PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Raptors Nets talking deal to send Lopez and or Young to Toronto

spreadeagle
02-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Think there's no way that the Brooklyn Nets would blow up their pathetic team before hiring a new general manager?

It's apparently being talked about.

According to New York Daily News sources, the Nets are willing to make big moves before Thursday's 3 p.m. trade deadline.

For what it's worth, the rumor mill has the Nets discussing a deal with Toronto that would move star center Brook Lopez and/or power forward Thaddeus Young to the Raptors.

The Daily News reported that the Nets could get a return that includes rookie point guard Delon Wright, the 20th pick of the 2015 draft, power forward Patrick Peterson and a 2016 No. 1 draft pick that originally belonged to the New York Knicks.

Lopez and Young are in the first seasons of big contracts and putting up very good numbers, but the Nets are 14-40 with them and began a major shakeup on Jan. 10 when Lionel Hollins was fired as head coach and Billy King stepped down as GM. http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2016/02/nba_trade_rumors_nets_discussing_brook_lopez_block .html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Raptors forward Patrick Patterson is in demand across the league, per Yahoo Sports.

Even though his numbers are down, the sixth-year forward has appeal across the league. Under contract for the next two seasons at $6 million per, Patterson is a stretch power forward that many teams covet

The New York Daily News reports that the Nets are open to trading Thaddeus Young or Brook Lopez. One suggested deal has Young going to Toronto for Patrick Patterson and Delon Wright. It's suggested that the Nets may want a first-round pick, too, but that's unlilkely given Young's value at this point.http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25484166/nba-trade-rumors-live-blog-21516-nets-shopping-thad-young

zn23
02-15-2016, 10:38 PM
Not sure I like the idea of Lopez and Valanciunas on the court at the same time.

I'll take Thaddeus Young though.

Kush McDaniels
02-15-2016, 10:58 PM
Thad Young would be a good pickup. Patpat is a good dude, but TY is definitely a better player.

FriedTofuz
02-15-2016, 11:12 PM
Gross. Essentially 3 first rounders one being a top 10 pick from the knicks for Brook lopez and thad young?
No way. If Masai does that Id be absolutely shocked. No idea why we'd want lopez.

Vincent33
02-15-2016, 11:39 PM
More ping pong balls for BOS!

TrueFan420
02-15-2016, 11:44 PM
Don't get it for the raptors other then they want to make a run at the ECF and think they can take the Cavs. I think its possible just don't like the fit of Brook and Young.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-16-2016, 12:26 AM
Good move for Brooklyn to get some value on a reset. Could be a worse package I guess.

Toronto has to be going completely all in on this and banking on a Love/Irving injury to think they have a chance and they very well could, they are pretty deep if they do this move.

SensandRaps
02-16-2016, 12:40 AM
young would fix the pf spot for toronto especially since he will provide more consistent production

only issue for me is giving up on wright because i think he has upside

the other problem is that this maybe cements toronto as the #2 team in the east (regular season wise) but this team hasnt performed in the playoffs and even if they keep performing at the same level i dont see the team getting by lebron

Aust
02-16-2016, 12:45 AM
No no no, they need to win more not dump talent.

Wade n Fade
02-16-2016, 12:46 AM
Don't like giving up that Knicks pick though :(. Please no MU. Fleecing Brooklyn would be nicer.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-16-2016, 12:35 PM
Nets probably hoping this deal goes down for the knicks pick. Then hoping Cavs get jealous and then trades Love for Melo in that three way deal. Then Nets owner hoping Knicks take a step back and that pick high lottery.

LanceUpperCut
02-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Theirs zero chance MU gives up PP who apparently himself is garnering a lot of interest are 20th pick last season and the NYK which sits at 10th right now for ****ing Thad Young.

BHF
02-16-2016, 01:04 PM
Biyombo > Lopez and Young

TheMightyHumph
02-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Good move for Brooklyn to get some value on a reset. Could be a worse package I guess.

Toronto has to be going completely all in on this and banking on a Love/Irving injury to think they have a chance and they very well could, they are pretty deep if they do this move.

Nets would have to look hard to get a worse deal than that.

Corey
02-16-2016, 11:58 PM
As a Celtics fan, I hope Brooklyn trades all of their decent players for youth and picks :laugh:

sixer04fan
02-17-2016, 12:04 AM
As a Celtics fan, I hope Brooklyn trades all of their decent players for youth and picks :laugh:

Such BS haha. Sixers fans as a whole are united in being very pissed about the Celtics having that pick lol. You guys are gonna make the playoffs and get a top 3 pick! ****ing Billy King.

xxplayerxx23
02-17-2016, 12:07 AM
Gross. Essentially 3 first rounders one being a top 10 pick from the knicks for Brook lopez and thad young?
No way. If Masai does that Id be absolutely shocked. No idea why we'd want lopez.

