PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo: Pistons acquire Tobias Harris for Jennings and Ersan

shep33
02-16-2016, 03:17 PM
Finalizing deal now

Pistons finalizing deal to send Tobias Harris from Magic for Brandon Jennings & Ersan Ilyasova, source told Yahoo. @MikeAScotto reported 1st

Love this deal for Detroit especially

JLynn943
02-16-2016, 03:19 PM
Eh. I like it better for Detroit. Ilyasova is expiring though I think.

Crackadalic
02-16-2016, 03:20 PM
Good deal for the Pistons

Not sure I get it for Orlando though

shep33
02-16-2016, 03:21 PM
Pick up Aaron Gordon on your fantasy squads!

I get it for Orlando honestly. Aaron Gordon gets to play now, welcome to the spotlight kid!

Get rid of Tobias' contract

Wade n Fade
02-16-2016, 03:23 PM
This deal doesn't make sense for Orlando. They have a logjam at guard. Does this mean Elfrid Payton is done in Orlando? Or does that mean Napier is done.

5ass
02-16-2016, 03:23 PM
Hate it for the Magic long term, but will help in the short term. Jennings and ilyasova both played for Skiles in Milwaukee. I don't know, i'll believe it when it happens. If it does, Detroit have themselves a new scoring option, and would probably be their second best scorer and drop 20 PPG.

AI
02-16-2016, 03:24 PM
I don't understand this for Orlando. Harris is a pretty solid player.

GiantsSwaGG
02-16-2016, 03:25 PM
Pistons are my new 2k16 team

5ass
02-16-2016, 03:25 PM
This deal doesn't make sense for Orlando. They have a logjam at guard. Does this mean Elfrid Payton is done in Orlando? Or does that mean Napier is done.

Napier sucks most of the time. He looks like a d-league player out there. Magic actually called up Appling from the d-league. There's a reason Napier was traded for nothing.

GiantsSwaGG
02-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Great trade for the Pistons

FOXHOUND
02-16-2016, 03:27 PM
This can't be it... right? Has to be a pick going to Orlando. They're trading Harris for two expiring contracts? Why?

Tony_Starks
02-16-2016, 03:31 PM
Jennings back with Skiles. Cool!!

aman_13
02-16-2016, 03:33 PM
I guess Orlando wants to be a player in FA. This is a nice move by the Pistons.

shep33
02-16-2016, 03:34 PM
This can't be it... right? Has to be a pick going to Orlando. They're trading Harris for two expiring contracts? Why?

cap flexibility

I'm shocked they didn't get a pick at least... that being said, I mean this was going to happen soon since Gordon was the 4th pick last year and has tremendous upside. He need to play... I just think they could've did better than Jennings. Ersan sucks

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 03:37 PM
I don't get what's not to get for Orlando

Harris was no longer need with the play of Gordon Mario and fournier and was being paid 15 mill a year on 4 year deal... Jennings and ersan help add to our 3 pt shooting need

Jennings will help with scoring, Payton has sucked at scoring and also Jennings expires and ersan only has a year left ... its a salary dump for after the season and it also helps us win now.

Don't love it I don't hate it .... I get why it happened and love it for Harris

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 03:39 PM
Ersans better days were with skiles so maybe trying to kick those tires

shep33
02-16-2016, 03:39 PM
I don't get what's not to get for Orlando

Harris was no longer need with the play of Gordon Mario and fournier and was being paid 15 mill a year on 4 year deal... Jennings and ersan help add to our 3 pt shooting need

Jennings will help with scoring, Payton has sucked at scoring and also Jennings expires and ersan only has a year left ... its a salary dump for after the season and it also helps us win now.

Don't love it I don't hate it .... I get why it happened and love it for Harris

Agree. Would've been better if they got a pick or two, but whatever, it makes sense, especially if Jennings buys in and stays,

They drafted Gordon for a reason

Stunner
02-16-2016, 03:42 PM
This deal basically Taj Gibson / Brooks and a 1st rounder for Harris

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 03:42 PM
The move opens up 8.8 million for us in the off season

5ass
02-16-2016, 03:45 PM
Agree. Would've been better if they got a pick or two, but whatever, it makes sense, especially if Jennings buys in and stays,

They drafted Gordon for a reason
Yeah I think the value is off. I don't know what Hennigan is thinking, but I've learned not to doubt him too much. So i'll give him time to proven this was a good move. I complained about the afflalo trade, Howard trade, ect. All of them turned out well.

Aust
02-16-2016, 03:46 PM
Not even a pick or two? I guess Harris didn't have much value.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 03:54 PM
Harris didn't play the last 3 games and we played the best ball we have yet ... so he wasn't needed really and we got a need in a pg and a shooter for the year and cleared cap at the same time it makes sense

mngopher35
02-16-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm a little surprised that's all magic are getting, I like it for Detroit though.

Wade n Fade
02-16-2016, 04:02 PM
Harris didn't play the last 3 games and we played the best ball we have yet ... so he wasn't needed really and we got a need in a pg and a shooter for the year and cleared cap at the same time it makes sense

Why would you want to play good basketball and make the playoffs when the team could benefit from another lottery pick?

nycericanguy
02-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Odd deal for ORL...

You would think a 23 year old player locked into a deal for 3-4 more seasons would have more value than Jennings and Sova...

If ORL wanted a vet, you would think they could do better than those 2... not exactly known as leaders.

FOXHOUND
02-16-2016, 04:05 PM
I can't believe the Knicks couldn't do something similar centered around Jose as a mentor for their young guards, Derrick Williams and something like Seraphin for cap filler. Phil is out there pushing Jose and Kyle O' Quinn in SOME cases as a sweetner...

:puke:

R. Johnson#3
02-16-2016, 04:05 PM
It's going to be fun watching the Aaron Gordon show. With Jennings and Payton as the two options at PG he'll be mopping up offensive boards every game!

goose15
02-16-2016, 04:08 PM
good trade for Detroit.. I'm a Harris fan

Blink
02-16-2016, 04:13 PM
In SVG I trust!

shep33
02-16-2016, 04:17 PM
Fun Fact! All of them used to be teammates on the Bucks at one point.

Also... SVG bringing Detroit back. Gonna be interesting how much they're willing to spend though. Drummond has a max coming

Rivera
02-16-2016, 04:19 PM
Gonna miss Tobias hell of a pick up

Move on get assets give AG and super Mario more PT

RLundi
02-16-2016, 04:21 PM
I don't like this deal. I don't mind either player coming to Orlando but I thought Harris was worth more than two average players. He's only 23. I typically trust Hennigan but this is a real head-scratcher.

sixer04fan
02-16-2016, 04:23 PM
I get it for the Magic, they want the cap space and more opportunities for Gordon and others. But the value they got in return for Harris leaves a lot to be desired. They have to be wishing they could have gotten more. Still, no reason it can't work out as a net positive. It makes sense. No losers in this deal.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 04:26 PM
The Magic, who are 23-29 and 11th in the East, now have two new rotation players for their team that has lost 16 of its last 20 games. What’s more, they’ll have a much wider runway at free agency this summer because both Jennings and Ilyasova have expiring contracts. With Harris’ $17.2 million for next season now off the books, and with the league’s salary cap expected to spike from $67 million to $89 million, Orlando is projected to have approximately $37.2 million in salary cap space this summer. – via USA Today Sports

phantasyyy
02-16-2016, 04:29 PM
I get the appeal of capspace for the magics, but they couldnt even get a draft pick in return on top of Jennings/Sova? I mean i read a few reports that Boston was also interested, wonder what type of package was dangled from them..

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 04:30 PM
To the Duse who said why push for playoffs and not suck for lotto well we as fans may want that but team owners want progress and guys like hennigans jobs are on the line so its not always that easy.

We have been sucking for 4 years now and its time to start improving or else people will lose their jobs.

