PDA

View Full Version : Melo to heckling fan: "Dolan is right there. Ask for your money back."

blahblahyoutoo
03-02-2016, 12:28 PM
how do you think dolan feels after selling the farm to get melo and then melo throws him under the bus?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14881904/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-tells-heckling-fan-address-james-dolan-ask-your-money-back

KnicksorBust
03-02-2016, 12:37 PM
That owner is going to pay him $124 million. Melo is a coward for saying that line.

kobe4thewinbang
03-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Sounds like frustration to me. We all know Dolan isn't the brightest box of rocks.
I would be frustrated if I was Carmelo. The injury, the coach fiasco, the so-so roster outside of the rookie.

RowBTrice
03-02-2016, 02:58 PM
"Axe" lmafo that's great

JLynn943
03-02-2016, 03:21 PM
He probably shouldn't be suggesting physical violence.

But really, I don't think this is that bad. The fan kept complaining, so this was more of a "you don't like us and think we suck, then get your money back and just go" rather than a critique of Dolan or the team by Melo.

DarkKnight
03-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Who cares trade Melo for a 1st and move on

cheetos185
03-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Making crowd your enemy than diverting it towards the man who pays your salary lol.

Chronz
03-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Hes teaching the fan a lesson in culpability. Dont see why this needed an apology but Im not the classiest guy either.

Tony_Starks
03-02-2016, 04:01 PM
I have no problem with it.

My only regret is that I wish it would've been Phil instead of the owner. Other than Zinger and some decent role players this guy is straight up robbing the Knicks.

colinskik
03-02-2016, 04:10 PM
I have no problem with it.

My only regret is that I wish it would've been Phil instead of the owner. Other than Zinger and some decent role players this guy is straight up robbing the Knicks.

What? He may be robbing Dolan, but nobody should care about that.

I actually really like that Melo did this. Dolan has been steadily jacking up prices, while the product on the floor continues to suffer. It's not entirely Melo's fault that the Knicks sucks, but it's certainly not his fault that ticket prices are exorbitant. The real fans can't even support their team in person anymore. It's a bunch of richies and tourists.

Same thing happened to Yankee Stadium. The mystique and electricity is not nearly what it used to be because the boisterous fans can't afford to attend anymore.

mrblisterdundee
03-02-2016, 04:34 PM
The whole "axe" thing's a bit racist, considering Anthony doesn't talk in Black English Vernacular.
But the whole situation with the Knicks is pathetic. Hopefully they can get rid of Anthony, commit to a total rebuild and be good enough in a few years to keep Porzingis around. I'm a Blazers fan, but it's nice having a New York team that isn't a total joke.

kdspurman
03-02-2016, 04:48 PM
The whole "axe" thing's a bit racist, considering Anthony doesn't talk in Black English Vernacular.
But the whole situation with the Knicks is pathetic. Hopefully they can get rid of Anthony, commit to a total rebuild and be good enough in a few years to keep Porzingis around. I'm a Blazers fan, but it's nice having a New York team that isn't a total joke.

I just edited the title

MJL80
03-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Melo shouldn't ****** and complain.... He's had plenty of opportunities to rid himself of this mess either in FA or by waiving his NTC, and yet he decided to stay, and is getting compensated nicely in the process.

I get that he's frustrated, but so are the fans.

D-Leethal
03-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Melo may have just wrote his ticket out of NYC. Dolan will make his life miserable enough that he waves his NTC. Dolan has been in Melo's corner his whole tenure here, once you cross this guy you aren't getting back into his good graces. Stupid move by Melo, even worse to repeat it to the media, hopefully good for the Knicks if we can net a haul for him.

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 05:06 PM

it will soon, I can see Melo having enough and demanding a trade in the offseason. KP (although has hit a rookie wall like most rookies do) has given us a taste of what type a player he can be, a legit 2 way threat and potiential franchise piece.

KnicksorBust
03-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Melo may have just wrote his ticket out of NYC. Dolan will make his life miserable enough that he waves his NTC. Dolan has been in Melo's corner his whole tenure here, once you cross this guy you aren't getting back into his good graces. Stupid move by Melo, even worse to repeat it to the media, hopefully good for the Knicks if we can net a haul for him.

Good call. Overpaid past their prime players who clash with owners always get great returns in trades.

