PDA

View Full Version : Celtics getting Kevin Love ???

basketballkitty
02-12-2016, 11:45 PM
Interesting. I always thought he was just a Stats guy. No defense, no athleticism, and not needed in Cleveland.

http://nesn.com/2016/02/nba-trade-rumors-celtics-reportedly-discussing-blockbuster-kevin-love-trade/

But what do you all think of this ?

jerellh528
02-12-2016, 11:48 PM
i posted this already right in the thread below this one

Wade n Fade
02-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Interesting. I always thought he was just a Stats guy. No defense, no athleticism, and not needed in Cleveland.

http://nesn.com/2016/02/nba-trade-rumors-celtics-reportedly-discussing-blockbuster-kevin-love-trade/

But what do you all think of this ?

GM LeBron is an idiot. I don't like Love for Boston. He is soft, plays zero D, and will not buy into the culture they have there. If they want to trade for a superstar, Blake Griffin is their best option.

Stunner
02-13-2016, 12:17 AM
The Cavs and Celtics have discussed a blockbuster trade that would send Kevin Love to Boston. (NYDN)

Knicks, Cavs and Celtics also discussed a blockbuster that sends Melo to Cleveland, Kevin Love to Boston and picks/players to NY. (NYDN)

5ass
02-13-2016, 12:36 AM
Smart, Crowder, olynyk for love and shumpert?

xxplayerxx23
02-13-2016, 12:42 AM
Brooklyn pick David Lee mozgov Marcus smart to ny
Boston gets love and some fillers
Cavs get Melo

:drool:

FOXHOUND
02-13-2016, 12:44 AM
This rumor is certainly interesting, but I'm not buying it for one major reason. I don't see why Ainge would willingly improve Cleveland just to get Love, who right now doesn't even have prime value. The whole idea for him is to build a team to beat Cleveland and beyond, making them stronger is counter productive.

I also don't buy that Melo would be a lock to have Cleveland on his NTC list. While I get the LeBron, JR and Shump connection, and the fact that they are a contender, I have a hard time believing he would willingly put himself in the Bosh/Love role. Having to play PF, do dirty work and primarily be a floor spacer? That doesn't sound like something Melo would dive into. They're not going to change their entire team dynamic just for Melo. It's obvious that the LeBron 3-star system is built around him, a star guard ball handler in Wade/Irving and a floor spacing big to open up the paint for them that they can kick out to in Bosh/Love/would be Melo.

basketballkitty
02-13-2016, 12:47 AM
This rumor is certainly interesting, but I'm not buying it for one major reason. I don't see why Ainge would willingly improve Cleveland just to get Love, who right now doesn't even have prime value. The whole idea for him is to build a team to beat Cleveland and beyond, making them stronger is counter productive.

I would agree except that Ainge has always been on the record on how he loves Love. And if he thinks he can give up Pick/s, likely both Lee and Sulinger to get him, he will.

FOXHOUND
02-13-2016, 12:50 AM
I would agree except that Ainge has always been on the record on how he loves Love. And if he thinks he can give up Pick/s, likely both Lee and Sulinger to get him, he will.

True, but does he love him enough to make Cleveland stronger? Does he want him at the expense of then asking Love to carry a team of good role players to beat LeBron, Melo, Irving and good role players? That's a tall order.

Alayla
02-13-2016, 12:55 AM
Silly Rumor
Looks good for all sides though from the little info we have to bad melo isn't leaving NY.

IndyRealist
02-13-2016, 12:56 AM
I don't see how this makes Cleveland better. Melo becomes the new Chris Bosh.

basketballkitty
02-13-2016, 12:56 AM
True, but does he love him enough to make Cleveland stronger? Does he want him at the expense of then asking Love to carry a team of good role players to beat LeBron, Melo, Irving and good role players? That's a tall order.

Maybe not. But Ainge doesn't make decisions based on Fear or what other teams may become. And besides if any team is a threat in the East other then the Cavs, I feel it is Toronto. If they can use their two 1st rounders and some filler players, they could really Improve by the deadline.