The trade helps now, gives our guys who have been playing great more PT and saves us money for FA

ManningToTyree
02-16-2016, 04:31 PM
Nice move for Detroit. Stan is shaping that team nicely.

I guess Orlando wanted more cap space but kinda a head scratcher on the surface.

5ass
02-16-2016, 04:39 PM
The Magic, who are 23-29 and 11th in the East, now have two new rotation players for their team that has lost 16 of its last 20 games. What’s more, they’ll have a much wider runway at free agency this summer because both Jennings and Ilyasova have expiring contracts. With Harris’ $17.2 million for next season now off the books, and with the league’s salary cap expected to spike from $67 million to $89 million, Orlando is projected to have approximately $37.2 million in salary cap space this summer. – via USA Today Sports

All in 4 KD. Lol

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 04:47 PM
Really no head scratcher here lol Harris was not needed in orl with Mario fournier and Gordon stepping up. They got better for the now and gain salary cap.

0% chance KD comes here haha

5ass
02-16-2016, 04:47 PM
With Watson, Jennings and Nicholson, Frye, Ilyasova a lot of magic fans thinking another move is coming.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 04:51 PM
And Napier

mark1125
02-16-2016, 04:51 PM
LOVE this for the Pistons. I get what Orlando was trying to do but you have to think they could have gotten more than this.

Van Gundy has done a good job so far. Still a ways to go but it has come a long way from Dumars' random spending sprees.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-16-2016, 05:00 PM
Really no head scratcher here lol Harris was not needed in orl with Mario fournier and Gordon stepping up. They got better for the now and gain salary cap.

Didn't Orlando just give Harris an extension? :\

FOXHOUND
02-16-2016, 05:01 PM
If it leads to another move, it'll make more sense. The cap space part is one thing, and I get wanting to open up more playing time for others, but trading a good 23-year for JUST cap space is not smart. His deal is going to be favorable under the new cap on top of it. I don't get how they couldn't get ANY draft picks. Like, ANY?

Another great move by Detroit on taking advantage by getting another good young player for free, basically.

5ass
02-16-2016, 05:01 PM

As opposed to letting him go for nothing? Why not sign him and take the chance if you can always trade him for expirings?

Scoots
02-16-2016, 05:02 PM
Fun Fact! All of them used to be teammates on the Bucks at one point.

And none of them played D so off they went :)

I like Harris and the deal is a no brainer for the Pistons. Orlando gets a test drive of a couple erratic players and a significant $ savings.

Positive grades on both sides ... a rarity.

nycericanguy
02-16-2016, 05:04 PM

even if thats the case, you would think Harris would have alot more value than just expirings.

and isn't Fournier a FA? he's going to get paid big time this summer.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 05:09 PM

Yea 1 he was an asset and 2 that was before Mario and Gordon and fournier started playing very well for us, hindsight is always 20 20

Bruno
02-16-2016, 05:11 PM

I get it for Orlando honestly. Aaron Gordon gets to play now, welcome to the spotlight kid!

Get rid of Tobias' contract

I traded for Gordon before the season started in a legacy format. Clarkson and a 3rd for Gordon and a 2nd. Even in non dynasty formats, dude got picked up for all my other leagues last month.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 05:11 PM
Fournier is Rfa

And I'm happy with the trade I really dunno what more we could have got and Im fine with it. Again pressure to win and make playoffs again is being pushed hard here this move does help that

Bruno
02-16-2016, 05:12 PM
what are the Magic doing? I've been quietly rooting for them for over two years. i think I'm going to write 2k words on how their front office is blowing this young core.

nycericanguy
02-16-2016, 05:13 PM
Fournier is Rfa

And I'm happy with the trade I really dunno what more we could have got and Im fine with it. Again pressure to win and make playoffs again is being pushed hard here this move does help that

yea ORL is going to have to pay him a ton or he's out.

u really happy with the trade?...lol, cuz i cant imagine any ORL fan would have said yes to that deal if a DET fan proposed it... it doenst make u any less of a fan to not like every move u know...lol

Bruno
02-16-2016, 05:14 PM
Orlando front office has a classic split personality. draft value! draft value always! what?! the pieces don't fit? our coach wants to win now? trade assets! make the pieces fit at any cost and win now!

its idiotic, pick one route and stick with it.

da ThRONe
02-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Don't understand the Pistons. Harris is not a good 3pt shooter. They have enough scorers on the roster they need shooting. Harris is a career 32% 3pt shooter.

5ass
Orlando front office has a classic split personality. draft value! draft value always! what?! the pieces don't fit? our coach wants to win now? trade assets! make the pieces fit at any cost and win now!

What? Why pick one route? Trades and drafts are both to be used to improve.

How are they blowing the young core? Most magic fans realised Harris was the odd man out. Magic have 6 other guys in Fournier,mario,Gordon,oladipo,payton and vucevic. Too many core players. Most realised Harris wasn't going to be a part of the future.

JWO35
Honestly don't know how SVG pulls these trades off...He's playing 2k with trade override :D

-Traded DJ Augustin & Kyle Singler for Reggie Jackson
-Traded a 2020 2nd round pick for Marcus Morris
-Now he gets Tobias Harris for two expiring contract

sixer04fan
02-16-2016, 05:28 PM

u really happy with the trade?...lol, cuz i cant imagine any ORL fan would have said yes to that deal if a DET fan proposed it... it doenst make u any less of a fan to not like every move u know...lol

Seriously this. And I'm defending the Magic's reasoning for doing the deal. I get it. But there's no denying the value they got for Harris leaves a lot to be desired.

If this trade was proposed on this forum this morning by a Pistons fan, Magic fans would be saying **** no, they'd probably be borderline insulted lol. They can deny it, but we all know it's true.

Again. Almost no one is saying this trade can't work out for the Magic. We get they want cap space and more PT for Gordon. It makes sense. It's logical. But don't be a homer abut it.

5ass
02-16-2016, 05:29 PM
Honestly don't know how SVG pulls these trades off...He's playing 2k with trade override :D

-Traded DJ Augustin & Kyle Singler for Reggie Jackson
-Traded a 2020 2nd round pick for Marcus Morris
-Now he gets Tobias Harris for two expiring contract

Its incredible how much he's done with so little given to him. Jackson, Harris, and Johnson. Three core players added in a couple of years.

macc
02-16-2016, 05:30 PM

Why? Magic have acquired almost to much young talent. You have Aaron Gordon, Mario and Fournier who can put up the same production. Harris was more/less signed so he wouldn't walk away for nothing. The move frees up more PT for Gordon and Mario while giving them an offensive push with Jennings and cap flexibility and 37.2 million in cap space going into the 2016 off season.

There is no single right/wrong way to build a team. The thing I like about Orlando is how they continue to keep flexibility. You now have young talent to watch and see them develop and see who you end up wanting to pay for the long run while having extra cash to pick up a max contract if it works out.

Plus a young team gets 2 vets in the process to help them win in the short term. I think it was a good trade for both teams.

mightymouse407
02-16-2016, 05:30 PM

Yea most magic fans i know are happy with the trade i live in orlando, for me personally im glad tobias is out of here hated resigning him. For everyone saying why would the magic not get a draft pick, well because we are trying to get a star player not another young player who might develop in 3-5yrs we have enough of those type players. We will be big spenders in free agency where we should be able to land a star. Also Fournier will not get a ton, $10 maybe $12mill if he balls out the rest of the yr

macc
02-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Seriously this. And I'm defending the Magic's reasoning for doing the deal. I get it. But there's no denying the value they got for Harris leaves a lot to be desired.

If this trade was proposed on this forum this morning by a Pistons fan, Magic fans would be saying **** no, they'd probably be borderline insulted lol. They can deny it, but we all know it's true.

Again. Almost no one is saying this trade can't work out for the Magic. We get they want cap space and more PT for Gordon. It makes sense. It's logical. But don't be a homer abut it.

You are prob right however most people over value their players. Who really knows what offers were avail on the table that offered vets who can help the team win now, frees up PT for other young players and gives flexibility in cap space in the coming off season.

