PDA

View Full Version : Sources: LeBron Could Leave Cleveland

Pages : [1] 2

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Stephen A. Smith Says Sources Have Told Him LeBron James Could Leave Cleveland

LINK (http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2016/03/05/stephen-a-smiths-sources-say-lebron-james-could-leave-cleveland-after-the-season/)

Kush McDaniels
03-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Blah blah blah

PeanutPunch33
03-05-2016, 01:04 PM
LeBron is so funny, guy really wants the easiest path to the finals

Gander13SM
03-05-2016, 01:13 PM
This guy...

WaDe03
03-05-2016, 01:13 PM
He'll be back in Miami next year. Kind of ****** though because if he would've stayed we would've beat the Warriors last year.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-05-2016, 01:18 PM
I can see him leaving but this is SAS we area talking about here.

WaDe03
03-05-2016, 01:22 PM
I can see him leaving but this is SAS we area talking about here.

He was right about 2010 though. He claims to be close to Wade and LeBron and apparently his sources are very close to LeBron. That Cavs team has no chance of winning and LeBron knows it. I think this will be the first year in awhile LeBron doesn't make the finals.

hugepatsfan
03-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Lebron to the Celtics!!

Purch
03-05-2016, 01:52 PM
He was right about 2010 though. He claims to be close to Wade and LeBron and apparently his sources are very close to LeBron. That Cavs team has no chance of winning and LeBron knows it. I think this will be the first year in awhile LeBron doesn't make the finals.

Lmao, I'd bet you anything the Cavs make the finals. This is just a typical overreaction to the cavs slumping after all star break. They"re easily the best team in the east. It's an even bigger gap if Lebron recovers his jumper

TrueFan420
03-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Hahahahahah

Wade n Fade
03-05-2016, 01:53 PM
I would welcome him back to Miami. Cleveland is like the old gf that you know is awful, but you want to go back to her for some odd reason. Being a GM ain't easy, huh Bron? Leave it to Riley/Ellsburg to do their work and they can put together another contender. Bosh, Wade, LeBron, JJ, Dragic, Whiteside would be a scary group w/ JJ being the 6th man.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Miami isn't that attractive of a place now. Bosh is a unknown health wise with blood clots. Wade on wrong side of 30. Dragic average at best and over paid on super max deal. Whiteside could bolt for more money also is a knucklehead. Only bright side is Winslow on rookie scale contract. But maybe LeBron comes back to Miami and plays GM and has Winslow traded for some old guy. lol Also LeBron is no spring chicken either. Window is closing fast for him. Personally if I was Miami I would of pulled a Boston and unloaded all the old stars for picks. Traded Wade last contract. Sign and trade Bosh before his new deal and health problems.

Scoots
03-05-2016, 02:11 PM
SAS is happy to be LeBron's puppet ... this is probably just to put more pressure on the team.

The Heat with LeBron would have won over Warriors last year? Without Bosh and Wade on one leg? I doubt it.

WaDe03
03-05-2016, 02:18 PM
SAS is happy to be LeBron's puppet ... this is probably just to put more pressure on the team.

The Heat with LeBron would have won over Warriors last year? Without Bosh and Wade on one leg? I doubt it.

Wades want been on one leg since 2014. He's healthier and in better shape than I've seen him since the first year of the big 3 right now. It was LeBron vs the Warriors last year and he took them to 6. Throw in Wade dragic and Whiteside and he wins that series. Nothing against the Warriors they just played really bad that series in my opinion.

FOXHOUND
03-05-2016, 02:19 PM

I agree, I feel like this rumor and his recent behavior (Miami trip and tweets) have all been a move to pressure the organization to not get complacent. Wouldn't be surprised to see Irving or Love traded this summer, but really it would make them better if they just got a more balanced haul and went with a star duo over their current mismatched trio.

WaDe03
03-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Miami isn't that attractive of a place now. Bosh is a unknown health wise with blood clots. Wade on wrong side of 30. Dragic average at best and over paid on super max deal. Whiteside could bolt for more money also is a knucklehead. Only bright side is Winslow on rookie scale contract. But maybe LeBron comes back to Miami and plays GM and has Winslow traded for some old guy. lol Also LeBron is no spring chicken either. Window is closing fast for him. Personally if I was Miami I would of pulled a Boston and unloaded all the old stars for picks. Traded Wade last contract. Sign and trade Bosh before his new deal and health problems.

Thank god you're not making the decisions for Miami.

DboneG
03-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Just keeping "that guy" that owns like half of downtown Detroit and that also help collapse the economy with all those garbage loans back in 2008 on his toes. That's all.... "I'M THE KING!!!" King Kong ain't.....nothing on me!

They didn't keep my boy, Kendrick Perkins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/report--cavs--highly-pissed--perkins-wasn-t-re-signed-in-offseason-034813525.html

Get rid of David Blatt..."Nobody's listening to this guy, he's in over his head, with these dumb azz plays" OK!
"Now get me Mark Jackson!" Nothing.
I asked them to get Joe Johnson, or Kevin Martin...nothing.
I told them we need a enforcer/defender. Nothing!
NOW THEY ARE DOING THINGS WITHOUT MY APPROVAL.
Ok, I'll let them know who's tha boss!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-05-2016, 02:25 PM

Well enjoy the old timers while rest of the east gets stronger and younger.

BKLYNpigeon
03-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Barring injury, With the rise of the Warriors; Lebron won't win another championship.

Wade n Fade
03-05-2016, 02:29 PM

That guy hasn't watched Heat basketball recently. Miami, since adding JJ, has looked very good offensively and defensively. Sure, we aren't at full strength, but our team is playing closer than ever. Deng looks so much more comfortable at the 4 too. I would want to bring him back if LeBron comes back to play for us. That's also assuming Wade and Whiteside take less $.

PG: Dragic/Richardson/Tyler Johnson
SG: Wade/Winslow/Lee
SF: LeBron/JJ/Green
PF: Bosh/Deng/UD
C: Whiteside/Amare/Pachulia

That would be an optimal situation really. But knowing how the market works, it would be Miami's Big Three reuniting to form a Big 4 w/ Whiteside if he can take less $ and Miami can fill the rest of the gaps with role players. Deng would be tough to keep here especially with his resurgence and potential to take more $ elsewhere. If not, we could trade Dragic and then try to add Gasol. It's a fun hypothetical with the "LeBron to Miami stuff" heating up.

Wade n Fade
03-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Well enjoy the old timers while rest of the east gets stronger and younger.

Old timers? Pretty sure that Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson, Justise Winslow, and Whiteside aren't old timers.

jimm120
03-05-2016, 02:38 PM
The reality is that Irving doesn't want to be there (was looking for a way out before Lebron signed and was in that Jimmy Butler situation with the contract). Love doesn't like it there (third wheel and all).

WaDe03
03-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Stronger and younger like the Bucks? What happened to that preseason prediction lol. That team is garbage and Monroe was a god awful pick up and a terrible teammate. I've watched 2 Bucks games and both times I've seen Monroe cussing out Middleton or refusing to shake his hand. Good luck with that. I can also tell you haven't watched the heat in awhile because your comments are far off from the truth.

DboneG
03-05-2016, 02:40 PM
The Cavs will win it all this year.

Then, Bron Bron could go back to Miami, and take the Heat to the Finals. A show of his greatness. So, yes, he could opt-out of his contract and leave during the summer. Mo money, mo money.

Vee-Rex
03-05-2016, 02:50 PM
The reality is that Irving doesn't want to be there (was looking for a way out before Lebron signed and was in that Jimmy Butler situation with the contract). Love doesn't like it there (third wheel and all).

???

Kyrie signed a max deal before he was even into the last year of his contract, and called all those rumors BS. Those rumors only cropped up because the team was losing and his contract was coming to an end. The same thing happens to every single star player ever. This was all before the Lebron to Cleveland gained heavy momentum (I remember it like it was yesterday).

The people believing every single article/comment are the puppets. Reminds me of the idiots that ruin their cars because of the "put anti-freeze in your engine to keep it from freezing this winter" memes on facebook.

phantasyyy
03-05-2016, 02:50 PM
That guy hasn't watched Heat basketball recently. Miami, since adding JJ, has looked very good offensively and defensively. Sure, we aren't at full strength, but our team is playing closer than ever. Deng looks so much more comfortable at the 4 too. I would want to bring him back if LeBron comes back to play for us. That's also assuming Wade and Whiteside take less $.

PG: Dragic/Richardson/Tyler Johnson
SG: Wade/Winslow/Lee
SF: LeBron/JJ/Green
PF: Bosh/Deng/UD
C: Whiteside/Amare/Pachulia

That would be an optimal situation really. But knowing how the market works, it would be Miami's Big Three reuniting to form a Big 4 w/ Whiteside if he can take less $ and Miami can fill the rest of the gaps with role players. Deng would be tough to keep here especially with his resurgence and potential to take more $ elsewhere. If not, we could trade Dragic and then try to add Gasol. It's a fun hypothetical with the "LeBron to Miami stuff" heating up.

Not enough ball or $ to go around for that roster lmao.

cheetos185
03-05-2016, 03:17 PM
Lebron can be 10th guy off bench for GSW sign vet min collect all the rings he want lol.

Wade n Fade
03-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Not enough ball or $ to go around for that roster lmao.

Realistically, if LeBron comes back, Dragic or Whiteside are gone. Deng will probably want more $ with his rise in play than the Heat could offer him. I can see Miami's "Big 4" being Wade/Bosh/Gasol/LeBron though. The rest of the parts are interchangeable excluding JJ/Winslow/Johnson/Richardson. I really hope Amare can come back next season.

phantasyyy
03-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Realistically, if LeBron comes back, Dragic or Whiteside are gone. Deng will probably want more $ with his rise in play than the Heat could offer him. I can see Miami's "Big 4" being Wade/Bosh/Gasol/LeBron though. The rest of the parts are interchangeable excluding JJ/Winslow/Johnson/Richardson. I really hope Amare can come back next season.

Tbh it wouldnt really make much sense for a return if Whiteside wasnt apart of that team. The C spot was the weaklink of the roster itself and pretty much the missing piece from a pro-longed run with Miami's Big 3. Its pretty much a downgrade from the team he left in 2014. With Wade being a couple years older, Bosh dealing with his blood clots, no PG that can consistently stretch the floor and play D.

Bron leaving(again) for he Heat prior to winning a Chip for Cleveland would pretty much be the decision all over again even if he notifes Cleveland prior so they can get a haul for him.

KingCanada
03-05-2016, 03:29 PM
He wants easy most likely trying to play for the Warriors

Aust
03-05-2016, 03:31 PM

Yep, I agree with the pressure. Would be hilarious if he left though.

Bostonjorge
03-05-2016, 03:39 PM
I hope James does leave the Cavs for the good of the game. Who wants to see GS beat Cleveland in the finals 3 strait seasons in a row?

jason
03-05-2016, 03:40 PM
He'll be back in Miami next year. Kind of ****** though because if he would've stayed we would've beat the Warriors last year.

Yea ok lol...

It would be crazy if he left again and would get even more hate

ewing
03-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Old timers? Pretty sure that Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson, Justise Winslow, and Whiteside aren't old timers.

come on Jason Richardson is pretty old

mavwar53
03-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Is the possibility of this really shocking to anyone? LBJ is all about finding already established good to great player to play with to win. I think he makes players better but evidence seems to be pointing in a different direction when it comes to making a championship team, there is always an excuse or a player/coach that is the reason LBJ doesn't win, rarely the fact that he just doesn't finish the job himself.

I'm not a LBJ hater, I just think he is too much business and doesn't have enough fun and is unrelatable which forces his own teammates to despise him to a certain extent and creates conflict.

Sofnr
03-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Of course he could leave Cleveland. He doesn't owe them anything. But i don't think he will. I also think listening to anything Stephen A Smith says is a pretty bad idea. He generally has no clue what he's talking about. I don't see why he'd bolt for Miami unless he just loves the life there. This current Miami squad isn't the team to join if he wants another title. They certainly don't give him a better shot against the Warriors. He's better off where he is. The chances of Lebron leaving the Cavs next year to join a Heat team with possibly no Bosh, and a crippled Wade are about 0% imo.

CHANGO
03-05-2016, 04:22 PM
LMAO at people believing SAS

Raps18-19 Champ
03-05-2016, 04:23 PM

And, this is still SAS, who has been bashed plenty of times by players (this year alone) for not knowing what he's talking about. Who cares if he was right about 2010? He made like 20 other claims well before then, even saying there was a chance Lebron goes to Greek for $50 mil a year.

And Cavs are much better equipped to contend than the Heat are.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-05-2016, 04:28 PM
This is BS.

europagnpilgrim
03-05-2016, 04:50 PM

if so why did he re up after 07' for three yrs?

if so why didn't he highjack the draft and specifically say I want to go to this top tier contender like a francis or to a lesser hidden degree kobe bean? the easiest path talk could be used for all the contenders in history of the game since they all had a stacked advantage for the most part, now that James is rich isn't only right that he gets richer? like the old saying

europagnpilgrim
03-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Yea ok lol...

It would be crazy if he left again and would get even more hate

more hate from the same Cleveland fanbase that burned his jerseys then turned around and re purchased it? that's sour grapes hate, media driven if to fuel the Cleveland fire, nobody didn't care where a free agent chose to land outside of the team he burned, truth

shep33
03-05-2016, 04:56 PM
He ain't going nowhere

europagnpilgrim
03-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Is the possibility of this really shocking to anyone? LBJ is all about finding already established good to great player to play with to win. I think he makes players better but evidence seems to be pointing in a different direction when it comes to making a championship team, there is always an excuse or a player/coach that is the reason LBJ doesn't win, rarely the fact that he just doesn't finish the job himself.

I'm not a LBJ hater, I just think he is too much business and doesn't have enough fun and is unrelatable which forces his own teammates to despise him to a certain extent and creates conflict.

this is what his 13th season? how is getting old man Diesel and keeping Hickson and riding with a younger Mo Will about finding established good to great players? Diesel was the man in Orland and LA but wasn't the same as a dominant factor and now since season 8 a five year span brings you to the conclusion that he wants to find established good to great players to win with? what about learning the first 7 years and figuring it out that having a real good team is better than a 1 man squad, or does that only apply to certain players?

aman_13
03-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I think it is premature to jump to the conclusion LeBron is leaving because of the last few weeks. I also do not know if Stephen A has as good of sources as he thinks he has but I don't know.

Anyway, why would he leave Cleveland? If he isn't satisfied then Cleveland could potentially make some moves to satisfy him. The salary cap is going through the roof next year so it's not impossible to bring in guys LeBron would want.

Leaving would bring so much more hate it's not like he hasn't won a championship yet. I still believe his number one goal is winning a championship for Cleveland.

Dade County
03-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Not happening & if so stay away from Miami.

jeter 2
03-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Here would be my list if he leaves:

1. Golden State-Best team of all time???
2. Miami- History, Pat Riley, Dwyane Wade but are they too old.
3. Chicago-Rose, Butler, Lebron, Gibson and Gasol would be nasty. I just don't think it's better than what he has in the Land. Debatable though.
4. New York- Play with a friend. New York offers him a big market and a chance to be bigger than he ever was in Miami and Cleveland. Porzingis could break out next year. This is a little bit of a reach but he could still form a solid big 3 in New York.

