PDA

View Full Version : 2/22-2/28 NBA GameThread

Pages : [1] 2

kdspurman
02-22-2016, 05:06 PM
Schedule here-

http://espn.go.com/nba/schedule

Sorry ya'll, little busy today.. Don't have a time to get it all prettied up. Will try and edit later on

Aust
02-22-2016, 07:53 PM
Bucks are going to get some revenge on us after we beat them right after they gave GS their 1st L

mngopher35
02-22-2016, 10:08 PM
Towns is having a great 1st, I think it's about 20/7 right now

zn23
02-22-2016, 10:35 PM
Wade is killing the Heat....

SensandRaps
02-22-2016, 10:52 PM
schroeder gets hawks back in the game so as a reward he gets subbed off

nastynice
02-22-2016, 11:04 PM
Boges!!! DPOY baby! lol

Wade n Fade
02-23-2016, 12:54 AM
The Cavs are the NBA equivalent of the LA Dodgers. All their "spending" got them nothing to show for tonight vs Detroit.

IKnowHoops
02-23-2016, 02:09 AM
The Cavs are the NBA equivalent of the LA Dodgers. All their "spending" got them nothing to show for tonight vs Detroit.

Well Love and Kyrie played great. This loss is on Lebron. He was 5-18 from the field. He does this once every couple of years.

kdspurman
02-23-2016, 09:38 AM
Well Love and Kyrie played great. This loss is on Lebron. He was 5-18 from the field. He does this once every couple of years.

:eyebrow:

Wade n Fade
02-23-2016, 02:23 PM

LeBron shot badly in the playoffs last year too. Especially the finals. 5-18 is his fault in part and then teammates too. If some folks don't roll into their sets properly, then he hoists bad shots to bail out the team. It's a team game. That's why the Dodgers reference is good because a lot of major names on both squads, but not a good chemistry fit.

JR Smith, TT, Kyrie, Love don't mesh well enough to beat the Warriors/Spurs 4 out of 7 times. I hate to do this to you, but the Miami squads w/ LeBron had guys that bought more into a team game. Let's see how Frye does though. When the Heat added Shane Battier, it changed how the small ball lineup worked because Battier was a high end defender who can slot in at the 4 and shoot from distance. Rather than letting LeBron be GM, the Cavs need to find the right fit to avoid losing too many games like they did last night. They dropped winnable games vs Detroit, Boston, Chicago, etc.

Vee-Rex
02-23-2016, 03:18 PM
LeBron shot badly in the playoffs last year too. Especially the finals. 5-18 is his fault in part and then teammates too. If some folks don't roll into their sets properly, then he hoists bad shots to bail out the team. It's a team game. That's why the Dodgers reference is good because a lot of major names on both squads, but not a good chemistry fit.

JR Smith, TT, Kyrie, Love don't mesh well enough to beat the Warriors/Spurs 4 out of 7 times. I hate to do this to you, but the Miami squads w/ LeBron had guys that bought more into a team game. Let's see how Frye does though. When the Heat added Shane Battier, it changed how the small ball lineup worked because Battier was a high end defender who can slot in at the 4 and shoot from distance. Rather than letting LeBron be GM, the Cavs need to find the right fit to avoid losing too many games like they did last night. They dropped winnable games vs Detroit, Boston, Chicago, etc.

The team is mentally fragile at times and our play reflects it. Sometimes they look like the 2nd best team in the league, other times they look much worse. However, the combination of Love/Irving/James have yet to play 82 games together. Continuity and consistency will be our best friends.

Coming off a B2B we still should've beat Detroit at home but we weren't there mentally on defense early on, and forced wayyy too many turnovers in the 1st half (we had like 13 vs. their 3). Boston got lucky (and we failed). And Chicago was right after our coaching change, when we were so mentally fragile we missed like 12 straight free throws and all sorts of stupid nonsense that game.

This is a championship caliber team that better hope GS somehow gets knocked off before reaching the finals, with a **** ton of potential that they're struggling to reach. It'll take time, though.

Wade n Fade
02-23-2016, 08:46 PM
The team is mentally fragile at times and our play reflects it. Sometimes they look like the 2nd best team in the league, other times they look much worse. However, the combination of Love/Irving/James have yet to play 82 games together. Continuity and consistency will be our best friends.

Coming off a B2B we still should've beat Detroit at home but we weren't there mentally on defense early on, and forced wayyy too many turnovers in the 1st half (we had like 13 vs. their 3). Boston got lucky (and we failed). And Chicago was right after our coaching change, when we were so mentally fragile we missed like 12 straight free throws and all sorts of stupid nonsense that game.

This is a championship caliber team that better hope GS somehow gets knocked off before reaching the finals, with a **** ton of potential that they're struggling to reach. It'll take time, though.

That lack of mental fortitude is something that shouldn't exist. Being a championship contender but struggling to beat teams like the Warriors and Spurs consistently is what will cost the Cavs a chance for greatness. Furthermore, GM LeBron needs to give up the reigns. It's not the same as the 2012 Miami squad though. Too many egos that don't want to buy into a good team mantra. Like I said, hate to bring it up because it's an overdrawn comparison that is inevitable, but different people knowing their roles and how to play them well is the difference.

Vee-Rex
02-24-2016, 01:20 PM
That lack of mental fortitude is something that shouldn't exist. Being a championship contender but struggling to beat teams like the Warriors and Spurs consistently is what will cost the Cavs a chance for greatness. Furthermore, GM LeBron needs to give up the reigns. It's not the same as the 2012 Miami squad though. Too many egos that don't want to buy into a good team mantra. Like I said, hate to bring it up because it's an overdrawn comparison that is inevitable, but different people knowing their roles and how to play them well is the difference.

Personally I think you're exaggerating/overreacting a bit. There's plenty of season left to improve, but even with that said...

I think the Cavs legitimately have a decent shot against the Spurs, but the Warriors are on a legendary/record-breaking level. Is it shameful to be considered an underdog vs. the Warriors? Name one team that can consistently beat these Warriors.

You keep referencing the 2012 Heat as if they were gods... they'd get annihilated by these Warriors. Dudes are comparing these Warriors to the '96 Bulls (and have legit arguments that they'd beat those legendary Bulls) so I'm hoping you don't think the 2012 Heat would have a chance.

Are the Cavs where we WANT to be? No. But outside the gargantuan, mega-powerful, record-setting, ****-in-your-face Spurs/Warriors I don't think any team will beat us in a 7-game series.

If the Dubs play in the playoffs like they are playing in the regular season I wouldn't even be upset at the Cavs if they lose to them in the finals. Frustrated? Sure. Sad? Sure.

SteBO
02-24-2016, 05:32 PM
Personally I think you're exaggerating/overreacting a bit. There's plenty of season left to improve, but even with that said...

I think the Cavs legitimately have a decent shot against the Spurs, but the Warriors are on a legendary/record-breaking level. Is it shameful to be considered an underdog vs. the Warriors? Name one team that can consistently beat these Warriors.

You keep referencing the 2012 Heat as if they were gods... they'd get annihilated by these Warriors. Dudes are comparing these Warriors to the '96 Bulls (and have legit arguments that they'd beat those legendary Bulls) so I'm hoping you don't think the 2012 Heat would have a chance.

Are the Cavs where we WANT to be? No. But outside the gargantuan, mega-powerful, record-setting, ****-in-your-face Spurs/Warriors I don't think any team will beat us in a 7-game series.

If the Dubs play in the playoffs like they are playing in the regular season I wouldn't even be upset at the Cavs if they lose to them in the finals. Frustrated? Sure. Sad? Sure.
The 2012 HEAT isn't a good comparison.....this Warriors would whip them in 5-6 games. The much better comparison is the 2013 HEAT, the team that won 27 straight. I'd even have my doubts about that match up personally, given the Warriors have taken what the HEAT did to an extreme.

In any case, the Cavs are only gonna be judged by what they do in the postseason, not now. Those Miami teams had quite a few stupid losses during the regular season, too. They also had like a 2-12 record combined against the top 3 teams in the East entering the 2011 postseason, and they ended beating the Celtics and Bulls in 5 games. Then the Finals happened (still irritates me when the thought comes up). It's why when people try to downplay the Spurs now because they lack some wins against the top teams in their conference, I just laugh. Fans just continue revel in the same stupidity and never learn.

zn23
02-24-2016, 09:02 PM
Whiteside is killing the Warriors right now.

bgdreton
02-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Whiteside is killing the Warriors right now.
Yes he is... I want to see his face if they still end up losing

J_M_B
02-24-2016, 10:40 PM
Warriors-Heat been a hell of a game

bgdreton
02-24-2016, 10:48 PM
How many fake fouls are they going to give wade geez

bgdreton
02-24-2016, 11:00 PM
Curry is sooooo clutch..