Not all trades are home runs but at least the key is not to handicap yourself to one or two players that you can't move or eats up your cap. Long story short there is room for error in this trade if it doesn't work out in the short term.

phantasyyy
02-16-2016, 05:36 PM
Yea most magic fans i know are happy with the trade i live in orlando, for me personally im glad tobias is out of here hated resigning him. For everyone saying why would the magic not get a draft pick, well because we are trying to get a star player not another young player who might develop in 3-5yrs we have enough of those type players. We will be big spenders in free agency where we should be able to land a star. Also Fournier will not get a ton, $10 maybe $12mill if he balls out the rest of the yr

umm.. draftpicks are used to get star players though??? lol I mean if they were looknig for cap relief, there were plenty of teams to do the trade with its just crazy to think all the got was two expring contracts. I mean you have the suns asking for a young player AND a pick for Morris.

And major props to SVG, he single handily turned that franchise around in what like 2 years?

Raidaz4Life
02-16-2016, 05:48 PM
Orlando got absolutely owned in this trade. Jennings and Ily have virtually no value whatsoever at this point.

5ass
02-16-2016, 05:50 PM
Orlando got absolutely owned in this trade. Jennings and Ily have virtually no value whatsoever at this point.

Sure, like they got owned in the Howard trade and Afflalo trade. Give hennigan time, he knows what he's doing.

IndyRealist
02-16-2016, 05:54 PM
I"m not going to rub it in, just gonna say this is about what I expected.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-16-2016, 05:55 PM
As opposed to letting him go for nothing? Why not sign him and take the chance if you can always trade him for expirings?

Makes sense, but lets not act like picking up Jennings, and Ersan Illysova are these ground breaking additions. And since that's the case, yeah they shoulda just let him go for nothing, if the big picture, is to eventually start AG or Mario... just seems just like wasted time.

sixer04fan
02-16-2016, 05:55 PM
If Harris was 30, the value ORL got back here would maybe be pretty good... But he's 23

RLundi
02-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Makes sense, but lets not act like picking up Jennings, and Ersan Illysova are these ground breaking additions. And since that's the case, yeah they shoulda just let him go for nothing, if the big picture, is to eventually start AG or Mario... just seems just like wasted time.

100% agree.

5ass
02-16-2016, 05:59 PM

No one is acting like they're "ground breaking additions". Not a waste of time, more like insurance in case Mario/Gordon weren't ready. They ARE only 20 years old, but since they've been playing well lately, time to give them more responsibilities.

nycericanguy
02-16-2016, 06:00 PM

i'd be very surprised if he got 10m or 12m tops like you say. I think 12m is the very low end for him. he's 23 and the cap is jumping this summer.

He'll probably get what Harris just got, somewhere around 15-16m per year.

5ass
02-16-2016, 06:02 PM
i'd be very surprised if he got 10m or 12m tops like you say. I think 12m is the very low end for him. he's 23 and the cap is jumping this summer.

He'll probably get what Harris just got, somewhere around 15-16m per year.

I agree and I'd rather have Fournier at that price than Harris.

IndyRealist
02-16-2016, 06:03 PM

Actually not nothing. They're paying like $15 million for the right to trade him for expirings. Personally I hope Jennings sticks around. With all of the scorers in Orlando, I think he could be a pretty good pass first guy instead of an attack guard.

5ass
02-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Actually not nothing. They're paying like $15 million for the right to trade him for expirings. Personally I hope Jennings sticks around. With all of the scorers in Orlando, I think he could be a pretty good pass first guy instead of an attack guard.

Not really. They're paying for Jennings and Ilyasova who will be logging some minutes. Either way I dont core about that. It's not my money. As long as it doesn't cost the Magic assets to get rid of him, it was a good decision to resign him.

nycericanguy
02-16-2016, 06:10 PM
I agree and I'd rather have Fournier at that price than Harris.

if anything with max salaries jumping this summer and every team with cap but only so many FA's to go around... I could see some team getting desperate and throwing a max at Fournier... like 18-20m.

Anyone who thinks he is signing for 10m is fooling themselves

5ass
02-16-2016, 06:13 PM
if anything with max salaries jumping this summer and every team with cap but only so many FA's to go around... I could see some team getting desperate and throwing a max at Fournier... like 18-20m.

Anyone who thinks he is signing for 10m is fooling themselves

I agree. He's not singning for 10mill. Not sure he'll get 20 mill, maybe 16. I'm fine with that, Fournier has untapped potential. I've always been high on him, and think he's worth it.

CardinalRed24
02-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Nice aggressive move by Detroit in acquiring Harris. I think with the right work ethic/coaching Tobias Harris can continue to grow as a player and initiate himself as one of the more prominent players in this league. I've always been extremely high on Tobias and have faith that he has not yet fully reached his potential.

I think Detroit is a good fit for him and he will surely have a great opportunity to establish himself as a leader on a talented team with hopes of earning a playoff seed. Good move. I hope it all works out.

mngopher35
02-16-2016, 06:23 PM
It is pretty impressive how little SVG has used to get Jackson, Morris, and now Harris. Gotta feel good about taking advantage of value trades as a Pistons fan.

MonroeFAN
02-16-2016, 06:41 PM

This guy doesn't strike me as being close to ready.

Pretty happy as a Detroit fan. We add another young piece for nothing.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 06:44 PM

Number 1 stfu and don't tell me what I am or what I an being. Just because you don't Agree with me doesnt make me a homer .... what was Harris doing this year that makes everyone think he had so much more value?

Plus I'm not the spokesman for the .magic fans, there are plenty of fans who don't care for it in our forum but I'm fine with it. We needed 3pt shooting and scoring from the pg postion and we got that for some one who we played our best ball without the last 3 games in a row ... and if it dont work out we have cap space.

Im no homer I dont like every move

Hated the dwight trade but we for vuc out of it

Hated the redick trade but hey we got Harris from it

Really was pissed about the afflalo trade but ended up fournier was a great grab.

The people trying to talk about value and call ot a head scratcher are people who know nothing about this team and what its lacking

Sandman
02-16-2016, 06:47 PM

They didnt want to lose the asset. Kinda surprised they moved him for two guys with expirings and no picks.

They have a boatload of cap room but unless they think theyre signing KD im not sure what theyll do with it.

Weird move. I like what it does for the team this season. I never really liked Tobias, just figured you could at least get a pick.

Raidaz4Life
02-16-2016, 06:49 PM
The people trying to talk about value and call ot a head scratcher are people who know nothing about this team and what its lacking

Brandon Jennings?

MonroeFAN
02-16-2016, 06:52 PM
To the Duse who said why push for playoffs and not suck for lotto well we as fans may want that but team owners want progress and guys like hennigans jobs are on the line so its not always that easy.

We have been sucking for 4 years now and its time to start improving or else people will lose their jobs.

The trade helps now, gives our guys who have been playing great more PT and saves us money for FA

Aaron Gordon has averaged 7 PPG on 29% shooting in your last 5 games.
Fournier has been hot like this before and it's not really sustainable.
Mario doesn't appear to be any thing special yet.

This is a head scratcher. Forming your roster around a scheme that hasn't worked before is a recipe for disaster. (seriously, Skiles is someone you plan a roster around?)

IndyRealist
02-16-2016, 06:54 PM
This guy doesn't strike me as being close to ready.

Pretty happy as a Detroit fan. We add another young piece for nothing.

Like I said about the Magic, it's not nothing. Now you're saddled with a large, long term contract based on potential instead of production. It might look really good in a year or two, or he could end up riding pine and choking up your cap.

MonroeFAN
02-16-2016, 06:55 PM
Number 1 stfu and don't tell me what I am or what I an being. Just because you don't Agree with me doesnt make me a homer .... what was Harris doing this year that makes everyone think he had so much more value?

Tough guy on the loose.
:mad:

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 06:55 PM
Brandon Jennings?

