PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Milwaukee Bucks Future

KnicksorBust
03-09-2016, 12:54 PM
To me this is one of the most interesting teams in the NBA. Pay attention to these descriptions.

Their point guard is a former ROY who averaged 17/6/6 at the age of 22 and is a good defender
Their shooting guard averages 19/4/4 and hits 41% of his 3's
Their small forward makes 50% of his shots, rebounds, defends, is capable of playing point guard and is one of the most athletically gifted players in the nba.
Their power forward is a former #2 overall draft pick finally breaking out averaging 23ppg on 51% shooting over his last 5 games.
Their center is a 6'11/265 and averages 16ppg/9rpg while shooting 52% from the field.

Their oldest player is 25 years old. Sounds like a contending team with a bright future. Yet, this team is 23rd in offensive and 23rd in defensive efficiency and has a terrible record of 26-38. This coming off of a season where they were 41-41 .

The question is simple:

What does the future hold for the Milwaukee Bucks?

Scoots
03-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Something doesn't fit.

mrblisterdundee
03-09-2016, 01:44 PM
At this point, I would continue building around Khris, Giannis and Jabari . Everyone else is expendable.
The Bucks should try to get rid of Monroe for a more defensively inclined center, and try to get a veteran point guard to help center their young guys.
I would go hard after Teague or Schröder, knowing Atlanta probably can't keep both, and maybe Nerlens Noel. Or try to offer Brooklyn Monroe and an asset or two for Lopez.

Giannis94
03-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Will be the team to beat in the east within the next 5 years. Lebron will leave next year. There is literally no other competition for them assuming Giannas and Jabari sign long term deals. Get rid of MCQ and Moose and boom. Championship.

Vinylman
03-09-2016, 02:10 PM
options in the poll suck

their future is bright but Monroe and MCW aren't needed

DboneG
03-09-2016, 02:13 PM
What does the future hold for the Milwaukee Bucks? That's a good question...

1.) Center position...Miles Plumlee got 6 pts. and 7 boards in a recent game. THAT'S NOT GOING TO DO IT.
Greg Monroe recently said that coming off the bench doesn't bother him. WHAT?! Sounds like he lost his confidence or something. The thing is: Monroe is a interior player, the opposing team take him on the outside on pick and role play...which makes him useless. Monroe can't defend pick and roles well, and he can't rebound from the top of the key. So, he's useless.

2.)They need "overall" defense bad. They have a couple of real good defensive players, but, as a team...not good at all.

3.)The Bucks need "overall" rebounding bad! Overall...as a unit, as a team. You can't have one very good rebounder...then, when this guy is away from the basket or on the bench, they get killed.

4.)They have no leader. They are in need leadership on this young team. Jabari and Giannis are trying to step up in that role, but, it may not bode well for the team, as each are trying to be "The Man" on this team. I think will not end well. Dwhite Howard(if the trade went thru) would have helped BIG TIME here!

Core players, Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Khris Middleton, are unselfish, as well as the other players.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-09-2016, 02:20 PM
At this point, I would continue building around Khris, Giannis and Jabari . Everyone else is expendable.
The Bucks should try to get rid of Monroe for a more defensively inclined center, and try to get a veteran point guard to help center their young guys.
I would go hard after Teague or Schröder, knowing Atlanta probably can't keep both, and maybe Nerlens Noel. Or try to offer Brooklyn Monroe and an asset or two for Lopez.

But tried to land Teague this trade deadline. But Hawks are greedy. Also Teague signed with Bucks on the RFA offer sheet and Hawks matched. So we could wait another year and get him out right without any assets. Also wouldn't look down on Moose.

Your Blazers might trade for him this summer. lol Blazers and Pelicans both were pushing hard for Moose at trade deadline. One rumor was CJ and either Plumlee or Davis for Moose. Not sure what Pelicans were offering. Our GM wanted Holiday that draft but injury prone now.

Curious what Pelicans be offering us this summer for Moose? I guessed Asik and #6 pick. That pick could be Hield. Then with our pick we could get Skal. I could see Hornets or Celtics chase Moose as well. Bucks were linked to Howard as well.