Dade County
02-24-2016, 11:11 PM
Cool game GS vs HEAT

its the NBA, what do you expect? Do you bring this up every game?

Just enjoy chef Curry cooking.

BKLYNpigeon
02-24-2016, 11:19 PM
I like how the refs ket that Warriors - Heat game close. Vegas always Wins.

J_M_B
02-24-2016, 11:23 PM

How many illegal screens did Bogut and Green get away with?

Works both ways dude

bgdreton
02-24-2016, 11:30 PM
Cool game GS vs HEAT

its the NBA, what do you expect? Do you bring this up every game?

Just enjoy chef Curry cooking.

No I don't but there are certain players who get those types of calls. It's just annoying when Curry gets grabbed and pulled around screens and gets no calls that's all. The heat are a handful tho if they get that type of production consistently.

bgdreton
02-24-2016, 11:34 PM

How many illegal screens did Bogut and Green get away with?

Works both ways dude

Maybe so on Bogut but not on green. Either way it's nothing compared to how often Curry is held or pulled.

bgdreton
02-24-2016, 11:35 PM
Funny thing is Bogut didn't get away with much since he fouled out lol

Scoots
02-24-2016, 11:36 PM
The Warriors just win. All but 2 players have bad games, the PG has 7 turnovers, the Heat play a great game and in the last few minutes ... Warriors win.

It's mystifying.

Scoots
02-24-2016, 11:39 PM
As far as getting away with stuff is concerned ... how does Chris Paul not foul out more often with all the grabbing he does?

Everybody does some grabbing, moving on screens, etc ... but CP3 just clamps guys down sometimes and it's not called as much as it could be. Of course Clippers fans, like CP3 himself, think the fouls are called too often.

Bill Simmons has Clippers season tickets and he was amazed at what CP3 gets away with.

BKLYNpigeon
02-24-2016, 11:44 PM
As far as getting away with stuff is concerned ... how does Chris Paul not foul out more often with all the grabbing he does?

Everybody does some grabbing, moving on screens, etc ... but CP3 just clamps guys down sometimes and it's not called as much as it could be. Of course Clippers fans, like CP3 himself, think the fouls are called too often.

Bill Simmons has Clippers season tickets and he was amazed at what CP3 gets away with.

Bill Simmons always mentions that in his podcasts.

likemystylez
02-24-2016, 11:44 PM
The Warriors just win. All but 2 players have bad games, the PG has 7 turnovers, the Heat play a great game and in the last few minutes ... Warriors win.

It's mystifying.

its not mystifying- the talent is really really really high. its basically like a pro team playing against a bunch of jr high girls. The pro team doesnt have to bring their A game.

but what that shows you is when they lose by 30 to a team like the blazers or get it handed to them by the bucks- it shows a complete lack of effort. because it doesnt take a perfect game.

BTW- the heat played about as well as they possibly could tonight. the game they played tonight - i think they win a series against clevland playing at that level for a 7 game series

lol, please
02-24-2016, 11:45 PM
If there was any doubt before today, it's gone now: Curry > Kobe > Lebron

lol, please
02-24-2016, 11:46 PM
its not mystifying- the talent is really really really high. its basically like a pro team playing against a bunch of jr high girls. The pro team doesnt have to bring their A game.

but what that shows you is when they lose by 30 to a team like the blazers or get it handed to them by the bucks- it shows a complete lack of effort. because it doesnt take a perfect game.

BTW- the heat played about as well as they possibly could tonight. the game they played tonight - i think they win a series against clevland playing at that level for a 7 game series
Well said. Nothing surprising about it at this point. Games shouldn't ever be that close honestly.

likemystylez
02-24-2016, 11:49 PM
If there was any doubt before today, it's gone now: Curry > Kobe > Lebron

lebron is better than kobe

BKLYNpigeon
02-25-2016, 12:09 AM
lebron is better than kobe

But are they better then the 95-96 Bulls?

lol.

Scoots
02-25-2016, 12:42 AM

But they don't seem to have a plan and things go wrong and plays are blown and then suddenly they pull away in the last minutes. It's not just talent, it's magic or something :)

When they lose they seem to lose big and they are just bad most of the game.

I've figured out how to beat the Warriors ... they are 1-3 when held under 100 points. Slow the pace of the game and the Warriors lose 75% of the time :)

kdspurman
02-25-2016, 01:15 AM
I'll never get why players get so excited if they or their teammates score with their off hand. This is the NBA, that shouldn't be something that's a celebratory occurrence lol

TrueFan420
02-25-2016, 01:43 AM
I'll never get why players get so excited if they or their teammates score with their off hand. This is the NBA, that shouldn't be something that's a celebratory occurrence lol

I'm sure you're making reference to something I haven't seen tonight. Yes a dunk or lay up or finish around the rim with an off hand is meh. But pulling up on a J with your off hand is rare.

kdspurman
02-25-2016, 01:52 AM
I'm sure you're making reference to something I haven't seen tonight. Yes a dunk or lay up or finish around the rim with an off hand is meh. But pulling up on a J with your off hand is rare.

Ha, that's different.. that's Rasheed Wallace type stuff shooting 3's left handed. But it's when right handed guys make a left handed finish around the rim I see it most.

TrueFan420
02-25-2016, 01:59 AM
Ha, that's different.. that's Rasheed Wallace type stuff shooting 3's left handed. But it's when right handed guys make a left handed finish around the rim I see it most.

Eh it's the modern athlete. They need to celebrate everything like its earth shattering. Hell even refs are throwing a little something something extra out there when they make calls. Miss when athletes use to act like they've been there before, if you know what I mean.

CHANGO
02-25-2016, 04:42 AM

How many moving screens is Green doing per game? GEEZ!

CHANGO
02-25-2016, 04:47 AM

It's mystifying.

The HEAT almost won. All but 3 players had a bad game. Playing without their star PF Bosh and without our backup PG (Udrih), Dragon shooting awful (5-17), the Splash bro's going nutz in the last minutes... And Warriors almost lost.

It's impressive.

MonroeFAN
02-25-2016, 05:59 AM

Gordon's oop finish from the other night?

Vee-Rex
02-25-2016, 12:47 PM
I'm gonna make a certain kind of comment that I never do in an online sports forum. No one will EVER be able to point out a ref complaint from me about the Cavs or any other team. But the amount of illegal screens the Warriors got away with last night was atrocious.

I'd be pissed if I was a Heat fan. Draymond and Bogut set illegal screen after illegal screen after illegal screen. It became so blatant that they wouldn't even stand still at all but were basically blocking like they were offensive linemen in the NFL. It's bad enough when it happens throughout the game, but the critical ones at the end were pretty disgusting.

They got called for one late in the 4th, but I'd take those odds as well if I get away with 4 or 5 for every one I get called for. And even after they got called for it, they kept on doing it, and Curry knocked down some big 3's off of 'em.

I watched a **** ton of KG (him being my fav player ever) and I don't think he consistently got away with it like that.

kdspurman
02-25-2016, 02:17 PM
Eh it's the modern athlete. They need to celebrate everything like its earth shattering. Hell even refs are throwing a little something something extra out there when they make calls. Miss when athletes use to act like they've been there before, if you know what I mean.

Yea I agree. It's just a different time I guess lol

Gordon's oop finish from the other night?

Nah, I actually didn't see that. I saw someone on the kings do it and the bench get all excited, but I see guys do it a lot. It's just funny to me. Shaq used to do it too now that I think of it

TrueFan420
02-25-2016, 03:48 PM
I watched a **** ton of KG (him being my fav player ever) and I don't think he consistently got away with it like that.

He did. It's one of those things the modern NBA doesn't enforce well. They had a year or two where they really cracked down on it but they don't call it much anymore. Warriors are the not the only team that takes advantage of it but it certainly helps them a lot when Curry and Klay just need half an inch.

