PDA

View Full Version : Irving Unhappy (Rumor)

Wade n Fade
02-29-2016, 02:44 PM
Kyrie Irving isn't "happy" with his situation in Cleveland and might want to play elsewhere next season. Who could Cleveland get back to keep LeBron happy? CP3?

ewing
02-29-2016, 02:44 PM
where is this coming from?

Wade n Fade
02-29-2016, 02:46 PM
where is this coming from?

http://fansided.com/2016/02/29/report-kyrie-irving-unhappy-cavaliers/

Alayla
02-29-2016, 02:53 PM
Not exactly shocking he doesn't exactly come off as a team first guy.

Slug3
02-29-2016, 02:58 PM
I mean I could see a Irving for CP3 trade go down, but the Cavs would need to get more than an aging Cp3. I know there were rumors of Irving wanting out before Lebron went back, but those were rumors. So maybe him and Lebron are clashing now, or maybe he just wants out of Cleveland. If the Cavs get bounced in the Eastern playoffs I could see a big change for them. I would have thought it would be Love gone, but I could see them trading Irving if this is true at all.

ewing
02-29-2016, 03:02 PM
]I mean I could see a Irving for CP3 trade go down, but the Cavs would need to get more than an aging Cp3.[/B] I know there were rumors of Irving wanting out before Lebron went back, but those were rumors. So maybe him and Lebron are clashing now, or maybe he just wants out of Cleveland. If the Cavs get bounced in the Eastern playoffs I could see a big change for them. I would have thought it would be Love gone, but I could see them trading Irving if this is true at all.

Why? LeBron doesn't give a **** about the Cavs once he retires. Him and Bron are the same age

Wade n Fade
02-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Cleveland better not wait too long to move Irving.

valade16
02-29-2016, 03:05 PM
I mean I could see a Irving for CP3 trade go down, but the Cavs would need to get more than an aging Cp3. I know there were rumors of Irving wanting out before Lebron went back, but those were rumors. So maybe him and Lebron are clashing now, or maybe he just wants out of Cleveland. If the Cavs get bounced in the Eastern playoffs I could see a big change for them. I would have thought it would be Love gone, but I could see them trading Irving if this is true at all.

Funny, I was thinking that the Clippers needed to get back more than Irving for CP3.

Dee_Edge
02-29-2016, 03:06 PM
Stephen A. Smith startin crap just because he loves Curry so much, he's just throwin media shade on Irving to get the stage set for the Finals.

Wade n Fade
02-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Funny, I was thinking that the Clippers needed to get back more than Irving for CP3.

CP3 is the better PG, Irving is a better shooter. Irving is also younger too. So if the Clips want Irving, they might have to do something like CP3, Wes Johnson, and Crawford for Irving, JR Smith, and Kaun/McRae.

KnicksorBust
02-29-2016, 03:10 PM
His whole life he has been the man and now he is asked to play off the ball and watch the LeBron show. A lot of guys would love to be in that scenario. Certain players have a tough time adjusting. Wade made it work but he was older and had already proved his alpha dog status in 2006. It's not completely unlike Kobe and Shaq with the Lakers. The tougher part being that Kyrie and Bron both can fight about bringing up the ball. Realistically I think it's a lot of smoke but no fire. The Cavs are going to the Finals and winning heals most wounds.

Wade n Fade
02-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Stephen A. Smith startin crap just because he loves Curry so much, he's just throwin media shade on Irving to get the stage set for the Finals.

Can't believe I am defending Stephen A, but he was right in 2010 w/ the Big Three in Miami. It's not like he is Broussard and his sauces. I guess even Smith can get an acorn.

RowBTrice
02-29-2016, 03:15 PM
It's fun to watch this hot mess

Hawkeye15
02-29-2016, 03:18 PM
This is just being pitched by the media to begin the LeBron excuses come playoff time, amiright?

phantasyyy
02-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Clippers would never do a CP3/Irving swap, they get much much worse, without a true PG running the show. - Not to mention the lack of offensive playmakers/creators on the team. Also there is a whole other side of the court where the Clips would get absolutely decimated with Irving at the point of attack.. with the glut of talented PGs in the west.

Irving aint going no where imo, he has already undergone the seasons being top dog on a perennial bottom-dweller and the appeal of playing on a consistent finals contender is just too much to give up. Especially since he hasnt even basked in that championship wine yet.

Ch0ZSeN1
02-29-2016, 03:24 PM
Maybe if they come up with one more handshake or dance he will change his mind.

Hawkeye15
02-29-2016, 03:26 PM
Maybe if they come up with one more handshake or dance he will change his mind.

oooh, yes. Especially if they let him make it up

Big Zo
02-29-2016, 03:27 PM
Forming a super team with LeBron seemed like a good idea when he re-signed, but the reality that GS or San Antonio will be champs this season, and being stuck in Cleveland is setting in.

nycericanguy
02-29-2016, 03:27 PM
I mean I could see it being true... Irving must be watching guys like WB, Curry & Lillard going nuts and scoring all those points, and he hardly get mentioned.

