PDA

View Full Version : Celtics a favorite to land Al Horford

mrblisterdundee
02-17-2016, 07:21 PM
According to Celtics Life, Boston is a favorite to land Al Horford (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/celtics-one-of-the-favorites-to-land-al-horford-396108.html).
If the Celtics get him, I sure hope they're still planning on getting a center. I'm tired of Horford having to stand in at center. He would be so good as a primary power forward. I'd trade Blake Griffin for him at this point.

Alayla
02-17-2016, 07:23 PM
Horford as a center never sat right with me.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-17-2016, 08:55 PM
According to Celtics Life, Boston is a favorite to land Al Horford (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/celtics-one-of-the-favorites-to-land-al-horford-396108.html).
If the Celtics get him, I sure hope they're still planning on getting a center. I'm tired of Horford having to stand in at center. He would be so good as a primary power forward. I'd trade Blake Griffin for him at this point.

You'd trade a better PF under control for a 2 month C/PF rental? Lol.

Chronz
02-17-2016, 09:00 PM
Horford as a center never sat right with me.

I have mixed feelings on it but as he approaches 30+, can he really go back at this point?

I would trade him for Blake if I knew he could still defend 4's full time and small ball 4s in a pinch. A package of Blake and Lance/filler for Horford, Korver and assets would work. I dont know if I would want him or Milsap tho.

Chronz
02-17-2016, 09:01 PM

he wouldnt leave LA man

Alayla
02-17-2016, 09:19 PM
I have mixed feelings on it but as he approaches 30+, can he really go back at this point?

I would trade him for Blake if I knew he could still defend 4's full time and small ball 4s in a pinch. A package of Blake and Lance/filler for Horford, Korver and assets would work. I dont know if I would want him or Milsap tho.

well yeah that's the issue with playing someone out of position there entire career
I have an issue with Curry playing point personally as well but that's a whole other can of worms especially considering its working.
But no i dont think moving Horford to PF at this stage in his career is wise as players get older they get slower and should be matching up with slower and slower people sort of how Lebron and Melo have been becoming 4's as time as gone on.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-17-2016, 09:55 PM
he wouldnt leave LA man

Even if that were the case, that's an overpay. The next highest offer for Horford wouldn't even come close to Blake Griffin.

xbrackattackx
02-17-2016, 09:57 PM
What if Celts walk away from Deadline with Horford,Love and Teague? That's some nice vets and I don't think it would clean out Boston.

ewing
02-17-2016, 10:00 PM
I think Hartford is very good center :shrug:. I also am not sure what the hell the Hawks are doing. I think they might be missing Danny Ferry

Chronz
02-17-2016, 10:01 PM
Even if that were the case, that's an overpay. The next highest offer for Horford wouldn't even come close to Blake Griffin.

Whod you have in mind cuz I dont know of many better prospects than Horford/Milsap when replacing Blake whilst providing a better fit. And thats what matters, you're never getting equal value, the best fit possible is what would help a team losing "talent".

xbrackattackx
02-17-2016, 10:04 PM
I think Hartford is very good center :shrug:. I also am not sure what the hell the Hawks are doing. I think they might be missing Danny Ferry

Yea bruh...he dope.

ewing
02-17-2016, 10:06 PM
Yea bruh...he dope.

you're smart

mrblisterdundee
02-17-2016, 11:08 PM

Obviously Atlanta would have to send along other assets, but I'm fairly certain Horford would re-sign for a chance to play with DeAndre Jordan and Chis Paul at power forward, no less. How about Horford, Kyle Korver, Mike Scott, Kent Bazemore and a first-rounder for Griffin, Lance Stephenson and Wes Johnson?

mrblisterdundee
02-17-2016, 11:11 PM
What if Celts walk away from Deadline with Horford,Love and Teague? That's some nice vets and I don't think it would clean out Boston.

Why would the Celtics want Jeff Teague when they have a newly minted all-star point guard in Isaiah Thomas?

flea
02-17-2016, 11:46 PM

I don't really know either, they shouldn't have fired him for not being racist but that's what you get from a scared corporate ownership in a majority black city I guess. The Hawks have talked about re-signing him and I don't really see why they wouldn't try unless they want to bottom out (which I don't think Bud has any notion of, personally). He can play the 4 and 5, shoot, defend, and pass well. That fits with any team.

