ewing
03-06-2016, 01:26 PM
who makes the playoffs?

cubyfan07
03-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Bulls - only because they are starting to get healthy

Sofnr
03-06-2016, 03:09 PM
If the Bulls can actually stay healthy now I think they finish 6-8. Whether or not they can stay healthy is questionable.

Blink
03-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Detroit won't make it.

We suck.

europagnpilgrim
03-06-2016, 03:56 PM
8Pistons
9Bulls
10Wizards

business wise It would be better for nba to get Chicago in but matchup wise it would be better to see Detroit face Cavs first round

zn23
03-06-2016, 04:00 PM
If Bulls stay healthy, they make it.

KnicksorBust
03-06-2016, 04:28 PM
I don't necessarily think the Pacers and Hornets have locked up their spots.

LanceUpperCut
03-06-2016, 05:41 PM
Bulls are the best of the three.

KG2TB
03-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Hopefully not the Bulls.

effen5
03-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Bulls won't win 41 games

IndyRealist
03-06-2016, 10:18 PM

I objectively think the Pacers have already bottomed out and are starting to recover. PG's starting to play up to his reputation, and having Rodney Stuckey back from injury helps a TON as a secondary ballhandler (so Paul George isn't).

Without MKG I think this is about as good as the Hornets get, but they're well coached, play D, and have a really light schedule remaining. I seriously doubt they drop out.

ewing
03-06-2016, 10:19 PM

wasn't saying it would only one would. Was asking who do you think is in out of the 3. I'd like to see the Bulls and Pistons both make it. I haven't really thought hard about this though.

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2016, 04:08 AM
If the Bulls can stay healthy... tale as old as time.
But I'm going with the Bulls, with Jimmy Butler coming back. They're a fairly front-loaded but stout team, led by two all-stars and a former MVP.

Shammyguy3
03-13-2016, 03:08 PM
The battle for the 8th seed is coming down to the Pistons, Wizards, and our Bulls.

Detroit 34-32
Chicago 32-32
Washington 30-35

Here are the remaining schedules
DET: @WAS, ATL, SAC, BRK, MIL, ORL, CHA, ATL, OKC, DAL, @CHI, @MIA, @ORL, WAS, MIA, @CLE
sixteen games left, with 11 at home including a 9-game homestand

CHI: @TOR, @WAS, BRK, UTA, SAC, NYK, @NYK, @ORL, ATL, @IND, @HOU, DET, @MIL, @MEM, CLE, @NOP, PHI
eighteen games left, with 10 on the road

WAS: DET, CHI, @PHI, NYK, @ATL, ATL, MIN, @LAL, @GSW, @SAC, @PHO, @LAC, BRK, @DET, CHA, @BRK, ATL
seventeen games left, with 9 on the road including a 5-game road stretch

To me, there's about a 25% chance the Bulls make the playoffs. Checking the Pistons schedule out, they don't necessarily have an easy schedule but most of their games are at home. And they've just played far better on both ends than the Bulls or the Wizards have.

just posted this in the Bulls' forum

MonroeFAN
03-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Pistons are currently a game up and have a favorable schedule.

I like our chances. Won't get my hopes up yet.

phantasyyy
03-14-2016, 02:34 PM
I objectively think the Pacers have already bottomed out and are starting to recover. PG's starting to play up to his reputation, and having Rodney Stuckey back from injury helps a TON as a secondary ballhandler (so Paul George isn't).

Without MKG I think this is about as good as the Hornets get, but they're well coached, play D, and have a really light schedule remaining. I seriously doubt they drop out.

Normally he would make a difference but seeing as how he pretty much hasn't played all season - save a few games- the surge their on now will be sustainable. Walker is playing phenomenal and I think deadline deal for Lee was huge for them in terms of spacing and providing much needed 3 point shooting for them. They've also gotten Jefferson to buy into a 6-man role so I see them holding their spot.

I'd even throw the Pacers into this quartet of making the last two spots but out of the 4 I think they do have the best possible change to snag one of those play off spots.

They've got:
16 Games: Boston, Raptors, OKC, 76ers, Pelicans, @Nets, Rockets, Bulls, Magic, @76ers, @Knicks, Cavs, @Raptors, Nets, Knicks, @Bucks - 11 Home games, 5 away.
bolded = over .500/close to it. =7 games

Detroit has 11 games against opponents over.500 or close to it
Chicago has 8 games against opponents over.500 or close to it
Washington has 9 games against opponents over.500 or close to it

I included these 4 teams as part of the over .500.

With that said I think if Chicago can get Jimmy back healthy soon enough they'll get that 8th seed otherwise Detroit makes it with their home stand despite playing the most games over .500

ewing
03-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Pistons are currently a game up and have a favorable schedule.

I like our chances. Won't get my hopes up yet.

I'm pulling for ya. I remember before the season me and you said Reggie Jackson could be as valuable as John Wall this year

phantasyyy
03-14-2016, 02:59 PM
I'm pulling for ya. I remember before the season me and you said Reggie Jackson could be as valuable as John Wall this year

Reggie Jackson has been amazing this year. I'll eat crow on him as I said that extension was a bit ridiculous last year but he has been producing and a great asset to build around. Biggest shock has been his improvement with the 3 ball.

72 Wins
03-14-2016, 03:48 PM
If the Bulls can stay healthy and play with some consistently, I hope they can grab that 8th seed. As a fan of the game, I would love to see the Bulls and Cavs series. Do I think the Bulls will go anywhere? No, but the long standing rivalry between both teams will make things interesting.

MonroeFAN
03-14-2016, 06:29 PM

Thanks brother, remember it well.