PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh out indefinitely?

ATX
02-16-2016, 12:25 AM
Michael Scotto: Multiple sources around the NBA tell me Chris Bosh’s situation is much worse than people are being made aware of. 1 hour ago – via Twitter MikeAScotto, AP

Could be a serious health situation. Hope it turns out to be nothing serious, but if it does thoughts and prayers go out.

lavilevi23
02-16-2016, 12:43 AM
Unbelievably heart breaking if true.
We should probably look to void his contract or something if hes nit going to be able to play... That probably means we won't be making the playoffs again.

Wade n Fade
02-16-2016, 01:02 AM
We should probably look to void his contract or something if hes nit going to be able to play... That probably means we won't be making the playoffs again.

That's the last thing on the Heat's mind. Remember, the team's mantra is family first.

Slug3
02-16-2016, 01:11 AM
Damn last year it was in his lungs right? If he does have one maybe it's not as bad. Either way if he's going to keep getting it then it will suck but he might have to call it a career.

SteBO
02-16-2016, 01:14 AM
Borderline depressed after hearing this. Granted, no human being deserves this kind of thing to happen to him/her but Bosh of all people? Just sad man. Holding out hope though.....can't endure another season of this.

SteBO
02-16-2016, 01:24 AM
Tim Reynolds is confirming that Bosh is still walking around, so that's great news to hear. Remember Bosh couldn't even walk around this time last year, and could barely breath at times. I'm not hearing any of that now. We should know more tomorrow.

Slug3
02-16-2016, 03:12 PM
Tim Reynolds is confirming that Bosh is still walking around, so that's great news to hear. Remember Bosh couldn't even walk around this time last year, and could barely breath at times. I'm not hearing any of that now. We should know more tomorrow.

Sorry on phone, but saw that they are now stating he is on blood thinners again with the hopes of him trying to play again this year. Maybe he has one but since its not in his lungs it can get out faster? I don't know but we a kind of screwed now with no shooter threat on the team. We can't count on Green at all.

AllBall
02-17-2016, 10:36 AM

You can not void his contract for career ending injury. In the NBA contracts are guaranteed, this isn't the NFL.

I don't understand why you would want to void it. It will not count against the team's cap. Team's get an exception for things like this:

....There is one exception whereby a player can continue to receive his salary, but the salary is not included in the team's team salary. This is when a player is forced to retire for medical reasons and a league-appointed physician confirms that he is medically unfit to continue playing. There is a waiting period of one year following the injury or illness before a team can apply for this salary cap relief. If the waiting period expires mid-season (on any date prior to the last day of the regular season), then the player's entire salary for that season is removed from the team's team salary. For example, in March 2003 the Knicks were allowed to remove Luc Longley's entire 2002-03 salary from their books (and since the luxury tax is based on the team salary as of the last day of the regular season, the Knicks avoided paying any tax on Longley's salary). This provision can also be used when a player dies while under contract.

If the player "proves the doctors wrong" and resumes his career, then his salary is returned to his team's team salary when he plays in his 10th game in any one season (including pre-season, regular season and playoff games). This allows a player to attempt to resume his career without affecting his team unless his comeback is ultimately successful. A team loses this salary cap relief even if the player later signs and plays 10 games with a different team.

Teams are not allowed to trade for disabled players and then apply for this salary cap relief. Only the team for which the player was playing when he was disabled may request this relief.

If a player retires, even for medical reasons, his team does not receive a salary cap exception to acquire a replacement player.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap05.htm#Q55

Bosh has a second occurrence of blood clots (although now in the leg region) this is enough to end his career as he will be told by doctors that he will need to be on blood thinners for the rest of his life. You can't play on blood thinners. Although he can ignore this advice, not take blood thinners and play, he would be risking his life everyday he is on the court practicing or playing. With two kids and a set of twins on the way I doubt he's going to do that, no father wants risk leaving his children orphaned.

If I'm Riley, at this point I'm planning for a scenario without Bosh.

Slug3
02-17-2016, 11:26 AM
You can not void his contract for career ending injury. In the NBA contracts are guaranteed, this isn't the NFL.

I don't understand why you would want to void it. It will not count against the team's cap. Team's get an exception for things like this:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap05.htm#Q55

Bosh has a second occurrence of blood clots (although now in the leg region) this is enough to end his career as he will be told by doctors that he will need to be on blood thinners for the rest of his life. You can't play on blood thinners. Although he can ignore this advice, not take blood thinners and play, he would be risking his life everyday he is on the court practicing or playing. With two kids and a set of twins on the way I doubt he's going to do that, no father wants risk leaving his children orphaned.

If I'm Riley, at this point I'm planning for a scenario without Bosh.

It would suck to lose Bosh who is a not only key for us, but a big fan favorite. And if that happens it will suck that we don't get that free salary this offseason where we could have been big players without his salary in the free agent market.

CHANGO
02-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Haslem said that he expects Bosh to play again this season.

lavilevi23
02-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Any news regarding the recovery?

Slug3
02-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Any news regarding the recovery?

No real updates except a few players saying it looks like things are going to be fine.

hotdalton18
02-24-2016, 04:59 PM
Done for the this year

SteBO
02-24-2016, 05:16 PM
HEAT are urging him to sit out the season. It sucks for us now, but I think it's best for himself and the team long term.