PDA

View Full Version : Butler to magic declined ?

Stunner
02-12-2016, 04:25 PM
Idk how true it is but

?

Breaking News: Source close to #Magic informs CSR that they recently turned down an offer centered around Chicago's Jimmy Butler.

https://twitter.com/csrorlando/status/698230853378428928

#Bulls reportedly asked for Victor Oladipo, a first round pick and another player, and #Magic turned it down.

https://twitter.com/csrorlando/status/698231196447334401

They happened. We are confused why Chicago would part ways with Butler- maybe because of friction w/ Rose, Hoiberg.

https://twitter.com/csrorlando/status/698237589573214209

SportsFanatic10
02-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Sounds kinda crazy, if they pick Rose over him that will be a big mistake that's for sure...

5ass
02-12-2016, 04:33 PM
Its a rumour so who knows what's true, but it could be the Bulls asked for Gordon+Oladipo and Magic turned it down. Gordon has been looking real good lately, and they probably want to pair him with butler. Other than Gordon, I'd pretty much trade anyone for Jimmy. I love him. I think a package of Oladipo+Harris with picks and maybe Fournier is good for the magic.

FOXHOUND
02-12-2016, 04:39 PM
If this is true,

A) The Bulls are completely stupid for wanting to trade Butler.

B) The Magic are completely stupid for turning down any offer centered around two of their players and a 1st for Butler.

pacofunk64
02-12-2016, 04:40 PM
With the Bulls front office I believe it. A bunch of Turds

Aust
02-12-2016, 04:42 PM
They are choosing Rose and/or Hoiberg over Butler? Is he cancerous or something? wtf

Stunner
02-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Its a rumour so who knows what's true, but it could be the Bulls asked for Gordon+Oladipo and Magic turned it down. Gordon has been looking real good lately, and they probably want to pair him with butler. Other than Gordon, I'd pretty much trade anyone for Jimmy. I love him. I think a package of Oladipo+Harris with picks and maybe Fournier is good for the magic.

Man if the rumor was true and if this deal came out on the table I hope the Bulls take it

DboneG
02-12-2016, 04:55 PM
There's no such thing as Loyalty in today's NBA. The Bulls can see as well as I, that Jimmy Butler can't carry a team. He can't shoot, great defense, great motor, he's a open court player...in a set offense/half court he's so-so. Not that good at giving assists. So, get rid of him while his value is high.

5ass
02-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Man if the rumor was true and if this deal came out on the table I hope the Bulls take it

Yeah I think its a solid offer for the Bulls, kind of surprised you'd be all for it, but I do think the Bulls need a new start. Not sure what other teams would give up. Boston could also look to trade for him, but they'd need to use Brooklyn picks. What package from the Celtics do you think beats that offer I posted?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Dipo Harris sure

Dipo Gordon id say prob not

Sofnr
02-12-2016, 05:04 PM
I don't buy it. I don't see anything reputable about this. Even the bulls FO isn't that dumb. Butler is the guy you build around, not the guy you trade. If they didn't want him around they wouldn't have bothered to match the sheet in the offseason. It's got to be a hell of a package to pry away Butler and if that's the case i assume they'd be completely blowing up the whole team and trying to rebuild. You certainly wouldn't trade Butler to make Rose happy. He's older then Butler and probably not even a top 4 player on the team anymore.

5ass
02-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Dipo Harris sure

Dipo Gordon id say prob not
People are probably saying wtf, Gordon is going to hold up a deal? Answer is yes. The Magic are high on the guy they took 4th and he would thrive with a mentor like jimmy. Gordon can follow in his footsteps to become a great two way player. The magic wouldnt give up their best asset if they dont need to.