SteBO
02-25-2016, 04:01 PM
I'm gonna make a certain kind of comment that I never do in an online sports forum. No one will EVER be able to point out a ref complaint from me about the Cavs or any other team. But the amount of illegal screens the Warriors got away with last night was atrocious.

I'd be pissed if I was a Heat fan. Draymond and Bogut set illegal screen after illegal screen after illegal screen. It became so blatant that they wouldn't even stand still at all but were basically blocking like they were offensive linemen in the NFL. It's bad enough when it happens throughout the game, but the critical ones at the end were pretty disgusting.

They got called for one late in the 4th, but I'd take those odds as well if I get away with 4 or 5 for every one I get called for. And even after they got called for it, they kept on doing it, and Curry knocked down some big 3's off of 'em.

Yeah the Warriors are great enough without help from the zebras....but I figured something like that would happen the moment I saw Tony Brothers was the lead official. He's the worst. But anyway, illegal screens and all, Curry and Thompson still had to hit the shots and they did. Miami played about as well as they could considering no Bosh, Tyler Johnson, and a backup PG so I can't complain much. Steph and Klay are just unfair cheat codes.

jason
02-25-2016, 04:42 PM

I read something on twitter that I thought was interesting last night about the illegal screen. He said he thinks the reason Green was getting away with it a lot was maybe because he moves backwards away from the basket instead of forward but I'm not sure though

CHANGO
02-25-2016, 05:15 PM

Obviously I'm a HEAT fan and I'm going to agree with this, but they do it always, not only on last game.

KG obviously was the king of moving screens, but there is a difference with the Garnett screens and the Draymond ones, Garnett maybe would slide a little to the side and give the defender a bump, Draymond is WALKING while setting a ****ing screen, it's amazing, he just walks taking the defender with him like nothing. In the last 2 minutes of last night's game he did 3 moving screens 2 of them were blatant moving screens, the other was more normal, but 2 of those resulted on 6 points for Curry and the Warriors.

Slug3
02-25-2016, 06:05 PM
I read something on twitter that I thought was interesting last night about the illegal screen. He said he thinks the reason Green was getting away with it a lot was maybe because he moves backwards away from the basket instead of forward but I'm not sure though

That still makes it an illegal screen no matter what way he rolls. But really, the refs don't call it that much, I honestly don't see why more teams don't take advantage of it.

Scoots
02-25-2016, 08:29 PM
By the letter of the law most screens are illegal and most of the time when a defender fights over the top of a screen they are fouling the screener or the ball-handler. There is a lot of contact and movement there and it's not called very often either way.

Some players are better at getting away with more than others. Paul Pierce and CP3 are masters at grabbing the ball-handler

Scoots
02-25-2016, 08:39 PM
I though the Magic was a possible loss for the Warriors. Looks like Curry came out to play.

Andy is supposedly already fitting in well. I hope he can stay healthy.

5ass
02-25-2016, 09:15 PM
By the letter of the law most screens are illegal and most of the time when a defender fights over the top of a screen they are fouling the screener or the ball-handler. There is a lot of contact and movement there and it's not called very often either way.

Some players are better at getting away with more than others. Paul Pierce and CP3 are masters at grabbing the ball-handler

Come on you have to admit Bogut and Green get away with a lot of moving screens (i.e not stationary when contact is being made with the defender). That's merely a loose interpretation of moving screens... some refs are much stricter than others.

Anyway. Magic have the same focus and energy they did to start the season. This is the longest stretch of good basketball we've had in a while. Usually they only do this for short stretches. Warriors obviously not all there. Bench playing well. Some of the starters are, some aren't. Probably tired from back to back. Still a half to go.

Scoots
02-25-2016, 09:43 PM
Come on you have to admit Bogut and Green get away with a lot of moving screens (i.e not stationary when contact is being made with the defender). That's merely a loose interpretation of moving screens... some refs are much stricter than others.

Anyway. Magic have the same focus and energy they did to start the season. This is the longest stretch of good basketball we've had in a while. Usually they only do this for short stretches. Warriors obviously not all there. Bench playing well. Some of the starters are, some aren't. Probably tired from back to back. Still a half to go.

I never came close to saying Green and Bogut don't set illegal screens. It's just that I see illegal moving screens all the time these days. And traveling. And push-offs. And it seems most don't get called.

5ass
02-25-2016, 09:47 PM
Will step go for 200 points? Lol

5ass
02-25-2016, 09:48 PM
I never came close to saying Green and Bogut don't set illegal screens. It's just that I see illegal moving screens all the time these days. And traveling. And push-offs. And it seems most don't get called.

True, but the warriors do it so often they get away with it the most.

DanG
02-25-2016, 09:50 PM
46-6-8 in 3 qtrs

Scoots
02-25-2016, 09:54 PM
True, but the warriors do it so often they get away with it the most.
I wonder if there is a metric available for total number of screens but i wouldn't be surprised if the warriors lead the league in total screens.

Scoots
02-25-2016, 09:55 PM
46-6-8 in 3 qtrs
And a close game so he'll play.

basch152
02-25-2016, 10:15 PM
Lol, westbrook just got a foul and he literally didn't even get touched.

God i love how awful nba refs are.

Scoots
02-25-2016, 10:15 PM
Ethan strauss tweeted that steph is shooting 36% from 39ft+... Better than an undefended drummond can do standing still 15ft from the hoop.

Scoots
02-25-2016, 10:17 PM
51 pts in 27 shots. Steph is slipping.

momoneyyyy
02-25-2016, 10:24 PM
curry from 28 to 50 ft is 35-52 this season, better efficiency than making 100%s of your 2s. Just saw this stat on twitter from Ethan Strauss

jason
02-25-2016, 10:50 PM
That still makes it an illegal screen no matter what way he rolls. But really, the refs don't call it that much, I honestly don't see why more teams don't take advantage of it.

Never said it wasn't illegal. Just that it might the reason he gets away with it

jason
02-25-2016, 10:53 PM
curry from 28 to 50 ft is 35-52 this season, better efficiency than making 100%s of your 2s. Just saw this stat on twitter from Ethan Strauss

Wow just a crazy season for Curry

Blink
02-25-2016, 11:09 PM
Ethan strauss tweeted that steph is shooting 36% from 39ft+... Better than an undefended drummond can do standing still 15ft from the hoop.

Hahahaha so true and I'm a Detroit fan.

basch152
02-26-2016, 12:00 AM
Curry will likely break his single season 3pt record with 20 or so games left to play...

Scoots
02-26-2016, 12:04 AM
50pts with 10 3s has been done 7 times. 4 are by curry.

Curry in the last 2 years has 50 more 3s than Gordon Hayward has in his career, and he's a good shooter.

sf-fanatic
02-26-2016, 04:11 AM
Did the nba issue a statement that they missed 3 calls that would have gone against the Heat in the last 2 minutes of the Warriors vs Heat game ? Wow Lol

Htownballa1622
02-26-2016, 11:50 AM
OMG GUYZZZZ! Damien Lillard dropped 46/5/8 after being down 21 at one point to the Rockets! His team closed on a 44-16 run! He's so awesome!!! "They sleep."

This would be a typical comment here or front headline on ESPN/TNT if this happened.

Harden does this and Rockets win, not a sound.

Scoots
02-26-2016, 11:56 AM
OMG GUYZZZZ! Damien Lillard dropped 46/5/8 after being down 21 at one point to the Rockets! His team closed on a 44-16 run! He's so awesome!!! "They sleep."

This would be a typical comment here or front headline on ESPN/TNT if this happened.

Harden does this and Rockets win, not a sound.

I think part of it is that Lillard is going up and Harden is going down. Last year there was a lot of that about Harden ... this year not so much.

At least the Rockets are back in the playoffs picture for the moment.

Htownballa1622
02-26-2016, 12:08 PM
I think part of it is that Lillard is going up and Harden is going down. Last year there was a lot of that about Harden ... this year not so much.

At least the Rockets are back in the playoffs picture for the moment.

No doubt last year Harden deserves praise while this year's team certainly doesn't.

I'm just pointing out that media has darlings (dame) while they have people they hate (harden)

It's annoying but it happens. Yeah I hope we get up to 6 if not I'd rather not make playoffs. lol.

Scoots
02-26-2016, 01:31 PM
No doubt last year Harden deserves praise while this year's team certainly doesn't.

I'm just pointing out that media has darlings (dame) while they have people they hate (harden)

It's annoying but it happens. Yeah I hope we get up to 6 if not I'd rather not make playoffs. lol.

