PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Teague

Stunner
02-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Pacers offering a package to the Hawks for Jeff Teague. ESPN reports George Hill is in the proposed trade

Teague also deleted all of his Hawks pics off of his Instagram

IndyRealist
02-09-2016, 04:51 PM
This makes me sad.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Hill and Teague make the exact same amount, so really no other players need to get thrown in if a pick(s) coming from Indy is enough for ATL.

flea
02-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Good for both teams IMO, I follow the Hawks since I hear their stuff on the radio and enjoy Coach Bud and Horford. Schroeder isn't as good as Teague right now but he's not too far away, and the 2 PG lineup with both just doesn't work.

Hill is big and good enough to play SG off the ball for long stretches, can shoot, and can run a team. If this goes down I love it for the Hawks.

For Pacers I don't follow as much, but I would have thought Monta would have been the one they tried to ship out (Hawks did try to sign him in offseason). I don't see how a Teague/Monta backcourt maximizes either guy but that's a lot of quickness and the Pacers want to run and go small. Maybe it works - people underrate the advantage of having 2 ballhandlers on the floor at the same time if the team can make it work defensively.

tredigs
02-09-2016, 05:10 PM
How does this trade make any sense for either team? Exact same contract/years. Essentially the same roll. I don't get it. Ultimately, even if you think it might be a net+, to disrupt a teams flow this much by yanking your starting PG is a huge gamble. And neither of these guys are good enough to put one team over the edge. There is something behind the scenes that we're missing here if this is actually going to come to fruition. That said, this is all still rumor-mill BS at this point.

flea
02-09-2016, 05:14 PM
How does this trade make any sense for either team? Exact same contract/years. Essentially the same roll. I don't get it. There is something behind the scenes that we're missing here if this is actually going to come to fruition. That said, this is all still rumor-mill BS at this point.

They've spoken on the radio about how Teague and Schroeder have been unhappy at different times this season. Schroeder thinks he's a starter and at least wanted PT, I think Bud even benched him a few games that was seemingly punitive. Everyone knew Schroeder was the future so I guess they just want more shooting and a veteran PG that can play next to Schroeder.

ManningToTyree
02-09-2016, 05:19 PM
I don't get this. I know they want to get Schroeder in the starting 5 but they can't do better then Hill? Good player but comparable to Teague. Do they feel he'd be more willing to come off the bench? Has to be more to this picks or something.

tredigs
02-09-2016, 05:22 PM
They've spoken on the radio about how Teague and Schroeder have been unhappy at different times this season. Schroeder thinks he's a starter and at least wanted PT, I think Bud even benched him a few games that was seemingly punitive. Everyone knew Schroeder was the future so I guess they just want more shooting and a veteran PG that can play next to Schroeder.

And just bench Bazemore? Yeah, I guess that makes enough sense from Atlanta's perspective if that rumor's true, and just watching them that does makes sense. But, this is apparently offered from Indy's end.

GiantsSwaGG
02-09-2016, 05:27 PM

Geroge Hill isn't a shooting guard, he's not a good shooter that's why him and Ellis couldn't fit. The trade doesn't make sense for either team, Teague sure as well doesn't fit with Ellis, I don't know if Teague is even that good off the ball. Something tells me the Hawks are asking for Turner to execute the deal

GiantsSwaGG
02-09-2016, 05:29 PM
And just bench Bazemore? Yeah, I guess that makes enough sense from Atlanta's perspective if that rumor's true, and just watching them that does makes sense. But, this is apparently offered from Indy's end.

Why bench Bazemore? He's having a career year and if the least of their problems. Geroge Hill isn't a shooting guard and he's about to turn 30 on top of that!

GiantsSwaGG
02-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Teague for Tobias Harris makes more sense

shep33
02-09-2016, 05:38 PM

Not really. I mean both trades don't make sense lol.

Teague for Hill? I think Teague is better.