5ass
02-12-2016, 05:08 PM
I don't buy it. I don't see anything reputable about this. Even the bulls FO isn't that dumb. Butler is the guy you build around, not the guy you trade. If they didn't want him around they wouldn't have bothered to match the sheet in the offseason. It's got to be a hell of a package to pry away Butler and if that's the case i assume they'd be completely blowing up the whole team and trying to rebuild. You certainly wouldn't trade Butler to make Rose happy. He's older then Butler and probably not even a top 4 player on the team anymore.
Letting butler go in the offseason would've been a huge mistake. Why let him go for nothing if you can get very good assets in return.

effen5
02-12-2016, 05:09 PM
What in the **** are the bulls doing....are they getting rid of Butler because hes the hardest worker on the team, best defender on the team, and the best two player on the team? I mean seriously **** garpax

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2016, 05:12 PM
I dont buy this rumor at all. Magic don't have much of anything to even net Butler.

effen5
02-12-2016, 05:15 PM
I dont buy this rumor at all. Magic don't have much of anything to even net Butler.
Actually outside of Butler chicago doesn't have much of anything to net anyone anywhere

5ass

Lol are you going to try to discredit the magic in every thread because i said i'm not high on parker? Lol you yourself said he reminds you of derrick williams, i havent called him a bust. Stop being so bitter...

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk

Hahahha still butt hurt

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Yea unless you watch magic often which obviously unless your a fan you don't, you wouldn't get the Gordon love .... he has some serious promise and is only 20 he is so dang athletic its crazy

Stunner
02-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Yeah I think its a solid offer for the Bulls, kind of surprised you'd be all for it, but I do think the Bulls need a new start. Not sure what other teams would give up. Boston could also look to trade for him, but they'd need to use Brooklyn picks. What package from the Celtics do you think beats that offer I posted?

If Boston gave up that Brooklyn pick I'll def be for it

Stunner
02-12-2016, 05:24 PM

This a lie

GiantsSwaGG
02-12-2016, 05:26 PM

:facepalm: seriously?

Stunner
02-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Gladly accept a call back offer of Ola / Harris / Dedmon and a pick for Butler and Snell

5ass
02-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Gladly accept a call back offer of Ola / Harris / Dedmon and a pick for Butler and Snell

Personally, I'd do that.

What if PHX offers Booker and their pick? I can see them trading for Butler and rolling with Knight, Bledsoe and Butler next year..

Gibby23
02-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Look at the source. He has like 115 followers. Shouldn't be allowed to post junk like this. lol

Stunner
02-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Personally, I'd do that.

What if PHX offers Booker and their pick? I can see them trading for Butler and rolling with Knight, Bledsoe and Butler next year..

I'll do that too

Sofnr
02-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Look at the source. He has like 115 followers. Shouldn't be allowed to post junk like this. lol

Agreed. People believe random nonsense so easily now.

Gibby23
02-12-2016, 05:50 PM
It doesn't even make sense for the Bulls to trade him. He is on a deal of a contract and after next year they will have like 80 million in cap space with Butler on the books

Stunner
02-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Agreed. People believe random nonsense so easily now.

As you can see , nobody believed it . If you can read from the post I state I don't know if it's true but if so it was an interesting discussion because both sides and players actually would make sense in a trade .

Gibby23
02-12-2016, 05:53 PM
As you can see , nobody believed it . If you can read from the post I state I don't know if it's true but if so it was an interesting discussion because both sides and players actually would make sense in a trade .

Then put it in the trade deadline thread.

Stunner
02-12-2016, 05:53 PM
It doesn't even make sense for the Bulls to trade him. He is on a deal of a contract and after next year they will have like 80 million in cap space with Butler on the books

Huh ? Why wouldn't it make sense for the Bulls to trade their best player for multiple good players to help fill out a roster who is in dire need of talent in general especially with the injuries they have piled up already . Some bulls fans would be behind this deal of we got fair value back . Nobody on this roster is untouchable and Butler def hasn't earn that right to be called so .

Stunner
02-12-2016, 05:54 PM

Didn't see or look for one so if a mod had a problem with it they shall move it as they wish .

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2016, 05:56 PM
:facepalm: seriously?

Well the link is from a twitter account of 117 followers? Heck I can spew stuff out on twitter and say close to a source. Be different story if WOJ retweets and give the names of the players. But this seems more made up. Bulls trying to trade a All Star to lottery team yet is denied. They ask for Lakers pick in 2018 and entire starting line up or what? lol This barely thread worthy in the NBA forum. We already got the never to early for trade deadline thread going. This should be merged or moved to Magic board.

