PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Rockets Contacting Teams About Trading Dwight Howard

shep33
02-11-2016, 03:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--rockets-contacting-teams-about-trading-dwight-howard-191621017.html

Interesting... Coming from Woj, otherwise I wouldn't post it.

Teams that make sense to me: Miami, Celts, maybe Toronto?

Crackadalic
02-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Has to be a place Howard doesn't mind opting in or resigning with. Have to think about whats the best fit

ManningToTyree
02-11-2016, 03:52 PM
What is his his value at this point? Seems like he's never happy anywhere and he's not the superstar he was 5 years ago

JAZZNC
02-11-2016, 03:53 PM
I have no idea why anyone would want Howard anymore. He is one of those guys that still puts up stats but does he help you win?? I really don't think so.

lakerfan85
02-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Dwightmare 3.0??

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Sad...

He's been a great pro here and a great person in the community. He's not what's wrong with The Rockets but I get it.

He's going to want a max and we won't offer that. Gotta get back assets now if there's chance of him walking.

I want that BKN pick from Boston but I know Ainge is stingy.

LanceUpperCut
02-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Celtics make the most sense for sure.

lakerfan85
02-11-2016, 03:55 PM
If I'm the Rockets I try to get Horford from Atlanta..

R. Johnson#3
02-11-2016, 03:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--rockets-contacting-teams-about-trading-dwight-howard-191621017.html

Interesting... Coming from Woj, otherwise I wouldn't post it.

Teams that make sense to me: Miami, Celts, maybe Toronto?

As much as the Raptors could use frontcourt help, Howard isn't the help we need. Him and JV would clog up the paint on offense.

minato_17
02-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Miami has Whiteside already unless they dont have plan on resigning him. I doubt they will trade for D12. Both are comparable in terms of defense and offense but Hassan is still young and developing compared to Dwight who will be on his 30's.

lakerfan85
02-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Sad...

He's been a great pro here and a great person in the community. He's not what's wrong with The Rockets but I get it.

He's going to want a max and we won't offer that. Gotta get back assets now if there's chance of him walking.

Ainge would have to be smoking crack to give up that pick for Howard..

shep33
02-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Playoff Dwight was a beast last year. That being said it is going to be tricky to deal him.

The other problem is where do the Rox go from here? Like is Harden going to be unhappy because of not having another star player next to him? The Lawson experiment was a disaster.

This is going to be an interesting phase for the Rox.

mudvayne387
02-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Celtics Get:

Howard
Ariza

Rockets Get:

Anthony
Zeller
Vujacic
Smart

Knicks Get:

Crowder
Lee
Beverly
1st (via Dallas from Boston)

Boston's Lineup:

Thomas
Bradley
Ariza
Johnson
Howard

Rockets Lineup:

Smart
Harden
Anthony
Brewer
Capella

Knicks Lineup:

Beverly
Afflalo
Crowder
Porzngis
Lopez

shep33
02-11-2016, 04:00 PM
As much as the Raptors could use frontcourt help, Howard isn't the help we need. Him and JV would clog up the paint on offense.

I wonder if Masai would take that chance of Dwight for JV and fillers. Toronto is easily the 2nd best team out East. Howard is a beast in the playoffs and a defensive force still IMO. That would definitely be an interesting matchup against the Cavs.

Green_Monster
02-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Sad...

Ainge isn't trade the BKN '16 1st for someone who could be a rental.

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Ainge would have to be smoking crack to give up that pick for Howard..

Well you've got to give to receive.

I'm sure they need to cash it in or just draft another prospect.

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 04:04 PM
Ainge isn't trade the BKN '16 1st for someone who could be a rental.

Agreed. That's why it'd depend on him re-signing there.

if he's willing to, then I think it's a perfectly fair starting point for a trade.

GiantsSwaGG
02-11-2016, 04:04 PM
Does this guy like playing with anybody?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-11-2016, 04:05 PM
I think any team offering anything really good up for Howard needs a extension from Howard right away or no deal. He already walked away from Lakers and demanded a trade from Magic. Not much left for trust around the league.

Gander13SM
02-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Maybe I'm crazy but, Dwight to Charlotte?

Stunner
02-11-2016, 04:21 PM
Bulls

shep33
02-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Bulls

For who?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Rockets wanted Gasol badly previous year. But he's a free agent as well. Noah is injured. Gibson been on the block for a while. Morey is greedy though. Doubt many teams even wanna field his calls.

Stunner
02-11-2016, 04:32 PM
For who?

Pau and Taj / Brooks for Howard and Terry

shep33
02-11-2016, 04:36 PM
Pau and Taj / Brooks for Howard and Terry

I mean I guess, but what' the point? I don't see Pau staying in Houston, I actually think he'll try to sign in Memphis.

I guess what I'm saying is that although Howard may stay in Chicago, I highly doubt Pau stays in Houston.

Sly Guy
02-11-2016, 04:38 PM
I wonder if Masai would take that chance of Dwight for JV and fillers. Toronto is easily the 2nd best team out East. Howard is a beast in the playoffs and a defensive force still IMO. That would definitely be an interesting matchup against the Cavs.

I really don't think so, tbh. JV has taken big steps this year. He'll never be an elite rim defender but he's become far more reliable in the low-post and his rebounding/ft numbers are both still solid. And for the first time, it looks like his teammates are starting to trust him in making a play that isn't an offensive rebound, or being spoon fed around the rim when his man leaves to help or double-team.

If I'm masai, the way I see it is I'm getting a player that is on the wrong side of 30, who's losing his athleticism (and who's game has relied heavily upon it), who's lack of shooting ability means you have to plan around his weaknesses. Yes, his numbers are better, but not eye-poppingly so, and I think he could fit with the raptors' squad, but he's a major addition needing major adjustments in the team's playbook which could upset chemistry in at least the short term.

Howard isn't a bad player, nor do I think he's a bad fit, but I think he's too much of a disruption to the good thing we've got going right now, and the cost of someone like JV is too high a price given the number of good years left in both players.

If this were next year, when his contract is settled and potentially the new hack-a-shaq rules are in place, maybe, but for now, I'm staying out of the howard sweepstakes.

SensandRaps
02-11-2016, 04:39 PM
portland would seem like an interesting place for him

shep33
02-11-2016, 04:45 PM
I really don't think so, tbh. JV has taken big steps this year. He'll never be an elite rim defender but he's become far more reliable in the low-post and his rebounding/ft numbers are both still solid. And for the first time, it looks like his teammates are starting to trust him in making a play that isn't an offensive rebound, or being spoon fed around the rim when his man leaves to help or double-team.

If I'm masai, the way I see it is I'm getting a player that is on the wrong side of 30, who's losing his athleticism (and who's game has relied heavily upon it), who's lack of shooting ability means you have to plan around his weaknesses. Yes, his numbers are better, but not eye-poppingly so, and I think he could fit with the raptors' squad, but he's a major addition needing major adjustments in the team's playbook which could upset chemistry in at least the short term.

Howard isn't a bad player, nor do I think he's a bad fit, but I think he's too much of a disruption to the good thing we've got going right now, and the cost of someone like JV is too high a price given the number of good years left in both players.

