PDA

View Full Version : D'Angelo Russell Went Into Steph Curry Mode

TDE
03-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Where is all the people who said this guy was a bust, or should've been picked 5th?

39 points (most by a rookie this season)
6 rebounds
3 assists
84.1 TS%
8/12 Three pointers

At 20 years + 7 days old, D'Angelo is the youngest player to make 8 threes in a game
The only other 20 year olds to drop at least 39/6/3 in a game? KD, LeBron, and Shaq

D'angelo Russell last 4 games

Rebounds 4.5
Assists: 4.7
Field Goal: 57.1%
Three Point: 68.7%

First rookie in LAL History to drop 39 points.

Alayla
03-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Been saying since the beginning he just needed touches and time people give up on players WAY to quickly anymore.

TDE
03-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Been saying since the beginning he just needed touches and time people give up on players WAY to quickly anymore.

A lot of haters gave up on him in summer league.

He has the skills to be very successful that you just cannot overlook, he has a great shot, his passing skills are A-1, he can take it off the dribble and is not bad at creating his own shot.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2016, 04:44 PM
To be fair, he has been outplayed by the other 3 rookies drafted high. But sure, anyone trying to judge a rookie thrown into a team with 2 players (Kobe, and a 2nd year player with overlapping skillsets) that are basically redundant if you have Russell, is stupid to begin with.

I honestly haven't watched enough of Russell to have a valid opinion, but I liked him coming out of college, despite him not being elite athletically.

Leftcoast_yg
03-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Last night he was playing like a mini-Tmac. Post up fadeaways, 3's on the brea

shep33
03-02-2016, 04:53 PM
To be fair, he has been outplayed by the other 3 rookies drafted high. But sure, anyone trying to judge a rookie thrown into a team with 2 players (Kobe, and a 2nd year player with overlapping skillsets) that are basically redundant if you have Russell, is stupid to begin with.

I honestly haven't watched enough of Russell to have a valid opinion, but I liked him coming out of college, despite him not being elite athletically.

Yup. If he were on Philly, or New York, etc. we would be talking about him more often. He's averaging 13,4,4 on a team where Kobe, Lou, Clarkson, and Nick Young. Ultimate ball hogs.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Yup. If he were on Philly, or New York, etc. we would be talking about him more often. He's averaging 13,4,4 on a team where Kobe, Lou, Clarkson, and Nick Young. Ultimate ball hogs.

oh god I left out Young, the ultimate black hole

KnicksorBust
03-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Very underrated passer.

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 04:57 PM
1 good game, give him the ROY award

shep33
03-02-2016, 05:03 PM
oh god I left out Young, the ultimate black hole

I don't think he's recorded an assist in years

shep33
03-02-2016, 05:04 PM
1 good game, give him the ROY award

Don't think anyone is saying that. Towns is a monster, he easily takes it.

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Don't think anyone is saying that. Towns is a monster, he easily takes it.

I like Russell, but I just hate when posters overreact, I hated when the Knicks overreacted when KP was killing it. These guys are rookies that will be up and down, even thou KAT is a clear cut winner of the ROY award he even struggled at times. But I was impressed. Hopefully he continues to grow and get better

Hawkeye15
03-02-2016, 05:11 PM
I don't think he's recorded an assist in years

During the Summer League this past year, anytime Shabazz got an assist, they would do a "Bazz got an assist" chime on the local sports radio as breaking news haha.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2016, 05:13 PM
I like Russell, but I just hate when posters overreact, I hated when the Knicks overreacted when KP was killing it. These guys are rookies that will be up and down, even thou KAT is a clear cut winner of the ROY award he even struggled at times. But I was impressed. Hopefully he continues to grow and get better

KAT has a lone game here and there where he just looks like a straight up rookie. But he has actually gotten stronger as the year progresses.

Pull up his advanced and raw numbers against Duncan, KG, Webber, Ewing, any big in the last 20-30 years. You will be amazed at what you see...

shep33
03-02-2016, 05:14 PM

Yeah I'm with you bro. It's still early for these kids. KAT is gonna be fantastic, not a traditional big. KP and Russ will both be good too, Towns has the least amount of weaknesses by far though.

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 05:15 PM
KAT has a lone game here and there where he just looks like a straight up rookie. But he has actually gotten stronger as the year progresses.

Pull up his advanced and raw numbers against Duncan, KG, Webber, Ewing, any big in the last 20-30 years. You will be amazed at what you see...

I love KAT, it was expected of him to kill it in his rookie year, it also helps when he's learning from KG. Wolves are up and coming, just need a coach and someone to take Rubio off your hands!

shep33
03-02-2016, 05:16 PM
During the Summer League this past year, anytime Shabazz got an assist, they would do a "Bazz got an assist" chime on the local sports radio as breaking news haha.

Haha, dude I hated watching Shabazz at UCLA. Never seen a shot he didn't like. I thought it was Nick 2.0.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2016, 05:20 PM
I love KAT, it was expected of him to kill it in his rookie year, it also helps when he's learning from KG. Wolves are up and coming, just need a coach and someone to take Rubio off your hands!

New coach, yes. Rubio has become underrated, and I never thought I would say that. 5th in RPM at his position, and 1st in defensive RPM by a mile.

Just learn to hit a wise open 3, and a ****ing layup, and he is borderline elite. it's so frustrating. One game, he destroys Lowry with 19-8-8 and defense, the next Conley kills him.

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Yeah I'm with you bro. It's still early for these kids. KAT is gonna be fantastic, not a traditional big. KP and Russ will both be good too, Towns has the least amount of weaknesses by far though.

Agreed, I also think Russell would excel more as a SG

shep33
03-02-2016, 05:21 PM

I like Rubio as a playmaker and defender, but damn, he hasn't come close to shooting 40% from the field in his career. Has an outstanding ability to not make layups or really any type of shot.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2016, 05:22 PM
Speaking of Russell, I kept hearing Roy comparisons (type of game) coming out of college. Is that accurate?

shep33
03-02-2016, 05:22 PM
Agreed, I also think Russell would excel more as a SG

I agree. He's a combo guard definitely. I think his game translates more to a poorer man's Harden. He can't guard quick pg's either

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 05:24 PM
New coach, yes. Rubio has become underrated, and I never thought I would say that. 5th in RPM at his position, and 1st in defensive RPM by a mile.

