PDA

View Full Version : Kings suspend DeMarcus Cousins for detrimental conduct

spreadeagle
03-10-2016, 05:20 PM
The Sacramento Kings have suspended All-Star big man DeMarcus Cousins one game for conduct detrimental to the team.

Video of Cousins yelling at Karl - https://twitter.com/JrRap77/status/707798680443731969

Twins Fanatic
03-10-2016, 05:29 PM
It says a lot when Rajon Rando is the guy to step in between Cousins and Karl.

Sly Guy
03-10-2016, 05:40 PM
cousins needs out of there. If he's ever to shake the troublemaker rep he's got, he needs a fresh start in a new organization.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-10-2016, 05:44 PM
I expect a million replies of lopsided Cousin's trade proposals after I post this.

ewing
03-10-2016, 05:44 PM
cousins needs out of there. If he's ever to shake the troublemaker rep he's got, he needs a fresh start in a new organization.

or he could stop being such a meat head and win some games

Vampirate
03-10-2016, 05:47 PM
I expect a million replies of lopsided Cousin's trade proposals after I post this.

My cousins in exchange for the Kings Cousins (going to the Raptors), hey, i'm sure my cousins would cheer loudly.

5ass
03-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Not the first time this season.

Vampirate
03-10-2016, 05:56 PM
The Kings pretty much define a losing organization the past few years.

Aust
03-10-2016, 06:14 PM
If our FO guts our team for him I will be livid.

Lakers + Giants
03-10-2016, 07:21 PM

Kings wanted Russell, Randle, and Clarkson. A lot of people here were saying the lakers should definitely do it, I didnt want cousins at that price. Some were saying we were overvaluing our young players, it's kind of hard to give up your core when the last time we made a big trade it ended up biting us in the *** (Dwight & Nash). At this point I'd give up Randle and Clarkson for DMC at most. Then hope like hell DLo and DMC would be enough to attract FAs.

Doubt the kings even do that tho so mute point.

JLynn943
03-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Kings wanted Russell, Randle, and Clarkson. A lot of people here were saying the lakers should definitely do it, I didnt want cousins at that price. Some were saying we were overvaluing our young players, it's kind of hard to give up your core when the last time we made a big trade it ended up biting us in the *** (Dwight & Nash). At this point I'd give up Randle and Clarkson for DMC at most. Then hope like hell DLo and DMC would be enough to attract FAs.

Nah, I doubt we'd do that. He's tough because he's an incredible talent but really needs to handle his emotions better. Still, you don't sell low on someone like that when you're a team like the Kings. We're not drawing big free agents. If you trade him, you make sure you get a very good player and a high pick at least.

KnicksorBust
03-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Boston is the best place for him. I wonder if at this point the Kings FO is so invested they won't ever trade him or this just took them one step closer.

jerellh528
03-10-2016, 08:25 PM
It was only a matter of time

cheetos185
03-10-2016, 08:27 PM
Sasha vujavic for Cousin it's tough but phil might be willing to give up this championship caliber player for the problem child.

CHANGO
03-10-2016, 08:54 PM
It's hard to criticize a player when the front office is doing everything wrong. I mean, they fire Malone, then hire Karl, then want to fire Karl, then fire his assistant coach, then... etc... etc... etc... Cousins was doing alright this season with his "immaturity" thing, so IDK.

BTW I couldn't watch the video so' don't know how was the situation. Just commenting in general.

numba1CHANGsta
03-10-2016, 08:54 PM
One thing is for certain, Cousins will be traded either on draft night or beginning of free agency. If its on draft night I can see him going to either LAL or BOS, maybe NYK but they don't have much to offer

Teeboy1487
03-10-2016, 09:43 PM

Cousins is too much of a headache to give up any of our young players for. The Lakers were burned big time relying on the "now". I say keep our young core in tact and build through getting young players. Wait for Cousins to become a free agent in 2018. We are not going to compete for a title the next two years anyway. No sense in trading our young assets.

Corey
03-10-2016, 11:49 PM
or he could stop being such a meat head and win some games

Meat head?

Maybe they should surround him with talent and a coach that actually know how to be successful.

Cousins, on the court, is an animal. He brings it every night. Every single night. He has a ton of respect among players around the league. Sacramento is toxic from the top down.

Dade County
03-10-2016, 11:59 PM
Trade him to the Knicks or the 6ers.

JAZZNC
03-11-2016, 12:05 AM
Evidently you don't notice him walking up the court every other possession. He doesn't have a winning attitude or work ethic.

And I just can't stand that "who farted" look he constantly has on his face.

Sadds The Gr8
03-11-2016, 04:54 AM
Trade him already FFS

Sadds The Gr8
03-11-2016, 04:55 AM
Meat head?

