PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard: "I wanted to be traded to the Bucks at the deadline."

kobe4thewinbang
03-02-2016, 02:49 PM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/03/01/report-dwight-howard-wanted-to-come-to-bucks-at-trade-deadline-but-wouldnt-opt-in/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Despite the Rockets FO saving face and saying "we were not considering that", Dwight "no-brains" Howard has admitted that he was being traded to the Bucks at the deadline but he did not want to opt-in and prevent himself from a max deal (30 million per season).

Now it's possible that Dwight is Delonte West nuts if he thinks he's worth 30 million with his deteriorating impact on the court when he can even step foot on it, but I'm sure someone will give it to him. Word is the Rockets aren't willing to do that, so expect a S&T in the off-season after the Rockets either sneak into the playoffs or come nowhere close.

What do you guys think of him joining the Bucks? I guess he would counteract Monroe's lack of defense, but I can't convince myself to go all in for Dwight Howard who is no longer anywhere close to his Magic days. I guess he would draw a lot of money for whatever team he goes to.

But he's not going to help you win. If not the Bucks, I wonder who else might be crazy enough to take him.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2016, 03:23 PM
I can see why he wouldn't opt in. He has one more very big deal. With the new cap rising, the faster he gets there, the better.

Tony_Starks
03-02-2016, 03:24 PM
You're giving Laker haters that think we're bitter about Dwight ammo right now fam.

Be better than that...

CHANGO
03-02-2016, 03:34 PM
He would be playng better with the Bucks. He still is one of the best C of the league.

Chronz
03-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Not close to his Magic days is true, has been for some time, but hes not even in his Laker days anymore. Dudes defense has fallen off a cliff, hes still a quality defender but as recently as last year he was an elite rim protector and a guy who could hide your deficiencies on that end.

Wish he would've gotten traded, wonder who it would have been for. Considering its Morey, Im sure he was smart enough to at least ask for Henson.

shep33
03-02-2016, 03:38 PM
He needs to go back out East. Still has a few good years left in him

JWO35
03-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Next up...LeBron James considered signing with the Utah Jazz prior to coming back home to Cleveland.

I can't be the only one that finds this somewhat odd, the Bucks? Him wanting to actually go there? :confused:

CHANGO
03-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Not close to his Magic days is true, has been for some time, but hes not even in his Laker days anymore. Dudes defense has fallen off a cliff, hes still a quality defender but as recently as last year he was an elite rim protector and a guy who could hide your deficiencies on that end.

Wish he would've gotten traded, wonder who it would have been for. Considering its Morey, Im sure he was smart enough to at least ask for Henson.

IMO, that happens when you play with the Rockets. He can't be Superman anymore. Look at Ariza's defense magically falling too after joining the Rockets.

Slug3
03-02-2016, 04:07 PM
IMO, that happens when you play with the Rockets. He can't be Superman anymore. Look at Ariza's defense magically falling too after joining the Rockets.

I mean Ariza is not old, but he's also not a young buck anymore. Age could be some of the reason as well he is falling off on the defense end as well.

Wade n Fade
03-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Watch Dwight retire instead because nobody will give him the deal he wants? Then he would lose out on his 2016/2017 salary.

JasonJohnHorn
03-02-2016, 06:26 PM
He'd be as bad with Monroe and Drummond was. Bucks will ship Monroe out if Howard is coming in.

That said... he'll likely sign somewhere else in the offseason. Who knows.... with Kobe gone, maybe he'll head over to LAL. He might go to Miami.

I'd be curious to see him in SAS. I don't think he has the passing to fit in, or the lack of ego, but I would be curius to see how Pop would use him.

Who knows.. maybe he can get with the Cavs.

5ass
03-02-2016, 06:59 PM
What a dumbass if he actually said that. Bucks would be a nice fit with them trading Monroe, but dumb move admitting it when he's still ****ing playing for the rockets.

IndyRealist
03-02-2016, 07:03 PM

Or there's only so much anyone can do to cover Harden's lack of effort. Even last year Howard was still a force in the paint. I think he's given up on this team and was hoping to get traded.

Chronz
03-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Dont want to make a new thread about it but what team could use Dwight next year. Like really thrive with him. Is there still a possibility of finding a perfect fit with what Dwight wants? I feel like Dwight's legacy would have been better suited staying in Orlando.

The problem with Dwight (the athlete) is that he thinks too much and thats a problem when you lack a brain or character. I dont want to defame the guy but he should've stuck to his guns and gone to Brooklyn when the chance was there.

beasted86
03-02-2016, 07:55 PM
I understand when media members click bait their blogs or articles with racy headlines, but I don't get it if it comes from some random salty basketball fan on a forum.

There is no quote. It's a guy telling another guy what some guy said off the record.