His ego must THINK he can be scoring 30+ per game and still be winning, but in reality that probably wouldn't be the case.

Scoots
02-29-2016, 03:32 PM

SAS ONLY loves SAS. He sucked up to LeBron when he was the man because he wanted access. I think he'll find that Curry doesn't care for SAS' BS either and he'll move on to slagging Curry regularly too.

Lo Porto
02-29-2016, 03:51 PM
Trade Kyrie and Love to Boston for the Nets top 3 pick, Avery Bradley, Isaiah Thomas, and any other assets Cleveland wants from Boston. Turn around and trade the picks for players to help Cleveland win now.

CHANGO
02-29-2016, 03:54 PM
LMAO is Stephen A. Smith.

Even if this is true and Kyrie gets traded that benefits the Cavs (of course, it depends on who is the player coming for Kyrie). Kyrie's defense is a weakness.

KnicksorBust
02-29-2016, 03:56 PM
Trade Kyrie and Love to Boston for the Nets top 3 pick, Avery Bradley, Isaiah Thomas, and any other assets Cleveland wants from Boston. Turn around and trade the picks for players to help Cleveland win now.

This makes no sense. Trade for a pick and then trade the pick for win now players...

How bout they just keep the win now players they currently have like the all-star PG and all-star PF? People forget that when Kyrie/Bron/Love are all healthy and on the court together the team is still incredible. A loss to the Raptors and then loss without LeBron means the sky is falling? No. They are just using this as motivation. They know we are reaching the part of the season when you want to build up momentum and they are ramping up the accountability. The bigger question is Lue the guy to handle the wheel but in reality it was going to be LeBron's team almost regardless. There are only a handful of people that could actually coach LeBron at this point.

eDush
02-29-2016, 04:01 PM
I mean I could see it being true... Irving must be watching guys like WB, Curry & Lillard going nuts and scoring all those points, and he hardly get mentioned.

His ego must THINK he can be scoring 30+ per game and still be winning, but in reality that probably wouldn't be the case.

Nah i think he's just affected by those bed bugs.....if you ever been bitten by them, you know too :(

Lo Porto
02-29-2016, 04:03 PM
This makes no sense. Trade for a pick and then trade the pick for win now players...

How bout they just keep the win now players they currently have like the all-star PG and all-star PF? People forget that when Kyrie/Bron/Love are all healthy and on the court together the team is still incredible. A loss to the Raptors and then loss without LeBron means the sky is falling? No. They are just using this as motivation. They know we are reaching the part of the season when you want to build up momentum and they are ramping up the accountability. The bigger question is Lue the guy to handle the wheel but in reality it was going to be LeBron's team almost regardless. There are only a handful of people that could actually coach LeBron at this point.

I'm not a fan of either team, but I do understand basketball. IF, IF the Cavs don't win it this year, I think you have to trade Love and Kyrie. Their styles do not fit together with or without LBJ. They are stat guys for losing teams. They are both extremely talented, but they lack that overall skill set to challenge for titles as "stars" on a particular team. Even Bosh had the pedigree and skill set to get into the back seat offensively until needed. He would still work hard on D and the boards until he got his opportunities.

Love should be able to fit because of skill set, but I have yet to see him fully committed to winning. Eventually if they don't win, he's going to want to get back to his stats and alpha dog status. And Cleveland should trade him before he loses any more value.

Guys that the Cavs should target are guys like Jimmy Butler, Derrick Favors, Avery Bradley, Trevor Ariza, etc.

KnicksorBust
02-29-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm not a fan of either team, but I do understand basketball. IF, IF the Cavs don't win it this year, I think you have to trade Love and Kyrie. Their styles do not fit together with or without LBJ. They are stat guys for losing teams. They are both extremely talented, but they lack that overall skill set to challenge for titles as "stars" on a particular team. Even Bosh had the pedigree and skill set to get into the back seat offensively until needed. He would still work hard on D and the boards until he got his opportunities.

Love should be able to fit because of skill set, but I have yet to see him fully committed to winning. Eventually if they don't win, he's going to want to get back to his stats and alpha dog status. And Cleveland should trade him before he loses any more value.

Guys that the Cavs should target are guys like Jimmy Butler, Derrick Favors, Avery Bradley, Trevor Ariza, etc.

They haven't even had ONE chance at a title run and you already want to break it up. That's so short-sighted. Yes trade Kyrie Irving but everything will be okay if they can bring in Avery Bradley and Trevor Ariza. Get outta here. Bosh was getting abused initially for his reduced stats in Miami now he is looked upon as some hero. It's amazing. Please explain to me how Jimmy Butler fits with LeBron better than Kyrie Irving. or Derrick Favors better than Kevin Love.