I don't get your point.... our pg play is not good sure Payton is promising and all and played good defense but he can't shoot a jumper or a three at all. Which basically gives our two and three no spacing because defenders don't respect Payton's jumper.

Jennings can shoot and can score he has proven that he is still 26 I believe he isn't an old man. We need that alot

And the biggest thing people don't see to get is that Harris wasn't doing anything this year he was truly not existent most games .... people are talking about his value like he is dropping 25 ppg

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 06:57 PM
Tough guy on the loose.
:mad:

No tough guy but i think I'm aloud to have a diff opinion then the other dude and because my opinion. Is diff doesn't make me a homer just as much as it doesn't make him a hater its just his opinion

MonroeFAN
02-16-2016, 06:58 PM
Edit : You're right, hey man, if you think this is a good trade I'm happy for you. I'm happy to add another piece. Hopefully Jennings and Illy do well for you.

Corey
02-16-2016, 06:59 PM
Sign a player to a big contract and trade him away at the very next deadline.

That definitely instills faith in the locker room, lol

IndyRealist
02-16-2016, 07:01 PM
I don't get your point.... our pg play is not good sure Payton is promising and all and played good defense but he can't shoot a jumper or a three at all. Which basically gives are two and three no spacing because defenders don't respect Payton's jumper.

Jennings can shoot and can score he has proven that he is still 26 I believe he isn't an old man. We need that alot

And the biggest thing people don't see to get is that Harris wasn't doing anything this year he was truly not existent most games .... people are talking about his value like he is dropping 25 ppg

Pretty sure that's due to 5ass talking up Harris for the last week.

What Jennings DOES NOT do well is shoot and score. Sub 50% TS is not good. better than Elfrid? Yes, but that's a pretty low bar.

Sandman
02-16-2016, 07:02 PM

This is a head scratcher. Forming your roster around a scheme that hasn't worked before is a recipe for disaster. (seriously, Skiles is someone you plan a roster around?)

I dont care about the last 5 games, youre making it sound like Hennigan saw the dunk contest and went OMG more playing time.

Gordon deserves more time, period.

Then theres Channing Frye who they overpaid but can fill most of the role vacated by Tobias. He can shoot better from the 3 and open the floor.

I agree that Fournier is just red hot and Mario isnt ready - thats why the backcourt isnt as crowded as it looks with Jennings.

Tobias is one of those players with a lot of raw talent and size that has no niche on the court. Not a good enough jumper to truly spread the floor.

They get deeper in the backcourt and stay around the same in the front court with Frye getting more minutes.

The weird thing is that its a 2 month move. Not sure what they got planned.

5ass
02-16-2016, 07:02 PM

Gordon as a starter has shot 42% averaging a double double, 2.4 apg, and playing great defense. Yes he's missed some threes, but why did you take such a small sample size and completely ignore the other games he was a starter?

Fournier is a little inconsistent like most 23 year olds. Problem is he was carrying our offense, and was guarding guys like PG, LeBron, KD, ect. Doing a solid job for the most part. Also was leading the league in minutes and distance ran on the court. He got injured and tried to come back to find consistency on a young inconsistent team. With a coach that was looking for different line ups.

I doubt you've seen enough of Mario to say he isn't anything special. Even I haven't. He's been playing well for a rookie lately. His defense and play making has improved big time in a short period. He's still getting comfortable

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-16-2016, 07:05 PM
No one is acting like they're "ground breaking additions". Not a waste of time, more like insurance in case Mario/Gordon weren't ready. They ARE only 20 years old, but since they've been playing well lately, time to give them more responsibilities.

I get what your sayin... Tobias stays put if Mario and AG were flops?

5ass
02-16-2016, 07:06 PM
Pretty sure that's due to 5ass talking up Harris for the last week.

What Jennings DOES NOT do well is shoot and score. Sub 50% TS is not good. better than Elfrid? Yes, but that's a pretty low bar.

Pretty sure I was unbiased in my assessment, but if you feel I was wrong somewhere go ahead and quote me.

When people say Harris doesn't play defense, or hasn't improved his shooting.. yes, I'm going to inform them that they're wrong.

MonroeFAN
02-16-2016, 07:06 PM
Just for the record.

Landed Tolliver for Tony Mitchell
Jackson for DJ Augustine, Singler & a 2nd.
Marcus Morris for nothing.
Illy for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams.
Tobias for Illy and Jennings expirings

Starting 5+1 when SVG took over

Jennings, KCP, Singler, Monroe, Drummond and a bunch of useless crap

now

Jackson, KCP, Morris, Harris, Drummond + Johnson

MonroeFAN
02-16-2016, 07:07 PM
Gordon as a starter has shot 42% averaging a double double, 2.4 apg, and playing great defense. Yes he's missed some threes, but why did you take such a small sample size and completely ignore the other games he was a starter?

Because other people are doing the same with Harris.

You're right, my Mario comment was made based purely on what I've seen of him (brief) and stats.

Raidaz4Life
I don't get your point.... our pg play is not good sure Payton is promising and all and played good defense but he can't shoot a jumper or a three at all. Which basically gives our two and three no spacing because defenders don't respect Payton's jumper.

Jennings is only shooting 36% in catch and shoot situations playing for a very shooter friendly coach. I'm not even suggesting Harris is some other worldly fit for your team that you guys couldn't live without. I'm saying he was an asset that essentially netted you guys nothing in return. You would be just as well off if you had never signed him which is pretty bad for being half a year into a 4 year extension.

5ass
I get what your sayin... Tobias stays put if Mario and AG were flops?

Most likely yes IMO.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 07:11 PM
Sign a player to a big contract and trade him away at the very next deadline.

That definitely instills faith in the locker room, lol

If this was true no teams would wanna play anywhere happens all the time.

I honestly think he knew he would be traded when he signed. I remember hearing the Knicks and the pistons were teams interested in him when he was an RFA I honestly think we signed him and told him we would trade him when we could he has seemed off all year to me not the same player he was from last year and there was supposedly beef with him and skiles in Milwaukee but they swear they were all fine here yet he gets traded before the deadline. I just think there was more to it

IndyRealist
02-16-2016, 07:14 PM
Pretty sure I was unbiased in my assessment, but if you feel I was wrong somewhere go ahead and quote me.

When people say Harris doesn't play defense, or hasn't improved his shooting.. yes, I'm going to inform them that they're wrong.
I didn't say you were wrong, I said you were talking him up.

MonroeFAN
02-16-2016, 07:14 PM
Here's my question. Why gameplan around Scott Skiles?

If it is in fact true that there was "beef".

5ass
02-16-2016, 07:15 PM
Because other people are doing the same with Harris.

You're right, my Mario comment was made based purely on what I've seen of him (brief) and stats.

Didn't see where others are doing the same with Harris, but what I'm saying is you cherry picked a stat to make a point. 29% shooting last 5 games isn't unusual for a 20 yr old, but what you failed to mention is he was grabbing double digit rebounds and playing draymond green like defense. seriously, how many players can guard Duncan and Diaw in the post and switch onto Kawhi and defend him well? That doesn't show up in the stats though.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Kh5NmklNg

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Jennings is only shooting 36% in catch and shoot situations playing for a very shooter friendly coach. I'm not even suggesting Harris is some other worldly fit for your team that you guys couldn't live without. I'm saying he was an asset that essentially netted you guys nothing in return. You would be just as well off if you had never signed him which is pretty bad for being half a year into a 4 year extension.

Are those Jennings shooting stats for just this year? Because he was injured and then came back to back up Reggie Jackson so I feel like that's a small sample size of how he can shoot at times. Again people saying we could get more for Harris although they probably haven't been watching the magic this year and seeing what Harris has done he hasn't really done much of anything and he doesn't even seem to really try in my opinion. I'm completely fine with the fact that we traded him one year into his contract and got out of the remaining 45 million dollar owned

5ass
02-16-2016, 07:17 PM
I didn't say you were wrong, I said you were talking him up.

