PDA

View Full Version : JJ looking like a good fit

blahblahyoutoo
03-02-2016, 08:01 PM
good outing last night. lets hope this continues.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/21523/heat-and-joe-johnson-look-like-a-good-match

ATX
03-15-2016, 08:01 PM
This thread is so lonely! Yes, JJ has been an excellent fit for Miami. He's blended perfectly. He's been money from 3 and helped improve our Offensive Rating tremendously. He was by far the best buyout acquisition. The team has been doing great since his arrival in terms of wins. Even on the road B2B, Miami almost beat the #2 seed Raptors, without Bosh or Wade. Hopefully this Heat team can remain healthy and perhaps Bosh can rejoin the team and help them get to the ECF's. I'm excited to see how this team stacks up against Cleveland in a few days. I'm not sure what JJ is looking for in terms of his next contract, but my bet is he stays in Miami on a discounted deal.

AllBall
03-16-2016, 03:55 PM
Great fit, I think we've made the best available move at this time both this season and last.

beasted86
03-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Definitely a good fit.

And I agree, best possible addition.

I'll honestly say I never liked the cost cutting approach all season long, but if you're telling me we basically traded Chalmers, Andersen, Napier, and Zoran for Joe Johnson, I'm taking that deal.

Timely shooting upgrade for sure.

ATX
03-20-2016, 01:41 PM
JJ averages since joining the HEAT:

16 points, 3 rebs, 3 assts, with 2 made 3's. Shooting 57 FG%, 59 3PT %, 88 FT%

SteBO
03-21-2016, 09:30 AM
He instantly filled a dire need (3pt shooting), and combined with the emergence of J-Rich and Deng playing the slot he should've been used from the start, we're a top 5 3pt shooting team since the break. I expect J-Rich's %ge to come down (seriously, his current percentage since the start of March is absurd), but he's a guy you can rely on from out there. Sticking to JJ though, as beasted stated, he was very timely shooting upgrade and it came at just the right time.