If this were next year, when his contract is settled and potentially the new hack-a-shaq rules are in place, maybe, but for now, I'm staying out of the howard sweepstakes.

I can see that, plus y'all have been killing it lately.

Stunner
02-11-2016, 04:48 PM
I mean I guess, but what' the point? I don't see Pau staying in Houston, I actually think he'll try to sign in Memphis.

I guess what I'm saying is that although Howard may stay in Chicago, I highly doubt Pau stays in Houston.

Well look at it this way even if Pau opts out it gives the rockets more money to go after KD they intend to . And money to go after other players like Horford etc.

celticsman2009
02-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Agreed. That's why it'd depend on him re-signing there.

if he's willing to, then I think it's a perfectly fair starting point for a trade.

No way that's a fair starting point. He's not worth that pick. I'd give the Rockets Olynyk or Sullinger and Dallas 1st for him.

Vee-Rex
02-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Maybe I'm crazy but, Dwight to Charlotte?

I could see Charlotte being the team to offer an arm and a leg for Dwight.

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 05:00 PM
No way that's a fair starting point. He's not worth that pick. I'd give the Rockets Olynyk or Sullinger and Dallas 1st for him.

Oh he's not if re-signed?

Ok, enjoy having another young player to draft high in lotto.

That player in the pick won't be as good as Dwight now or maybe ever. It depends on who is picked.

That's why the pick has more value w/o being drafted yet rather than actually being "player x"

I have no doubt, Ainge wouldn't want to part with it but he's not dealing with a dummy in Morey either.

shep33
02-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Well look at it this way even if Pau opts out it gives the rockets more money to go after KD they intend to . And money to go after other players like Horford etc.

I mean, true, it's just that I wonder if Morey would do that. Like they'd have the same money if they just rode it out with Howard until the offseason.

I just think Morey would want someone with years left on their deal. That's just my opinion, who the hell knows how this will play out.

But Howard in a Bulls jersey would be a good fit.

Dee_Edge
02-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Harden to Boston

Conley & Allen to Houston

Johnson & Smart to Memphis

boom

Dee_Edge
02-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Sad...

read my mind

Scott Brooks > Luke "my Dad's Bill" Walton

shep33
02-11-2016, 05:06 PM
I think he should go back to the East. Still think he's a quality player as demonstrated in the playoffs last year. He beasted averaging 17 and 15 with 2.4 blocks. Actually shot 58% from the line, which isn't great, but not as horrible as he usually is.

Still a defensive force.

DboneG
02-11-2016, 05:08 PM
The fall out between Howard and Harden. I can tell the two are not the best of friends...body language and their rapport on the court/bench says it all. Also, I think Howard wants to get paid this summer by opting out of his contract.

Harden plays what I call shadow defense, he just follow alone. He don't get back and stop the ball very well, He's slow to get back on defense. He gamble too much on defense, then expecting D. Howard to bail/help him out. Harden turn the ball over entirely too much! He shoot way too much, poor defense, he's not making guys around him better.

Howard wants out. simple.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Isn't Sully over weight and RFA this summer? Dallas pick is very late. Reminds me when Bucks traded for Anthony Mason. We gave him the nick name "Cheese Burger". Still think any big name will command Nets pick. Even though no guarantee it goes #1. This draft weak any way. Doubt Rockets settle for Lee's big expiring to get salaries close.

Then random stuff like a Sully and some late pick from some playoff team. Them late picks in weak draft is a crapshoot. I think it be a Bradley and Crowder and Johnson's nonguaranteed maybe gets the ball rolling. Maybe some late firsts get tossed in and minor pieces from Rockets get tossed in as well.

Thing is most of Celtics team is all cheap deals other then Lee. So hard to trade for a Howard $22,359,364 salary. At bare minimum will take three Celtics players to get deal going for Howards salary. But Celtics have to make room any way for them picks. Or stash them over seas or trade for future picks or combine them and move up.

shep33
02-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Maybe OKC can make a deal to try to put them over the hump? Package around Kanter and Waiters?

Hell... If KD walks, might as well try something to go out in in a blaze with

lakerfan85
02-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Oh he's not if re-signed?

Ok, enjoy having another young player to draft high in lotto.

That player in the pick won't be as good as Dwight now or maybe ever. It depends on who is picked.

That's why the pick has more value w/o being drafted yet rather than actually being "player x"

I have no doubt, Ainge wouldn't want to part with it but he's not dealing with a dummy in Morey either.

Or they could just wait and sign him in the offseason while keeping the pick..

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Maybe OKC can make a deal to try to put them over the hump? Package around Kanter and Waiters?

Hell... If KD walks, might as well try something to go out in in a blaze with

LMAO. Kanter and Waiters?

We'd rather let Dwight walk. You realize who is the GM of the Rockets right?

shep33
02-11-2016, 05:18 PM

Lol, I mean Kanter is a very good player. When KD was out last year he averaged 19 and 11 on 58% shooting. He does a great job coming off the bench. He's 23 and has a favorable contract. Waiters walks next year, this is his last under contract. He's just filler.

It's just going to be so hard getting value for Dwight at this point.

Stunner
02-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Lol, I mean Kanter is a very good player. When KD was out last year he averaged 19 and 11 on 58% shooting. He does a great job coming off the bench. He's 23 and has a favorable contract. Waiters walks next year, this is his last under contract. He's just filler.

Kanter is the worst defensive big in the NBA

lakerfan85
02-11-2016, 05:23 PM

Morey's overated..

Green_Monster
02-11-2016, 05:23 PM
Or they could just wait and sign him in the offseason while keeping the pick..

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense for the Celtics to trade the Brooklyn pick for Howard. The pick could be traded for a younger player who's locked up for a while, not for a 30 year old Howard who can be a FA this offseason.

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 05:25 PM

I got ya. I'm just sure Morey would rather slip on a banana and land on a knife than take Kanter and that contract.

Waiters is doo doo. I wouldn't take him for free.

Tony_Starks
02-11-2016, 05:30 PM
Shopping Howard?

What did the dude tell Liam Neeson in Taken? ..... Good Luck!!

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 05:33 PM
Morey's overated..

Depends on who you're asking.

Vee-Rex
02-11-2016, 05:34 PM

Yeah, I'm struggling to come up with a great deal for Dwight at this point myself.

The main problem is his reputation (diva-like, non-effort reputation), some of it his fault, some of it isn't.

Morey is gonna end up having to close his eyes, cut his losses, and get SOMETHING for Howard rather than letting him walk, because no team is gonna offer big enough assets given his above-mentioned baggage, including the fact that he'll want a big contract.

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense for the Celtics to trade the Brooklyn pick for Howard. The pick could be traded for a younger player who's locked up for a while, not for a 30 year old Howard who can be a FA this offseason.

You would be trading for his rights too. No promise he would gladly go there via free agency.

Celts also have more picks and too many players for a 15 roster team.

I'm not saying you'd have to trade the Nets pick. I'm saying...picks are coming back. Talks would probably start at NEts pick for Morey(not saying Danny would agree though)

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I'm struggling to come up with a great deal for Dwight at this point myself.

The main problem is his reputation (diva-like, non-effort reputation), some of it his fault, some of it isn't.

