PDA

View Full Version : Rockets/Heat discussing Howard for Whiteside trade

spreadeagle
02-15-2016, 03:51 PM
Dwight Howard could be moved by Thursday's trade deadline. Miami is talking with Houston about a deal that would include Hassan Whiteside.https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN

*Silver&Black*
02-15-2016, 03:57 PM
Seeing a rumor of Howard to ATL, Horford and Teague to Mia, Dragic and Whiteside to Hou from Twitter on other B-ball forums. And that Atlanta wants Miami to add Winslow probably since that is terrible trade for ATL.

RLundi
02-15-2016, 04:00 PM
If it's a straight up trade, seems like a lateral move for both sides. Though the star power on Miami would be incredible, I'm not sure it makes them a whole lot better. They're still fringe contenders and have virtually no shot of getting past Cleveland.

As for Houston, they need a shakeup, but it isn't Howard they need to move, it's Harden. He's a ball hog. They need a tough, no-nonsense coach with a pedigree (read: Tom Thibodeau) to make Harden change his ways, otherwise Houston will have this problem every year with him.

spreadeagle
02-15-2016, 04:01 PM
Seeing a rumor of Howard to ATL, Horford and Teague to Mia, Dragic and Whiteside to Hou from Twitter on other B-ball forums. And that Atlanta wants Miami to add Winslow probably since that is terrible trade for ATL.

That would be a pretty interesting trade

sep11ie
02-15-2016, 04:03 PM
That would be a garbage trade for Houston.

GiantsSwaGG
02-15-2016, 04:03 PM
What a dumb trade for both teams

LanceUpperCut
02-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Howard is owed 22M well Whiteside is 1M. Seems like it would be hard to make that work.

Scoots
02-15-2016, 04:06 PM
Just what Houston needs ... even more stat chasing.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-15-2016, 04:08 PM
Do the Heat has enough contracts to make salaries match?

J_M_B
02-15-2016, 04:52 PM
Do the Heat has enough contracts to make salaries match?

Would have to include Deng (10M), Birdman (5M) and McRoberts (5.3M)

McRoberts has two years remaining on his deal, while Deng and Birdman are expirings

eDush
02-15-2016, 05:09 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gphqrsa
Very interesting tho i wouldn't do it if i was Miami if Winslow is the make it or break it to the whole deal. Any why would the Hawks want a whining crybaby in DH12 unless they are hoping his good buddy JSmooooove will follow him back to A-Town.

This is a much better trade that makes sense the most sense for Houston to get back the player who help them at the 5 much better than DH12. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jctzxat

:dance:

eDush
02-15-2016, 05:13 PM
The BEST trade for D12!!! (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jctzxat) <-- it make sense for half the cost at the 5 :nod:

:dance2: :cheer: :dance2:

Saddletramp
02-15-2016, 05:16 PM
The BEST trade for D12!!! (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jctzxat) <-- it make sense for half the cost at the 5 :nod:

:dance2: :cheer: :dance2:

Why don't you just write out the parameters instead of linking?

Edit: that's one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen. Tyreke and Asik for Howard. lols

eDush
02-15-2016, 05:41 PM

Edit: that's one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen. Tyreke and Asik for Howard. lols

Cause i want to make sure the trade will work or not as oppose to others proposals that doesn't even work and how hard is it to click on a link? The Pelicans want to dump Asik who was very competent for the Rockets until they got D12 which relegate him as a 2nd stringer. He wanted to start which is why he was traded smart guy :) I added another player that Orleans like to dump as well for any one who is willing to take on Anderson but now they don't have to, i win :laugh2:

Another solid trade!!! :cheer:

IndyRealist
02-15-2016, 05:44 PM
Houston makes a killing while the other teams more or less move laterally. Houston probably needs to include Terrence Jones or a 1st to Atl.

eDush
02-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Houston makes a killing while the other teams more or less move laterally. Houston probably needs to include Terrence Jones or a 1st to Atl.

I know...people sure are overrating the self claim Superman. I suspect Houston need to toss quite a few future picks to Atlanta for them to bite since they won't be getting Winslow, that's for sure :nod:

sep11ie
02-15-2016, 05:53 PM

Dude, that is a terrible trade for Houston. Adding Dragic and his horrible contract and a downgrade at C. Mia kills it in that trade.

*Silver&Black*
02-15-2016, 06:03 PM
Horford and Teague > Howard. Heck, for the Hawks, Horford > Howard.

