PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Chances at 73 wins.........

Jeffy25
03-07-2016, 09:03 PM
55-6 Warriors, 53-9 Spurs

Spurs could win their last 20, potentially/unlikely

Warriors need to finish out the season 18-3
The only time this season they didn't win 18 out of 21 was from Dec 12 - Jan 25 (17-4 during that time), otherwise they have won 18 out of 21 all year long.

What do you think their chances are that they do it?

They play the Spurs 3 times (53-9)
Grizzles twice (37-25)
Wolves twice (20-43)
Blazers twice (33-31)
Jazz twice (29-33)
Mavs twice (33-30)
Celtics (38-26)
Wizards (30-32)
76ers (8-55)
Knicks (26-38)
Pelicans (23-38)
Magic (27-34)
Suns (17-46)

Grizzlies and Spurs 5 times will make things challenging, assuming they can win 4 out of those 5 games though, this should be locked up.

What do you peg their chances at? It also depends how much they push the last two weeks of the season considering their last four games of the season are against the Spurs and Grizzlies.

Their losses this year haven't really been at the hands of the best teams (Lakers, Pistons, Bucks)

They will play the Blazers and Mavs again whom they have lost to.

tredigs
03-07-2016, 09:18 PM
Good chance they lose both @Spurs, and will likely lose 2 of the rest. 71-72 feels like the most likely outcome. Blew it with the LAL loss. Craziest part is that after this is all said and done, they may not enter the playoffs with HCA.

phantasyyy
03-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Normally at the end of the season teams do rest their players and whatnot to get ready for the playoff push. But I think in the case of the Warriors no teams will be doing them favors "gifting" them wins by resting key players for that respective matchup. I would bet that the other 29 teams don't want them to get the record and will just as hard even if there is really nothing on the line for them in terms of making/playoff seeding.

That said last 4 games Spurs/Grizz/Spurs/Grizz should be interesting... especially with the Spurs already guaranteed the 2nd seed and the Grizzlies looking at a potential 2nd round matchup if they get past OKC/Clips.
Also they get the Spurs on the second night of a B2B on two occasions March 19th(after the Mavs) and April 10th(after the Grizz).

I think we'll see them lose the first Spurs game on the 19th, and dropping a game to the Jazz/Celtics/Pelicans or something like that to see them just get the record at 73-9. Great thing about their remaining schedule is that they play 16 games at home(undefeated..HELLO!!) and only 6 on the road.

jerellh528
03-07-2016, 09:40 PM
I thought it was a lock untill I saw Spurs 3 times. Celtics, blazers, grizz can be tough but I don't see them losing there. I'm leaning towards them still breaking the record. Even if they lose 2 to the Spurs, they'd have to lose another, and I don't think there's real serious threats up there(okc, cavs, clips). I think they do it

Raps18-19 Champ
03-07-2016, 09:48 PM
They'll fall short. I bet they rest guys at the end of the season.

jerellh528
03-07-2016, 10:06 PM
They'll fall short. I bet they rest guys at the end of the season.

Maybe not, if they're in a race with Spurs for hca. I dunno if that matters to them or not, but it's there.

Jeffy25
03-07-2016, 10:21 PM
We could actually have two teams win 70 games this year........

Jeffy25
03-07-2016, 10:24 PM
If they maintain their winning percentage, they would win 73.93 games, and the Spurs would win 70.10 games.

Obviously with them facing each other three times, that changes things.

It has to be noted how much the Warriors still play at home though.

tredigs
03-07-2016, 10:24 PM
Spurs are going to need some heroics to pull off their game tonight. A loss here has big implications. Heavily decreases their chances of catching the Warriors and increases their chances of sitting players the final week of the season versus GS.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Maybe not, if they're in a race with Spurs for hca. I dunno if that matters to them or not, but it's there.

I doubt the race will come down to the last 2-3 games.

tredigs
03-07-2016, 10:29 PM
Finally. Got those bastards out of the single-digit-loss-club.

Jeffy25
03-07-2016, 10:31 PM
On March 7, 1996, the Bulls went to 54-6, finishing out the season 18-4

If the Warriors really want it (and it depends how aggressive the Spurs and Grizs fight them) they should be able to do it.