Trying to inform people about Tobias' game. Let's be honest not many non-Magic fans watch the Magic, and most here like to claim they know more about them than they actually do.

macc
02-16-2016, 07:18 PM

If nothing means moving a player not in the long term team plans to give 2 top 5 draft pic players more PT who have potentially higher ceilings. Getting 2 vets to help a young group make a playoff push and more offense at the one position while giving yourself even more cap space (37.2 million) in the coming off season. Then I guess I"ll take nothing then. If that is how you define it.

Reality is you keep Harris, say his potential drops or he stays where he is. Now you have close to 70 million you are paying him the next 4 years. This hinders your flexibility to sign other players or resign your high potential players. Fornier has been the break out player this year for Orlando who has at least matched (if not surpassed) Harris' contribution. So it's not like you're losing ppg at that position.

Some people who look at these trades look at them from a very short sighted perspective. Orlando was declared the trade loser in essentially all their last few trades the last 3 years and ended up being the winner in the long run. I have alot of trust in Henny at this point. His only questionable move so far in my opinion was signing Frye. But I'm not going to bash him to hard because Orlando badly needed shooting.

Corey
02-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Just for the record.

now

Impressive, to be honest. I love what Detroit is doing.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 07:23 PM
Here's my question. Why gameplan around Scott Skiles?

If it is in fact true that there was "beef".

Well I mean at the time we didn't even know if Tobias would resign because he might have gotten overpaid elsewhere.

And who knows maybe at first they thought they could work past their differences but if you ask me Harris value was at an all time low usually when you're trying to trade somebody you showcase them inflate their stats make him look better where I feel Tobias wasn't really trying hard and we weren't really giving him the ball enough to showcase him

MonroeFAN
02-16-2016, 07:23 PM
Didn't see where others are doing the same with Harris, but what I'm saying is you cherry picked a stat to make a point. 29% shooting last 5 games isn't unusual for a 20 yr old, but what you failed to mention is he was grabbing double digit rebounds and playing draymond green like defense. seriously, how many players can guard Duncan and Diaw in the post and switch onto Kawhi and defend him well? That doesn't show up in the stats though.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Kh5NmklNg

I definitely did cherry pick a stat, and trust me I know he's impressive on defense. But he is yet to show any major consistency on either side of the ball. You guys just had an 8 game losing streak and these players that you are 'making room' for weren't very good for most of it.

I'm glad he had a good game against SA, it's easy to get excited when that happens with young players. I completely understand and I do it to. He probably will end up being a stud. I also don't blame you guys for moving on from Harris, just figure you could have netted a nicer return.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 07:29 PM
I definitely did cherry pick a stat, and trust me I know he's impressive on defense. But he is yet to show any major consistency on either side of the ball. You guys just had an 8 game losing streak and every player of yours that you're "making room for" was awful during it for the most part.

I'm glad he had a good game against SA, it's easy to get excited when that happens with young players. I completely understand and I do it to.

We did just have an 8 game losing streak but the funny part is the past three games when Harris missed them all because of a sprained ankle we won two of them and barely lost the third to the Spurs on a Leonard jumper in the end and we played better then I've seen all year ... I felt moving Harris was a must

MonroeFAN
02-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Right on. I'll admit, I was surprised when you guys resigned him.

Good luck moving forward fellas.

5ass
02-16-2016, 07:32 PM
I definitely did cherry pick a stat, and trust me I know he's impressive on defense. But he is yet to show any major consistency on either side of the ball. You guys just had an 8 game losing streak and every player of yours that you're "making room for" was awful during it for the most part.

I'm glad he had a good game against SA, it's easy to get excited when that happens with young players. I completely understand and I do it to.

20 years old man, he's younger than Mario and porzingis. Yes he can struggle sometimes, and yes overall he's probably not a very good player yet. That's true with most 20 yr olds. I don't consider Wiggins very good right now (as an NBA player). But he's a better fit right now and it's time to give him the playing time he needs to grow and find his way as a player. It's not all on him to fill Tobias' shoes. It'll be a group effort, and one needed for others to thrive.

I'm not getting excited over one game. I've been saying he has draymond green potential since his first summer league.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 07:33 PM
Gordon does way more then stats will ever show he KS just everywhere at all times. He needs to work on his shot and he is going to be promising .... Mario is as raw as raw gets but he turned a corner the past few weeks especially those past 3 games Harris was out. He has such a lethal 3 when he gets more of a leash and starts letting it fly more he will start turning heads

*Superman*
02-16-2016, 07:34 PM
Tobias just didn't fit in anymore, plain and simple. He might be the best player out of all 3 guys involved, but with the youth the Magic have, we needed to add some parts to make the team whole. First of all this will open up more playing time for Gordon/Fournier/Mario. Adding BJ is a gamble, but with Payton's offense being nearly non-existent, we needed that scoring punch badly, especially considering the amount of close games we have lost this season. Frye never really worked out IMO, so adding Ersan, another stretch 4 is a chance at redemption.

Sactown
02-16-2016, 07:35 PM
One of those moves where you'll never really know how it'll pan out,

I'm not sure what value he had before this trade occured, I thought it was higher than a salary dump, but maybe I was wrong, or maybe Orlando is trying to make another move before the end of the deadline that they needed cap for.

But at the end of the day , salary dumping a guy you just signed recently isn't encouraging

5ass
02-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Right on. I'll admit, I was surprised when you guys resigned him.

Good luck moving forward fellas.

Good luck to the pistons too. I was already a fan of the pistons, but now i'll watch them even more now. I want to see if I overrated Harris. I think he can be your second leading scorer/third best player. I'm happy for him, and think he'll be with the pistons for a long time.

5ass
02-16-2016, 07:41 PM
Tobias just didn't fit in anymore, plain and simple. He might be the best player out of all 3 guys involved, but with the youth the Magic have, we needed to add some parts to make the team whole. First of all this will open up more playing time for Gordon/Fournier/Mario. Adding BJ is a gamble, but with Payton's offense being nearly non-existent, we needed that scoring punch badly, especially considering the amount of close games we have lost this season. Frye never really worked out IMO, so adding Ersan, another stretch 4 is a chance at redemption.

Am I the only one who sees how good Frye was for us at the beginning of the season? Lol

MonroeFAN
02-16-2016, 07:41 PM
20 years old man, he's younger than Mario and porzingis. Yes he can struggle sometimes, and yes overall he's probably not a very good player yet. That's true with most 20 yr olds. I don't consider Wiggins very good right now (as an NBA player). But he's a better fit right now and it's time to give him the playing time he needs to grow and find his way as a player. It's not all on him to fill Tobias' shoes. It'll be a group effort, and one needed for others to thrive.

I'm not getting excited over one game. I've been saying he has draymond green potential since his first summer league.

Sorry I'm not trying to belittle you there by suggesting you're getting excited after one game. I know you guys are heady B-Ball fans. But Harris is only 23, fair to suggest he's shown some promise during his time?

Sandman
02-16-2016, 07:42 PM
One of those moves where you'll never really know how it'll pan out,

I'm not sure what value he had before this trade occured, I thought it was higher than a salary dump, but maybe I was wrong, or maybe Orlando is trying to make another move before the end of the deadline that they needed cap for.

But at the end of the day , salary dumping a guy you just signed recently isn't encouraging

This is the confusing part for me, what they plan on doing in the offseason with all this cap space and Jennings/Ilyasova. I thought they could at least get a 10-20 pick or something.

I'm not really worried about dumping a guy they just signed, I don't think they planned on keeping him for long then either.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Sorry I'm not trying to belittle you there by suggesting you're getting excited after one game. I know you guys are heady B-Ball fans. But Harris is only 23, fair to suggest he's shown some promise during his time?