Teague for Harris? Orlando already has Oladipo, Peyton, Fournier and Napier. Also, Harris' 3 point shooting has dropped. So if they roll out Horford, Milsap, and Harris, you have no 3 point shooting outside of Korver

flea
02-09-2016, 05:38 PM

Nah I assume they would either start Hill and just up Schroeder's bench minutes to closer to 30 per game (most likely) or they would bench Korver - something they've been talking about for a while now since he is old. Bazemore's been great, even if not as good Carroll, and there's no way they'd play big minutes with undersized guards, a non-physical shooter at the 3, and an undersized 4 and 5.

flea
02-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Geroge Hill isn't a shooting guard, he's not a good shooter that's why him and Ellis couldn't fit. The trade doesn't make sense for either team, Teague sure as well doesn't fit with Ellis, I don't know if Teague is even that good off the ball. Something tells me the Hawks are asking for Turner to execute the deal

He's not a great shooter but he's a good shooter. He played off the ball a lot in SA and in Indy. He's definitely a better shooter than both Teague and Schroeder. There aren't a whole lot of great shooters at PG, even less who can play SG too. I'd say he's definitely one of the better ones.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Not sure how Teague and Ellis will work out. Jennings and Ellis sure didn't work out in Milwaukee.

5ass
02-09-2016, 05:58 PM

I'm sure they'd rather have Fournier.

Vee-Rex
02-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Hearing all of Horford, Teague, and Korver are up for trade.

I'd love to somehow snag Korver to my Cavs. Give 'em Mozgov and RJ and a 2nd round pick. Both are coming off the books next year. I bet Korver would do really well playing with Bron.

Then we could use our trade exception to bring in a Terrence Jones/Mason Plumlee/Kosta Koufos

Irving/Delly/Mo
JR/Shumpert/Cunningham
Bron/Korver
Love/(Jones/Koufos/Plumlee)
Thompson/Varejao

A GUY COULD DREAM.

I wanted John Henson too. How's he doing this year, Miller?

TrueFan420
02-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Hearing all of Horford, Teague, and Korver are up for trade.

I'd love to somehow snag Korver to my Cavs. Give 'em Mozgov and RJ and a 2nd round pick. Both are coming off the books next year. I bet Korver would do really well playing with Bron.

Then we could use our trade exception to bring in a Terrence Jones/Mason Plumlee/Kosta Koufos

Irving/Delly/Mo
JR/Shumpert/Cunningham
Bron/Korver
Love/(Jones/Koufos/Plumlee)
Thompson/Varejao

I doubt it happens but if it did JR would instantly be moved to the bench for Kover.

Vee-Rex
02-09-2016, 06:07 PM
I doubt it happens but if it did JR would instantly be moved to the bench for Kover.

That's true.

Truthfully I wish Shumpert was starting again. JR is too much of a bonehead to be playing in early and late game situations. Besides, he'd be a great piece off the bench.

5ass
02-09-2016, 06:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hmfpmrl
I posted this in the rockets forum a couple of weeks ago. I think the trade is good, especially if it leaves cap space for Durantula. If it doesn't, then just send Harris to a 4th team for expiring+picks or rookie contracts.
Rockets get Teague+
Magic get Lawson(cut)+Jones+Capela
Hawks get Fournier+KJ McDaniels

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-09-2016, 06:32 PM
@shepp33 magic would deff be in on teague

We don't run Vic at pg no more ... Napier is awful.... Watson been hurt all year

All we really have is elfrid Payton who has alot of potential but IMO would be better for as a back up to teague. His shot is not good so he doesn't get much respect and he hasn't been finishing at the rim well. He is a great passer and defender although his D seems a little off this year. I don't want to trade him but I this he would be great off the bench behind a guy like teague.

Vee-Rex
02-09-2016, 06:33 PM
How about:

Hawks receive Love, Mozgov, Jefferson, Williams, 2018 1st round pick from Cavs
Cavs receive Millsap, Korver

Cavs would do that in a heartbeat. Hawks might laugh.

