PDA

View Full Version : 76ers Offered Ish Smith, Stauskas, 2016 First Rounder To Hawks For Dennis Schroder

spreadeagle
02-23-2016, 08:15 PM
The Philadelphia 76ers offered Ish Smith, Nik Stauskas, an expiring contract and a 2016 first round pick to the Atlanta Hawks for Dennis Schroder.

Smith couldn't have been included in a multi-player deal since he had been acquired fewer than 60 days before the deadline, but he could have been moved in a second deal.

Smith is expected to have significant interest in free agency.

The Sixers and Hawks could revisit their trade talks in June.http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports&id=369861091

chi-townlove1
02-23-2016, 08:29 PM
What. In the ****. Was philly thinking?

aman_13
02-23-2016, 08:32 PM
I had to read that twice before commenting. Why would the Sixers give up a first?

SensandRaps
02-23-2016, 08:32 PM
What. In the ****. Was philly thinking?

better question is why the **** didnt the hawks take this and run

mngopher35
02-23-2016, 08:37 PM
What first was it though? I kinda doubt it was theirs or Lakers pick and if the rest are mid-late (they have Miami's but not sure if others) then its an easy no I'd say...

Wade n Fade
02-23-2016, 08:42 PM
Why didn't Atlanta take it?

mike44
02-23-2016, 08:44 PM
It was probably OKC or Miami's pick they were offering so no reason for the hawks to accept that for their future pg.

CHANGO
02-23-2016, 08:45 PM
WTF? For ****ing Dennis Schroder? WOW, that's too much for Dennis man. Wonder why the Hawks didn't accept that. Ish is a decent player, he went to the Sixers and made them at least competitive. Stauskas is a good shooter but adding the 1st round pick to that is crazy.

ShadyMcCoy29
02-23-2016, 08:50 PM
You all realize sixers have potentially 4 2016 first rounders right? Im sure the sixers didnt offer their own or the lakers pick. Heat (early 20) or okc (late 20) pick being added to ish and stauskas seems like fair value.

5ass
02-23-2016, 08:57 PM
What? Easy decision for the Hawks to pass. They need a wing that can help them immediately.

ewing
02-23-2016, 09:01 PM
Why didn't Atlanta take it?

cause dennis can be a legit starting PG and is 22. he is is worth more then a late 1st rounder, a decent journey men, and Stauskas. Unless you think stauskas is legit would have been a steal for Philly.

ewing
02-23-2016, 09:06 PM
i'm glad to see the Sixers trying to make legit moves though, Dennis would have been a nice addition

Scoots
02-23-2016, 09:09 PM
What first was it though? I kinda doubt it was theirs or Lakers pick and if the rest are mid-late (they have Miami's but not sure if others) then its an easy no I'd say...

Exactly

SeoulBeatz
02-23-2016, 09:12 PM
cause dennis can be a legit starting PG and is 22. he is is worth more then a late 1st rounder, a decent journey men, and Stauskas. Unless you think stauskas is legit would have been a steal for Philly.

this.

With 4 first rounders in this years draft it wouldn't have been a big loss to give up either the miami or okc pick as a sweetener.

Ish has been a solid boost to our roster, but I'm sad Atlanta didn't bite. I'm high on Schroeder and it would've been nice to have a potential starting PG for the future.

*Silver&Black*
02-23-2016, 09:42 PM
Schroder is worth more than a late 1st and some bench players. He'll be Atlanta's starter next season.

Alayla
02-23-2016, 11:14 PM
I had to read that twice before commenting. Why would the Sixers give up a first?

Why not?

Alayla
02-23-2016, 11:16 PM
i'm glad to see the Sixers trying to make legit moves though, Dennis would have been a nice addition

Im glad to see a postive comment :D! the scary thing is though reports say we are willing to offer him the max when hes a FA

aman_13
02-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Why not?

I assumed it's the Sixers pick.

Aust
02-23-2016, 11:29 PM
Wow, I'm guessing it wasn't either LAL or Philly's pick.

warfelg
02-24-2016, 09:14 AM
this.

With 4 first rounders in this years draft it wouldn't have been a big loss to give up either the miami or okc pick as a sweetener.

Ish has been a solid boost to our roster, but I'm sad Atlanta didn't bite. I'm high on Schroeder and it would've been nice to have a potential starting PG for the future.

