PDA

View Full Version : No recognition for CJ McCollum?

kobe4thewinbang
02-24-2016, 04:06 PM
The dude's having his best season, as many news outlets predicted before the season.

Getting 35mpg now, pretty much double what he got before, increased 3PT% to 40.8, shooting almost 45%, free throw shooting up to 80% and also more assists (4.3) from virtually none at all. 21ppg, and even a steal a game, rebounding is up and even blocks are up.

Next to 50 points Lillard, he's not doing too shabby, eh? Portland is holding onto a positive record in the wake of Aldridge skipping town in the west, which is impressive and they did wallop the Warriors the other night.

With Vonleh as a prospect, they might be back in the mix if this new fire in Lillard continues and CJ keeps this up.

phantasyyy
02-24-2016, 04:31 PM
The dude's having his best season, as many news outlets predicted before the season.

Getting 35mpg now, pretty much double what he got before, increased 3PT% to 40.8, shooting almost 45%, free throw shooting up to 80% and also more assists (4.3) from virtually none at all. 21ppg, and even a steal a game, rebounding is up and even blocks are up.

Next to 50 points Lillard, he's not doing too shabby, eh? Portland is holding onto a positive record in the wake of Aldridge skipping town in the west, which is impressive and they did wallop the Warriors the other night.

With Vonleh as a prospect, they might be back in the mix if this new fire in Lillard continues and CJ keeps this up.

I wouldn't necessarily say he gets no recognition, dudes pretty much a lock for the MIP award. As another poster stated the Blazers are like a Warriors-Lite team hahah. With Dame/McCollum doing their best splash brother impression, Aminu taking on Iggy/Barnes role, Vonleh/Leonard taking on Greens role.

The Blazers have quietly become that darkhorse team in the West..

Tony_Starks
02-24-2016, 05:06 PM
He's been ballin! Back to back 30+ games. Makes a lot of big shots, active on D.

They have a nice backcourt for the future if he keeps improving.

LMA and Matthews leaving may have been a blessing in disguise, gave him a chance to get some major burn.

He's shining right now.

BKLYNpigeon
02-24-2016, 05:29 PM
He's probably the best player from the 2013 draft class.

going to be a very productive player. I just know if he's going to be a great fit in with Lillard. If McCollun can transition to a PG. Blazers should trade Lillard for a Boat Load of assets.

JLynn943
02-24-2016, 05:38 PM
I was biased because I know him, but I really wanted the Kings to draft CJ. Now it seems like a no-brainer, but everyone was concerned about the competition he faced in college and about him being a tweener. I'm just happy he's doing well and proving people wrong.

RLundi
02-24-2016, 06:20 PM
I don't get it, why have two separate posters mentioned Noah Vonleh?

phantasyyy
02-24-2016, 06:33 PM

going to be a very productive player. I just know if he's going to be a great fit in with Lillard. If McCollun can transition to a PG. Blazers should trade Lillard for a Boat Load of assets.

Trade Lillard....? Lol wth. Why would the blazers trade their cornerstone that has been resigned under the old salary cap lmao.

Aust
02-24-2016, 06:44 PM
Stud duo.

flea
02-24-2016, 06:58 PM

going to be a very productive player. I just know if he's going to be a great fit in with Lillard. If McCollun can transition to a PG. [B]Blazers should trade Lillard for a Boat Load of assets.

Trade Lillard....? Lol wth. Why would the blazers trade their cornerstone that has been resigned under the old salary cap lmao.

Because Hinkie would do it.

Vincent
02-24-2016, 07:03 PM

There is a very short list of people I would trade Lillard for... and I certainly would not trade him for "assets," when teams are dying to package all their assets for a player of Lillard's caliber.

DboneG
02-24-2016, 08:13 PM
Make the playoffs... go far in the playoffs, CJ will get all the recognition he needs. (make your name in the playoffs)

WHAT?! You think he needs to get hyped up like Kristaps Porzingis! (fool mans gold)

AllDay28
02-24-2016, 08:15 PM
He won't win it , but lillard deserves MVP recognition this year . he had been having a stellar season

akesh99
02-24-2016, 08:27 PM
Not sure how he's not recognized. He was selected for the 3pt contest and is widely considered the front runner for the MIP award.