Jeffy25
03-07-2016, 10:33 PM
Well Spurs lose to Indiana and go to 53-10.

To win 70, they need to go 17-2 to finish out the season. They are certainly capable of that, but to beat the Warriors 3 times would be very challenging.

Scoots
03-07-2016, 11:25 PM
I doubt the Warriors do it.

jason
03-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Losing to the Lakers makes it that much harder now

LA_Raiders
03-07-2016, 11:57 PM
I think they will do it.

Jay 20
03-08-2016, 12:06 PM
The whole resting players at the end of the season thing is silly to me only because they may have to play their starters up until the end of the year to maintain the 1 seed in the West. That's the number 1 goal right now is earn that home court advantage throughout the playoffs and it may take breaking the Bulls record to secure the 1 seed.

Scoots
03-08-2016, 12:16 PM
The whole resting players at the end of the season thing is silly to me only because they may have to play their starters up until the end of the year to maintain the 1 seed in the West. That's the number 1 goal right now is earn that home court advantage throughout the playoffs and it may take breaking the Bulls record to secure the 1 seed.

In horse and motor racing you don't want to win by any more than you have to because even if you can go faster the faster you go the more likely something will go wrong. So, the result is you race to your opponent. The same is true in sports with long regular seasons. The Warriors have a 3.5 game lead on the field ... they only have to start pushing if that lead gets down to 2, and that's really only because they play the Spurs twice in that last week. If the Warriors beat the Spurs when they play next that lead goes up to 4.5 (assuming neither team loses in the meantime) with not many more games to play.

I expect the Warriors will be paying more attention to minutes and getting their bench more involved earlier in games, and trying to rest players in the 4th quarter with an occasion day off.

Jay 20
03-08-2016, 03:14 PM
I horse and motor racing you don't want to win by any more than you have to because even if you can go faster the faster you go the more likely something will go wrong. So, the result is you race to your opponent. The same is true in sports with long regular seasons. The Warriors have a 3.5 game lead on the field ... they only have to start pushing if that lead gets down to 2, and that's really only because they play the Spurs twice in that last week. If the Warriors beat the Spurs when they play next that lead goes up to 4.5 (assuming neither team loses in the meantime) with not many more games to play.

I expect the Warriors will be paying more attention to minutes and getting their bench more involved earlier in games, and trying to rest players in the 4th quarter with an occasion day off.

They already are paying close attention to the minutes because Clark and Rush are getting more minutes then usual and so is McAdoo. That could be because Iggy is hurt though but I'd say Kerr is trying to get those guys minutes anyway.

I agree with you. All I'm saying is because the Spurs are so close they have to wait a lot longer then right now to know how they will handle situations at the end of the year. If they only have a 3.5 game lead when their final 4 games role around I'm not resting anyone that 78th game because they have 4 tough games left to play. Now winning that game (who is against SA) does change the thought process.

My overall point was the 1 seed is the most important thing and since SA is so close they should worry about that first.

Vee-Rex
03-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Good chance they lose both @Spurs, and will likely lose 2 of the rest. 71-72 feels like the most likely outcome. Blew it with the LAL loss. Craziest part is that after this is all said and done, they may not enter the playoffs with HCA.

I say this is a very reasonable expectation, but I get the feeling they're gonna beat them twice in San Antonio. The Dubs are simply an unstoppable force with no immovable object in play. As important as HCA can be, it's simply not enough when the Dubs are rolling.

Dubs>>>>>>>Spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest of league.

Lakers + Giants
03-08-2016, 03:42 PM
They're lucky they dont play us again.

kdspurman
03-08-2016, 04:16 PM
I say this is a very reasonable expectation, but I get the feeling they're gonna beat them twice in San Antonio. The Dubs are simply an unstoppable force with no immovable object in play. As important as HCA can be, it's simply not enough when the Dubs are rolling.

Dubs>>>>>>>Spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest of league.

It'll be interesting, I think SA has won like 19 straight reg season games against GS. They may have not lost at home against the Warriors at home since Duncan was drafted (not 100% sure) though GS did steal 1 in the playoffs a couple years ago.