Im glad to see a postive comment :D! the scary thing is though reports say we are willing to offer him the max when hes a FA

I'm glad to see the two guys that commented on this that are fellow 6er fans would like this move. It's the type of guy that we should be getting. Is giving him a max as well a risk? **** yea. But I rather give a 22 year old PG who's numbers have improved every year the max than a 28 year old PG who will be an overpaid shell of himself by the time we are competing.

I mean, sooner or later, this is the type of move we need to make. It was 3 blah players (Ish, Staus, Jakarr) who Atlanta lets walk at the end of the season, and hopefully a late-ish (Miami/OKC) pick. That would have been highway robbery at the rate Schroder is improving.

If we don't trade it this off season, I predict that this LAL is going to be the hottest trade asset next deadline.

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 09:18 AM
better question is why the **** didnt the hawks take this and run

What are you 3 talking about? Players like Ish Smith develop every season in Phili. He's a career inefficient journey/garbage man and they suck with him running the show. You don't know who's pick it was, and the players going to ATL combined aren't even close to Shroeder's value.

76ers get a major piece, Atlanta get's 2 players who probably don't crack the rotation.

ewing
02-24-2016, 09:27 AM

he is under contract for two more years. I am sure they would have used those two years to make there evalue. If they wound up giving him a max it would have been to a 24 year old point gaurd that you had seen start in your system for 2 years. I fan of Dennis and think he is a great fit for a young developing team that is willing to give him the keys

ewing
02-24-2016, 09:28 AM
I'm glad to see the two guys that commented on this that are fellow 6er fans would like this move. It's the type of guy that we should be getting. Is giving him a max as well a risk? **** yea. But I rather give a 22 year old PG who's numbers have improved every year the max than a 28 year old PG who will be an overpaid shell of himself by the time we are competing.

I mean, sooner or later, this is the type of move we need to make. It was 3 blah players (Ish, Staus, Jakarr) who Atlanta lets walk at the end of the season, and hopefully a late-ish (Miami/OKC) pick. That would have been highway robbery at the rate Schroder is improving.

If we don't trade it this off season, I predict that this LAL is going to be the hottest trade asset next deadline.

he is under contract for 2 more years. you would be resigning a guy at 24 that you have seen in your system for 2 years. would have been a great move for Philly

warfelg
02-24-2016, 09:33 AM
he is under contract for 2 more years. you would be resigning a guy at 24 that you have seen in your system for 2 years. would have been a great move for Philly

The report was they would be loving to extending him ASAP. Either way, its the better route to go because you are locking up a guy entering his prime as this team is entering their prime. Give me that over a guy like Conley, who yea is good now, but will be 29 very early next season and 33 by the time a 4 year max finishes. Meaning he will be gone and we would be looking for a PG by the time we're ready to really be winning big time.

2-ONE-5
02-24-2016, 09:49 AM

we have OKC's first which is likely what it was. Would gladly give that up in this case with those players.

ewing
02-24-2016, 09:58 AM
The report was they would be loving to extending him ASAP. Either way, its the better route to go because you are locking up a guy entering his prime as this team is entering their prime. Give me that over a guy like Conley, who yea is good now, but will be 29 very early next season and 33 by the time a 4 year max finishes. Meaning he will be gone and we would be looking for a PG by the time we're ready to really be winning big time.

extending him ASAP seems a little foolish unless they could do it at a discount. As much as a love Dennis i wouldn't give him a max before seeing him play FT especially when i also have the option of seeing how he fits in Philly before doing anything. I agree he is definitely the type of guy the Sixers should be targeting though

Tony_Starks
02-24-2016, 10:41 AM
The pick the Sixers offered to the Hawks was one of the protected ones they have from the Los Angeles Lakers (top 3), Miami Heat (top 10) and Oklahoma City Thunder (top 15). – via Philadelphia Inquirer

Ish Smith AND Lakers pick for Schroder?

Speechless.

warfelg
02-24-2016, 10:45 AM
The pick the Sixers offered to the Hawks was one of the protected ones they have from the Los Angeles Lakers (top 3), Miami Heat (top 10) and Oklahoma City Thunder (top 15). – via Philadelphia Inquirer

Speechless.

Ish Smith is nothing meaningful. If it were the LAL pick I wouldn't be happy. But come on. To act like moving Ish would be losing some valuable part...

