PDA

View Full Version : Fight/scuffle on Suns Bench

JasonJohnHorn
02-10-2016, 11:15 PM
https://streamable.com/30mg

I see this, and it just reminds me how stupid the Suns were for firing Hornacek.

Obviously the coach wasn't the problem.

CHANGO
02-10-2016, 11:22 PM
AAAAAAAAANDDDDDD... There goes Markieff trade value, if he had one.

5ass
02-11-2016, 12:18 AM
AAAAAAAAANDDDDDD... There goes Markieff trade value, if he had one.

Lol, this is what you happens when you hang on to the guy when you should've let go. Destroyed his trade value, and possibly his career. Lose-lose situation.

ManningToTyree
02-11-2016, 12:59 AM
This organization is a dumpster fire right now. Sheesh

FriedTofuz
02-11-2016, 12:59 AM
he's good for 2 2nd rounders

b_russ
02-11-2016, 01:03 AM
I hope somehow Morris ends up with the Kings.

Shady66
02-11-2016, 02:00 AM
Just bench him and let him rot

Scoots
02-11-2016, 02:05 AM
I hope somehow Morris ends up with the Kings.
Haha ... Maybe the kings can pick up lawson, matt barnes, and jr smith too.

shep33
02-11-2016, 02:13 AM
Horny getting fired was terrible. I said it before, they decided to keep Morris after he clowned Horny twice. Terrible.

ewing
02-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Do people really call him Horny?

kobe4thewinbang
02-11-2016, 11:11 AM
Suns have been reeling for an identity since the Nash WCF days. They had a decent team a few seasons ago, but now they've lost 9 straight and I think it'll only get worse with the injuries and the Morris drama.

Tony_Starks
02-11-2016, 11:41 AM
I know hating on Kief is the trendy thing right now but if you watch the video that actually wasn't his fault. He was trying to school Goodwin on where he was messing up and the kid overreacted. Looked like he had blown an assignment.

Afterwards they said they have a good relationship but the way things have been trending Morris is going to be the bad guy no matter how you slice it.

He needs out of Phoenix ASAP anyway, the organization is a joke.

IndyRealist
02-11-2016, 11:58 AM
I know hating on Kief is the trendy thing right now but if you watch the video that actually wasn't his fault. He was trying to school Goodwin on where he was messing up and the kid overreacted. Looked like he had blown an assignment.

Afterwards they said they have a good relationship but the way things have been trending Morris is going to be the bad guy no matter how you slice it.

Yeah, pretty sure Goodwin was the one sitting down and Morris was the one shoving and yelling.

Tony_Starks
02-11-2016, 12:21 PM

Yeah, pretty sure Goodwin was the one sitting down and Morris was the one shoving and yelling.

Morris was standing over him gesturing with his hands trying to show him and GOODWIN is the one that shoved his hands away and started the pushing.

Looking at Goodwins body language and reaction it was obvious to anyone that plays hoops that Goodwin had messed up and wasn't trying to hear what Morris had to say....

LanceUpperCut
02-11-2016, 12:27 PM
Morris was standing over him gesturing with his hands trying to show him and GOODWIN is the one that shoved his hands away and started the pushing.

Looking at Goodwins body language and reaction it was obvious to anyone that plays hoops that Goodwin had messed up and wasn't trying to hear what Morris had to say....

Maybe watch it again. I don't see how that's not Morris's fault no matter if Goodwin so called pushed his hands away.

Tony_Starks
02-11-2016, 12:59 PM

Maybe watch it again. I don't see how that's not Morris's fault no matter if Goodwin so called pushed his hands away.

How's that his fault? Morris is the "leader" and has already said he has a big brother relationship with Goodwin.

Things get heated in a game, that''s just how it goes. Lebron and crew used to do that to Mario Chalmers on a regular for 4 years!

But when you react like Goodwin did, instead of just taking it, then that's when things escalate.

JasonJohnHorn
02-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Do people really call him Horny?

People call me Horny.

JasonJohnHorn
02-11-2016, 01:50 PM

If somebody was doing to you what Morris was doing, would you feel the same way?

Tony_Starks
02-11-2016, 01:55 PM

If somebody was doing to you what Morris was doing, would you feel the same way?

I wouldn't trip, in hoop culture that's really not a huge deal honestly. Some can take it, some can't . Remember when KG yelled at Big Baby and made him cry on the bench? Or when Lebron told Mario to "shut the F up" live on tv in front of everybody?