Morey is gonna end up having to close his eyes, cut his losses, and get SOMETHING for Howard rather than letting him walk, because no team is gonna offer big enough assets given his above-mentioned baggage, including the fact that he'll want a big contract.

Morey would rather him walk than get back players on unfavorable contracts or long term deals.

His free agent target is obviously Durant. He won't make a deal just to make a deal.

Green_Monster
02-11-2016, 05:43 PM
You would be trading for his rights too. No promise he would gladly go there via free agency.

I'm not saying you'd have to trade the Nets pick. I'm saying...picks are coming back. Talks would probably start at NEts pick for Morey(not saying Danny would agree though)

He wouldn't gladly stay in Boston either. Big free agents don't sign here very often.

You're right, Danny wouldn't trade that pick for Howard. Other picks, absolutely.

Tony_Starks
02-11-2016, 05:52 PM
They are reporting on Hoopshype that there was a team meeting and that "Dwight and Harden hated playing with each other."

This comes as a great shock.

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 05:54 PM
He wouldn't gladly stay in Boston either. Big free agents don't sign here very often.

You're right, Danny wouldn't trade that pick for Howard. Other picks, absolutely.

For a max he'd stay. That's the whole reasoning. Dwight wants a max. He'd happily stay in Houston but Morey won't offer a max for him. Dwight will go to highest bidder.

So essentially, if a team trades for him and his rights/ he will get more money and sign long term. In exchange, Houston will get back more value.

If this is a rental, Morey may just keep him or trade him to a team with highest bidder. Then from there, he'd bolt. But I think the point is to get him to go to a team willing to offer max. If Boston is, then believe that Nets pick is coming back, if not multiple firsts and young talent.

FOXHOUND
02-11-2016, 06:02 PM
If Morey actually tries to build some sort of plan around getting Durant, he's even more pig headed than I thought lmao.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Local ties don't always mean a player comes home. But Atlanta is Howard's home town. Horford, Splitter for Howard?

mrblisterdundee
02-11-2016, 06:23 PM
How about Dwight Howard goes home to Atlanta for Paul Milsap? I've always thought Al Horford would be used much better as a power forward. Houston already has another center in Clint Capela, and while it gets one year older with Milsap, he is much less dependent on physicality.
Maybe Oklahoma City could unload Enes Kanter to the Rockets for Howard, if they include Steven Adams and/or Cameron Payne. Howard could be the third option in a big three, which is probably a better fit for him at this point. He and Serge Ibaka would make quite the stout front court. Kanter sucks defensively, but he could help the Rockets offensively and you'd get Adams and/or Payne.

Green_Monster
02-11-2016, 06:26 PM
For a max he'd stay. That's the whole reasoning. Dwight wants a max. He'd happily stay in Houston but Morey won't offer a max for him. Dwight will go to highest bidder.

So essentially, if a team trades for him and his rights/ he will get more money and sign long term. In exchange, Houston will get back more value.

If this is a rental, Morey may just keep him or trade him to a team with highest bidder. Then from there, he'd bolt. But I think the point is to get him to go to a team willing to offer max. If Boston is, then believe that Nets pick is coming back, if not multiple firsts and young talent.

The Nets pick isn't being traded for Howard, either way. You can lose that idea right now. If multiple firsts are being traded, you can be sure the Nets '16 pick isn't one of them. Anyone who has been following the Celtics and Danny Ainge during this rebuild knows that.

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 06:42 PM
The Nets pick isn't being traded for Howard, either way. You can lose that idea right now. If multiple firsts are being traded, you can be sure the Nets '16 pick isn't one of them. Anyone who has been following the Celtics and Danny Ainge during this rebuild knows that.

Right now the BKN pick is slated at 3/4 if they don't win lottery.

2015- Okafor, Porzingis
2014- Embiid, Gordon
2013- Porter, Zeller
2012- Beal, Waiters
2011- Kanter, Thompson
2010- Favors, Johnson

03-Anthony, Bosh

Those are # 3 and #4 picks of the past.

I get that y'all covet the pick like it's Gold but if that pick isn't the 1 or 2 pick....It's not nearly as valuable. There's always a shot it could be but the unknown of it is more attractive than if you draft someone at 3 or 4.

Good luck. I hope it's a good pick. If Danny is so hung on that pick we shall see.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-11-2016, 06:45 PM
Not that I'd want it or i see it as a possibility bit how dang funny would it be if he got traded back to Orlando lol....

He can pull his lebron and come back to where he started to clean up his image lol.

Hey rockets can have Harris and Frye for him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Nets pick might not be all that cracked up to be. It's #3 now. Weak draft. Lottery drawing could drop more or yeah move up. Or Nets pull off a win now trade and string a couple wins and move out of top three very fast. Suns could leap frog Nets easily. All it takes is Nets landing a few win now pieces as buyers. Already heard of the Thad for Jennings rumor.

Heck even a Joe Johnson trade for a few pieces could getting their wheels spinning. Like in the Morris trade value thread I suggested Joe Johnson big expiring to Suns for Morris and bad contract of washed up Chandler. Suns get a redo on free agency again. Nets try and win. Heck maybe a three way where Joe Johnson goes to Suns and Morris to Pistons and Nets get Jennings and Chandler?

Nets probably don't want Chandler rotting on the bench behind Lopez. Unless they try twin towers but bit slow front court. Still breaking Joe Johnsons contract into more pieces could make for easier trades later on. Nets already linked to signing Jennings this summer as well as trading for him.

Htownballa1622
02-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Nets pick might not be all that cracked up to be. It's #3 now. Weak draft. Lottery drawing could drop more or yeah move up. Or Nets pull off a win now trade and string a couple wins and move out of top three very fast. Suns could leap frog Nets easily. All it takes is Nets landing a few win now pieces as buyers. Already heard of the Thad for Jennings rumor.

Heck even a Joe Johnson trade for a few pieces could getting their wheels spinning. Like in the Morris trade I suggested Joe Johnson big expiring to Suns for Morris and bad contract of washed up Chandler. Suns get a redo on free agency again. Nets try and win. Heck maybe a three way where Joe Johnson goes to Suns and Morris to Pistons and Nets get Jennings and Chandler?

Nets probably don't want Chandler rotting on the bench behind Lopez. Unless they try twin towers but bit slow front court. Still breaking Joe Johnsons contract into more pieces could make for easier trades later on. Nets already linked to signing Jennings this summer as well as trading for him.

That was my point to bringing up the Nets pick. No doubt it's a great asset. But the value of it is higher when unknown of the pick and player.

To make it seem untouchable is what Ainge should try to do but to act like trading it for a re-signed Dwight is asinine is to want to stay as a very solid team that will continuously get bounced by the Cavs.

Danny will cash in some of those picks. Whether it be now or later.

Green_Monster
02-11-2016, 07:05 PM
That was my point to bringing up the Nets pick. No doubt it's a great asset. But the value of it is higher when unknown of the pick and player.

To make it seem untouchable is what Ainge should try to do but to act like trading it for a re-signed Dwight is asinine is to want to stay as a very solid team that will continuously get bounced by the Cavs.

Danny will cash in some of those picks. Whether it be now or later.

The pick can be traded, just not for a 30 year old, soon to be free agent Dwight Howard.