Slug3
02-29-2016, 04:13 PM

I didn't think of it about Lebron, but more of the Cavs might want something else in return for a younger player. But who knows.

Scoots
02-29-2016, 04:14 PM
Love's fit problem to me is that he plays the same position as LeBron but not as well.

Irving wants to dance with the ball and is incredibly skilled, but I don't know that his BBIQ is as developed as it should be and his D can be really bad at times.

With the Cavs cap situation I don't know that they can make many significant changes to the roster and win in those deals long term. But long term hasn't been their goal for nearly 2 years now.

eDush
02-29-2016, 04:18 PM
They haven't even had ONE chance at a title run and you already want to break it up. That's so short-sighted. Yes trade Kyrie Irving but everything will be okay if they can bring in Avery Bradley and Trevor Ariza. Get outta here. Bosh was getting abused initially for his reduced stats in Miami now he is looked upon as some hero. It's amazing. Please explain to me how Jimmy Butler fits with LeBron better than Kyrie Irving. or Derrick Favors better than Kevin Love.

I agree with you that people seem to be jumping the gun when they haven't had a healthy team competing in the playoffs yet with Lebron and yet they manage to reach the finals and was up 2-1 on the Warriors before they got noticeably tired. With a healthy Kyrie and Love, spacing and scoring should NOT be an issue. It's having someone in the paint who can dominate one and one. It might have to be Bron to handle the scoring down low with TT and Moz to block out and rebound :clap:

That's why the book favors the Cavs to win it all.

Lo Porto
02-29-2016, 04:24 PM

I said if they don't win it this year. Of course winning cures all ills.

I wouldn't trade Kyrie just for Bradley, but Bradley fits the current team needs of the Cavs as much as Kyrie for a third of the cost (not that money is an issue in Cleveland). Outside of the insane crap happening in GS, score first point guards don't win titles. Before Curry, you had to go back to Isaiah almost 30 years ago. Favors is a rim protector who can create his own offense. You could play him with Tristan or as C with LBJ at PF. Ariza is a proven 3D guy. You surround LBJ with proven 3D guys. Butler is a budding star who will do the dirty work. Bradley, Butler, LBJ, Tristan, Favors and somebody off the bench who can play SF/PF and shoot is a "team" more than what they have now.

It all comes down to attitude, toughness and defense. I just don't feel like Love and Kyrie have this, but I could be proven wrong in this year's playoffs. If they prove to be more of the same that we've seen the last two years, trade them while they can get massive return.

Vee-Rex
02-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Eh, most likely just BS rumors from Stephen A Smith who has nothing better to do.

Cavs lose a few games in the past 2 weeks and the world turns upside down.

Scoots
02-29-2016, 05:02 PM
I agree with you that people seem to be jumping the gun when they haven't had a healthy team competing in the playoffs yet with Lebron and yet they manage to reach the finals and was up 2-1 on the Warriors before they got noticeably tired. With a healthy Kyrie and Love, spacing and scoring should NOT be an issue. It's having someone in the paint who can dominate one and one. It might have to be Bron to handle the scoring down low with TT and Moz to block out and rebound :clap:

That's why the book favors the Cavs to win it all.

I thought the Cavs were healthy at the start of the playoffs last year.

europagnpilgrim
02-29-2016, 05:36 PM

Pops could coach him, other than that the rest are either in upper exec offices of nba(Riley-Jackson), in college at SMU or doing analyst work for the nba(MJackson-VanGundy), and possibly 2 or 3 ncaa coaches in residing at UNC-MSU-UK

Should he bolt for SA this offseason?

Slug3
02-29-2016, 06:03 PM
Eh, most likely just BS rumors from Stephen A Smith who has nothing better to do.

I think this rumor was out there even before SAS and even before Lebron came back to play. So there could be some truth to it.

Vee-Rex
02-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Pops could coach him, other than that the rest are either in upper exec offices of nba(Riley-Jackson), in college at SMU or doing analyst work for the nba(MJackson-VanGundy), and possibly 2 or 3 ncaa coaches in residing at UNC-MSU-UK

Should he bolt for SA this offseason?

Lebron isn't leaving, and if he did, I'm sure he'd never go to SA.

Cavs got the next 4 games at home. 2 of them are against mediocre teams (Pacers/Grizzlies) and the other 2 are revenge games (Celtics/Wizards). Then we go on the road to face the Lakers and Kings.

We're primed for a strong finish to the season. I'm prepared to put everything up until this point behind us and see how we finish the season. The remainder of the season has us facing only 1 more elite team (Clippers) and a few more decent teams (Heat/Bulls/Mavs/Hawks). I wouldn't be surprised if we won 20 of our last 24 games.

Vee-Rex
02-29-2016, 06:10 PM
I think this rumor was out there even before SAS and even before Lebron came back to play. So there could be some truth to it.