It's not like he's your manager at work, in game things get heated.

ewing
02-11-2016, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't trip, in hoop culture that's really not a huge deal honestly. Some can take it, some can't . Remember when KG yelled at Big Baby and made him cry on the bench? Or when Lebron told Mario to "shut the F up" live on tv in front of everybody?

yeah, this is a non story to me. Whenever i see my guys get into it up i'm thinking "alright start a ****ing fight, get the team fired up"

LanceUpperCut
02-11-2016, 02:06 PM
So even if Goodwin reacted bad to Morris's hands in his face does that give him the right do shove him like that. If anyone overreacted it was Morris

ewing
02-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Jesus you guys love to pass judgement. nothing ****ing happened

LanceUpperCut
02-11-2016, 02:26 PM
Jesus you guys love to pass judgement. nothing ****ing happened

What the hell are you talking about? How did nothing happen. Is this something that happens every game. Sure they might be over it but it shows just how much of a hot head Morris is and can explode at anytime.

Scoots
02-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Morris had his hand around Goodwins throat at one point. I could hear Goodwin say to someone else "he blames me for every f***ing thing!"

It's not all one sided but it sure looks like Morris' act has more than worn thin.

JAZZNC
02-11-2016, 02:57 PM

Do you honestly not see how off those comparisons are? Did you really just put KG and LeBron in the same class as Markief ****ing Morris??? There is a huge difference between perennial all stars and some douche that nobody respects yelling at you. You have to EARN the respect from your teammates before you can go killing them like that.

Corey
02-11-2016, 03:01 PM

KG did it with every young player he interacted with.

He made Glen Davis cry in the middle of a game.

He's universally respected for his leadership.

Goodwin ****ed up, Morris called him out for it, and Goodwin didnt take the criticism.

ewing
02-11-2016, 03:08 PM
What the hell are you talking about? How did nothing happen. Is this something that happens every game. Sure they might be over it but it shows just how much of a hot head Morris is and can explode at anytime.

2 guys yelled at each other during a basketball game. I consider that nothing.

LanceUpperCut
02-11-2016, 03:20 PM

KG did it with every young player he interacted with.

He made Glen Davis cry in the middle of a game.

He's universally respected for his leadership.

Goodwin ****ed up, Morris called him out for it, and Goodwin didnt take the criticism.

And then what happened?

Tony_Starks
02-11-2016, 04:05 PM

Do you honestly not see how off those comparisons are? Did you really just put KG and LeBron in the same class as Markief ****ing Morris??? There is a huge difference between perennial all stars and some douche that nobody respects yelling at you. You have to EARN the respect from your teammates before you can go killing them like that.

Well like it or not Kief is the KG or Lebron of THAT team. Watson said first day on the job that he made it completely clear he was giving the keys to him. Even though I'm sure they are doing that to shop him the point is like it or not he is the man.He's been balling out since Watson took over.

Who the hell is Goodwin? A wet behind the ears kid that was screwing up. Compared to Morris he's a scrub.

Also you overlook the fact that apparently that is the type of relationship they have already, it's not like Morris just woke up on the wrong side of the pillow. It's Big brother little brother.

Humble yourself, take the lesson and keep it pushing. Try to act tough instead and get checked.

That simple.

LanceUpperCut
02-11-2016, 04:36 PM
Well like it or not Kief is the KG or Lebron of THAT team. Watson said first day on the job that he made it completely clear he was giving the keys to him. Even though I'm sure they are doing that to shop him the point is like it or not he is the man.He's been balling out since Watson took over.

Who the hell is Goodwin? A wet behind the ears kid that was screwing up. Compared to Morris he's a scrub.

Also you overlook the fact that apparently that is the type of relationship they have already, it's not like Morris just woke up on the wrong side of the pillow. It's Big brother little brother.

Humble yourself, take the lesson and keep it pushing. Try to act tough instead and get checked.

That simple.

And if you don't I'm gonna choke you out in front of everyone.

leftie5
02-11-2016, 05:20 PM
While in the big picture this isn't that big of a deal, there is a reason the Morris twins have pending felony assault charges against them and are among the leaders in technicals every season. They seem to have a tough time handling their emotions effectively.

MassoDio
02-11-2016, 06:55 PM

That simple.