ATL needs more.

Saddletramp
02-15-2016, 06:14 PM
Cause i want to make sure the trade will work or not as oppose to others proposals that doesn't even work

Try the trade and link it, cool. But.....

and how hard is it to click on a link?

......way easier on the reader to see the trade parameters and then decide if it's worthy of clicking to see the details. It's not "hard" it's just sometimes a waste of time to click it, load it, read it, (in this case laugh at it,) close the tab and reload the forum again. Once I followed a link, got spammed. Another time I closed the wrong tab and had to google where I just was to get it back. It's so much easier to write out Howard for Asik and Evans if you're going to link it. I see others doing this garbage, too. It's dumb.

The Pelicans want to dump Asik who was very competent for the Rockets until they got D12 which relegate him as a 2nd stringer. He wanted to start which is why he was traded smart guy :)

I remember, smart guy. Asik turned into a first which was used this past year on Dekker. Asik's been hurt and waaaaaay unproductive and has 3 or 4 more years at over $11 million per year. It was an awful contract as soon as it was signed.

I added another player that Orleans like to dump as well for any one who is willing to take on Anderson but now they don't have to, i win :laugh2:

No doubt, it's a sweet move for New Orleans, but why on earth would Morey do this? The only thing you win is the award for the dumbest trade.

Another solid trade!!! :cheer:

Again, lol.

beasted86
02-15-2016, 06:16 PM
I think Howard fits much better in ATL, and possibly prompts a resurgence in Korver. He's the rebounder that Horford, Splitter and Millsap aren't. The Hawks are one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA, and are also one of the worst teams at getting to the FT line. He helps in both regards.

I like the trade for Miami if they don't have to give up Winslow.

Houston is floundering and probably just looking for a better fit in fear of losing Howard for nothing and becoming irrelevant. Dragić would flourish in Houston with them playing smaller and pushing the pace.

IndyRealist
02-15-2016, 06:17 PM
Dude, that is a terrible trade for Houston. Adding Dragic and his horrible contract and a downgrade at C. Mia kills it in that trade.

Dragic was proven successful next to Harden, which is probably why they want him back. Whiteside isn't a downgrade from Howard, they both put up a lot of empty stats and are headcases. Where they both actually help is with paint control, and again that's pretty even. And if Whiteside doesn't work out they still have time to develop Capella, and if he does they can trade Clint. This is a classic Morey move: build assests and keep your options open.

Miami trades a struggling point guard for a struggling point guard, and a talented headcase for a steady vet on the downturn of his career. Unlike Houston, Miami has no idea if Teague will work next to Wade and Bosh. Edit: didn't realize Horford is only 29.

Atlanta gets the least return. Howard is not the player he was 5 years ago. He isn't serious when he needs to be and his stat line outweighs his actual impact. Maybe they can motivate him, maybe not.

Scoots
02-15-2016, 06:21 PM

Because eDush.

Dade County
02-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Smh... This trade isnt big enough to do anything for the HEAT.

Pat will pull off something bigger then this, or just wait until the summer.

goose15
02-15-2016, 07:18 PM
No way Riley does this.. Whiteside has tons of upside.. Howard has zero

Saddletramp
02-15-2016, 07:50 PM
No way Riley does this.. Whiteside has tons of upside.. Howard has zero

Whiteside might disappear as soon as he gets paid and Howard might return to form in a different place. Basically, Howard's at his lowest value he's probably ever had and Whiteside is probably at his peak. Worth the gamble.

Lakers + Giants
02-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Don't see the point for either side. I dislike both teams, I hope it happens.

Saddletramp
02-15-2016, 07:54 PM
Dragic was proven successful next to Harden, which is probably why they want him back. Whiteside isn't a downgrade from Howard, they both put up a lot of empty stats and are headcases. Where they both actually help is with paint control, and again that's pretty even. And if Whiteside doesn't work out they still have time to develop Capella, and if he does they can trade Clint. This is a classic Morey move: build assests and keep your options open.

Miami trades a struggling point guard for a struggling point guard, and a talented headcase for a steady vet on the downturn of his career. Unlike Houston, Miami has no idea if Teague will work next to Wade and Bosh. Edit: didn't realize Horford is only 29.

Atlanta gets the least return. Howard is not the player he was 5 years ago. He isn't serious when he needs to be and his stat line outweighs his actual impact. Maybe they can motivate him, maybe not.

