PDA

View Full Version : ADs on Jerseys coming to a stadium near you

TrueFan420
02-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet..
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14762701/nba-owners-discuss-league-proposal-put-advertisements-jerseys

tredigs
02-11-2016, 10:40 PM
I don't know, it really doesn't effect me much either way. There are ads EVERYWHERE in the modern world and EVERYWHERE in an NBA stadium, including already all over the players uniforms/shoes/etc.

Plus, all this article is saying is that part of the owners meeting at the AS Break will be to ask them for feedback on this potential future proposal on whether or not a single ad should or should not be put on a jersey 2 seasons from now. On the totem poll of NBA issues, I think it's the least important to me as a fan.

That said, I don't buy NBA jerseys. It might matter more for those of you who do.

J_M_B
02-11-2016, 11:32 PM
Would be such an eye sore .. C'mon Silver this isn't NASCAR

HandsOnTheWheel
02-11-2016, 11:35 PM
In order to address the disparity in market size and the value larger cities would have compared to smaller cities, the league is proposing that 50 percent of the money from uniform ad deals would be kept by teams, while the other 50 percent would go into a revenue-sharing pot.
Actually doesn't sound too bad. I always thought that ads would make jerseys look cheap, but so be it if it means helping out smaller market teams.

JWO35
02-11-2016, 11:46 PM
As long as it's not this http://i58.tinypic.com/2gspcgi.jpg then I'm okay with it honestly....

mike_noodles
02-11-2016, 11:56 PM
I hate the idea of this. Salary cap will be going up.

Saddletramp
02-12-2016, 01:00 AM
If the NBA slashed prices to games in half because of this then great. That's not going to happen, though.

I wonder, who'll get the money that'll be generated from this? The owners? The teams? Just the NBA offices? Towards the salary cap (so, the players)? Will everyone in the NBA just get a fair share of the pie? Will this money replace NBA League Pass money so everyone gets it for free? We the paying fans will have to be bothered by this so will we get anything in return?

Just read the link. Man, these guys keep getting greedier and greedier. Capitalism sucks sometimes. My interest in sports has waned to only the NFL and the NBA these days and between eye sores like this and the NFL caring more about deflated balls than deflated brains, I keep creeping closer and closer to giving it all up. Imagine all the extra time I'll have!

5ass
02-12-2016, 01:27 AM
I don't know, it really doesn't effect me much either way. There are ads EVERYWHERE in the modern world and EVERYWHERE in an NBA stadium, including already all over the players uniforms/shoes/etc.

Plus, all this article is saying is that part of the owners meeting at the AS Break will be to ask them for feedback on this potential future proposal on whether or not a single ad should or should not be put on a jersey 2 seasons from now. On the totem poll of NBA issues, I think it's the least important to me as a fan.

That said, I don't buy NBA jerseys. It might matter more for those of you who do.

I don't buy jerseys either, but I probably will before they start sticking ADs on them.

Gander13SM
02-12-2016, 02:49 AM
1. They already have ads on the All Star jerseys. If they're similar to that it's not a big deal.

2. I'm surprised it's taken american sports so long to do this, it's a huge part of american culture (advertising).

3. I would like it if they kept them off the jerseys you buy but it won't happen.

4. I agree with the other poster who stated it would be different if they were discounting the price of a ticket.

5. I'm about to max out my credit card getting these advert free jerseys.

6. I don't think it will help out small market teams more than it will large market. Smaller teams are about to be sponsored by Big Bills Tool Shed meanwhile Clippers are about to be sponsored by Microsoft.

Aust
02-12-2016, 03:18 AM
Yuck

LongIslandIcedZ
02-12-2016, 08:19 AM
Smart move by Silver. Tons more revenue for something that doesn't really affect anyone.

Easy decision, surprised it wasn't done sooner

Munkeysuit
02-12-2016, 08:44 AM
I've got to actually see it to really make any type of criticism at this point, I mean I was all for it when I first heard about the idea, I really think it would be a great way to involve the NBA's corporate sponsors and properly show them some respect as well.

IndyRealist
02-12-2016, 09:45 AM
Read this as "ADs Jerseys coming to a stadium near you"

I know he's popular, but...

Gander13SM
02-12-2016, 12:54 PM
I've got to actually see it to really make any type of criticism at this point, I mean I was all for it when I first heard about the idea, I really think it would be a great way to involve the NBA's corporate sponsors and properly show them some respect as well.

If you want to see it look at the All Star jerseys. They have a KID advert on them, that's what they're proposing, that size, that placement.

Saddletramp
02-13-2016, 03:50 AM
If you want to see it look at the All Star jerseys. They have a KID advert on them, that's what they're proposing, that size, that placement.

But why stop at one small one? In a few years, it'll get bigger. Then we'll get multiple sponsors. Then it'll be the Los Angeles Quaker State Lakers and the Portland Planters Trail Mix Trail Blazers and The New York Quik Knicks with that little ****ing bunny as their new mascot. One of the new expansion teams will be the Seattle Green Giants and they'll be giving out cans of creamed corn at the games.

Slippery slope, bros.

I'm only half joking.

IBleedPurple
02-13-2016, 03:51 AM
ADs? Lol.