PDA

View Full Version : Could Kevin Martin and/or Roy Hibbert help make a team a contender?

JasonJohnHorn
02-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Having Kevin Martin shoot anything but 3's right now seems like a bad idea, and Roy Hibbert's defensive prowess and rebounding seem to have gone down the toilet.

But they are only 31 and 29 respectively, and even if not starters, could be key role players in filling out a roster. The question is, would either or both of them make a significant difference on any team?

I think the easy answer is no, but there may be teams that could benefit from them. Perhaps a return to Indy for Hibbert would be good. Or perhaps he could try out Dallas? The Bull, if they can make any moves, might do well to bring in both players to add depth. Same could go for the Pistons.

Of course, there's the possibility that these guys aren't going to be making any significant contribution to any rosters.

If they are bought out, how much could they help a team?

Ball_Out
02-18-2016, 09:23 PM
Martin before Hibbert definitely. The league will always have a spot for a sharpshooter. One dimensional bigs? Not so much.

IndyRealist
02-18-2016, 09:35 PM
It's about how valuable they are over the players they are replacing. If Martin is replacing Dion Waiters that's good, if he's taking minutes from Klay that's bad. Roy could be a serviceable fill in for the injured Marc Gasol. The Grizz play at his speed and Randolph can take the shots.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-18-2016, 09:49 PM
Sure. More faith in Martin than Hibbert though.

CHANGO
02-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Martin can do some good in a lot of teams. He is a great shooter, he's having some health issues but yeah his shooting is needed.

Hibbert, meh, don't think so, if he can't do **** on that horrendous Lakers squad I don't think he can do something on other teams.

bstnfn34
02-18-2016, 10:09 PM
I'd take both our either on the Celtics to take a chance Martin fire good proven ability to score something the Celtics struggle with from time to time as far add hibbert he's a big body to protect the rim, another thing the Celtics lack. With Lee getting bought out there's one open spot

Teeboy1487
02-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Hibbert is slow, can't rebound, and limited offensively. He can help you tank.

Tony_Starks
02-18-2016, 11:16 PM
Hibbert has turned into a huge clumsy lazy loaf of a Gaylord. He can't even help himself.

Brandon Bass however could really help someone off the bench,surprised nobody snagged him.

Chronz
02-18-2016, 11:24 PM
Clips seem to have finally found a backup center. Hibbs could only help in a very reserved role, possibly as the 4th or 5th big

I'd take kmart over jamal Crawford right now

phillychi009
02-18-2016, 11:26 PM
I Martin would look great in Cleveland. They definitely could use some guard help, and I believe in the right situation he could also help playing as a wing.

KnicksorBust
02-19-2016, 08:51 AM
Kev Martin to Detroit
Hibbert to Dallas

SeoulBeatz
02-19-2016, 09:09 AM
Hibbert in Dallas makes sense.

don't know what happened to him, but he's still a big body and would provide depth in the frontcourt. i remember hearing about him visiting a psychiatrist to deal with his confidence issues a couple years back, seems like it's all mental for him. he's worth taking a flyer on for a low-risk medium-reward type deal.

ewing
02-19-2016, 09:25 AM
I think the Nets should sign both :)

mrblisterdundee
02-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Martin before Hibbert definitely. The league will always have a spot for a sharpshooter. One dimensional bigs? Not so much.

I think there could be a spot for him in Dallas. They have shooters galore, but I think Hibbert could be an improvement over Zaza, if he could regain any of his momentum from Indiana.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2016, 02:15 PM
If Kmart has a coach that ropes his usage and a defense that can hide him, he could help a team for sure. His main problem is always that he still has that mentality to pull up for weird looking jumpers aiming just to get a foul, and they don't give him that rip thru anymore. But if you can limit him to spot ups and transition 3's, and get him driving to the rim where he will draw a foul, he can help.

Hibbert was on the laundry list of why I laughed at some of the Laker fans that said they would compete for a playoff spot. He sucks

Hawkeye15
02-19-2016, 02:16 PM
I think the Nets should sign both :)

they are way under the cap, why not?