-11-2016, 07:11 AM
well if he can stand on one foot.

DboneG
03-11-2016, 09:11 AM
He looks good. I would guess the 6ers will put him out on the floor this year, maybe the last 5-10 games of the season. To get him acclimated to being on the floor. Put him out there a few minutes. And It's gang-busters for the next season.

2-ONE-5
03-11-2016, 09:59 AM
there is zero chance he touches the floor this year or in summer league. wont see him until pre-season at best.

More-Than-Most
03-11-2016, 10:06 AM
there is zero chance he touches the floor this year or in summer league. wont see him until pre-season at best.

agreed... Id be soooo pissed if they put him on the floor before the preseason

More-Than-Most
03-11-2016, 10:07 AM
That skill set you see right there is why i always stated its moronic to trade him let alone trade him for a ****ing 2nd like people suggested... I wouldnt trade him for a top 10 pick in all honesty... you trade either noel or Oka and you sink or swim with this guy because he has limitless potential.

HeartOfStarks
03-11-2016, 10:18 AM
That skill set you see right there is why i always stated its moronic to trade him let alone trade him for a ****ing 2nd like people suggested... I wouldnt trade him for a top 10 pick in all honesty... you trade either noel or Oka and you sink or swim with this guy because he has limitless potential.

I understand the skill set/talent perspective, but I'm legit at the point where I'm wondering if Embiid is ever going to play even half a season. If you could get a good young guard for him to go along with Saric-Noel-Okafor plus all the picks you guys have you wouldn't want to do that?

Again I get that if healthy he's the best prospect Philly has, that just feels like such a huge IF to me at this point.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-11-2016, 10:27 AM

I wouldn't trade them yet. Id wait and see how all 3 of them play together for a full season. Make sure they're healthy and play a full season. Not trade one of them then Embiid misses a couple games. Also see how Saric fits in as well. 96 minutes between pf/c position. Then the capspace finish off the backcourt and 76ers aren't to far from playoff talks.

mudvayne387
03-11-2016, 10:56 AM
I was fully expecting to see an underwhelming video of a shoot around but wow, you are right, he does look amazing.

I mean for the third overall pick in the draft to be hitting wide open shots while standing on one foot when he's three feet away from the hoop ? Color me impressed. And then the way he hits shots from the foul line ? Holy ****, Drummond can't even do that ! But I think the most impressive part of the whole video is the way he doesn't get down on himself after missing an uncontested layup not once but twice !!! Shows how much more mature he has become.

And all this after not playing basketball for the past two years ? Unreal Potential.

ManRam
03-11-2016, 11:12 AM
the narratives flying around the 76ers cause everyone to talk silly when it comes to him. but talent never was or will be the question. if he can consistently stay healthy he'll succeed. nice to see this, but it shouldn't be a shock. dude has it all. the 76ers have no insentive not to be patient with him...and the "trade him!" people were always being idiots.

hoping the best for him.

Hawkeye15
03-11-2016, 11:37 AM
Until this guy plays, who really cares. I hope the best for him, but usually guys that big with lower body issues early, don't end up well....

ewing
03-11-2016, 11:46 AM
I haven't been that impressed since yi jianlian schooled that chair

Hawkeye15
03-11-2016, 11:47 AM

you obviously didn't watch Darko's workouts

ewing
03-11-2016, 11:59 AM
you obviously didn't watch Darko's workouts

i think Darko came first. Regardless, Yi took that chair to the woodshed

tredigs
03-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Just keep putting these out once a year Embiid. He's already locked up close to 15 million from the Sixers. Will be over 20 mil this time next year. Then, will they take a chance on him again?? I honestly want to see if this guy can make 50 million "playing" in the NBA without ever stepping on the court.

kingkenny01
03-11-2016, 12:07 PM
He was decent from 3 in the video but let see if he is actually healthy ever

KnicksorBust
03-11-2016, 12:34 PM

:laugh: Love the comparison. That being said feel free to make fun of me because I actually thought he looked great. haha

KnicksorBust
03-11-2016, 12:37 PM
He was decent from 3 in the video but let see if he is actually healthy ever

I think that is what the video is showing us. He has strength in his legs and can shoot again. Anyone who watched him at Kansas knows when he is healthy he can go. His potential is incredible. This is just showing he can get out on the court and make some shots. This is not Yi or Darko. We know the skills are there. The video just shows he is progressing in his rehab. I thought he looked great.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Oh don't remind me about the Yi pick.

FOXHOUND
03-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Seems like he may be ready to play next year, in a contract year or sorts because then they have to pick up the club option after lol. Have to throw him in with two other C's who suck together and another PF coming from overseas having to adjust to the game here. Yikes.

Scoots
03-11-2016, 04:39 PM

It's all pure speculation because we don't know what the Sixers and the doctors do ... what is his real prognosis. If they traded him for a 2nd we'd be assured that prognosis was not good.

We have to assume at the moment that his prognosis is not all bad, but we still don't really know if he'll ever be truly out of the woods.

ewing
03-11-2016, 04:46 PM
It's all pure speculation because we don't know what the Sixers and the doctors do ... what is his real prognosis. If they traded him for a 2nd we'd be assured that prognosis was not good.

We have to assume at the moment that his prognosis is not all bad, but we still don't really know if he'll ever be truly out of the woods.

didn't you see him stand on one leg?

jerellh528
03-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Speaking of injured sixer bigs, I heard okafor tore his meniscus and is out for the season

GoferKing_
03-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Cool, maybe he will play one day.

Scoots
03-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Speaking of injured sixer bigs, I heard okafor tore his meniscus and is out for the season
Maybe not for the season.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Looks like a flamingo in the start of the video.

Teeboy1487
03-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Out of the 3, I would trade Okafor. Embiid has the most potential. That guy can be the best center in the league one day if he can stay healthy.