5ass
02-24-2016, 10:15 PM
He's mainly just a scorer and he's not very efficient. Playing next to Lillard, he still has a high USG% of 27. I'm not too impressed because I think you can put a few SGs in MCCOLLUM's place and they would perform to the same standards. I like him though. I think he'll be an elite 6th man on a contender.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-24-2016, 10:35 PM
He's going to win MIP. What are you talking about?

valade16
02-24-2016, 10:55 PM
He's mainly just a scorer and he's not very efficient. Playing next to Lillard, he still has a high USG% of 27. I'm not too impressed because I think you can put a few SGs in MCCOLLUM's place and they would perform to the same standards. I like him though. I think he'll be an elite 6th man on a contender.

He's not efficient but he's not inefficient.

He's shooting 45% FG, 41% 3PT, 80% FT. 54 TS%.

He's also plays PG when Lillard is out and has a decent APG (4.3).

CHANGO
02-25-2016, 05:02 AM
Seriously, I haven't watched a lot of Blazers games, WHY ARE THE BLAZERS ROLLING? What's the formula? What's happening? NO ONE expected them to be this good. I expected Lillard and McCollum to kill it but as a team? DANG!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-25-2016, 12:07 PM
Blazers were ready to part with CJ in the Monroe rumored trade. While Davis or Plumlee as throw in.

phantasyyy
02-25-2016, 02:41 PM

I mean those are efficient shooting #'s for a guard..

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2016, 03:18 PM
I was biased because I know him, but I really wanted the Kings to draft CJ. Now it seems like a no-brainer, but everyone was concerned about the competition he faced in college and about him being a tweener. I'm just happy he's doing well and proving people wrong.Ha, that's cool that you know him. When I looked at his stats, I saw that he's one year younger than me and born almost on the same day. Yeah, the Kings would be better with CJ since McLemore is struggling to even get in the rotation.

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Make the playoffs... go far in the playoffs, CJ will get all the recognition he needs. (make your name in the playoffs)

WHAT?! You think he needs to get hyped up like Kristaps Porzingis! (fool mans gold)He seems pretty clutch and has a nice shot.

kobe4thewinbang
02-25-2016, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't necessarily say he gets no recognition, dudes pretty much a lock for the MIP award. As another poster stated the Blazers are like a Warriors-Lite team hahah. With Dame/McCollum doing their best splash brother impression, Aminu taking on Iggy/Barnes role, Vonleh/Leonard taking on Greens role.

The Blazers have quietly become that darkhorse team in the West..I think they have a shot to make some noise. Got a new fire to 'em after a rocky start. Too bad CJ isn't taller than 6'4, and I'm not sure a Lillard/McCollum duo can really win because CJ already has half the APG that Lillard has. It reminds me of Butler/Rose with possible friction stirring there over who should run the show since they're both scorers. And if it's been rumored that CJ would've been in the Monroe trade, that's probably for the best because I think he's good but Lillard commands that star role with his contract.

CHANGO
02-25-2016, 05:45 PM
I mean those are efficient shooting #'s for a guard..

Exactly, people are going now with the motion that being efficient is shooting 50% + when on the last years if I remember correctly, Wade and Parker were the only guards shooting 50% + from the field. The usual efficient guard is around 45%-47% and let's not forget the 3ptFG shooting. McCollum is shooting 41% from the 3pt line, that's EXTRA efficient, especially when he's attempting 6 three pointers per game.

21.1ppg, 4.3apg, 3.6rpg, 1.2spg and 2.4TOpg shooting 45%FG, 41%3pt and 80%FT is pretty damn good for a player who started just 3 games last season and played 15.7mpg.

Compare those numbers with the numbers Klay ("the best sg in the league") is putting and you have yourself a pretty damn close comparison.

McCollum
21.1ppg, 4.3apg, 3.6rpg, 1.2spg and 2.4TOpg
45%FG, 41%3pt and 80%FT on 35mpg

Klay
21.8ppg, 2.2apg, 3.7rpg, 0.7spg and 1.8TOpg
47%FG, 42%3pt and 86%FT on 33mpg

5ass
02-25-2016, 07:43 PM

What I said basically.

His AST% ranks 31st among shooting guards. I think he's a little below average. All in all though a good player.

xxplayerxx23
02-26-2016, 12:53 AM

WHAT?! You think he needs to get hyped up like Kristaps Porzingis! (fool mans gold)

Fool mans gold lmfao