Made us sounded desperate. We could trade off Henson as well and try and keep Plumlee at a cheaper rate. All in all people bragged us up last season of how many games we won from previous year. Yet people forget that year before we drafted Parker we had tons of injuries. I think we were eligible for the hardship a few times.

Last year we had injuries but not as much other then Parker out for the season and Sanders was in and out then retired. Knight got us over the hump early in the season with a quick 30 wins before he was traded then we dropped off. Yet we did push the Bulls to the brink last years playoffs. This offseason we traded Ersan for nonguaranteed guys.

Then gave away Zaza and Dudley for top 55 protected second rounder's. Yet Bucks could of used a stretch 4 badly this season. Also MCW is out for the season now and was benched for 6th man role as well as Moose. Henson injured now. Also Novak out for the year. Also Vasquez was pretty much injured soon as we traded for him.

Wouldn't want injury prone Lopez from Nets. Noel would be nice but 76ers would want a fortune for him. Monroe for Pelicans pick would be nice. But I bet they want us to eat Asik's rotten deal. I prefer Moose to Blazers for CJ. Have CJ play PG. He be just catch and shoot for us since Giannis be playing point forward. Park Middleton and CJ beyond the arc. Giannis and Parker slashing to the hoop. Henson be our rim protector.

DboneG
03-09-2016, 02:21 PM
I agree...

WaDe03
03-09-2016, 02:22 PM
A loss tonight against Miami hopefully. After that idk. They need to get rid of Monroe though who doesn't get along with Middleton at all.

DboneG
03-09-2016, 02:23 PM

I agree

phantasyyy
03-09-2016, 02:30 PM
How come Henson doesn't play a bigger role for you guys? Is he too skinny/injury prone to hold down significant minutes at the C position? The Bucks imo need a better interior anchor and I thought he would have a break out year this year with Moose's inefficiencies there, and Zaza being shipped out... I think trading Zaza away was a huge mistake for them as they have had to rely on Moose/Plumlee to hold down the fort and they just aren't capable of being that anchor that team needs.

I think Sanders retiring hit the team hard as I always thought with him in your lineup was pretty scary defensively and he shores up a lot of the Bucks defensive woes inside. That said the team is crazy young and is still improving but that MCW trade is looking worst and worst as time goes by - only saving grace is that he took a huge contract that you guys probably weren't looking to extend anyways.

Also is Tyler Ennis pretty much a bust to this point? He did have some decent hype surrounding draft time but seems to fall of a cliff since then. Relying on Bayless/Mayo/Giannis to run guard/play-making duties probably isn't the best course of action imo. That Vasquez trade didn't do them any wonders either.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-09-2016, 03:00 PM
How come Henson doesn't play a bigger role for you guys? Is he too skinny/injury prone to hold down significant minutes at the C position? The Bucks imo need a better interior anchor and I thought he would have a break out year this year with Moose's inefficiencies there, and Zaza being shipped out... I think trading Zaza away was a huge mistake for them as they have had to rely on Moose/Plumlee to hold down the fort and they just aren't capable of being that anchor that team needs.

I think Sanders retiring hit the team hard as I always thought with him in your lineup was pretty scary defensively and he shores up a lot of the Bucks defensive woes inside. That said the team is crazy young and is still improving but that MCW trade is looking worst and worst as time goes by - only saving grace is that he took a huge contract that you guys probably weren't looking to extend anyways.

Also is Tyler Ennis pretty much a bust to this point? He did have some decent hype surrounding draft time but seems to fall of a cliff since then. Relying on Bayless/Mayo/Giannis to run guard/play-making duties probably isn't the best course of action imo. That Vasquez trade didn't do them any wonders either.

Henson is injured. At first when they said sore back or whatever before trade deadline I was guessing held out for a trade. But that didn't happen. Guess sore back. MCW trade was lame. But Bucks owners weren't gonna have a maxed out contracts for both Knight and Middleton. Personally if it was me as GM I would of left 76ers out of the Knight trade and took the Lakers pick.