FOXHOUND
02-13-2016, 01:01 AM
I don't see how this makes Cleveland better. Melo becomes the new Chris Bosh.

A) Melo is better than Love

B) Ridiculous of a sample as it is, Melo has shown on Team USA that he can thrive in a low volume situation if he's being fed good shots. Love has completely failed at that, and funny enough looking back could never get off the bench on Team USA. I doubt the idea of Melo knowingly diving into that situation, but who knows.

FOXHOUND
02-13-2016, 01:04 AM
Maybe not. But Ainge doesn't make decisions based on Fear or what other teams may become. And besides if any team is a threat in the East other then the Cavs, I feel it is Toronto. If they can use their two 1st rounders and some filler players, they could really Improve by the deadline.

True and true, we'll have to see what transpires. I think all of this is jumping the gun, and take it from a NYer that Isola isn't exactly a reputable source for these sort of things. It's pretty convenient that such a rumor would drop in his lap after Melo makes comments that can be construed that he's thinking about leaving.

I think Melo only asks for a trade if Phil strikes out this offseason. Certainly, nothing is happening during the break.

bucketss
02-13-2016, 01:15 AM
old, injury prone melo who would be playing out of position, not sure how hes much of an upgrade over love :eyebrow:

xxplayerxx23
02-13-2016, 01:17 AM
old, injury prone melo who would be playing out of position, not sure how hes much of an upgrade over love :eyebrow:

He's much better on both ends

FriedTofuz
02-13-2016, 01:23 AM
So the cavs essentially traded 1st round pick andrew wiggins for melo if this rumor turns out to be legit LOL.

Trade wiggins for Love --> Love --> melo..

Damn I bet knick fans wouldve originally preferred if they couldve gotten wiggins haha

Da Knicks
02-13-2016, 01:33 AM

Your hatred for melo is so great it's pretty funny to me but has really soured on many basketball fans in this site. You are probably the reason for many of the posters who have left, great job! Last post I ever direct towards you, just like to point out that a bunch of the fans in this site have left and your posts are part of the reason.

IndyRealist
02-13-2016, 01:34 AM
A) Melo is better than Love

B) Ridiculous of a sample as it is, Melo has shown on Team USA that he can thrive in a low volume situation if he's being fed good shots. Love has completely failed at that, and funny enough looking back could never get off the bench on Team USA. I doubt the idea of Melo knowingly diving into that situation, but who knows.

A is an opinion

B is true in the strictest sense, but considering Team USA was only playing one big most games it hardly seems like a fair statement because it's taken vastly out of context.

xxplayerxx23
02-13-2016, 01:43 AM
If anything Melo is a better fit.

FOXHOUND
02-13-2016, 01:47 AM
A is an opinion

B is true in the strictest sense, but considering Team USA was only playing one big most games it hardly seems like a fair statement because it's taken vastly out of context.

True, but it's not like Melo can't play PF. The best two seasons of his career came with him primarily playing PF.

shep33
02-13-2016, 01:47 AM
Not buying it

numba1CHANGsta
02-13-2016, 01:50 AM
LOL even with Melo+KD+BG+D12 the Cavs still wouldn't win the NBA Finals haha man that franchise is desperate AF :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Aust
02-13-2016, 01:57 AM
LOL even with Melo+KD+BG+D12 the Cavs still wouldn't win the NBA Finals haha man that franchise is desperate AF :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Who is BG?

bucketss
02-13-2016, 01:57 AM
Your hatred for melo is so great it's pretty funny to me but has really soured on many basketball fans in this site. You are probably the reason for many of the posters who have left, great job! Last post I ever direct towards you, just like to point out that a bunch of the fans in this site have left and your posts are part of the reason.

haven't seen you in awhile ;) i remember that playoff series with lebron and melo :) classic, haven't talked about melo much since, this will be his third straight year missing the playoffs most likely.

i doubt i have that type of effect on people.

CHANGO
02-13-2016, 02:29 AM
I don't see how this would make the Cavs better.