AllBall
03-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Don't want him. He can go make a circus show on some other team.

jerellh528
03-05-2016, 05:43 PM
He's not leaving, especially after the letter and getting one for the land.

eDush
03-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Here would be my list if he leaves:

1. Golden State-Best team of all time???
2. Miami- History, Pat Riley, Dwyane Wade but are they too old.
3. Chicago-Rose, Butler, Lebron, Gibson and Gasol would be nasty. I just don't think it's better than what he has in the Land. Debatable though.
4. New York- Play with a friend. New York offers him a big market and a chance to be bigger than he ever was in Miami and Cleveland. Porzingis could break out next year. This is a little bit of a reach but he could still form a solid big 3 in New York.

If he wants to come to GS, he can't be our 4, only our 3 whether he likes it or not. Those are the term if he wants a to be a part of our special team that will make dynasty like no other team. Join us if you want to win :nod:

WaDe03
03-05-2016, 06:16 PM
And, this is still SAS, who has been bashed plenty of times by players (this year alone) for not knowing what he's talking about. Who cares if he was right about 2010? He made like 20 other claims well before then, even saying there was a chance Lebron goes to Greek for $50 mil a year.

And Cavs are much better equipped to contend than the Heat are.

People are sleeping on the heat I see. LeBron on this heat team is head and shoulders better than the Cavs with LeBron. We would be better than we were his first stint if he came back.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-05-2016, 06:25 PM
People are sleeping on the heat I see. LeBron on this heat team is head and shoulders better than the Cavs with LeBron. We would be better than we were his first stint if he came back.

Until Wade's knees collapse and Bosh has another blootclot midseason.

mike_noodles
03-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Could? Grow a pair and get off the fence.

The world could end tomorrow.

beasted86
03-05-2016, 07:13 PM

Like someone else already said, good thing you aren't making decisions. It's also weird that you assume LeBron would be playing GM in Miami when that clearly happened the first time, right?

You also believed that the Bucks were making the playoffs this year, so your judgement is definitely foolproof.

Hopefully one day people will wake up and realize that giving up is not the only answer. Though it seems this is culturally embedded in Americans... "just tank" "just get a divorce" "just file bankruptcy" "just let the bank foreclose on us" "just get a gastric bypass". It's like those old Staples commercials where everyone wants the Easy button.

jeter 2
03-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Like someone else already said, good thing you aren't making decisions. It's also weird that you assume LeBron would be playing GM in Miami when that clearly happened the first time, right?

You also believed that the Bucks were making the playoffs this year, so your judgement is definitely foolproof.

Hopefully one day people will wake up and realize that giving up is not the only answer. Though it seems this is culturally embedded in Americans... "just tank" "just get a divorce" "just file bankruptcy" "just let the bank foreclose on us" "just get a gastric bypass". It's like those old Staples commercials where everyone wants the Easy button.

I think a lot of people are going to disagree with me. Next season, Porzingis will be big enough at times to play the 5. If the Knicks trade RoLo for a solid, fast point guard like a Jeff Teague. You put Teague, Affalo, Melo, Lebron and Godzingis. That's team that can play with Golden State.

Miami is old. Wade is up there but he's still good. Bosh has serious health issues. Those would be my 2 concerns for Miami. I don't think they have enough shooting to compete with Golden State. You need 3 point shooting to win and Lebron thrives with shooting. The only shooter they would have is Dragic.

beasted86
03-05-2016, 07:21 PM
For the record, I don't want LeBron back.

Without him it's forced Riley and Spo into internal development and draft mode, when before they were leaning too heavily on free agency and old vets.

Just over these 2 years they've picked up Whiteside, Johnson, and Richardson from thin air almost. This is the type of internal organic growth that keeps us solid that I want to see continue.

With LeBron the window is too short and he's to demanding and would force their hand back into old-steady-vet mode to keep egos in check and make everyone happy about role and pecking order.

beasted86
03-05-2016, 07:31 PM
I think a lot of people are going to disagree with me. Next season, Porzingis will be big enough at times to play the 5. If the Knicks trade RoLo for a solid, fast point guard like a Jeff Teague. You put Teague, Affalo, Melo, Lebron and Godzingis. That's team that can play with Golden State.

Miami is old. Wade is up there but he's still good. Bosh has serious health issues. Those would be my 2 concerns for Miami. I don't think they have enough shooting to compete with Golden State. You need 3 point shooting to win and Lebron thrives with shooting. The only shooter they would have is Dragic.
Dragić is not a shooter, he's a slasher.

Anyway, I'm not debating otherwise. If you want him in New York, good for you. I don't even want him here so why would I contest whether Miami is a better fit vs anywhere else?

But If you are asking me, no, I don't think that team is a contender in any stretch of the imagination.

It would be a good fit for his brand though going to New York. Tons of marketing and endorsements at the end of his career and you guys have enough loud mouths to drown out any criticism from outsiders.

Bostonjorge
03-05-2016, 07:59 PM
I think lebron is done winning championships as the main option. He's not a player you plug in and expect to win it all anymore. Portland a playoff team without James is still only a playoff team with James. Same with Memphis, Heat, Indy, Atlanta ect.... All playoff teams with or without James and not enough to take down the top 3 teams out west.

WaDe03
03-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Until Wade's knees collapse and Bosh has another blootclot midseason.

Wade looks as healthy as he's been since 2011. You have a point with Bosh he may go down but who knows he may also be back soon and the way he's tweeting and talking about it it sounds like he will be. Regardless were better now then we were with him. That's not because of Bosh its because of a faster pace. If Bosh comes back he'll start at the 5 and we'll be even better. Both are better than anyone on the Cavs not named LeBron. He'll Hassan has been better than anyone on the Cavs not named LeBron this season. Throw in Dragic Joe Justise Deng and even Tyler Johnson and Josh Richardson and I don't see how this is even a debate.

mrblisterdundee
03-05-2016, 08:56 PM
I agree, I feel like this rumor and his recent behavior (Miami trip and tweets) have all been a move to pressure the organization to not get complacent. Wouldn't be surprised to see Irving or Love traded this summer, but really it would make them better if they just got a more balanced haul and went with a star duo over their current mismatched trio.

If they got the right players, it could work. While Kyrie Irving can probably fit long-term with LeBron James, Kevin Love is not a good fit.
Boston seems to want Kevin Love, so I'd try to set up a trade with them. How about Amir Johnson, Evan Turner and a nice first-round pick for Love? Neither Johnson nor Turner approach Love's talent level, but they would fit better. The pick could be protected to an amount the sides agree on.

mrblisterdundee
03-05-2016, 08:57 PM

If they got the right players, it could work. While Kyrie Irving can probably fit long-term with LeBron James, Kevin Love is not a good fit.
Boston seems to want Kevin Love, so I'd try to set up a trade with them. How about Amir Johnson or Kelly Olynyk, Evan Turner and a nice first-round pick for Love? Neither Johnson nor Turner approach Love's talent level, but they would fit better. The pick could be protected to an amount the sides agree on.

J_M_B
03-05-2016, 09:24 PM
LeBron cares what people think of him, he isn't going anywhere.

hugepatsfan
03-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Boston seems to want Kevin Love, so I'd try to set up a trade with them. How about Amir Johnson or Kelly Olynyk, Evan Turner and a nice first-round pick for Love? Neither Johnson nor Turner approach Love's talent level, but they would fit better. The pick could be protected to an amount the sides agree on.

They can get much, much better than that for Love. And I don't think CLE should trade with Boston. BOS is their 2nd biggest competitor in the East right now (could argue they're ahead of TOR but also could argue they're behind MIA so it's somewhere between 1st-3rd biggest). If you're CLE, why help make them better?

hotdalton18
03-05-2016, 09:28 PM

Dragic/Tyler Johnson
Wade/Joe Johnson
Bron/Winslow
Bosh/McRoberts
Whiteside/Amar'e

That's impressive wether bosh goes down again or not lol

kobe4thewinbang
03-05-2016, 09:34 PM
LeBron is not leaving Miami. It would destroy his reputation and he is likely going to stay with the Cavaliers until he wins a championship, and even then he will probably stay there until he retires, which I don't see being as faraway as people think.

More-Than-Most
03-05-2016, 09:51 PM
If he was smart he would go... cavs have no shot with the team they have... pieces dont fit and the warriors are just way too good

eDush
03-05-2016, 10:41 PM
If he was smart he would go... cavs have no shot with the team they have... pieces dont fit and the warriors are just way too good Love had a big game tonight as the Cavs destroyed the C's by almost 40 points after being down 18 early on. I can see why Ainge wanted Love so badly :nod:

naps
03-05-2016, 11:21 PM
It doesn't matter where he goes. No team can beat this warriors in a 7 game series. I mean may be someone can but it's highly unlikely. Warriors shooting is crazy. They can field 5 players and all 5 can knockdown threes at a respectable clip. Just impossible to contain as a team.

ewing
03-05-2016, 11:42 PM
If he was smart he would go... cavs have no shot with the team they have... pieces dont fit and the warriors are just way too good

yeah, we really need a computer or something that make the perfect LeBron fit players so he true greatest can be realized. M I RITE :jumpy:

Corey
03-06-2016, 12:06 AM
Love had a big game tonight as the Cavs destroyed the C's by almost 40 points after being down 18 early on. I can see why Ainge wanted Love so badly :nod:

The Cavs won by 17. And it was a 10 point game late. And the refs were TERRIBLE. And Olynyk is injured.

Almost 40 points? Yikes.

More-Than-Most
03-06-2016, 12:45 AM
Love had a big game tonight as the Cavs destroyed the C's by almost 40 points after being down 18 early on. I can see why Ainge wanted Love so badly :nod:

the regular season is irrelevant... they wont stand a snowballs chance with this team against the warriors or the spurs.

More-Than-Most
03-06-2016, 12:47 AM
yeah, we really need a computer or something that make the perfect LeBron fit players so he true greatest can be realized. M I RITE :jumpy:

More bron hate... its the same as people declaring this the most stacked team in basketball b4 the season started just so when it fails they could hate... this team just isnt a good fit and they are now stuck in cap hell and james would be smart to take his talent elsewhere.... He wont do it but he should.

Dade County
03-06-2016, 01:24 AM

I'm sorry, I cant tell if you are joking.

Love scored 10pts on 1-6 shooting against the C's.

ewing
03-06-2016, 02:17 AM
More bron hate... its the same as people declaring this the most stacked team in basketball b4 the season started just so when it fails they could hate... this team just isnt a good fit and they are now stuck in cap hell and james would be smart to take his talent elsewhere.... He wont do it but he should.

i know how can you expect this guy to play PG that lets him be the primary play maker while still being an elite scorer and a big time stretch PF?

HandsOnTheWheel
03-06-2016, 02:31 AM
Lol

mrblisterdundee
03-06-2016, 02:44 AM
It doesn't matter where he goes. No team can beat this warriors in a 7 game series. I mean may be someone can but it's highly unlikely. Warriors shooting is crazy. They can field 5 players and all 5 can knockdown threes at a respectable clip. Just impossible to contain as a team.

If James joined the Spurs or Hawks, they could beat the Warriors.

nastynice
03-06-2016, 02:44 AM

Oh, I was thinking the opposite. I remember how the cavs got injured and threw out some new looks at us, kinda threw us off. I remember thinking damn, if lebron only woulda stayed in miami one more year, woulda been nice to sweep the finals

ewing
03-06-2016, 02:48 AM
maybe the problem isn't Bron's teammates?

nastynice
03-06-2016, 02:49 AM
LeBron is not leaving Miami. It would destroy his reputation and he is likely going to stay with the Cavaliers until he wins a championship, and even then he will probably stay there until he retires, which I don't see being as faraway as people think.

I don't know about this whole reputation thing, if the guy wants to leave then **** it, let him leave. As long as he doesn't do some kind of live decision nonsense, then who cares. Teams dump players all the time, I see nothing wrong with players doing it. If an organization is gonna hand lebron the keys and make him the top of the pyramid, allowing him to have final say on gm decisions, then that's that organizations fault.

eDush
03-06-2016, 03:02 AM
The Cavs won by 17. And it was a 10 point game late. And the refs were TERRIBLE. And Olynyk is injured.

Almost 40 points? Yikes.

I said after they were down by 18 so the margin is close to 40 from that point on to the end of the game. I should have been more clear :nod:

eDush
03-06-2016, 03:06 AM
I'm sorry, I cant tell if you are joking.

Love scored 10pts on 1-6 shooting against the C's.

I was being sarcastic which i don't seem to have the knack for but i get it down eventually :(

mrblisterdundee
03-06-2016, 03:12 AM
They can get much, much better than that for Love. And I don't think CLE should trade with Boston. BOS is their 2nd biggest competitor in the East right now (could argue they're ahead of TOR but also could argue they're behind MIA so it's somewhere between 1st-3rd biggest). If you're CLE, why help make them better?

Love's got a pretty low value right now. A top pick and two younger assets who fit better in Cleveland's lineup would be a decent package for the present and future.
If they don't want to trade with a rival, I would try to structure an offer to Utah based around Love for Favors. Utah could use Love's offense and passing next to Gobert, while Cleveland gets a much better defender at power forward who can switch to small-ball center.

TylerSL
03-06-2016, 03:48 AM
Well depending on where he goes it may actually help him win. Lebron has already cost himself two championships in his career with his 2011 Finals collapse and return to Cleveland last year. Don't tell me the Heat wouldn't have won last year if he had stayed because if he could push Golden State to a competitive 6 game series with THAT cast, he would have won with Wade, Gasol, and Whiteside on his team. We would have signed Pau Gasol if Lebron had stayed and we still would have found Whiteside. Cleveland still doesn't know how to put a good enough cast around him and lets him run rampant by disrespecting the entire coaching staff and organization.

Cleveland has practically crippled their flexibility long term, even when the cap explodes because they spent so much last offseason without even adding talent. Lets say Lebron opts out after the season just to sign another 1-year max contract (as he's done each of the last 2 seasons) he would make $29.3 million next season. That means Cleveland will spend $82 million on just Lebron, Love, Kyrie, and Tristan Thompson. Cleveland also has Iman Shumpert's $9.6 million, Channing Frye's $7.8 million, and J.R. Smith's $5.375 million on the books for next season, bringing their 16-17 payroll to over $103 million (when the cap will be $89) on just 8 players. If Lebron signs a 5 year max after next season in the summer of 2017 when the cap explodes again to $108 million (he WILL do this), he will make $35.6 million in 17-18, and the Cavaliers will spend $93.47 million on just Lebron, Kyrie, Love, and Tristan Thompson. Lebron refuses to play for anything less than max because he doesn't believe a player of his stature should accept less, and he's right. But because the Cavaliers already vastly over-paid both Love and Thompson, they won't have any flexibility. Unless Cleveland can trade Love or Thompson (something they seemingly have no intent to do) they will not be able to add the necessary talent to continue to improve. With Golden State and San Antonio already clearly better than Cleveland and the fact that over half the league will have significant cap room after the season, Lebron's days of competing for championships and being in the finals every year could be coming to an end. He's still the heavy favorite to make the finals this year and probably will be next year too (assuming he's still in Cleveland), but there is an end in sight. It's too late for him to come back to Miami with us having to pay Whiteside and take care of Wade to go along with Bosh/Dragic, but he should certainly keep his options open. It's a shame Lebron couldn't have stayed with us to continue his legacy of being the face of one of the greatest teams of all time, but because Cleveland's future is murky leaving should be on the table. That and the fact that their owner is a piece of ****. Leaving Miami will probably go down as the biggest mistake of his career. It's unfortunate, but it's his own fault.

