PDA

View Full Version : Knicks fire Fish

Stunner
02-08-2016, 11:55 AM
ESPN sources say that the Knicks have fired coach Derek Fisher

chi-townlove1
02-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Yeah. I feel a Thibs signing in the offseason for them.

Mr. Baller
02-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Don't get the timing. Team has overachieved this year and Melo has been playing hurt leading to their recent slide. Is Fish the best coach, no? But why hire a first time coach if you are only gonna give him a year and a half with a **** roster

Scoots
02-08-2016, 12:03 PM
I don't really understand ... mid-season replacements only make sense if you already have the planned next coach on staff.

Karl up next to be canned?

By the way, when Blatt was fired the people saying black coaches getting fired is because of racism were silent as he was replaced by Lue ... Now with Fish getting fired are they going to come back out?

ewing
02-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Don't get the timing. Team has overachieved this year and Melo has been playing hurt leading to their recent slide. Is Fish the best coach, no? But why hire a first time coach if you are only gonna give him a year and a half with a **** roster

the team seems to have gone a wall on him. there have been rumors all year about the players not respecting Fisher despite playing hard for him. I had a feeling something was up after the Meph game last week, the team played hard and it was a close game but they pretty much played pick up basketball all night. They really didn't run any of there normal sets. As a knicks fan i am happy to see him gone. He rotations were quite confusing.

Jetsguy
02-08-2016, 12:06 PM
pretty crazy - he was not the best hire to begin with but once you make that decision giving him such little time is crazy. I think they are ready to move on from the triangle honestly

effen5
02-08-2016, 12:08 PM
If Thibs takes on the Knicks....oh man he would do wonders for that team.

Beltrans Mole
02-08-2016, 12:08 PM
He's a terrible head coach. This is great news.

Stunner
02-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Kurt Rambis is Knicks interim coach but league sources believe Brian Shaw and Luke Walton are top long-term replacement candidates

foonaka
02-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Kurt Rambis is Knicks interim coach but league sources believe Brian Shaw and Luke Walton are top long-term replacement candidates

I guarantee they go hard after Walton in the off-season (or sooner). He and Phil had a great relationship and PJ always spoke highly of Luke while they were in LA.

kdspurman
Luke Walton makes sense here.

FYL_McVeezy
:dance:

colinskik

I don't mean to call you out specifically, but this is a great example how the main forum is bereft of any true knowledge across the league as a whole.

If anything, this firing is overdue. Fish demonstrated time and again that he just isn't savvy enough with x's and o's to be a head coach. Seems like the team gave up on him weeks ago. Four of the last five losses could've easily resulted in W's with a better coach.

latinofire21
02-08-2016, 12:15 PM
WOJ "Asked Derek why he thought this decision was made. Fisher replied: It's a process, we are building for a future. A future of play calling and actual late game management. Phil didn't think my pedigree was enough for the process. I wish the Knicks the best and I am ready to suit up as PG for this team. Phil give me a call!"

NYKalltheway
02-08-2016, 12:16 PM
The realistic choice now is Tom Thibodeau. Watch the Knicks hire Brian Shaw :laugh2:

IndyRealist
02-08-2016, 12:16 PM
By the way, when Blatt was fired the people saying black coaches getting fired is because of racism were silent as he was replaced by Lue ... Now with Fish getting fired are they going to come back out?
Who says that? It's not "black coaches get fired", it's "all coaches get fired not named Popovich"....unless you know something about Thibs and McHale the rest of us don't.

Crackadalic
02-08-2016, 12:18 PM
Not sure I understand the timing of this really

mudvayne387
02-08-2016, 12:18 PM
I am sure this will be hard to grasp for non Knick fans from the outside looking in. So, let me explain to you the situation as best I can before everyone comes in here bashing the move.

First and foremost Derek Fischer was not ready to be an NBA head coach. This could not have been an easy decision for Jackson to make considering he and Fischer's past history. This just proves that the situation was in fact dire and changes needed to be made. Some will look at the improvement in overall record and say why in the hell would they trade him. But the fact is, if you watched him coach on a nightly basis you would see they he was completely in over his head.

His rotations were absolutely puzzling at times. You are talking going 10-11 deep into the bench before the first quarter even expired. If someone had the hot hand, it wouldn't matter he would still sub them out. It's like he had his moves pre-calculated before the game even started and there was no changing his mind.

His lineups to finish out the games were even worse. He would often wait until it was too late to bring back in Lopez, Porzingis and Anthony.

Kyle O'Quinn who many considered a bargain in the off season rarely sees the court for significant stretches being passed up for Lou Admundson.

Lastly, his grasps for the X's and O's of the game have been questioned by the players since the day he was brought in. Now I understand there are some coaches who are motivators who have had success with their assistants drawing up most of the plays. The problem is, Fischer is not a motivator either. So is he is not a brilliant basketball mind nor a motivator, then what is he doing coaching the most valuable franchise in the NBA ?