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2016, 05:08 PM

I'm telling you the day is coming, their were numerous of teams inquiring about Melo at the trade deadline and reports are their will be more in the offseason, as long as we can net a couple of draft picks and good young player I would be fine, don't need a star back (unless a team is willing to part with one)

Gibby23
03-02-2016, 05:11 PM

lol

blahblahyoutoo
03-02-2016, 07:23 PM

wait what??
did you NOT hear him actually say it?
he said axe.
he also doesn't properly conjugate verbs.

blahblahyoutoo
03-02-2016, 07:24 PM
I just edited the title

why? that's literally (and I properly used literally too, because most people mean to say figuratively, or throw in a literally for no reason) what he said in the clip. click on the espn link.

D-Leethal
03-02-2016, 07:55 PM
Good call. Overpaid past their prime players who clash with owners always get great returns in trades.

It was just reported the Celtics would have given up the Nets pick for him. It was then reported that teams will be lining up at the door to trade for him this summer. There will be a market for him and if he produces a list of teams he will go to and they bid against each other for him we will get a nice return. There was more than enough noise this offseason to know teams are gonna be after him if he is available.

He won't be overpaid after this season and locked up for 3 seasons is pretty much a perfect contract for a team trading for a star to put them over the top. Not locked into a 5 year contract, not a guy who can walk in a year or 2. B-C level guys will be making Melo money this offseason.

D-Leethal
03-02-2016, 08:04 PM
If Melo hits the market the Clips, Celtics, Cavs, Bulls, Heat and Rockets will all likely try to make a push for him. Melo would still net a nice return for a team like us looking to go young and rebuild. The rumors around him at the deadline included names like Blake, Love, a top 3 pick. If you think his value is in the gutter and we will get nothing but an expiring and a late pick, that is not based on any noise or rumors around his value, just your insignificant opinion based on nothing.

KnicksorBust
03-02-2016, 09:26 PM
If Melo hits the market the Clips, Celtics, Cavs, Bulls, Heat and Rockets will all likely try to make a push for him. Melo would still net a nice return for a team like us looking to go young and rebuild. The rumors around him at the deadline included names like Blake, Love, a top 3 pick. If you think his value is in the gutter and we will get nothing but an expiring and a late pick, that is not based on any noise or rumors around his value, just your insignificant opinion based on nothing.

Rumors are just that until they happen. The conditions that we will be trading him under are hardly ideal to get max value. That can't be disputed. I will promise you this though. If we get into the top 10 of the draft and some type of sold young rotation player or top 5 in the draft with expirings I will be the first on here to say you are right. And I will be celebrating. I just don't see it happening.

JLynn943
03-02-2016, 10:00 PM
This isn't a dig on the team or Dolan.

The fan paid money to watch the Knicks. The fan heckled and bashed the team. Melo got sick of it and basically told the fan to shut up or leave if he doesn't like it. Asking for your money back for something you're unhappy with is not unheard of, and that's what Melo was getting at.

NYKNYGNYY
03-02-2016, 10:04 PM
I feel bad for melo at this point , dude got all this money of course that he something to do with him signing but he was under the impression he was gonna have a team around him and a coach... None of which he has had .. Had a banged up amare a banged up Tyson chandler n that's it ... He played a big role in us not having a roster but give the man a damn point guard

SLY WILLIAMS
03-02-2016, 10:24 PM
It was just reported the Celtics would have given up the Nets pick for him. It was then reported that teams will be lining up at the door to trade for him this summer. There will be a market for him and if he produces a list of teams he will go to and they bid against each other for him we will get a nice return. There was more than enough noise this offseason to know teams are gonna be after him if he is available.

He won't be overpaid after this season and locked up for 3 seasons is pretty much a perfect contract for a team trading for a star to put them over the top. Not locked into a 5 year contract, not a guy who can walk in a year or 2. B-C level guys will be making Melo money this offseason.

He won't be overpaid after this season? I'm confused. I thought his salary goes up to 24.5-26.2-27.9 mill the next 3 seasons. Is that incorrect?

smood999
03-02-2016, 11:04 PM
He won't be overpaid after this season? I'm confused. I thought his salary goes up to 24.5-26.2-27.9 mill the next 3 seasons. Is that incorrect?

Yes, but he will be getting paid closer to players like Nic Batum, Mike Conley and Ryan Anderson than LeBron, Anthony Davis, etc...assuming players like Batum cash in due to the rise in the salary cap. Players already started to last offseason.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Yes, but he will be getting paid closer to players like Nic Batum, Mike Conley and Ryan Anderson than LeBron, Anthony Davis, etc...assuming players like Batum cash in due to the rise in the salary cap. Players already started to last offseason.