Just learn to hit a wise open 3, and a ****ing layup, and he is borderline elite. it's so frustrating. One game, he destroys Lowry with 19-8-8 and defense, the next Conley kills him.

That's the problem, will he ever be able to be a respectable shooter? The only way I can see Rubio working with the wolves is if you had a sharper shooting SG, similar to Rondo when he had Allen. But you guys have Lavine, he's just to inconsistent in the offensive end

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 05:27 PM
I like Rubio as a playmaker and defender, but damn, he hasn't come close to shooting 40% from the field in his career. Has an outstanding ability to not make layups or really any type of shot.

Lol he's a Rajon Rondo light, difference is Rondo can make a lay up lol. He's a great defender and distributer but that's it.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2016, 05:27 PM
That's the problem, will he ever be able to be a respectable shooter? The only way I can see Rubio working with the wolves is if you had a sharper shooting SG, similar to Rondo when he had Allen. But you guys have Lavine, he's just to inconsistent in the offensive end

which is why I want Murray out of Kentucky (remember, we get to add one more high lottery pick, I expect 322-35 wins or more by next year). I would also hope Wiggins spends the summer dedicating it to the 3 ball (last summer was ball handling, it's much better, but still not great).

Hawkeye15
03-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Lol he's a Rajon Rondo light, difference is Rondo can make a lay up lol. He's a great defender and distributer but that's it.

excellent rebounder as well, and the difference between how the team functions with him on the floor versus off has been a strength of his since he was 14.

Mofo just can't shoot a lick. And he hits 80% from the line, so idk

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 05:30 PM
I agree. He's a combo guard definitely. I think his game translates more to a poorer man's Harden. He can't guard quick pg's either

I think he more of Brandon Roy like Hawkeye said, not as fast, average athletic ability but can get buckets, can be a very good passer at the SG.

tredigs
03-02-2016, 05:30 PM
Where is all the people who said this guy was a bust, or should've been picked 5th?

6 rebounds
3 assists
84.1 TS%
8/12 Three pointers

At 20 years + 7 days old, D'Angelo is the youngest player to make 8 threes in a game
The only other 20 year olds to drop at least 39/6/3 in a game? KD, LeBron, and Shaq

Rebounds 4.5

Lol, looking to "call out the haterz!" after a game against a backcourt of Donald Sloan/Wayne Ellington/Shane Larkin and the rest of the Nets? Come on dude. His has a sub-average PER, sub-average TS%, a negative BPM, WS/48 of 0.19 and is averaging 12.9/3.6/3.4. It's fair to blame much of his struggles on the Kobe/LA situation, but Okafor/Porzingis/Towns have all been better than him.

He's got clear talent (widely agreed upon), and actually I remember more people saying he should go #2 than otherwise, but he has not impressed too much this season (certainly not the clear cut ROY and potential MVP candidate our friend Praise-Jesus predicted of him). Myles Turner has been probably more impressive.

Gibby23
03-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Speaking of Russell, I kept hearing Roy comparisons (type of game) coming out of college. Is that accurate?

Not really, his game is different. His 3 point shot has been getting better, and he has also added the Kobe post up moves to his game in the last month. From November to now he is way better and looks totally different.

He doesn't remind me of Roy, it is kind of hard to compare him to someone right now. They changes the offense the last 3 games and it involves more movement and you can tell it fits his style more. I would recommend watching him tonight if Kobe isn't playing, that would make Lou and Kobe out tonight. Plays the game with ease and under control and flashes crazy court vision at times.

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 05:31 PM

I would compare him to Roy, idk if he will be as clutch as Roy but they're very similar

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 05:34 PM
excellent rebounder as well, and the difference between how the team functions with him on the floor versus off has been a strength of his since he was 14.

Mofo just can't shoot a lick. And he hits 80% from the line, so idk

Lol i hate when a player that can't shoot a lick on the perimeter can be an above average FT shooter. Just doesn't make sense and what's crazy is his mechanics aren't that bad, he just needs to tweak certain thing in his shoot form. I mean if Trevor Ariza and can become an above average shooter then anyone can cause he couldn't shoot for **** when we drafted him

Vincent
03-02-2016, 05:35 PM

6 rebounds
3 assists
84.1 TS%
8/12 Three pointers

Rebounds 4.5

I like DeAngelo Russell, and it was a nice game... but just remember, Brandon Jennnings scored 55 during his rookie year too... and history hasn't been very kind to him. 1 game doesn't make a season or indicate a career trajectory.

But nicely done Mr. Russell, hope you'll continue development next year when the Kobe shackles are off. I hope him and Clarkson find a way to develop chemistry together.

Gibby23
03-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Lol, looking to "call out the haterz!" after a game against a backcourt of Donald Sloan/Wayne Ellington/Shane Larkin and the rest of the Nets? Come on dude. His has a sub-average PER, sub-average TS%, a negative BPM, WS/48 of 0.19 and is averaging 12.9/3.6/3.4. It's fair to blame much of his struggles on the Kobe/LA situation, but Okafor/Porzingis/Towns have all been better than him.

He's got clear talent (widely agreed upon), and actually I remember more people saying he should go #2 than otherwise, but he has not impressed too much this season (certainly not the clear cut ROY and potential MVP candidate our friend Praise-Jesus predicted of him). Myles Turner has been probably more impressive.

I mean he is 19. I bet by the time he is in his age 21 season his numbers will be better than what Curry put up at age 21 when he was a rookie playing 36 min a game in a fast paced offense.