They never played together. But I get what you're saying.

FOXHOUND
02-15-2016, 08:15 PM
I think the idea behind this for Miami would be to dump Dragic + McRoberts contracts, clearing an addition $20M of cap space, while adding Dwight. Then, in the offseason, Riley can try to lure Durant to team up with Wade, Bosh and Dwight.

For Houston, they add an offensive PG who can push the pace who doesn't suck, see: Ty Lawson, while getting a young replacement for Dwight that they can pay this summer who will be a bit cheaper. They also add a talented PF who can shoot, if he can ever stay healthy. Next, they waive Lawson and and Brewer's non-guaranteed contracts to clear an additional $20.8M. The thing there also is, the cap hold for Whiteside won't be high, so I guess Morey can then try to lure Durant to team up with Dragic, Harden and Whiteside.

And in the end, Durant stays in OKC for a 1+1 to reup after 10 YoS for that 35% max or MAYBE goes to Golden State, and they both lose.
:rimshot:

Saddletramp
02-15-2016, 08:33 PM
I think the idea behind this for Miami would be to dump Dragic + McRoberts contracts, clearing an addition $20M of cap space, while adding Dwight. Then, in the offseason, Riley can try to lure Durant to team up with Wade, Bosh and Dwight.

For Houston, they add an offensive PG who can push the pace who doesn't suck, see: Ty Lawson, while getting a young replacement for Dwight that they can pay this summer who will be a bit cheaper. They also add a talented PF who can shoot, if he can ever stay healthy. Next, they waive Lawson and and Brewer's non-guaranteed contracts to clear an additional $20.8M. The thing there also is, the cap hold for Whiteside won't be high, so I guess Morey can then try to lure Durant to team up with Dragic, Harden and Whiteside.

And in the end, Durant stays in OKC for a 1+1 to reup after 10 YoS for that 35% max or MAYBE goes to Golden State, and they both lose.
:rimshot:

This is the second time I've heard you say that Brewer's contract is non guaranteed. It's guaranteed for the next few years.

CHANGO
02-15-2016, 08:39 PM
I think Dwight is getting underrated here, YES, I know he's not what he used to be, he's not a great post player blah, blah, blah, but comparing him to Whiteside is laughable. I was high on Whiteside, but right now he's just an immature player whom when he's off the floor Miami plays better.

I keep saying that Dwight is being underused in Houston, and it's true. You can check the Pick&Roll stats to see this, Houston is ranked LAST in Pick & Roll frequency when the big man is rolling, 4.6% and generate 1.07 points per possession a total of 282 Possessions in 55 games. That's 5.13 P&R per game. Not only that, of the 6 big guys the Rockets have running a P&R (10min/game and 10 poss per play min) Howard is the last one in frequency with 10.9% 69 possessions in 44 games generating 1.13ppp. Capela have a 18.1% with 72poss and 1ppp and Jones 12% with 54poss and 1.15ppp. The total of P&R for the Rockets when the roll man doesn't touch the ball is 832poss for one of the worst freq on the league with 13.6% (5th worst). There was a rumor going on about Howard not wanting to do P&R, I don't know if that's true but, we can say the same thing about posting up.

Houston is ranked 22nd in post up freq with 6.2% a total of 377 poss. Howard have 189 of those 377 poss and is generating .86ppp. You can say that's good, but among the big men with 100 or more post up possessions he's 14th behind the likes of M. Gasol, B. Lopez, Dirk, Melo, Davis and Love a guy who people complain a lot about he not getting enough touches on the post. Of the players that are ranked above him in Poss, Howard have a higher PPP than Monroe, Drummond, Okafor, Randolph and Davis and one of the highest FG%.

For the HEAT I think he'll be a better fit than Whiteside, of course. But also it will be a better fit for him, playing in the slow paced Miami HEAT who rank among the top 10 in P&R freq with 7.9%. On the HEAT, Whiteside and Bosh have a higher P&R freq and Poss than Howard by far, Whiteside with 99poss and 18.8% and Bosh with 235poss and 24.4%. Also on the defensive end, he'll have more help with Bosh who is a very underrated and versatile defender and of course, THE MUCH BETTER HEAT team defense.

Howard is not what he once was, but he still is one of the best C we have on the game.