I have no doubt that Phil Jackson thought he could mentor and mold Fischer into a viable head coach. Sadly, it is quite cleat to the majority of Knicks fans that this was not the case. I don't blame Jackson for trying and actually give him credit for pulling the plug before things got out of hand. But too many games were lost down the stretch because the right players weren't on the court or the Knicks couldn't hit a big shot when it counted.

Shady66
02-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Okay....

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Will the triangle offense go as well? Or is Phil pushing the triangle yet?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2016, 12:22 PM
I am sure this will be hard to grasp for non Knick fans from the outside looking in. So, let me explain to you the situation as best I can before everyone comes in here bashing the move.

First and foremost Derek Fischer was not ready to be an NBA head coach. This could not have been an easy decision for Jackson to make considering he and Fischer's past history. This just proves that the situation was in fact dire and changes needed to be made. Some will look at the improvement in overall record and say why in the hell would they trade him. But the fact is, if you watched him coach on a nightly basis you would see they he was completely in over his head.

His rotations were absolutely puzzling at times. You are talking going 10-11 deep into the bench before the first quarter even expired. If someone had the hot hand, it wouldn't matter he would still sub them out. It's like he had his moves pre-calculated before the game even started and there was no changing his mind.

His lineups to finish out the games were even worse. He would often wait until it was too late to bring back in Lopez, Porzingis and Anthony.

Kyle O'Quinn who many considered a bargain in the off season rarely sees the court for significant stretches being passed up for Lou Admundson.

Lastly, his grasps for the X's and O's of the game have been questioned by the players since the day he was brought in. Now I understand there are some coaches who are motivators who have had success with their assistants drawing up most of the plays. The problem is, Fischer is not a motivator either. So is he is not a brilliant basketball mind nor a motivator, then what is he doing coaching the most valuable franchise in the NBA ?

I have no doubt that Phil Jackson thought he could mentor and mold Fischer into a viable head coach. Sadly, it is quite cleat to the majority of Knicks fans that this was not the case. I don't blame Jackson for trying and actually give him credit for pulling the plug before things got out of hand. But too many games were lost down the stretch because the right players weren't on the court or the Knicks couldn't hit a big shot when it counted.

I wanted my Bucks to sign Ajinca and O'Quinn this past summer.

Hawkeye15
02-08-2016, 12:24 PM
is Phil still wanting the triangle? if so, expect an ex-Laker hire

CHANGO
02-08-2016, 12:25 PM
WTF is going on with teams firing coaches who are doing a well or fine job with the talent they have? Cavs, Phoenix, Sacramento with the rumors and now New York? All of those coaches did/are doing the best they can with the talent they have/had. SMH.

Also to the people saying "he'll find a job soon" to the coaches getting fired. That's like having a $20 per hour job getting fired and finding another job at $13 per hour, isn't the same job. Isn't the same pay. Few coaches have the luck to get fired as coach and find another job as a head coach and not an assistant or other thing.

ewing
02-08-2016, 12:28 PM
is Phil still wanting the triangle? if so, expect an ex-Laker hire

I think Kurt will probably finish out the season but we'll see. As far as the triangle, i think we will see a little more improvisation while still using triangle concepts. It not like the Knicks or anyone in the NBA runs a set offense- i do think at time Fish had these guys thinking a little too much out there. I cant see them going pick and roll heavy even if they brought in someone else though. there best pick and roll guard is Langston Galloaway. I think the main thing is that his players wanted him out

Tony_Starks
02-08-2016, 12:30 PM
He shot himself in the foot when he said they don't need to make the playoffs this year. Totally the wrong message to send to a team that is at least headed in the right direction.

He was basically trying to lower his expectations and accountability for this season, give himself another pass, and it backfired....big time!

IndyRealist
02-08-2016, 12:31 PM
WTF is going on with teams firing coaches who are doing a well or fine job with the talent they have? Cavs, Phoenix, Sacramento with the rumors and now New York? All of those coaches did/are doing the best they can with the talent they have/had. SMH.

Also to the people saying "he'll find a job soon" to the coaches getting fired. That's like having a $20 per hour job getting fired and finding another job at $13 per hour, isn't the same job. Isn't the same pay. Few coaches have the luck to get fired as coach and find another job as a head coach and not an assistant or other thing.

Going from $5m/yr to $1m/yr isn't really the same as $20/hr to $13/hr. I think he'll be fine.

Tony_Starks
02-08-2016, 12:33 PM
I don't really understand ... mid-season replacements only make sense if you already have the planned next coach on staff.

yeah, um.....

nobody was saying that.

Scoots
02-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Thibs has said repeatedly he's not going to coach anywhere this year.

Walton is now the coach in waiting for like 5 teams. Sheesh.

No Mark Jackson/David Blatt rumors? :D

mudvayne387
02-08-2016, 12:35 PM
I wanted my Bucks to sign Ajinca and O'Quinn this past summer.

Q'Quinn put up 15 and 5 against the grizzlies in mid January in 20 minutes of play. His reward ? seven minutes of action the next game against the Sixers. Just an example of why Fischer made no sense.

