PDA

View Full Version : Spurs hit 19th season with 50+ wins (or = %)

JasonJohnHorn
02-28-2016, 10:14 AM
It seems that as sure as the sun will rise and spring will come, the Spurs will have a 50-wins season.

This year marks the 19th straight season with 50 or more wins, or an equivalent winning percentages (the lock-out shortened season of 99 saw then with only 37 wins, but there were only 50-games in that season: their winning percentage was well over the 61% require to get 50 wins; and they ended up with over 50 wins on the season with 16 victories on pace to an NBA championship).

With young players like Leonard, and LMA comprising the team's core, and some cap space perhaps opening things up this season for an additional signing, the Spurs will likely extend that streak to 20 seasons next year.

Scoots
02-28-2016, 11:01 AM
I don't know that I'd consider LMA "young" :)

I wonder how much they'll fall off next year with Duncan and Ginobli retiring. Not enough to miss 50.

But it's not going to be too much longer for Pop and RC to leave. Even then they might keep it going.

Amazing.

JasonJohnHorn
02-28-2016, 01:20 PM

I wonder how much they'll fall off next year with Duncan and Ginobli retiring. Not enough to miss 50.

But it's not going to be too much longer for Pop and RC to leave. Even then they might keep it going.

Amazing.

I guess I should say that LMA is young in context: next to Duncan, Manu, and Parker, he is young. But yes, he's tail end of prime years.

As for retirement.... I expected Manu to retire two years ago. I don't expect Duncan to retire this year. I think he's going to top Kobe's record for most seasons with one team.

And he's still making a positive impact on the floor. I expect next year he'll be playing 17-21 minutes a game. He still performs better than most players at his position.

CHANGO
02-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Just incredible, for sure the best franchise on the NBA.

Vampirate
02-28-2016, 06:03 PM
Just incredible, for sure the best franchise on the NBA.

Sports, what the Spurs have accomplished exceeds that with what the Yankees have done. Especially since the Spurs don't have the drawing power or the checkbook like the Yankees have.

CHANGO
02-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Sports, what the Spurs have accomplished exceeds that with what the Yankees have done. Especially since the Spurs don't have the drawing power or the checkbook like the Yankees have.

I agree. Best franchise between NBA, NFL and MLB for sure. Don't know much of NHL or Soccer to say in all sports, but I'm sure if they aren't the best, they are closely on top.

bgdreton
02-28-2016, 06:24 PM
Crazy good forever man. Hated this team for a long time but it comes to a point where you say "much respect"

CHANGO
02-28-2016, 07:08 PM
Crazy good forever man. Hated this team for a long time but it comes to a point where you say "much respect"

I don't know how you can hate the Spurs (Unless you are a Mavs fan). :laugh:

As a HEAT fan, I tried to hate/dislike them but couldn't. It's impossible to hate those guys, class act, class organization, just classy.

ManningToTyree
02-29-2016, 01:37 AM
Absolutely insane.

MrfadeawayJB
02-29-2016, 11:52 AM
This is really incredible

bgdreton
02-29-2016, 02:53 PM

I don't know how you can hate the Spurs (Unless you are a Mavs fan). :laugh:

As a HEAT fan, I tried to hate/dislike them but couldn't. It's impossible to hate those guys, class act, class organization, just classy.

I mean at the end of the day I could hate any team but I hated them specifically because I'm a warriors fan. A warriors fan prior to our recent run a fan of a team that was pretty much bottom of the league for most my life. I was envious....the spurs whooped my teams *** all the time we seemingly never beat them like ever. Actually I still don't think we have beaten a Duncan lead team at their home yet in the regular season.

phantasyyy
02-29-2016, 03:41 PM

Amazing.

Yeah Duncan truly the definition of an ego-less star and i too think he will stay on with the team contributing in short spurts and saving his legs for the playoffs. Even at the tender age of 39(40 by the time the playoffs start) he still anchors the best defense in the L, and is still their best option at C. I just the the intrigue of getting his 6th(passing kobe) or 7th(passing jordan) is too much to give up even if they fall short this year. Especially with the progress Kawhi has made and the addition of Aldridge allows him to play when he wants and sit when he cant play.