"Love is/was struggling, because he's not getting involved as much as he was without Kyrie healthy, yeah, he's not that good, let's add a more ball dominant high volume scorer that will take us to the top" nahhhhh not seeing this.

IKnowHoops
02-13-2016, 03:15 AM
If it was 27 year old melo, I'd say sure. I need to do a little more research before signing off on this one. I do agree Melo is a better fit. But I'd like a younger star.

Nikeman
02-13-2016, 03:48 AM
If I'm the Cavs, I do whatever I can to also acquire Sullinger. Anthony is not a true PF and if you are giving up Love you want some sort of PF who can take his place if you wanna go big. With the age gap, straight up Anthony for Love is not s good deal

kobe4thewinbang
02-13-2016, 08:45 AM
Someone explain to me why the Celtics and 'mastermind by all accounts' GM Ainge would want a recently made-of-glass spot up shooter that's lost his balls?

mike_noodles
02-13-2016, 08:58 AM
If Melo replaces Love in Cleveland, are they actually a better team?

hugepatsfan
02-13-2016, 09:11 AM
I hope Ainge isn't after Love anymore. I want Stevens putting in a small ball system. Love in a small ball system has to be a 5 but he's too poor defensively for you to be good with him there.

That's not even to mention the price. I'd rather just keep all the cheap young guys we have and look to free agency to add talent (hoping for Horford).

PAOboston
02-13-2016, 09:33 AM
I hope Ainge isn't after Love anymore. I want Stevens putting in a small ball system. Love in a small ball system has to be a 5 but he's too poor defensively for you to be good with him there.

That's not even to mention the price. I'd rather just keep all the cheap young guys we have and look to free agency to add talent (hoping for Horford).
When they go small now they play with either Olynyk or Sullinger. Do you think it's thaaat much of a drop off defensively?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-13-2016, 09:53 AM
Sounds like if Melo waived his no trade clause it become a 3 team trade. Where Knicks get bunch of picks and Mozgov. Knicks still probably have to take on another big contract to get close to Melo's salary.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-melo-veto-deal-send-cavs-article-1.2530306?cid=bitly&utm_content=buffera1ce8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

Green_Monster
02-13-2016, 10:03 AM
Sounds like if Melo waived his no trade clause it become a 3 team trade. Where Knicks get bunch of picks and Mozgov. Knicks still probably have to take on another big contract to get close to Melo's salary.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-melo-veto-deal-send-cavs-article-1.2530306?cid=bitly&utm_content=buffera1ce8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

If the rumor is true, that big salary would be David Lee.

basketballkitty
02-13-2016, 10:21 AM
I just don't understand why Ainge would want Love. I mean he brings nothing the Celtics need. The Celtics are already the 4th best offensive team in the league....so why would they need Love's offense ? And as for Rebounding, the Celtics are also like tied for 6th in team rebounding. So again, I say why give up any sort of valuable assets to get someone who you don't need ? I mean if anything the Celts should be looking to address their defense, and getting more Athletic in the front court. Something a Kevin Love does not bring.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-13-2016, 10:37 AM
If the rumor is true, that big salary would be David Lee.

That was my guess as well. Melo to Cavs, Love to Celtics and Lee and Mozgov and picks to Knicks. KP becomes the man in NY. I think the Knicks would want one of the Nets picks though. No way they settle for them late playoff draft picks. 2016 draft is weak any way.

Forever35
02-13-2016, 12:02 PM
That was my guess as well. Melo to Cavs, Love to Celtics and Lee and Mozgov and picks to Knicks. KP becomes the man in NY. I think the Knicks would want one of the Nets picks though. No way they settle for them late playoff draft picks. 2016 draft is weak any way.

If NY can move Calderon within a trade maybe they would be content with multiple picks vs. BK's 16' 1st...

Forever35
02-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Everybody knows what the C's have...

If LeBron wants to win in Cle he probably knows players must be added...

If NY wants to be in the mix during FA they know they have to shed salary...