Guess Kidd thought he could had some use for MCW. That blew up in his face as well as the Vasquez trade. Vasquez was pretty much injured soon as we got him. Guess he had bone spurs before he played for us. League should look into that. But then again who cares. Clippers pick was late and a second rounder are a dime a dozen we have plenty of them.

Sanders retiring did suck. Overall Kidd playing GM isn't working. Poor Hammond has to deal with Kidd since one of the owners is good friends with Kidd. Kidd brought in Bayless, Copeland, Moose and traded for MCW, Plumlee, Ennis. Kidd doesn't even play Ennis. Also Kidd wanted Vaughn while John Hammond wanted Portis in the draft. Yeah Bucks needed shooting badly so Kidd got his way with the 3 billionaire owners. Yet Kidd barely plays Vaughn. Early in the season there was rumors of Kidd stepping down as coach and become president of operations. Prunty did well for Bucks for the little while Kidd was out with hip surgery.

Lottery drawing cant come fast enough. This season was lame other then a few big wins from playoff teams. Getting the first win off of Warriors was cool. We almost beat them twice but they got hot last 4 minutes of second meeting. Also we beat the Cavs early on then LeBron had that players only meeting.

Yeah I was shocked Moose picked us over Lakers or Knicks or Blazers. But he didn't fit. I personally wanted to go cheap and sign Ajinca and O'Quinn. Also Howard mentioning us at trade deadline was nice gesture. But could be smoke and mirrors to kiss *** so one less bridge burnt if lots of teams stick their nose up to him when he wants his $30M per.

Bucks do have $25M in cap to spend. So if we could peddle off Moose for a Pelicans pick or Blazers CJ then pull in Howard guess its not the worst. Yeah Howard is a cry baby and $30M per would be horrible contract to try and re-flip if it doesn't work out. But we could trim Howards minutes and just save him for playoffs. Also Bucks don't have Harden so Howard or any Rockets player for that matter would shine with us.

mrblisterdundee
03-09-2016, 03:16 PM
But tried to land Teague this trade deadline. But Hawks are greedy. Also Teague signed with Bucks on the RFA offer sheet and Hawks matched. So we could wait another year and get him out right without any assets. Also wouldn't look down on Moose.

Your Blazers might trade for him this summer. lol Blazers and Pelicans both were pushing hard for Moose at trade deadline. One rumor was CJ and either Plumlee or Davis for Moose. Not sure what Pelicans were offering. Our GM wanted Holiday that draft but injury prone now.

Curious what Pelicans be offering us this summer for Moose? I guessed Asik and #6 pick. That pick could be Hield. Then with our pick we could get Skal. I could see Hornets or Celtics chase Moose as well. Bucks were linked to Howard as well.

Made us sounded desperate. We could trade off Henson as well and try and keep Plumlee at a cheaper rate. All in all people bragged us up last season of how many games we won from previous year. Yet people forget that year before we drafted Parker we had tons of injuries. I think we were eligible for the hardship a few times.

Last year we had injuries but not as much other then Parker out for the season and Sanders was in and out then retired. Knight got us over the hump early in the season with a quick 30 wins before he was traded then we dropped off. Yet we did push the Bulls to the brink last years playoffs. This offseason we traded Ersan for nonguaranteed guys.

Then gave away Zaza and Dudley for top 55 protected second rounder's. Yet Bucks could of used a stretch 4 badly this season. Also MCW is out for the season now and was benched for 6th man role as well as Moose. Henson injured now. Also Novak out for the year. Also Vasquez was pretty much injured soon as we traded for him.

Wouldn't want injury prone Lopez from Nets. Noel would be nice but 76ers would want a fortune for him. Monroe for Pelicans pick would be nice. But I bet they want us to eat Asik's rotten deal. I prefer Moose to Blazers for CJ. Have CJ play PG. He be just catch and shoot for us since Giannis be playing point forward. Park Middleton and CJ beyond the arc. Giannis and Parker slashing to the hoop. Henson be our rim protector.

You can't have C.J. Blazermaniacs have threatened revolution if Olshey trades him for a one-trick Moose like Monroe. Stick with that New Orleans trade. Monroe might actually work next to Davis. He just can't be your best front court player.