Will not be top 10.

Corey
02-17-2016, 12:08 AM
Such BS haha. Sixers fans as a whole are united in being very pissed about the Celtics having that pick lol. You guys are gonna make the playoffs and get a top 3 pick! ****ing Billy King.

We have the right two swap first round picks in 2017, and we have their 2018 first as well

Corey
02-17-2016, 12:09 AM
Will not be top 10.

The Knicks pick that Toronto owns? Itll most likely be in the 8-12 range...

ryder78c
02-17-2016, 02:11 AM

why i'd be more happy with the number 2 pick Brandon Ingram will be the best pick out of this draft, has nobody ever watched Ben Simmonss or is everyone going off his name? because i dont see the lebron comparison he's not a very good shooter he can attack the basket but he's no lebron! his game resembles dante Exums. brandon ingram can shoot and do everything simmons does!

Aust
02-17-2016, 03:06 AM
why i'd be more happy with the number 2 pick Brandon Ingram will be the best pick out of this draft, has nobody ever watched Ben Simmonss or is everyone going off his name? because i dont see the lebron comparison he's not a very good shooter he can attack the basket but he's no lebron! his game resembles dante Exums. brandon ingram can shoot and do everything simmons does!

If you are talking about shooting, Lebron isn't much of a shooter.

Cal827
02-17-2016, 07:00 AM

Pretty much this. I'd give Delon and the lower first rounder we have this year, and that's it. But I don't think that Lopez would work in our system. Young would likely work more, but I wouldn't be willing to trade away a first rounder when we already have Patterson/Scola.

For the Knick's pick, I would want a star (or close to) back, since it'll likely be top 10.

We'll probably be in rumors for Taj Gibson again or something, but that shouldn't cost a top 10, maybe the lower pick...

mike_noodles
02-17-2016, 09:15 AM
Will not be top 10.

It currently is number 10. Thanks for playing.

BoSox47
02-17-2016, 09:58 AM
Please Brooklyn pull this off. Need the tank to go in full effect for the celtics draft implications.

BoSox47
02-17-2016, 10:01 AM

I love Brandon Ingram

I also love weed, so I would to know where you get your weed because Simmons is the better prospect for sure.

R. Johnson#3
02-17-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't know how we'd swing Lopez AND Young but I'm on board for getting Young if Massai can make it Scola going the other way and not 2Pat. Scola+Johnson+Wright then give them our 2016 1st and 2nd round picks. Scola and JJ are both expiring so Brooklyn would be left with a lot of open salary at season's end along with some draft picks.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-17-2016, 10:51 AM
Bit tough landing both Lopez and Young. That's like $31M. Also doubt Raptors wanna give up the main core.

Brook Lopez $19,689,000 $21,165,675 $22,642,350

Thaddeus Young $11,235,955 $12,078,652 $12,921,348 $13,764,045

Also if Raptors hang onto DeRozan and Lowry and Carrol. They keeping JV as well? Other wise if it's Lopez and Young for Knicks pick and like 6 or 7 players to get it close to $31M. Hardly any bench left for Raptors. It gets easier if they part with bigger contract like Carroll. Other wise no way they get both Lopez and Young.

Max.This
02-17-2016, 11:07 AM

Depends on where the knicks fall and denver fall in the draft. Not really sure why people never mention this, but when the trade was made it was for a pick that Denver can swap if they chose to. No matter how the lottery ends up, Denver will pick before the knicks. The knicks are in 10th now, but they had to lose 9 out of 10 to get to that position. In all likelihood, the knicks wont be in 10th place. This draft isn't really all that great outside of the top 3. Sure you might get the diamond in the rough, but in all likelihood this pick will get a mediocre player.

sixer04fan
02-17-2016, 11:17 AM

I'd be thrilled with either player. It's Simmons, Ingram, or bust for me. But I strongly disagree. Simmons is way better now and as a prospect in basically every aspect of the game except for shooting. He has a higher floor and a higher ceiling. There's a chance Ingram becomes the better player, sure. But it's a small chance IMO. I'll take Simmons

LanceUpperCut
02-17-2016, 11:21 AM

Depends on where the knicks fall and denver fall in the draft. Not really sure why people never mention this, but when the trade was made it was for a pick that Denver can swap if they chose to. No matter how the lottery ends up, Denver will pick before the knicks. The knicks are in 10th now, but they had to lose 9 out of 10 to get to that position. In all likelihood, the knicks wont be in 10th place. This draft isn't really all that great outside of the top 3. Sure you might get the diamond in the rough, but in all likelihood this pick will get a mediocre player.

No one mentioned it cause it was an obvious thing to most of us hence why he said it was 10th. Anything can happen after deadline but I don't see it falling much or gaining much 8-12 is pretty much a lock in my eyes