WaDe03
03-06-2016, 06:06 AM
If James joined the Spurs or Hawks, they could beat the Warriors.

Or the Heat who are much better than the Hawks without LeBron as it is.

Munkeysuit
03-06-2016, 06:24 AM
Lebron James isn't going anywhere.

prodigy
03-06-2016, 06:42 AM
I would love for one of these sources to step up and give their name. LeBrons not going anywhere. he would destroy his legacy. I mean people already bash him big time.

True Sports Fan
03-06-2016, 10:47 AM

Because Stephen A Smith is a reliable source

True Sports Fan
03-06-2016, 10:59 AM
The Cavs will win it all this year.

Then, Bron Bron could go back to Miami, and take the Heat to the Finals. A show of his greatness. So, yes, he could opt-out of his contract and leave during the summer. Mo money, mo money.

Cavs can and will offer more money

Captain Moroni
03-06-2016, 11:42 AM

No one was beating the Warriors last year.

JasonJohnHorn
03-06-2016, 12:30 PM

Look... the guys says 20 different things a week. He's bound to be right about one of them. And lots of people said Miami.

Vee-Rex
03-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Well depending on where he goes it may actually help him win. Lebron has already cost himself two championships in his career with his 2011 Finals collapse and return to Cleveland last year. Don't tell me the Heat wouldn't have won last year if he had stayed because if he could push Golden State to a competitive 6 game series with THAT cast, he would have won with Wade, Gasol, and Whiteside on his team. We would have signed Pau Gasol if Lebron had stayed and we still would have found Whiteside. Cleveland still doesn't know how to put a good enough cast around him and lets him run rampant by disrespecting the entire coaching staff and organization.

Cleveland has practically crippled their flexibility long term, even when the cap explodes because they spent so much last offseason without even adding talent. Lets say Lebron opts out after the season just to sign another 1-year max contract (as he's done each of the last 2 seasons) he would make $29.3 million next season. That means Cleveland will spend $82 million on just Lebron, Love, Kyrie, and Tristan Thompson. Cleveland also has Iman Shumpert's $9.6 million, Channing Frye's $7.8 million, and J.R. Smith's $5.375 million on the books for next season, bringing their 16-17 payroll to over $103 million (when the cap will be $89) on just 8 players. If Lebron signs a 5 year max after next season in the summer of 2017 when the cap explodes again to $108 million (he WILL do this), he will make $35.6 million in 17-18, and the Cavaliers will spend $93.47 million on just Lebron, Kyrie, Love, and Tristan Thompson. Lebron refuses to play for anything less than max because he doesn't believe a player of his stature should accept less, and he's right. But because the Cavaliers already vastly over-paid both Love and Thompson, they won't have any flexibility. Unless Cleveland can trade Love or Thompson (something they seemingly have no intent to do) they will not be able to add the necessary talent to continue to improve. With Golden State and San Antonio already clearly better than Cleveland and the fact that over half the league will have significant cap room after the season, Lebron's days of competing for championships and being in the finals every year could be coming to an end. He's still the heavy favorite to make the finals this year and probably will be next year too (assuming he's still in Cleveland), but there is an end in sight. It's too late for him to come back to Miami with us having to pay Whiteside and take care of Wade to go along with Bosh/Dragic, but he should certainly keep his options open. It's a shame Lebron couldn't have stayed with us to continue his legacy of being the face of one of the greatest teams of all time, but because Cleveland's future is murky leaving should be on the table. That and the fact that their owner is a piece of ****. Leaving Miami will probably go down as the biggest mistake of his career. It's unfortunate, but it's his own fault.

There's not one team Cleveland has shown they cannot beat other than the one team that currently has the best record EVER after 60 games (55-5). Let that sink in for a bit.

They have a shot against the Spurs, especially if the Spurs have to beat GS (which would most likely go 7 games if they do) and be worn out.

If Cleveland win the title I'd probably get banned from here because I couldn't let all the hate slide lol.

ewing
03-06-2016, 01:29 PM
Guys love LeBron loves Clev. he left the Heat to come home. I mean didn't you guys read his letter? duh

MELO 15
03-06-2016, 01:48 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if he plays for the knicks, he's already helped one of his best friends win a title, and there were game last year when the knicks were losing LeBron would come to knicks games to support Melo, I think that he wants to help Melo win one in NY. With thibs and gasol being added to help them win.

A team of Galloway, Afflalo, l.Thomas, Melo, LBJ

Can match up well against curry, k. Thompson, Barnes, I Iggy, green

And if they want to go big Galloway, Afflalo, LBJ, Melo, Lopez

GS: Curry, klay, Barnes, green, bogut

eDush
03-06-2016, 02:05 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if he plays for the knicks, he's already helped one of his best friends win a title, and there were game last year when the knicks were losing LeBron would come to knicks games to support Melo, I think that he wants to help Melo win one in NY. With thibs and gasol being added to help them win.

A team of Galloway, Afflalo, l.Thomas, Melo, LBJ

Can match up well against curry, k. Thompson, Barnes, I Iggy, green

And if they want to go big Galloway, Afflalo, LBJ, Melo, Lopez

GS: Curry, klay, Barnes, green, bogut

Yes I can see it now where Lebron gown all the orders, bringing in his players, his coach as he would ignore Phil beloved triangle offense like old leather :laugh2:

In other words, it never gonna happen but why not have Melo waive his no trade clause so he can be traded for Love to a ship? :nod:

SteBO
03-06-2016, 02:53 PM
There's not one team Cleveland has shown they cannot beat other than the one team that currently has the best record EVER after 60 games (55-5). Let that sink in for a bit.

They have a shot against the Spurs, especially if the Spurs have to beat GS (which would most likely go 7 games if they do) and be worn out.

If Cleveland win the title I'd probably get banned from here because I couldn't let all the hate slide lol.
Take it from me, don't let the regular season fool you....the playoffs are a whole new ballgame and it's where the difference in coaching can become apparent. I do think the Cavs matchup better against the Spurs, but that isn't saying a whole lot. The Spurs are one of the very few teams that don't have to double LBJ and they play the same way GSW does. Only difference between them is the Warriors have the shooters to just devastate you. Spurs don't have quite that level of explosiveness (just based on what I see). But the Spurs have also proven out to be the better team.

Frankly, I'm not sure why people think the east is some foregone conclusion. Getting out of the east isn't guaranteed to them. They are the favorites though.

CardinalRed24
03-06-2016, 05:15 PM
If this egotistical maniac ever had the audacity to leave the city of Cleveland, Ohio once again his legacy would take a MAJOR hit. He better use a strong grip and grab his sack BC if he wants to further distinguish himself as one of the TRUE all time greats he best stay put, show loyalty, figure it out & damnit, make it happen. If He thinks he's the best in the league. put your foot down and take charge.

IKnowHoops
03-06-2016, 05:16 PM
maybe the problem isn't Bron's teammates?

Apparently you have no idea what there record is with Lebron vs without Lebron

Heck with Kyrie and Love without Bron, vs Without Kyrie and Love with Lebron.

At some point you just gotta come to the realization that Bron is the truth.

CardinalRed24
03-06-2016, 05:19 PM
Yes I can see it now where Lebron gown all the orders, bringing in his players, his coach as he would ignore Phil beloved triangle offense like old leather :laugh2:

In other words, it never gonna happen but why not have Melo waive his no trade clause so he can be traded for Love to a ship? :nod:

Melo may be a better fit, however I highly doubt he would be enough to get them over the hump.

ewing
03-06-2016, 06:41 PM

Are you a witness???

CHANGO
03-06-2016, 07:20 PM
LMFAO please keep posting this thread is comedy. :laugh:

TheNumber37
03-06-2016, 08:20 PM
No.

Ball_Out
03-06-2016, 08:33 PM

LEBRONS finals record determined THAT was a lie!!!

IKnowHoops
03-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Are you a witness???

We all are!!!
Submit!!!

IKnowHoops
03-06-2016, 09:43 PM

Wrong.

His overall resume confirms it. His final career statistical tally will cement it.

kobe4thewinbang
03-07-2016, 02:34 AM
No one was beating the Warriors last year.You know LeBron almost won like two or three games for the Cavs, right? Warriors won a lot of close ones that could've gone either way had a shot here or there fallen for LeBron and he hadn't been so gassed and had someone else actually made a shot (Shumpert, Smith, etc).

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2016, 03:09 AM
Or the Heat who are much better than the Hawks without LeBron as it is.

They're playing better right now, and Goran Dragic is becoming significant again, but I wouldn't go and say the Heat are better than the Hawks overall. Hassan Whiteside has come along great, but let's wait and see what happens to Chris Bosh, and whether mid-30s Dwyane Wade stays healthy through an entire season.
I just think James would fit perfectly on the Hawks. Imagine James surrounded by Teague, Korver, Milsap and Horford. Without James, the Hawks are already the second-best team at ball movement after Golden State. With him, they might be the best.

Mave1002
03-07-2016, 04:55 AM
Desperation personified. There goes his legacy.

TRIUMPHATOR
03-07-2016, 11:22 AM
I will preface this by saying I have no ill will towards Cleveland or thier fans - I wish they would take their baseball FO back though - but I digress.

That said, I would love to see this happen only to be witness to the most narcissistic career in sport today....possibly in recorded sports history.

Pop corn at the ready

Tony_Starks
03-07-2016, 11:42 AM
I don't really buy into the idea he'd be "ruining" his legacy at this point. He already broke his teams heart on live tv, ran to play with his peers, and is 2-6 in the Finals. So what exactly is there to ruin?

It's all about winning and losing at this point, the rest is all subjective.

The people that held him accountable for bailing the first time will call him on it again, the people that give him passes will give him another one if he leaves.

TRIUMPHATOR
03-07-2016, 11:49 AM
No chance anyone gives him a second pass unless they are fans of the team he ends up in.

You can't keep dictating your surroundings in sport (or anywhere in life) without people becoming aware of what type of person you really are or what your end game actually is. Excuses can only be made so many times.

Sofnr
03-07-2016, 12:04 PM
I'd be considered a Lebron hater by many. He's not my favorite guy. But i don't buy any of this legacy stuff. He doesn't owe Cleveland or any fans anything. He should go wherever he wants, what he feels is best for his career, and where he's most comfortable. Screw anybody who doesn't like it. For him it should be all about him. Why should he give a **** what the fans and the media think about him? Make your money, play a sport that you love, and try to enjoy it. If you are no longer enjoying your situation go somewhere else. I highly doubt he leaves Cleveland any time soon though. Not because he cares about legacy, but because he truly wants to win a title for Cleveland. Also Stephen A Smith is a horrible source of information. He doesn't have a clue. Any story coming from him is pretty much meaningless as has been proven time and again.

ewing
03-07-2016, 12:07 PM
No chance anyone gives him a second pass unless they are fans of the team he ends up in.

You can't keep dictating your surroundings in sport (or anywhere in life) without people becoming aware of what type of person you really are or what your end game actually is. Excuses can only be made so many times.

he's already done it twice. this would be the 3rd time he shirked responsibility and left a contending team

TRIUMPHATOR
03-07-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't think the attachment to Miami was anywhere near the same as his to Cleveland the 1st time, and no where near the return of the prodigal son this time.

If he opts out and leaves Cleveland again. It may be uglier than anything we've seen in any sport.

mngopher35
03-07-2016, 03:12 PM
I don't really buy into the idea he'd be "ruining" his legacy at this point. He already broke his teams heart on live tv, ran to play with his peers, and is 2-6 in the Finals. So what exactly is there to ruin?

It's all about winning and losing at this point, the rest is all subjective.

The people that held him accountable for bailing the first time will call him on it again, the people that give him passes will give him another one if he leaves.

He is a top 8 or so player of all time to most, he has plenty to "ruin". I defended him leaving Cleveland even if he did not think through the how. Mostly due to the ridiculous hate he got from some (many have no idea of the past nba teams and made it seem like a group starting bibby/Anthony somehow would be among the best teams ever created). Bringing up the finals record is always hilarious and shows your true understanding of individuals and their legacies (as if west or wilt have horrible legacies because they weren't on superior teams most of their careers like some).

Now he has talent and has rings as well, they may not be the best team or even top 2 but it is a much different group than when he left (when they dropped to bottom of the league immediately). So I would actually lose some respect if he ditched this time trying to join a top team even though I didn't before because the situation is different and context matters to most people. Same with durant if he left okc for gs, context matters.

Vinylman
03-07-2016, 03:19 PM
I would welcome him back to Miami. Cleveland is like the old gf that you know is awful, but you want to go back to her for some odd reason. Being a GM ain't easy, huh Bron? Leave it to Riley/Ellsburg to do their work and they can put together another contender. Bosh, Wade, LeBron, JJ, Dragic, Whiteside would be a scary group w/ JJ being the 6th man.

lets see ... in order

done
fading fast
beginning the decline
LOL
Hot Garbage
Headcase

Lets hope it happens

WaDe03
03-07-2016, 03:30 PM
lets see ... in order

done
fading fast
beginning the decline
LOL
Hot Garbage
Headcase

Lets hope it happens

Terrible post. No one knows about Bosh, Wade isn't fading fast, you're right about LeBron but let's not act like he isn't great and just coasting until the playoffs, Joe has been good since he came to Miami, Dragic and Whiteside have been great in the faster pace offense in their new roles. Go check the numbers since the all star break and since we got Joe and then come back and try again without making yourself look like a complete dumbass.

BKLYNpigeon
03-07-2016, 03:38 PM
don't judge him until he does leave.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Miami is at what $48M without options picked up and $50M with options next summer. So Whiteside would have to be signed first before anyone cause Miami doesn't have full Bird rights. Then LeBron would have to be signed next. Also LeBron on a super max of like what $30M or $35M per? Or even a one year deal. Then Wade gets scraps of like $10M or less. Yeah they can go over the cap to sign him. But then need to shed other players before trade deadline like McRoberts to get out of luxury tax. Doesn't include filling out rest of the roster. What's the starting price Whiteside can get? For the baby max? Doesn't it go by how many years he's been in the league?

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/projecting-2015-2016-max-salary-tiers/

Mentions $21M not sure if that's correct or not for Whiteside's starting salary. Might not be far fetched that Wade has to take a huge Dirk like discount. Since Dragic was over paid and Bosh is a unknown health wise. Also doesn't even include filling in a decent bench with all vet minimum contracts.

bucketss
03-07-2016, 05:10 PM
i doubt he leaves but i do believe he regrets leaving miami.