I don't know that it's hate, but Harden's ugly offensive game never got him too many fans, add to that this years regression on D and increased on/off court bickering and Kardashianing ... he's set himself up for the fall.

jason
02-26-2016, 02:32 PM
I don't know that it's hate, but Harden's ugly offensive game never got him too many fans, add to that this years regression on D and increased on/off court bickering and Kardashianing ... he's set himself up for the fall.
His obvious flops don't help either. Not that he does it a lot anymore but when he does they're usually pretty bad

Vee-Rex
02-26-2016, 03:24 PM

Yeah, nothing against the Rockets or their fans... I'm just not a fan of Harden's game (I have nothing against Harden himself).

That adidas commercial featuring him was pretty damn awesome, though. Made me like him more lol.

Chronz
02-26-2016, 03:29 PM
Did the nba issue a statement that they missed 3 calls that would have gone against the Heat in the last 2 minutes of the Warriors vs Heat game ? Wow Lol

Such BS that they didn't recognize those blatant illegal screens by DG

5ass
02-26-2016, 03:49 PM
I wonder if there is a metric available for total number of screens but i wouldn't be surprised if the warriors lead the league in total screens.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lead the league in % of screens being moving. Now Varajoa is joining in on the fun as well. Lol

Scoots
02-26-2016, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they lead the league in % of screens being moving. Now Varajoa is joining in on the fun as well. Lol

Totally unrelated, but I heard that AG's dunk in your sig would have had him finishing with a bronze in the olympics high jump. Amazing.

CHANGO
02-26-2016, 04:44 PM
I don't hate the Rockets, or Harden, or Howard, or the fans (actually the Rocket posters are pretty good). I do hate Harden's game, aside from his offensive game, is his defense (if we can call it like that) what irritates me. I couldn't watch the second half of last night game, but on the halftime report I remember the crew from TNT reviewing some plays where the Blazers scored easily and saying "it just finding the open man, moving the ball, and I don't know what are the Rockets doing".

They showed 3 plays, the 3 plays involved Harden and on the 3 plays a Blazers player was wide open for a) a dunk, b) a three pointer, c) a layup. All of the three plays were Harden's fault leaving his man wide open. The final result? SEVEN easily scored POINTS for the Blazers.

At this time I don't know if I can call Harden the best SG in the league. I really don't. His defense is a big negative, not just in terms of numbers, also in terms of team morale, you can see Ariza for example frustrated everytime Harden leaves a man wide open. Ariza is a great defender, this season the Rockets small forward position is one of the worst in terms of allowing points. He just ****s up the entire team defense.

EDIT: I also remember watching the last Rockets-Magic game where on the 3rd quarter in less than 3 or 2 minutes I think, Harden made 2 incredible plays playing defense. Here's the video.

https://twitter.com/i/cards/tfw/v1/679841145619263488?cardname=__entity_video&amp

CHANGO
02-26-2016, 04:54 PM
Actually was less than 1 minute and 4 easy points allowed. HE IS THAT BAD ON D.

Chronz
02-26-2016, 05:08 PM
I don't hate the Rockets, or Harden, or Howard, or the fans (actually the Rocket posters are pretty good). I do hate Harden's game, aside from his offensive game, is his defense (if we can call it like that) what irritates me. I couldn't watch the second half of last night game, but on the halftime report I remember the crew from TNT reviewing some plays where the Blazers scored easily and saying "it just finding the open man, moving the ball, and I don't know what are the Rockets doing".

They showed 3 plays, the 3 plays involved Harden and on the 3 plays a Blazers player was wide open for a) a dunk, b) a three pointer, c) a layup. All of the three plays were Harden's fault leaving his man wide open. The final result? SEVEN easily scored POINTS for the Blazers.

At this time I don't know if I can call Harden the best SG in the league. I really don't. His defense is a big negative, not just in terms of numbers, also in terms of team morale, you can see Ariza for example frustrated everytime Harden leaves a man wide open. Ariza is a great defender, this season the Rockets small forward position is one of the worst in terms of allowing points. He just ****s up the entire team defense.

EDIT: I also remember watching the last Rockets-Magic game where on the 3rd quarter in less than 3 or 2 minutes I think, Harden made 2 incredible plays playing defense. Here's the video.

https://twitter.com/i/cards/tfw/v1/679841145619263488?cardname=__entity_video&

Thanks for the link. Jesus christ thats awful. The SG position has never looked so awful and it used to be the glamour position.

Chronz
02-26-2016, 05:13 PM
Obviously I'm a HEAT fan and I'm going to agree with this, but they do it always, not only on last game.

KG obviously was the king of moving screens, but there is a difference with the Garnett screens and the Draymond ones, Garnett maybe would slide a little to the side and give the defender a bump, Draymond is WALKING while setting a ****ing screen, it's amazing, he just walks taking the defender with him like nothing. In the last 2 minutes of last night's game he did 3 moving screens 2 of them were blatant moving screens, the other was more normal, but 2 of those resulted on 6 points for Curry and the Warriors.

They'll call it more in the playoffs and the players will adjust but yeah, last nights game was the most erroneously reffed game I've seen all year, they really screwed Miami.

Fun fact, KG wasn't like that in Minny. He actually learned that illegal screens were the least called fouls in the NBA from Thibs. Thibs learned that from the supercomputers down in Houston.

Chronz
02-26-2016, 05:16 PM

I used to love when Shaq would run back on defense holding staring and raising his left hand like it was made of gold.

Scoots
02-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Harden is an elite scorer ... there can be no question of that. But even at his PPP when his man is getting a layup at the other end so often his defense more than negates his offense.

He's not always that bad, but his bad stretches are longer than they have ever been it seems and the good stretches are measured in a few minutes.

It's interesting to me at least to compare Curry and Harden last year:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2015&p1=hardeja01&y2=2015&p2=curryst01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

They were VERY close with Curry having a slight edge in some areas and Harden having an edge in some.

Then this year:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2016&p1=hardeja01&y2=2016&p2=curryst01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Harden is very similar in a lot of stats to what he was ... but the results are much much worse.

CHANGO
02-26-2016, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the link. Jesus christ thats awful. The SG position has never looked so awful and it used to be the glamour position.

I really think I'm prepared to call Butler the best SG on the league, I really think that. I just can't accept that type of non-commitment on defense.

And yeah, SG position is really weak, you have a great offensive player but bad on D, and two good 2 way players. Then one star on decline (Wade), one washed up (Kobe). Middleton and McCollum are the ones developing.

CHANGO
02-26-2016, 05:38 PM
BTW, to those who couldn't watch the moving screens here's the video.

https://twitter.com/i/cards/tfw/v1/702709701339848704?cardname=__entity_video&amp

The one in the middle was meh, the first and last were awful. All that with 1:13 to go on the 4th quarter of a close game.

5ass
02-26-2016, 05:39 PM
Totally unrelated, but I heard that AG's dunk in your sig would have had him finishing with a bronze in the olympics high jump. Amazing.

Yeah he probably pushed off a little bit for that extra inch, but still amazing for a guy with his size and strength. I'm excited about this kid. Had a good game yesterday.

CHANGO
02-26-2016, 05:39 PM
They'll call it more in the playoffs and the players will adjust but yeah, last nights game was the most erroneously reffed game I've seen all year, they really screwed Miami.

Fun fact, KG wasn't like that in Minny. He actually learned that illegal screens were the least called fouls in the NBA from Thibs. Thibs learned that from the supercomputers down in Houston.

I honestly hope they call it more. That can really screw some teams.

kdspurman
02-26-2016, 08:48 PM
I used to love when Shaq would run back on defense holding staring and raising his left hand like it was made of gold.

Yea haha. He was notorious for doing it. He didn't use his left much at all, so it was a big deal for him

zn23
02-26-2016, 10:47 PM
Derozan is 0-10, thanks for showing up!

kdspurman
02-26-2016, 11:02 PM
Wow, big shot by Lowry. They're getting closer to the #1 seed

SensandRaps
02-26-2016, 11:07 PM
big win by the raps

holy **** lowry

zn23
02-26-2016, 11:08 PM
Kyle Lowry put the team on his back and delivered big time.

4th best PG in the league.

Cal827
02-26-2016, 11:13 PM
And to think that Irving almost got the All-Star Starting Spot over Lowry this season... :laugh2:

aman_13
02-26-2016, 11:18 PM
Derozan is 0-10, thanks for showing up!

