PDA

View Full Version : Bosh expects to return this season

Big Zo
03-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Per Barry Jackson: https://mobile.twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/707964253874098176

KnicksorBust
03-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Good. I'm not a Bosh fan but he seems like a good guy off the court and he'll make the Heat that much more competitive in a wide open East. Outside of the Cavs, they have as good a shot to win the East as anyone.

WaDe03
03-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Best team in the East if Bosh and TJ come back.

kdspurman
03-10-2016, 02:32 PM
They've been in a nice groove without him, and to have him come back now, who knows. Hopefully it doesn't disrupt their rhythm, but these kinds of big time roster changes/adjustments can sometimes hurt a team, even if it's a player like bosh.

Glad it's not a blood clot though, more importantly

MiamiBoy77
03-10-2016, 02:52 PM
They've been in a nice groove without him, and to have him come back now, who knows. Hopefully it doesn't disrupt their rhythm, but these kinds of big time roster changes/adjustments can sometimes hurt a team, even if it's a player like bosh.

They won 5 in a row, vs NY, Chicago (no Butler), Pheonix, and Philly twice.

It's not like Bosh is a player we are picking up, he's been there all year and is arguably the leader of the team.

dalton749
03-10-2016, 03:11 PM
This will make the east playoffs so much more awesome.

kdspurman
03-10-2016, 03:23 PM
They won 5 in a row, vs NY, Chicago (no Butler), Pheonix, and Philly twice.

It's not like Bosh is a player we are picking up, he's been there all year and is arguably the leader of the team.

But the offense was a little stagnant if I remember correctly. It seems they're flowing a bit better offensively than they were previously. Regardless of who they're beating, they're playing in rhythm with good tempo. Seems like I remember them having a couple quality wins prior to that anyway

Scoots
03-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Go Heat!

phantasyyy
03-10-2016, 04:06 PM

To his credit though, Bosh is pretty self-less I think the adjustment will go pretty smooth. He's shown that he can take a backseat if the team is productive. If he indeed returns though I really want to see a Cavs-Heat matchup - would make for a great-competitive series with all story lines involved and with the Winslow addition along with Deng I think they could do a decent job of slowing Bron down.

kdspurman
03-10-2016, 04:13 PM
To his credit though, Bosh is pretty self-less I think the adjustment will go pretty smooth. He's shown that he can take a backseat if the team is productive. If he indeed returns though I really want to see a Cavs-Heat matchup - would make for a great-competitive series with all story lines involved and with the Winslow addition along with Deng I think they could do a decent job of slowing Bron down.

Yea that's true.. Seeding is so close from 3-9 in the L column, so you def don't want to lose any momentum. I think that's where I was coming from with my statement. I think he can fit in and adapt of course. Just dont want it to come at the expense of possibly losing HCA.

phantasyyy
03-10-2016, 04:30 PM
With whiteside's move to the bench as well i think he can easily slot into Stoudemire's role and provide a lot more on both sides of the floor than STAT. Should be an exciting end to see how the matchups shake out but as it currently stands they have a potential 2nd round meeting with the Cavs in that 4th/5th seed.

I didnt notice how less of a lead Boston has in terms of standings, thought for sure they had a bit of a sizeable lead for that 3rd seed. Then again the East is currently surging at the moment.

SportsFanatic10
03-10-2016, 05:12 PM
I still doubt he makes it back but it would be nice. His exact quote is "I remain positive that I will be able to return this season." Sounds like he hopes to, not expects to.

@EthanJSkolnick: One key word in Bosh statement: "positive." I'm reading that as "optimistic" not "sure."

@EthanJSkolnick: It's been stated over & over however, that the team will not clear Bosh to return if there is even the slightest risk to his health

And a quote from a Manny Navarro article...

"It was later learned and widely reported that Bosh had begun taking blood thinning medication to deal with a clot in his leg. Medical experts have said that if Bosh began taking blood thinners for a clot in his calf he would have to remain on the medicine for three to six months.

Even if Bosh is cleared by his doctors, team officials still have to clear Bosh independently."

Bosh last played Feb 9th, doesn't sound like he'll make it back if he indeed did go on blood thinners honestly. I've been saying all along I doubt he'll be back this year, but I guess we'll see. I just think this thread is jumping the gun a bit.

TylerSL
03-10-2016, 05:25 PM
When he comes back we will have a real shot at taking Cleveland out, even more-so if we get Tyler Johnson back too. The Heat will be 8-9 deep in the postseason and the skill set of the team can combat the Cavaliers. Whiteside, in the clutch moments of the game, can keep Lebron out of the post and hopefully Love off the glass. Bosh at the 5, and Deng at the 4 will create the space needed for our slashers to attack and that will force open 3 pointers. I would expect our playoff lineup to be something like

Dragic/Richardson
Wade/TJ
Johnson/Winslow
Deng
Bosh/Whiteside

Bosh could slide up to PF when playing with Whiteside and Tyler Johnson could play the point if he's in lineups that include Wade. Our team is very versatile and a playoff series with Cleveland, hopefully the ECF, is something I'm very interested in seeing.

SportsFanatic10
03-10-2016, 05:32 PM
When he comes back we will have a real shot at taking Cleveland out, even more-so if we get Tyler Johnson back too. The Heat will be 8-9 deep in the postseason and the skill set of the team can combat the Cavaliers. Whiteside, in the clutch moments of the game, can keep Lebron out of the post and hopefully Love off the glass. Bosh at the 5, and Deng at the 4 will create the space needed for our slashers to attack and that will force open 3 pointers. I would expect our playoff lineup to be something like

Dragic/Richardson
Wade/TJ
Johnson/Winslow
Deng
Bosh/Whiteside

Bosh could slide up to PF when playing with Whiteside and Tyler Johnson could play the point if he's in lineups that include Wade. Our team is very versatile and a playoff series with Cleveland, hopefully the ECF, is something I'm very interested in seeing.

Yes we really would have a very solid team I agree. We'd even still have McRoberts to backup Deng if we needed to go to a 10 man rotation at all. I like McRoberts and think he should be playing. Last time he saw big minutes he went off for 19pts on 8/13 shooting with 6reb and 10ast with only 1 turnover and 2 triples which we need for spacing. Not bad for our potential 10th man lol.

TylerSL
03-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Yes we really would have a very solid team I agree. We'd even still have McRoberts to backup Deng if we needed to go to a 10 man rotation at all. I like McRoberts and think he should be playing. Last time he saw big minutes he went off for 19pts on 8/13 shooting with 6reb and 10ast with only 1 turnover and 2 triples which we need for spacing. Not bad for our potential 10th man lol.

I agree McRoberts is better than Amare, and should be playing.

SportsFanatic10
03-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Here's a good breakdown of the Bosh statement from a heat reporter for anyone interested...

http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2016/03/breaking-down-the-chris-bosh-health-statement-.html

Dade County
03-10-2016, 11:57 PM
Bosh was always going to come back this season. No news here.

WaDe03
03-11-2016, 12:19 AM
Bosh was always going to come back this season. No news here.

The NBA set it up that way right?

Shady66
03-11-2016, 12:44 AM
I used to dislike bosh in Toronto but it's hard not to root for him. Hope he's back before the playoffs.

ManningToTyree
03-11-2016, 02:47 AM
Good to hear

Dade County
03-11-2016, 09:44 AM
The NBA set it up that way right?

We get Dragic… Bosh gets blood clots

A couple of weeks before we get JJ… What do you know, Bosh sits out maybe because of blood clots.

I mean what the bloodclot (Jamaican accent) LoL

But seriously, I knew he was coming back… But I am thinking 2nd rd of the playoffs.