RowBTrice
03-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Miami fans back in love with LBJ just like that........lol.

Dade County
03-07-2016, 06:21 PM

You crazy

Vinylman
03-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Terrible post. No one knows about Bosh, Wade isn't fading fast, you're right about LeBron but let's not act like he isn't great and just coasting until the playoffs, Joe has been good since he came to Miami, Dragic and Whiteside have been great in the faster pace offense in their new roles. Go check the numbers since the all star break and since we got Joe and then come back and try again without making yourself look like a complete dumbass.

typical extrapolation of a favorable run during a favorable schedule... requote this in a month when wade gets hurt and they start fading again...

your delusional on what Miami is at this point even if Lebron went back... enjoy your continued middling

Vinylman
03-08-2016, 09:40 AM
The 5 game winning streak since joe Johnson got there is extremely impressive

lets see

2 wins against philly
beat phoenix
beat the knicks
beat Chicago

to summarize... beat one current playoff team projected to be an 8 seed

HOIST THE BANNER! THE HEAT ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WaDe03
03-08-2016, 11:08 AM
The 5 game winning streak since joe Johnson got there is extremely impressive

lets see

2 wins against philly
beat phoenix
beat the knicks
beat Chicago

to summarize... beat one current playoff team projected to be an 8 seed

HOIST THE BANNER! THE HEAT ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another great post by you. Keep it up man, what's your favorite team by the way?

TylerSL
03-08-2016, 12:11 PM

How is it hate to say that Cleveland has a murky future? Them not having cap flexibility when everybody else will is a fact. They don't have that flexibility because they vastly overpaid for Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, AND Iman Shumpert. They gave Love $113 million over 5 years when he should have only gotten around $80 million because he wasn't playing in the 4th quarter and he has never played defense. They gave 5/$82 million to a 10/10 player and 4/$40 million to someone who only knows how to play defense.

The Cavaliers have committed large portions of their cap to very limited players and they won't have cap to add talent in the future, unless someone takes less to play with them. While that could happen, players could also take less to play San Antonio, Golden State, Oklahoma City, and even Miami. Why should a very skilled player take less to go to Cleveland to play with Lebron when he's not the undisputed best player anymore and he has teammates that can only do so much, especially when they could take less to go to San Antonio and play for Pop or Golden State and play with Steph? One cannot assume that Cleveland will get good players to take less to come to Lebron in the manner in which they did when he was in Miami (Birdman/Battier/Ray Allen).

Again, Kevin Love basically stands behind the 3 point line and doesn't play defense. He has refused to change his game the way Bosh had to when Lebron was with us, yet he's making $19.5 million this year. Tristan Thompson is averaging 8 points, 9 rebounds/game and only gets 5.4 shots a game, yet he's being paid $14.2 million. Iman Shumpert is shooting .378/.311/.750 for a very impressive .475 TS%, yet he's making $9 million. None of those players are worth what they are making, and when you add their contracts to Lebron/Kyrie, it eats up all the cap. Cleveland is also going to pay a ton of taxes and you aren't even repeat offenders yet, good luck when that day comes. It's not hate for somebody to say the Cavaliers have a small window, it's a fact.

In the end I doubt Lebron leaves Cleveland, but I think by the time it's all over I think the vast consensus will be he made a terrible mistake going back. It's too late for him to ever return to Miami because we were forced to move on. Trading for Dragic ended any chance of him ever returning and we will have to eat into our cap to bring Whiteside back, so there is no room for Lebron to come back, and it's too late anyway. He's not the same player and I don't think everyone can just change for him again, at least to the same success. He was given every opportunity to succeed in Miami and everyone in the organization changed to fit his style of play, and he'll never have that in Cleveland. Kyrie's not going to do what Wade did and take a complete back seat, Kevin Love isn't going to commit to defense the way Bosh did, and the organization hasn't provided the flexibility to constantly improve every year. After his first year in Miami we added Norris Cole and Shane Battier, after his second we added Ray Allen and Chris Anderson. All Cleveland did last offseason was overpay to keep their roster intact, and Channing Frye isn't going to swing the pendulum too much. He's also getting older and isn't the undisputed best player, but he is still the favorite to get to the Finals this year and possibly next year too, which is why I said he has a small window. But if he doesn't win this year it should be concerning, the rest of the league is getting better and as I've said before it's going to be hard for the Cavaliers to improve with it. It's not hate, it's math.

Vinylman
03-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Another great post by you. Keep it up man, what's your favorite team by the way?

what does my team have to do with Miami...

gotta love PSD... zero attention span to what is being discussed

europagnpilgrim
03-08-2016, 01:09 PM

how come Bill Russell's finals/rings don't amount to him as the best player ever all time? you would have to know they didn't stand a chance in 07', that 11' series was pretty much rigged with him freezing himself out, for proof just look how he played against a way better team defense the previous round against the Bulls and then how he played the next season in 12' finals, that way like night and day

the next 2 finals they played a proven champ and split, and then following season when Love first went down it wasn't a lock for a title then when Kyrie when down it was a wrap for no title

for instance had Klay and Green went down in playoffs I don't think GS would have sniffed the Finals, but had Lebron beat Curry in finals without his 2 horses who are all star caliber then I wouldn't have given much credit to Lebron either

but a finals record doesn't prove rather a player is the truth or not, his career year in and out for extensive period does that, easily

Holydiver
03-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Lebron: the great academic using his beautiful mind to bless us all with his high school education

Vee-Rex
03-08-2016, 01:43 PM
How is it hate to say that Cleveland has a murky future? Them not having cap flexibility when everybody else will is a fact. They don't have that flexibility because they vastly overpaid for Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, AND Iman Shumpert. They gave Love $113 million over 5 years when he should have only gotten around $80 million because he wasn't playing in the 4th quarter and he has never played defense. They gave 5/$82 million to a 10/10 player and 4/$40 million to someone who only knows how to play defense.

The Cavaliers have committed large portions of their cap to very limited players and they won't have cap to add talent in the future, unless someone takes less to play with them. While that could happen, players could also take less to play San Antonio, Golden State, Oklahoma City, and even Miami. Why should a very skilled player take less to go to Cleveland to play with Lebron when he's not the undisputed best player anymore and he has teammates that can only do so much, especially when they could take less to go to San Antonio and play for Pop or Golden State and play with Steph? One cannot assume that Cleveland will get good players to take less to come to Lebron in the manner in which they did when he was in Miami (Birdman/Battier/Ray Allen).

Again, Kevin Love basically stands behind the 3 point line and doesn't play defense. He has refused to change his game the way Bosh had to when Lebron was with us, yet he's making $19.5 million this year. Tristan Thompson is averaging 8 points, 9 rebounds/game and only gets 5.4 shots a game, yet he's being paid $14.2 million. Iman Shumpert is shooting .378/.311/.750 for a very impressive .475 TS%, yet he's making $9 million. None of those players are worth what they are making, and when you add their contracts to Lebron/Kyrie, it eats up all the cap. Cleveland is also going to pay a ton of taxes and you aren't even repeat offenders yet, good luck when that day comes. It's not hate for somebody to say the Cavaliers have a small window, it's a fact.

In the end I doubt Lebron leaves Cleveland, but I think by the time it's all over I think the vast consensus will be he made a terrible mistake going back. It's too late for him to ever return to Miami because we were forced to move on. Trading for Dragic ended any chance of him ever returning and we will have to eat into our cap to bring Whiteside back, so there is no room for Lebron to come back, and it's too late anyway. He's not the same player and I don't think everyone can just change for him again, at least to the same success. He was given every opportunity to succeed in Miami and everyone in the organization changed to fit his style of play, and he'll never have that in Cleveland. Kyrie's not going to do what Wade did and take a complete back seat, Kevin Love isn't going to commit to defense the way Bosh did, and the organization hasn't provided the flexibility to constantly improve every year. After his first year in Miami we added Norris Cole and Shane Battier, after his second we added Ray Allen and Chris Anderson. All Cleveland did last offseason was overpay to keep their roster intact, and Channing Frye isn't going to swing the pendulum too much. He's also getting older and isn't the undisputed best player, but he is still the favorite to get to the Finals this year and possibly next year too, which is why I said he has a small window. But if he doesn't win this year it should be concerning, the rest of the league is getting better and as I've said before it's going to be hard for the Cavaliers to improve with it. It's not hate, it's math.

I wasn't responding to Cleveland's future window or any points you were making about that.

I responding to the fact that you were saying, "Miami would have a great team around LBJ but Cleveland still can't put a good team around him."

Cleveland has put a great team around LeBron, it's just that we're stuckinthesameseasonasrecordbreaking Spurs and Warriors. You eliminate the Spurs and Warriors and the Cavs would be the favorites. How is that a failure on Cleveland's part to put a good team around LeBron?

If LeBron stayed with the Heat... guess what? The Spurs/Warriors would still be the favorites over the Heat. It'd be the exact same scenario lol.

So your bashing of Cleveland and what they 'can't do for LeBron like what my amazing HEAT can do for him' just comes across as hate and jealousy.

If you aren't hating then my bad, but the envious tone really does make it seem like you are.

YAALREADYKNO
03-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Lebron to golden state

TylerSL
03-08-2016, 05:12 PM
I wasn't responding to Cleveland's future window or any points you were making about that.

I responding to the fact that you were saying, "Miami would have a great team around LBJ but Cleveland still can't put a good team around him."

Cleveland has put a great team around LeBron, it's just that we're stuckinthesameseasonasrecordbreaking Spurs and Warriors. You eliminate the Spurs and Warriors and the Cavs would be the favorites. How is that a failure on Cleveland's part to put a good team around LeBron?

If LeBron stayed with the Heat... guess what? The Spurs/Warriors would still be the favorites over the Heat. It'd be the exact same scenario lol.

So your bashing of Cleveland and what they 'can't do for LeBron like what my amazing HEAT can do for him' just comes across as hate and jealousy.

If you aren't hating then my bad, but the envious tone really does make it seem like you are.

I'll agree that quote was poorly put, but I don't believe Cleveland can put as good of a team around him as we can and have. The statements I've made are a big reason why. I'll also admit that I envy Lebron, and think it would have been better for his legacy if he stayed here. In hindsight I'll always believe we would have won the championship last year because we would have also signed Pau Gasol and still got Whiteside. Everything that's happened since he left has only reinforced that thought. Personally I don't hate the Cavaliers (though I do hate your owner) and I certainly don't hate Lebron, but I think he was a bit selfish in his transgressions.

One day, far from now, Lebron James is going to become and NBA owner. He will not be just any owner, rather he will be the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers. It's how Magic is just waiting for the Buss family to sell the Lakers, and in the next 15 years Magic Johnson will be the owner of the Los Angeles Lakers. I think Lebron, as an owner, could and would deliver a championship to Cleveland, and I always thought that's how he would do it. I thought he would go end his career in Cleveland, then buy the team after retirement. I understand it would mean more as a player to bring the championship to Cleveland, and had he not returned when he did he never would have been able to do it. I still think it was pretty darn selfish. Maybe I am a little bitter about it, but that's because the Heat are my favorite sports team period ever period. Dragic is great though and we wouldn't have been able to get him had Lebron stayed. Hopefully in the end this can be a positive for everyone, and I badly want the Heat to get the #3 spot and make the ECF. If you still have qualms about anything I've said maybe it would just be easier to agree to disagree, but I'm convinced this is the way it is.

Vee-Rex
03-08-2016, 06:03 PM
I'll agree that quote was poorly put, but I don't believe Cleveland can put as good of a team around him as we can and have. The statements I've made are a big reason why. I'll also admit that I envy Lebron, and think it would have been better for his legacy if he stayed here. In hindsight I'll always believe we would have won the championship last year because we would have also signed Pau Gasol and still got Whiteside. Everything that's happened since he left has only reinforced that thought. Personally I don't hate the Cavaliers (though I do hate your owner) and I certainly don't hate Lebron, but I think he was a bit selfish in his transgressions.

One day, far from now, Lebron James is going to become and NBA owner. He will not be just any owner, rather he will be the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers. It's how Magic is just waiting for the Buss family to sell the Lakers, and in the next 15 years Magic Johnson will be the owner of the Los Angeles Lakers. I think Lebron, as an owner, could and would deliver a championship to Cleveland, and I always thought that's how he would do it. I thought he would go end his career in Cleveland, then buy the team after retirement. I understand it would mean more as a player to bring the championship to Cleveland, and had he not returned when he did he never would have been able to do it. I still think it was pretty darn selfish. Maybe I am a little bitter about it, but that's because the Heat are my favorite sports team period ever period. Dragic is great though and we wouldn't have been able to get him had Lebron stayed. Hopefully in the end this can be a positive for everyone, and I badly want the Heat to get the #3 spot and make the ECF. If you still have qualms about anything I've said maybe it would just be easier to agree to disagree, but I'm convinced this is the way it is.

I can respect your opinion. :)

Sly Guy
03-08-2016, 08:32 PM
if he leaves, he's the most hated player of all time. (if not already)

North Yorker
03-08-2016, 08:42 PM

He's a Lakers fan that was positive Dwight was going to re-sign with them back in the day

WaDe03
03-08-2016, 08:59 PM
He's a Lakers fan that was positive Dwight was going to re-sign with them back in the day

That just about sums it up then lol.

Bring The Heat
03-08-2016, 09:11 PM
LeBron left to try and bring back a championship to Cleveland I get it.. and I don't hate him for that and definitely respect that decision... but if were talking about championships he knows damn right by now leaving Miami was a mistake. We stumbled across Hassan Whiteside.. Dude is a beast.. Imagine lebron playing with this guy.. All those years the huge weakness of the Heat was rebounding and no inside presence... Well we have that now. A double double machine who still has room to grow.

What LeBron left is a winning culture/organization and a GM who knows how to win. These qualities is what Cleveland does not possess and IMO never has. I don't think he will leave Cleveland again but you better bet he misses the winning culture down here in Miami with Pat Riley.

Wade n Fade
03-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Leaves friends in Miami to go after younger "talent" = good guy LeBron's logic. Just because people are younger doesn't mean that they will be better fits with you. Why change up a winning formula, LeBron? Just because your ego is bigger than the Russian land mass?

Bostonjorge
03-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Anyone remember that basketball team in Miami?

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-08-2016, 10:00 PM
I heard from a birdie that he is going to play super friends again to team up with Durant to go to the Lakers. He wants the Lakers to trade Russell, Clarkson and Randle for Cousins though. But I aint one to gossip so you aint heard that from me.

Wade n Fade
03-08-2016, 10:39 PM
I heard from a birdie that he is going to play super friends again to team up with Durant to go to the Lakers. He wants the Lakers to trade Russell, Clarkson and Randle for Cousins though. But I aint one to gossip so you aint heard that from me.

That would be an epic failure. Durant is a health risk and Cousins is a head case. What difference does that make from Kyrie (health risk) or Kevin Love (not mentally tough)? Just more talent with fit issues?