He will trade some of those picks, but he won't "cash in" on the projected #3 pick unless he's getting a young player who is or has the potential to be a #1 option. It also has to be someone who's going to stay in Boston for years to come. Otherwise, he'll hold onto it and draft a prospect that will likely have huge potential.

Stunner
02-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Not that weak of a draft , getting the number 3 pick is still very good value . Rockets could possibly get Dunn with that

5ass
02-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Not that I'd want it or i see it as a possibility bit how dang funny would it be if he got traded back to Orlando lol....

He can pull his lebron and come back to where he started to clean up his image lol.

Hey rockets can have Harris and Frye for him.

Lol honestly I'd want to see it... we could really use a rim protector. Really Harris and Frye isn't a terrible offer for a 30 UFA about to command a 25+ mill/yr contract. Harris could be a great third option for them. They'd just need to add one more 2nd/third option somehow.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Dwight was a top player in the league just a few years ago. That back injury was the downfall of him. I miss the Orlando Dwight. He was great to watch. I wonder if Memphis wants to replace Gasol. I don't know if they have anything to offer though.

Bostonjorge
02-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Boston should offer Houston

Dallas 1st
Boston 1st
2 of the many second round picks
Lee expiring

Then call up NY about Melo and Atl about Horford.

Ty Fast
02-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Sad...

and I wanna trade deng for LeBron and dragic for steph

basketballkitty
02-11-2016, 09:01 PM
Rocket fans are totally Delusional if they think Howard has any real trade value. At this point his worth is not even more then a single 1st round pick in the 14-18 range at most.

Ty Fast
02-11-2016, 09:04 PM
they can always put a clause in where if he is traded that they player option becomes guaranteed where he cant opt out. thats what the clippers did with cp3.

hugepatsfan
02-11-2016, 09:48 PM
Dwight Howard is still very good, even if not what he once was. It still just wouldn't make any sense at all to trade the BRK pick for him. He's 30 years old. Are you gonna give him a max extension going into his age 31 season? I sure as hell wouldn't. I doubt he's a player who ages well, already having back injuries and in general as someone who relies a lot on athleticism. Then you just consider the state of where BOS is as a team. Dwight doesn't really make any material difference. They're not getting past CLE because they got Dwight. Unless he's bringing KD with him in the offseason, he's really not going to make any difference in the next couple of seasons championship wise. Again, besides KD, no one really does for BOS. So it's just not worth giving up the BRK pick for him. BOS's window to really compete isn't for another couple years anyway so even if all you get with the BRK pick is a decent role, he's still contributing more in that window than Dwight is.

I'd trad ethe BRK pick for Tobias Harris before I'd trade it for Dwight.

Aust
02-11-2016, 10:08 PM
No chance Houston touches that Nets pick. Nada.

shep33
02-11-2016, 11:34 PM
I think Morey looking at Durant this summer is a pipe dream. Like they have Harden... No offense but okc, golden state are leaps and bounds more attractive still

PAOboston
02-11-2016, 11:36 PM
Absolutely zero chance Ainge trades that 16 Brooklyn pick (or any future Brooklyn picks) for a possible rental like Howard. ZERO. He basically said so on the radio this morning. Howard is a good player but has a ton of baggage (age, injury history, personality). He's not worth that much. If Morey really wants to go after KD, he won't take back any longterm salary.

Lee, Sullinger, 2 1st rounders (non Brooklyn picks like the Dallas pick or the C's pick this year). Houston gets 2 picks, Sully (who is an RFA and can extend a qualifying offer), and a huge expiring deal in Lee.

mike_noodles
02-12-2016, 12:08 AM
That's the thing though, other teams can match that, even beat it.

hugepatsfan
02-12-2016, 12:24 AM
That's the thing though, other teams can match that, even beat it.

They can, but will they? At age 30 with an expiring deal, Dwight has a limited market. I honestly don't see what team would be willing to best that offer, not even match it TBH. I think HOU is going to find that the packages teams are willing to offer aren't worth letting him go. They'll just keep his bird rights and have their options open with him heading into the offseason.

5ass
02-12-2016, 01:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h9nqdfe

Add two Cavs 1sts going to the rockets.

Jayb587
02-12-2016, 02:18 AM
Dwight is such a clown. If he would just accept that he's not as good as he thinks he is maybe he can find a role he's happy with. No team should trade for this clown without an extension in place and signed. As soon as the right guys show up with the party time attitude style recruiting Parsons lured dwight with, Dwight's leaving.

Only to go lose somewhere else.

FriedTofuz
02-12-2016, 02:25 AM
LOL at the rockets fan who suggested the celtics trade the net's pick for howard. That's laughable. Celtics are in prime position for the future despite the Smart pick being slow, Ainge is a genius. Morey overrated.

Iron24th
02-12-2016, 02:46 AM
Honestly I think the rockets would like to keep dwight, but they probably know that if he opts out he'll walk for nothing, he's a cancer and was always looking to leave any tough situation in any team.

The team who might trade for him before the deadline must be worried, cause there's a good chance he leaves once again, this is what he does.

Gander13SM
02-12-2016, 02:52 AM
LOL at the rockets fan who suggested the celtics trade the net's pick for howard. That's laughable. Celtics are in prime position for the future despite the Smart pick being slow, Ainge is a genius. Morey overrated.

If the Celtics draft right they'll be in the finals again within three/four years. I love that Ainge is doing.

rhino17
02-12-2016, 03:23 AM
I'm so over Dwight. He is a poor man's Deanandre at this point.

I'm so sick of his whining, his immaturity on the court, and the fact that he has absolutely NEVER put any work into his offensive game. He is as inept as he was when he was a rookie. He isn't a hard worker and he isn't a good teammate.

Not to mention he plays dumber than just about any basketball player I have ever seen. No one makes absolutely stupid mistakes after stupid mistake quite like him.

I want him gone because I fear that he will not opt out of his contract. He would be an idiot to do so, no one is gonna pay him that kind of money. Trade him for whatever: a 1st rounder, expiring deals, I don't care at this point

numba1CHANGsta
02-12-2016, 04:00 AM
He's going to either BOS or TOR

KingCanada
02-12-2016, 04:55 AM
He's going to either BOS or TOR

No not to Toronto we don't want him go to Bos

DboneG
02-12-2016, 09:18 AM
I would trade James Harden. The guy has zero defense, hogs the ball, shoot entirely too much, and he don't make players around him better.

Htownballa1622
02-12-2016, 09:35 AM

I know reading comprehension is difficult for ppl around here but that's not what I said.

I said it was a starting point to talk about if Dwight were to extend. (I even said ainge wouldn't do it)

I said if Dwight extended there, then it was worth that pick.

I hope Boston does keep the pick and it's a number 4 or 5 pick just so everyone around here can see wtf I was talking about.

Learn how to read.

Vee-Rex
02-12-2016, 09:54 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h9nqdfe

Add two Cavs 1sts going to the rockets.

Nah, I wouldn't give up Tristan. That's also giving up all of our depth and picks just to land Howard.

1. TT is our iron man. We've already got an 2 injury prones in Love and Varejao, if we give up Mozgov and Tristan and add Howard then we have 3 injury prone bigs.