CHANGO
03-09-2016, 03:27 PM
IMO the core of Middleton, Giannis and Jabari is one to be afraid of, they are just getting better and Jabari is returning from that injury. Giannis hasn't developed a consistent jumper yet (hopefully he can develop one). BUT, I don't see them being great with MCW as their PG. They need a PG who can shoot the ball.

KnicksorBust
03-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Something doesn't fit.

Any thoughts on what? :laugh:

KnicksorBust
03-09-2016, 03:33 PM

Will be the team to beat in the east within the next 5 years. Lebron will leave next year. There is literally no other competition for them assuming Giannas and Jabari sign long term deals. Get rid of MCQ and Moose and boom. Championship.

IMO the core of Middleton, Giannis and Jabari is one to be afraid of, they are just getting better and Jabari is returning from that injury. Giannis hasn't developed a consistent jumper yet (hopefully he can develop one). BUT, I don't see them being great with MCW as their PG. They need a PG who can shoot the ball.

Seems like the consensus is they are two players away from contending. The question then is are Jabari-Giannis-Middleton good enough to be the top 3 players or do they need a star at Center or Point Guard to lead them?

KnicksorBust
03-09-2016, 03:35 PM
options in the poll suck

their future is bright but Monroe and MCW aren't needed

I'll help ya out bud. You want the 3rd choice. You think they need to make a trade. The purpose of the options on the poll was my curiosity if people thought this was a Grizzlies/Thunder/Blazers situation of the last 6 years where you could keep the full core together or you needed to make more trades. Grizzlies traded Rudy Gay. Thunder traded James Harden. Blazers kept it together and then dismantled the whole thing. All to varying degrees of success.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-09-2016, 04:16 PM
I think MCW on Thunder as 6th man be great for playoffs. He's a blanket for Curry. Give me Payne back. But doubt Thunder does that. As for Bucks standing pat don't get your hopes up. We trade a lot. This was first trade deadline we stood pat. But we had plenty of deals on the table.

Hawks wanted to much for Teague. Kidd was denied of a Howard trade. Bucks owners only would of approved of Howard trade if he took that player option for next year. Howard wanted to test free agency so Bucks owners said no to Kidd for a Howard rental. We were close to a deal with Pelicans for Holiday or a pick or something. Guess old reports was that pick would of been flipped back to Hawks for Teague. Also 76ers denied a Marshall for Ennis deal. Glad that didn't go down.

Marshall been injured like last couple seasons. Bucks were interested in a few players. Wolves called us about Rubio deal for Middleton and we shot that down. Bucks talked with Pacers about George Hill. Also I heard Bucks would of been part of a 3 way deal to whom ever took on Rudy Gay. Guess Kings preferred our players over the 3rd team wanting Gay. Also Bucks were linked to Lawson and Martin months before trade deadline.

Curious if the Bucks get lucky with that $25M this summer or strike out. Bucks could try and play spoiler signing RFA's and see if teams match. RFA Delly? UFA Chalmers? Conley easily stays with Grizzlies. Heck Bucks could go after RFA Ezeli. Warriors be tapped out cap wise with Barnes situation. Warriors at $72M before all their options picked up. $86.3M with options. Toss Ezeli $10M per or more and Warriors either have to unload Iggy or Bogut fast before trade deadline if they match. Plenty of RFA out there we could over pay to pry away. Crabbe? Bazemore? Biyombo? I could see Bucks bring back local boy Leuer. He can stretch the floor a little bit.

phantasyyy
03-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Yeah the OKC are pretty high on Payne - enough to trade the productive Augustin to open up minutes for him so I don't think they'd do that trade. MCW I think is a poor fit for OKC anyways with as much as Westbrook/KD dominate the ball and MCW's inability to stretch the floor. The good thing is he only on the hook for 4m and you guys have the option on him so relatively cheap to still keep him.

Has Ennis played poorly or Kidd just doesn't play him? - seems crazy since you guys lack a true pg to run the team and he is young enough to grow with the team.