Blink
02-12-2016, 05:58 PM
I haven't seen any Magic games this year and doubt the rumors seriously but if true Magic fans would you really decline Butler to keep Gordon.

Also if I'm a team looking to rebuild the Magic are one the teams that come to mind I'd want to make a trade with.

Sofnr
02-12-2016, 06:00 PM

Actually several people in this thread believed it :) It's not a big deal. I just don't see the point in having a thread every time a random person on twitter makes up a story. It happens twenty times a day. There is nothing reputable about it. Just seems pretty pointless.

Gibby23
02-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Well the link is from a twitter account of 117 followers? Heck I can spew stuff out on twitter and say close to a source. Be different story if WOJ retweets and give the names of the players. But this seems more made up. Bulls trying to trade a All Star to lottery team yet is denied. They ask for Lakers pick in 2018 and entire starting line up or what? lol This barely thread worthy in the NBA forum. We already got the never to early for trade deadline thread going. This should be merged or moved to Magic board.

116 if you don't count Stunner

Stunner
02-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Like I said I don't know if it's true or not regardless of the fact it's not crazy to think of a team declining s Butler trade if they think giving up a certain player isn't worth it .

I'm glad you outsiders think so highly of Jimmy Butler than some Bulls fans do . If Bulls were thinking about moving Jimmy it wouldn't be just to do it , they would havd want something they think they can use now and for the future seeing the Bulls DONT have a future on this roster worth building around . Jimmy can't carry a franchise , he isn't that guy . He's a great number 2 not a star yet but a a guaranteed all star level talent . Think what you want but yea

Stunner
02-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Idk who this guy is but maybe Orlando fans do , he seems to believe them as a source guess he knows them

https://twitter.com/davidbaumannorl/status/698244801515429888

https://twitter.com/davidbaumannorl/status/698258477106536448

Gibby23
02-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Like I said I don't know if it's true or not regardless of the fact it's not crazy to think of a team declining s Butler trade if they think giving up a certain player isn't worth it .

I'm glad you outsiders think so highly of Jimmy Butler than some Bulls fans do . If Bulls were thinking about moving Jimmy it wouldn't be just to do it , they would havd want something they think they can use now and for the future seeing the Bulls DONT have a future on this roster worth building around . Jimmy can't carry a franchise , he isn't that guy . He's a great number 2 not a star yet but a a guaranteed all star level talent . Think what you want but yea

Why do we all have to talk about it. Seems like a Bulls or Magic forum type of thread. Pointless.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2016, 06:09 PM

Actually should be moved to Magic board since its bogus news. Sad how far the forum has fallen. Like 5 years ago a mod would of moved this thread in seconds.

Stunner
02-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Good to see people love to complain about everything on here .

but back on topic mods if it's a problem you shall move it you guys are the bosses . Sorry for any problems

5ass
02-12-2016, 06:12 PM

Stop hating man. Whether the rumour is true or not your statement about magic not having enough assets is false. Ofcourse being the second youngest team in the league its hard to make the play offs if they need a 0.500 record. The magic have some of the best assets in the league to make a trade for a star.

Stunner
02-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Why do we all have to talk about it. Seems like a Bulls or Magic forum type of thread. Pointless.

Nobody said you did , did you not choose to come in and scroll and type in this thread ? You did that sir nobody forced you

Gibby23
02-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Nobody said you did , did you not choose to come in and scroll and type in this thread ? You did that sir nobody forced you

It's not even real. lol

5ass
02-12-2016, 06:15 PM

Lol, you don't have to do anything. Just leave the thread. What's so bad about making a new thread when this forum has so little activity?

GiantsSwaGG

Sorry, I should have highlighted the "Magic don't have enough to net Butler" part.

Sofnr
I've got no problem with someone wanting to discuss the idea of Butler being traded or whether or not the magic match up well for such a trade. But then we should probably change the thread title. It's a little misleading since it looks highly unlikely any talks ever occurred or were declined.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-12-2016, 06:31 PM
I've never seen someone so butt hurt as highlife lol and then he gets called out by like three or four people and completely ignores it lol credibility lost...