Maybe they should surround him with talent and a coach that actually know how to be successful.

Cousins, on the court, is an animal. He brings it every night. Every single night. He has a ton of respect among players around the league. Sacramento is toxic from the top down.

He's also a terrible teammate tho. I don't know why he keeps getting away with it...

ewing
03-11-2016, 09:18 AM
Meat head?

He is a total meathead :shrug:

2-ONE-5
03-11-2016, 09:58 AM
i love the trade we made with the Kings more and everyday.

FOXHOUND
03-11-2016, 01:04 PM
He makes me feel better that the Knicks don't have assets to trade right now, but it still doesn't feel good :sigh:

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Love and Cousins are similar cases to me. Both put up great numbers on bad teams. Love was had just for a number one pick in Wiggins. Cousins might be worth Simmons and one more decent young player. Any more and the team is getting fleeced.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Trade him to the Knicks or the 6ers. 76ers already have triple towers on the cheap rookies prices. Also Knicks don't have much beyond KP and Melo. Well Lopez. But Lopez wont fetch Cousins. If any team trades for Cousins it be a over pay coming from Lakers.

5ass
03-12-2016, 03:57 AM
Even WCS is *****ing about his minutes to the media. He really didn't seem happy in his post game interview a couple of days ago.

IBleedPurple
03-12-2016, 04:16 AM

Doubt the kings even do that tho so moot point.Fixed. No silent points needed

Dade County
03-12-2016, 11:20 AM
76ers already have triple towers on the cheap rookies prices. Also Knicks don't have much beyond KP and Melo. Well Lopez. But Lopez wont fetch Cousins. If any team trades for Cousins it be a over pay coming from Lakers.

I just wanted him to go to a team that he would never have any kind of real success with LoL

mike_noodles
03-12-2016, 11:47 AM
I would still take him.

aman_13
03-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Meat head?

The fact that he's the only one getting into trouble should tell you something. This guy has some serious issues. Talented as **** but can't get out of his own way.

aman_13
03-12-2016, 12:09 PM
I don't think any team should trade for him, just wait until he hits FA.

Sly Guy
03-12-2016, 01:10 PM
I don't think any team should trade for him, just wait until he hits FA.

3 years away tho? You're losing out on some of potentially his best years then.

aman_13
03-12-2016, 02:15 PM
3 years away tho? You're losing out on some of potentially his best years then.

I thought it was 2 yrs, yeah that's long but there is just so much risk with him. It would be really difficult to give up quality assets for Cousins.

FOXHOUND
03-12-2016, 02:22 PM
That team is way too talented to be struggling to win 30 games, which at this rate they will be trying to accomplish in April when there's only 7 games. His numbers are meaningless, I never want to see him in a Knick uniform.

Sly Guy
03-12-2016, 04:46 PM
I thought it was 2 yrs, yeah that's long but there is just so much risk with him. It would be really difficult to give up quality assets for Cousins.

free agent in 2019.....I counted this season still, so yeah, that long.

Thing is, his talent is undeniable. He's one of the most dominant (2-3) bigs in the game right now. The NBA is full of stories like ZBo, guys who've been written off due to attitude who find their way in a new setting (one having more success than Sacramento, to be specific). I can't write off cousins for that yet, he's just too talented.

CHANGO
03-12-2016, 05:48 PM
Is not like the Kings have an incredible locker room and excellent front office. Dude have talent, I'm 90% sure you put him in a great locker room full of veterans and all that "immature" talk will go away.

5ass
03-12-2016, 06:07 PM

Thing is, his talent is undeniable. He's one of the most dominant (2-3) bigs in the game right now. The NBA is full of stories like ZBo, guys who've been written off due to attitude who find their way in a new setting (one having more success than Sacramento, to be specific). I can't write off cousins for that yet, he's just too talented.

Yes but his value has been and is dropping. Zbo eventually got traded to the grizzlies for Quentin Richardson. Was after punching someone in the face and getting suspended, but my point is when you have a bad reputation, it drops their trade value significantly. I'm not writing him off either, but he's a risk. I think GMs will not give up their best assets for him.

Scoots
03-12-2016, 06:35 PM
I think we can all come to the conclusion that despite his incredible amount of talent that Cousins is never going to be a really good. He's a career 46% shooter, 46.7% from 2 ... in his 6 years in the NBA his game hasn't grown at all. He takes the same shots, same defense, same passing, same rebounding, with what ... 5 different coaches? He's not going to change, he's not going to get better. He's going to be the best player on a losing team forever.

I WISH he could go to a really quality veteran team to see what could be done with his incredible talent. If he went to this Spurs team could Pop and Duncan get him to change? I don't really know.

aman_13
03-12-2016, 06:49 PM

I think he can turn it around but he won't win until he matures.