I don't see them winning both, but it'll be fun to watch. I'm sure they'll go hard and the media will let them know how long it's been lol

Scoots
03-08-2016, 05:52 PM
It'll be interesting, I think SA has won like 19 straight reg season games against GS. They may have not lost at home against the Warriors at home since Duncan was drafted (not 100% sure) though GS did steal 1 in the playoffs a couple years ago.

I don't see them winning both, but it'll be fun to watch. I'm sure they'll go hard and the media will let them know how long it's been lol

?? The Warriors beat the Spurs earlier this season.

They may have a streak at SA though.

I still think the Spurs offer the biggest challenge to the Warriors.

Scoots
03-08-2016, 05:54 PM
They already are paying close attention to the minutes because Clark and Rush are getting more minutes then usual and so is McAdoo. That could be because Iggy is hurt though but I'd say Kerr is trying to get those guys minutes anyway.

I agree with you. All I'm saying is because the Spurs are so close they have to wait a lot longer then right now to know how they will handle situations at the end of the year. If they only have a 3.5 game lead when their final 4 games role around I'm not resting anyone that 78th game because they have 4 tough games left to play. Now winning that game (who is against SA) does change the thought process.

My overall point was the 1 seed is the most important thing and since SA is so close they should worry about that first.

If the Warriors have a 2 game lead with 4 to play and the Warriors lose both to the Spurs (I doubt it), and win the other 2 ... the Warriors STILL have HCA because they have the tie-breakers as long as the Warriors beat the Spurs this month.

kdspurman
03-08-2016, 05:55 PM
?? The Warriors beat the Spurs earlier this season.

They may have a streak at SA though.

I still think the Spurs offer the biggest challenge to the Warriors.

Yea that's what I meant, at home. Put it in my next sentence lol but see how it's unclear.

We'll see man. It's kinda intriguing seeing how the bottom half plays out re: seeding.

odiz
03-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Has to be noted that 14 of the last 20 are at home and we've won 45 in a row at home. 6 road games are Minnesota, Utah, Dallas, Memphis and SA x 2. Id say weve got a pretty good chance.

Jeffy25
03-08-2016, 11:57 PM

History has nothing to do with this season though.

Scoots
03-09-2016, 01:08 AM

That history is real to the players who have never beaten the Spurs in San Antonio.

kdspurman
03-09-2016, 09:04 AM

It doesnt. But SA has been pretty good at home this season.. I just wanted to point out that tidbit. It could happen, but idk if I can see them losing both at home. That's where the connection came from

Jay 20
03-09-2016, 09:19 AM
If the Warriors have a 2 game lead with 4 to play and the Warriors lose both to the Spurs (I doubt it), and win the other 2 ... the Warriors STILL have HCA because they have the tie-breakers as long as the Warriors beat the Spurs this month.

Right. These things have to happen though which is why it's too early to talk about resting players. If they lock up the number 1 seed, then by all means rest them.

Scoots
03-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Right. These things have to happen though which is why it's too early to talk about resting players. If they lock up the number 1 seed, then by all means rest them.

Nah, they should rest players when the players need rest because injuries increase with too much fatigue and an injury is worse than a loss.

Jay 20
03-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Nah, they should rest players when the players need rest because injuries increase with too much fatigue and an injury is worse than a loss.

Good point. I do agree with that. Don't need injuries, so hopefully the players are honest with Kerr if they feel they need a night off.

Scoots
03-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Good point. I do agree with that. Don't need injuries, so hopefully the players are honest with Kerr if they feel they need a night off.

They have data, the training staff tells Kerr when the players need rest. They don't need to talk to the players anymore.

kobe4thewinbang
03-09-2016, 01:30 PM
It would be nice for them to break the record as soon as possible because Curry sat out the other night and that doesn't bode well for getting caught up in fluff as opposed to focusing on winning times. That damn ankle might bite him in the ***. And I can't believe they were 4-30 from 3 that game. Lakers must've put on a new rim or something because it's not like Curry and Klay have bad shooting forms. It makes me wonder how much luck goes into all those crazy shots Curry takes or his shots in general if that's the case.