He was sick.

lakerfan85
02-26-2016, 11:19 PM
Big win for the Raps.. I was watching on league pass and had to listen to the Cavs awful announcers..

zn23
02-26-2016, 11:47 PM
Big win for the Raps.. I was watching on league pass and had to listen to the Cavs awful announcers..

Worst broadcast team I've ever heard in my life. It gets to the point where i have to look for a Spanish stream. That color commentator is incredibly annoying.

mngopher35
02-27-2016, 12:52 AM
Dang I missed the game tonight. I'm curious if Lowry did most of his damage against kyrie?

zn23
02-27-2016, 12:55 AM
Dang I missed the game tonight. I'm curious if Lowry did most of his damage against kyrie?

He sure did. Irving was getting abused so badly that Lue had to go with Delly for the majority of the 4th.

CHANGO
02-27-2016, 01:07 AM
IMO putting Delly and Kyrie together killed the Cavs. I know Delly is a better defender, either way Lowry was abusing him. Other thing I didn't understand was using Delly as the primary ball handler when you have Kyrie Irving and Lebron James on the court... Not smart.

Great play by Lowry, Raps closer to the Cavs now.

CHANGO
02-27-2016, 01:18 AM
I can't get more Lakers on National TV. Lakers games all over the place, NBATV, ESPN, TNT, SMH...

mngopher35
02-27-2016, 01:19 AM
He sure did. Irving was getting abused so badly that Lue had to go with Delly for the majority of the 4th.

Interesting. Cavs will really need Kyrie to step it up defensively come post-season. They already have Love and while Lebron is better on that end this year he certainly isn't at his top level anymore. With the possibilities of seeing Lowry again and Curry in the finals he will likely have his hands full in some big match ups later this year.

Aust
02-27-2016, 02:10 AM
I can't get more Lakers on National TV. Lakers games all over the place, NBATV, ESPN, TNT, SMH...

And the team is unwatchable.

CHANGO
02-27-2016, 04:01 AM
And the team is unwatchable.

LMAO that's why I said it, it's just embarrassing to see blowout after blowout on National TV.

CHANGO
02-27-2016, 04:02 AM
BTW... ICYMI CP3 is a BAD, BAD, MAN!

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/070333A9BF1315217090890055680_5de139b4846.5.0.9261 441733440500520.mp4?versionId=6UqDbuw_W8pe7emgz47F KmTWBdtgyX9r

Scoots
02-27-2016, 01:39 PM
Yeah he probably pushed off a little bit for that extra inch, but still amazing for a guy with his size and strength. I'm excited about this kid. Had a good game yesterday.

He's from my hometown. Have been watching him grow for years.

Scoots
02-27-2016, 01:43 PM
I really think I'm prepared to call Butler the best SG on the league, I really think that. I just can't accept that type of non-commitment on defense.

And yeah, SG position is really weak, you have a great offensive player but bad on D, and two good 2 way players. Then one star on decline (Wade), one washed up (Kobe). Middleton and McCollum are the ones developing.

Beal, Oladipo, DeRozan, Wiggins, Hood, Cauldwell-Pope ... there is a lot of young talent at the position ... they just haven't separated yet.

CHANGO
02-27-2016, 03:10 PM
Beal, Oladipo, DeRozan, Wiggins, Hood, Cauldwell-Pope ... there is a lot of young talent at the position ... they just haven't separated yet.

Totally forgot DeRozan and Oladipo, my bad. Beal is good but injuries are killing him, hopefully he can get healthy soon. I consider Wiggins a SF IDK. Hood is coming out of nowhere and developing. Caldwell-Pope the same as Middleton and McCollum.

But honestly I can't see anyone of those players being the superstars we need on the SG position. The Harden's, Paul George's (when he was a SG LOL), Wade's, etc... DeRozan is the closest thing right now.

Scoots
02-27-2016, 03:17 PM
Totally forgot DeRozan and Oladipo, my bad. Beal is good but injuries are killing him, hopefully he can get healthy soon. I consider Wiggins a SF IDK. Hood is coming out of nowhere and developing. Caldwell-Pope the same as Middleton and McCollum.

But honestly I can't see anyone of those players being the superstars we need on the SG position. The Harden's, Paul George's (when he was a SG LOL), Wade's, etc... DeRozan is the closest thing right now.

Wiggins considers himself a SG. He's an inch taller and 10 pounds lighter than Klay Thompson, it's not like he's too big to play SG.

Beal does have to stay healthy to move up to the next tier, but when healthy he's almost there.

None of them are superstars ... but Wade was the last real SG superstar we've had come in. The position is down like the PG position is up. Maybe the SG position is losing players to football :)

CHANGO
02-27-2016, 04:27 PM
Wiggins considers himself a SG. He's an inch taller and 10 pounds lighter than Klay Thompson, it's not like he's too big to play SG.

Beal does have to stay healthy to move up to the next tier, but when healthy he's almost there.

None of them are superstars ... but Wade was the last real SG superstar we've had come in. The position is down like the PG position is up. Maybe the SG position is losing players to football :)

Well, IDK about that, he was playing the SF position and defends the opposing SF. But anyways, if we consider him as a SG he's the most promising of all the SG's.

LMAO, yeah, SG has been bad for a couple of seasons. But still is better than SF, SF is top heavy with Lebron, Durant, PG, Leonard, Melo etc... but then falls off big to the Gallo, Batum tier.

Scoots
02-27-2016, 05:09 PM
Well, IDK about that, he was playing the SF position and defends the opposing SF. But anyways, if we consider him as a SG he's the most promising of all the SG's.

LMAO, yeah, SG has been bad for a couple of seasons. But still is better than SF, SF is top heavy with Lebron, Durant, PG, Leonard, Melo etc... but then falls off big to the Gallo, Batum tier.

He's playing SF because they don't really have anyone else to play sf. They were looking to move Rubio to move Levine to pg though I'm not sure that will work out.

Imagine them getting the first pick in this draft ... Levine, wiggins, Simmons, xxxxx, Towns ... That is a hell of an athletic and skilled starting unit.

mngopher35
02-27-2016, 05:11 PM
Honestly right now wiggins is just a wing with no real set position. Last year he played very well next to shabazz (due to posting smaller players) as an sg but not all year or anything. This year he has been sg next to prince to start and since Mitchell is finally letting lavine play 2 he gets sf time more.

SteBO
02-27-2016, 06:04 PM
Gerald Green better we waived by tonight

kdspurman
02-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Rockets have Harden guarding Leonard to start.. I don't get that with Arina on the court

Chronz
02-27-2016, 09:34 PM
Rockets have Harden guarding Leonard to start.. I don't get that with Arina on the court

Maybe to light a fire under him.

kdspurman
02-27-2016, 09:35 PM
Maybe to light a fire under him.

It worked, Kawhi is off to a great start

kdspurman
02-27-2016, 09:38 PM
Spurs are 38-0 when leading by 15, which is their lead now. Hoping that streak doesn't end tonight

bgdreton
02-27-2016, 10:24 PM
Curry fuego....

Lakers + Giants
02-27-2016, 10:26 PM
Damn, Houston getting their **** pushed in.

kdspurman
02-27-2016, 10:48 PM
Harden keeps trying to draw fouls. Just play basketball man smh. I'm glad the refs have swallowed their whistles on those plays

valade16
02-27-2016, 10:49 PM
Pau with a triple double.

eDush
02-27-2016, 10:51 PM
If only the Lakers still had Gasol....

eDush
02-27-2016, 10:54 PM
The Beard is waiting for the 4th quarter to stir the pot again cause he can...

mngopher35
02-27-2016, 10:55 PM
Hope curry comes back (although I get not risking it). It's been a good game so far.

bgdreton
02-27-2016, 10:57 PM
Welp that sucks hope curry ok

mngopher35
02-27-2016, 10:59 PM
Welp that sucks hope curry ok

Me too. Obviously can't tell just from watching but it did seem like he was walking it off a bit, had some weight on it. Hopefully just a sprain

SteBO
02-27-2016, 10:59 PM
Green throwing a tantrum?

eDush
02-27-2016, 11:14 PM
If only the Warriors had KD, we be up now :sad2:

kdspurman
02-27-2016, 11:24 PM
Dwight doesn't get nearly the touches he deserves. Not a great post player, but he deserves some touches.

bgdreton
02-27-2016, 11:36 PM
**** we need ezeli back man...

bgdreton
02-27-2016, 11:42 PM
We are doubled up in reb but yet we still in this game lol

zn23
02-27-2016, 11:42 PM
Draymond Green was a huge no show

mngopher35
02-27-2016, 11:46 PM

Plus the missed layups...

kdspurman
02-27-2016, 11:47 PM
17 straight 50 win seasons for the Spurs

mngopher35
02-27-2016, 11:51 PM
17 straight 50 win seasons for the Spurs

I'm just sitting here waiting for 1 in the last like 12 years...