Gibby23
03-02-2016, 05:38 PM
I would compare him to Roy, idk if he will be as clutch as Roy but they're very similar

Not really.

tredigs
03-02-2016, 06:04 PM
I mean he is 19. I bet by the time he is in his age 21 season his numbers will be better than what Curry put up at age 21 when he was a rookie playing 36 min a game in a fast paced offense.

I'd sure hope so, considering Curry was a rookie in a new/bad system with a ball dominant SG. But, even then I'd be very surprised if he is outproducing Curry's post ASB #'s when Russell is 21. That would be 22/6/8 on 47/44/91 (Rookie Of The Month 3 of the last 4 months and broke the record for 3's by a rookie). He's 20 now btw.

DaLakerz Rulz
03-02-2016, 06:10 PM

True no need to overreact over one game, but he has steadily improved throughout the season if you look at his per month averages/percentages. Its not just a 1 game anomaly. With more experience, no Kobe, and I pray to God no more Byron Scott, I see no reason why he should not do really well in the league going forward. The upside is definitely there.

Chronz
03-02-2016, 06:19 PM
They both have/had that calming influence, like they've been running point for years in the NBA but its really nice with DA considering his youth. You can tell hes confident, bordering cocky, I have a feeling hes gonna develop nicely. But thats just about the only similarities aside from their body types.

Roy operated on the wings, mastered the in between game. He was like a SG version of CP3 with how he ran the PnR only with abit of Kobe's skillset in the iso game. Roy is built similarly and neither were elite athletes (tho I think Roy was better here) but Russ's game is more of a distributor/facilitator and he operates at the top of the key mostly. I wonder if he succeeds as a PG because he lacks their quickness and agility, hes gonna have to really work on defensive angles if he plans on staying as a 1. He should work with Livingston in the off-season, to learn how he utilizes his height on both ends.

I really like him as a prospect (I always like tall PG's as prospects but very rarely have we seen one this talented, not since Livingston actually). Hopefully he ends up an All-Star but hes had a rough rookie season, not very impressed with him but hes the only reason I will still watch Laker games once Kobe retires.

Chronz
03-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Lol i hate when a player that can't shoot a lick on the perimeter can be an above average FT shooter. Just doesn't make sense and what's crazy is his mechanics aren't that bad, he just needs to tweak certain thing in his shoot form. I mean if Trevor Ariza and can become an above average shooter then anyone can cause he couldn't shoot for **** when we drafted him

Wonder how you felt about Bruce Bowen? Elite in the corners, sucks at the line.

Gibby23
03-02-2016, 07:03 PM
I'd sure hope so, considering Curry was a rookie in a new/bad system with a ball dominant SG. But, even then I'd be very surprised if he is outproducing Curry's post ASB #'s when Russell is 21. That would be 22/6/8 on 47/44/91 (Rookie Of The Month 3 of the last 4 months and broke the record for 3's by a rookie). He's 20 now btw.

Still his age 19 season, I mean even Steph turned 22 in his rookie year. We will see, but you act like he is going to come in the NBA producing like a 3 or 4 year college player. Players like Curry and Lillard were way more seasoned coming in. Steph got way better from year one of college until present day, Russell still had a better freshman season than Steph did in college. You are sitting here and acting like he can't improve.

tredigs
03-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Still his age 19 season, I mean even Steph turned 22 in his rookie year. We will see, but you act like he is going to come in the NBA producing like a 3 or 4 year college player. Players like Curry and Lillard were way more seasoned coming in. Steph got way better from year one of college until present day, Russell still had a better freshman season than Steph did in college. You are sitting here and acting like he can't improve.

No, actually I've done nothing of the sort. Basically you said he'd be better than Curry at the same age, and I said, "I doubt that very much". If we're just comparing same ages, Curry at 19 was the top scorer in college basketball/All-American/record breaker who led Davidson to their first tournament win in 40 years after they upset the 7 seed (Gonzaga) and next the 2 seed (Georgetown). He was already a transcendent talent. One of the better shooters in college history, and someone Bobby Knight said was "as good a passer as he has ever seen in college basketball". Looking at the 2nd half of his rookie year, you see that his dominance nearly immediately translated to the pro level.

Westbrook was playing behind the most stacked guard backcourt in college in modern times, and then joined a team with the a top scorer. He was in the shadow for a bit there.

Russell could be very good, I could see him having a Dame Lillard type impact down the line. But so far, he has not been very good save for some sweet performances here and there (I did agree that his situation is harmful to him). But the kid needs to work on his shooting. 70% from the line and 36% from three are very mediocre to bad numbers. Also, a horrible defender. You can't be both of those things.

Chronz
03-02-2016, 07:27 PM

I think hes just casting doubt on the notion you hold of him edging Steph (statistically or otherwise) by the time he reaches that stage/age.

I know age matters most but a players rookie year is always the toughest, regardless of age. You're right that Curry was more developed by then but he also improved rapidly. Steph basically reached All-Star caliber level by mid-season. He would obviously continue to improve but I think you should realize just how high the bar you're setting is. His final 40 games were FAR different from his first 40 games, that level of production was a harbinger of things to come, he or Harden should have won ROY over Reke but people were in love with arbitrary standings if they compare to MJ/Bron.

Do you see Russ have a ROY caliber season in a year or so from now? (Pretending hes a rook)

Gibby23
03-02-2016, 07:29 PM
No, actually I've done nothing of the sort. Basically you said he'd be better than Curry at the same age, and I said, "I doubt that very much". If we're just comparing same ages, Curry at 19 was the top scorer in college basketball/All-American/record breaker who led Davidson to their first tournament win in 40 years after they upset the 7 seed (Gonzaga) and next the 2 seed (Georgetown). He was already a transcendent talent. One of the better shooters in college history, and someone Bobby Knight said was "as good a passer as he has ever seen in college basketball". Looking at the 2nd half of his rookie year, you see that his dominance nearly immediately translated to the pro level.

Westbrook was playing behind the most stacked guard backcourt in college in modern times, and then joined a team with the a top scorer. He was in the shadow for a bit there.