I'm excited for the trade talks.

5ass
02-09-2016, 06:42 PM

We don't run Vic at pg no more ... Napier is awful.... Watson been hurt all year

All we really have is elfrid Payton who has alot of potential but IMO would be better for as a back up to teague. His shot is not good so he doesn't get much respect and he hasn't been finishing at the rim well. He is a great passer and defender although his D seems a little off this year. I don't want to trade him but I this he would be great off the bench behind a guy like teague.

He'd be find until his contract runs out in a couple of years and Payton surpasses him as a player. It makes some sense for Orlando, I agree I want a vet PG filling in for Payton at times. That's why we got Watson, but unfortunately he's been injured. The only thing is I believe Payton has a very bright future and guaranteed to be a good starter. Plus you know the kid has to play with confidence, if he doesn't he's not as effective. When he does, he's very effective. Benching him for Teague could set him back, and Payton clearly has a high ceiling. That jump shot just needs to improve. I agree his defenses has taken a step back though. Hennigan and Skiles say his knee/ankle is still bothering him. Elfrid doesn't like to miss games and will play through injury often. Like Westbrook.

GiantsSwaGG
02-09-2016, 08:44 PM

I figured that, Harris for Teague straight up or Harris and Fourner for Teague and Korver and a 2nd

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-09-2016, 09:08 PM
I think teague for Harris or for milsap makes sense straight up .... will be interesting to see what happens .... 9 days away

5ass
02-09-2016, 09:17 PM
I think teague for Harris or for milsap makes sense straight up .... will be interesting to see what happens .... 9 days away

Watch hennigan trade a 2nd for a Josť Calderon or something similar Lol. I really dont expect anything big to happen.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Honestly I disagree ... I think we are going to see something big even if that means just clearing cap with guys like Harris Frye fournier (since he has value) so we can go out hard in FA this off season. Henny clock is running out of time for his job he needs to do something to prove himself of more time

5ass
02-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Honestly I disagree ... I think we are going to see something big even if that means just clearing cap with guys like Harris Frye fournier (since he has value) so we can go out hard in FA this off season. Henny clock is running out of time for his job he needs to do something to prove himself of more time

We have enough cap space to offer a max... why clear more? And for who? Durant is for sure a target. we have enough for him. Who else would we want? Not really sure I want to pay horford max money, not sure he's a good fit with Vucevic either. He's a lot like him offensively, especially the fact that he doesn't get to FT line (we're last in the league as a team). Defensively Horford isn't great defending the PF position. Also if we're just going to get Horford than trade Harris, Frye and Fournier for him. That way at least we have a better chance at signing him when he's a FA. Also I dont think Hennigan is running out of time, and I still think we can make a run at the play offs if we revert to what we were doing in the beginning of the season. We're currently the 10th seed I think. Who knows what hennigan is thinking though, this guy is careful not to show his cards. I think the only predictable move he's made so far is acquiring Payton on draft night.

5ass
02-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Also we definitely don't need to trade Fournier to clear Frye's contract off the books. Rumours are multiple teams interested in him. He's been good this year. Very useful for a play off team. His advanced stats are amazing like they were in PHX.

Stunner
02-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Teams talking deals w/Atlanta agree on this: Any Horford/Teague deal likely to be deadline day. Asking prices have been sky-high for both.

https://twitter.com/chrismannixys/status/697238669195870208

IndyRealist
02-09-2016, 10:28 PM
George Hill is a very good shooter, spot up and off the dribble. The reason Hill does not play well off of Ellis is because Hill is the PG, and sets up everyone else including Monta. When anyone else has the ball they run pick n' pop so the passing target is always a big. They've stopped running the drive and dish that got the ball to 3pt shooters like CJ Miles and Hill.

And the Pacers officially have abandoned small ball, and now start 7ft Myles Turner at PF next to Ian Mahimni.

I don't know if Atlanta wants Hill to play 6th man backing up both guard spots, but that was his original role with the Pacers.