WaDe03
03-08-2016, 11:02 PM
3 new things today.

1. Apparently LeBron and Kyrie have been clashing

2. People close to LeBron said there's a chance he leaves

3. LeBron knows he's going to have to carry Cleveland on his back through the playoffs and isn't happy about it

This forum seems so behind on everything.

WaDe03
03-08-2016, 11:04 PM
That would be an epic failure. Durant is a health risk and Cousins is a head case. What difference does that make from Kyrie (health risk) or Kevin Love (not mentally tough)? Just more talent with fit issues?

That team would be good as hell. LeBron would probably try to convince Wade to come too but doubt it would happen. None of this will happen though.

Mave1002
03-08-2016, 11:49 PM

Ew. I hope not.

IKnowHoops
03-09-2016, 03:12 AM

I would not trade those guys for Cousins. Russell is looking good. Same with Clarkson and Randle. They will be even better next year. You need a team. Not 3 players and a bum. Plus two players that can straight up ball is the max you should go. A third guy will not be able to earn his paycheck and end up being a waste of money because there are not enough shot out there. Have we not learned from Shaq/Kobe, Mike/Scottie. Even in those situations, one guy has to still defer a little.

Get two beasts (Lebron/Durant). Surround them with the most bang for your buck role players/fringe all stars. Right now they have 3 "great role players". Let Bron and Durant do there thing and use the rest of that money to put together a good team like the Warriors/Jordan's Bulls.

Lebron's backlash would be incredible. I think it would be hilarious/interesting, basically all the things that have made me a slave to the NBA drama the last 7 years.

nastynice
03-09-2016, 05:56 AM

lmao!!!

I dunno what's funnier, that or mia fans thinking lebron on their team woulda beat the dubs last year in the finals. If he stayed in miami, that boy woulda been pimp slapped back to cleveland in the finals, lol, the **** is u thinkin. same outcome, leavin miami and landing in cleveland, lol

Jay 20
03-09-2016, 09:31 AM

LeBron is smarter then that. I can't imagine he would want to trade 3 young studs for one player who doesn't have any more experience then those 3 do.

That has been the knock he's had on is teammates, they are inexperienced. Cousins is a beast and very talented, but does his talents trump all 3 of those players combined and their potential?

I don't know. We've seen flashes of those 3 being pretty darn good together.

Last night for example:

Randle: 24 pts 11 rbs, Russell 27 pts 3 ast 3 stls , and Clarkson 24 pts 5 rbs.

WaDe03
03-09-2016, 12:55 PM
lmao!!!

I dunno what's funnier, that or mia fans thinking lebron on their team woulda beat the dubs last year in the finals. If he stayed in miami, that boy woulda been pimp slapped back to cleveland in the finals, lol, the **** is u thinkin. same outcome, leavin miami and landing in cleveland, lol

The Warriors were almost down 3-0 to just LeBron. They were pretty bad in the finals last year.

blams
03-09-2016, 01:21 PM
The Warriors were almost down 3-0 to just LeBron. They were pretty bad in the finals last year.

Yeah they were. Heat would've shitbagged them.

Jay 20
03-09-2016, 01:39 PM

The slow it down style the Cavs were forced to play last year because of their limited roster really screwed the Warriors up big time. An argument can be made that if Love and Kyrie were healthy the Cavs would not have played that way giving the Warriors a chance to play more at their own pace.

And here is a legitimate question. If Kyrie is playing over Delly, does Kyrie guard Curry like Delly did? Does he really exert that kind of energy guarding him the same way Delly did?

I don't think so. But that is my opinion.

The Warriors are 2-0 this year against that team at full strength including a 34 point win at Cleveland.

YAALREADYKNO
03-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Lebron wants the cavs to build a time machine to bring back the dream team

Tony_Starks
03-09-2016, 01:57 PM
I can't see Lebron bailing again but if he did it wouldn't change my view of him. He already showed me what he was made of when he ran the first time. It is what it is, he leaves when it gets tough.

I want to see him play on as competitive a team as humanly possible every year until he retires, and let the results speak for themselves....

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-09-2016, 03:35 PM
WOJ just mentioned LeBron isn't going anywhere.

Vee-Rex
03-09-2016, 05:45 PM

WOJ just took a **** on all these idiotic fans getting excited about Bron leaving.

At least reporters that produce these 'sources' and rumors are doing it for money. The fans that auto-believe it are the biggest idiots around. You would think common sense would prevail, but that's not the case.

nastynice
03-09-2016, 07:20 PM

Yeah they were. Heat would've shitbagged them.

Haha, I think what you mean is the Warriors started caring after going down 2-1 and then, sans 3 quarters, absolutely dominated and exerted their will on them. Had the heat came back for the 5th straight yr to the finals, dubs Woulda cared and been in game mode from game 1, Woulda swept it

nastynice
03-09-2016, 07:27 PM
The slow it down style the Cavs were forced to play last year because of their limited roster really screwed the Warriors up big time. An argument can be made that if Love and Kyrie were healthy the Cavs would not have played that way giving the Warriors a chance to play more at their own pace.

And here is a legitimate question. If Kyrie is playing over Delly, does Kyrie guard Curry like Delly did? Does he really exert that kind of energy guarding him the same way Delly did?

I don't think so. But that is my opinion.

The Warriors are 2-0 this year against that team at full strength including a 34 point win at Cleveland.

I'm just talkin ish regarding the heat comments, just pointing out that two can play the game of stupidity, lol

But serious note, i actually agree with this. Thompson and Delly were able to effect curry and green in a way Kyrie and love would not have been able to. I personally think had they been full squad the dubs woulda ended that series in less than 6. Obviously the team as a whole is better with the starters, but I do think the particular way the injuries made them match up vs the dubs actually helped more than it hurt

Bostonjorge
03-09-2016, 07:28 PM

Sounds fake

WaDe03
03-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Haha, I think what you mean is the Warriors started caring after going down 2-1 and then, sans 3 quarters, absolutely dominated and exerted their will on them. Had the heat came back for the 5th straight yr to the finals, dubs Woulda cared and been in game mode from game 1, Woulda swept it

In the NBA Finals and didn't care? Lmao just stop. It was LeBron against the Warriors last year. Give him Wade Dragic and Whiteside and you're telling me he couldn't have won 2 more games?

WaDe03
03-09-2016, 08:19 PM
WOJ just took a **** on all these idiotic fans getting excited about Bron leaving.

At least reporters that produce these 'sources' and rumors are doing it for money. The fans that auto-believe it are the biggest idiots around. You would think common sense would prevail, but that's not the case.

That was just his opinion, nothing he heard from a source or anything like that. He has no relationship to LeBron and neither does the other reporter who said he can't leave Cleveland. LeBron will do what he wants in the long run as he always has and you can't put anything past him. Deep down you Cleveland fans are worried as hell that he's going to leave. I couldn't care less what he does if he stays cool, if he comes back to Miami cool, idc either way. You never know what he will do there was a big article his last year with the heat I believe where he said he couldn't see himself ever leaving Miami. We saw how that turned out.

Vee-Rex
03-09-2016, 09:13 PM
That was just his opinion, nothing he heard from a source or anything like that. He has no relationship to LeBron and neither does the other reporter who said he can't leave Cleveland. LeBron will do what he wants in the long run as he always has and you can't put anything past him. Deep down you Cleveland fans are worried as hell that he's going to leave. I couldn't care less what he does if he stays cool, if he comes back to Miami cool, idc either way. You never know what he will do there was a big article his last year with the heat I believe where he said he couldn't see himself ever leaving Miami. We saw how that turned out.

Lol worried? I'll side with Woj and anyone with half a brain can understand the logic. I'm just as worried as I was when all the airheads guaranteed Love was fleeing after last year. And that was wayyyy more likely than Bron leaving.

Don't get loud just cause you blew your load on hearing SAS's report. Lay it down.

WaDe03
03-09-2016, 10:21 PM
Lol worried? I'll side with Woj and anyone with half a brain can understand the logic. I'm just as worried as I was when all the airheads guaranteed Love was fleeing after last year. And that was wayyyy more likely than Bron leaving.

Don't get loud just cause you blew your load on hearing SAS's report. Lay it down.

Lol nobody is getting loud and I definitely didn't blow my load. Woj has no connection with LeBron he just said LeBron would look bad for leaving and I'm sure everyone agrees but LeBron doesn't care about that. Feel sorry for Cleveland sports fans.

Vee-Rex
03-10-2016, 01:18 AM
Lol nobody is getting loud and I definitely didn't blow my load. Woj has no connection with LeBron he just said LeBron would look bad for leaving and I'm sure everyone agrees but LeBron doesn't care about that. Feel sorry for Cleveland sports fans.

Lebron doesn't care about what others think of him and how he looks???

Ahahaha you can't be serious.

nastynice
03-10-2016, 04:24 AM
In the NBA Finals and didn't care? Lmao just stop. It was LeBron against the Warriors last year. Give him Wade Dragic and Whiteside and you're telling me he couldn't have won 2 more games?

No, EASILY no, lol, hows this even a question?

Yup, twice warriors were in cruise control, and twice when they fell in a hole they responded by completely dominating the rest of the series. It happens, some squads are just built like that

WaDe03
03-10-2016, 03:21 PM

Yup, twice warriors were in cruise control, and twice when they fell in a hole they responded by completely dominating the rest of the series. It happens, some squads are just built like that

No, no team makes the Finals and goes into cruise control. Especially when they are playing against LeBron. I don't see how it's even debateable. If you give LeBron Wade Dragic and Whiteside they would've for sure beat the Warriors.

WaDe03
03-10-2016, 03:23 PM
Lebron doesn't care about what others think of him and how he looks???

Ahahaha you can't be serious.

LeBron is going to do what he wants to do. And you're right he does care so that's just another reason for him to leave Cleveland where he won't win a championship. Also that will give him the much wanted/needed attention if he leaves again. Curry getting all of this attention is killing him inside.

SteBO
03-10-2016, 06:56 PM
@WaDe03, LeBron will do what he wants to do, but you're kidding yourself if you think he doesn't care what people think of him. After that SI PR letter, him leaving means a lot of negativity throw his way.

jason
03-10-2016, 07:07 PM
No, no team makes the Finals and goes into cruise control. Especially when they are playing against LeBron. I don't see how it's even debateable. If you give LeBron Wade Dragic and Whiteside they would've for sure beat the Warriors.

In your opinion. Which I'm sure you would be in the minority with

WaDe03
03-10-2016, 07:46 PM
In your opinion. Which I'm sure you would be in the minority with

Seems like common sense to me. LeBron Wade Dragic and Whiteside vs Warriors wouldn't have a better chance than LeBron vs the Warriors? I think yall are getting last tears team mixed up with this years. The Warriors were almost down 3-0 to LeBron.

WaDe03
03-10-2016, 07:53 PM
@WaDe03, LeBron will do what he wants to do, but you're kidding yourself if you think he doesn't care what people think of him. After that SI PR letter, him leaving means a lot of negativity throw his way.

Yes you're right, was typing fast so let me explain. LeBron is going to do whatever he wants to do regardless of others opinions on it. He does care what people think but he knows they'll get over it. He also wants all the attention on him at all times so what better way to get it then leave Cleveland again? Curry getting all the attention is killing him inside and there is no chance of him winning a ring in Cleveland.

nastynice
03-10-2016, 08:05 PM

If the warriors had a REALLY bad night, like REALLY bad, and the heat were ABSOLUTELY on FIRE, I could see them POSSIBLY winning one game. But more than likely it'd be a sweep, starters sitting the 4th in at least half the games. Its just no contest.

WaDe03
03-10-2016, 08:33 PM
If the warriors had a REALLY bad night, like REALLY bad, and the heat were ABSOLUTELY on FIRE, I could see them POSSIBLY winning one game. But more than likely it'd be a sweep, starters sitting the 4th in at least half the games. Its just no contest.

Lmao you're a straight idiot if you actually believe that.

nastynice
03-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Lmao you're a straight idiot if you actually believe that.

Well ur a heat fan so I guess I understand why ur saying what you are, you like ur team and root for them, that's cool. But I'm saying from like a betting point of view, taking the fandom out of it, if we're to put money where the mouth is then obviously a dubs sweep would be the highest favored/lowest payout

...not sure if they put lines/odds in starters sitting the 4th, would be cool if they did, just extra money

WaDe03
03-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Well ur a heat fan so I guess I understand why ur saying what you are, you like ur team and root for them, that's cool. But I'm saying from like a betting point of view, taking the fandom out of it, if we're to put money where the mouth is then obviously a dubs sweep would be the highest favored/lowest payout

...not sure if they put lines/odds in starters sitting the 4th, would be cool if they did, just extra money

You're definitely being sarcastic lol. Which team is better?

Delly
JR
LeBron
Thompson
Mozgov

Or

Dragic
Wade
Deng
LeBron
Whiteside

SteBO
03-10-2016, 09:13 PM
It's worth pointing out that had LBJ stayed in Miami, we had Pau Gasol more or less locked up. They were coming off getting their ***es handed to them by the Spurs in the 2014 Finals, so they were the team Pat Riley was preparing for with the potential Gasol signing. I say this to essentially bring to light.....the HEAT weren't preparing for the Warriors at all. Nobody was. GSW has taken small ball to the extreme, and although the HEAT were probably better equipped to handle it last year had LBJ stuck around, given the HEAT played a small-ball game to begin with there were still a couple of problems....

1) Riley let the roster age too much. As a HEAT fan, I'll always trust his judgement. But I also know what he likes, and that's proven NBA vets. Say what you want about GSW's age and lack of experience in the Finals spotlight last year, but they played a style of ball that Miami likely wouldn't have been able stay with for long stretches. We'll never know, but it's a safe assumption.

2) Curry has always had a history of slaughtering the HEAT. We had Chalmers and Norris Cole as our PG's. That never ends well. LBJ wouldn't have stopped him either.

3) Who would Bosh have guarded exactly? Would Bosh have even been available (blood clots)?

Too many uncertainties to be so sure that Miami would've beaten Golden State. Also, we can't assume that the current Heat roster would've existed around LeBron. For one thing, Hassan Whiteside wouldn't have even been signed (Gasol would've been here). Maybe the Dragic trade could've been possible, but then we wouldn't have able to draft Winslow. Deng wouldn't be around, and if we were to assume the Dragic trade happens, Miami still wouldn't have any draft picks until when...2019-2020? Riley relies on those picks as sweetners to make the magic happen. We would've been stuck now. Things happen for a reason, and Miami is better off long term now with the emergence of their young pieces. I do know this for sure, we wouldn't stand a chance against the Warriors now, and I'm not convinced we would've beaten them last year either.