And I don't understand why people care so much that this is a thread lol how does it affect your life so much? Clearly the rumor isn't a strong source but if it was what's wrong with a potential trade rumors being posted between two teams on the main form? I see it all the time

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-12-2016, 06:33 PM
And someone said prior " would you really let Aaron Gordon stop you from getting Jimmy Butler?"

My answer is it's not that simple its not Aaron Gordon for Jimmy Butler it's Victor Oladipo and a first and Aaron Gordon that's a bit different even when you have actual Bulls fans saying how Butler is overrated

DamnGoat
02-12-2016, 06:33 PM
I love Jimmy, but our roster needs a rebuild in the worst way. He's by far the best asset we have and would net the best return, so I wouldn't hate it. Doesn't seem legit though.

I also don't think this signals the Bulls picking Rose over Butler either. It's going to be tough to move Rose unless it's for a salary dump to a desperate team. I think/hope they're just riding out his contract til after 2017 and he can become some other teams' headache.

yungincome
02-12-2016, 06:35 PM

:laugh2: what?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-12-2016, 06:38 PM
^^^ make that 5 people

KG2TB
02-12-2016, 06:41 PM

Holy ****. Harris, Dipo, Fournier, and a 1st for Butler? I would take this and run. And run. And run.

5ass
02-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Holy ****. Harris, Dipo, Fournier, and a 1st for Butler? I would take this and run. And run. And run.

JMO, but I would be happy with a line up of

Payton
Mario
Butler
Gordon
Vucevic

We'd also have enough cap space for a max contract or even two if we dump Frye and Watson, which shouldn't be too hard.

KG2TB
02-12-2016, 07:03 PM
JMO, but I would be happy with a line up of

Payton
Mario
Butler
Gordon
Vucevic

We'd also have enough cap space for a max contract or even two if we dump Frye and Watson, which shouldn't be too hard.

I agree the Magic would have a very nice lineup. Young promising talent with money to work with in free agency. I'd love the deal from the Bulls perspective. We really need to shake the roster up and get younger and more athletic. Not too sure on the source of the rumor though.

KobeOwnSU
02-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Call up the Lakers. We can take the contracts of Butler and Noah off your hands. Throw in Clarkson and Randle too.

jerellh528
02-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Call up the Lakers. We can take the contracts of Butler and Noah off your hands. Throw in Clarkson and Randle too.

Yea call us up. I'd do clarkson, Randle, hibbert's contract, and 32nd pick for butler

Kyben36
02-12-2016, 07:18 PM
this front office is what needs to be traded, you dont trade a tallent like Jimmy. unless its for a guy like Cousins, but Tobias and Oladipo and a first is not worth it.

KG2TB
02-12-2016, 07:21 PM
this front office is what needs to be traded, you dont trade a tallent like Jimmy. unless its for a guy like Cousins, but Tobias and Oladipo and a first is not worth it.

That first will prob be top 10. That's a good deal just with Tobias, Dipo, and a 1st. But throw in Fournier and I think it's a no brainer for the Bulls.

5ass
02-12-2016, 07:38 PM
That first will prob be top 10. That's a good deal just with Tobias, Dipo, and a 1st. But throw in Fournier and I think it's a no brainer for the Bulls.

Yeah I feel its a good deal without Fournier, and I would love to keep him obviously, but I added him for a few reasons..
1)Mario is emerging as a replacement
2)Fournier is about to be a RFA, and will get paid
3)Butler is so valuable in the east because if we meet the cavs in the play offs, you gotta have someone that will make LeBron work.

Scoots
02-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Whenever a team tries to trade their best player and the contract is not coming up that ALWAYS means the player is not fitting in the team ... and not usually with just one person unless that person is an even bigger star ... or is not as good as he looks.

The fact is that the front office is essentially stuck paying someone who doesn't fit and blowing up the team to build around them (very rare that the player is that good ... Jordan and Kobe for example) or shipping the player out.

So, either Butler is overrated and the insiders really know he is, he's a cancer, or the front office prefers Rose over Butler.

ManRam
02-12-2016, 08:32 PM
yeah...the source is likely a fraud.

the magic have no doubt been contacting teams, and maybe they asked chicago about butler and chicago asked for a ransom and the magic said goodbye. but this "rumor" is nothing.