While that may be what Watson told Kief...and what he is feeding the media...the players on that team know otherwise. No one on that team looks to Kief as a leader. He is no way the KG or LeBron for the Suns. I mean....not in ANY way. He isn't even the best player on the team.

There is no respect for Kief among anyone in the organization, from front office down to the players, because he made it very clear that he did not care about anyone on that team other than his brother. There has been a lot more coverage here in Phoenix than there has been nationally, because nationally, the Suns and Kief are not news.

No player in that locker room wants to hear anything from Kief about how to do their job when he has demonstrated that he doesn't understand what that means.

While I do believe Goodwin overreacted, Kief did more so and took it to someplace that does not belong in the huddle on the sidelines, regardless of the "getting heated...it happens in sports" cliche.

Corey
02-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Watson made Markieff a focal point of the team.

Watson told Markieff and Chandler that they're the leaders.

Pj Tucker and Markieff both got into it verbally with Archie on the court last night because he was taking plays off.

They got to the bench, Markieff gave him a talk and he wasn't hearing it.

Two minutes later they were both high fiving on the court, and they were the two leading scorers for the Suns last night.

You're all soft. If you've never yelled at, or gotten yelled at by a teammate, you either didnt play sports or your teams sucked. Soft. Fights, shoving, screaming all happen regularly. Cameras caught it this time. Big ****ing deal.

Aleksandar
02-12-2016, 11:42 AM

That simple.

There's the problem then. They gave franchise keys to Markieff Morris haha that's just plan laughable.

Then again, if they keep up like this, they could pass Philly and Lakers in the tanking race. Looking a the table they already have same amount of losses as Brooklyn(who don't have a pick), and are only 3 wins behind Lakers. I say they have a good chance to land Simmons or Ingram.

MassoDio
02-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Watson made Markieff a focal point of the team. Most likely by edict of the front office to boost his trade value. This would have nothing to do with his ability as a player, or his ability to lead, which he has never shown any capability to do

Watson told Markieff and Chandler that they're the leaders. See above. and Chandler makes sense.

Pj Tucker and Markieff both got into it verbally with Archie on the court last night because he was taking plays off.

They got to the bench, Markieff gave him a talk and he wasn't hearing it.

Two minutes later they were both high fiving on the court, and they were the two leading scorers for the Suns last night. Neither of these things matter in relation to what the issue is.

You're all soft. If you've never yelled at, or gotten yelled at by a teammate, you either didnt play sports or your teams sucked. Soft. Fights, shoving, screaming all happen regularly. Cameras caught it this time. Big ****ing deal. I agree with the statement about yelling, fighting, shoving, etc. However, most "leaders" understand how to go about that in a much better way than what happened.

"Leaders" don't choke their teammates on the bench. The issue is not the yelling. The issue is not the arguing or trying to get on the young kid for taking plays off. The issue is that Kief put his hands around the kid's neck. ON LIVE TV IN FRONT OF CAMERAS.

Look....this isn't that big of a deal in relation to there being a "fight between teammates". The issue is that this 1) happened on the bench during a a game 2) Kief put his hands around a teammates neck 3) Kief has a pending case for assault 4) Kief has no credibility in regards to taking plays off that would afford him respect from his teammates. Therefor, no one is going to listen to him if he yells at them for that, since he has basically taken the entire season off up until about five games ago.

This isn't about being soft, it's about understanding the situation and state of the team.

A)Archie overreacted
B) Kief overreacted
C) Kief took it too far
D) Kief has no credibility or respect

TheBigCheese12
02-13-2016, 01:06 AM
There's the problem then. They gave franchise keys to Markieff Morris haha that's just plan laughable.

Then again, if they keep up like this, they could pass Philly and Lakers in the tanking race. Looking a the table they already have same amount of losses as Brooklyn(who don't have a pick), and are only 3 wins behind Lakers. I say they have a good chance to land Simmons or Ingram.

That would be a dream come true but this franchise will screw it up somehow or if they do land him they will trade him away for garbage. It's just how we roll.

Scoots
02-13-2016, 11:28 PM
A bit of additional info that I haven't seen earlier in the thread ... the opening tip was to Goodwin and he didn't even take a step to get it and Chandler and Tucker along with Morris were yelling at him. He was playing defense flat footed and not playing well. He was doing a bad enough job that it blew up 3 minutes into the game. That has been brewing.