Every team will have cap space this upcoming summer, poaching a big from 76ers seems to be the ideal route with Saric, Noel, Okafor, and maybe Embiid set to join the team next season. - obviously not enough minutes for all.

JasonJohnHorn
03-10-2016, 01:01 PM
I think they lack depth in 3-point shooting. 10 years ago you could get away with only 2 or 3 guys who shot the 3-ball. Now you need 3 or 4 starters that can shoot it or you're at a disadvantage.

I do like Monroe, and if his defense improved, I could see him as being a solid post presence that could draw a double team and open the floor up for shooters. And he can pass the ball too.

Middleton, who I haven't gotten to see play much, is (from what I hear) a stellar defender, and his stats suggest he's got a great all-around game and he can kill the 3-ball. So that's good. Also a good passer judging from his stats.

Bayless is a great piece to have coming off the bench, because he can play both guard spots, he can pass, and shoot the three.

The problem is, after that, they are just not a terribly good shooting team. You have to respect Antetokounmpo's all-around skill set; good passer and rebounder. But he doesn't have range in his shot. Parker is decent inside the arc, actually has a good percentage, but he can shoot the 3-ball, so if you have him and Antetokounmpo's inside the arc with Monroe, the spacing will be bad, and Parker, from what I"ve seen (which is limited in his case) can't pass as well as Monroe.

As for MCW.... he's the type of player who people would have fawned over in the 80's and 90's for his per game averages and his size at the point guard spot, but at the end of the day, he's not a terribly efficient passer, (not even a 2-1 ast-turn ratio) and he is a woeful shooter.

I think Middleton and Bayless are great pieces. Antetokounmpo would be great if he could shoot 3's, and Monroe would be great if he were a stronger defender.

It's a tough call to say where they will be going. If they move Parker and MCW and got a good shooting pg, or managed a sign-and-trade for Howard and scooped up a PG in free agency, they could be in a good spot. If they do neither, and get a bum draft pick this year, they could be in the lottery for another couple of seasons at least.

Vinylman
03-10-2016, 01:30 PM
A loss tonight against Miami hopefully. After that idk. They need to get rid of Monroe though who doesn't get along with Middleton at all.

I was certain Miami would keep their winning streak alive since they were playing a non-playoff team...

oh well ... you guys will get them next time

Vinylman
03-10-2016, 01:35 PM
I'll help ya out bud. You want the 3rd choice. You think they need to make a trade. The purpose of the options on the poll was my curiosity if people thought this was a Grizzlies/Thunder/Blazers situation of the last 6 years where you could keep the full core together or you needed to make more trades. Grizzlies traded Rudy Gay. Thunder traded James Harden. Blazers kept it together and then dismantled the whole thing. All to varying degrees of success.

except they have more than 2-3 good players ... so um ... NO!

poll construction is critical in both sports forums and strip clubs...

nycericanguy
03-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Giannis is going to be a top 5 player soon... I've been saying it for 2 years now. he's been unleashed as a playmaker and has been averaging close to 10 assists as of late. He could be a Point Center...lol.

I agree Bucks need to build around Middleton/Giannis/Parker.... Monroe was a mistake, they have enough scoring, they need a defensive or play Giannis at C and play small ball.

The problem is Giannis & Parker don't have range right now... so they need to put 3 shooters around those guys. Monroe & MCW seem like the type of guys you DONT want to put around them.

muelly
03-10-2016, 02:12 PM
Giannis is going to be a top 5 player soon... I've been saying it for 2 years now. he's been unleashed as a playmaker and has been averaging close to 10 assists as of late. He could be a Point Center...lol.

I agree Bucks need to build around Middleton/Giannis/Parker.... Monroe was a mistake, they have enough scoring, they need a defensive or play Giannis at C and play small ball.

The problem is Giannis & Parker don't have range right now... so they need to put 3 shooters around those guys. Monroe & MCW seem like the type of guys you DONT want to put around them.

Maybe Boston will strikeout trying to land a superstar and the Bucks can pry Avery Bradley in a deal for Monroe. More would have to move to salary match.