EDIT: Actually Cole was traded as part of the Dragic deal....so replace Cole with Dragic in my post. Either way, the backcourt still gets drubbed.

nastynice
03-10-2016, 09:24 PM

Delly
JR
LeBron
Thompson
Mozgov

Or

Dragic
Wade
Deng
LeBron
Whiteside

obviously, i'm just sayin, u say oh the heat would've won, so I just say oh the dubs would've swept. Two can play that game, tha'ts all i'm sayin, lol

as far as your question, it depends what you mean, which team is better overall or which team is better matchup for the dubs. Overall I'd say the heat team is better. Better matchup vs dubs I would say the cavs team. The effect thompson and delly have on green and curry is something no one in that heat roster can match, and imo outweighs the benefit the other guys bring

Jay 20
03-11-2016, 03:55 PM

Delly
JR
LeBron
Thompson
Mozgov

Or

Dragic
Wade
Deng
LeBron
Whiteside

The way these two teams would play the Warriors matter. We saw the affect the Cavs had on the Warriors when they slowed the game down and ran 80% of their offense through Lebron.

Does that Heat team play that way? Or because they have more talent then the Cavs would they try to play more at the Warriors pace? If the latter is the case I'd say the Warriors would have had an easier time playing that Heat team then the Cavs team who had them down 2-1 before Kerr benched Bogut and tried to speed the game up with their death lineup.

That is just my opinion, but I saw a clear affect the Cavs had on the Warriors last year playing like that. It was good strategy and it got them 2 games, but it wasn't going to work the whole series.

CKinKC
03-12-2016, 09:03 AM
Lebron is no longer the best in the NBA, and is at the age where the decline is coming. This guy has been riding the "eastern conference is terrible" train his whole career. Just sayin

ewing
03-12-2016, 09:23 AM
It's worth pointing out that had LBJ stayed in Miami, we had Pau Gasol more or less locked up. They were coming off getting their ***es handed to them by the Spurs in the 2014 Finals, so they were the team Pat Riley was preparing for with the potential Gasol signing. I say this to essentially bring to light.....the HEAT weren't preparing for the Warriors at all. Nobody was. GSW has taken small ball to the extreme, and although the HEAT were probably better equipped to handle it last year had LBJ stuck around, given the HEAT played a small-ball game to begin with there were still a couple of problems....

1) Riley let the roster age too much. As a HEAT fan, I'll always trust his judgement. But I also know what he likes, and that's proven NBA vets. Say what you want about GSW's age and lack of experience in the Finals spotlight last year, but they played a style of ball that Miami likely wouldn't have been able stay with for long stretches. We'll never know, but it's a safe assumption.

2) Curry has always had a history of slaughtering the HEAT. We had Chalmers and Norris Cole as our PG's. That never ends well. LBJ wouldn't have stopped him either.

3) Who would Bosh have guarded exactly? Would Bosh have even been available (blood clots)?

Too many uncertainties to be so sure that Miami would've beaten Golden State. Also, we can't assume that the current Heat roster would've existed around LeBron. For one thing, Hassan Whiteside wouldn't have even been signed (Gasol would've been here). Maybe the Dragic trade could've been possible, but then we wouldn't have able to draft Winslow. Deng wouldn't be around, and if we were to assume the Dragic trade happens, Miami still wouldn't have any draft picks until when...2019-2020? Riley relies on those picks as sweetners to make the magic happen. We would've been stuck now. Things happen for a reason, and Miami is better off long term now with the emergence of their young pieces. I do know this for sure, we wouldn't stand a chance against the Warriors now, and I'm not convinced we would've beaten them last year either.

EDIT: Actually Cole was traded as part of the Dragic deal....so replace Cole with Dragic in my post. Either way, the backcourt still gets drubbed.

off topic but i am a big Tyler johnson fan. he is a free agent this off season. do you think someone can steal him from you with a little bit of an overpay? Do you think he is a PG? Where do you see his career going? thxs.

Big Zo
03-12-2016, 09:23 AM

Steph Curry walking off the court, shaking his head in disgust didn't seem like no "chill mode." Lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Even if LeBron went back to Miami. Heat don't scare anyone. Heck LeBron use to get ticked off when Wade would sit out games just to rest. LeBron hated carrying the team. Yeah Bosh be coming back which is good. But still. Heat are year older each season. The league is slowly getting younger yet Miami hanging on for dear life that their old guys play forever.

Dragic was a mistake. But was a desperation move since they lost Lebron. Whiteside is a knucklehead. But have to be over paid to keep him. Yet Miami most likely has to. Wade has to many miles on him already. Heck when they had the big 3 they went 2-4 for rings. Heat has a lousy bench. They gave away Chalmers to get out of luxury tax. Good luck your gonna need it.

R. Johnson#3
03-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Come play the 4 for Toronto! lol

WaDe03
03-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Even if LeBron went back to Miami. Heat don't scare anyone. Heck LeBron use to get ticked off when Wade would sit out games just to rest. LeBron hated carrying the team. Yeah Bosh be coming back which is good. But still. Heat are year older each season. The league is slowly getting younger yet Miami hanging on for dear life that their old guys play forever.

Dragic was a mistake. But was a desperation move since they lost Lebron. Whiteside is a knucklehead. But have to be over paid to keep him. Yet Miami most likely has to. Wade has to many miles on him already. Heck when they had the big 3 they went 2-4 for rings. Heat has a lousy bench. They gave away Chalmers to get out of luxury tax. Good luck your gonna need it.

Lol. I agree though 2 championships in 4 years is terrible. If only we could win at the same rate as the Bucks.

Sly Guy
03-12-2016, 03:12 PM
heat with lebron do better against the warriors than lebron with the cavs, but both still stand no chance.

This year, the WCF is the NBA final

naps
03-13-2016, 07:11 AM

Lol you mad dude? Are you not the one who often goes to Heat forum and claimed Bucks would be better than the Heat and what not? How are they doing? And since when 2 championships out of 4 straight nba finals is a bad thing?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Lol you mad dude? Are you not the one who often goes to Heat forum and claimed Bucks would be better than the Heat and what not? How are they doing? And since when 2 championships out of 4 straight nba finals is a bad thing?

Well all I'm saying is Miami should of went the Celtics route and traded all their All Stars for picks and start over. Miami just spinning their wheels now. Better then the Heat and what not? We beat you a couple times this season. Heck my Bucks beat you guys when you had LeBron. So your point is? Heck my Bucks beat Warriors first over any other team. Heck we almost beat Warriors twice. Me mad? Nah nothing to be mad at. I tell it like it is. My Bucks are looking great. Giannis and Parker both barely 21 years old.

PurpleJesus
03-13-2016, 01:13 PM
Lebron's options...

1, leave Cleveland.
2. Don't leave Cleveland.

Nice detective work, Stephen A.

naps
03-13-2016, 03:52 PM
Well all I'm saying is Miami should of went the Celtics route and traded all their All Stars for picks and start over. Miami just spinning their wheels now. Better then the Heat and what not? We beat you a couple times this season. Heck my Bucks beat you guys when you had LeBron. So your point is? Heck my Bucks beat Warriors first over any other team. Heck we almost beat Warriors twice. Me mad? Nah nothing to be mad at. I tell it like it is. My Bucks are looking great. Giannis and Parker both barely 21 years old.

So you beat Warriors and the Heat, yet cant make the playoffs. So tell me again how are they doing? Remember you were bragging how Bucks would be a top team and much better than the Heat? How has that turned out so far? You are claiming that you are better than Riley when it comes to building a winner?

Vinylman
03-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Miami fans still living in the past ...

btw... what's up with wade? he isn't hobbling again is he?

naps
03-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Nope. Miami is still very much relevant even after the best player in the league departed, unlike ofcoruse your team that cant attract any free agents. And no Wade is not hobbling as he missed only 4 games so far. Thanks for your worries about a relevant team btw ;)

WaDe03
03-13-2016, 09:29 PM
Miami fans still living in the past ...

btw... what's up with wade? he isn't hobbling again is he?

I'm assuming you know nothing about the heat lol. You really should do your research before you start spouting off on here. He's missed 6 games this year only 5 for injury. The other game he missed because his son was sick in the hospital. Actually physically he looks better than he has in the previous 3 maybe 4 years. Faster and has got a lot of his explosiveness back.

WaDe03
03-13-2016, 09:30 PM
Naps this is why I have to come in voicing my opinion on Wade. So much disrespect from the clueless. Now you see it first hand.

Big Zo
03-13-2016, 11:23 PM

I wish my team's last championship was in 1971. :(

LA_Raiders
03-13-2016, 11:54 PM
SAS doesn't know ****. He will not leave, clev most likely trade love.

Vinylman
03-14-2016, 08:41 AM
I'm assuming you know nothing about the heat lol. You really should do your research before you start spouting off on here. He's missed 6 games this year only 5 for injury. The other game he missed because his son was sick in the hospital. Actually physically he looks better than he has in the previous 3 maybe 4 years. Faster and has got a lot of his explosiveness back.

his health appears to be peaking right now ... oh wait... nevermind

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-14-2016, 10:02 AM
I wish my team's last championship was in 1971. :(

'71 was Bucks only third season by the way in the league. Didn't need free agents. We farmed our way to that trophy.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-14-2016, 10:12 AM
So you beat Warriors and the Heat, yet cant make the playoffs. So tell me again how are they doing? Remember you were bragging how Bucks would be a top team and much better than the Heat? How has that turned out so far? You are claiming that you are better than Riley when it comes to building a winner?

Yeah you got me Bucks have slim to nil chance of making playoffs. But I bet Miami be sweating if they had to face the Bucks first round if they did make it in. Also Bucks had tons of injuries from the start the season. Bucks still have 4 or 5 guys out with injury. Heat use the injury excuse other years. PSD posters only flame the Bucks for being lottery that year when we got Parker. Yet we had the most injuries that season. At least the Bucks had the guts and cut bait on old guys like Ersan, Zaza, Dudley and go with a youth movement for once. Yeah it back fired early since we had injuries to a bunch of guys. But were on track now. Next year Bucks go gang busters for sure.

Big Zo
03-14-2016, 10:13 AM
'71 was Bucks only third season by the way in the league. Didn't need free agents. We farmed our way to that trophy.
And that makes them "extra" champions, or something? Lol. The Bucks are historically known as a crappy team. Basically the Detroit Lions of basketball.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-14-2016, 10:24 AM
And that makes them "extra" champions, or something? Lol. The Bucks are historically known as a crappy team. Basically the Detroit Lions of basketball.

Well Heat first joined the league back in what 88? They missed a lot of historic times. Yeah Wade got his ring early. But still needed help from Shaq and Zo. I'll take my young Bucks over your old codgers and day of the week. My Bucks wasted enough time with old injury prone guys through the years. Scales tipping our way already. I'm at the point of picking Giannis over Anthony Davis already. Not drinking the koolaid or nothing either.

Big Zo
03-14-2016, 11:27 AM
Well Heat first joined the league back in what 88? They missed a lot of historic times. Yeah Wade got his ring early. But still needed help from Shaq and Zo. I'll take my young Bucks over your old codgers and day of the week. My Bucks wasted enough time with old injury prone guys through the years. Scales tipping our way already. I'm at the point of picking Giannis over Anthony Davis already. Not drinking the koolaid or nothing either.

The Bucks can't make the playoffs in a bad eastern conference. Yeah, the scale is definitely tipping their way. Btw, didn't Kareem need Oscar Robertson to win that ring?

WaDe03
03-14-2016, 01:20 PM
his health appears to be peaking right now ... oh wait... nevermind

You don't even make sense. He's on pace for 76 games this year. He has a deep thigh bruise right now from taking a knee. That's nothing serious at all lol. He missed 1 game for it so far, may sit out against the nuggets since they aren't good but could also come back tonight.

Sofnr
03-14-2016, 01:37 PM
The Heat couldn't make the playoffs in a bad eastern conference last year. Yet people are trying to claim it's "common sense" they could've beat one of the best teams in the history of the NBA last year with Lebron. Teams often play to their competition. Warriors vs Heat would've ended the same way Cavs vs Heat did. Because the Warriors are by far still the superior team. The Heat had a great run with Lebron. 2 championships in 4 years is a success by any standard. But Bosh might retire at any time and Wade's time is running out. Lebron is much much better off in Cleveland right now.

Big Zo
03-14-2016, 02:05 PM
The Heat couldn't make the playoffs in a bad eastern conference last year. Yet people are trying to claim it's "common sense" they could've beat one of the best teams in the history of the NBA last year with Lebron. Teams often play to their competition. Warriors vs Heat would've ended the same way Cavs vs Heat did. Because the Warriors are by far still the superior team. The Heat had a great run with Lebron. 2 championships in 4 years is a success by any standard. But Bosh might retire at any time and Wade's time is running out. Lebron is much much better off in Cleveland right now.
The Heat had a winning record against GS throughout the Big 3 era, and that's with Golden State's core already in place. Would they have won? We'll never know. But there's no denying that his supporting cast in Miami was better than Cleveland's.

jerellh528
03-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Bucks are in much better position than the heat to be successful in the future. Bucks and Celtics might be the elite of that conference within 2 years

phantasyyy
03-14-2016, 02:50 PM
Yeah you got me Bucks have slim to nil chance of making playoffs. But I bet Miami be sweating if they had to face the Bucks first round if they did make it in. Also Bucks had tons of injuries from the start the season. Bucks still have 4 or 5 guys out with injury. Heat use the injury excuse other years. PSD posters only flame the Bucks for being lottery that year when we got Parker. Yet we had the most injuries that season. At least the Bucks had the guts and cut bait on old guys like Ersan, Zaza, Dudley and go with a youth movement for once. Yeah it back fired early since we had injuries to a bunch of guys. But were on track now. Next year Bucks go gang busters for sure.

You can't give your team the benefit of the doubt by playing with injuries and then turn around and say they heat are using the injury excuse as a negative. I mean last year they had the misfortune of playing great ball and finally adding a Dragic @ the deadline only for them to lose Bosh for the entire season. Newly signed Mcbob was out all of last year, Deng had some of injuries/troubles fitting in and Whiteside only started really dominating in January which only gave him about a months work with Bosh before he was out.

Also the Bucks obviously have the better young talent to build around going into the future and that SHOULD be the case seeing as how they've been in the lottery for more consecutive years save for last year. Also in retrospect getting rid of Zaza created that huge hole in the middle for you guys and trading Ersan led to the signing of Moose who clearly doesn't fit with the team as well.

phantasyyy
03-14-2016, 02:53 PM
That said they heat were only 1 game in the loss column away from making the playoffs last year despite all the turmoil they went through.

Big Zo
03-14-2016, 03:48 PM
Bucks are in much better position than the heat to be successful in the future. Bucks and Celtics might be the elite of that conference within 2 years
The Bucks don't have the location to sell, nor do they have Pat Riley. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course, but a statement like that just sounds like you talking out of your ***.

Bring The Heat
03-14-2016, 05:48 PM
Can't believe this dude talking crap about the Heat, LOL... We got 3 championship banners hanging from the past 10 years. 5 finals appearances.. thats enough for you to shut your mouth already. Your bucks haven't done squat bro your only argument is bragging about the young talent you guys have? lol Yeah I would hope you have some talent to be excited about being in the lottery so many times. Hasn't translated into any playoff success thus far.. So to me it means JACK ****.