Alayla
02-24-2016, 10:48 AM
Ish Smith is nothing meaningful. If it were the LAL pick I wouldn't be happy. But come on. To act like moving Ish would be losing some valuable part...

pretty much this.

Tony_Starks
02-24-2016, 10:56 AM

Have you seen Ish play? He's a legit player, been the lone bright spot of their season. It's not like Schroder is vastly better if you compare the numbers.

Smith 11.7 3.5 6.5

Schroder. 11.2 2.9 4.7

Add to that the Lakers pick which could very well end up being #1?

Preposterous

warfelg
02-24-2016, 10:59 AM
Have you seen Ish play? He's a legit player, been the lone bright spot of their season. It's not like Schroder is vastly better if you compare the numbers.

Preposterous

Actually in advanced number Schröder blows away Ish. Mistake #1 in this post.

Lakers pick is protected top 3 this year and next year. Mistake #2.

Try again. We were rumored to trade a journeyman, trash, cut bait, and possibly a mid pick for a promising young PG who has done nothing but get better.

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 11:01 AM
What?

11.7 PPG on a terrible TS% on a team with 8 wins on the season. In what universe is that a legit player?

warfelg
02-24-2016, 11:07 AM
What?

11.7 PPG on a terrible TS% on a team with 8 wins on the season. In what universe is that a legit player?

None. Not a single one. It makes 0 sense to call Ish anything but a meh backup on a legit team.

2-ONE-5
02-24-2016, 11:10 AM

Speechless.

lol it wasnt the Lakers or our own pick. We have a smart FO.

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 11:10 AM
I seriously doubt either player cracks the rotation on a good team. I am completely baffled by some of the responses here.

76ers package has no value outside of the pick. This would have been a great trade for them. The draft is a total crap shoot this year.

Tony_Starks
02-24-2016, 11:12 AM
lol it wasnt the Lakers or our own pick. We have a smart FO.

Tell it to the Philly inquirer.

I don't make the news don't be mad at me...

Tony_Starks
02-24-2016, 11:15 AM
Actually in advanced number Schröder blows away Ish. Mistake #1 in this post.

Lakers pick is protected top 3 this year and next year. Mistake #2.

Try again. We were rumored to trade a journeyman, trash, cut bait, and possibly a mid pick for a promising young PG who has done nothing but get better.

1. Advanced stats? No thank you, never touched the stuff

2. You're right, it's top 3 protected....still a dumb move

warfelg
02-24-2016, 11:16 AM
I seriously doubt either player cracks the rotation on a good team. I am completely baffled by some of the responses here.

76ers package has no value outside of the pick. This would have been a great trade for them. The draft is a total crap shoot this year.

Would have been an absolute steal for us if it wasn't the LAL pick TBH. I think Schroder is poised to break out big time as soon as he's a lead guard.

Personally I think for ATL the deal was about finding a way to clear cap for this summer. It's not much space but enough if they wanted to do something like pair Horford and Dwight.

warfelg
02-24-2016, 11:20 AM

So not a glance at per36? Not a glance at per 100 poss? Plus/minus? Win shares? So how do you judge Ish at 27ppg to Schroder at about 20? Or the fact that Ish is a 40% shooter overall and Schroder is 43%?

Yea I don't even need to touch part two after your stupid response to part one. Have a nice day with your cluelessness.

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 11:23 AM

Pretty sure everyone here has identified you as being a novice basketball fan. Advanced, basic, wins, losses, there isn't a single thing that supports your argument of him being a legit player.

LeonFSU
02-24-2016, 11:23 AM

The source said one of those picks and you're just assuming its the best one...

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure he's even on planet earth right now.

PhillyFaninLA
02-24-2016, 11:30 AM

I think they listed everything that was offered in different deals...but we have our first (right to swap with the Kings), the lakers pick (top 3 protected), the Heat pick (top 10 protected), and the Thunder (I think top 14 protected). So it may have been the Thunders first.

I think that a deal was definitaily close, but if someone leaks it saying we talked about all these different thing, it can look bigger than it is...but I wouldn't have to much of an issue with Stastkaus and the Thunders first for a guy that could be a good PG for the next 10 years.

