PDA

View Full Version : Lillard & Wall

#1 Romo fan
03-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Watching last night's Wizards Blazers game reminded me of how underappreciated these two superstars are. I mean Lillard wasn't even an all star this year.

ewing
03-09-2016, 09:36 AM
Wall been overrated since the day he entered the league. you are right about Lillard being a snub. He is a franchise player, Wall on the other hand got in on rep

valade16
03-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Lillard obviously should have been an All-Star however I'm glad he was snubbed since he is clearly playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Since the AS game he is averaging 33.5 PPG, 41.9% from 3 and a 64% TS%.

QueensG718
03-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Lillard is such a beast

Scoots
03-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Lillard obviously should have been an All-Star however I'm glad he was snubbed since he is clearly playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Since the AS game he is averaging 33.5 PPG, 41.9% from 3 and a 64% TS%.

Which of the All-star guards should he have replaced? I'd vote Harden.

JasonJohnHorn
03-09-2016, 10:51 AM
I was really harsh on Wall his first three seasons, but I'm glad to see his efficiency coming up. He's a great playmaker, and busts his @$$ off o defense.

I still wish he was a better shooter.... but he's got some great skills. I think among young point guards, he has the best shot of averaging 20/10 for multiple seasons.

Alayla
03-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Never been a wall fan he might not even be the best PG from his Kentucky team I personally like Bledsoe alot more that being said wall has taken steps in the right direction recently.
As for Lillard i thought everyone here knew he was good? like really good?

KnicksorBust
03-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Never been a wall fan he might not even be the best PG from his Kentucky team I personally like Bledsoe alot more that being said wall has taken steps in the right direction recently.
As for Lillard i thought everyone here knew he was good? like really good?

People thought the Blazers were going to be terrible this year and that LMA was the franchise player on that team. They also left him off the All-Star team despite the fact that he's probably a top 10 player this season. I think it's pretty fair to say he's underappreciated.

mrblisterdundee
03-09-2016, 02:09 PM

Lillard was a victim of Kobe's farewell tour. Harden deserved to get in. Regardless of how bad he is defensively Lillard's better than before but still not that great on defense, either Harden is an offensive genius who separates himself by getting to the free throw line so much. Lillard's awesome, but he's eclipsed offensively by Harden's ability to get to the free throw line, and Curry's shooting prowess. Lillard is the third-best offensive guard in the west, which is still pretty damn good.

mrblisterdundee
03-09-2016, 02:11 PM
I was really harsh on Wall his first three seasons, but I'm glad to see his efficiency coming up. He's a great playmaker, and busts his @$$ off o defense.

I still wish he was a better shooter.... but he's got some great skills. I think among young point guards, he has the best shot of averaging 20/10 for multiple seasons.

If only we could find a way to combine Wall's defense and athleticism with Lillard's scoring, we'd have a perfect point guard.

Sly Guy
03-09-2016, 02:12 PM
People thought the Blazers were going to be terrible this year and that LMA was the franchise player on that team. They also left him off the All-Star team despite the fact that he's probably a top 10 player this season. I think it's pretty fair to say he's underappreciated.

nah, I knew better. Lillard is a really strong PG, he can prop up a team on his own. Portland is better with LA, but they aren't completely lost without him either. Loved his head to head with my boy Kyle a few nights ago.

Vincent
03-09-2016, 02:28 PM
I think the Portland team in general was slept on, not just Lillard.

But Lillard is my favorite PG in the league right now (which is kind of sacreligious when Steph Curry is on the tear that he has been on all year).

Individually he can score in so many ways, and the dude has ice in his veins in crunch time. He reminds me of a high volume Chauncey Billups (with much better driving ability). Big fan of his game and demeanor.

CHANGO
03-09-2016, 03:11 PM
I think the Portland team in general was slept on, not just Lillard.

But Lillard is my favorite PG in the league right now (which is kind of sacreligious when Steph Curry is on the tear that he has been on all year).

Individually he can score in so many ways, and the dude has ice in his veins in crunch time. He reminds me of a high volume Chauncey Billups (with much better driving ability). Big fan of his game and demeanor.

He is my favorite PG too, I always played him on NBA2K he and Wes were my favorite players to use there.

Wall and Lillard are different in terms of plays, but Wizards are always injured, it sucks.

valade16
03-09-2016, 04:49 PM

Since it couldn't be Kobe whom he obviously should have been in over, Harden would be a good choice. Aren't there some sort of "wild card" spots coaches can choose where position doesn't matter?

If so, the fact LMA made the All-Star team over Lillard is criminal.

phantasyyy
03-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Wall been overrated since the day he entered the league. you are right about Lillard being a snub. He is a franchise player, Wall on the other hand got in on rep

I wouldn't call him overrated lol dude is a beast.. plays both ends of the floor and gets his team involve on the offensive end of the floor. He is also improving his 3pt %. Easily top 3 pg in the East and top 6 overall..

Curry -tier 1
Paul/Westbrook -tier2
Lillard/Lowry/Wall -tier3

Scoots
03-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Lillard was a victim of Kobe's farewell tour. Harden deserved to get in. Regardless of how bad he is defensively Lillard's better than before but still not that great on defense, either Harden is an offensive genius who separates himself by getting to the free throw line so much. Lillard's awesome, but he's eclipsed offensively by Harden's ability to get to the free throw line, and Curry's shooting prowess. Lillard is the third-best offensive guard in the west, which is still pretty damn good.

Kobe went as a forward not a guard.

nastynice
03-10-2016, 04:28 AM
Lillard is a stud, point blank, seems pretty much everyone's in agreement about that.

I don't much about wall, but when they played the warriors a few weeks ago, I was legitimately impressed by him, that dude is quick as hell, really good player. Of course its just a one game sample size, but even after hearing his name over and over, I was caught by surprise how good he was

ewing
03-10-2016, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't call him overrated lol dude is a beast.. plays both ends of the floor and gets his team involve on the offensive end of the floor. He is also improving his 3pt %. Easily top 3 pg in the East and top 6 overall..

Curry -tier 1
Paul/Westbrook -tier2
Lillard/Lowry/Wall -tier3

he is a wildly overrated PG. That doesn't mean he is bad but there is a reason the Wizard 1/2 court offense has been so bad for years. Wall always has the ball 20 plus feet from the hole and the defensive doesn't care. Dude has to move the ball faster and wind up with less #s or learn to shoot consistently.