FOXHOUND
02-15-2016, 08:47 PM
This is the second time I've heard you say that Brewer's contract is non guaranteed. It's guaranteed for the next few years.

I get my cap info from Spotrac.com. If they're info is inaccurate, then idk. Seems to me that they can waive him this summer, and if they don't he's on for two more years.

FOXHOUND
02-15-2016, 08:52 PM
I think Dwight is getting underrated here, YES, I know he's not what he used to be, he's not a great post player blah, blah, blah, but comparing him to Whiteside is laughable. I was high on Whiteside, but right now he's just an immature player whom when he's off the floor Miami plays better.

I keep saying that Dwight is being underused in Houston, and it's true. You can check the Pick&Roll stats to see this, Houston is ranked LAST in Pick & Roll frequency when the big man is rolling, 4.6% and generate 1.07 points per possession a total of 282 Possessions in 55 games. That's 5.13 P&R per game. Not only that, of the 6 big guys the Rockets have running a P&R (10min/game and 10 poss per play min) Howard is the last one in frequency with 10.9% 69 possessions in 44 games generating 1.13ppp. Capela have a 18.1% with 72poss and 1ppp and Jones 12% with 54poss and 1.15ppp. The total of P&R for the Rockets when the roll man doesn't touch the ball is 832poss for one of the worst freq on the league with 13.6% (5th worst). There was a rumor going on about Howard not wanting to do P&R, I don't know if that's true but, we can say the same thing about posting up.

Houston is ranked 22nd in post up freq with 6.2% a total of 377 poss. Howard have 189 of those 377 poss and is generating .86ppp. You can say that's good, but among the big men with 100 or more post up possessions he's 14th behind the likes of M. Gasol, B. Lopez, Dirk, Melo, Davis and Love a guy who people complain a lot about he not getting enough touches on the post. Of the players that are ranked above him in Poss, Howard have a higher PPP than Monroe, Drummond, Okafor, Randolph and Davis and one of the highest FG%.

For the HEAT I think he'll be a better fit than Whiteside, of course. But also it will be a better fit for him, playing in the slow paced Miami HEAT who rank among the top 10 in P&R freq with 7.9%. On the HEAT, Whiteside and Bosh have a higher P&R freq and Poss than Howard by far, Whiteside with 99poss and 18.8% and Bosh with 235poss and 24.4%. Also on the defensive end, he'll have more help with Bosh who is a very underrated and versatile defender and of course, THE MUCH BETTER HEAT team defense.

Howard is not what he once was, but he still is one of the best C we have on the game.

Yeah, I tend to lean more to this thinking myself. I do think the thing about him not wanting to do P&R like he used to it true, and I think that started for how much crap Shaq gave him about it and he's been trying to prove himself as a post big ever since.

The great thing about Miami with Riley, Spo and Wade, they're good at getting guys to buy into things they don't necessarily want to do in the sake of winning. They did it great with LeBron where he was doing many things he no longer does on both ends of the floor, reverting back into his old Cleveland style of play. If they could get him to buy into stuff, I'm sure they can do the same with Dwight if he ended up there.

sep11ie
02-15-2016, 09:06 PM
I get my cap info from Spotrac.com. If they're info is inaccurate, then idk. Seems to me that they can waive him this summer, and if they don't he's on for two more years.

That was previous contract with T-Wolves. He had to decline the last 2 years in order for the Rockets to agree to trade for him. He got a full 3 year deal with us this last offseason.

Saddletramp
02-15-2016, 09:07 PM

Well, that's odd........

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/corey-brewer/cash-earnings/

Corey Brewer signed a 3 year / $23,420,913 contract with the Houston Rockets, including $23,420,913 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $7,806,971. In 2015-16, Brewer will earn a base salary of $8,229,375. Brewer has a cap hit of $8,229,375 while his dead money value is $23,420,913.

sep11ie
02-15-2016, 09:10 PM
Where are people getting this "Dwight is a stat sheet filler" B.S.? He gets like no plays called for him. The only way he gets to score is by offensive rebounding and putbacks, which he does plenty of. How soon do we forget how beastly he has been in the playoffs for us. My only knock on him is all his techs, but a lot of that is because of how poorly he is officiated.

CHANGO
02-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I tend to lean more to this thinking myself. I do think the thing about him not wanting to do P&R like he used to it true, and I think that started for how much crap Shaq gave him about it and he's been trying to prove himself as a post big ever since.