2. TT isn't a diva and doesn't care about touches, whereas Howard wants his touches.

3. Howard will command a bigger contract this coming offseason.

4. TT's PnR defense is better, and we need at least one big man that can do this.

Vee-Rex
02-12-2016, 09:56 AM
I would trade James Harden. The guy has zero defense, hogs the ball, shoot entirely too much, and he don't make players around him better.

This.

If I was Morey I'd really be thinking of blowing it up while Harden still has value. Ainge might trade his wife and kids for Harden right now, so it could be a good chance to cash in.

hugepatsfan
02-12-2016, 10:08 AM
I know reading comprehension is difficult for ppl around here but that's not what I said.

I said it was a starting point to talk about if Dwight were to extend. (I even said ainge wouldn't do it)

I hope Boston does keep the pick and it's a number 4 or 5 pick just so everyone around here can see wtf I was talking about.

Learn how to read.

Dwight would be work less to me with an extension than as a rental. No interest in paying him through his mid 30s. His extension will be a disaster by the end, mark my words. I'll take the #7 pick one rookie deal over the next 5 years before Dwight on a max.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2016, 10:35 AM
I agree about moving Harden.

Vampirate
02-12-2016, 10:50 AM
If you think the Rockets defense is bad now, imagine it without Dwight.

Vinylman
02-12-2016, 11:06 AM

LMFAO... the bolded is what the Lakers did and he left...

Dwight didn't care about the most money last time so why would he this time...

Houston is in a tough spot if they don't want to offer him a max deal this summer...

As for the Nets pick... no way ainge trades that for just D12... He is still holding out hope that if that turns into the #1 pick that he can get boogie from Sacto this summer

Tony_Starks
02-12-2016, 11:29 AM
I would like to see Cleveland get something done for Dwight. As critical as I am of his game I think if you put him back east with Kyrie and Lebron to shoulder the load he will do some serious damage. Lebron will be setting the table for him and making the game waaaay easier for him.

I'd give a Kyrie, Lebron, Howard combo a great chance of dethroning the Dubs.....

Jayb587
02-12-2016, 11:37 AM
I would like to see Cleveland get something done for Dwight. As critical as I am of his game I think if you put him back east with Kyrie and Lebron to shoulder the load he will do some serious damage. Lebron will be setting the table for him and making the game waaaay easier for him.

I'd give a Kyrie, Lebron, Howard combo a great chance of dethroning the Dubs.....

Would dwight be happy I'm cle? His numbers would take a nose dive. But he'd have a chance at winning it all. Not sure which one he cares about more.

shep33
02-12-2016, 12:43 PM
What happens with Harden now? Like if they don't get a legit 2nd star, he's going to be upset.

KD is not coming to Houston, OKC and Gstate are way better options still. Do they trade him?

Sly Guy
02-12-2016, 12:44 PM

trading for his 'rights' will lower his value, not increase it. Anyways, I really think swinging a howard deal as difficult without insuring he resigns with the new club.

rhino17
02-12-2016, 02:04 PM
This.

If I was Morey I'd really be thinking of blowing it up while Harden still has value. Ainge might trade his wife and kids for Harden right now, so it could be a good chance to cash in.

You don't trade top 10 NBA players (hell he was top 3 just last season). Doing stupid **** like that can set you back a decade

Max.This
02-12-2016, 03:13 PM
cant see howard going anywhere by the deadline. I think there will be too big of a disparity on what morey thinks he can get for howard and what other teams think howard is worth. It just seems like a dumb move on Celtics part to trade any draft picks to Houston for a 30 year old Center who will command 30 million a year putting up average statistics. Not to mention howard has gone on record to say he has not requested a trade or has indicated that he would stay a Celtic if he were to be traded there. Danny Ainge has a pretty good track record in getting good value in trades and this would not be a move he'd make.

Jayb587
02-12-2016, 03:53 PM
cant see howard going anywhere by the deadline. I think there will be too big of a disparity on what morey thinks he can get for howard and what other teams think howard is worth. It just seems like a dumb move on Celtics part to trade any draft picks to Houston for a 30 year old Center who will command 30 million a year putting up average statistics. Not to mention howard has gone on record to say he has not requested a trade or has indicated that he would stay a Celtic if he were to be traded there. Danny Ainge has a pretty good track record in getting good value in trades and this would not be a move he'd make.

I think the Celtics should take the risk. maybe sullinger, lee, and one first round pick gets it done. Id like the Celtics chances vs clevland in an eastern conference finals with Dwight.

kobe4thewinbang
02-12-2016, 04:00 PM
Any chance Mavericks/Mark Cuban still want him? They made that video for him during his free agency, but he opted for Houston instead. I thought it was a mistake at the time. Imagine that Mavs team that went 7 games against the Spurs but WITH Dwight at the center? Cuban doesn't mind spending money and he probably would like a big C after getting burned by DeAndre. I'd rather pay Dwight max money than Jordan anyway. I don't know what Dallas' hopes for the future are, though. But it doesn't seem clear. Dirk will be gone soon. Who else do they have? Parsons has been underwhelming since bolting from Rockets and they got Wes Matthews...riding the wave of a resurgent Barea at this point.

kobe4thewinbang
02-12-2016, 04:02 PM

I'd give a Kyrie, Lebron, Howard combo a great chance of dethroning the Dubs.....Yeah, but for who? They just resigned Love who looks like he is made of glass after wasting half his career in Minnesota, overpaid Thompson and have two max contracts coming in LeBron and Irving.

FOXHOUND
02-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Doubt they even thought that serious about trading him. As an upcoming FA, and one who would be questionable to max out, it makes sense as a floundering team to gauge interest. All of this stuff gets overblown this time of year.

Rockets are pretty much screwed with that roster. They were all in on the Harden-Dwight duo and it didn't quite get it done. Now they're a mess with a lack of promising young players. They can renounce Dwight's rights and waive Lawson and Brewer's non-guaranteed contracts to have about $40M in cap space in a weak FA class...

And, Morey being the a-hole he is who thinks he's so much smarter than anyone, I enjoy it lol.

shep33
02-12-2016, 04:37 PM
More I think about, he ain't going anywhere. Trade value for him is trash so he'll walk this summer

Aust
02-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Doubt they even thought that serious about trading him. As an upcoming FA, and one who would be questionable to max out, it makes sense as a floundering team to gauge interest. All of this stuff gets overblown this time of year.

Rockets are pretty much screwed with that roster. They were all in on the Harden-Dwight duo and it didn't quite get it done. Now they're a mess with a lack of promising young players. They can renounce Dwight's rights and waive Lawson and Brewer's non-guaranteed contracts to have about $40M in cap space in a weak FA class...

And, Morey being the a-hole he is who thinks he's so much smarter than anyone, I enjoy it lol.

What gives you that impression?

FOXHOUND
02-12-2016, 04:51 PM
What gives you that impression?

I thought it was well established and reported that he has a tendency to taunt and gloat to GM's about deals.

Aust
02-12-2016, 04:57 PM
I thought it was well established and reported that he has a tendency to taunt and gloat to GM's about deals.