Giannis
Bradley
Middleton
Parker
Henson/Plumlee or draft pick

I really like Bradley for this team (just as I do Wade Baldwin from Vandy) he's an undersized 2 but he is 3 and d and could defend opposing point guards while sliding giannis into the best role defensively. The great thing about Giannis is he doesn't have a defined defensive position because there are some nights he can arguable defend all 5. Obviously there are some PG & C he just wouldn't match up at all against but the ability on many nights exists.

WaDe03
03-10-2016, 02:23 PM
I was certain Miami would keep their winning streak alive since they were playing a non-playoff team...

oh well ... you guys will get them next time

How about them Lakers?

nycericanguy
03-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Maybe Boston will strikeout trying to land a superstar and the Bucks can pry Avery Bradley in a deal for Monroe. More would have to move to salary match.

Giannis
Bradley
Middleton
Parker

I really like Bradley for this team (just as I do Wade Baldwin from Vandy) he's an undersized 2 but he is 3 and d and could defend opposing point guards while sliding giannis into the best role defensively. The great thing about Giannis is he doesn't have a defined defensive position because there are some nights he can arguable defend all 5. Obviously there are some PG & C he just wouldn't match up at all against but the ability on many nights exists.

that's actually not a bad deal for both teams...Monroe's role seems to be diminishing more and more.

phantasyyy
03-10-2016, 03:40 PM

Giannis
Bradley
Middleton
Parker

Boston isnt going to trade Bradley for Monroe.. who is only a marginal upgrade from say Sully/KO/Amir. I mean the 3 headed defensive monster in Smart/Bradley/Crowder is just too good to breakup unless they do get that bonafide superstar.

Honestly I thought Milwaukee was going to build off last season but it seems they just took a huge step backwards. That said they are in a pretty good situation compared to other rebuilding teams with Parker, Giannis, Middleton and Henson-whenever he is healthy to build around.

KnicksorBust
03-10-2016, 03:50 PM
except they have more than 2-3 good players ... so um ... NO!

poll construction is critical in both sports forums and strip clubs...

You are not making sense. You either like their starters as currently constructed or you want to make a trade. The poll provides both options and even a middle ground or a more severe team break-up.

Gametime
03-10-2016, 07:14 PM
They'll be a terrible franchise until they get a new owner that understands the game and when they get good jerseys and court design.

beasted86
03-11-2016, 01:21 PM
If they were smart they would tank and rebuild. This core is a horrible fit. The traditional route would be trading when you have solid players and poor fit, but the problem is nobody wants to stay in Milwaukee so you are forced to build thru the draft only or overpay.

Starters: They have nobody to consistently hit jump shots except Middleton. They have nobody that can get them double digit free throw attempts regularly. They have nobody who is such an offensive force as to draw a double team consistently. Although they have multiple ball handlers in that group, they all have poor assist turnover ratios.

Bench: Guards suck... they are inefficient and their primary 3 (Bayless, Mayo, Vasquez) have been known as combo guards. That isn't always a good thing. I'd rather a traditional PG and SF opposite any one of the 3 if I were GM. Henson is a good backup 4/5, but seems to have a knack for getting injured and is probably going to get overpaid this summer. Their young rookie contract guards are looking like busts (Ennis, Vaughn).

So, because of the free agency problem of the location in Milwaukee they need to tank. Like I covered before they could also possibly trade for guys on rookie contracts, but many times you won't get a good return. They tried that last year and ended up with MCW + Ennis for Knight... horrible value trade-off.

This team is not "supposed to be better" like what I felt the OP was insinuating.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Last 11 games Middleton, Giannis, Parker all averaging 20 points each per game.

phantasyyy
03-11-2016, 01:44 PM
If they were smart they would tank and rebuild. This core is a horrible fit. The traditional route would be trading when you have solid players and poor fit, but the problem is nobody wants to stay in Milwaukee so you are forced to build thru the draft only or overpay.

Starters: They have nobody to consistently hit jump shots except Middleton. They have nobody that can get them double digit free throw attempts regularly. They have nobody who is such an offensive force as to draw a double team consistently. Although they have multiple ball handlers in that group, they all have poor assist turnover ratios.