I'd be very surprised if Batum gets near 24-28 mill. Melo is in a obvious decline in production while having a incline in salary the next 3 years. It does not mean Melo is not a good player but he will not be worth his 24-28 mill salary in my opinion.

blahblahyoutoo
03-03-2016, 08:41 PM
now melo admits public apology was not his doing.
how dumb can a guy be?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14895151/carmelo-anthony-says-apology-heckling-was-team-owner-idea

Gander13SM
03-03-2016, 10:44 PM
I'd be very surprised if Batum gets near 24-28 mill. Melo is in a obvious decline in production while having a incline in salary the next 3 years. It does not mean Melo is not a good player but he will not be worth his 24-28 mill salary in my opinion.

Batum will absolutely get that. He's horribly underrated. They're talking about Harrison Barnes getting maxed, Batum is worth more than Barnes.

j-bay
03-04-2016, 02:30 AM
Anybody think Melo is being trapped by his wife. Thats the only reason i can think why he is staying with the Knicks. He loves her and she puts the "i'm asking for a divorce if you leave" because she doesn't want to leave her life style.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Batum will absolutely get that. He's horribly underrated. They're talking about Harrison Barnes getting maxed, Batum is worth more than Barnes.

Batum is a good but not great player. He may not even be in the top 7 small forwards. I'd be absolutely shocked if he got 24-28 mill a year like Melo.

GiantsSwaGG
03-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Batum is a good but not great player. He may not even be in the top 7 small forwards. I'd be absolutely shocked if he got 24-28 mill a year like Melo.

I mean Tristian Thompson got 80 mill, so Batum getting max money wouldn't be a shocker

SLY WILLIAMS
03-04-2016, 02:05 PM
I mean Tristian Thompson got 80 mill, so Batum getting max money wouldn't be a shocker

I understand your point of view but 80 mill over 5 years is around 16 mill a year. Its still a very large step from 16 mill a year to 26 mill a year that Melo will average the next 3 seasons. Batum at best he could be the 7th best SF and that is even in question. Last offseason Khahi Leonard signed for 16-17-18-20-21 over 5 years.

GiantsSwaGG
03-04-2016, 02:41 PM
I understand your point of view but 80 mill over 5 years is around 16 mill a year. Its still a very large step from 16 mill a year to 26 mill a year that Melo will average the next 3 seasons. Batum at best he could be the 7th best SF and that is even in question. Last offseason Khahi Leonard signed for 16-17-18-20-21 over 5 years.

16 million a year for a rebounder, that's like giving Reggie Evans 5 yrs 80 mill. Ryan Anderson is not even a top 10 PF and reports are he's seeking the max, Batum is going to get the max or close to it, he isn't worth it but it doesn't matter in today's NBA

SLY WILLIAMS
03-04-2016, 02:48 PM
16 million a year for a rebounder, that's like giving Reggie Evans 5 yrs 80 mill. Ryan Anderson is not even a top 10 PF and reports are he's seeking the max, Batum is going to get the max or close to it, he isn't worth it but it doesn't matter in today's NBA

What is the max for Batum and Ryan Anderson? If teams give either of them the max they will regret it. Both are good not great players.

GiantsSwaGG
03-04-2016, 04:00 PM
What is the max for Batum and Ryan Anderson? If teams give either of them the max they will regret it. Both are good not great players.

I'm not sure probably around 20 mill and I do agree teams will regret giving those guys the max

FYL_McVeezy
03-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Anybody think Melo is being trapped by his wife. Thats the only reason i can think why he is staying with the Knicks. He loves her and she puts the "i'm asking for a divorce if you leave" because she doesn't want to leave her life style.

Nah I doubt that but "Happy Wife, Happy Life" as they say.....

SLY WILLIAMS
03-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Nah I doubt that but "Happy Wife, Happy Life" as they say.....

Some others might say that the "Golden Rule" means he who has the gold makes the rules.

FYL_McVeezy
03-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Some others might say that the "Golden Rule" means he who has the gold makes the rules.

Now how does that work when both partners have Gold? LOL

SLY WILLIAMS
03-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Now how does that work when both partners have Gold? LOL

Have you ever seen millionaire models marry billionaires? It may mean the person with the bigger pile of gold makes the rules. Of course every situation is different so it can go the other way as well. :)

yibjijk
03-05-2016, 08:17 AM
He probably shouldn't be suggesting physical violence.http://financeisok.com/loan/images/40.gif http://financeisok.com/loan/images/37.gif
http://financeisok.com/loan/images/39.gif