PDA

View Full Version : Prime T-Mac on the rockets today

ImOnFire12
03-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Lets swap out James Harden for a prime Tracy Mcgrady to begin the season where would this team be? Would he be able to mesh with a then Ty Lawson? Would he take Howard to the next level? Where would this team rank in the west standings and how far would they go?

Ty Lawson/ Beverly
Corey Brewer
Tracy Mcgrady
Trevor Ariza
Dwight Howard

I personally think they would be the 5th seed in the west with a nice shot of upsetting the Clippers in the first round. This current rocket team seems like it fall off at any momemt.

What do you think?

KnicksorBust
03-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Prime T-Mac is better than prime Harden but the difference isn't going to make them a contender in the West. It also wouldn't magically make Ty Lawson a good basketball player again.

Shady66
03-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Prime tmac never played on the rockets anyways. But they would be better for sure.

Alayla
03-09-2016, 10:02 PM
They would be a lot better especially at the defensive end of the court.

NYKnickFanatic
03-09-2016, 10:53 PM
Lets swap out James Harden for a prime Tracy Mcgrady to begin the season where would this team be? Would he be able to mesh with a then Ty Lawson? Would he take Howard to the next level? Where would this team rank in the west standings and how far would they go?

Ty Lawson/ Beverly
Corey Brewer
Tracy Mcgrady
Trevor Ariza
Dwight Howard

I personally think they would be the 5th seed in the west with a nice shot of upsetting the Clippers in the first round. This current rocket team seems like it fall off at any momemt.

What do you think?

Lawson is on the Pacers.

dalton749
03-09-2016, 11:58 PM
If they had tmac instead of harden the lineup would be
Beverley
Mcgrady
Ariza
Motieunas
Howard

That would be a top 5 defence, and a contender for sure.

Crackadalic
03-10-2016, 12:27 AM
T-mac would bring that team to a top 2 seed.

Prime T-mac,and I'm assuming we are talking about Orlando T-mac, could not be stop no matter who you put played against him

Chronz
03-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Tmac's prime is hard to boil down because of those injuries, that and the terminology is subjective itself.

Some consider Prime to be the same as peak seasons, I dont. To me, Tmac was in his prime from his final year with Toronto (or 1st in Orlando) till his 3rd or 4th season in Houston. Tmacs peak run came from Orlando to his first year in Houston. After that he was clearly no longer a star but still an All-NBA performer.

Monta is beast
03-13-2016, 03:18 AM
Bob Myers told Daryl Morey he should trade Harden at an event there at. Thought that was funny. T mac was capable of having on court chemistry unlike no defense. They would be a tier 2 team instead of tier 3..would be similar to the clippers