Russell could be very good, I could see him having a Dame Lillard type impact down the line. But so far, he has not been very good save for some sweet performances here and there (I did agree that his situation is harmful to him). But the kid needs to work on his shooting. 70% from the line and 36% from three are very mediocre to bad numbers. Also, a horrible defender. You can't be both of those things.

Im sure he will work on those things and some will come with experience and a better coach. He shows flashes on defense but the whole team sucks at d and are bigs suck covering off screens. I don't see where he hasn't been improving because his shooting % and 3% have been getting better every month. We will see, but I think he can have a Lillard type impact in a few years as well if he works on his weakness of FT, defense, and just getting stronger.

Gibby23
03-02-2016, 07:33 PM
I think hes just casting doubt on the notion you hold of him edging Steph (statistically or otherwise) by the time he reaches that stage/age.

I know age matters most but a players rookie year is always the toughest, regardless of age. You're right that Curry was more developed by then but he also improved rapidly. Steph basically reached All-Star caliber level by mid-season. He would obviously continue to improve but I think you should realize just how high the bar you're setting is. His final 40 games were FAR different from his first 40 games, that level of production was a harbinger of things to come, he or Harden should have won ROY over Reke but people were in love with arbitrary standings if they compare to MJ/Bron.

Do you see Russ have a ROY caliber season in a year or so from now? (Pretending hes a rook)

In 2 years for sure, I think he comes back a lot better next year and hopefully they are with a new coach and a more open and modern offense. I see him being really good next year and All star level in his 3rd year.

TDE
03-02-2016, 07:54 PM

Lol, not just last nights game, he's been putting up these numbers the last 10 games
17.1 ppg, 4.0 apg, 3.3 rebs, 1.0 stls on 49% in 29 minutes.

And if you read carefully I was addressing the "haterz that said he was a bust, when he was just a rookie in his first 3 months and the guys who think there are 5(NOT,THREE) players who are better than him.

Bruno
03-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Very underrated passer.

I saw him in person during summer league. he was throwing passes that became turnovers, but they were brilliant passes. teammates just were too green to understand what he was doing.

eDush
03-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Steph Shimmy is more popular and imitated by his fans than D'Angelo Ice in the Veins pumper nickel which is lame

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Wonder how you felt about Bruce Bowen? Elite in the corners, sucks at the line.

Lol if it weren't for his defense and Pop's system he wouldn't be in the league.

Hated him btw

Bruno
03-02-2016, 08:25 PM
The rookies have been exciting and Russell is putting it together but it's still too early to know how we would redraft these guys. You need more than a year to consider a redraft. If you redrafted 2009 at the end of 2009-2010 Tyreke Evans probably goes in front of James Harden. It's so easy to look at 2009 and redraft it properly today. probably be the same case with this draft in five years.

jerellh528
03-02-2016, 08:26 PM
He's been progressing nicely. He started out terrible, but his numbers are starting to average out to a very respectable level and improving. He's probably in about the toughest position a highly drafted rookie pg can be put into with this team but I'm proud of him.

Tony_Starks
03-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Liking what I'm seeing. Great form on the shot, nice mid range pull up of the screen, quick release...

Most impressed with his court vision and post up game tho. Those are things that you can't really teach a pg, either you have it or you don't and he most definitely has it.

Also I love his confidence/ cockiness... even tho Byron going out of his way to be critical of him and keep him on such a short leash is kinda sorta making sense now.

KnicksorBust
03-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Very underrated passer.

I saw him in person during summer league. he was throwing passes that became turnovers, but they were brilliant passes. teammates just were too green to understand what he was doing.

Yeah his skill set is filthy. Def has the tools to be a star...don't know a damn thing about his work ethic but loved him in college.

CityofTreez
03-02-2016, 09:46 PM
So what, he went crazy against Brooklyn at home!
He balled us up in SAC before injuring himself w/ the fortune of Rondo guarding him.
He's obviously going to go OFF against plebes, and he's got a future in the league, but chill out

KB24PG16
03-02-2016, 10:20 PM
good game for him. hopefully he continue his recent play and carry it over into next season

eDush
03-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Mudiay just hit two 3 pointers on D'Angelo .....who say he can't shoot?!?

More-Than-Most
03-02-2016, 10:34 PM
If I could redraft Id take Russ number 1/Towns 1A or 2... Oka and Porz would be 3 and 4... I think Porz has more potential but he gets bullied so much where OKA could dominate but needs to work on his defense... Russ to me was the prize in this draft... I think all 4 of these guys will be huge players in this game for years to come which is amazing... Now all that being said its 1 game against the Nets and Russ has been the 4th best rookie this year... He and OKA are not in the most ideal situations nor do they have the help a Towns/KP has had but I need to see more from both Russ and OKA on the defensive side because both are **** this year on that side of the ball.

More-Than-Most
03-02-2016, 10:35 PM

now this dude is trash... Mudiay i wouldnt even take in my top 10 if I redrafted... I want no parts of him... Also Mud will likely have a career game being guarded by russ... People like to say russ has not been **** on defense but he has period... He has been bad and his lack of effort is concerning... When he fixes these 2 things people will start agreeing that he is by far the number 1 pick from this draft... I am bias for him because I love him so much lol

eDush
03-02-2016, 11:01 PM
When he fixes these 2 things people will start agreeing that he is by far the number 1 pick from this draft... I am bias for him because I love him so much lol

That's so cool MTM...you have a man crash on your boy :) I have several man crushes like my Steph so i understand what you mean :nod:

More-Than-Most
03-02-2016, 11:12 PM
That's so cool MTM...you have a man crash on your boy :) I have several man crushes like my Steph so i understand what you mean :nod:

Yea Lebron/Russ right now are my top 2 man crushes... I actually feel bad for curry man... I told Tre in another thread a while back that it wont be long b4 everyone starts to hate on curry... As soon as you become a threat the laker fans will hate you because Kobe... The Bulls fans will hate you because Jordan... The general fan will hate you because Jordan and ex Nba players will hate on you because they all think they could score 100 in todays sport and yada yada yada.... This is what happens when you become a threat for the Goat seat and curry is now feeling a tiny bit of that wrath that lebron has had to face his entire career and unfairly so it will only get worse for curry... So instead of people enjoying what they are watching they would rather hate.

jerellh528
03-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Yea Lebron/Russ right now are my top 2 man crushes... I actually feel bad for curry man... I told Tre in another thread a while back that it wont be long b4 everyone starts to hate on curry... As soon as you become a threat the laker fans will hate you because Kobe... The Bulls fans will hate you because Jordan... The general fan will hate you because Jordan and ex Nba players will hate on you because they all think they could score 100 in todays sport and yada yada yada.... This is what happens when you become a threat for the Goat seat and curry is now feeling a tiny bit of that wrath that lebron has had to face his entire career and unfairly so it will only get worse for curry... So instead of people enjoying what they are watching they would rather hate.

Curry is impossible for me to hate. Lebron is another story because every single thing that comes out of his mouth rubs me the wrong way. Curry seems like a cool guy/ charming and funny. Lebron just seems like an *** who probably talks to his boys and refers to himself in the third person. For me Lebron is the Kanye west of basketball.

TDE
03-02-2016, 11:29 PM
His stats? Aren't they like 37 and 27 percent

Corey
03-02-2016, 11:52 PM
I love him. I was really high on him coming into the season.

Im glad he's finally getting time and touches.

numba1CHANGsta
03-03-2016, 12:36 AM
And SAC turned down a trade that would have sent them D-Russ, Randle, and Clarkson for Cousins LOL No wonder SAC never wins.

Aust
03-03-2016, 01:47 AM
Happy w/his progress. Needs to improve his FT%.

Hope he can win All-Rookie 1st team so we can have back to back 1st team Guards win it. I know that's meaningless, just something I'd like to see.

ManningToTyree
03-03-2016, 01:52 AM
Was hoping he was going to fall to the Knicks in the draft. He got off to a rocky start but I still think he's going to be a very good player for a long time.

We might look back on this draft in 5 years and he very impressed.

blakersburris
03-03-2016, 03:32 AM
Ohio State fans claim he is the next Lakers superstar.

I love watching players progress - it's amazing how talented players have so much to learn once they hit big league.

My only problem with him is that he has a lazy swag about him. He looks lackadaisical at times.but, that can be improved upon.

Iron24th
03-03-2016, 04:01 AM
He's very talented and has a nice touch and some killer instinct, but his work ethic will dictate if he'll be something special or not.

jerellh528
03-03-2016, 04:09 AM

To be fair, Dlo is playing pretty well post ASB himself.

19/4/5 on 54/60/70 .69ts% 132 ortg.. not including his past 2 games which would inflate those numbers a bit. Haha small sample size but he's improving. It's within the realm of possibility that his post ASB numbers this season will catch or surpass curry's raw post ASB numbers u posted minus those assists doe. Doubt it'll happen though because there's only 3 weeks left and Kobe fwt is about to switch gears into full effect.

mrblisterdundee
03-04-2016, 12:59 PM
I think he's really going to take off next season, when he doesn't have to take a back seat to Kobe's farewell tour. But I wonder whether he should be a point or shooting guard. I think he and Jordan Clarkson will make a decent young back court.

Gibby23
03-04-2016, 01:10 PM
I think he's really going to take off next season, when he doesn't have to take a back seat to Kobe's farewell tour. But I wonder whether he should be a point or shooting guard. I think he and Jordan Clarkson will make a decent young back court.

I hope we can get some FA's. Jordan projects as a good 6th man to me.

Scoots
03-04-2016, 01:43 PM

With Luke Walton as the new coach expect a lot of ball movement and a GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEN light :)

Hawkeye15
03-04-2016, 02:22 PM
If I could redraft Id take Russ number 1/Towns 1A or 2... Oka and Porz would be 3 and 4... I think Porz has more potential but he gets bullied so much where OKA could dominate but needs to work on his defense... Russ to me was the prize in this draft... I think all 4 of these guys will be huge players in this game for years to come which is amazing... Now all that being said its 1 game against the Nets and Russ has been the 4th best rookie this year... He and OKA are not in the most ideal situations nor do they have the help a Towns/KP has had but I need to see more from both Russ and OKA on the defensive side because both are **** this year on that side of the ball.

are you mental? Towns has already shown he will be a league superstar...

GiantsSwaGG
03-04-2016, 02:42 PM

Lol don't bother

SLY WILLIAMS
03-04-2016, 02:46 PM
I had no idea he had this kind of NBA game. I saw him early in the season and understood why some Lakers fans feared he was a bust.

tredigs
03-04-2016, 03:46 PM

Hawk it's MTM homey...

I'm glad to see that Russell is going to potentially beast though. If he does get up to that Dame Lillard level of impact, that's just one more insanely talented/fun PG to watch in this league.

Aust
03-04-2016, 06:30 PM

Yeah I basically said the same thing to him in the Laker forum.

Kyben36
03-04-2016, 07:23 PM
He still needs alot of time before he is ready to be a real qualiy starter. lets not let this go to our heads like porzingis did earlier this season, Both have potential, still way to early to say.

Gibby23
03-04-2016, 07:32 PM
He still needs alot of time before he is ready to be a real qualiy starter. lets not let this go to our heads like porzingis did earlier this season, Both have potential, still way to early to say.

Quality starter? Look at his progression month by month and look at all of the guards that "start" in the NBA. How many are better? You will have trouble once you get into the 20's and you have to find 60 better. He is a top 30 guard right now.

eDush
03-05-2016, 02:13 AM
I watch the Nuggets game today and Mudiay reminded me of Magic at the way he plays the point, his no look passes, it was so impressive. Should the Lakers trade Russell for Mudiay if they get a chance?