This year no ... he has went backwards IMO

5ass
02-16-2016, 07:46 PM

Considering he's always been ahead of most players his age yes... pretty sure Tobias dropped 30-20 against the bucks when he was only 21. Lol. Underutilized this year for sure. Improved his passing, defenses, and off the ball scoring this season. Still time for his shot to become consistent. High work ethic and character. Don't see why he doesn't improve. You can find more of what I think about him in the tuhbayyis Harris thread in the main forum.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 07:47 PM
@sactown

Not encouraging? Its more like it wasn't surprising at all, that's what i mean about people who don't watch this team not understanding.

Past month we have been talking about Harris needing to be traded in our forum and he has been atop the list of players to move. Its not surprising at all

5ass
02-16-2016, 07:49 PM
This year no ... he has went backwards IMO

I disagree man. The 3 pt shooting %s ok he regressed this season, and he may never shoot 36% again, but I think he's better than 32% shooter. Also see some other areas of improvement.

Sandman

Not to say he'll never get any better, but I don't think a lot of people look at Harris and see untapped potential.

Stunner
I don't expect Jennings or Illy to be in Orlando next season , Jennings won't stay and Illyasova contract only due 400k

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 07:54 PM
I disagree man. The 3 pt shooting %s ok he regressed this season, and he may never shoot 36% again, but I think he's better than 32% shooter. Also see some other areas of improvement.

Meh he seems very much like someone who played very well last year to get paid and then chilled out this year and didnt care nearly as much

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 07:55 PM
I don't expect Jennings or Illy to be in Orlando next season , Jennings won't stay and Illyasova contract only due 400k

Yea I agree and im fine with that

Stunner
02-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Yea I agree and im fine with that

Hell I think you guys could have gotten a pick from us just doing Noah and Kirk for Harris lol

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 08:11 PM
Tru dat lol

phantasyyy
02-16-2016, 08:12 PM
Just for the record.

now

Morris and Harris are pretty much interchangable at the 3/4 as well.. Major heist imo for the Pistons. SVG really setting an example for how to handle the dual GM + Coach role.

Sactown
02-16-2016, 08:17 PM
@sactown

Not encouraging? Its more like it wasn't surprising at all, that's what i mean about people who don't watch this team not understanding.

Past month we have been talking about Harris needing to be traded in our forum and he has been atop the list of players to move. Its not surprising at all

Bro I'm not saying it's surprising they traded him now, I'm saying this summer when you signed him it's not like you signed him to a 4/60 deal thinking youd dump him 7 months later for basically nothing.. that's discouraging.. by agreeing with this trade you're also agreeing with the premise that it was a mistake to sign him last summer.

Trading away 23 year old players with some potential and decent output for nothing isn't encouraging

Vinylman
02-16-2016, 08:20 PM
9 pages on an irrelevant trade

well done PSD

Aust
02-16-2016, 08:22 PM
I've got a question for Orlando fans: If you were asked one week ago by a Piston fan if you would do this trade, would you honestly pull the trigger or would you decline and hope for something else?

Sactown
02-16-2016, 08:29 PM
I've got a question for Orlando fans: If you were asked one week ago by a Piston fan if you would do this trade, would you honestly pull the trigger or would you decline and hope for something else?

Anyone who says yes is lying to themselves you'd hope for a 1st and expirings

5ass
02-16-2016, 08:30 PM

I would've liked a first or a rim protector, but I'm not going to cry about not getting a 20ish pick, and I'm not sure there are any rim protectors available for trade. Other than that it fills a need in that we got a back up PG, and a player who is a better fit. Also like macc said all fans over value their players.

sixer04fan
02-16-2016, 08:31 PM

Plus I'm not the spokesman for the .magic fans, there are plenty of fans who don't care for it in our forum but I'm fine with it. We needed 3pt shooting and scoring from the pg postion and we got that for some one who we played our best ball without the last 3 games in a row ... and if it dont work out we have cap space.

Im no homer I dont like every move

Hated the dwight trade but we for vuc out of it

Hated the redick trade but hey we got Harris from it

Really was pissed about the afflalo trade but ended up fournier was a great grab.

Lol. You really took that up a notch. Sheesh. My bad, I'll never use the "h" word again.

I literally said the deal makes sense for the Magic. I understand the reasoning and it can end up being a net positive.

mngopher35
02-16-2016, 08:38 PM

There was recently a thread on him if you wanna look at what people were thinking value wise (currently on page 2). Main Atlanta guys were mentioned, Crowder or Smart were mentioned as were others (and not only by magic fans some were offers/discussions). I think most thought he had higher value for sure.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 08:57 PM

I prob would have declined it hopes for something else ... not a pick really cause no one is giving up a valued pick for Harris anyway.

This trade is just a win win imo ... with the play of fournier and Gordon and Mario I wanted to get rid of Harris cause he was making 15 mill over 4 years and we had other guys I'd rather play over him and use that money elsewhere in FA . So we kick the tires on jennings and ersan who played his best ball underskiles see what happens make a late playoff seed maybe not that doesnt matters to me cause we will lose in first round anyway. But it will plz management

But if it doesn't work out we just cleared cap space and in happy with that too.

People keep saying "why sign Harris in off season" his only suitors were the kings maybe they didn't offer him what he wanted or maybe he didn't wanna go there idk maybe he signed knowing we would look to move him before deadline. Also hennigan couldn't see the future when he resigned Harris, he couldn't know then that Gordon and fournier were going to step up and make resigning Harris not needed.

Its easy to look back now and say that

MonroeFAN
02-16-2016, 09:03 PM
9 pages on an irrelevant trade

well done PSD

wat?

Jeffy25
02-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Aaron Gordon gets to play, that's a good thing.

Magic will I guess have some cap room in free agency this year?

Magic have to have another move moving some guards still this year
Jennings, Payton, Hezonja, Oladipo, Napier, Watson, Fournier, and Marble

That's a lot. Payton, Oladipo, Hezonja, and Fournier are probably four guards to keep and build around. Marble and Watson are fine for depth, I guess. Jennings is useless to this roster though. I think the Magic will start giving more minutes to Hezonja moving forward, his recent games against the Celtics and Hawks were pretty good. I'd love to see he and Gordon on the court more with Vucevic, Payton, and Oladipo. Fournier the first off the bench

I would move Napier and Jennings and get whatever you can for the next draft (second round picks or whatever).

Stunner
02-16-2016, 09:38 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers are nearing agreement on a deal to acquire Orlando's Channing Frye, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Clippers would Lance Stephenson in a deal with Magic, but league sources say Clippers probing another deal elsewhere with Stephenson too.

Clippers could turn back to Orlando and complete Frye deal that would include Stephenson, CJ Wilcox and possibly a future 2nd rounder.

Sources: For tonight, Clippers holding back on finalizing Frye deal with Orlando. Clippers plans to give Orlando final word on Wednesday.

Sources: Clippers are working on a bigger deal using Stephenson's contract, but that is a longshot. Most likely scenario still Orlando deal.

5ass
02-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Expected us to trade Frye. Ilyasova is an upgrade, but clippers could use him with griffin out. Like I said Frye played well for us this season and after this year its 2 yrs 7 mill/yr. Shouldn't be hard to move...

5ass
02-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Aaron Gordon gets to play, that's a good thing.

Magic will I guess have some cap room in free agency this year?

Magic have to have another move moving some guards still this year
Jennings, Payton, Hezonja, Oladipo, Napier, Watson, Fournier, and Marble

That's a lot. Payton, Oladipo, Hezonja, and Fournier are probably four guards to keep and build around. Marble and Watson are fine for depth, I guess. Jennings is useless to this roster though. I think the Magic will start giving more minutes to Hezonja moving forward, his recent games against the Celtics and Hawks were pretty good. I'd love to see he and Gordon on the court more with Vucevic, Payton, and Oladipo. Fournier the first off the bench

I would move Napier and Jennings and get whatever you can for the next draft (second round picks or whatever).
Watson needs 6 months to recover from an ankle sprain. You really can't count on him. Marble doesn't play. Napier should be in the d-league. There's a reason we used rookie Mario at back up PG for some stretches this year, and called up d-league PG Keith Appling.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 09:48 PM
Lance Stephenson lol good stuff will be funny too see

5ass
02-16-2016, 09:51 PM
Lance Stephenson lol good stuff will be funny too see

We'd just cut him. He's expiring, or team option, or unguaranteed or something. So it's just more capspace.