Whoa, really?.. What a ****

smith&wesson
02-12-2016, 05:26 PM
If I was an NBA GM contemplating a howard deal, this is exactly what I would be thinking:

- Left the Magic in a messy break up
- Had a huge falling out with his Orlando coach (SVG believed Howard got him fired)
- Went to the Lakers, did nothing there. Then left in the offseason and had nothing good to say about the organization and went on to say the franchise players pitch to get him to resign was "a complete turn off" did not show any gratitude to that organization that helped him get out of the mess in Orlando and further more didn't care they they wanted to retain him.
- Went to Houston and did nothing there to improve that team either. He is playing with a top 5 player in Harden and failed in helping that team get over the hump.
- Has been injury prone the last 3-4 seasons in a row
- He is on a steady decline every season
- He will likely not sign with the team that trades for him again.

Why on earth would any GM want any part of this guy ?

lakerfan85
02-12-2016, 05:41 PM
If I was an NBA GM contemplating a howard deal, this is exactly what I would be thinking:

- Had a huge falling out with his Orlando coach (SVG believed Howard got him fired)
- Went to the Lakers, did nothing there. Then left in the offseason and had nothing good to say about the organization and went on to say the franchise players pitch to get him to resign was "a complete turn off" did not show any gratitude to that organization that helped him get out of the mess in Orlando and further more didn't care they they wanted to retain him.
- Went to Houston and did nothing there to improve that team either. He is playing with a top 5 player in Harden and failed in helping that team get over the hump.

Harden top 5?

FOXHOUND
02-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Whoa, really?.. What a ****

Lol, yeah he is. Not sure why you take issue with him being a dick.

FOXHOUND
02-12-2016, 05:46 PM

Yeah, but to say he didn't improve Houston is a lie. He very clearly was a big part of getting them to the WCF last year. Plus, the year before when they got upset by Portland, he put up 26 and 14 while that "top 5 player" chucked them to losses.

Still, all the other head case stuff applies. He's been a pretty model citizen in Houston, but still 30 and not worth a max with his back and likelihood that he doesn't age well.

Stunner
02-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Looks like Boston don't want any part of him

Vee-Rex
02-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Typically, you don't trade top 10 NBA players (hell he was top 3 just last season). Doing stupid **** like that can set you back a decade

Fixed that for you.

Houston's situation is downhill if they don't acquire youth + picks.

The Dubs are one of the biggest powers the NBA has ever seen, and a team of Harden and some scrubs (Harden + Howard wasn't near good enough last year) stands no chance against them. And if by some miracle they avoid the Dubs and get lucky enough to beat the team that beat the Dubs, they'd probably still get hammered by Cleveland in the finals.

You either go all in with what you have and try to build on it, or you completely rebuild. The halfway approach won't get them anywhere. If you're going to 'break it up' by trading Howard, you should be more open (not saying you panic and go crazy, just more open) to moving Harden as well.

If all your cards are in Durant coming to Houston then be prepared to be severely disappointed.

Edit: And this is all IF the Rox even make the playoffs.

Aust
02-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Lol, yeah he is. Not sure why you take issue with him being a dick.

Puzzled at what you mean by that. It's a pretty unlikable thing for an NBA GM to act that way.

D-Leethal
02-12-2016, 07:20 PM
With guys like Howard set to make 30M, I think you will be seeing a lot more fringe teams scrap their upcoming FAs and retool with a cheaper squad. Atlanta seems like they are ready to do the same thing and trade Horford. I don't think those same teams opt to do that with the smaller max contracts. Need to be a lot smarter with your money now.

5ass
02-12-2016, 10:11 PM
With guys like Howard set to make 30M, I think you will be seeing a lot more fringe teams scrap their upcoming FAs and retool with a cheaper squad. Atlanta seems like they are ready to do the same thing and trade Horford. I don't think those same teams opt to do that with the smaller max contracts. Need to be a lot smarter with your money now.

100%. That's why I want the magic to test the market on Fournier. You might also see teams moving contracts they signed just last season. Guys like Tobias Harris, enes cancer, Monroe, Lopez,

FOXHOUND
02-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Puzzled at what you mean by that. It's a pretty unlikable thing for an NBA GM to act that way.

My bad, ignore that post I'm not sure why I wrote it that way. I probably needed a snickers :D

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-12-2016, 10:36 PM
lol saw hornets are interested in Dwight

Props to that dude that called it early in the thread

Wade n Fade
02-12-2016, 11:50 PM
Believe it or not, a lot of teams covet a 7 footer that can play and avg a consistent double double in this league, but not many teams will come out definitively and say we want Dwight. I would be willing to take on Dwight if I were Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, Charlotte, or Atlanta. A Horford + bad contract for Dwight and assets seems fair.

FriedTofuz
02-13-2016, 01:05 AM

Learn how to read.

I think once you start taking personal attacks about someone's spelling/grammer/reading comprehension it doesnt add anything to the discussion nor is it even a rebuttle.

However, I would like to point out that no where in your post did you mention antyhing about a starting point to offer the BKN Pick.

I laughed because you mentioned that teams need to give to get when getting a potential top 3 lotto pick for a player like howard is laughable. You did say ainge would not do it because he's stingy, not because it was an unrealistic trade suggestion. Therefore, you implied as tho ainge was merely cheap and wouldnt accept the trade, but in reality, it's a lob-sided trade.

Also, This had nothing to do with reading comprehension. :confused:

Sad...

FriedTofuz
02-13-2016, 01:09 AM
Well you've got to give to receive.

I'm sure they need to cash it in or just draft another prospect.

Lol give to receive? the rockets max value for howard at this point is two mid first round picks, not a top 3 pick in a draft where Simmons and Ingram are available. You got to remember that a trade is to make both teams better, not favour your home team.

Thank you. Some rocket fan here thinks it is a fair and the only reason ainge wouldnt accept is because ainge is stingy? no, ainge is just not a dumbass like morey is.

FOXHOUND
02-13-2016, 01:21 AM
Are we sure Ainge is as stingy as that? He did trade the 5th overall pick for Ray Allen, after all...

PAOboston
02-13-2016, 02:20 AM
Are we sure Ainge is as stingy as that? He did trade the 5th overall pick for Ray Allen, after all...
But he knew he had the 5th overall pick at that time. I don't think it makes sense to trade that pick now without knowing where it actually falls. Could be 5th, could be 1st.

Bostonjorge
02-13-2016, 03:14 AM
I think Howard fits perfect with Boston. Howard anchoring the D will make crowder's Defense even more elite. Howard makes Boston the second best team out east.

If they can add one more of the big names out there in trade like, horford, millsap, Melo, love, Blake and keep the big 3 crowder, Thomas and Bradley. Then they can truly compete for the top team out east.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-13-2016, 10:43 AM
I read a article that stated Celtics preferred Horford over Howard. Maybe Morey has the asking price for Howard a bit steep yet?

sep11ie
02-13-2016, 11:05 AM
I think Howard fits perfect with Boston. Howard anchoring the D will make crowder's Defense even more elite. Howard makes Boston the second best team out east.

If they can add one more of the big names out there in trade like, horford, millsap, Melo, love, Blake and keep the big 3 crowder, Thomas and Bradley. Then they can truly compete for the top team out east.

