PDA

View Full Version : Delonte West applies for a job at Home Depot

blahblahyoutoo
02-21-2016, 09:15 PM
http://nypost.com/2016/02/21/someone-needs-to-help-delonte-west/

props for him for applying for jobs instead of looking for handouts like kanye.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-21-2016, 09:48 PM
He applied back in 2011.

STRIKERC
02-21-2016, 10:14 PM
And there's nothing wrong with applying for a regular job. He is a regular dude.

ManningToTyree
02-22-2016, 01:55 AM
Per Windhorst he has taken a more lucrative position as Lebrons Moms pool boy. He got wind of the news while his nose was firmly planted inside Lebrons sphincter

adidas2307
02-22-2016, 02:32 AM
Per Windhorst he has taken a more lucrative position as Lebrons Moms pool boy. He got wind of the news while his nose was firmly planted inside Lebrons sphincter

I really hope you don't think that was funny.

flea
02-22-2016, 03:12 AM
I really hope you don't think that was funny.

It was. Good for the guy though, I know he's had some personal struggles. There is nothing better for the mind's health than regular work and that rag the NY Post's headline is just as much of a joke as their journalistic integrity. A man who can work and seems to doing fine otherwise doesn't need "help."

*Silver&Black*
02-22-2016, 04:02 AM
I don't care if he gotta fly. Trains, planes and automobiles. The A.M. shift manager better have his DO-NUTS!

mrblisterdundee
02-22-2016, 11:06 AM
I wonder why he can't even get a spot on a Chinese team. He wasn't horrible, and he's only 32.

DboneG
02-22-2016, 11:24 AM
Maybe there's some mental issues going on. He should have played at lease two more years in the NBA or overseas. He could still be playing now. (If his mind and body was right) The NBA have a semi-program that they use to help guys in his situation get acclimated to the real world. So, he could at lease be an assistant coach, scout, helper, teacher, work for NBA cares, college assistant, high school coach, work for a non profit. Even some of these NBA owners, players have businesses and Foundations where as they could put him on payroll for a year, help him on his feet. So, why isnít Delonte there? The million dollar question.

STRIKERC
02-22-2016, 11:31 AM
He prefers a regular job. Any problem with that?
I have a regular job and i do Ok.

Tony_Starks
02-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Before everyone gets on the "typical athlete that screwed off his money" tip, it should be noted that he has some serious mental health issues and when he is off his meds it is ALL bad.

Hopefully he can get it together or has some sort of support system.

Sly Guy
02-22-2016, 01:10 PM
was this post on here like 2 years ago? This is really old guys, the original thread had an image of the 'actual' application as well, and I'm not even convinced it's real

KingPosey
02-22-2016, 01:23 PM

So the only reason youre working a 9-5 and not in the NBA is because you prefer the grind? Got it.

Delonte did this during the strike, did he apply AGAIN or is this old?

Big Zo
02-22-2016, 01:49 PM
He once called someone a "***** *** white boy", despite having light skin, red hair, and freckles. He definitely has issues.

IndyRealist
02-22-2016, 01:51 PM
The Home Depot thing is from the lockout year, says so right in the article. This thread is exceedingly misleading, and 5 years late.

He didn't have the money saved back to go without pay, so he applied for a job. Most people I know, if they missed 3 months worth of pay, they'd be homeless.

ManningToTyree
02-23-2016, 02:53 PM

I really hope you don't think that was funny. no I didn't

Jeffy25
02-23-2016, 04:12 PM
Few things

1. A man applying for a job doesn't mean he needs 'help' NY Post. This is partially why our society is so ****ed up. They think working for a living is somehow a negative thing.
2. This was during the lockout and likely was more for publicity for the players side during the lockout in 2011. He literally played in the NBA after this 'application'
3. People need to pay attention to dates more. This was from 5 years ago and it gets a story today? The post is a joke.

LA_Raiders
02-24-2016, 04:06 AM
Good for him. Job is a job

Munkeysuit
02-24-2016, 05:40 AM
Let's not shame a man at his worst, "let he with out sin cast the first stone" he's part of the NBA family wether we like it or not, he has been very successful in his time in the league and even though he has had struggles, this so called "loser" has certainly accomplished more in his short life than most of us would accomplish in the entirety of our own lives.
Pray for the dude, wish him the best or just please keep your negative comments to yourselves.

PhillyFaninLA
02-24-2016, 07:02 AM

If you are over the age of 12 you really need to look in the mirror and examine your life decisions....if you are 12 then, well that is the thing 12 year old boys say

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 09:09 AM
Are we discussing something that happened during the lock out a couple of years ago?

MonroeFAN
02-24-2016, 09:11 AM

lulz

ManningToTyree
02-24-2016, 05:38 PM

If you are over the age of 12 you really need to look in the mirror and examine your life decisions....if you are 12 then, well that is the thing 12 year old boys say I'm doing ok thanks for your concern.

IndyRealist
02-24-2016, 06:06 PM
Why is this thread not closed? Might as well have necro'd the thread from 5 years ago.