Bench: Guards suck... they are inefficient and their primary 3 (Bayless, Mayo, Vasquez) have been known as combo guards. That isn't always a good thing. I'd rather a traditional PG and SF opposite any one of the 3 if I were GM. Henson is a good backup 4/5, but seems to have a knack for getting injured and is probably going to get overpaid this summer. Their young rookie contract guards are looking like busts (Ennis, Vaughn).

So, because of the free agency problem of the location in Milwaukee they need to tank. Like I covered before they could also possibly trade for guys on rookie contracts, but many times you won't get a good return. They tried that last year and ended up with MCW + Ennis for Knight... horrible value trade-off.

This team is not "supposed to be better" like what I felt the OP was insinuating.

They can kind of be classified as tanking now lmao. The two main pieces are still extremely young at 21 for Parker and Giannis and Middleton and Henson are only 24/25 just entering/pre-prime so they're I wouldn't necessarily say they are a horrible fit since they all still have time to extend their range. They only thing they are pretty much missing is shooting and Middleton already excels there.

Parker I think in due time will become a serviceable 3pt shooter, he did shoot 36% @ Duke - not very many but the potential is there. Giannis doesn't have to develop a 3 pt shot to be effective as he has shown he can impact the game in several ways and continues to improve every year.

Also fyi there are only two players currently taking double digit ft's and that is cousins and harden. So im not sure what kind of point your making there but imo Giannis has that ability to get up to the 6-9 range.. he currently sits at 5 now but his past 5 game he has attempted 52..

muelly
03-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Boston isnt going to trade Bradley for Monroe.. who is only a marginal upgrade from say Sully/KO/Amir. I mean the 3 headed defensive monster in Smart/Bradley/Crowder is just too good to breakup unless they do get that bonafide superstar.

Honestly I thought Milwaukee was going to build off last season but it seems they just took a huge step backwards. That said they are in a pretty good situation compared to other rebuilding teams with Parker, Giannis, Middleton and Henson-whenever he is healthy to build around.

I wouldn't call it a huge step backwards as much as I would a victim of their own success. They unexpectedly made the playoffs last year in a year where nothing was expected, it was perfect timing as it generated some buzz to help get the arena deal done but they entered this year with expectations that they were never going to met. Signing Monroe and the return of Jabari has some people locally thinking 50 wins was possible.

The long term potential is very high and the past 10 or so games have been as exciting as anything we seen since the big 3 (robinson, allen, cassell). Monroe was just a poor fit no way around that. MCW didn't develop as envisioned last year and quite honestly that's ok because the motive behind trading knight was likely to get more looks for the core 3. The emergence of Giannis as a point forward gives this team an identity that is almost unmatched, it makes the lineup even more versatile. It at least temporarily has solved some of the problems of having 3 likely SF on floor together.

As a MKE fan I've never been more excited, I like the direction were headed. It hasn't been perfect and some mistakes have been made but nothing that will cripple this team. The 3 core players have been identified one continues to get better and 2 have unknown potentials. Kidd appears to have flipped the switch and given Jabari/Giannis more of a green light. I also think the % of giannis passes now going to Jabari is a reason to be excited whereas previously Giannis was often passing back to MCW at a high clip previously.

Patience is the key, the new arena wont be here for another 2 years. Bigger picture, when Giannis and Jabari are 23-24 I expect and hope this team to be at that level ready to compete for a top spot in east and battle amongst the best.

smith&wesson
03-11-2016, 02:25 PM
any thoughts on what? :laugh:

mcw

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-11-2016, 02:33 PM

Bucks already extended Henson this summer at 4/$44M.

beasted86
03-11-2016, 05:42 PM
They can kind of be classified as tanking now lmao. The two main pieces are still extremely young at 21 for Parker and Giannis and Middleton and Henson are only 24/25 just entering/pre-prime so they're I wouldn't necessarily say they are a horrible fit since they all still have time to extend their range. They only thing they are pretty much missing is shooting and Middleton already excels there.

Parker I think in due time will become a serviceable 3pt shooter, he did shoot 36% @ Duke - not very many but the potential is there. Giannis doesn't have to develop a 3 pt shot to be effective as he has shown he can impact the game in several ways and continues to improve every year.