Lowry went through the same thing and now regrets how he handled his situation with the Rockets and Kevin McHale. Like Lowry, Cousins needs someone to give him a reality check.

Scoots
03-12-2016, 08:52 PM
I think he can turn it around but he won't win until he matures.

Lowry went through the same thing and now regrets how he handled his situation with the Rockets and Kevin McHale. Like Lowry, Cousins needs someone to give him a reality check.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

I'm not sure Cousins can change. I really hope he can, but I don't think it's the way to bet.

ewing
03-13-2016, 01:21 AM
I'm not sure Cousins can change. I really hope he can, but I don't think it's the way to bet.

he is going to be a bone head but he cant accept i different role. if this guy focused on dominating the offensive boards.getting early position and got his occasionally elsewhere he'd be a monster. the fact that he has so much abillty in other areas has actually become a huge problem for him. You know who also has a great handle for a true big? Tim Duncan. You see it about 10 times a year, maybe. you don't have to play with all your toys especially when other guys can do some of them better and you have things you aren't just elite as for a big guy but truly elite at.

Scoots
03-13-2016, 02:05 AM
he is going to be a bone head but he cant accept i different role. if this guy focused on dominating the offensive boards.getting early position and got his occasionally elsewhere he'd be a monster. the fact that he has so much abillty in other areas has actually become a huge problem for him. You know who also has a great handle for a true big? Tim Duncan. You see it about 10 times a year, maybe. you don't have to play with all your toys especially when other guys can do some of them better and you have things you aren't just elite as for a big guy but truly elite at.

That's a good observation. I've seen a bunch of games where he gets 25 of his 30 points after the game is out of control too. He's so talented, but at some point the losing has to land at his feet too, not just ownership, the coach, the teammates, the refs, and the NBA.

Chronz
03-13-2016, 02:43 PM
I really dont know how anyone can still defend this A-Hole. Hope to never hear a fan compare his *******ness to CP3's ever again, dude is truly on a lower level as a franchise cornerstone.

valade16
03-13-2016, 10:06 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/3/13/11217572/demarcus-cousins-blames-george-karl-for-his-one-game-suspension

I don't know if the organization is enabling him or what, but if Cousins thinks it was the coach who suspended him and not the organization, they need to sit him down and set the record straight.

Cousins is a cancer. People talk about the terrible Kings franchise but the ONLY constant in their losing has been Cousins. If he's the only common denominator, that speaks volumes.

valade16
03-13-2016, 10:07 PM
Duplicate post

Chronz
03-14-2016, 02:07 AM
Yeah at some point we gotta stop making excuses for cousins due to his toxic environment and start realizing he's contributing to it

Sadds The Gr8
03-14-2016, 04:23 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/3/13/11217572/demarcus-cousins-blames-george-karl-for-his-one-game-suspension

I don't know if the organization is enabling him or what, but if Cousins thinks it was the coach who suspended him and not the organization, they need to sit him down and set the record straight.

Cousins is a cancer. People talk about the terrible Kings franchise but the ONLY constant in their losing has been Cousins. If he's the only common denominator, that speaks volumes.

Yeah at some point we gotta stop making excuses for cousins due to his toxic environment and start realizing he's contributing to it
amazes me that people ONLY blame the organization. He's almost as bad...

Vampirate
03-14-2016, 12:20 PM
The Kings are loaded with pieces noone wants except Cousins.

Rondo? Butted heads with Rick Carlisle in Dallas, the Kings were the only team desperate to take him.

Gay, what team has Rudy ever been on that has amounted to anything, it's only after he's been traded that the teams start to win.

Cousins is a problem in Sacramento no doubt, but he doesn't contribute to losing as much as his management does.

A good organization can turn problem players into real assets. An example is Lamar Odem with coach Phil Jackson, Zach Randolph with Memphis, Lowry with Toronto etc.

warfelg
03-14-2016, 12:42 PM

I said that a while ago (not here so I know there's no proof). But when you've been through that many owners, gms, coaches, teammates by now, then the realization should be that the issue is with the player and not the team.

Tony_Starks
03-14-2016, 01:27 PM
For Cousins to make that bold undermining statement one would surmise he feels he has managements backing.

Management who, instead of reprimanding him for such comments or distancing themselves from it, responded "I love Demarcus Cousins"

phantasyyy
03-14-2016, 02:02 PM
His situation really does go both ways and if he isn't directly contributing to the problems he at least isn't doing all he can to help it. I mean I can't think of any other "star" who has gone through as toxic of a situation as himself. He was drafted under the Maloof Era which was sold about half way through his tenor, pretty much had a different coach every year, and now if you look up and down the roster there really is no continuity on that end as well as his longest tenured teammate Mclemore/Gay who was drafted/traded in 2013. I mean the team went all out mortgaging their some of their future with that 76er's trade for Rajon Rondo and Belinelli and that has clearly backfired for them.