The great thing about Miami with Riley, Spo and Wade, they're good at getting guys to buy into things they don't necessarily want to do in the sake of winning. They did it great with LeBron where he was doing many things he no longer does on both ends of the floor, reverting back into his old Cleveland style of play. If they could get him to buy into stuff, I'm sure they can do the same with Dwight if he ended up there.

Yeah, people like to compare Whiteside and Howard with the headcase and immature thing, but I think Houston doesn't have the same locker room and veteran guys that the HEAT have. With Riley alone I can see Howard getting his **** straight.

But we'll see. I just want a trade to move out Whiteside and get something in exchange.

FOXHOUND
02-15-2016, 09:13 PM
That was previous contract with T-Wolves. He had to decline the last 2 years in order for the Rockets to agree to trade for him. He got a full 3 year deal with us this last offseason.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the correction.

IndyRealist
02-15-2016, 09:14 PM
They never played together. But I get what you're saying.

Wow my brain's gone to mush. No more PSD for me tonight.

FOXHOUND
02-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Well, that's odd........

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/corey-brewer/cash-earnings/

Corey Brewer signed a 3 year / $23,420,913 contract with the Houston Rockets, including $23,420,913 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $7,806,971. In 2015-16, Brewer will earn a base salary of $8,229,375. Brewer has a cap hit of $8,229,375 while his dead money value is $23,420,913.

Yes, odd indeed...

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/yearly/cap/

That's not a big deal anyways. I'm not even sure they would have to renounce any rights to have enough to offer Durant a max after waiving Lawson's $13M. Whiteside's hold will only be 980K, much nicer than Dwight's $23M+ will be. If they need extra space, they can renounce the rights to Motiejunas and clear his $6.2M cap hold.

Doesn't matter, they're not getting Durant anyways. I was simply speaking of the upside of that potential deal and why they would want to do it. A Dragic/Whiteside for Dwight swap may be enough to entice them anyways.

Saddletramp
02-15-2016, 09:58 PM
Yes, odd indeed...

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/yearly/cap/

That's not a big deal anyways. I'm not even sure they would have to renounce any rights to have enough to offer Durant a max after waiving Lawson's $13M. Whiteside's hold will only be 980K, much nicer than Dwight's $23M+ will be. If they need extra space, they can renounce the rights to Motiejunas and clear his $6.2M cap hold.

Doesn't matter, they're not getting Durant anyways. I was simply speaking of the upside of that potential deal and why they would want to do it. A Dragic/Whiteside for Dwight swap may be enough to entice them anyways.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, like everyone else, that if Durant leaves OKC, it won't be to Houston and I'm not exactly sure who's on the market for next year besides a few names like Pau, Big Al and Horford. But flexibility will be nice. The worst thing about Howard was that he just isn't worth $20+ million anymore.

I'm not sure letting Motiejunas go is a good idea especially with him missing so much time this year. It's probably devalued him to the point that he'll be financially viable (of course, that could backfire if that back keeps crapping up on him). And being restricted this coming offseason will help. The guy that HAS to be moved is Terrence Jones. There's talk of him seeking $10+ million in RFA and that's just no bueno. For every 1 good game he has, he has 4 horrendous ones and he gets weird injuries a few times a year. With DMo out pretty much this whole year he could stepped up and proved that he's the guy. And he sorta did in 1 game out of every 5.

KJ McDaniels is cheap enough to keep unless it's a deal breaker or just too sweet to pass up, as is Ariza (more so, actually). And Capella should pretty much be untouchable.

I do see what you're saying, though.

Scoots
02-15-2016, 10:02 PM
Where are people getting this "Dwight is a stat sheet filler" B.S.? He gets like no plays called for him. The only way he gets to score is by offensive rebounding and putbacks, which he does plenty of. How soon do we forget how beastly he has been in the playoffs for us. My only knock on him is all his techs, but a lot of that is because of how poorly he is officiated.

If you are responding to me ... I was talking about Whiteside.

Scoots
02-15-2016, 10:04 PM
I was a little surprised by Jim Barnett saying on the radio that he thought D12 was THE MOST overrated player in the NBA.

I don't like him, and I think his game is overrated, but I was surprised to hear it said at such an extreme.

D12 has issues ... Whiteside has issues. A trade could help both players and both franchises.

sep11ie
02-15-2016, 11:40 PM
Yeah, people like to compare Whiteside and Howard with the headcase and immature thing, but I think Houston doesn't have the same locker room and veteran guys that the HEAT have. With Riley alone I can see Howard getting his **** straight.

