PDA

View Full Version : SFG Broadcaster: Sandoval has eating disorder

RedSoxtober
02-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Speaking on San Francisco’s KNBR 680 on Monday, Krukow sounded disappointed over Sandoval’s arrival and the criticism that accompanied it.

“It’s unfortunate,” Krukow told the station, according to CSN Bay Area. “We love the guy. He was amazing in our uniform and amazing for our city. There’s no more charismatic guy that I’ve ever met than this guy. You can’t help but love this guy.

“He’s just one of those people that you want to be around. And it’s unfortunate. I mean, he has an eating disorder. It’s plain and simple. He can’t control himself.”

Krukow worries that Sandoval is eating himself out of baseball.

“The sad part about it, is it may cut his career short,” Krukow said. “And it’s a career that we believed could be an All-Star career. And he was rewarded with a nice chunk of change with Boston. And they gave him a mulligan last year, but those mulligans are gone. And they’re going to make his life miserable.”weei.com

Not sure if I believe the accuracy of the statement. In our "therapeutic culture", it seems that everyone has a disorder to explain/absolve shortcomings. If it's a real thing, then I hope that they get him some help for his own good.

Vincent33
02-24-2016, 12:48 AM
Seems like that's something that should have been discussed more before signing him for $17-18M/yr until they can buy him out in 4yrs. There had to have been some language regarding his weight written in the contract right? If the guy truly does have this problem, BOS should have known about it or done more research with this guy.