It was out there at the end of the 2013-14 season (because Kyrie's rookie contract was down to 1 more year and the Cavs were losing), at which point Kyrie signed a max deal (for that time) and proclaimed that it was complete BS and he never thought about leaving. I've read so many rumors that weren't true that I have a hard time believing them until more reputable reporters acknowledge it.

It seems more likely that SAS saw an opportunity (with the Cavs losing twice) to drop a rumor and get some attention.

Vee-Rex
02-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Also a FYI - Tyronn Lue did not sign a multi-year deal with the Cavs. Those were, of course, more BS rumors. David Griffin came out and squashed it. Lue is still in his assistant coach contract and will be evaluated after the season, and they will determine if they want to sign him or go to another candidate.

Edit: Link for evidence:

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/tyronn-lue-does-not-have-multi-year-deal-so-go-cavs/

http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/fastbreak-news/cavaliers-gm-david-griffin-says-tyronn-lue-doesnt-new-contract/

R. Johnson#3
02-29-2016, 06:21 PM
The rumour came from Stephen A. Smith.

Kush McDaniels
02-29-2016, 06:27 PM
Irving seems like the kind of loser who would be happy on an awful team, shooting 20+ times a game, and missing 20 games a year to injury.

phantasyyy
02-29-2016, 06:37 PM
Also a FYI - Tyronn Lue did not sign a multi-year deal with the Cavs. Those were, of course, more BS rumors. David Griffin came out and squashed it. Lue is still in his assistant coach contract and will be evaluated after the season, and they will determine if they want to sign him or go to another candidate.

Edit: Link for evidence:

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/tyronn-lue-does-not-have-multi-year-deal-so-go-cavs/

http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/fastbreak-news/cavaliers-gm-david-griffin-says-tyronn-lue-doesnt-new-contract/

Wow i didnt know that, seemed odd to me that Lue would get an extension before coaching his first NBA game lol.

It always seemed odd to me that Cleveland never broke up their all star core in Kyrie/Lebron/Love. I mean even though stats back up their "dominance/success" the fit together on offense seems so awkward-there just isnt enough ball to go around to fully utilize Love/Kyrie's playmaking in order to maximize Bron's talents, and with Lebron dialing it back on defense recently they have the 3 inept/below-average defenders in their starting lineup.

To be honest I thought Love to Boston was a foregone conclusion at the deadline but with injuries/struggles with Kyrie i think Cleveland decided to hold off and try one more run especially with the tax bill they are footing. I mean a package revolving around Bradley and Amir/Olynyk + other goodies would have addressed alot of the problems they are dealing with currently.

mngopher35
02-29-2016, 07:06 PM
It always seemed odd to me that Cleveland never broke up their all star core in Kyrie/Lebron/Love. I mean even though stats back up their "dominance/success" the fit together on offense seems so awkward-there just isnt enough ball to go around to fully utilize Love/Kyrie's playmaking in order to maximize Bron's talents, and with Lebron dialing it back on defense recently they have the 3 inept/below-average defenders in their starting lineup.

Lebron has been playing much better defensively than the past couple years and Love himself wasn't bad on that end so far (above average individually but not a great shot blocker/helper as a big obviously). They are now ranked 8th in drtg but I think at one point it was even higher (before Kyrie returning). I do agree there is still a concern on that end but I would at least give these guys this season and actually see if they can do damage if healthy through the playoffs. Kyrie is the 76th pg in DRPM this year which is concerning and while those other two have played well I wouldn't say they are elite or anything. He is coming back from injury though so it could improve still (last year while not good he wasn't this bad). Just saying there is cause for optimism if Kyrie puts his focus there instead of offense and those two continue their play. I want to see this group healthy and engaged come playoffs before I write them off due to those concerns.

ewing
02-29-2016, 07:09 PM
i blame coach blatt

eDush
02-29-2016, 08:58 PM
I thought the Cavs were healthy at the start of the playoffs last year.

:injury:Since their max player couldn't even finish game 1 and then the other big 3 didn't make it thru the 1st round, i would say they were not at full strength yet they still manage to reach the final with one of the Big 3 and took 2 of the first 3 games on us. JR is clearly overreacting like Stylez was overreacting when we lost 2 games in a row this season. Losing games like these will only help them in the playoffs which no team in the East would want to face, including those teams that beat them recently.

I think Kerr would rather face any team then the Cavs in the playoffs including the Spurs.

eDush
02-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Wow i didnt know that, seemed odd to me that Lue would get an extension before coaching his first NBA game lol.

To be honest I thought Love to Boston was a foregone conclusion at the deadline but with injuries/struggles with Kyrie i think Cleveland decided to hold off and try one more run especially with the tax bill they are footing. I mean a package revolving around Bradley and Amir/Olynyk + other goodies would have addressed alot of the problems they are dealing with currently.