Seriously though it's incredible the consistent level of play. Duncan and pop deserve a lot of credit (as do others but those two the most).

SteBO
02-27-2016, 11:53 PM
The magic of 3pt shooting....it literally can offset all deficiencies.

mngopher35
02-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Curry is insane

bgdreton
02-27-2016, 11:55 PM
God man a terrible rebounding effort by the whole team. Down by 30 reb in a game is that like a record or something lol

kdspurman
02-27-2016, 11:56 PM
Crab dribble?

bgdreton
02-27-2016, 11:56 PM
Draymond Green was a huge no show

Not sure about that.. offensively maybe

kdspurman
02-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Does KD keep pulling his jersey to show his loyalty with the thunder? Lol

bgdreton
02-27-2016, 11:59 PM
Curry is insane

Ummm yea aaahhh pretty much this...

mngopher35
02-27-2016, 11:59 PM
Bang durant killing it too.

I really wanna see this matchup in the playoffs. Clippers gotta find a way into 3rd (Spurs rematch too).

kdspurman
02-28-2016, 12:00 AM

Seriously though it's incredible the consistent level of play. Duncan and pop deserve a lot of credit (as do others but those two the most).

I really feel spoiled at times, especially when I look at some other franchises... its like they've set some crazy standards.

You guys are heading in the right direction at least btw.

Mell413
Can't believe they called that

*Silver&Black*
lol NBA

kdspurman
Why didn't okc call timeout?? Idk if iggy will hit 2 here

bgdreton
Good shot Durant..

Dade County
02-28-2016, 12:01 AM
Cool game...

Curry hand or the ball needs to be checked lol the boy hitting too much long range shots lol

mngopher35
02-28-2016, 12:05 AM
Okc shouldn't have let this happen but I don't mind a little more of this game... Really good match up tonight with durant/curry lighting it up.

blahblahyoutoo
wtf is mark jackson talking about?
"i'd rather have a guy who doesn't care about missing free throws than a good free throw shooter." ???? how the eff does he still have a job commentating?

SteBO
Guess Scott Foster wanted to ref an extra 5 minutes....I still can't find the foul

bgdreton
02-28-2016, 12:06 AM
Lol OT Iggy with the free throws... great game no matter who wins..

mngopher35
02-28-2016, 12:07 AM

I really feel spoiled at times, especially when I look at some other franchises... its like they've set some crazy standards.

You guys are heading in the right direction at least btw.

Up until this summer (maybe summer before but now for sure) I was pretty jealous of everyone. Now at least it looks like a little more patience might pay off.

Ya the crazy thing is with khawi and Aldridge that streak might make it for a while longer for you guys. Crazy.

kdspurman
02-28-2016, 12:09 AM
Durant has to be smarter than that. Tough break

*Silver&Black*
02-28-2016, 12:10 AM
GOATbrook time!

mngopher35
02-28-2016, 12:14 AM
If that one had gone in...

It's like there isn't a bad shot for curry

kdspurman
02-28-2016, 12:15 AM
If that one had gone in...

It's like there isn't a bad shot for curry

Not a bad shot at all haha. Maybe he should've waited a sec or 2 for someone from his team to be near the basket incase he missed. I know, it sounds silly (him missing a 3 tonight) but it happens

*Silver&Black*
02-28-2016, 12:15 AM
Anyone one else taking that shot would have been called a low IQ player.

bgdreton
02-28-2016, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry curry is godly

kdspurman
02-28-2016, 12:18 AM
Up until this summer (maybe summer before but now for sure) I was pretty jealous of everyone. Now at least it looks like a little more patience might pay off.

Ya the crazy thing is with khawi and Aldridge that streak might make it for a while longer for you guys. Crazy.

Yup. Future is definitely looking good.. you have a very good big man, and that's a great start..

And hopefully... I know it'll end eventually though

blahblahyoutoo
02-28-2016, 12:21 AM
GS lack of shot blocking and rebounding is getting exposed.

ball4reel
02-28-2016, 12:22 AM
OKC doesn't want to win!!!

bgdreton
02-28-2016, 12:23 AM
GS lack of shot blocking and rebounding is getting exposed.

Yea our back up center would have been nice today..

*Silver&Black*
02-28-2016, 12:24 AM
lol

Dade County
02-28-2016, 12:24 AM
Dear Godness

mngopher35
02-28-2016, 12:25 AM
Lol who didn't think that was going in?

kdspurman
15 yard penalty, excessive celebration...

Durant fouling out really put okc in a tough spot

basch152
Curry set single game AND season record for 3s made tonight...

ball4reel
Unreal

jerellh528
02-28-2016, 12:26 AM
Curry set single game AND season record for 3s made tonight...

I thought he tied the single game?

ball4reel
02-28-2016, 12:27 AM
Tied the record

jerellh528
Dang, just got back from the gym. Looks like I missed a hell of a game between gs and okc

bgdreton
Curry is that ***** bruhhhhhhhhhh

Crackadalic
That man Curry tho.

blahblahyoutoo

brahyoumad?

kdspurman
02-28-2016, 12:28 AM
brahyoumad?

Oh yea, I'm real mad :laugh2:

jerellh528
02-28-2016, 12:29 AM
How much time was left when KD fouled out?

Scoots
02-28-2016, 12:30 AM
Spurs are 38-0 when leading by 15, which is their lead now. Hoping that streak doesn't end tonight

Where can that be looked up? I know the Warriors streak is beyond 100 now, but I don't have any idea where to find the current numbers or a historical perspective on it.

Vincent
02-28-2016, 12:32 AM
Wow... that game...

Curry is unreal, but the Warriors in general just seem to have everything bounce their way. Amazing win by those guys

bucketss
this kid left me speechless

sammyvine
curry is going to end up one of the top 10 players of all time but OKC just proved why they will never win a chip imo...just so many silly plays

they should never have even allowed the game to go to overtime.

Vincent
02-28-2016, 12:33 AM

I'm pretty sure I'd celebrate a lot harder than that if I hit a shot like that lol

Avenged
Curry might just b the best of all time.. I don't care if I'm living in the moment. Just wow..

valade16
Curry is not human

BKLYNpigeon
Curry Ankle Game > Jordan Flu Game

kdspurman
02-28-2016, 12:34 AM
Where can that be looked up? I know the Warriors streak is beyond 100 now, but I don't have any idea where to find the current numbers or a historical perspective on it.

I saw it on twitter, but im not sure where the historical numbers could be found though. I'm sure SA is much higher than that too, but that was just for this season.

nastynice
02-28-2016, 12:34 AM
Ohh baby, haha, ohh mutha****in yeaa!!! Where my dubs at!! Haha, that boy an assassin!!! curry cold as ****! Iggy, straight ice thru his veins! Damn, what a ****in squad, top to bottom. Mo buckets, Livingston, both puttin in major work!!

blahblahyoutoo
02-28-2016, 12:35 AM
Curry might just b the best of all time.. I don't care if I'm living in the moment. Just wow..

he definitely is the best scorer of all time. he can score from ANYWHERE in the half court, and does so efficiently.
no one else, not even durant can make that claim.
and despite his size, he can finish inside just as well.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-28-2016, 12:35 AM
History in the making

nastynice
02-28-2016, 12:36 AM

lmao!! :cheers:

kdspurman
How much time was left when KD fouled out?

It may have been the first minute or so of OT.

Vincent

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not compare a regular season game to a NBA Finals game.

nastynice
02-28-2016, 12:38 AM
he definitely is the best scorer of all time. he can score from ANYWHERE in the half court, and does so efficiently.
no one else, not even durant can make that claim.
and despite his size, he can finish inside just as well.

Is it just me, or is Curry LEGITITMATELY starting to make that 35 footer a part of his game!? lol

Pakman
02-28-2016, 12:44 AM
Curry man. Such a star. I'm so lucky to see him in his prime. Will definitely tell my kids about this guy.

