PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Nowitzki once he retires

Tg11
02-15-2016, 12:12 PM
As soon as Dirk Nowitzki retires from the NBA assuming he will retire within the next couple of years if he does then where will that leave the Dallas Mavericks? Dirk is the face of their franchise has been for years and he's won a title already with Dallas so once he retires where will that leave the Dallas Mavericks?

kobe4thewinbang
02-16-2016, 01:30 AM
Well, the team will be without an immediate replacement, that's for sure. They've got decent players in Wes Matthews and Chandler Parsons and a good assortment of role players. They may try to acquire a star, but I wonder if the chase for Dwight really screwed them for the future. They lost all of their championship steam and drafting Larkin was a bust. They're in the playoffs as of now which doesn't get them a good pick. So, yeah, very uncertain waters but I think Dirk has 1-2 years left for them to figure it out. They got burned by DeAndre Jordan, but definitely gonna have new faces.

numba1CHANGsta
02-16-2016, 03:52 AM
Dirk is going to retire after next season, so the Mavs better find a replacement fast. One option would be to trade for Gallo from DEN or sign a big man like Holford or Whiteside in FA

Saddletramp
02-16-2016, 04:51 AM
^I don't think they have their pick next year.
Horford (or is it Holford?) or (especially) Whiteside are a replacement for Dirk? Who would they trade for Gallo (who is no Dirk) who wouldn't hurt their role players?

They are like a lot of teams, not bad enough to start over and not good enough to win anything, especially with a juggernaut like the Warriors dominating. Easy to say they should start over when Dirk retires but I doubt Cuban('s ego) will allow it.

YAALREADYKNO
02-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Reload once Dirk retires. I can't believe next season most likely will be his last smh