PDA

View Full Version : Curry: Most consecutive games with a 3pt FG

JasonJohnHorn
02-24-2016, 10:17 PM
http://www.nba.com/2016/news/02/24/curry-ties-3-point-record.ap/index.html

He just tied the mark set by Kyle Korver...and with him taking 10 a game and hitting over 40%.... it seems that barring an injury in the opening minutes of a game, this record could be extended into multiple seasons.... maybe three or four.

Ten years ago a mark like that looked impressive. Now I get the feeling that there will be a number of players with this kind of streak, but Curry could push this out of reach the way Stockton has with assists and steals.

How far is this likely to go?

jerellh528
02-24-2016, 10:26 PM
This record is going to continue until curry retires or gets injured in the opening minute of a game

BKLYNpigeon
02-24-2016, 11:18 PM
If it wasn't for the Spurs game last year mid season, Curry would have consecutive 3s close to 200 games now.

numba1CHANGsta
02-24-2016, 11:30 PM
Is he the best pure shooter in NBA history?

numba1CHANGsta
02-24-2016, 11:37 PM
Curry is averaging 207 3-point FGM/yr
Ray Allen, the all-time leader, averaged 165 3-point FGM/yr

Curry is going to shatter every single 3-point record

Scoots
02-24-2016, 11:41 PM
This record is going to continue until curry retires or gets injured in the opening minute of a game

This. It's not likely he will play a full game and not make 1, but he could go in, get hurt, and miss the rest of the game.

TrueFan420
02-25-2016, 01:38 AM
Curry is going to shatter every single 3-point record
This

ManningToTyree
02-25-2016, 02:06 AM
Is he the best pure shooter in NBA history? yes.

I assumed he already had this record. It could go on for a very long time.

nastynice
02-25-2016, 02:14 AM
He's so sav at 3's, its almost kind of unimpressive, lol, its just like yea, obviously, and what? The true shock would be if he DIDN'T have this record.

giantspwn
02-25-2016, 02:18 AM
Isn't he shooting above 60% behind 25 ft?

The things he's doing this season is revolutionizing the NBA. You can't guard a guy that can make shots near mid court consistently. Ridiculous.

LA_Raiders
02-25-2016, 02:26 AM
There are not shutdown defenders anymore, so this record will be untouchable

Scoots
02-26-2016, 11:54 AM

The defenders are still there, it's the game that changed to make them less effective.

Curry didn't go a game in the playoffs without a 3 too so the record is now 149 straight games.

Hawkeye15
02-26-2016, 12:10 PM

sure there are. But, there has never been a player who can hit from 27 off the dribble like it's a layup, and if you press, blows by you like you are stuck in cement.

TrueFan420
02-26-2016, 01:17 PM
sure there are. But, there has never been a player who can hit from 27 off the dribble like it's a layup, and if you press, blows by you like you are stuck in cement.

And if you double he can hit the open man who can move it to one of the other deadly 3 point shoots who is now wide open.

Scoots
02-26-2016, 01:36 PM
I heard on the radio the other day that the threat to embarrass players has maybe made players play Steph a little softer. Like players are not hammering him coming off screens or when he's in the lane because he will remember it and make that player look bad at every oportunity.

Doesn't seem likely to me, but I remember players not supporting Brandon Knight when he tried to defend on a dunk by DJ (?) where he got posterized. So maybe more players think more about their image over playing the game "right" than I would have thought. Everyone in the NBA has seen videos of the top PGs whiffing on Curry, particularly CP3.

BKLYNpigeon
02-26-2016, 02:32 PM
this will be an easy streak for him to keep up.

The streak will probably stop when he gets injured early and they have to take him out of the game.

Hawkeye15
02-26-2016, 02:40 PM
And if you double he can hit the open man who can move it to one of the other deadly 3 point shoots who is now wide open.

exactly. That is one of the bigger problems. Curry was beat in the 3 point shooting contest....by his teammate. If he were on the Wolves for instance, fine, build a wall around him and make others shoot. But you can't with his current team.

Chronz
02-26-2016, 02:48 PM

Oscar "the grouch" Robertson hates the NBA. He thinks coaches are fools for not pressing Curry much.

Hawkeye15
02-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Oscar "the grouch" Robertson hates the NBA. He thinks coaches are fools for not pressing Curry much.

what does he think will happen if you press him 28 feet from the rim? Is he aware that arguably the 2nd best three point shooter in the game is sitting in the corner? And that Curry has shoe string handles with blow by speed?

TrueFan420
02-26-2016, 03:18 PM
exactly. That is one of the bigger problems. Curry was beat in the 3 point shooting contest....by his teammate. If he were on the Wolves for instance, fine, build a wall around him and make others shoot. But you can't with his current team.
Hahah King Klay is deadly from there. On top of that there's also Green, Barnes, Iggy, and Rush that hit the 3 at a solid rate.

Chronz
02-26-2016, 03:19 PM
All I know is that I wish Tmac had guys who knew how to play 4v3, it was literally his largest complaint, even in Houston. Guess its much different when you have Yao setting the pick tho, cant really spread the floor with him. Still, teams used to aggressively trap him, partly because he had lost the ability to split the defense himself. I wonder how much Dray would've helped his game.

CHANGO
02-26-2016, 05:23 PM
In the close games or losses the Warriors have played, the same patron is notable.

Splash Bro's shine with 30+ points.
The rest of the team is off usually with everyone 10- points.

Double teaming Curry isn't the answer.

Scoots
02-26-2016, 06:03 PM
In the close games or losses the Warriors have played, the same patron is notable.

Splash Bro's shine with 30+ points.
The rest of the team is off usually with everyone 10- points.

Double teaming Curry isn't the answer.

It never has been. The issue is are you one of the few teams who have someone who can slow him down enough to make a difference in a 7 game series. And you have to hope that his streakier teammates don't have up nights for those games too.

CHANGO
02-26-2016, 06:29 PM
It never has been. The issue is are you one of the few teams who have someone who can slow him down enough to make a difference in a 7 game series. And you have to hope that his streakier teammates don't have up nights for those games too.

Exactly, to me the hard part is making sure Green, Barnes, Iggy, Livingston, Barbosa, etc... don't have big nights. Usually one of them is making shots and that's the hard part. Delly stayed in front of Curry for sometime, and that resulted in close games or victories for the Cavs. But then Livingston appeared killing them in the post, Iggy hit some timely shots, Barnes too, Green making key plays, etc...

That's the hard part, maybe letting Curry go for 30-40pts is the answer, but the other guys are a problem too.