Aust
03-05-2016, 02:57 AM
I watch the Nuggets game today and Mudiay reminded me of Magic at the way he plays the point, his no look passes, it was so impressive. Should the Lakers trade Russell for Mudiay if they get a chance?

You could be doing so much more productive things with your time than trolling.

More-Than-Most
03-05-2016, 03:08 AM
I cant defend him tonight... i have not seen a worse game from someone this year... he was forcing shots and sucked... he was turning it over and he played negative defense. Just a bad bad bad showing.

More-Than-Most
03-05-2016, 03:10 AM

The lakers would laugh at this... Mud is trash and will never be a good player.. He was who i wanted the sixers to stay far far away from

eDush
03-05-2016, 03:11 AM
You have no idea who Magic is and thinking its Orlando. Mudiay not only plays like Magic tonight but he has almost the same body type. Russell body type is more like Steph. The big question is which one has a better chance ending up like the player mention. I would think the Lakers would rather have a young Magic than a young Curry to led their team even now.

eDush
03-05-2016, 03:14 AM
I cant defend him tonight... i have not seen a worse game from someone this year... he was forcing shots and sucked... he was turning it over and he played negative defense. Just a bad bad bad showing.

I know....I couldn't tell who was worse, him or his back court mate Swaggy P cause hey both sux eggs tonight:(

Kyben36
03-05-2016, 05:25 AM
Quality starter? Look at his progression month by month and look at all of the guards that "start" in the NBA. How many are better? You will have trouble once you get into the 20's and you have to find 60 better. He is a top 30 guard right now.

i dont pay much attention, but he is young, he needs time, same with everyone. Knicks fans and Lakers fans love to get ahead of themselves. as alot of fans do, but you two are some of the worse. just let him develop, stop comparing him to greats, he will never live up to it. he is young, he needs time. thats all im saying, right now, he is not even a starter in this league, with time, i believe he can be, but he is too inconsistent, top 30 guard is ridiculous right now. he is too inconsistent to say that.

Tony_Starks
03-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Another great game last night. Been balling out since ASB.

The backcourt is looking nice!

Mave1002
03-10-2016, 05:11 AM
Another great game last night. Been balling out since ASB.

The backcourt is looking nice!

I'd still look to upgrade even if it means sacrificing Julius Randle, Anthony Brown and our early 2nd. I'd like to see Devin Booker in P&G. Should we be fortunate enough to end up picking 2nd, a back court of DLO-Clarkson-Booker would be SUPER.

Add pieces via FA (Horford/Noah/Crabbe) or (Whiteside-Ezeli-Barnes) and wed be so ready to contend.

Noah-Bass
Horford-LNJ
Ingram-Crabbe
Booker-Lou-Young
Russell-Clarkson

or

Whiteside-Ezeli
LNJ-Bass
Barnes-Ingram
Booker-Lou-Young
Russell-Clarkson

KINGOFSPORTS
03-10-2016, 06:45 AM

Russell has never been a great FT shooter, that is a given. His TS% will always be lower than elite shooters... maybe he will imporve his FT% with time - but I think 80% is probably the ceiling for him

Regardless, he has shown the ability to hit 3s at a very high % and his midrange game is unreal when it's on

I see a similar situation with Russell/Clarkson that was happening with Curry/Monta Ellis. 2 Guys trying to do the same thing and it creates problems on the court and in the locker room. Russell's situation is actually worse when you factor in Scott and Kobe!

We will not know Russell's full potential until he gets an extended period of time running a team with a competent coach and appropriate teammates.

I see a guy that will be able to drain 3's, bullet passes to open teammates, get tons of rebs, and play + defense against smaller guards.

A triple double machine... its just not going to happen in the current situation - I'm honestly surprised he's doing as well as he is

Tony_Starks
03-10-2016, 10:50 AM
When you play on the same team as Lou Will, Swaggy P, and victory lap Kobe whatever your stats are should actually be doubled! Lol

Hawkeye15
03-10-2016, 11:44 AM
When you play on the same team as Lou Will, Swaggy P, and victory lap Kobe whatever your stats are should actually be doubled! Lol

I mean seriously, until the Lakers sort out the wing scorer mess (they have like 8 of them), and balance that roster, I can't judge Russell. He has played better month by month according to his numbers.

His numbers don't look terrible at all. I wonder if he will be a decent defender at any point, but judging rookies early is a tricky deal.

Tony_Starks
03-10-2016, 12:45 PM
I mean seriously, until the Lakers sort out the wing scorer mess (they have like 8 of them), and balance that roster, I can't judge Russell. He has played better month by month according to his numbers.

His numbers don't look terrible at all. I wonder if he will be a decent defender at any point, but judging rookies early is a tricky deal.

He's a solid defender now. Not good but not Harden. He has the fundamentals to be a good defender once he strengthens up some.

Our backcourt will be fine come next season. Russell and Clarkson are locked in, that's the main thing. We can pick and choose who to keep out of the rest of the rotation.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2016, 01:12 PM
He's a solid defender now. Not good but not Harden. He has the fundamentals to be a good defender once he strengthens up some.

Our backcourt will be fine come next season. Russell and Clarkson are locked in, that's the main thing. We can pick and choose who to keep out of the rest of the rotation.

I still think Clarkson should be traded to balance the roster.

Tony_Starks
03-10-2016, 01:44 PM
I still think Clarkson should be traded to balance the roster.

Trading Clarkson would be the blunder of all blunders. He's better than average now and hasn't even come close to his ceiling. Plus he's a bargain. Him and Russell already proved they have a good chemistry developing. Both averaging about 19 points each the last 10 games.

Their skills compliment each other, Clarkson is more of a slasher who can shoot and Russ is a shooter with court vision.

Jeffy25
03-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Two games after this 39 point night, he throws up 3 for 16, 1 out of 6 on 3's and scored 7 points.

He's going to have hot and cold nights, but he's def getting more touches and shots lately.

Last 7 games:

33.2 minutes per game
.479% shooting with 17 shots per game
23.1 PPG
4.7 assists
3 boards
2.1 turnovers

Would like to see more assists and more passing, but the shooting has improved.