Also fyi there are only two players currently taking double digit ft's and that is cousins and harden. So im not sure what kind of point your making there but imo Giannis has that ability to get up to the 6-9 range.. he currently sits at 5 now but his past 5 game he has attempted 52..
He can boost his percentage, but I don't think Parker will ever be a high volume outside shooter.

As far as getting FTs, I just feel like when the game slows down in the 4th quarter or playoffs the Bucks don't have that guy who can stop the clock for his team and let their defense get set up whether that's consistent buckets or at the stripe. It doesn't have to be every night, but a guy that can get the other team in foul trouble all by himself, they don't have that yet.

And they aren't tanking now unless you think an 8-9th overall sleeper is going to significantly improve them along with internal growth with guys hitting their ceiling.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-11-2016, 05:55 PM
Personally I wished we would of tanked last year and unloaded the veterans for late picks or second rounder's. But we made the playoffs and gave the Bulls a run for their money. Was good experience I guess for the young guys like Giannis and Middleton. Shame Parker was injured then. Instead of drafting at #17 for Vaughn. If we were sellers early we could of had a chance at WCS or Turner. Then this summer we be set at center then used our cap elsewhere. Oh well. That's the nature of the beast. Wish in one hand and **** in the other. Turner would of been awesome with our core.

FOXHOUND
03-11-2016, 06:32 PM
I think if they had Andre Drummond/DeAndre Jordan to go with that young wing trio and got back to the open court speed demon hounding defensive style that made them successful last year, they could eventually contend when that trio is ready. PG needs to be a shooter, C needs to be an athlete and big rebounder. Neither of their current options fit. Maybe Henson can fill out and hit a big growth in play at C but I doubt it.

kingkenny01
03-11-2016, 06:53 PM
As a bucks fan they are always around .500ish, they could have lebron, durant and curry and still go .500. Before we start talking contender let's see the Bucks get out of the first round which they haven't done since 2001, which I believe is the longest streak.

CHANGO
03-11-2016, 08:54 PM
As a bucks fan they are always around .500ish, they could have lebron, durant and curry and still go .500. Before we start talking contender let's see the Bucks get out of the first round which they haven't done since 2001, which I believe is the longest streak.

They have always been a pain in the *** tho, especially for the HEAT. Even when Jennings, Ilya and Sanders were playing there. I was high on them before the season started but I guess the MCW trade lowered them.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-12-2016, 09:45 AM
They have always been a pain in the *** tho, especially for the HEAT. Even when Jennings, Ilya and Sanders were playing there. I was high on them before the season started but I guess the MCW trade lowered them.

As much as Knight was annoying. He did get us to a fast 30 wins before all star break and then traded. After he was gone our scoring dipped last year. Also barely hung on for playoffs.

ewing
03-12-2016, 09:58 AM
everyone but the Warriors and Spurs should tank. In fact we shouldn't have a season at all. Those 2 teams should play basketball and everyone else should play Magic the Gathering for draft position :shrug:

phantasyyy
03-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Signing whiteside in the offseason should be a on high priority for the Bucks..

Giannis94
03-12-2016, 12:14 PM

I am a Bucks fan and don't get me wrong I hate MCW but the trade had to be made at the time. Kidd said it was Middleton or Knight to get the deal. Could you have done better value wise? Thats debateable. I also hope giannis stays at PG.

CHANGO
03-12-2016, 02:27 PM
I am a Bucks fan and don't get me wrong I hate MCW but the trade had to be made at the time. Kidd said it was Middleton or Knight to get the deal. Could you have done better value wise? Thats debateable. I also hope giannis stays at PG.

Yeah, I remember that. Of course I would trade Knight over Middleton, the SG/SF position is very weak right now and Middleton is a great 2-way talent. But IMO trading for MCW was the wrong choice, they should've traded for at least a PG with range, or another versatile wing.

Giannis
Middleton
Versatile wing with shooting :D
Parker
Monroe or Henson

What I like about them tho is the length and versatility.