PDA

View Full Version : Which young players in the NBA right now could be potential future All Stars?

Tg11
02-15-2016, 12:20 PM
In the NBA right now anyway as far as young players go who do I think has the potential to become a future All Star as far as future NBA All Star weekends go?

Definitely Andrew Wiggins would be on the top of my list and why Andrew Wiggins wasn't named to the NBA All Star team for the West especially as a reserve is beyond me considering it was in Wiggins' hometown of Toronto and considering he is the reigning Rookie of the Year he still puts up All Star like numbers

Zack LaVine is another young player who I think will be named as a future All Star it is inevitable given the fact that he is a 2 time Slam Dunk Champion back to back and not to mention he won the Rising Stars Challenge MVP award but also because he's on a young team where he puts up reasonable numbers I think he could be a potential All Star if not next year in the next 2 years at least

Kristaps Porzingis he is another young player who I can see as a potential future All Star

Hawkeye15
02-15-2016, 12:21 PM
you missed the one Wolves player I think is a lock for future ASG's haha

Tg11
02-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Karl Anthony Towns he is another one but then Mudiay is another one too

Hawkeye15
02-15-2016, 12:29 PM
Barring injury, Towns is a lock for many all star games

Tg11
02-15-2016, 12:33 PM
You are definitely right about Towns being a lock for future All Star games but then again so should LaVine and Wiggins especially Wiggins

Jabari Parker I would say he would be a future All Star if he were traded to a better team

Scoots
02-15-2016, 02:11 PM
Harrison Barnes ... if he ever wakes up

Devin Booker

KG2TB
02-15-2016, 02:15 PM
My man, Devin Booker.

goose15
02-15-2016, 03:12 PM
Zingis

CardinalRed24
02-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Damian Lillard is the ultimate snub king. However his day will certainly come.

Porzingis, Wiggins, Okafor & Towns are prob likely the popular picks in this thread..

Here are some others who imo have the potential-
Nerlens Noel, Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Julius Randle, Zach LaVine, Bradley Beal, Harrison Barnes, Derrick Favors, Dante Exum, Kemba Walker, D'Angelo Russell, Emmanuel Mudiay, CJ McCollum & Victor Oladipo

Dark horse picks - Elfrid Payton, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Jordan Clarkson, Stanley Johnson, Nikola Mirotic, Khris Middleton, Rudy Gobert, Marcus Smart, Aaron Gordon & Dante Exum.

Big Zo
02-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Justise Winslow is 19, and already an elite defender. He can learn to shoot, he'll be on his way.

RLundi
02-15-2016, 03:53 PM
You are definitely right about Towns being a lock for future All Star games but then again so should LaVine and Wiggins especially Wiggins

Jabari Parker I would say he would be a future All Star if he were traded to a better team

Are you basing this on his draft position? Fact is, Parker has been pretty underwhelming so far. He looks to be very solid but pretty unspectacular. Idk if he's multiple All-Star material, unless you're talking about making ONE all-star; and in that case, I guess sure, he could make one, but Jamaal Magloire and Jameer Nelson were once future all-stars too then in that case.

5ass
02-15-2016, 04:23 PM
Damian Lillard is the ultimate snub king. However his day will certainly come.

Porzingis, Wiggins, Okafor & Towns are prob likely the popular picks in this thread..

Here are some others who imo have the potential-
Nerlens Noel, Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Julius Randle, Zach LaVine, Bradley Beal, Harrison Barnes, Derrick Favors, Dante Exum, Kemba Walker, D'Angelo Russell, Emmanuel Mudiay, CJ McCollum & Victor Oladipo

Dark horse picks - Elfrid Payton, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Jordan Clarkson, Stanley Johnson, Nikola Mirotic, Khris Middleton, Rudy Gobert, Marcus Smart, Aaron Gordon & Dante Exum.
Mirotic will never make an allstar team. MKG doesnt have thr offense or stats. Smart is going to be a DPOY candidate, but likely not an allstar. Where is Okafor, mario, jokic? Honestlyy there are too many potential allstars for me to list them all. If we limit this to players under 21, it'd be easier.

CardinalRed24
02-15-2016, 06:00 PM
Mirotic will never make an allstar team. MKG doesnt have thr offense or stats. Smart is going to be a DPOY candidate, but likely not an allstar. Where is Okafor, mario, jokic? Honestlyy there are too many potential allstars for me to list them all. If we limit this to players under 21, it'd be easier.

I mentioned Okafor as one of the popular picks.
I wanted to dig a little deeper and make it interesting by adding a few that may in fact be long shots but certainly have a chance.
Mirotic may not ever become an allstar but he definitely has more room to grow and you never know, he could be traded to a new team , make a good fit in the system and one year things could start to really click for him. Look at Szczerbiak, Korver, etc.
Hes still adjusting to the league and maybe if ever given the opportunity with a bigger role or more mins he could possibly shine. I like his game.
As far as Gilchrist, that is why I put him with the other "dark horse " picks.

And its still way too early to tell with Hezonja IMO.