Jeffy25
03-10-2016, 03:34 PM
Why is Kobe still taking 16 shots per game?

Since January, he has been taking over 6 3's per game he plays in.

Tony_Starks
03-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Why is Kobe still taking 16 shots per game?

Since January, he has been taking over 6 3's per game he plays in.

Kobe has been out the majority of the games since allstar break my man.

The games he does play what do you expect him to do, facilitate?

He's basically out there for sheer entertainment at this point.

To his credit he is providing much leadership even from the bench, and it appears to be both appreciated and effective.

shep33
03-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Two games after this 39 point night, he throws up 3 for 16, 1 out of 6 on 3's and scored 7 points.

He's going to have hot and cold nights, but he's def getting more touches and shots lately.

Last 7 games:

33.2 minutes per game
.479% shooting with 17 shots per game
23.1 PPG
4.7 assists
3 boards
2.1 turnovers

Would like to see more assists and more passing, but the shooting has improved.

Meh, 6 of last 7 have been great. Everyone has an off night

KINGOFSPORTS
03-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Trading Clarkson would be the blunder of all blunders. He's better than average now and hasn't even come close to his ceiling. Plus he's a bargain. Him and Russell already proved they have a good chemistry developing. Both averaging about 19 points each the last 10 games.

Their skills compliment each other, Clarkson is more of a slasher who can shoot and Russ is a shooter with court vision.

I don't think I can disagree with this post anymore than I possibly do

Jordan Clarkson is Monta Ellis 2.0 with marginally better 3 pt shooting and defense

Clarkson can't exist in any back court where he has to share the ball with another playmaker

Russell and Clarkson don't compliment each other at all - they are both trying to do the exact same thing

jerellh528
03-10-2016, 10:41 PM

Yeah I don't know how it's possible for us to aquire a player who is younger, cheaper, and better than clarkson who plays his role better than clarkson. I just want clarkson to increase his ability to get to the free throw line and his defense, Clarkson is just really solid. We need a small forward who can shoot and defend, and a defensive center who can roll and finish at the rim. Those are the biggest weaknesses that the roster currently has, shoring up those issues would make everyone better including clarkson

Hawkeye15
03-11-2016, 12:15 PM

Jordan Clarkson is Monta Ellis 2.0 with marginally better 3 pt shooting and defense

Clarkson can't exist in any back court where he has to share the ball with another playmaker

Russell and Clarkson don't compliment each other at all - they are both trying to do the exact same thing

my thoughts exactly. And while Clarkson is a "bargain" now, the issue is, he won't be at some point. Are you really going to pay 2 guys with heavily overlapping skillsets real money?

He needs to be traded for a roster balance move that works for the Lakers, or a draft pick at some point.

KnicksorBust
03-11-2016, 12:40 PM

And I don't think I can disagree with your post anymore than I possibly do. In your scenario Clarkson shouldn't be in the backcourt with another playmaker can't exist sharing the ball. What? So you want a team to make Jordan Clarkson it's primary ball handler and expect to be a contending team? Your Monta Ellis example was bad. He plays at his best when he starts alongside a true PG (Curry/Calderon/Hill).

Vinylman
03-11-2016, 12:44 PM

hello praise jesus

nycericanguy
03-11-2016, 12:57 PM
as we enter the last 15-20 games of the year, you kinda gotta put an asterisk on some of these games... teams that are out of it with zero pressure... you usually see some guys putting up crazy numbers in these games. Mudiay just dropped 30 on 13 for 20... he hasnt had a game like that all year. Devin Booker is taking 25 shots per game now...lol.

Vinylman
03-11-2016, 01:48 PM
as we enter the last 15-20 games of the year, you kinda gotta put an asterisk on some of these games... teams that are out of it with zero pressure... you usually see some guys putting up crazy numbers in these games. Mudiay just dropped 30 on 13 for 20... he hasnt had a game like that all year. Devin Booker is taking 25 shots per game now...lol.

meh... might be true sometimes but in his last 8 he has played

Memphis X2
Golden State
Cleveland
Atlanta

In his last 8 games he is averaging

23.3 points on 17 shots
47% from the field
42.6% from 3
4.8 assists
3.1 rebounds

He is definitely getting with the program ever since he was demoted to the bench. Additionally, he has benefitted from Kobe being out half of those games...

KINGOFSPORTS
03-11-2016, 01:55 PM
my thoughts exactly. And while Clarkson is a "bargain" now, the issue is, he won't be at some point. Are you really going to pay 2 guys with heavily overlapping skillsets real money?

He needs to be traded for a roster balance move that works for the Lakers, or a draft pick at some point.

Yep. Trade Clarkson while he's young and has high trade value. He's a great young player but really needs to be the primary playmaker on his team

KINGOFSPORTS
03-11-2016, 01:57 PM
And I don't think I can disagree with your post anymore than I possibly do. In your scenario Clarkson shouldn't be in the backcourt with another playmaker can't exist sharing the ball. What? So you want a team to make Jordan Clarkson it's primary ball handler and expect to be a contending team? Your Monta Ellis example was bad. He plays at his best when he starts alongside a true PG (Curry/Calderon/Hill).

LOL @ Monta playing his best along Curry... the problem there is that Curry's game was marginalized to almost nothing when he had to play with Monta

Gametime
03-11-2016, 02:06 PM
d. Russell is about like Jalen Rose, Don't see him as anything. He's not a franchise guy. It was a bad pick.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-11-2016, 02:13 PM
I cant wait for him to hit the weight room. He has no muscle tone. He has a perfect frame but still has bambi legs. Stronger body helps with defense and driving. I am happy with the rest of his game. Just get stronger and he will be really good.

He needs to get on HGH like the rest of the league. If his forehead hasn't doubled in size by next year I'm going to be upset.