Your team is out of playoff contention while we are sitting at #4 fighting for the #3 spot just one year removed after the best player on the planet left. Most teams would be lottery bound for years to come. Riley has done a phenomenal job piecing together a playoff time and a bright future with some nice young pieces. Keep hating kid. If it was a Spurs, Lakers, or any other organization with championships to speak of then they can take all the crap they want. But the Milwaukee Bucks? get the **** outta here lol.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-14-2016, 06:17 PM
You can't give your team the benefit of the doubt by playing with injuries and then turn around and say they heat are using the injury excuse as a negative. I mean last year they had the misfortune of playing great ball and finally adding a Dragic @ the deadline only for them to lose Bosh for the entire season. Newly signed Mcbob was out all of last year, Deng had some of injuries/troubles fitting in and Whiteside only started really dominating in January which only gave him about a months work with Bosh before he was out.

Also the Bucks obviously have the better young talent to build around going into the future and that SHOULD be the case seeing as how they've been in the lottery for more consecutive years save for last year. Also in retrospect getting rid of Zaza created that huge hole in the middle for you guys and trading Ersan led to the signing of Moose who clearly doesn't fit with the team as well.

Bucks lost Parker last year and Sanders retired suddenly. Yet we made the playoffs. Bucks had injuries almost every season. We have 4 guys out now. MCW and Novak out for the year. Vasquez been out how long and suppose to be finally coming back this week. Henson is out with sore back. Mayo done for the year. Bucks can apply for the hardship but at this point we'd have to win like 90% of our games to make the playoffs. We're on a roll but its pushing our luck. Also tough schedule here on out. Also 4 or 5 guys out our bench looks like D league right now. Reason why Kidd been giving our guys close to 40 minutes a game.

jerellh528
03-14-2016, 06:26 PM
The Bucks don't have the location to sell, nor do they have Pat Riley. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course, but a statement like that just sounds like you talking out of your ***.

They've got better young players though. If you take that as me talking out my *** then that's your opinion. I see the Bucks as a young, upcoming team with nice foundation pieces already set and I see the heat as an old team tryin to cling on to the hopes of building a contender out of wade and bosh when their time has passed. Now the heat have to either trade them for something, or keep them on the roster and go down with the ship, It's not a good position to be in. I'd gladly apologize to you in a few years if I'm wrong, I don't have a horse in this race, or bias for against either team, I'm just saying what I see.

CHANGO
03-14-2016, 06:35 PM
:catfight:

phantasyyy
03-14-2016, 06:36 PM
In fairness you did lose Parker/Sanders pretty early in the season ~25-30 games in putting you in the latter half of December so your team did have some time to recover. Losing Bosh vs Sanders is also drastically different as one was a role player and the other being the star.

You rip on having veterans on your team when discussing the Heat but it was because you had veterans last year that your team was able to get into the playoffs. I mean Zaza filled in admirably and arguably played better than Sanders did by almost averaging a double double 9.5/10 for you guys. As well as Dudley with his 3-D. I'm not discounting the run you guys made but you gotta turn it down a notch with the criticism for the Heat.

All in all even with the injuries you guys have this year you can't sit there with a straight face and say that this season has been a success.. you guys have underachieved and that dominant defense you guys displayed last year is no longer there. The saving grace obviously is that you guys have DO have a young core in in Giannis and Parker to build around and Middleton/Henson is also only 25. Your roster is right up there with the Wolves/Jazz/Pistons/Magic's with young players that will only get better as you add more pieces.

Bring The Heat
03-14-2016, 06:37 PM
They've got better young players though. If you take that as me talking out my *** then that's your opinion. I see the Bucks as a young, upcoming team with nice foundation pieces already set and I see the heat as an old team tryin to cling on to the hopes of building a contender out of wade and bosh when their time has passed. Now the heat have to either trade them for something, or keep them on the roster and go down with the ship, It's not a good position to be in. I'd gladly apologize to you in a few years if I'm wrong, I don't have a horse in this race, or bias for against either team, I'm just saying what I see.

That is where you are wrong, and you obviously don't watch the Heat very much.

Justice Winslow is only 19 years old and has shown he can be a lock down defender, his offensive game needs improvement but with time that will come. He has great potential at such a young age. Similar to a young Kawhi Leonard when he first came into the league. Josh Richardson seems to be a 2nd round steal and has shown tremendous potential... High energy, very athletic, great defender, showing he can be a knock down shooter and showing his capability of taking to the hole as well. Hassan Whiteside is a double-double machine. Tyler Johnson has been injuried but before that was showing great potential as well. Dragic is still a very good wing player.. add that along to the veterans on the team. Also add in the fact we have Pat Riley and Miami is always a place that attracts free agents. I disagree with you, Miami has a nice future ahead. We have built the winning culture and have a legend running our organization. I'll take that any day.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-14-2016, 06:42 PM

Yeah I tried saying that to Heat fans last few seasons. They get to emotional like Wade wont age or something. They better hope Bosh is okay and comes back. Cause if he doesn't man yeah insurance covers his contract 80% but will be on the books yet. I know this cause Bucks had Redd on super max and was injured every season on it. Then Bogut was a cry baby missing games with petty stuff before the Suns game and had his arm ripped off. I tried to put it nicely that Miami should consider the Boston route and purge the old stars for picks and young pieces before it's to late.

Heck the great GM Ted Thompson of the Green Bay Packers always said it's to know when to let go of them before it's to late. When you hang onto a old super star that doesn't know when to hang 'em up then the franchise is held hostage till they retire. Heck Packers cut Favre loose. Some fans were ticked off but I knew his time was up. Heck look at Kobe. I know the Lakers finally see the light. I told them years ago and it finally settled in on them.

Big Zo
03-14-2016, 07:07 PM
Whiteside, Winslow, Richardson, and Johnson are a good young core. Besides, the Heat have always been about free agency, and trades. Their track record holds up, they'll land another star player soon.

WaDe03
03-14-2016, 07:41 PM

Haven't had cap space to bring in a new first option but the positives we can take from these last 2 years are that Wade still has it and physically looks great, Bosh will possibly be back, and we've established a very solid team from top to bottom. Now that we have these things we will try and be big players in free agency this summer and the next.

IKnowHoops
03-14-2016, 07:50 PM
You really can't compare the Bucks and Heat in any way shape or form. Unlike teams such as Wolves, Bucks, or Thunder, the Heat don't have to go through rebuilds. They are a hot destination where players want to live. Players get good tax breaks living there as we'll. I'd agree that the bucks have a better young core, but Miami is looking far past a young core and are looking at adding the best proven free agents every year. Unless the bucks can draft the next Shaq or Lebron, there young core will never contend with a team that can pull a top 3 free agent every single year. It sucks but that's the reality of the situation. Once Durant and Westy leave, OKC probably won't see a playoff birth for another 20 years.

phantasyyy
03-14-2016, 08:46 PM
A major question mark for the Heat though is coming in this off season.. I mean what do you pay Wade for his services? Will they be able to resign Whiteside -even without his bird rights?

Whiteside's situation is intriguing because he saying all the right things right now but I am pretty sure he will jump ship to the first team that throws him that max deal and guarantees him a starting position - as he is currently coming off the bench at the moment. He has been getting paid pea nuts compared to his relative value so I'd definitely be concerned if I was a Heat fan that you guys just wont have enough money to resign him.

Vee-Rex
03-14-2016, 10:19 PM
If only the Heat got rid of Whiteside at the trade deadline...

Dude is gonna run to the money in a heartbeat. He's definitely getting a max offer. Whatever team pays him is gonna regret it in the future.

Bring The Heat
03-14-2016, 10:38 PM
Josh Richardson just posterized Kenneth Faried tonight .. 2nd round rookie has been on a tear lately.. what a steal! And winslow with 20 off the bench. Lol at people saying we have no young talent. Clueless.

ewing
03-14-2016, 11:18 PM

Dude is gonna run to the money in a heartbeat. He's definitely getting a max offer. Whatever team pays him is gonna regret it in the future.

he's a bone head but its not like he tries to do a lot of things he cant and he still a baby. I think with the right fit he can be a real impact player.

WaDe03
03-15-2016, 01:57 AM

We couldn't have got any bring close to equal value for him. I'm curious to see what Riley's plan is this summer.

Clint Olbrock
03-15-2016, 02:25 AM
I love how no one has even brought up the numbers of the whole thing...

The Heat have zero cap space for the summer of 2016.

The Heat have $48 million in guaranteed salary and $53 million in cap holds totaling $101 million on their books.

They for sure have Bosh, Dragic, McBob and Winslow. They almost certainly will offer TJ the QO(if he decides to play for it next season, idk). IDK when they have to make a decision on Richardson's non-guaranteed but it's so small it's almost not worth mentioning.

Next come the cap holds, if you think you're getting LBJ you for sure renounce Deng so that frees up $13 million, you probably renounce UD too(another $5 million). That's $18 million off your $53 million cap holds which brings the number to $35 million coupled with the $48 million guaranteed comes to $83 but that's still not enough to land a star player(especially not LBJ).

You could try to trade Dragic and/or McBob in order to free up more room.

It's just not going to be the lineup Heat fans think it's going to be, if LBJ does come back.

People are projecting that LBJ will return to

PG: Dragic/TJ/whoever
SG: Wade/Winslow/Richardson
SF: Joe/Deng/Green
PF: LBJ/McBob/UD
C: Bosh/Whiteside/STAT

Where the heck is all that money going to come from? Wasn't Wade just fighting with you all last summer about getting paid his back pay? How much of a pay cut will he take, if any? How much do you sign TJ for or if you let him explore restricted free agency, what do you match? How much are you willing to get into a bidding war for Whiteside to keep him if someone else is offering big money and a starting job(since he is an unrestricted FA)? Joe just wanted to go there for playing time and to get noticed, how much are you willing to dish out to him(he was jsut the 2nd highest paid player in the league)? You have to renounce Deng(always been known for being about the money). LBJ already said he won't play for less than the max that is set to be $30 million this summer. Will Bosh even be able to play?

Your ownership wasn't willing to spend while LeBron was there and hasn't been willing to spend since he left.

Not sure how this fantasy comes reality unless you pretty much gut your roster again, like in 2010.

Iron24th
03-15-2016, 02:27 AM
lebron is like dwight, they could leave any tough situation.

naps
03-15-2016, 05:44 AM
The core of Winslow-Whiteside-Josh Richardson (what a steal) - Tyler Johnson looks stunningly bright for a team that's known to build it's championship rosters through blockbuster trades and free agents. Most successful franchise in producing championships in last 10 years? Yeah, I'll roll my dice with that any day of the week.

SteBO
03-15-2016, 10:37 AM
@Naps, I don't understand why HEAT fans are even arguing against this foolish notion that Miami doesn't have the young talent Milwaukee and some of these other teams have. It's just talk with no factual backing behind it, and just shows that they haven't watched the HEAT play consistently. Both Tyler Johnson and Hassan Whiteside were D-league finds, they drafted Winslow, and took Josh Richardson in the second round. The latter three I mentioned are now playing significant minutes on a team that's competing for a HCA seed in the Eastern Conference, and didn't have to tank themselves into the lottery. I'll take that over anything MIL and LAL is throwing out there. Miami has taken the time to develop their young players, and boy is it bearing fruit. Anyway Miami has the advantage of location and winning culture to appease stars/superstars in the future when/if they hit free agency.....they're doing just fine.

SteBO
03-15-2016, 10:41 AM

Hassan also wants to be in Miami....so it'll be up to the front office to come up with a happy medium. It's all part of the negotiations. I could very well be wrong, but I'm pretty confident Miami's gonna come up with the fairest deal possible assuming all goes well. Can't wait to see how he plays and conducts himself in the playoffs. That, to me at least, will be a HUGE factor here.

Bring The Heat
03-15-2016, 05:00 PM
@Naps, I don't understand why HEAT fans are even arguing against this foolish notion that Miami doesn't have the young talent Milwaukee and some of these other teams have. It's just talk with no factual backing behind it, and just shows that they haven't watched the HEAT play consistently. Both Tyler Johnson and Hassan Whiteside were D-league finds, they drafted Winslow, and took Josh Richardson in the second round. The latter three I mentioned are now playing significant minutes on a team that's competing for a HCA seed in the Eastern Conference, and didn't have to tank themselves into the lottery. I'll take that over anything MIL and LAL is throwing out there. Miami has taken the time to develop their young players, and boy is it bearing fruit. Anyway Miami has the advantage of location and winning culture to appease stars/superstars in the future when/if they hit free agency.....they're doing just fine.

Well said SteBo!

Riley made it a point after LeBron ditched for Cleveland to build back a championship contender.... So far he is heading in the right direction. Any other team woulda been lottery bound after losing the best player on the planet... Not us.. Just one season removed from LeBron's departure we are fighting for a #3 seed and our team has been playing excellent basketball lately

Vampirate
03-15-2016, 06:15 PM
If Lebron leaves to whomever the negative attention he'll receive will be comical and make for must see internet.

Chronz
03-15-2016, 08:15 PM
Justice Winslow is only 19 years old and has shown he can be a lock down defender, his offensive game needs improvement but with time that will come. He has great potential at such a young age. Similar to a young Kawhi Leonard when he first came into the league.
Similar how? Maybe we should wait before making that comparison because hes drastically under-performed compared to young KL. KL had an NBA ready body, Winslow is still maturing physically and he better have a great work ethic if his skillset going to come with time...

WaDe03
03-15-2016, 08:41 PM
Similar how? Maybe we should wait before making that comparison because hes drastically under-performed compared to young KL. KL had an NBA ready body, Winslow is still maturing physically and he better have a great work ethic if his skillset going to come with time...

Winslow already has a grown man body and locks people up. He seems to have a good work ethic as well because he keeps getting better. Young KL was also like 21-23 years old idk how old he was when he entered. Winslow is only 19.

Bring The Heat
03-15-2016, 09:47 PM

Just making the comparison because when Kawhi came into the league he was a great defender just like Winslow is but didn't have the offensive game he possess now. Kawhi Leonard was not a knock-down shooter when he first came in but with time drastically improved that shot and his all around offensive game and became an all-star. Winslow has a great attitude and work ethic/maturity for his age. Obviously has ways to go if he wants to become a player like Leonard but just drawing the comparison coming into the league.

Coaches/players say the hardest transition from College is being able to defend well against NBA caliber players. Winslow has already shown he is a lock down defender. Being only 19 years old he can definitely take his offense to another level.

Um Justice Winslow does have an NBA ready body.. He's strong and finishes through contact.. he's only 19 years and standing at 6'7 225 lbs.. Kawhi Leonard is 6'7 230 lbs... Leonard has freak hands and wingspan so he probably has him in that.. but other than that similiar size/body type.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-17-2016, 12:19 PM
Can't believe this dude talking crap about the Heat, LOL... We got 3 championship banners hanging from the past 10 years. 5 finals appearances.. thats enough for you to shut your mouth already. Your bucks haven't done squat bro your only argument is bragging about the young talent you guys have? lol Yeah I would hope you have some talent to be excited about being in the lottery so many times. Hasn't translated into any playoff success thus far.. So to me it means JACK ****.