Let the phone ring at 11:59 on the 18th and something may fall into the C's lap by the 19th...

bagwell368
02-13-2016, 01:08 PM
GM LeBron is an idiot. I don't like Love for Boston. He is soft, plays zero D, and will not buy into the culture they have there. If they want to trade for a superstar, Blake Griffin is their best option.

Oh please, what use would a LA guy like Griffin have with Boston?

What would the C's want with a guy with no range outside of 8'?

Horford is a much better fit the with C's.

bagwell368
02-13-2016, 01:10 PM

Melo is one of the top 20 players in NBA history you don't want if you want to win it. The truth is the truth. He's a female dog.

D-Leethal
02-13-2016, 01:10 PM
Horford is a primo fit for the Celtics for sure. He would make them the 2nd best team in the East by far. Probably make them a legit threat to CLE.

How about both Lopez and Love to the Cs?

D-Leethal
02-13-2016, 01:12 PM
Celtics are a 3 seed and I think they could add Lopez and Love without losing any contributing players. They would have to weigh the benefit of that vs the BK pick. I would really want Crowder to be coming back to NY if we lose Melo to CLE though.

bagwell368
02-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Another reason getting Love in a 2 way would suck is that the useful players the Cavs would get is KO for sure and Crowder maybe. If anything that makes them better and the C's sideways or worse. If the Nets pick was #1 or #2 you just handed Cle at least 4 Finals visits in the next 5 years.

No thanks.

CardinalRed24
02-13-2016, 01:30 PM
I knew it was a mistake the very second he resigned in Cleveland. He is better off being the focal point as oppose to a 2nd/3rd option.

hugepatsfan
02-13-2016, 05:55 PM
When they go small now they play with either Olynyk or Sullinger. Do you think it's thaaat much of a drop off defensively?

The difference is those guys aren't signed to max deals. We're not locked into them long-term. I don't want to give up premium assets and lock in a bunch of cap space on someone who isn't a great fit for what I want the team to be.

HouRealCoach
02-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Great trade for the Knicks... I think they rape the other two in this deal

CHANGO
02-13-2016, 07:45 PM
Some Celtics official writer tweeted that nothing was happening with Love to the C's... Of course, "League Sources" told him that. But I don't think the trade's going to happen.

IKnowHoops
02-13-2016, 07:54 PM
Another reason getting Love in a 2 way would suck is that the useful players the Cavs would get is KO for sure and Crowder maybe. If anything that makes them better and the C's sideways or worse. If the Nets pick was #1 or #2 you just handed Cle at least 4 Finals visits in the next 5 years.

No thanks.

Hopefully Sullinger and Crowder. If Cavs are giving up Love, and getting back Melo, Crowder and Sullinger then I do that deal in a heartbeat if I'm the Cavs. I bet Melo plays very well next to Bron.

hugepatsfan
02-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Hopefully Sullinger and Crowder. If Cavs are giving up Love, and getting back Melo, Crowder and Sullinger then I do that deal in a heartbeat if I'm the Cavs. I bet Melo plays very well next to Bron.

If you guys are getting Crowder and Sullinger, what are the Knicks getting back for Melo?

IKnowHoops
02-13-2016, 08:13 PM
If you guys are getting Crowder and Sullinger, what are the Knicks getting back for Melo?

No clue. I'm just making a statement based off the previous posters comments about the Cavs getting KO and possibly Crowder

hugepatsfan
02-13-2016, 11:38 PM
No clue. I'm just making a statement based off the previous posters comments about the Cavs getting KO and possibly Crowder

He was talking about BOS getting love in a "2 way" so I don't think he was including Melo. If hypothetically that 3 team trade came up, I can't imagine you guys getting much else besides Melo.

Ball_Out
02-14-2016, 12:03 AM
lmao. Got damn this site hates Carmello

Vee-Rex
02-14-2016, 02:12 PM
Both Melo and Bron already shot this rumor down.

Chronz
02-14-2016, 02:15 PM
lmao. Got damn this site hates Carmello

The ultimate white flag. Just cuz people disagree with your opinion, doesn't mean they hate the person you cherish.