I don't see the oddity in what the Cavs are doing and people are just overreacting to nothing. The only 2 teams no one wants to face are the Warriors and the Cavs in the playoffs - that's it! Every other team is just waiting for the big re-match to happen like the Lakers and Celtics back in the hay days :nod:

More-Than-Most
02-29-2016, 10:31 PM
OMG sixers... Send OKA or Noel and the lakers pick please.

eDush
02-29-2016, 10:51 PM

Why would they do that when they have turn down the rumored Okafor by himself deadline trade to Boston for Olynyk, Jae and the highly coveted Net's pick from the previous Pierce and KG trade. Yeah Kyrie is soo much better than the other trade :laugh:

EAGLES3658
02-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Cavs should get rid of Irving. They'd be much better without him.

eDush
02-29-2016, 10:55 PM

And why would the Cavs want Noel when they drafted Bennett instead who i think was recently waived? ...so now you want the Cavs to trade their other top overall pick to get the player they didn't draft with the other top overall pick, oh the irony :laugh2:

:dance:

eDush
02-29-2016, 10:57 PM
Cavs should get rid of Irving. They'd be much better without him.

Kyrie just nailed 2 clutch free throws to win a closed game tonight....hate much? :mad:

EAGLES3658
02-29-2016, 10:59 PM
Kyrie just nailed 2 clutch free throws to win a closed game tonight....hate much? :mad:
Oh my, nvm then. Absolutely does 2 clutch free throws mean a team is better with that person.

eDush
02-29-2016, 11:03 PM
Oh my, nvm then. Absolutely does 2 clutch free throws mean a team is better with that person.

Like you can even hit one free throw in the final seconds to win the game with millions of people watching you :laugh2: It's not easy, trust me on this :nod:

EAGLES3658
03-01-2016, 12:18 AM
Like you can even hit one free throw in the final seconds to win the game with millions of people watching you :laugh2: It's not easy, trust me on this :nod:

Lmao it is funny because you think this is actually a good point. No one cares if he hit free throws at the end, that doesn't make him good or mean the Cavs are better with him.

mrblisterdundee
03-01-2016, 12:38 AM
1. Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert for Chris Paul, J.J. Redick and Austin Rivers
2. Kyrie Irving and Matthew Dellavedova for Ricky Rubio, Shabazz Muhammed and Gorgui Dieng
3. Kyrie Irving for Jrue Holiday, Quincy Pondexter and Norris Cole

Jeffy25
03-01-2016, 12:45 AM
Kyrie and Westbrook both take more shots per minute than Durant and LeBron.

That ain't right

Jeffy25
03-01-2016, 12:46 AM

Professional athletes are beyond used to that pressure.

WaDe03
03-01-2016, 12:48 AM
Going to be amazing when the Heat beat them in the ECF.

eDush
03-01-2016, 12:49 AM
1. Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert for Chris Paul, J.J. Redick and Austin Rivers
2. Kyrie Irving and Matthew Dellavedova for Ricky Rubio, Shabazz Muhammed and Gorgui Dieng
3. Kyrie Irving for Jrue Holiday, Quincy Pondexter and Norris Cole

I doubt CP3 want to live in Cleveland after living in tinseltown and they need to give up one of the best shooters in the league in Riddick and they are winning without face puncher so keep dreaming :laugh2:

You need to trade with struggling teams like maybe the Beard for Kyrie.

Jeffy25
03-01-2016, 12:55 AM
Lmao it is funny because you think this is actually a good point. No one cares if he hit free throws at the end, that doesn't make him good or mean the Cavs are better with him.

LeBron got the rebound for Irving to get those free throws. LeBron got the Thompson assist, and the Delladova assist

In the final 5 minutes of a close game.

Irving had a turnover, three missed field goal attempts, and the four free throws, all of which were shot with at least a 3 point lead and under 8 seconds to go.

eDush
03-01-2016, 01:09 AM
^^ That's not how the highlight was shown....maybe they want to show that Kyrie is still needed unlike how you tried to tear him down :sad:

Vee-Rex
03-01-2016, 01:12 AM
Irving sucks at defense, sucks at basketball, blah blah.

Simple fact of the matter is when the likes of Kawhi or Iggy are guarding/putting the clamps on Bron, the Cavs need offense from somewhere. Love is so inconsistent at times that it's simply not enough. This is where Irving comes in.

The Cavs are better off trying to beat the Dubs/Spurs by getting decent/average/slightly below average/anythingthatsnotabsolutelyterrible defense out of Irving and having him explode on offense (which is something he's shown he can do) than trying to milk offense from a team whose only consistent scorer is being clamped down by Kawhi or Iggy.

Anyone claiming we're better off without him is simply clueless.