Stunner
02-09-2016, 10:33 PM
A league source claims that the Magic and Hawks have discussed a deal involving Victor Oladipo and Jeff Teague.

https://twitter.com/fisolanydn/status/697246510703124480

5ass
02-09-2016, 10:40 PM
A league source claims that the Magic and Hawks have discussed a deal involving Victor Oladipo and Jeff Teague.

I'd bet anything that doesn't happen. Everyone wants to make up rumours and claim they have "league sources". What's your source? Oladipo has more value for us (and probably most of the league), but more importantly why would we trade someone for the sole reason he's a bad fit with Payton and get another PG in return? Probably a Hawks fan practicing wishful thinking.

Corey
02-09-2016, 10:42 PM
What would Hawks fans want from the Celtics? Marcus Smart?

5ass
02-09-2016, 10:43 PM
I don't get it... the Hawks want Schroder to take over at PG because they think he can be better than Teague. But Oladipo is better than Schroder, so he must become better than Teague right? So how could Oladipo=Teague? Also, Schroder and Dipo isn't a good fit.

5ass
02-09-2016, 10:45 PM
What would Hawks fans want from the Celtics? Marcus Smart?

I want Smart.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-09-2016, 11:18 PM
Hell no to dipo for teague smh.... I'd kill henny if he pulled that....

Maybe they said hey we want dipo for teague and we said uhhh no and that's where this rumor started....

*Silver&Black*
02-10-2016, 12:59 AM

https://twitter.com/fisolanydn/status/697246510703124480

Yes please!

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-10-2016, 01:43 AM
Not a chance .... probably what the hawks asked for right before they got hung up on. Trades makes zero sense

*Silver&Black*
02-10-2016, 02:10 AM
probably. or probably not.

5ass
02-10-2016, 04:00 PM
I feel like coach Bud is the one who put out this Teague for Oladipo rumour so that he can raise his asking price.

Corey
02-10-2016, 04:23 PM
I feel like coach Bud is the one who put out this Teague for Oladipo rumour so that he can raise his asking price.

http://i.imgur.com/WJg30Qa.png

I mean, yeah Teague is older, but you're acting like Dipo is worlds better. He isnt.

Gander13SM
02-10-2016, 04:23 PM
I'd bet anything that doesn't happen. Everyone wants to make up rumours and claim they have "league sources". What's your source? Oladipo has more value for us (and probably most of the league), but more importantly why would we trade someone for the sole reason he's a bad fit with Payton and get another PG in return? Probably a Hawks fan practicing wishful thinking.

LOL. Defensive much?

Most of these have a grain of truth to them. They've probably called Orlando and made an offer involving those guys or whatever. Doesn't mean it's "realistic".

If I call you and offer you my worst player for your best and you laugh in my face, it might leak that I made a call and then it turns into "X contacted Y to discuss trading A for B"

It's not false. It's just not the whole story.

Calm down.

yungincome
02-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Watch hennigan trade a 2nd for a Josť Calderon or something similar Lol. I really dont expect anything big to happen.

Done deal! Lol

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-10-2016, 04:50 PM
Oladipo is younger then teague and has much more potential to be better. Not to mention it just doesn't make sense for our team.... Harris for teague I'd get but not dipo

5ass
02-10-2016, 05:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WJg30Qa.png

I mean, yeah Teague is older, but you're acting like Dipo is worlds better. He isnt.

No I'm not acting like Dipo is worlds better at all. I'm acting like this trade makes zero sense. Dipo is more valuable because he's 23, has more potential and is a RFA after next season while Teague is too old for our core isn't a good fit next to Payton and a UFA next year. If we're trading Oladipo because he doesn't fit next to Payton, why would we want another PG. It doesn't even make sense for the Hawks because Oladipo and Schroder isn't a good fit.

5ass
02-10-2016, 05:48 PM
LOL. Defensive much?

Most of these have a grain of truth to them. They've probably called Orlando and made an offer involving those guys or whatever. Doesn't mean it's "realistic".