Ball_Out
02-14-2016, 02:23 PM
The ultimate white flag. Just cuz people disagree with your opinion, doesn't mean they hate the person you cherish.
Save all that please. I'm not into arguing with fools who think they are right no matter what based on criteria that this site deems important, IE "per". I've been lurking on this site for years and I see the people that this community hate no matter what they do. Your a Clippers fan and don't want to get rid of Blake for Melo right? That's dumb, Melo and Paul would be excellent off each other. Paul needs another wing threat that can score ANYWHERE on the floor. Blake can't score thr ways Melo can obviously. But like I said before, your a Clippers fan and have no idea what winning means.

IndyRealist
02-14-2016, 02:50 PM
Save all that please. I'm not into arguing with fools who think they are right no matter what based on criteria that this site deems important, IE "per". I've been lurking on this site for years and I see the people that this community hate no matter what they do. Your a Clippers fan and don't want to get rid of Blake for Melo right? That's dumb, Melo and Paul would be excellent off each other. Paul needs another wing threat that can score ANYWHERE on the floor. Blake can't score thr ways Melo can obviously. But like I said before, your a Clippers fan and have no idea what winning means.

You've been lurking for years here and think anybody cares about PER? No one with a post count over 1000 brings it up because they know they'll get ripped to shreds. It's sad that PSDers feel the need to make dupe accounts because no one agrees with them.

Ball_Out
02-14-2016, 02:55 PM
You've been lurking for years here and think anybody cares about PER? No one with a post count over 1000 brings it up because they know they'll get ripped to shreds. It's sad that PSDers feel the need to make dupe accounts because no one agrees with them.
I don't understand this post. I've been coming here for years and decided to finally make an account.. It's sad that PSDers feel the need to argue and gang up instead of actual basketball talk. Happy valentine day sweetheart

Scoots
02-14-2016, 06:04 PM
It's sad that PSDers feel the need to make dupe accounts because no one agrees with them.

I just assume most of us think the rest of us are just dumb for not agreeing :)

jetsRsnitchaz
02-14-2016, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=Ball_Out;30736421]But like I said before, your a Clippers fan and have no idea what winning means.

neither does carmelo

Ball_Out
02-14-2016, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=Ball_Out;30736421]But like I said before, your a Clippers fan and have no idea what winning means.

neither does carmelo
Carmelo Anthony has been to the Western conference finals. Who on the Clippers has?

shep33
02-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Sucks to see Kevin Love be a role player. Like Bosh was a perfect fit for what Miami was doing. Love can still put up 25-12-3 easily.

Wade n Fade
02-14-2016, 07:17 PM
Sucks to see Kevin Love be a role player. Like Bosh was a perfect fit for what Miami was doing. Love can still put up 25-12-3 easily.

What's the point of putting good #s up and having nothing to show for? That's what he had in Minny. Do you think people are going to remember Michael Redd first and foremost? No, he was a good player in his prime, but he put up #s on Bucks squads that didn't do much historically speaking.

shep33
02-14-2016, 07:40 PM
What's the point of putting good #s up and having nothing to show for? That's what he had in Minny. Do you think people are going to remember Michael Redd first and foremost? No, he was a good player in his prime, but he put up #s on Bucks squads that didn't do much historically speaking.

Man... that's so not fair. His last year in Minny he got them 40 wins in the brutal west. Nobody good was on that squad.

Wade n Fade
02-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Man... that's so not fair. His last year in Minny he got them 40 wins in the brutal west. Nobody good was on that squad.

That's fine and all, but like I said, nobody will remember the Redds and Loves carrying squads in a random year when they were the lone player(s) on a team. People will only remember the events like LeBron's 07 Finals Squad with him, you, me, and Delonte West.

shep33
02-14-2016, 09:10 PM
That's fine and all, but like I said, nobody will remember the Redds and Loves carrying squads in a random year when they were the lone player(s) on a team. People will only remember the events like LeBron's 07 Finals Squad with him, you, me, and Delonte West.

lol touche, I just think he can be an integral part to a team's success. Like, if he went to Boston he could average 20 and 10 and make them a better playoff team.

