PDA

View Full Version : What if Monroe had chosen the Blazers instead of the Bucks?

Chronz
02-16-2016, 08:18 PM
Both teams were after the double-double bigman with zero defense. Moose chose the Bucks because he felt they were more playoff ready, looks like a bad call on his end. Then again, would the Blazers be much better with him? Is there an argument that non-floor spacing/rim protecting bigs simply aren't worth the investment? Hes a great passer but hes not a great playmaker ala BG and it seems like thats what you need to overcome the lack of intangibles elsewhere.

Where would the Bucks and Blazers be if Moose had chosen differently.

Vincent
02-16-2016, 08:49 PM
Tough to say, I'm not sure you'd have the breakout party that CJ is having right now.

But in retrospect it does seem like a good fit with him and Lillard. Post-up, kick-outs with him, Lillard, and CJ would be pretty deadly.

valade16
02-16-2016, 10:10 PM
I think the Blazers have lucked out twice on big men not coming here recently. First when Indiana matched Roy Hibbert's max contract and we got Rolo instead and now Monroe deciding to go to Milwaukee.

Vincent
02-16-2016, 10:14 PM
I think the Blazers have lucked out twice on big men not coming here recently. First when Indiana matched Roy Hibbert's max contract and we got Rolo instead and now Monroe deciding to go to Milwaukee.

I wouldn't forget about not getting Enes Kanter for 70 million