BKLYNpigeon
02-28-2016, 12:45 AM
That was a Hardwood Classic.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-28-2016, 12:46 AM
You literally knew that shot was going to go in. There's really not much doubt anymore.

blahblahyoutoo
02-28-2016, 12:50 AM
wish I could've watched the post game interview with westbrick and durant sulking.

blahblahyoutoo
02-28-2016, 12:53 AM
You literally knew that shot was going to go in. There's really not much doubt anymore.

not me. i figuratively knew it was going in.

valade16
02-28-2016, 12:58 AM
And people say LeBron is right now better than Curry? GTFO lol

likemystylez
02-28-2016, 01:00 AM
LOL kinda pisses me off how despire just watching maybe the best regular season game in the last few seasons- all the media can talk about is speculation on what was going on in the warriors private locker room during half time.

Corey
02-28-2016, 01:00 AM
We're literally watching the best shooter ever in his prime.

I hope everyone is embracing it.

Holy ****.

likemystylez
02-28-2016, 01:04 AM

Holy ****.

LMAO... and stephen a smith says curry and the warriors are making the nba boring.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-28-2016, 01:08 AM
Durant was also so dumb in the last few minutes and overtime.

giantspwn
02-28-2016, 01:17 AM
Steph just isn't real. Watching what he does on a nightly basis just doesn't add up. It's not reality.

Credit to Durant, he was clutch and had a great game. Leaving late because of foul trouble and Curry's great night, shouldn't take away how good he was.

CHANGO
02-28-2016, 01:32 AM
Amazing shot by Curry, you gotta know your personnel. After the kind of shots Curry had hit all night long, Andre should have know better. Too much air space, easy one for Curry.

Thunder always do the same ****, they play 46 minutes of GREAT basketball and on the last 2 minutes, they find ways to just lose. Turnovers, bad defense, extremely bad shot selection, ISO-ball for 18 seconds and then taking an horrible shot. I mean... So much friking talent on that team. :(

Waiters must have the lowest IQ on the entire NBA, he tries to do some passes that are just ridiculous.

CHANGO
02-28-2016, 01:36 AM
Steph just isn't real. Watching what he does on a nightly basis just doesn't add up. It's not reality.

Credit to Durant, he was clutch and had a great game. Leaving late because of foul trouble and Curry's great night, shouldn't take away how good he was.

He was clutch and all but the last turnover that gave Warriors possession, then the foul on Iggy (lot of people here saying that wasn't a foul, it was) giving the opportunity to tie the game with 0.7 seconds left on the game and then the dumb foul on Curry. That can erase any great game he had.

CHANGO
02-28-2016, 01:40 AM
BTW, I thought Green was the worst doing the moving screens, didn't pay attention to him tonight but his teammate Bogut had some awesome moving screens on the 2nd quarter alone, in a span of like 2 minutes he made 3 or 4 moving screens one of them was called a foul (grabbing Westy). Then I didn't pay attention at all because I was missing the fun of the game. :D

I HOPE to see a 2nd round matchup between the Thunder and the Warriors, but I also want the Clippers vs Warriors rivalry to revive, and ****ing want to see the Spurs vs Warriors at the WCF. Oh the struggle. Can the Clippers somehow fall to the 8th place and the Thunder to the 4th place? Please? Can they?

RLundi
02-28-2016, 01:57 AM
Literally can't believe what I've just seen.

Aust
02-28-2016, 02:04 AM
Suns finally win a game.

likemystylez
02-28-2016, 02:20 AM
BTW, I thought Green was the worst doing the moving screens, didn't pay attention to him tonight but his teammate Bogut had some awesome moving screens on the 2nd quarter alone, in a span of like 2 minutes he made 3 or 4 moving screens one of them was called a foul (grabbing Westy). Then I didn't pay attention at all because I was missing the fun of the game. :D

I HOPE to see a 2nd round matchup between the Thunder and the Warriors, but I also want the Clippers vs Warriors rivalry to revive, and ****ing want to see the Spurs vs Warriors at the WCF. Oh the struggle. Can the Clippers somehow fall to the 8th place and the Thunder to the 4th place? Please? Can they?

thunder warriors second round is starting to look unlikely. Warriors would have to get leaped by the spurs or the thunder would have to get leaped by the clippers to make that possible.

The clippers warriors seems very likely- unless the clippers choke before they get to the warriors like last year.

For the thunder to win it all- theyd have to go through the spurs, then the warriors. I dont think they have the depth to win either of those series. westbrook and durant cant play at 120% for a 7 game series

5ass
02-28-2016, 02:35 AM
What a performance. Great game GOAT player.

goingfor28
02-28-2016, 03:02 AM

Holy ****.
He's ****ing obnoxious as hell.

Scoots
02-28-2016, 03:15 AM

I loved Magic enjoying himself, thrilled when Jordan enjoyed himself ... I don't see why people don't like it when great players have fun playing this game. They PLAY a GAME ... it's supposed to be fun.

jason
02-28-2016, 04:13 AM
Curry is just ridiculous.. Incredibly fun to watch play and hit these super tough shots

Vincent33
02-28-2016, 04:44 AM
That was about as casual a 35' gamewinner in OT could look. Too much fun watching this guy play basketball.

Saddletramp
02-28-2016, 05:41 AM
That was........that was........ Just wow.

Also, how did Green not get two technicals? One when he fouled Ibaka on the floor and then later after he went flying on that free throw attempt in OT. I've seen actions that are 1/10 as egregious get called but he got away with some Grade A A-Hole behavior.

sammyvine
02-28-2016, 08:33 AM
What a performance. Great game GOAT player.

no he is not

how old are you lol? he is better than lebron, jordan, kareem, magic etc...
goat shooter but his career doesn't stack up to those players and doubt it will. he has 1 mvp and 1 ring...he didn't even win finals mvp in the championship win as well. Iggy did.

chi-townlove1
02-28-2016, 10:34 AM
Dude. Put your anger away. I think he was just saying he's one of the best. Not THE best.

tredigs
02-28-2016, 10:39 AM
One of the coolest regular season games i have ever seen. Truly epic game.

likemystylez
02-28-2016, 10:44 AM

Also, how did Green not get two technicals? One when he fouled Ibaka on the floor and then later after he went flying on that free throw attempt in OT. I've seen actions that are 1/10 as egregious get called but he got away with some Grade A A-Hole behavior.

cant call that int hat type of game. emotions were running high.

besides- refs kinda lured him into it when they called him for a foul when he knocked the ball away while digging in and then dove for a 50-50 ball. even jeff van gundy said that was a clean play. rather than giving warriors the ball they gave thunder free throws (that coulda changed the game from going in to OT. cant screw a guy over like that and not expect him to react.

LOl warriors are mvp champs- they should get the benefit of the doubt... but at the very least the game should be called fair

tredigs
02-28-2016, 10:44 AM
I have never heard a bar crowd louder in my life.

likemystylez
02-28-2016, 10:45 AM

LOL people dont like that he enjoys kidding around and he has fun when he plays the game. he doesnt get right in anybodies face though and he isnt dirty. just likes to celebrate and have fun

Scoots
02-28-2016, 10:57 AM
I have never heard a bar crowd louder in my life.

This (in San Jose for me) was 2nd loudest to 1992 in North Carolina for Duke/Kentucky and Laettner's shot.

ghettosean
02-28-2016, 11:05 AM

Holy ****.

He's just entering his prime too... It's impossible to think that he could get better than this. This kids unreal most dominant player I've seen since Jordan.

tredigs
02-28-2016, 11:07 AM
This (in San Jose for me) was 2nd loudest to 1992 in North Carolina for Duke/Kentucky and Laettner's shot.
I was not even close to the Bay Area. After that last shot I saw a grown man jump out of his chair and run out of the bar screaming with his hands on the side of his head while his family just cheered on the game. Curry turns grown men into children.

Scoots
02-28-2016, 11:09 AM
I was not even close to the Bay Area. After that last shot I saw a grown man jump out of his chair and run out of the bar screaming with his hands on the side of his head while his family just cheered on the game. Curry turns grown men into children.

LOL.

For that 1992 game the bar I was in was SRO and it went nuts when the ball went in.