Not like their bigs play great D anyways, I mean outside of maybe Amir. Olynk and Sully can't guard anyone

mrblisterdundee
02-14-2016, 10:40 PM
David Lee, Jared Sullinger and a first-round pick seem fair for Kevin Love at this point. People know Cleveland doesn't need him and isn't in the best bargaining position. But I think Boston should stay away from guys like Love and Carmelo Anthony at this point.
I wonder if a deal could be worked out for Chris Bosh. I think Love would fit nicely next to Hassan Whiteside, while Bosh has always worked well next to James. Cleveland would have to throw something else in, like Matthew Dellavedova, to sweeten the pot.

IndyRealist
02-14-2016, 10:46 PM
David Lee, Jared Sullinger and a first-round pick seem fair for Kevin Love at this point. People know Cleveland doesn't need him and isn't in the best bargaining position. But I think Boston should stay away from guys like Love and Carmelo Anthony at this point.
I wonder if a deal could be worked out for Chris Bosh. I think Love would fit nicely next to Hassan Whiteside, while Bosh has always worked well next to James. Cleveland would have to throw something else in, like Matthew Dellavedova, to sweeten the pot.
That never seemed to be the prevailing theory, but rather that Bosh was being carried by Wade and Lebron.

Scoots
02-15-2016, 12:29 AM
One bad defensive player breaks entire team's defensive schemes. If I were Boston I'd be very cautious going hard for a player who is bad on one end of the floor.

Chronz
02-15-2016, 02:37 AM
One bad defensive player breaks entire team's defensive schemes. If I were Boston I'd be very cautious going hard for a player who is bad on one end of the floor.

You can scheme around anyone, its just harder cuz hes a PF. Clips have a similar problem with Blake but not to the degree of Love. Its easier to field elite defenses with poor defensive PG's than it is with bigs like Love.

Tg11
02-15-2016, 12:30 PM
If Love were to go to Boston then I think over there he could actually revitalize his career in Boston

PAOboston
02-15-2016, 05:56 PM

The Celtics have like the 3rd best defense in the league with their big man rotation comprised of Sullinger, Olynyk, Johnson, and Zeller. I get that Love is and has never really been a great individual defender. But would his addition really affect the Celtics thaaaat much? While he might not be a stellar defender, I don't think anyone would argue that he isn't a significantly better offensive player than any of the Boston bigs at the moment.

In the end, this conversation doesn't really matter as I don't think there's any chance of this deal happening. I think Ainge wants to make a deal but I don't think he gonna sell the farm to get someone like Love at the deadline.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-15-2016, 07:50 PM
To Toronto: Kevin Love (Cavs)
To Cleveland: Brook Lopez (Nets), Bogan Bogdanovic (Nets)
To Nets: Patrick Patterson (Raps), Terrence Ross (Raps), James Johnson (Raps), Luis Scola (Raps), Delon Wright (Raps), NYK 2016 1st round pick (Raps), Raptors 2016 1st round pick (Raps), LAC 2017 1st round pick (Raps), Cavs 2017 1st round pick (Cavs).

mrblisterdundee
02-16-2016, 06:59 PM
That never seemed to be the prevailing theory, but rather that Bosh was being carried by Wade and Lebron.

That's not the impression I got. Bosh's ability to switch between power forward and center was an integral part of Miami's versatility. They went to the finals every year they were together, and won two championships. I don't know how they can be considered as not working well together.
Not that it has anything to do with Bosh now, who's basically untradable with his medical issues.

IndyRealist
02-16-2016, 07:11 PM
That's not the impression I got. Bosh's ability to switch between power forward and center was an integral part of Miami's versatility. They went to the finals every year they were together, and won two championships. I don't know how they can be considered as not working well together.
Not that it has anything to do with Bosh now, who's basically untradable with his medical issues.

I recall it differently bc I was the one constantly defending Bosh. You really don't remember "two and a half men"?
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/scottie-pippen-calls-chris-bosh-half-a-player-doesnt-think-heat-will-break-any-record-6558636