But we'll see. I just want a trade to move out Whiteside and get something in exchange.

So what has that locker room done for Whiteside?

CHANGO
02-16-2016, 12:00 AM
So what has that locker room done for Whiteside?

At least one season of good play. See Gerald Green for example. I know you are a Rockets fan but the only veteran presence and respectable guy that the Rockets have is Ariza, the rest are a) too young or b) Harden, Smith, yeah you get the point. Wade, Bosh, Birdman, UD, Deng, etc... are true professionals and veterans of the NBA.

Wade n Fade
02-16-2016, 12:50 AM
I was a little surprised by Jim Barnett saying on the radio that he thought D12 was THE MOST overrated player in the NBA.

I don't like him, and I think his game is overrated, but I was surprised to hear it said at such an extreme.

D12 has issues ... Whiteside has issues. A trade could help both players and both franchises.

Idk if he is the most overrated, but he certainly one of the more overrated guys. Don't want to share my opinion on who I think is the most overrated since this thread isn't dedicated to that.

sep11ie
02-16-2016, 01:37 AM
At least one season of good play. See Gerald Green for example. I know you are a Rockets fan but the only veteran presence and respectable guy that the Rockets have is Ariza, the rest are a) too young or b) Harden, Smith, yeah you get the point. Wade, Bosh, Birdman, UD, Deng, etc... are true professionals and veterans of the NBA.

Pretty sure Jason Terry is very respected player around the league, as well as vocal.

IKnowHoops
02-16-2016, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure, like everyone else, that if Durant leaves OKC, it won't be to Houston and I'm not exactly sure who's on the market for next year besides a few names like Pau, Big Al and Horford. But flexibility will be nice. The worst thing about Howard was that he just isn't worth $20+ million anymore.

I'm not sure letting Motiejunas go is a good idea especially with him missing so much time this year. It's probably devalued him to the point that he'll be financially viable (of course, that could backfire if that back keeps crapping up on him). And being restricted this coming offseason will help. The guy that HAS to be moved is Terrence Jones. There's talk of him seeking $10+ million in RFA and that's just no bueno. For every 1 good game he has, he has 4 horrendous ones and he gets weird injuries a few times a year. With DMo out pretty much this whole year he could stepped up and proved that he's the guy. And he sorta did in 1 game out of every 5.

KJ McDaniels is cheap enough to keep unless it's a deal breaker or just too sweet to pass up, as is Ariza (more so, actually). And Capella should pretty much be untouchable.

I do see what you're saying, though.

But isn't Harrison Barns about to get 23 mill next year? I don't know, with the new cap, he may be worth 20 mill. At any rate, he is still worth more than Harrison Barns.

Scoots
02-16-2016, 02:07 AM
But isn't Harrison Barns about to get 23 mill next year? I don't know, with the new cap, he may be worth 20 mill. At any rate, he is still worth more than Harrison Barns.

Barnes has a ring ... D12 not so much :)

The issue with Howard is his next contract ... and not the first year of the new contract but the 4th and 5th years of it.

5ass
02-16-2016, 02:43 AM
I like this move for the heat. Howard does make them better. The thing about him is he is fickle minded and easily influenced. With the rockets he might not give it all defensively if he sees others slacking off, but if guys like winslow, wade and boah bring it on the defensive end, i think Howard will too. I still think he's a very good rim protector.

Saddletramp
02-16-2016, 03:04 AM
Barnes has a ring ... D12 not so much :)

Let's see how well Barnes does as the main guy like when Dwight was in Orlando. His team wouldn't sniff the playoffs.

The issue with Howard is his next contract ... and not the first year of the new contract but the 4th and 5th years of it.

True. And that's what scares me.

I also assume with the new CBA in a few years there will be another round of amnesties.

numba1CHANGsta
02-16-2016, 03:42 AM
Dragic-Wade-Deng-Bosh-D12 would be the most overrated starting lineup in NBA history

beasted86
02-16-2016, 03:56 AM
Dragic-Wade-Deng-Bosh-D12 would be the most overrated starting lineup in NBA history

Pretty sure to make the salaries match they would need to include Deng or Dragić

Big Zo
02-16-2016, 04:15 AM

That honor would still reside with the 2013 Lakers.