Jeffy25
03-01-2016, 01:13 AM
^^ That's not how the highlight was shown....maybe they want to show that Kyrie is still needed unlike how you tried to tear him down :sad:

I'm not trying to tear him down. He just wasn't as critical in the win as your post made it appear

nba.com highlights didn't even show him doing anything but the missed floater

eDush
03-01-2016, 01:17 AM

Simple fact of the matter is when the likes of Kawhi or Iggy are guarding/putting the clamps on Bron, the Cavs need offense from somewhere. Love is so inconsistent at times that it's simply not enough. This is where Irving comes in.

The Cavs are better off trying to beat the Dubs/Spurs by getting decent/average/slightly below average/anythingthatsnotabsolutelyterrible defense out of Irving and having him explode on offense (which is something he's shown he can do) than trying to milk offense from a team whose only consistent scorer is being clamped down by Kawhi or Iggy.

Love can score and rebound at will if the team run their offense thru him instead of Lebron unless you forgot what he did in Minny.

Vee-Rex
03-01-2016, 01:26 AM
Love can score and rebound at will if the team run their offense thru him instead of Lebron unless you forgot what he did in Minny.

Love is extremely talented offensively but he's not that efficient, and he lacks consistency. If given enough shots, sure he could still put up 24 and 12, but it'll be on 42% shooting. It's just not wise when you have someone like Bron who is shooting 50% this year, and Kyrie shooting 51% in the last 15 games (and also 42% from 3pt range in the last 10 games). Irving's offense has been much much better the 2nd month compared to the 1st month since his return from injury.

I love when the Cavs try to feed Love, though. One of his main strengths is getting to the free throw line and if he can get going, he can cause some real damage. I just don't think he's the complete answer game in and game out, and if Iggy/Kawhi are guarding Bron then we'll need Irving badly.

eDush
03-01-2016, 01:39 AM
I was looking at Dion slash line today (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400828776) and wondering why the Cavs traded him again? ....i hope it's not because he punch you know who in the face :(

Vee-Rex
03-01-2016, 01:47 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14874461/kyrie-irving-deflects-talk-wants-cleveland-cavaliers

Kyrie basically calling Stephen A Smith's words BS.

For anyone who is unaware, Kyrie has always been the 'level-headed' kind of person on the team. He can play rather selfishly at times, but from all the radio interviews and words I've heard from him, he realizes the impact the media has and won't feed it by blowing his top.

Everyone wants a story and the Cavs are the perfect team to pick on because of the reason losses and the national hate for LeBron. All of it will blow over in a week or two.

WaDe03
03-01-2016, 01:58 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14874461/kyrie-irving-deflects-talk-wants-cleveland-cavaliers

Kyrie basically calling Stephen A Smith's words BS.

For anyone who is unaware, Kyrie has always been the 'level-headed' kind of person on the team. He can play rather selfishly at times, but from all the radio interviews and words I've heard from him, he realizes the impact the media has and won't feed it by blowing his top.

Everyone wants a story and the Cavs are the perfect team to pick on because of the reason losses and the national hate for LeBron. All of it will blow over in a week or two.

Honestly, rumors like these seem to be true more times than not. Players will of course deny it especially at this point of the season when they can't be traded. You will continue to hear this until the season ends and then it'll get more intense with trade talk and talk of LeBron leaving and all that.

Jeffy25
03-01-2016, 02:09 AM
I was looking at Dion slash line today (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400828776) and wondering why the Cavs traded him again? ....i hope it's not because he punch you know who in the face :(

In the post above this, you criticized Love for shooting 42%, and then link us to Waiters who is shooting under 40% for the Thunder

eDush
03-01-2016, 02:33 AM

In the post above this, you criticized Love for shooting 42%, and then link us to Waiters who is shooting under 40% for the Thunder

I did NOT critIcized Love shooting % you are confusing me with sleestake I think. And I was referring to Dion slash line for today which is above 50% and I included a link for you to see. Dion has become a 2 way player this season otherwise you wouldn't get a differential at +30 clip :clap:

Jeffy25
03-01-2016, 02:34 AM
I did NOT critIcized Love otherwise price a bubble on that. And I was referring to Dion slash line for today which is above 50% and I included a link for you to see. Dion has become a 2 way player this season otherwise you wouldn't get a differential at +30 :clap:

Yes you can.

Just be on a good team

nastynice
03-01-2016, 02:49 AM

x2 on the bold. Did people forget who lebron james is, exactly? There is still ridiculous talent on that team, they are still STRONG favorites to come out of the east. Dubs and spurs are both on pace for historic years, there's nothing the cavs can do about that, but to sit here and act like they are a failure because they themselves aren't historically good?

At the end of the day, the only thing that is really their true mountain to climb is ONE 7 game series, the finals. Given the amount of talent they have, they will have a punchers chance against even the best teams in the league right now.

numba1CHANGsta
03-01-2016, 04:59 AM
TBH I see the Cavs imploding this offseason. It's all gonna begin when the Cavs fail to win in the Finals again leading to LeBron leaving CLE once again and the Cavs trading both Irving and Love.