If I call you and offer you my worst player for your best and you laugh in my face, it might leak that I made a call and then it turns into "X contacted Y to discuss trading A for B"

It's not false. It's just not the whole story.

Calm down.

I am calm lol. Why wouldn't I be if I know its BS... I just dont understand how people can believe any rumour without using their brain.

Corey
02-10-2016, 07:14 PM
No I'm not acting like Dipo is worlds better at all. I'm acting like this trade makes zero sense. Dipo is more valuable because he's 23, has more potential and is a RFA after next season while Teague is too old for our core isn't a good fit next to Payton and a UFA next year. If we're trading Oladipo because he doesn't fit next to Payton, why would we want another PG. It doesn't even make sense for the Hawks because Oladipo and Schroder isn't a good fit.

Value depends on team and makeup.

Teague could be more valuable than Oladipo to a lot of teams right now. His salary is reasonable, he's in his prime, he's a very effective two way player. 27 is a good age, he's still got a ton left in the tank. If a team is close to winning now, and needs a handler, Teague is more valuable.

If I'm the Celtics, I'd much rather trade for Teague than Oladipo

5ass
02-10-2016, 07:24 PM

Teague could be more valuable than Oladipo to a lot of teams right now. His salary is reasonable, he's in his prime, he's a very effective two way player. 27 is a good age, he's still got a ton left in the tank. If a team is close to winning now, and needs a handler, Teague is more valuable.

Obviously since the Celtics have Braldey+smart. But for most teams (most importantly the magic) Oladipo has more value. I haven't even mentioned we're talking about PG vs SG. The deepest position in the league vs probably the weakest.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-10-2016, 07:29 PM
Obviously since the Celtics have Braldey+smart. But for most teams (most importantly the magic) Oladipo has more value. I haven't even mentioned we're talking about PG vs SG. The deepest position in the league vs probably the weakest.

Dude you literally took the words right out of my mouth!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-12-2016, 10:39 AM

That's why tons of teams linked to have interests in Teague. Don't hear a peep of anyone interested in Oladipo.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Yea cause atl made teague available so you hear teams trying. plus as already stated lots of teams need a good pg there isn't many but there is plenty of sg to choose from

Corey
02-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Yea cause atl made teague available so you hear teams trying. plus as already stated lots of teams need a good pg there isn't many but there is plenty of sg to choose from

"Lots of teams need a good PG there isnt many"

Huh?

Its the deepest position in the NBA.

5ass
02-12-2016, 02:15 PM
"Lots of teams need a good PG there isnt many"

Huh?

Its the deepest position in the NBA.

Obviously mixed up PG and SG.

5ass
02-12-2016, 02:16 PM

Lol he's millerhigh is just mad I said I dont like parker in the other thread. Taking it out on dipo here haha

Firefistus
02-12-2016, 05:52 PM
One thing about Teague though, if you take a gamble on trading him he could still bounce at the end of next season. It's because of that I don't see high value in trading for him, yes the contract is fairly low, but that only helps you this year, at the end of next season you have to pay him max or he walks. If you have the cap space and the pieces to trade for a guy that you hope will re-sign in a year from now then go for it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-13-2016, 10:59 AM
Lol he's millerhigh is just mad I said I dont like parker in the other thread. Taking it out on dipo here haha

I could care less about what ya think about Parker. Just think you over rate most your roster a bit much. Your personality is matching your moniker.

5ass
02-13-2016, 02:30 PM
I could care less about what ya think about Parker. Just think you over rate most your roster a bit much. Your personality is matching your moniker.

I could say the exact same thing to you...

Don't think I'm overrating anyone. There's a reason hawks fans jump all over this and magic fans dislike the trade. I would take you seriously if I thought you knew what you're talking about, but I've already read your criticisms about magic players and they stem from ignorance. All I have to say, is if you're going to criticize the magic, at the very least make an effort to watch more of their games.