Tony_Starks
02-24-2016, 11:32 AM
So not a glance at per36? Not a glance at per 100 poss? Plus/minus? Win shares? So how do you judge Ish at 27ppg to Schroder at about 20? Or the fact that Ish is a 40% shooter overall and Schroder is 43%?

Yea I don't even need to touch part two after your stupid response to part one. Have a nice day with your cluelessness.

That's cool.

Insult me and get on your advanced stat high horse all you please, it was still a unwise potential move making a trade for what could best described as a marginal upgrade while squandering what could very well be a valuable pick.

But hey Philly has a master plan, good luck.

Alayla
02-24-2016, 11:39 AM

Smith 11.7 3.5 6.5

Schroder. 11.2 2.9 4.7

Preposterous

the Lakers pick wasn't added realistically speaking ATL would have taken that use common sense.
but have you ever heard of per 36 minutes stats? Schroder kills smith.

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 11:46 AM
We all need to stop entertaining this. To suggest that his comments are bizarre is an understatement.

warfelg
02-24-2016, 11:52 AM
the Lakers pick wasn't added realistically speaking ATL would have taken that use common sense.
but have you ever heard of per 36 minutes stats? Schroder kills smith.

Get off the advanced stats height horse!!!

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 11:59 AM
5PPG on 39% shooting!!! Never playing more than 14 Mpg on a net positive club.

That there is elite.

2-ONE-5
02-24-2016, 12:01 PM
dude just hates the Sixers. loves to go out of his way to do so as proven today

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 12:03 PM
He also claimed that Kobe was on his way to his most efficient season ever, and the lakers would be a playoff team. I recall tredigs offering him a bet that they would be a lotto team and he wouldn't take it.

Guy is hardly worth listening to and is one of the more active members.

mrblisterdundee
02-24-2016, 12:31 PM
Damn; at this point, Ish Smith for Dennis Schöder straight-up seems fair. Smith has taken the crappiest team in the NBA and made them half-watchable.

nycericanguy
02-24-2016, 12:31 PM

Smith 11.7 3.5 6.5

Schroder. 11.2 2.9 4.7

Preposterous

lol wow dude really? you're comparing them based off counting stats when one plays on a good team and the other plays on the worst team and goes nuts?

ISH Smith is going on 28 and is averaging 15points on 16 shots per game in PHI... that is awful... and he's shooting 26% from 3...that sounds alot like Toney Wroten the year before, the same Wroten PHI just cut... obviously on a bad team if you get 16 shots per game you are going to put up numbers.

Dennis is playing only 21mpg and putting up the similar numbers except he only takes 10 shots per game and his team actually wins and he's only 22.

what a silly way to compare players man...

PhillyFaninLA
02-24-2016, 12:48 PM
lol wow dude really? you're comparing them based off counting stats when one plays on a good team and the other plays on the worst team and goes nuts?

ISH Smith is going on 28 and is averaging 15points on 16 shots per game in PHI... that is awful... and he's shooting 26% from 3...that sounds alot like Toney Wroten the year before, the same Wroten PHI just cut... obviously on a bad team if you get 16 shots per game you are going to put up numbers.

Dennis is playing only 21mpg and putting up the similar numbers except he only takes 10 shots per game and his team actually wins and he's only 22.

what a silly way to compare players man...

Also a Lakers fan saying the Lakers pick that could go to the Hawks (which would not have been included) could be number one, but failing to take into a account that if the Lakers had a top 3 pick then the would keep the pick

Sly Guy
02-24-2016, 01:22 PM
I didn't realize how many picks they had. If they were trading their own pick, well that's but just plain stupid.

Alayla
02-24-2016, 03:34 PM
That's cool.

Insult me and get on your advanced stat high horse all you please, it was still a unwise potential move making a trade for what could best described as a marginal upgrade while squandering what could very well be a valuable pick.

xDDD
Some one gives Ish way to much credit.

Alayla
02-24-2016, 03:37 PM
Damn; at this point, Ish Smith for Dennis Schöder straight-up seems fair. Smith has taken the crappiest team in the NBA and made them half-watchable.

Please tell me thats sarcasm

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 03:48 PM
I was prepared to ask a similar question but why even bother.

Tony_Starks
02-24-2016, 03:59 PM
All I remember is Ish Smith ballin when he first got there, Philly getting a rare win, and Kenny and Charles going on and on about "did he not get the memo?.....he's about to get traded playing like this!"