DboneG
03-01-2016, 09:42 AM
This rumor could be true. Kyrie is your typical point guard in the NBA today. Shoot and don't play defense. Kyrie wants to be "The Man", like a lot of players, Kyrie wants to be on ESPN highlights every night, Kyrie wants to shoot whenever he want to, then, here comes LeBron. And mess all that up.

You have to choose one or the other. Sacrificing your game, playing defense and winning, going to the playoffs every year, maybe winning a championship or two. Or continue status quo...put up big numbers and gain personal glory.

I think Kyrie see LeBron playing 3-5 more years, That would be a big hit on his personal numbers and game. He have to defer to LeBron, and split with Kevin Love. Kyrie is at the most creative stage in his career! (remember the insane 2-3 years D-Rose were having). He believe he can make long shots like Curry, do insane moves like Lillard and Westbrook. He has to have the ultimate green light- do whatever you want whenever you want. But, once these 2-3 years of his most creative stage are gone..Kyrie won't be able to get them back.

It will be a very interesting summer.

eDush
03-01-2016, 09:52 AM

Like that Rapters game where the PG Kyrie was guarding scored like 50 on him while he scored 10 to return the favor is the kind of scoring the Cavs needs like you say :nod:

Vee-Rex
03-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Like that Rapters game where the PG Kyrie was guarding scored like 50 on him while he scored 10 to return the favor is the kind of scoring the Cavs needs like you say :nod:

I know you're just a troll in this thread, but even after Lowry's career game on Irving, he's still only shooting 41% FG in head2head with Kyrie for his entire career. So less careercantmissashotwithmyeyesclosed nights and more games at the usual 41% shooting would be pretty awesome. ;)

nastynice wins the thread (as usual) :D

Chromehounds
03-01-2016, 01:49 PM
What funny is, if the rumor is true Irving leaves and a pouting Love. LeBron would have the same team as he did back in 2004-05, or roughly his first run in Cleveland. Karma is a ____! ;) The question now should be, will he hold another televise announcement bringing his talent to LA?

Scoots
03-01-2016, 02:02 PM
The Cavs best move in my mind would be moving Love for a quality 3 and D SF.

Irving is a good dude. He may never reach the heights his talent says is there ... but he's not a bad teammate or a bad guy. He needs to be healthy and work on D but he's still better for this team than Love.

Long term I don't know that this mix of players can work, but Irving is not the worst part of the mix.

Tony_Starks
03-01-2016, 02:09 PM
All I want from Kyrie is to have a great Finals so when they catch another L at least it won't be his fault.

It'll just be Kevin Loves! Lol

eDush
03-01-2016, 02:28 PM
The Cavs best move in my mind would be moving Love for a quality 3 and D SF.

Irving is a good dude. He may never reach the heights his talent says is there ... but he's not a bad teammate or a bad guy. He needs to be healthy and work on D but he's still better for this team than Love.

Long term I don't know that this mix of players can work, but Irving is not the worst part of the mix.
Oh let me guess....like your l**** Barnes :laugh:

It's all good with all the teasing I get on Jackson.

Jamiecballer
03-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Not exactly shocking he doesn't exactly come off as a team first guy.
Pretty much

kobe4thewinbang
03-02-2016, 01:31 AM
Kyrie Irving isn't "happy" with his situation in Cleveland and might want to play elsewhere next season. Who could Cleveland get back to keep LeBron happy? CP3?Stephen A. Smith and Brian Windhorst are reporting this, so take it with a grain of Broussard. I dunno if it's true, but Irving is injury-prone and honestly ain't been balling like he did against the Spurs last season. I have no clue why he'd be unhappy after reaching the Finals from being a lottery team with two stars beside him and a good assortment of role players to boot. But Cavaliers have him under contract, so they can always trade him to a willing team. I made a CP3 for Irving thread a few months ago, but I don't think Clippers would do it since Griffin is being flaky this season and CP3 is dropping 40. Maybe Irving liked Coach Blatt or something? I hope it isn't true, because implosion killed the Pacers two seasons ago.

eDush
03-02-2016, 07:17 AM
SAS reportedly said he's unhappy in Cleveland. I wonder if it's merely just living there and prefer South Beach instead maybe. Now we know why JJ chose the Heat since it's not about winning a title.

Scoots
03-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Oh let me guess....like your l**** Barnes :laugh:

It's all good with all the teasing I get on Jackson.

He would probably work pretty good for them actually.

FOXHOUND
03-03-2016, 03:20 PM
I could actually see there being potential legs to a Paul for Irving trade this summer. The Clippers window pretty much passed already. They've had a stacked team for years and failed to come through in the postseason, and now they'll never be on the level of GS, SA or OKC. Paul is turning 31 in May and has no cartilage in his knee, so another short postseason trip may invoke a soft reset there to retool around Blake and Jordan who are 26.

