PDA

View Full Version : Karl gone soon ?

Stunner
02-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Report: Kings players have 'tuned out' Karl
Kings players have "tuned out" George Karl, sources told The Vertical's Chris Mannix.
Additionally, the players are "privately seething over inefficient practices and shootarounds, and ineffective in-game adjustments from the bench." Per Mannix, "the front office's confidence in Karl has almost completely eroded," and it's gotten so bad under Vivek Ranadive's watch that minority owners "have quietly explored ways to seize controlling interest" from him. Things are not fine in Sacramento, and it would be shocking if the team didn't make (another) change at head coach.
Source: Yahoo Sports Feb 8 - 11:47 AM
Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
Draft Advice

Scoots
02-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Player coach Rajon Rondo!

Alayla
02-08-2016, 01:40 PM
Most head coach firings baffle me especially mid season but this one makes all the sense in the world never was a very good coach and has a longstanding habit of fighting with players.

ewing
02-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Player coach Rajon Rondo!

No way the kings find someone willing to take this job that both Cousins and Rondo will respect, might as well

Stunner
02-08-2016, 11:25 PM
ESPN sources say that the Sacramento Kings are going ahead with a coaching change and plan to fire George Karl in coming days

lakerfan85
02-08-2016, 11:45 PM
In the coming days? Why not just get it over with? The Kings franchise is a ****ing joke..

Aust
02-09-2016, 12:36 AM
Only a matter of time.

5ass
02-09-2016, 12:47 AM
How many coaches did this team go through the last couple of years. I said it in the off season and will continue to say it. Fire Karl, trade Cousins, and rebuild. The problem is they messed up their chance to tear it down when they made a deal with Philly. Now if they trade cousins they have to get some win now players, which is likely not the right thing long term. Kings need a fresh start.

Stunner
02-09-2016, 02:36 PM
ESPN sources say that the Sacramento Kings, in a dramatic about-face, have decided to keep George Karl in place as coach .

Stunner
02-09-2016, 02:39 PM
The Kings scrapped plans to fire George Karl after lengthy meeting Tuesday in Philly between Karl and GM Vlade Divac, sources told ESPN

FOXHOUND
02-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Always good to remember that there are organizations more poorly ran than my Knicks. :laugh2:

JLynn943
02-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Yeah, Vlade said Karl's staying. May as well with the money he's getting. It's not like we have someone waiting to take the job that's going to turn the recent play around. I like Corliss, but he's not ready for that.

Vampirate
02-10-2016, 12:29 PM
The Kings are one of those teams that probably could use Thibs as a coach.

KnicksorBust
02-10-2016, 12:40 PM
The Kings are one of those teams that probably could use Thibs as a coach.

Wow what an interesting idea. They have some defensive pieces in place as well. Would love to see if he could turn that team around.

Sly Guy
02-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Wow what an interesting idea. They have some defensive pieces in place as well. Would love to see if he could turn that team around.

me too. I actually think he could do it and turn them into something really fearful