IndyRealist
02-16-2016, 10:02 PM
We'd just cut him. He's expiring, or team option, or unguaranteed or something. So it's just more capspace.

Team option. He's a really good trade chip.

Stunner
02-16-2016, 10:02 PM
Sources: If Frye deal to Clippers goes through on Wednesday, Stephenson would never play a game for Orlando. Magic will waive him.

5ass
02-16-2016, 10:23 PM
So if this Frye deal goes through that's almost 56-60 million in capspace. I knew to trust hennigan. Going into next off season we'll have to extend Fournier, but we'll have the option to choose among other FAs in case he gets overpaid. Hennigan made these trades to increase flexibility. If Jennings and ilyasova help us make the play offs, that's a good selling point in FA.

Stunner
02-16-2016, 10:28 PM
The Magic reportedly offered Nikola Vucevic & Aaron Gordon to the Clippers for Blake Griffin. (via @DavidBaumannORL)

5ass
02-16-2016, 10:36 PM
The Magic reportedly offered Nikola Vucevic & Aaron Gordon to the Clippers for Blake Griffin. (via @DavidBaumannORL)

This one I don't like lol. The value is fine, I don't like Blake and I'm high on AG. Anyway Rivers came out and said he's not trading Blake, no?

sixer04fan
02-16-2016, 10:40 PM
So if this Frye deal goes through that's almost 56-60 million in capspace. I knew to trust hennigan. Going into next off season we'll have to extend Fournier, but we'll have the option to choose among other FAs in case he gets overpaid. Hennigan made these trades to increase flexibility.

Agreed. That's why this deal could make sense for ORL, even though the return was underwhelming.

Not sure why I was called a "hater" for saying this. Who exactly am I hating on to say they probably wish they could've gotten more for Harris? It's a compliment to Harris, so not him. Brandon Jennings? My bad for insulting Jennings' value and talents like that. Lol

IndyRealist
02-16-2016, 10:40 PM

Man Orlando going all in.

RLundi
02-16-2016, 10:43 PM

Lol I really hope this isn't true. Is Otis Smith back at the helm...?

5ass
02-16-2016, 10:48 PM
Payton
Dipo
Fournier/Mario
Griffin
Horford

?

Stunner
02-16-2016, 10:54 PM
Payton
Dipo
Fournier/Mario
Griffin
Horford

?

Monster

RLundi
02-16-2016, 10:56 PM

Payton
Dipo
Fournier/Mario
Griffin
Horford

?

I don't like it. Still only one shooter from outside. Oladipo and Payton are just a bad fit. One of them has to go. I'd rather start Fournier and have Dipo as 6th man or trade him.

And for the record, I'm in favor of keeping Vuc and Gordon. Not a big fan of Blake (he's a FA in a year) and Horford is gonna be on the wrong side of 30 very soon.

I'd prefer the status quo!

RLundi
02-16-2016, 11:01 PM

Payton
Dipo
Fournier/Mario
Griffin
Horford

?

Vucevic
Gordon
Barnes
Oladipo
Conley

Dream scenario.

5ass
02-16-2016, 11:04 PM
I don't like it. Still only one shooter from outside. Oladipo and Payton are just a bad fit. One of them has to go. I'd rather start Fournier and have Dipo as 6th man or trade him.

And for the record, I'm in favor of keeping Vuc and Gordon. Not a big fan of Blake (he's a FA in a year) and Horford is gonna be on the wrong side of 30 very soon.

I'd prefer the status quo!

oladipo has been shooting like 40+% from 3 after his bad start. He's inconsistent, but oladipo and Payton should work eventually. I have faith in oladipo being a good shooter as soon as next season. Payton is improving too, he's shooting 36% from three and made twice as many threes as last year in just 47 games. I don't think it'll be as bad as you're making it out to be, but yeah you can always move oladipo to the bench. Still enough minutes for everyone.

Anyway I don't like the griffin trade either, and would rather keep AG and Vucevic. AG is the same age group as Payton/Mario would like to have him develop here. Vucevic is making back up center money at 11.7 mill. Keep him and sign Horford that would be better.

5ass
02-16-2016, 11:07 PM
I don't like that team Rlundi. That's your dream scenario? We signed conley and Barnes where did Payton, Mario and Fournier go? How about we just keep everyone and add KD lol?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 11:16 PM
Agreed. That's why this deal could make sense for ORL, even though the return was underwhelming.

Not sure why I was called a "hater" for saying this. Who exactly am I hating on to say they probably wish they could've gotten more for Harris? It's a compliment to Harris, so not him. Brandon Jennings? My bad for insulting Jennings' value and talents like that. Lol

Bro I didn't call u a hater lol I said calling me a homer cause of my opinion would be like me calling you a hater for your opinion. Wasn't saying u were a hater at all.

I didn't like being told I was defending the trade cause im a homer ... I dont hate the trade and I dont love it I just don't see where everyone thinks Harris should have gotten us so much more. All I know after this season we are going to have guys like

Payton, Oladipo, Gordon, Vucevic, Mario. We will have the right to match any deal for fournier. And we will have close to 60 mil in cap space. Who knows if we get lucky but its worth a shot

5ass
02-16-2016, 11:19 PM
The other thread says magic-knicks-clippers trying to work out a deal. What if... Trade Payton, and maybe Fournier for melo.

Oladipo
Mario
Melo
Griffin
FA (Horford/Ezeli/ect.)

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 11:21 PM
Hate that Blake trade .... yuck ...

And rlundi how is conley and Barnes your dream situation? Lol u that high on Barnes? I like him but I have not seen enough to meet what his demands may be in free agency

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 11:23 PM
I wish kd would consider lol he won't tho

Payton
Dipo
KD
Gordon
Vuc

Lol

RLundi
02-16-2016, 11:24 PM

I don't like that team Rlundi. That's your dream scenario? We signed conley and Barnes where did Payton, Mario and Fournier go? How about we just keep everyone and add KD lol?

Lol yeah I don't expect Durant to even consider us but I think we have a great chance at two of Horford, Barnes, Conley and Ryan Anderson. Conley gives us that shooting PG that we desperately need and Barnes gives us the athleticism, shooting and defense that we've lacked at SF since Harris came over. Honestly, I think he can be a star.

In that scenario, Payton and Hezonja are on the bench. They aren't at good enough to demand a starting spot. If we really want to compete, these FAs are much better. Eventually, one of Oladipo, Fournier and Hezonja will have to be the odd man out. Since Hezonja is still a cheap rookie and Oladipo our best wing player, my money's on Fournier seeing the door, especially since he'll get paid a ton this summer.

EDIT: I don't expect any of this to happen, but I could def see it and I think that team would be in the upper echelon of the East.

5ass
02-16-2016, 11:31 PM
Lol yeah I don't expect Durant to even consider us but I think we have a great chance at two of Horford, Barnes, Conley and Ryan Anderson. Conley gives us that shooting PG that we desperately need and Barnes gives us the athleticism, shooting and defense that we've lacked at SF since Harris came over. Honestly, I think he can be a star.

In that scenario, Payton and Hezonja are on the bench. They aren't at good enough to demand a starting spot. If we really want to compete, these FAs are much better. Eventually, one of Oladipo, Fournier and Hezonja will have to be the odd man out. Since Hezonja is still a cheap rookie and Oladipo our best wing player, my money's on Fournier seeing the door, especially since he'll get paid a ton this summer.

EDIT: I don't expect any of this to happen, but I could def see it and I think that team would be in the upper echelon of the East.