Paul definitely loves LA, but I think he would spend the next season in Cleveland with his buddy LeBron for a free Finals trip and chance at a ring. Next year is the last year on his deal, so he really only has to deal with one year if he really wants before hitting free agency. That would also help balance value, because Paul is clearly better than Irving. I would imagine that the Clippers would still want more than just Irving.

Chronz
03-03-2016, 03:33 PM
I could actually see there being potential legs to a Paul for Irving trade this summer. The Clippers window pretty much passed already. They've had a stacked team for years and failed to come through in the postseason, and now they'll never be on the level of GS, SA or OKC. Paul is turning 31 in May and has no cartilage in his knee, so another short postseason trip may invoke a soft reset there to retool around Blake and Jordan who are 26.
No they havent had a "stacked" team for years. That said, the sheer age difference makes this a smart move for both teams if they wanted to retool. Its just not for the reasons you've given, SA lost to LAC last year and made some smart additions but they're aging, Clips could easily make some key additions but Doc Rivers doesn't inspire much faith. Really, everything hinges on Blake catching up to CP3 before he declines too much.

Paul definitely loves LA, but I think he would spend the next season in Cleveland with his buddy LeBron for a free Finals trip and chance at a ring. Next year is the last year on his deal, so he really only has to deal with one year if he really wants before hitting free agency. That would also help balance value, because Paul is clearly better than Irving. I would imagine that the Clippers would still want more than just Irving.
Irving and Shumpert

FOXHOUND
03-03-2016, 04:14 PM
No they havent had a "stacked" team for years. That said, the sheer age difference makes this a smart move for both teams if they wanted to retool. Its just not for the reasons you've given, SA lost to LAC last year and made some smart additions but they're aging, Clips could easily make some key additions but Doc Rivers doesn't inspire much faith. Really, everything hinges on Blake catching up to CP3 before he declines too much.

Irving and Shumpert

Any time you have 3 All-NBA players on the same team, not to mention another good starter in Redick, you are stacked. I thing the main difference in that example is that the Spurs had cap space to sign a max FA like Aldridge, where as the Clippers don't have any assets to make any drastic changes. They just traded another 1st for Jeff Green, that's about the extent of moves they can make. Short of trading Paul or Blake, that is.

As a Knick fan I have a soft spot for Shumpert, but I've been disappointed in him this season. You gotta think they would move Paul and Redick, probably in separate deals or in a big multi team trade I guess. I think a haul of Irving, Shumpert and a good young SF would be pretty good though. Don't know who that would be.

Thinking of it that way, maybe they would be better off trading Blake to a team like the Celtics or something, getting Crowder and other good role players for the bench to make a hurrah run with Paul. Idk lol

Chronz
03-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Any time you have 3 All-NBA players on the same team, not to mention another good starter in Redick, you are stacked.
Thats happened once, not years. And the one year they had that, they also sported the worst bench in the league, their top-4 can hang with anyone, that doesn't make them stacked, especially when CP3 suffered an injury that exhausted the entire team.

I thing the main difference in that example is that the Spurs had cap space to sign a max FA like Aldridge, where as the Clippers don't have any assets to make any drastic changes. They just traded another 1st for Jeff Green, that's about the extent of moves they can make. Short of trading Paul or Blake, that is.

Not as flexible but they do have a window to make cap moves and its LA, if the team competes I can see a vet taking a paycut to play here.

As a Knick fan I have a soft spot for Shumpert, but I've been disappointed in him this season. You gotta think they would move Paul and Redick, probably in separate deals or in a big multi team trade I guess. I think a haul of Irving, Shumpert and a good young SF would be pretty good though. Don't know who that would be.

Thinking of it that way, maybe they would be better off trading Blake to a team like the Celtics or something, getting Crowder and other good role players for the bench to make a hurrah run with Paul. Idk lol

Yeah they would would rather just trade CP3 for the youth and the idea of Shump, if not him then some trade chip for that SF but if not, its hard to find a quality player at that same position in that same age bracket so they would settle. Only if they feel CP3 wont survive the retool, San Antonio didn't get the cap space over night and powers like GS will eventually have to pay all their stars.

Scoots
03-03-2016, 07:39 PM
powers like GS will eventually have to pay all their stars.

Not if they go the Miami route and keep getting them on sweetheart deals and then pay them late in their career when they are not worth it or pay them after they retire in non-capped positions for the next 20 years. Curry as franchise ambassador to the world, pay him $5M per year for the next 20 years ... there's your money Steph, sign another cap friendly deal.

MonroeFAN
03-05-2016, 09:40 AM
CP3 is the better PG, Irving is a better shooter. Irving is also younger too. So if the Clips want Irving, they might have to do something like CP3, Wes Johnson, and Crawford for Irving, JR Smith, and Kaun/McRae.

Irving is a better shooter than Chris Paul?