Wanna explain how they get a top 10 player while keeping their "big 3"?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-13-2016, 11:11 AM

Probably Nets pick. Celtics could go all in fast like the old days of them landing Allen and KG. Trade 2016 Nets and Lee for one big name. Then 2018 Nets pick and Johnson and some other salary for another name. But hard to say other teams become sellers that have big names. Also 2016 Nets pick in a weak draft could be a bit of risk. Not sure about 2018 draft but 2017 draft is better then 2016.

JJ_JKidd
02-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Does this guy like playing with anybody?

He just wants to be the MAN. The focus of everything-- offense, attention, etc. What a douche.

Scoots
02-15-2016, 12:27 AM

Which of those players is top 10? Maybe Blake ... but not a certainty with him right now.

Tg11
02-15-2016, 12:41 PM
Dwight Howard in our Celtics system I actually think that he could fit in well in Boston but then we would have to get rid of people in order to bring Howard in but who to get rid of that's the thing

Wade n Fade
02-15-2016, 01:01 PM
Frank Isola says Miami is in talks to acquire Dwight Howard in a deal for Hassan Whiteside. I don't want him. Howard the Coward is pretty much done w/ his back problems and I don't want Jermaine O'Neal 2.0 here. If that deal happens, get us Marcus Thornton or Pat Beverly back at least.

shep33
02-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Miami and Atlanta are the two teams that make the most sense.

At least they'll likely keep him after this year. Plus, Dwight being back out east will make him look better.

Tg11
02-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Dwight Howard then in that case I would want him to go to Atlanta because in Atlanta he would actually fit much better there than he would in Miami and Miami they would be idiots to give up Whiteside

Wade n Fade
02-15-2016, 01:43 PM
Dwight Howard then in that case I would want him to go to Atlanta because in Atlanta he would actually fit much better there than he would in Miami and Miami they would be idiots to give up Whiteside

People said the same thing with Michael Beasley to Minny for chump change. The deal makes a lot of sense for Miami. I hate Dwight, but a double double avg + Bosh to spread the floor out, Wade on the wings, Dragic at the point, and Winslow at the three to defend the other team's best player is a good lineup in the east. Riley wants to compete this year. If the Howard experiment fails, it's an expiring contract and Miami gets tons of cap space to go after another 5.

Wade n Fade
02-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Miami and Atlanta are the two teams that make the most sense.

At least they'll likely keep him after this year. Plus, Dwight being back out east will make him look better.

Idk why Atlanta will want to move for Howard when Horford is a better player. This Hawks team should play out the season. I know losing Carroll was huge, but still.

J_M_B
02-15-2016, 01:52 PM
People said the same thing with Michael Beasley to Minny for chump change. The deal makes a lot of sense for Miami. I hate Dwight, but a double double avg + Bosh to spread the floor out, Wade on the wings, Dragic at the point, and Winslow at the three to defend the other team's best player is a good lineup in the east. Riley wants to compete this year. If the Howard experiment fails, it's an expiring contract and Miami gets tons of cap space to go after another 5.

I think Howard has a PO, but I'm willing to roll the dice on him. I'm tired of Whiteside's attitude, his terrible defense and unwillingness to pass the damn ball (guy is a black hole offensively).

Chronz
02-15-2016, 02:00 PM
Frank Isola says Miami is in talks to acquire Dwight Howard in a deal for Hassan Whiteside. I don't want him. Howard the Coward is pretty much done w/ his back problems and I don't want Jermaine O'Neal 2.0 here. If that deal happens, get us Marcus Thornton or Pat Beverly back at least.

Jermaine was solid for you guys. Dwight will be better than that man

shep33
02-15-2016, 02:28 PM
Idk why Atlanta will want to move for Howard when Horford is a better player. This Hawks team should play out the season. I know losing Carroll was huge, but still.

I think Howard >>>>> Horford. Howard right now in a terrible year for him averages 15 and 12 with 2 blocks. Horford averages 15 and 7 with 1.5 blocks.

ATL needs to try something different, I still think Howard can average 18 and 14 easily out east with a huge defensive impact.

Wade n Fade
02-15-2016, 02:41 PM

Not when it mattered most, the playoffs. He had a horrible series. That's all I will take away with his time down here. Yes, Miami was vastly underpowered vs the Celtics, but to have that piss poor production from the 5 (historically low too), it won't help anyone beat that C's team. Jermaine O'Neal's problems were that he had no knees. Dwight has no back to play 72 games a year. You'll be lucky to get him for 62 games a year in the future. That's what concerns me.

Wade n Fade
02-15-2016, 02:45 PM
I think Howard >>>>> Horford. Howard right now in a terrible year for him averages 15 and 12 with 2 blocks. Horford averages 15 and 7 with 1.5 blocks.

ATL needs to try something different, I still think Howard can average 18 and 14 easily out east with a huge defensive impact.

Sure, Atlanta could try something different, by why go to a guy who doesn't fit Atlanta's system too well? Horford spreads the floor and can pass a lot better. If anything, Pau Gasol is the best big available for the Atlanta system. Whiteside could go to Atlanta too, but he is more athletic than Dwight is w/ his back issues, so Whiteside could work more w/ good Atlanta player development. I still think you have to look beyond the stats. Sure, basketball analytics could help explain what I will be typing shortly, but the eye test will help understand Al Horford's value. Al Horford does more to help a team with stuff that won't show up in a box score. He's more involved in team oriented ball.

Big Zo
02-15-2016, 02:49 PM
I don't want Aunt Jemima's great grandson in Miami. Please no Dwight!

Wade n Fade
02-15-2016, 03:07 PM
I don't want Aunt Jemima's great grandson in Miami. Please no Dwight!

It's probably going to happen, sadly.

J_M_B
02-15-2016, 03:10 PM

& they'll at least have his bird rights, unlike Whiteside who probably goes to the highest bidder

Big Zo
02-15-2016, 03:10 PM
It's probably going to happen, sadly.

Seeing a rumor about a three team trade with Atlanta that involves the heat getting Horford and Teague. That I could live with.

R. Johnson#3
02-15-2016, 03:13 PM
A Howard for Whiteside+filler trade makes perfect sense for both sides. Howard will almost certainly opt out and it's looking pretty obvious that Whiteside won't be coming back to Miami. I think Howard would be a great fit in Miami and definitely solidify them as a top 5 team in the East. Whiteside's attitude problem is a perfect fit for the Rockets.

cmellofan15
02-15-2016, 03:15 PM
the amount of hate that Dwight gets for his character has allowed you guys to get delusional about his talent

Big Zo
02-15-2016, 03:18 PM
the amount of hate that Dwight gets for his character has allowed you guys to get delusional about his talent

Nevermind his attitude, he's been dealing with back issues for a while.

Chronz
02-15-2016, 04:23 PM
Not when it mattered most, the playoffs. He had a horrible series. That's all I will take away with his time down here. Yes, Miami was vastly underpowered vs the Celtics, but to have that piss poor production from the 5 (historically low too), it won't help anyone beat that C's team. Jermaine O'Neal's problems were that he had no knees. Dwight has no back to play 72 games a year. You'll be lucky to get him for 62 games a year in the future. That's what concerns me.
Dwight is fresh off a fringe dominant run to the WCF, he's a gamble no doubt but come playoffs, he's likely the more valuable player

Jermaine had nothing left in the tank by the playoffs, he was considerably further along in his decline.