Your team is out of playoff contention while we are sitting at #4 fighting for the #3 spot just one year removed after the best player on the planet left. Most teams would be lottery bound for years to come. Riley has done a phenomenal job piecing together a playoff time and a bright future with some nice young pieces. Keep hating kid. If it was a Spurs, Lakers, or any other organization with championships to speak of then they can take all the crap they want. But the Milwaukee Bucks? get the **** outta here lol.

Almost sounds like Beasted. Beasted make a second account? lol

IKnowHoops
03-18-2016, 01:32 AM
lebron is like dwight, they could leave any tough situation.

But unlike dwight, Lebron was the best player in the NBA for 8 years or so, and is probably the 2nd best player now.

NYKalltheway
03-18-2016, 03:39 AM
so Lebron to Warriors? :D

Vinylman
03-18-2016, 10:24 AM
Just making the comparison because when Kawhi came into the league he was a great defender just like Winslow is but didn't have the offensive game he possess now. Kawhi Leonard was not a knock-down shooter when he first came in but with time drastically improved that shot and his all around offensive game and became an all-star. Winslow has a great attitude and work ethic/maturity for his age. Obviously has ways to go if he wants to become a player like Leonard but just drawing the comparison coming into the league.

Coaches/players say the hardest transition from College is being able to defend well against NBA caliber players. Winslow has already shown he is a lock down defender. Being only 19 years old he can definitely take his offense to another level.

Um Justice Winslow does have an NBA ready body.. He's strong and finishes through contact.. he's only 19 years and standing at 6'7 225 lbs.. Kawhi Leonard is 6'7 230 lbs... Leonard has freak hands and wingspan so he probably has him in that.. but other than that similiar size/body type.

you gotta love Heat fans...

Leonard was 9 months older than winslow when they both played their first NBA game... not really relevant

Leonard shot 37.6% from 3 his first year and 49.3% overall... I guess that's not a good shooter LMFAO

Winslow is shooting 25.7% from 3 and 43.4% overall... now that's not a good shooter

As for the Heat... looks like it gets a little harder to win when you actually play some playoff teams...

DWADE with the 3 for the tie.... CLANK ... now that's a good shooter... 18.9% from 3 this year

Bring The Heat
03-18-2016, 12:56 PM

Leonard was 9 months older than winslow when they both played their first NBA game... not really relevant

Leonard shot 37.6% from 3 his first year and 49.3% overall... I guess that's not a good shooter LMFAO

Winslow is shooting 25.7% from 3 and 43.4% overall... now that's not a good shooter

As for the Heat... looks like it gets a little harder to win when you actually play some playoff teams...

DWADE with the 3 for the tie.... CLANK ... now that's a good shooter... 18.9% from 3 this year

Winslow probably won't become the same shooter that Kawhi is today but he certainly can improve to where defenders have to respect it and he has more room to drive. It's still a fair comparison considering physical attributes and defensive mentality.

Were certainly not winning a championship this year .. but we the chance to make some noise in the playoffs with the young players + veterans. Point is we are heading in the right direction and we have nice young talent. Riley has done a great job, he didn't mail it in after LeBron.. He has our team heading for the playoffs and competing.. instead of Lottery bound... We are not far from being a championship contender.. That will attract players come free agency.

Vinylman
03-18-2016, 02:12 PM
Winslow probably won't become the same shooter that Kawhi is today but he certainly can improve to where defenders have to respect it and he has more room to drive. It's still a fair comparison considering physical attributes and defensive mentality.

Were certainly not winning a championship this year .. but we the chance to make some noise in the playoffs with the young players + veterans. Point is we are heading in the right direction and we have nice young talent. Riley has done a great job, he didn't mail it in after LeBron.. He has our team heading for the playoffs and competing.. instead of Lottery bound... We are not far from being a championship contender.. That will attract players come free agency.

meh...

you aren't being realistic... your recent surge is related to joe Johnson and playing a favorable schedule... do you really think JJ is going to resign next year for the Vet Min when he will easily command $9-10 million on a 1 year deal? Wade / Bosh will be another year older, etc... , etc... , etc...

As for your youth... while some the players are nice they are not the focal point of other teams game planning... how will they perform if they ever become the focus is the question....

Your window is basically closed with Wade and Bosh... If you were in the West you would be a first round exit in the playoffs

Chronz
03-18-2016, 03:44 PM
Winslow already has a grown man body and locks people up. He seems to have a good work ethic as well because he keeps getting better. Young KL was also like 21-23 years old idk how old he was when he entered. Winslow is only 19.
Seems like compared to young Kawhi he has alil filling out to do and hes relatively short for a SF isn't he? 6"6 on draft day and I remember scouts talking about his struggles vs nba caliber length.
Hes a decent defender but I dont know about All-D caliber, unless by locks people up your standards are small. You remind me alot of the Miami fan that kept hyping up Dorrel Wright back in the day, saying how he was the next Pippen, I bought the hype then, I dont know about now.

Hes 19 years old or so, so theres plenty of time to grow/mature, I know hes not a scrawny kid but wait in a few years when he fills out.

Just making the comparison because when Kawhi came into the league he was a great defender just like Winslow is but didn't have the offensive game he possess now.
But he was VASTLY superior on both ends, why not compare him to someone like MKG, who cant score but defends at an elite level? Not sexy enough? MKG was a MUCH better defender his rookie year and still doesn't possess much range, Winslow is already the better shooter (both suck) but you want to look at a SF with the size to play 3/4, thats MKG. Im hoping Winslow beefs up similarly and I remember an article suggesting it best he comes along slowly to let his body catch up with his work load.

Kawhi Leonard was not a knock-down shooter when he first came in but with time drastically improved that shot and his all around offensive game and became an all-star. Winslow has a great attitude and work ethic/maturity for his age. Obviously has ways to go if he wants to become a player like Leonard but just drawing the comparison coming into the league.
He was however a MUCH better shooter and a MUCH better defender. I just dont like the comparison due to the athletic differences and the inferior skillset, hes much closer to MKG than a beast like Kawhi. Im going to go on a limb but Im guessing lots of guys have come in without a J but good instincts defensively, very few of them become poor mans Kawhi and Im certain even fewer after such unproductive rookie seasons.

Coaches/players say the hardest transition from College is being able to defend well against NBA caliber players.
Not from what I've heard, if anything playing forward is the easiest transition compared to learning how to run an NBA offense as a PG and defending at the team level (particularly as a bigman), its why those 2 positions tend to peak later whereas swings have their best years sooner in their athletic prime.

Winslow has already shown he is a lock down defender. Being only 19 years old he can definitely take his offense to another level.
Nah, hes shown to be a quality defender, hes got quite abit to go before hes an elite defender, unless if by lockdown you simply mean a good defender. Also, hows his team D? Thats FAR more important than your impact on a singular player.

Has he grown an inch+ since the combine? I know he was listed abit shorter than young Kawhi but I guess a half inch+10 lbs isn't much of a difference. Still abit less talented and definitely not as skilled overall. Im curious tho, if he finishes through contact to a point where its a strength, why does he miss so much inside? Are the looks created for him so poor that hes constantly having to finish against contact? Would sort of make sense actually.

Chronz
03-18-2016, 04:08 PM
Read some bios. He's basically the same size as Lance Stephenson, only lacks the skill to play the 2. Names like Luol Deng, Maurice Harkless were popping up. Those are far better comparisons than Kawhi

WaDe03
03-19-2016, 01:11 AM

That's a top 20 GOAT though so it's all good. Be thankful he stubbornly refused to develop a 3 point shot or he would without a doubt be better than Kobe. I don't see how a Lakers fan thinks they can talk **** to people on here.

prodigy
03-19-2016, 05:58 AM

Its still so funny how much credit people gice riley. Lebron wade and bosh made the decision to play together. Miami was the best fit of the 3 teams clearly. Nothing to do with riley sorry. After Lebron they still had this guy name Wade and another name bosh. Then he overpaid guys like Deng. Solid team but never a contender,

If LeBron leaves Cavs they would still have Irving and Love. Love honestly would prob be so much better just getting more shots. Cavs would still be solid if they get another decent piece.

WaDe03
03-19-2016, 09:58 AM
Its still so funny how much credit people gice riley. Lebron wade and bosh made the decision to play together. Miami was the best fit of the 3 teams clearly. Nothing to do with riley sorry. After Lebron they still had this guy name Wade and another name bosh. Then he overpaid guys like Deng. Solid team but never a contender,

If LeBron leaves Cavs they would still have Irving and Love. Love honestly would prob be so much better just getting more shots. Cavs would still be solid if they get another decent piece.

The Cavs were pretty much the worst team in the league when LeBron left. Love and Irving would probably play better but I don't think Kyrie can lead a team and guys already don't like playing with him. Heat 2 years removed from LeBron are competing for the 3rd seed right now. Last year was just a big cluster **** of injuries. This season we have 2 of our rotation guys out but we've been able to hold it down without them. Apparently Johnson will be back early April and Bosh said he wants to be back this year. Times ticking so hopefully we get them back with some time left in the regular season.

I agree Bosh and LeBron came to Miami because of Wade. Riley did throw his rings on the table though so that may have helped. Either way Riley is very good, traded for Shaq, got us Goran who has finally played well with a faster pace, got Deng who is putting up Bosh numbers the past month, found Whiteside and Tyler Johnson out of nowhere, drafted Winslow and JRich who has been unbelievable, and much more for this team. Wade got us Joe Johnson though. Idk if you were talking about Riley in just general or for that particular situation. If you're just talking about the situation I agree with you.

Scoots
03-19-2016, 11:31 AM
I can see the Kawhi/Winslow comparison ... they are not equal or close to it ... but there are some similarities.

It's like when Phil mentioned Abdul-Rauf and Curry and people lost their ****. It's a comparison of aspects between a great player and a player who had some similar attributes. It's not an insult.

Here is another one ... Mike Dunleavy Jr and Larry Bird. Tall smart white guys who can shoot and have trouble staying on the court late in their careers.

zeppelin6601
03-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Trying to analyze how a 19 year-old will progress is fairly absurd. They have yet to mature physically, and no two 19 year-olds will develop at the same rate. Winslow could really explode and become a stud, both offensively and defensively, or he can stall and become a bust. Trying to predict the outcome is like trying to predict the weather in three years: it's better to wait see what actually happens. Now can we return this thread back to the Lebron panic? As a Heat fan it killed me with anxiety two years ago, and now I get a chance to actually enjoy all the madness.

Vinylman
03-19-2016, 02:09 PM
That's a top 20 GOAT though so it's all good. Be thankful he stubbornly refused to develop a 3 point shot or he would without a doubt be better than Kobe. I don't see how a Lakers fan thinks they can talk **** to people on here.

try and stay focused... i know its hard but no one is talking about the Lakers...

I guess you got nothing to say about your Heat surge stalling...

WaDe03
03-19-2016, 05:26 PM
try and stay focused... i know its hard but no one is talking about the Lakers...

I guess you got nothing to say about your Heat surge stalling...

We lost to the Hornets because we got up by 15 and thought we could coast the rest of the way. None of this is even on topic and you sounds dumb as hell. You came in here bashing the Heat so I'll bash the Lakers its that simple.

WaDe03
03-19-2016, 05:28 PM
Also not sure how the "surge" has stalled. We lost to the Hornets who are playing great recently. We're not going to beat every team every time we play them. If that was the case we would be 82-0. You bashed us earlier for losing to the Bucks, the Warriors lost to the Bucks. It's the NBA **** like that happens.

WaDe03
03-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Vinylman we were up on the Cavs by 33 and blew them out tonight. I don't want to hear anymore of your ****. Not a diss to Cavs fans btw.

naps
03-20-2016, 02:56 AM

Serious? Where are the Heat standing now? Where did the Cavs stand for 4 years after LeBron left? Yeah PURAGATORY. Heat are already one of the top teams in the east while at the same time Riley gathered a nice youg core of whitside-winslow-josh richardson-tyler johnson basically from nothing? Without being miserable for 4 years? Pat Riley is a genius. If your president/GM was like Pat, your franchise palyer wouldnt fire coahces and wouldnt go on a vacation to workout out with his friend in the middle of a season and wouldnt send cryptic messages through twitter. Wade orchestrated 2010 and Pat made it possible. No other team could have those three except for the Heat at that price. Also no other team had a Riley.

Cavs will always suck without LeBron. Kyrie ans Love suck. LeBron knows it now better than anyone else. Good luck winning championships. People called Wade injury prone? Wade missed one playoff game in 4 consecutive finals trips. Kyrie barely plays. And Bosh? Astronomically better than Love at both ends. LeBron knows it now.

beasted86
03-20-2016, 09:40 AM
That guy said the Cavs will still be good without LeBron and you actually bothered typing out a long response? He's clearly a deluded homer.

Anyway, LeBron is not leaving Cleveland, and I for one don't want him back in Miami at the expense he would cost (no money to keep Whiteside/kill youth movement). What's done is done. He wanted Cleveland, now he has it. With their front office and team management it will be far harder to win championships.

prodigy
03-21-2016, 02:28 AM
The Cavs were pretty much the worst team in the league when LeBron left. Love and Irving would probably play better but I don't think Kyrie can lead a team and guys already don't like playing with him. Heat 2 years removed from LeBron are competing for the 3rd seed right now. Last year was just a big cluster **** of injuries. This season we have 2 of our rotation guys out but we've been able to hold it down without them. Apparently Johnson will be back early April and Bosh said he wants to be back this year. Times ticking so hopefully we get them back with some time left in the regular season.

I agree Bosh and LeBron came to Miami because of Wade. Riley did throw his rings on the table though so that may have helped. Either way Riley is very good, traded for Shaq, got us Goran who has finally played well with a faster pace, got Deng who is putting up Bosh numbers the past month, found Whiteside and Tyler Johnson out of nowhere, drafted Winslow and JRich who has been unbelievable, and much more for this team. Wade got us Joe Johnson though. Idk if you were talking about Riley in just general or for that particular situation. If you're just talking about the situation I agree with you.

Well when LeBron left they didn't have the team they do now lol. By no means do I think cavs are a contender without Lebron. But I could see a solid team there. Just like I don't believe the heat are real contenders. Good team yes but not a contender.

I believe all around Riley is prob the most overrated person in basketball. Scouts got y'all winslow whos a solid young player still got a lot to go.

prodigy
03-21-2016, 04:18 AM
That guy said the Cavs will still be good without LeBron and you actually bothered typing out a long response? He's clearly a deluded homer.

Anyway, LeBron is not leaving Cleveland, and I for one don't want him back in Miami at the expense he would cost (no money to keep Whiteside/kill youth movement). What's done is done. He wanted Cleveland, now he has it. With their front office and team management it will be far harder to win championships.

Like I said I do feel cavs without LeBron would a solid. also as I said def not a contender clearly. Point was when Lebron left heat they had 2 very good players in Wade and Bosh. at the time Wade was still considered one of the best in the world. Add a deng of course that's still a good team. Not a contender but good.

If Lebron left Cavs in the off-season and the Cavs attacked a good player in free agency like the heat did with Deng. Put that with Love, Irving, TT I think they could be very solid still. I mean why not. I expect Love to put up 20-12 Irving 20-6