I think we're good with oladipo, Fournier, hezonja. Hezonja will play SF, and Oladipo will play PG. Hezonja looks like he has very good court vision. He can run an offense as a secondary ball handler. Still has to improve his handles, but his vision is ahead of where I thought it would be. Good enough for Skiles to experiment with him at back up PG, which he did a month or two ago.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2016, 11:51 PM
Seems pple think fournier is staying moving forward ...

I'd love to see us sign conley and horford. Either play Gordon at the 3 with horford at the 4 or trade vuc and play horford at center with Gordon at 4

Conley/Payton
Dipo/Mario
Gordon/fournier
Horford
Vuc

Conley/Payton
Dipo/Mario
Fournier
Gordon
Horford

5ass
02-17-2016, 12:04 AM
Hennigan making some ballsy moves. It seemed he was playing it really safe so far... haha, but this is interesting. Let's see what happens next off season.

Blink
02-17-2016, 12:17 AM
Damn Orlando unloading and not touching their core.

They have one of my favorite prospects in Mario. If they could land Horford look out.

As far as Payton/Dipo backcourt give it time

Chronz
02-17-2016, 12:47 AM

That trade really only makes sense if we trade DJ too. If reports are true, thank god the Clips denied it.

Its going to take a wing and an interior guy to snatch one of the best PF prospects of all-time on this team.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-17-2016, 01:27 AM
I heard vuc would have been dealt to a 3rd team

THE MTL
02-17-2016, 03:29 AM
It seems like the Magic did bad but I guarantee you that they come out winners lol. We said the same time about the Howard trade and they came out as the winners while every other team la, philly, and Denver got raped. And then they made Portland look like fools in the Afflao trade too.

5ass
02-17-2016, 04:04 AM
It seems like the Magic did bad but I guarantee you that they come out winners lol. We said the same time about the Howard trade and they came out as the winners while every other team la, philly, and Denver got raped. And then they made Portland look like fools in the Afflao trade too.

Magic traded Afflalo to Denver, but yes it was a good trade.

Thinking about it more from the pistons perspective it was a great deal value wise, but do pistons fans like the fit? It seems like they should make more trades. Jennings was contributing as a back up PG, and in terms of shooting they just down-graded from ilyasova to Harris. I think they need to add shooting and a back up PG. Maybe they're not done.

kobe4thewinbang
02-17-2016, 04:52 AM
Why the hell did the Magic do this? They just gave Harris that big contract. Jennings is going through a player identity transition so I'm told and Ilyasova is a poor-poor man's Dirk.

PhillyFaninLA
02-17-2016, 07:16 AM
Lol. You really took that up a notch. Sheesh. My bad, I'll never use the "h" word again.

I literally said the deal makes sense for the Magic. I understand the reasoning and it can end up being a net positive.

Homer homer homer....he is so smart, he is so smart...SMRT...

Blink
02-17-2016, 07:23 AM
Why the hell did the Magic do this? They just gave Harris that big contract. Jennings is going through a player identity transition so I'm told and Ilyasova is a poor-poor man's Dirk.

Cap space. I'm a young fella so I'd like someone to find the youngest team to win a championship. It takes veterans. Which means it takes time. Who saved the day for GS last year? Was it a 22 year old Iguodala?

I don't understand why people hate this for Orlando. Young core. Gotta pay one so you have to give up a solid piece to keep a younger/ bigger piece. Detroit will run into the same problem down the road.

They have a franchise in Florida....that sells itself. Alot of teams have money this year but not many in Florida. They got the money/core to atleast make somebody think about it.

Big market means nothing nowadays. LA/NY are not signing all the top FA's anymore. Why the hell not get your name in the mix? Orlando got all the combinations to mix a S&T or whatever.

kobe4thewinbang
02-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Cap space. I'm a young fella so I'd like someone to find the youngest team to win a championship. It takes veterans. Which means it takes time. Who saved the day for GS last year? Was it a 22 year old Iguodala?

I don't understand why people hate this for Orlando. Young core. Gotta pay one so you have to give up a solid piece to keep a younger/ bigger piece. Detroit will run into the same problem down the road.

They have a franchise in Florida....that sells itself. Alot of teams have money this year but not many in Florida. They got the money/core to atleast make somebody think about it.

Big market means nothing nowadays. LA/NY are not signing all the top FA's anymore. Why the hell not get your name in the mix? Orlando got all the combinations to mix a S&T or whatever.I don't know what to think. I just thought Harris was one of their prospects and all that jazz.

nycericanguy
02-17-2016, 10:11 AM

true but there are no young players in these trades with potential. Jennings & Sova are what they are and likely wont even be back next year.

Seems Hennigan was all about cap space, so we'll see if he can put that cap space to better use than Harris/Frye.

Still odd that no one would give a 1st and an expiring for Harris. you can never have enough 1st's when it comes to trying to trade for a star later on.

If I was ORL I would have tried to get McBuckets from CHI for Harris, they could use a deadly shooter like him and I'm sure CHI would have LOVED to get Harris. Would have added very little cap since Mcderm is on a rookie deal... Noah included as the expiring.

ewing
02-17-2016, 11:03 AM
Magic traded Afflalo to Denver, but yes it was a good trade.

Thinking about it more from the pistons perspective it was a great deal value wise, but do pistons fans like the fit? It seems like they should make more trades. Jennings was contributing as a back up PG, and in terms of shooting they just down-graded from ilyasova to Harris. I think they need to add shooting and a back up PG. Maybe they're not done.

Steve Blake is a solid backup PG. I prefer him to Jenninings :shrug:

MonroeFAN
02-17-2016, 11:12 AM
Many of us prefer Blake to Jennings. I would seek an upgrade over either myself and I think Stan agrees.

ewing
02-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Many of us prefer Blake to Jennings. I would seek an upgrade over either myself and I think Stan agrees.

I don't think thats a priority at all. Would be nice but there aren't many better backup PGs in the league. Who is out there that you me gunning for? Ramon Sessions, Jack next year? I think the Pistons are fine at the PG.

This think this deal comes down to what you think of a Harris. Apparently, the Magic were not sold. I've liked the kid in the bit i have seen.

5ass
02-17-2016, 11:56 AM
Well besides a back up PG, they definielty need the shooting.

Jackson
Kcp/johnson
Harris
Morris
Drummond

This probably wont work very well with 3 31% shooters. Reggie is the only one shooting anove average and if he's running the pick n roll with drummond you need the others to space the floor. This team will look much better once KCP, johnson and harris become consistent shooters, but for now im not sure itll have much of an impact in the W-L.

ewing
02-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Well besides a back up PG, they definielty need the shooting.

Jackson
Kcp/johnson
Harris
Morris
Drummond

This probably wont work very well with 3 31% shooters. Reggie is the only one shooting anove average and if he's running the pick n roll with drummond you need the others to space the floor. This team will look much better once KCP, johnson and harris become consistent shooters, but for now im not sure itll have much of an impact in the W-L.

range shooting is definitely something that would help them get better, they are good team not an elite team and that's something they could definitely use. that said i don't think the fact that Ersan is a bit better shooting stops Harris from being an upgrade. I not sure how good Tobias is but Ersan is all over the place. I actually liked him a lot as player early but dude isn't consistent at all.

5ass
02-17-2016, 01:00 PM
range shooting is definitely something that would help them get better, they are good team not an elite team and that's something they could definitely use. that said i don't think the fact that Ersan is a bit better shooting stops Harris from being an upgrade. I not sure how good Tobias is but Ersan is all over the place. I actually liked him a lot as player early but dude isn't consistent at all.

Ersan isn't that bad. He's a solid player TBH. Tobias isn't very consistent either. Tobias is capable of putting up better stats, but doesn't space the floor like ilyasova. Though ersan is inconsistent, he's still more respected as a shooter. I don't know, jmo. I don't think this line up will work out very well this season unless they get hot. But a good move for the future.