PDA

View Full Version : Stein: Wolves buying out Martin

mrblisterdundee
02-26-2016, 01:42 PM
Marc Stein tweeted about the Minnesota Timberwolves being in buyout talks with Kevin Martin (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/703052857386278912):

Kevin Martin and the Timberwolves in advanced buyout negotiations to make him free agent by playoff-eligibility deadline, league sources say

I would go for Kevin Martin before Joe Johnson at this point. Martin can still score 15 to 20 points per game and hit some big shots in the right situation. The Cavaliers should be trying to sign him.

Chronz
02-26-2016, 01:56 PM
I wouldve given a 2nd rounder for him. Hope he doesn't go back to SacTown

JLynn943
02-26-2016, 02:17 PM
I'd like the Kings to go for him (we really, really need a starting SG), but he'll get offers from teams with better playoff hopes. Maybe he'll want to try and help get us there, but I kind of doubt it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-26-2016, 02:40 PM
Andre Miller bought out as well.

Chronz
02-26-2016, 02:45 PM
I'd like the Kings to go for him (we really, really need a starting SG), but he'll get offers from teams with better playoff hopes. Maybe he'll want to try and help get us there, but I kind of doubt it.

Bring back Adelman, he would follow that coach till the end of time. Rondo would hate him tho.

Vinylman
02-26-2016, 02:48 PM
I wouldve given a 2nd rounder for him. Hope he doesn't go back to SacTown

a lot of teams would have... they just didn't have cap room

Alayla
02-26-2016, 04:31 PM
mabye OKC swings him an offer again or something

Blink
02-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Detroit needs this guy

Dade County
02-26-2016, 05:01 PM
Miami will get him too & lawson. Nba = Entertainment

mrblisterdundee
02-26-2016, 05:19 PM
mabye OKC swings him an offer again or something

He'd work great in OKC as another shooter to spread the floor.

mrblisterdundee
02-26-2016, 05:22 PM

Sacramento already has several wing shooters. Bellinelli just needs to get his groove back, while Collison, Casspi, McLemore even Gay are all shooting a decent clip. Martin would be wasting his time with that team.

CHANGO
02-26-2016, 05:26 PM
HEAT need some shooters BADDDDDDLYYYYYY. Please K-Mart, come to the HEAT.

SportsFanatic10
02-26-2016, 05:52 PM
HEAT need some shooters BADDDDDDLYYYYYY. Please K-Mart, come to the HEAT.

Ya I'm glad we got J.J. but I think I'd rather Martin if I could choose between the 2 for this year's Heat roster.

CHANGO
02-26-2016, 05:54 PM
Lots of nice players getting bought out or waived.

JJ
Martin
Rumors about Thornton getting waived by the Rockets.
Miller LMAO.

Solid veterans.

CHANGO
02-26-2016, 05:56 PM
Ya I'm glad we got J.J. but I think I'd rather Martin if I could choose between the 2 for this year's Heat roster.

Me too, I'm glad we got JJ but would preferred the better shooter. Anyways JJ is more versatile. I'm happy with the move.

Dade County
02-26-2016, 06:08 PM

Miami is getting Both of them... Discounted! Lol

JLynn943
02-26-2016, 06:35 PM
Sacramento already has several wing shooters. Bellinelli just needs to get his groove back, while Collison, Casspi, McLemore even Gay are all shooting a decent clip. Martin would be wasting his time with that team.

Most of the time we get nothing out of our shooting guard. Ideally, we'd have a good 3 and D guy, and if McLemore would become the player he has the potential to be we'd be fine, but getting someone other than Collison to routinely contribute shooting from a guard position would help this team a lot.

Marco should be that guy on offense, but he hasn't gotten his groove back all year, so I'm not expecting it now.

ManningToTyree
02-27-2016, 03:14 AM
Knicks have tried to trade for him a couple of times. Can't imagine he'd want to come to this mess though.

Still some contenders who need shooting. OKC, Boston maybe, Cleveland always a possibility

Kyben36
02-27-2016, 05:26 AM
I know where he isnt going, chicago, because that would be a good move. take snell and brooks out out of lineup.

lakerfan85
02-27-2016, 08:58 PM
I seen that Martin and Andre Miller are going to the Spurs..

CHANGO
02-28-2016, 01:42 AM
I seen that Martin and Andre Miller are going to the Spurs..

Yeah, I read something like that too. The least the Spurs need is another great shooter.

papipapsmanny
02-28-2016, 02:48 PM
OKC should be after him again. Outside the year they had him and the Harden days... that have had pure crap at the shooting guard.... when it comes to shooting.

Westbrook-Martin-Durant-Ibaka-Adams would be very dynamic.

I mean Roberson gets left wide open because he cannot shoot

kobe4thewinbang
02-29-2016, 10:19 PM
OKC should be after him again. Outside the year they had him and the Harden days... that have had pure crap at the shooting guard.... when it comes to shooting.

Westbrook-Martin-Durant-Ibaka-Adams would be very dynamic.

I mean Roberson gets left wide open because he cannot shootI don't recall him doing very well in OKC.

mrblisterdundee
03-01-2016, 12:49 AM
Most of the time we get nothing out of our shooting guard. Ideally, we'd have a good 3 and D guy, and if McLemore would become the player he has the potential to be we'd be fine, but getting someone other than Collison to routinely contribute shooting from a guard position would help this team a lot.

Marco should be that guy on offense, but he hasn't gotten his groove back all year, so I'm not expecting it now.

Still, Sacramento is wasting its time getting any veterans at this point. Really, Sacramento is wasting its time with DeMarcus Cousins. There's no way that relationship is working out in the long-term. Sacramento's rebuild starts in the front office and center around trading Cousins for assets to pair with guys like Willie Cauley-Stein and Ben McLemore.

YAALREADYKNO
03-01-2016, 11:22 AM
The cavs should be all over this