PDA

View Full Version : Where would Gasol fit?

mrblisterdundee
02-17-2016, 06:25 PM
The Bulls are apparently aggressively shopping Pau Gasol (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/bulls-aggressively-shopping-pau-gasol-396068.html), according to Yahoo! Sports.
Despite his age, Gasol is still a solid all-star-level player and could plug into the front court of most contenders as a power forward or center. Chicago should probably be willing to take a younger, lesser player with more upside to build for the future.
He seems like a good short-term option for the Clippers. While Blake Griffin is out, he can get acquainted with the system and play some power forward. And when Griffin returns, the Clippers have a clear option to replace DeAndre Jordan when they need more offense and to make foul shots late in the game. I wonder if a package like Lance Stephenson and Wes Johnson would get Gasol. He's sucked in Charlotte and Los Angeles, but Stephenson has the ability to play well and is still younger than Butler.

CHANGO
02-17-2016, 06:35 PM
A slow paced team who runs lots of P&R, P&P and post ups.

xxplayerxx23
02-17-2016, 06:36 PM
If Boston got Al Horford what do you think about them getting gasol?

JasonJohnHorn
02-17-2016, 06:50 PM
Anywhere. He's amazing. His skill set would fit with any team and make them better.

The Clippers. The Spurs. The Thunder. The Cavs. The Warriors. As good as the Warriors are, if they were able to add Gasol, they'd be that much better.

Blink
02-17-2016, 07:07 PM
Memphis

LanceUpperCut
02-17-2016, 07:12 PM
Pau on the Raptors would be great but Bulls would want to much from them.

Procision
02-17-2016, 07:15 PM
As a bulls fan i hate gasol and hope they trade him. If hes not giving you 20 and 10 on a night, his defense is so bad hes a negative.

Animosity
02-17-2016, 07:22 PM
From the bulls rumor side of things they want to resign him ( as a fan I'm not a fan of it). Other teams are calling the Bulls and they are asking too much for him. If they plan on trading him the price will be cheaper over night as teams get more serious about moves.

Jayb587
02-17-2016, 07:24 PM
As a bulls fan i hate gasol and hope they trade him. If hes not giving you 20 and 10 on a night, his defense is so bad hes a negative.

was waiting for someone to tell the truth lol. As a laker fan I felt the same way. problem with Pau is he cant play PF in todays NBA so pairing him with a defensive C would hurt more then it helps. His best position is Center but his defense is so bad, you really cant win anything significant with him at that spot.

kpjets
02-17-2016, 07:30 PM
A team with guys that move without the ball to take advantage of his passing and a mobile pf to account for his lack of speed. atl, bos, port.

Raidaz4Life
02-17-2016, 07:33 PM
The Spurs, split time with Duncan and LA

zn23
02-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Pau deserves better than the Bulls.

He's got maybe 1 more good year left in him. A team likes the Thunder might be able to use him.

D-Leethal
02-17-2016, 08:58 PM
He should take David West's role on the Spurs next year.

D-Leethal
02-17-2016, 09:02 PM
Although I think he could make the Thunder make a serious run at it this year. Very interesting fit with KD-Ibaka in the front court. I would love to see him and his brother play together for a season before he retires.

ewing
02-17-2016, 10:02 PM
Anywhere. He's amazing. His skill set would fit with any team and make them better.

The Clippers. The Spurs. The Thunder. The Cavs. The Warriors. As good as the Warriors are, if they were able to add Gasol, they'd be that much better.

I agree, with his versatility and skill set he fit anywhere. He is the most underrated player of the current generation IMO

ewing
02-17-2016, 10:02 PM
He should take David West's role on the Spurs next year.

Dear god no. Wasn't landing David West for the vet min enough

DboneG
02-17-2016, 10:06 PM
To be honest...Pau Gasol is a bum. He should retire at the end of the year. We all know he won't do that! He'll keep milking that golden cash cow. Read some of the previous post about this guy. His defense is atrocious.

Pau lacks intensity and hustle in closing out shooters. He's the type who will not throw his body in harmís way.
Pau was practically given away by Memphis to the LA Lakers. Wonder why he's bouncing around and getting traded a lot? Because he's a bum.

Where would Pau fit?! NOWHERE! Retire! Maybe back in LA.

ewing
02-17-2016, 10:18 PM
To be honest...Pau Gasol is a bum. He should retire at the end of the year. We all know he won't do that! He'll keep milking that golden cash cow. Read some of the previous post about this guy. His defense is atrocious.

Pau lacks intensity and hustle in closing out shooters. He's the type who will not throw his body in harmís way.
Pau was practically given away by Memphis to the LA Lakers. Wonder why he's bouncing around and getting traded a lot? Because he's a bum.

Yeah, they only got Marc Gasol, multiple picks 1st round picks, roles players and the cap space that became Zach Randolph. Oh and before you tell be they tell me they didn't really like Marc they spent 3 mil to get him out contract obligations in Spain that off season. Where's Hellacrooner!!!!!

The Senator
02-17-2016, 11:03 PM
Yeah, they only got Marc Gasol, multiple picks 1st round picks, roles players and the cap space that became Zach Randolph. Oh and before you tell be they tell me they didn't really like Marc they spent 3 mil to get him out contract obligations in Spain that off season. Where's Hellacrooner!!!!!

Now that's a takedown.

mrblisterdundee
02-17-2016, 11:16 PM

Lakers fan?

mrblisterdundee
02-17-2016, 11:47 PM
Although I think he could make the Thunder make a serious run at it this year. Very interesting fit with KD-Ibaka in the front court. I would love to see him and his brother play together for a season before he retires.

I never thought about Pau to the Thunder. But what would they give the Bulls? Maybe Gasol for Steven Adams and Dion Waiters or Cameron Payne.

Jayb587
02-18-2016, 12:10 AM
I never thought about Pau to the Thunder. But what would they give the Bulls? Maybe Gasol for Steven Adams and Dion Waiters or Cameron Payne.

don't see a point to adding a non defender to the defenseless thunder. The thunder need a SG more then anything else. Adams/Kanter are serviceable.

ewing
02-18-2016, 12:15 AM
don't see a point to adding a non defender to the defenseless thunder. The thunder need a SG more then anything else. Adams/Kanter are serviceable.

the thunder are at worst a middle of the pack defensive team and Gasol has been a main contributor on good defensive teams forever.

Laker Legend42
02-18-2016, 01:25 AM
I think pau would be good for cousins. I don't know if bum is a word I would use to describe him but he's been really good in Chicago.

Jayb587
02-18-2016, 01:26 AM
the thunder are at worst a middle of the pack defensive team and Gasol has been a main contributor on good defensive teams forever.

lmao. Pau is only rivaled by brook lopez in the defensive C category.

zn23
02-18-2016, 01:41 AM
I think the Thunder should consider sending Kanter for Gasol. They'll get rid of a bad contract and a guy who literally plays no defense. For a veteran player who plays better defense and can also create his own shot off the bench.