Gus Johnson is not a journalist who delivers news, he's just a play-by-play guy. Not sure how I regard his credibility.

beasted86
03-02-2016, 08:03 PM
Dont want to make a new thread about it but what team could use Dwight next year. Like really thrive with him. Is there still a possibility of finding a perfect fit with what Dwight wants? I feel like Dwight's legacy would have been better suited staying in Orlando.

The problem with Dwight (the athlete) is that he thinks too much and thats a problem when you lack a brain or character. I dont want to defame the guy but he should've stuck to his guns and gone to Brooklyn when the chance was there.

I think Charlotte is a good fit.
Better to overpay him than Big Al if I'm choosing.

Have a good mix of offense and defense and solid stretch 4s to give Howard space.

Scoots
03-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Dwight wants to play for Kidd.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-03-2016, 09:15 AM
Next up...LeBron James considered signing with the Utah Jazz prior to coming back home to Cleveland.

I can't be the only one that finds this somewhat odd, the Bucks? Him wanting to actually go there? :confused:

Milwaukee culture is changing. New owners. New arena coming soon. Giannis and Parker and Middleton. Nice core and another top 10 lottery pick on the way and $25M in cap this summer. Monroe didn't fit our system but signed here. I think players have a different opinion about coming to Milwaukee now. Well then also Howard burnt 3 bridges already. He has 27 to go. Oh and some players in the league still look up to Kidd.

DboneG
03-03-2016, 10:15 AM
That would have worked out nice for Dwight Howard! Howard still has a lot left in the tank. He's looking to go where he is accepted and respected/no more trying to be "The Man". This "New NBA" don't respect the game of a big man too much any more. Big men/traditional centers are becoming obsolete. Howard, left that ugly situation in Orlando..(he had to leave, it was UGLY), then, he goes to LA thinking he could be "The Man" and anchor another championship run...what he forgot about was Kobe and his huge EGO! He bolts to Houston just to run into no-defense-no-passing-take-every-shot-wanna-be-MVP-James Harden! So, Milwaukee would have worked out great! The Bucks need rebounding bad, they need defense bad, they need leadership on this young team. Core players, Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Khris Middleton, are unselfish, as well as the other players. Dwight would have worked out great there!

That's why Dwight did a Donald Drumpf on his agent a few days later. "You're Fired!" For not making that trade happen.

eDush
03-05-2016, 06:39 PM

Milwaukee culture is changing. New owners. New arena coming soon. Giannis and Parker and Middleton. Nice core and another top 10 lottery pick on the way and $25M in cap this summer. Monroe didn't fit our system but signed here. I think players have a different opinion about coming to Milwaukee now. Well then also Howard burnt 3 bridges already. He has 27 to go. Oh and some players in the league still look up to Kidd.

Kidd prefer lanky pg who can't shoot like himself so he chose MCW over Knight who was playing like a star. The smart move would be to trade Monroe for Knight during the off season to fix what Kidd had broken ftw : nod:

5ass
03-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Kidd prefer lanky pg who can't shoot like himself so he chose MCW over Knight who was playing like a star. The smart move would be to trade Monroe for Knight during the off season to fix what Kidd had broken ftw : nod:

Lol that's actually not a bad idea trading Monroe for knight. Read some rumour Monroe for George Hill was discussed before the deadline. They can fix what they've done. Shouldn't be hard to move Monroe. If I'm OKC I consider trading Payne and salary for Monroe and MCW

ROY 2 MVP Braun
03-05-2016, 09:34 PM

Lol that's actually not a bad idea trading Monroe for knight. Read some rumour Monroe for George Hill was discussed before the deadline. They can fix what they've done. Shouldn't be hard to move Monroe. If I'm OKC I consider trading Payne and salary for Monroe and MCW

I wouldn't mind Payne. How's his shooting though?
Also MCW + Monroe for Payne plus salary don't seem like a good idea for the bucks. I think we could get more value out of those 2 elsewhere.

The bucks would be so much better just going with Henson and Plumgod over Monroe

M.I.A.
03-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Bucks? Dwight's getting desperate to get out of Houston.

Aust
03-06-2016, 04:41 PM
I'd like to see him on the Bucks, that'd be an interesting team.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-06-2016, 04:56 PM
He'll sign with the Celtics. I can feel it.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Or maybe the Wizards once they miss out on Durant.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Curious if Pelicans make a push for Monroe this summer. Most likely they wanna dump Asik with #6 pick. Seems they didn't want to part with Holiday. At #6 we take Hield or Murray. Then at #10 we take Skal. That's if they're there.

MCW,Ennis
Middleton,Vaughn,Hield
Parker,Inglis
Giannis,JOB
Henson,Skal,Plumlee

Plus $24M in capspace for free agents. Could flip MCW for Thunder's Payne. They could use the Curry stopper. If we keep MCW. Then he better shoot a 1,000 three's a day at home this offseason. Wouldn't be shocked if Kidd brings his buddy Bayless back on a new deal. Maybe even Mayo on a cheaper deal. Unless we land a big name which I doubt. Kind hope we don't land Howard. He wants $30M per. Yeesh.