How ironic!

2-ONE-5
02-24-2016, 04:02 PM
he was here last year, he had/has chemistry with some of the guys on the team especially Noel. We were running out a terrible point guard rotation before Ish.

SeoulBeatz
02-24-2016, 04:36 PM
The source said one of those picks and you're just assuming its the best one...

exactly.

if the sixers offered the laker's pick, schroeder would be in philly right now.

SeoulBeatz
02-24-2016, 04:39 PM
That's cool.

Freal man? Atlanta would have clearly run away with that deal if that were so. The fact that they rejected the deal makes it pretty obvious we were only offering our lower firsts.

SeoulBeatz
02-24-2016, 04:49 PM
he was here last year, he had/has chemistry with some of the guys on the team especially Noel. We were running out a terrible point guard rotation before Ish.

Yep.

Sixers pre-ish: 1-30
Sixers with ish: 7-18

Having a competent PG has made Noel and Jahlil look so much better, but with that said Schroeder>>>>Ish. Not even close.

Tony_Starks
02-24-2016, 04:54 PM
Freal man? Atlanta would have clearly run away with that deal if that were so. The fact that they rejected the deal makes it pretty obvious we were only offering our lower firsts.

Again I'm just quoting you guys paper man.

If they are wrong so be it but that's what was reported, they offered the Lakers pick...

2-ONE-5
02-24-2016, 05:13 PM
The Philadelphia 76ers offered Ish Smith, Nik Stauskas, an expiring contract and a 2016 first round pick to the Atlanta Hawks for Dennis Schroder.

Smith couldn't have been included in a multi-player deal since he had been acquired fewer than 60 days before the deadline, but he could have been moved in a second deal.

The Sixers and Hawks could revisit their trade talks in June.

please tell me where it says the LAL pick was offered. my lord.

TrueFan420
02-24-2016, 06:37 PM

The Sixers and Hawks could revisit their trade talks in June.

please tell me where it says the LAL pick was offered. my lord.

Dude if your asking for people to not only read but read comprehensively you're asking too much.

flea
02-24-2016, 07:02 PM
Hey I guess he's trying. Pay no attention to the fact that Hinkie's idea of 'trying' is making a hopeless lowball offer worthy of sportboy3636373 in a public Yahoo fantasy league. Executive of the year he now wants to win.

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 07:04 PM
^Calderon for Durant? You need assists.

More-Than-Most
02-24-2016, 08:19 PM
Hey I guess he's trying. Pay no attention to the fact that Hinkie's idea of 'trying' is making a hopeless lowball offer worthy of sportboy3636373 in a public Yahoo fantasy league. Executive of the year he now wants to win.

And this type of **** is what gets on sixers fans nerves and is flat out ****ing baiting.. Damned if you do damned if you dont... If the sixers tank they are burned at the steak... if they try to get better they are burned at the steak... Unless they someway somehow trade ish for Durant we are the worst organization of all time yada yada yada. It gets old man it really does

Alayla
02-24-2016, 08:35 PM
Again I'm just quoting you guys paper man.

If they are wrong so be it but that's what was reported, they offered the Lakers pick...

No where did it say that it said we offered A draft pick one of the ones aside from our own it didnt specify witch one you know that but your trying to be a troll.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-24-2016, 10:53 PM
Staukas has little value. That 1st is probably a late first.

PhillyFaninLA
02-25-2016, 06:59 AM
No where did it say that it said we offered A draft pick one of the ones aside from our own it didnt specify witch one you know that but your trying to be a troll.

Why go back and forth with him....he is a troll, a liar, and all things not purple and gold are evil and wrong....he is not worth it

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-25-2016, 08:46 AM
Hawks were greedy this deadline. Guess they wanted Giannis or Parker for Teague when Bucks wanted Teague. Then Hawks wanted high lottery pick. So if Monroe was dealt for Asik and a pick. That pick would of been flipped to Hawks. Then Bucks would of got Teague. But Pelicans didn't want to part with the lottery pick either.

2-ONE-5
02-25-2016, 09:42 AM
if the pick was for Miamis first its a good deal bcuz it looks like Bosh is out for the season and they could miss the playoffs still

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-25-2016, 10:31 AM
Still a weak draft. 2017 draft is where its at.