KnicksorBust
03-11-2016, 03:44 PM
LOL @ Monta playing his best along Curry... the problem there is that Curry's game was marginalized to almost nothing when he had to play with Monta

His best seasons were when he played with Curry/Calderon/Hill/Baron Davis. His best two scoring and efficiency seasons were on GState with Baron and Curry respectively. I'm also still waiting for your response about Clarkson. Do you want him to be a team's primary ball handler? You are impressed by his 2.6apg to 1.7 turnovers in 32 minutes? That's the guy you want running the show? Of course not. He is athletic, fast, and improving his perimeter shot. He's not a PG, he's a 2guard and Russell should run the show. The only thing worse than the explanation was the comparison itself. The comparison to Monta, who actually could rack up assists, still makes no sense.

Tony_Starks
03-11-2016, 03:45 PM
If you think Clarkson is Monta 2 then you either don't watch Laker games, or are poor at evaluating talent.

He's actually quite the opposite. He's efficient and takes his shots within the flow of the game. A lot of his buckets come from slashing off the ball, something Monta rarely if ever did.

At worst, absolute worst, he'll be comparable to Demar Derozan with a better 3ball.

Tony_Starks
03-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Yeah I don't know how it's possible for us to aquire a player who is younger, cheaper, and better than clarkson who plays his role better than clarkson. I just want clarkson to increase his ability to get to the free throw line and his defense, Clarkson is just really solid. We need a small forward who can shoot and defend, and a defensive center who can roll and finish at the rim. Those are the biggest weaknesses that the roster currently has, shoring up those issues would make everyone better including clarkson

Agree completely. Clarkson is the perfect fit all the way around. That backcourt will only get better with more strength and experience.

With them set I'd personally be looking to plug in Al Horford and Harrison Barnes at 3 and 5. Perhaps even Noah for the 5 at a bargain price. With Randle and Nance in the mix that would be a pretty good balanced core.

Then fill in the gaps accordingly...

KINGOFSPORTS
03-11-2016, 05:48 PM
His best seasons were when he played with Curry/Calderon/Hill/Baron Davis. His best two scoring and efficiency seasons were on GState with Baron and Curry respectively. I'm also still waiting for your response about Clarkson. Do you want him to be a team's primary ball handler? You are impressed by his 2.6apg to 1.7 turnovers in 32 minutes? That's the guy you want running the show? Of course not. He is athletic, fast, and improving his perimeter shot. He's not a PG, he's a 2guard and Russell should run the show. The only thing worse than the explanation was the comparison itself. The comparison to Monta, who actually could rack up assists, still makes no sense.

To answer your question,

Clarkson should be the primary playmaker because that's all he will accept. The guy is as stubborn and hard headed as Dwight Howard. He believes he should be running the show and insists on being a 1 on 1 player.

I actually think he would be a poor mans Westbrook in many ways - but he would have to be on a crappy team.

Clarkson averaged a grip of assists for the Lakers in the 2nd half of last season when he was the primary playmaker

KINGOFSPORTS
03-11-2016, 05:52 PM
If you think Clarkson is Monta 2 then you either don't watch Laker games, or are poor at evaluating talent.

He's actually quite the opposite. He's efficient and takes his shots within the flow of the game. A lot of his buckets come from slashing off the ball, something Monta rarely if ever did.

At worst, absolute worst, he'll be comparable to Demar Derozan with a better 3ball.

You're a typical NBA fan with minimal basketball knowledge but that's ok

The reality is that Clarkson is a selfish me-first player that will never work on a winning team. He needs to goto a small market team and put up meaningless stats

Leftcoast_yg
03-11-2016, 09:11 PM
La-Maoh at King of Squirts

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-12-2016, 02:26 PM
You're a typical NBA fan with minimal basketball knowledge but that's ok

The reality is that Clarkson is a selfish me-first player that will never work on a winning team. He needs to goto a small market team and put up meaningless stats

You have to be Praise Jesus. That is the only thing that would explain your post. Clarkson has not shown one hint that he wants the ball in his hands all the time. As he shouldn't, he is not good enough for that responsibility

Monta is beast
03-13-2016, 03:27 AM
He said at worst clarkson will compare to derozan hahahahahahahahalololollolahahahaha ha

Monta is beast
03-13-2016, 03:28 AM

Cmon

Monta is beast
03-13-2016, 03:30 AM
At worst he'll be a rotation player, not a starter. At best fringe all star which dero has clearly surpassed. At worst he'll be an all star, **** at best is he the next mj?

Monta is beast
03-13-2016, 03:31 AM
Im sorry im not a raptors fan but that legitimately made me mad

Chronz
03-13-2016, 11:36 AM
Im sorry im not a raptors fan but that legitimately made me mad

Same here. Blatant disrespect of the talent gap

Vinylman
03-13-2016, 08:13 PM
You have to be Praise Jesus. That is the only thing that would explain your post. Clarkson has not shown one hint that he wants the ball in his hands all the time. As he shouldn't, he is not good enough for that responsibility

i pointed this out earlier in the thread

G_S_W
03-16-2016, 04:27 AM
Clarkson, DLo, Randle and perhaps Simmons sounds like one heck of a young nucleus. Perhaps 3 years off, but they could be in the mix for a playoff spot. Too bad they let go of Ed Davis, he would've fit in perfectly.

Aust
03-16-2016, 04:28 AM
Clarkson, DLo, Randle and perhaps Simmons sounds like one heck of a young nucleus. Perhaps 3 years off, but they could be in the mix for a playoff spot. Too bad they let go of Ed Davis, he would've fit in perfectly.

I'm still upset about Ed

ryder78c
03-16-2016, 09:24 AM
I'm still upset about Ed

I'm not :)

ryder78c
03-16-2016, 09:27 AM
i like D-Russ i became a bigger fan after the Kobe Embarrassed .GIF
i always thought he would be really good! i thought it would of took Kobe to Retire first for him to Really break out! i wanted to trade McCollum for him in the beginning of the year!

G_S_W
03-16-2016, 05:21 PM
I'm not :)

Stotts is an absolute beast. Lock him up forever.