"The protected 1st round pick the Sixers will acquire from the Kings cannot be conveyed until 2018 at the earliest, as the Kings currently owe Chicago a 1st round pick. The pick Sacramento owes to Chicago is top-10 protected in 2016. If the pick is not conveyed in 2016 then it becomes top-10 protected again in 2017. If the pick is still not conveyed in 2017 then the pick turns into Sacramento’s 2017 2nd round pick.

According to Zach Lowe, the 1st round pick the Sixers receive is top-10 protected in 2018. If the pick isn’t conveyed in 2018 it then becomes top-10 protected in 2019. If the pick is still not conveyed at the 2019 draft, the pick then becomes unprotected in 2020."

I mean just reading that you get confused about the direction of the franchise as they wanted to make the playoffs, yet if they did they would have to give up that first rounder to the Bulls... and since they went all-in for a playoff spot this year, the pick they're going to get isn't going to be high enough to truly draft a franchise-changing talent.

I mean by all means I'm not pinning this all on the organization but some of you guys I think are going overboard with the Cousins criticism, sure he has his faults but dudes a straight monster.. that has shown incremental in many major categories each and every year despite what the FO is doing. Sure he has his temperamental issues, his to's are high, and he only shoots 45% from the field as a big - but I think those are things that can fixed under the right tutelage of a competent coaching/management perspective. Making him play closer to the rim will increase his fg% with the elimination of so many jumpers he takes and lowering his absurd usg% should also decrease his to's as well. Karl's high-tempo system I think just isn't maximizing his skillset.

5ass
03-14-2016, 02:44 PM
I said that a while ago (not here so I know there's no proof). But when you've been through that many owners, gms, coaches, teammates by now, then the realization should be that the issue is with the player and not the team.

Yea let's not blame everything on Cousins. He's not the reason they changed owners or GMs. Owners were being driven away by the fan base IMO. They had to change GMs because they've had some terrible ones. I mean look at their draft history. McLemore, Robinson, Stauskus, ect. Not really Cousins' fault they drafted poorly.

ewing
03-14-2016, 02:57 PM
I blame the billionaires in box seats for everything this guy does. They are using some kind of mind control

JLynn943
03-14-2016, 03:13 PM
Firing Mike Malone was the worst decision the Kings organization made since getting rid of Adelman.

He and Cousins were very much on the same page. It's not impossible to coach Cousins, but not everyone can do it. He could. It's a crying shame that ownership or the front office (no one wants to admit to it) felt that firing Malone while Cousins had meningitis after a great start was the right thing to do.

ewing
03-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Firing Mike Malone was the worst decision the Kings organization made since getting rid of Adelman.

He and Cousins were very much on the same page. It's not impossible to coach Cousins, but not everyone can do it. He could. It's a crying shame that ownership or the front office (no one wants to admit to it) felt that firing Malone while Cousins had meningitis after a great start was the right thing to do.

It was a weird that they let him start the season and canned him after a respectable start. that said, they did only win 28 games the year before with Cousin, Gay, and Isiah Thomas.

DboneG
03-14-2016, 05:39 PM
My guest is that George Karl will be let go over the summer/end of the season. Once again the Kings will hire another coach. This time go after an elite NBA coach...(if one even wants to go there). If DeMarcus Cousins clash with the new hired coach, or the Kings get off to a ugly start, Cousins will be traded by the Feb. deadline.

George Karl should sit down somewhere any way! He's old, you can see he's not feeling well.
WHY IS HE STILL COACHING?!

Maybe Karl know something we don't...he's not coming back. So, he's doing some pay back on DeMarcus...suspend him! Hurt his pockets a bit.

Chronz
03-14-2016, 06:26 PM
Yea let's not blame everything on Cousins. He's not the reason they changed owners or GMs. Owners were being driven away by the fan base IMO. They had to change GMs because they've had some terrible ones. I mean look at their draft history. McLemore, Robinson, Stauskus, ect. Not really Cousins' fault they drafted poorly.

Who's blaming everything on him? Plenty of superstars, let alone all stars like cousins, have put up with worse without becoming part of the problem. How many years of slack does this head case deserve?

phantasyyy
03-14-2016, 06:38 PM
I'd like to see Thibs get the job with the Kings haha see how DMC responds to having a coach that will keep him accountable on both ends of the floor. Then again there is no way a coach of his abilities will just agree to join ******** in Sacramento lmao.

Then again they could back up the brinks truck for him.. pretty sure he would be enticed then