Wade n Fade
02-16-2016, 12:56 AM
Dwight is fresh off a fringe dominant run to the WCF, he's a gamble no doubt but come playoffs, he's likely the more valuable player

Jermaine had nothing left in the tank by the playoffs, he was considerably further along in his decline.

I was just discussing health mainly. I just cannot see how depending on him in Bosh's absence could = deep playoff run in the East. I mean if we got Teague + Horford for Dragic and Whiteside and Deng, Miami could make a 2nd round run at least w/o Bosh. I think that Winslow could step up big time as our starting 3 because of his D alone.

Aust
02-16-2016, 01:01 AM
Assuming Howard opts out, Miami willing to pay him the max?? Isn't that like, 30m/per?

Vinylman
02-16-2016, 09:29 AM

meh... most teams the last two years let D12 get his because the focus is to stop Harden...

Portland played it perfectly two years ago...

not saying D12 isn't an upgrade for most teams but I would hardly call him dominant anymore

IndyRealist
02-16-2016, 10:39 AM
Just read that if the Rockets miss the playoffs, they do not have to give Denver a pick at all for the Ty Lawson trade. They keep their lottery pick and have no future obligation. Any chance this is a deliberate tank job this season?

Chronz
02-16-2016, 08:03 PM
meh... most teams the last two years let D12 get his because the focus is to stop Harden...

Portland played it perfectly two years ago...

not saying D12 isn't an upgrade for most teams but I would hardly call him dominant anymore

I disagree completely, Dwight was the MVP of the Clippers series and they didn't give Harden any special treatment, in fact, if McHale never benches Harden, the Clips prolly win that series. I saw the Portland series as well, Harden got more attention and Dwight got to work 1v1, but Dwight did his part in dominating that matchup whereas Harden struggled and Im the type who doesn't exonerate every struggle due to defensive attention, Harden should have stepped up regardless, my standards were pretty low tbh.

Dwight is no longer a guy you can count on in the regular season, but if you get him through it in one piece, hes beasted the last 2 playoffs, far more than Harden has anyways. I dont know if its worth the risk but at least you get bird rights here. Whiteside always leaves me in 2K.

basketfan4life
02-17-2016, 04:22 AM
You know, i am Turkish and i think Enes is great and all, definetly deserves 30-35 mpg. But if there's any chance to Howard for Enes trade i'd do it. That would give them a real chance against gsw and spurs

Tony_Starks
02-17-2016, 12:13 PM

Ric Bucher: “The Houston*Rockets are going to do everything in their power to move Dwight Howard before the [trade] deadline.”*

–*via*NetsDaily

shep33
02-17-2016, 12:22 PM
I just find it hard to trade him unless it's ATL or Miami.

DarkKnight
02-17-2016, 12:28 PM
I just find it hard to trade him unless it's ATL or Miami.

What about the Knicks , I don't want him but Melo and fillers ?

Vinylman
02-17-2016, 12:43 PM
I disagree completely, Dwight was the MVP of the Clippers series and they didn't give Harden any special treatment, in fact, if McHale never benches Harden, the Clips prolly win that series. I saw the Portland series as well, Harden got more attention and Dwight got to work 1v1, but Dwight did his part in dominating that matchup whereas Harden struggled and Im the type who doesn't exonerate every struggle due to defensive attention, Harden should have stepped up regardless, my standards were pretty low tbh.

Dwight is no longer a guy you can count on in the regular season, but if you get him through it in one piece, hes beasted the last 2 playoffs, far more than Harden has anyways. I dont know if its worth the risk but at least you get bird rights here. Whiteside always leaves me in 2K.

no one on Houston deserves credit for that series win last year... it was an utter and complete collapse by the Clippers... Howard was so dominant that they were down 3-1 and going to be easily closed out if Doc wasn't completely incompetent...

Again... Howard is a nice upgrade for most teams but you really are overvaluing him... I would also suggest you go back and read some of the Portland coach's comments about that series and why he didn't care if Howard got his as long as they shut down Harden...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2014-nba-western-conference-first-round-trail-blazers-vs-rockets.html

shep33
02-17-2016, 12:49 PM
What about the Knicks , I don't want him but Melo and fillers ?

See I think Howard + Zinger would be so good for Zinger. That said, they need to add another player on that squad.

Dwight is 30, and he' gonna demand big money, I just don't think he's worth it, unless he's on a contender.

If they can manage to get Howard without giving up Zinger or Melo, I think it's worth it, although damn lol, the NYC media is going to eat him up when he starts pouting

Tony_Starks
02-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Dwight at this point is pretty much just a tease unless you're team is already really really close. Like close enough to where you have a legit shot without him but adding him takes you over the top.

If you're a fringe team tho steer clear. His health is questionable, he will at some point ultimately demand the ball, and his impact is not enough to merit the huge payday he's going to want to keep him.

Vinylman
02-17-2016, 01:05 PM
Would Houston trade him and then try to resign him to a 4 year deal in the offseason? I could see Morey being that shrewd

DarkKnight
02-17-2016, 01:32 PM
See I think Howard + Zinger would be so good for Zinger. That said, they need to add another player on that squad.

Dwight is 30, and he' gonna demand big money, I just don't think he's worth it, unless he's on a contender.

If they can manage to get Howard without giving up Zinger or Melo, I think it's worth it, although damn lol, the NYC media is going to eat him up when he starts pouting
I agree and he would get hammered by the press

Chronz
02-17-2016, 02:16 PM
no one on Houston deserves credit for that series win last year... it was an utter and complete collapse by the Clippers... Howard was so dominant that they were down 3-1 and going to be easily closed out if Doc wasn't completely incompetent...

Again... Howard is a nice upgrade for most teams but you really are overvaluing him... I would also suggest you go back and read some of the Portland coach's comments about that series and why he didn't care if Howard got his as long as they shut down Harden...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2014-nba-western-conference-first-round-trail-blazers-vs-rockets.html

That collapse doesn't happen without a reason, by far the biggest of them (injuries aside) was Dwight. Completely shut down the paint and kept a frightened Blake from attacking it, he thoroughly schooled DJ in the art of help defense. Not seeing what you're trying to get at by mentioning that they were down 3-1, is that suppose to change the fact that they came back and won, particularly with Dwight really turning it on for the final games? I dont see what Doc did wrong either, incompetent? Talk about exaggerations....

What makes you think Im overvaluing him, we're both in agreement that hes a nice upgrade for most teams. I could just as easily say you undervalue him because you want to ignore the best player who got his team to the Conference Finals. You want to give no credit to the victor, just blame to the loser.

I've read/seen similar strats on other bigs, what exactly is that suppose to prove? Different strokes for different teams, like in the Finals, I remember the Sixers/Pistons letting Shaq play mostly 1v1 and them swarming Kobe but a team like the Nets would play Kobe straight up and double the **** out of Shaq, what exactly are you trying to get at here?

Dwight being an upgrade

chadd
02-18-2016, 04:11 AM
Howard to the clips for griffen

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Bucks had little chit chat with Rockets final 24 hours about Howard. Which didn't go far. Which I'm glad. He'd be a rental other then 5th year Bird rights. Or very least sign and trade for tiny asset. But waste of time.

shep33
02-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Crazy... this dude was worth so much a couple years ago.