Also he's one of the more mobile centers in the league so if guys like Griffin and Love can play PF I'm pretty sure Horford can handle it, since that's what his size dictates he is anyway. In this NBA you're usually a PF if you can't play center and you can't play SF/wing - not because you have some unique defensive skillset. He's a good defender and would be fine on both ends because of his shooting as a 4.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-17-2016, 11:48 PM
Whod you have in mind cuz I dont know of many better prospects than Horford/Milsap when replacing Blake whilst providing a better fit. And thats what matters, you're never getting equal value, the best fit possible is what would help a team losing "talent".

You better be getting 1-3 more important pieces along with 3 months of Horford if you are giving up Griffin.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-17-2016, 11:56 PM
Obviously Atlanta would have to send along other assets, but I'm fairly certain Horford would re-sign for a chance to play with DeAndre Jordan and Chis Paul at power forward, no less. How about Horford, Kyle Korver, Mike Scott, Kent Bazemore and a first-rounder for Griffin, Lance Stephenson and Wes Johnson?

Yes but the chances of a guy staying doesn't hold much value in trade talks since the 2 teams have no control over that. Horford's value is 3 months worth, even if he is to resign for like 5 years. Horford, Korver, Dennis S, and multiple picks would have to be the package to make it worthwhile. Look at something similar to the Carmelo trade. They got like 4 starters and multiple picks for Carmelo (and big contracts).

ewing
02-18-2016, 12:06 AM
I don't really know either, they shouldn't have fired him for not being racist but that's what you get from a scared corporate ownership in a majority black city I guess. The Hawks have talked about re-signing him and I don't really see why they wouldn't try unless they want to bottom out (which I don't think Bud has any notion of, personally). He can play the 4 and 5, shoot, defend, and pass well. That fits with any team.

Also he's one of the more mobile centers in the league so if guys like Griffin and Love can play PF I'm pretty sure Horford can handle it, since that's what his size dictates he is anyway. In this NBA you're usually a PF if you can't play center and you can't play SF/wing - not because you have some unique defensive skillset. He's a good defender and would be fine on both ends because of his shooting as a 4.

I don't get it. even if they overachieved last year which i thought they did, they won 60 games. they are 7 games over .500 right now with a solid core. i don't think the idea should be bottoming out. Danny Ferry might be an ******* but he definitely was a good GM and right now they don't seem to have any direction.

Jayb587
02-18-2016, 12:07 AM
big mistake, Dwight is the play for the Celtics. horford wont change anything for them. just another jump shooting big man with subpar defense. best chance to beat the lebrons is to add Dwight.

flea
02-18-2016, 12:12 AM
Yes but the chances of a guy staying doesn't hold much value in trade talks since the 2 teams have no control over that. Horford's value is 3 months worth, even if he is to resign for like 5 years. Horford, Korver, Dennis S, and multiple picks would have to be the package to make it worthwhile. Look at something similar to the Carmelo trade. They got like 4 starters and multiple picks for Carmelo (and big contracts).

Well why exactly would the Hawks do that? Schroeder is the future at guard for them, Korver is a fan favorite even if he's old and better suited as a 6th man at this point (or a Spurs-styled starter next to a super 6th man like Brent Barry), and Blake plays the same position as Millsap - who they just resigned. Doesn't really make sense, especially since it's not like Blake is a player who is going to guarantee you 50 wins per year.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-18-2016, 12:36 AM
Well why exactly would the Hawks do that? Schroeder is the future at guard for them, Korver is a fan favorite even if he's old and better suited as a 6th man at this point (or a Spurs-styled starter next to a super 6th man like Brent Barry), and Blake plays the same position as Millsap - who they just resigned. Doesn't really make sense, especially since it's not like Blake is a player who is going to guarantee you 50 wins per year.

I didn't say the Hawks would do that deal. I said if people are proposing a Horford for Griffin deal, that's the value they would need to add to make it work.