Scoots
02-28-2016, 12:58 PM
Re-watched the end of the Warriors OKC game without the emotion of a live game and I came to the conclusion that OKC is not a smart team. Coaching, execution, decision making all had major failures down the stretch. Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are incredible players no doubt, but wow were there some fundamental errors in that game they should have won.

If it wasn't for the turnovers and the incredible play of Curry/Thompson and the defense on Westbrook/Durant the Warriors have NO SHOT in this game.

Curry/Thompson shot 26 of 47 from the floor 55%
Westbrook/Durant shot 23 of 55 from the floor 42%

The Warriors will be happy to win but they have work to do on their rebounding blocking out and hustle.

Of course as the last game of a 7 game road trip that's a pretty good result. Also the Warriors tied the all-time record for best record on a 7 game road trip with a 6-1 finish.

Green_Monster
02-28-2016, 01:12 PM

I don't think it should have been a foul when he went to the floor to get the ball. The way he freaked out after though, should have easily been a technical foul. It's pretty laughable how that wasn't called.

Scoots
02-28-2016, 01:28 PM
I don't think it should have been a foul when he went to the floor to get the ball. The way he freaked out after though, should have easily been a technical foul. It's pretty laughable how that wasn't called.

After the FT he certainly seemed to be over the edge ... but the ref may have had sympathy for him for not calling the shove from Ibaka and let him know "WHAT THE F WAS THAT NON-CALL YOU MOTHER" * "MY BAD DRAYMOND" ... end of interchange. It happens. Earlier this season Draymond was telling a ref he screwed up on a call and the ref's answer was "I know" and Draymond patted him on the shoulder and went on with the game. As out of control as he gets I think he respects the refs and they are learning how to deal with him which, fair or not, is how this happens with stars in the NBA.

Green_Monster
02-28-2016, 02:17 PM
After the FT he certainly seemed to be over the edge ... but the ref may have had sympathy for him for not calling the shove from Ibaka and let him know "WHAT THE F WAS THAT NON-CALL YOU MOTHER" * "MY BAD DRAYMOND" ... end of interchange. It happens. Earlier this season Draymond was telling a ref he screwed up on a call and the ref's answer was "I know" and Draymond patted him on the shoulder and went on with the game. As out of control as he gets I think he respects the refs and they are learning how to deal with him which, fair or not, is how this happens with stars in the NBA.

Absolutely, I agree. I've seen guys get T'ed up for way less, so I just found it funny how he was flipping out (rightfully so) and nothing happened. As you said though, he's a star, and that probably gives him more of a pass in getting T'ed up.

Scoots
02-28-2016, 03:03 PM
Absolutely, I agree. I've seen guys get T'ed up for way less, so I just found it funny how he was flipping out (rightfully so) and nothing happened. As you said though, he's a star, and that probably gives him more of a pass in getting T'ed up.

As long as he's respectful. If he disrespects the refs they have no problem ringing him up. He's got 12 this year IIRC.

archdevil84
02-28-2016, 03:04 PM
damn i watched the recap of that game. my god curry is realy insane

zn23
02-28-2016, 03:28 PM
Without LeBron, the Cavaliers would have major difficulties getting out of the first round.

zn23
02-28-2016, 04:04 PM
Irving is a revolving door on defense. He gets lit up by the other teams opposing point guards on a consistent basis.

eDush
02-28-2016, 04:13 PM
K Love can help them win without Bron which is why he was paid the super duper max salary. Not to be an expensive puppet :nod:

Scoots
02-28-2016, 04:45 PM
NBA.com top 10 plays of the week, 3 are Curry plays and this week was so nuts it seems like they are shorting him :)

(not really, the other plays were incredible too)

CHANGO
02-28-2016, 04:52 PM
thunder warriors second round is starting to look unlikely. Warriors would have to get leaped by the spurs or the thunder would have to get leaped by the clippers to make that possible.

The clippers warriors seems very likely- unless the clippers choke before they get to the warriors like last year.

For the thunder to win it all- theyd have to go through the spurs, then the warriors. I dont think they have the depth to win either of those series. westbrook and durant cant play at 120% for a 7 game series

Yes, Thunder vs Warriors seems very unlikely, sadly. I just want them to face the best and give us a good show.

And I agree, while certain people think the Warriors could sweep to the NBA Finals, I don't see them beating the Thunder in 4 games, Durant and Westy are superstars, one of them or both are going to get hot in one of the games and win it. As for winning 3+ games... I don't know about that.

CHANGO
02-28-2016, 04:54 PM

I think he deserved a T sometime in the end of 4th quarter or OT (don't remember) but props to the ref who didn't want to "screw" the result and had the patience to deal with Green's ****.

CHANGO
02-28-2016, 05:00 PM
Re-watched the end of the Warriors OKC game without the emotion of a live game and I came to the conclusion that OKC is not a smart team. Coaching, execution, decision making all had major failures down the stretch. Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are incredible players no doubt, but wow were there some fundamental errors in that game they should have won.

If it wasn't for the turnovers and the incredible play of Curry/Thompson and the defense on Westbrook/Durant the Warriors have NO SHOT in this game.

Curry/Thompson shot 26 of 47 from the floor 55%
Westbrook/Durant shot 23 of 55 from the floor 42%

The Warriors will be happy to win but they have work to do on their rebounding blocking out and hustle.

Of course as the last game of a 7 game road trip that's a pretty good result. Also the Warriors tied the all-time record for best record on a 7 game road trip with a 6-1 finish.

Man, I agree with this. They find ways to lose. I re-watched the play that gave Iggy the 2 FT's and KD had Ibaka WIDE OPEN just in front of him and decided to pass the ball half court that's a rookie mistake, he's not a rookie, he's a star veteran player. That can't happen.

Also watched the interview and he was complaining about reffing saying something like "the outcome would be different if I was on the game, but I couldn't touch him" something like that. He messed up the game with TO and fouls and he's complaining about the refs. SMH...

bucketss
02-28-2016, 05:06 PM
i think kyrie irving needs the kyle lowry diet...

CHANGO
02-28-2016, 05:25 PM
People don't realize how valuable Lebron is for the Cavs.

papipapsmanny
02-28-2016, 07:11 PM
People don't realize how valuable Lebron is for the Cavs.

I'm waiting for Lebron to complain that he doesn't have enough talent around him, even though he builds every team he is on

Chronz
02-28-2016, 09:11 PM
I'm waiting for Lebron to complain that he doesn't have enough talent around him, even though he builds every team he is on

Why would that matter? Its not like he gets to choose every single teammate and who stays healthy.

valade16
02-28-2016, 10:45 PM
Blazers win again. 17-4 in their last 21 games.

kdspurman
02-28-2016, 11:05 PM
Blazers win again. 17-4 in their last 21 games.

Who'd be your ideal first round matchup up?

valade16
02-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Who'd be your ideal first round matchup up?

That is tough to say, I don't think we have a chance to actually beat the Warriors, Spurs or Thunder in a series so I'm hoping we can overtake the Grizzlies for the 5th seed to face the Clippers.

But there would be something poetic about about facing LMA and the Spurs lol.

bucketss
02-28-2016, 11:44 PM
surprised at how good the blazers became i was sure they would be a lottery team

kdspurman
02-28-2016, 11:50 PM
That is tough to say, I don't think we have a chance to actually beat the Warriors, Spurs or Thunder in a series so I'm hoping we can overtake the Grizzlies for the 5th seed to face the Clippers.

But there would be something poetic about about facing LMA and the Spurs lol.

Ha.. yea that would be crazy. I'm sure Lillard would go nuts in that series, but I'd be fine with that if it meant keeping the other guys quiet.

You guys will be an annoying matchup for anyone though with Lillard playing the way he is

RaiderLakersA's
02-29-2016, 02:13 AM
It's a shame that the top 2 teams in the West can't play for the Finals. I really don't care who comes out of the East, it won't be as entertaining for me. Especially, if the Dubs make it back to the Finals.

Scoots
02-29-2016, 12:09 PM
It's a measure of Portland's success in rebuilding in a single year that the Warriors would rather they not finish 8th.

My guess is that Portland is run significantly better than the Suns so they won't screw up the early success of the rebuild.

Scoots
02-29-2016, 12:15 PM
It's kind of hard to believe with as many games have been played in NBA history that the best record for a team on a 7 game road trip is 6-1. A team has won 33 straight games, 28, 27, 22, 20 etc ... but never 7 in a row on the road.