DarkKnight
02-08-2016, 12:38 PM
He shot himself in the foot when he said they don't need to make the playoffs this year. Totally the wrong message to send to a team that is at least headed in the right direction.

He was basically trying to lower his expectations and accountability for this season, give himself another pass, and it backfired....big time!

This is the answer close thread .... As soon as Fish said that he basically told the owner and Jax no playoffs and sure that didn't sit well ... Plus the whole Barnes fiasco

cmellofan15
02-08-2016, 12:39 PM

LMAO what people? why do you want to bring race into this so badly?

anyways....ex Lakers would definitely make sense here as others have said. Phil had very high praise of Luke Walton in his 11 Rings book so i'm thinking they hold out for him.

Stunner
02-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Source close to Tom Thibodeau: "The #Knicks are the job he's always wanted. He would crawl to Madison Square Garden."

zn23
About time.... he was atrocious

Scoots
yeah, um.....

nobody was saying that.

Nobody was saying that black coaches were fired because of racism? Oh yes they were.

These are the first 3 links that came up on google:

http://thedissnba.com/2014/05/08/this-is-what-structural-racism-in-the-nba-looks-like/
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/5/16/5723170/nba-race-problem-coaches-gms-owners
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/ostler/article/Is-there-a-different-standard-for-black-NBA-5461444.php

Those 3 happen to be from a year and half ago, but as a Warriors fan I've heard it more recently than that from people claiming racism was the main factor in firing Mark Jackson.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-08-2016, 12:41 PM
Knicks are a trainwreck.

D-Leethal
02-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Fisher never seemed enthusiastic about this gig - it appeared he jumped at an offer he couldn't refuse without much time at all to think it over. I never got the impression he was happy doing what he was doing and probably would have rather been retired. The day he was hired he was talking about how he used to come to NYC as a player and never leave his hotel room because it was so overwhelming being from Arkansas. The day of the Barnes fiasco he had like one day off and flew to the West Coast. Kind of shows where his priorities were the second he had some free time.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Source close to Tom Thibodeau: "The #Knicks are the job he's always wanted. He would crawl to Madison Square Garden."
Doubt that.

DarkKnight
02-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Knicks are a trainwreck.

Okay

mudvayne387
02-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Knicks are a trainwreck.

Tremendous contribution to the thread

teddygreen17
02-08-2016, 12:48 PM
1. Knicks get off to slow starts
+
2. Knicks do not execute in 4th quarters.

Both are on Fisher. This was expected. Hoping for Luke Walton, Hoping to Trade Carmelo to get assets and cap space to put Clarkson and Beal around him. Then we're off.

cmellofan15
02-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Nobody was saying that black coaches were fired because of racism? Oh yes they were.

http://thedissnba.com/2014/05/08/this-is-what-structural-racism-in-the-nba-looks-like/
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/5/16/5723170/nba-race-problem-coaches-gms-owners
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/ostler/article/Is-there-a-different-standard-for-black-NBA-5461444.php

Those 3 happen to be from a year and half ago, but as a Warriors fan I've heard it more recently than that from people claiming racism was the main factor in firing Mark Jackson.

any instances other than jackson or was this just a one time thing that really got you going? also the fact that you had to go as far as "thedissnba" shows that you are definitely seeking this stuff out in hopes to be offended lol

Stunner
02-08-2016, 12:55 PM
I agree Knicks would be Thibodeau's dream job; but Thibs and Phil is a bad match. Doubt if it happens.

https://twitter.com/mcgrawdhbulls/status/696737863380107264

KnicksorBust
02-08-2016, 12:55 PM

More to the general belief that this is a bad or poorly timed firing...

Realize we are a capped out team. We signed Lopez and Afflalo as solid vets to fill the starting 5. We have a "star" player in Carmelo Anthony. And we have a better than expected rookie in Porzingis. If that isn't enough to get you to coach a .500 team then maybe the problem is you.

ewing
02-08-2016, 12:56 PM
Fisher never seemed enthusiastic about this gig - it appeared he jumped at an offer he couldn't refuse without much time at all to think it over. I never got the impression he was happy doing what he was doing and probably would have rather been retired. The day he was hired he was talking about how he used to come to NYC as a player and never leave his hotel room because it was so overwhelming being from Arkansas. The day of the Barnes fiasco he had like one day off and flew to the West Coast. Kind of shows where his priorities were the second he had some free time.

I remember you saying this weeks ago and i agree. He really came off as dour ****.

zn23
I don't think people truly realize how bad Fisher was. I can't see him getting another head coaching job again. He only got this job because of his connection with Phil. At least Tyron Lue spent years as an assistant, Fisher didn't even do that. Fisher was so unqualified for this job.

KnicksorBust
I agree Knicks would be Thibodeau's dream job; but Thibs and Phil is a bad match. Doubt if it happens.

https://twitter.com/mcgrawdhbulls/status/696737863380107264

Thibs is anything but "zen."

CHANGO
Going from $5m/yr to $1m/yr isn't really the same as $20/hr to $13/hr. I think he'll be fine.

Yes it is once you get used to a luxurious lifestyle. It's all about routine and lifestyle.

KnicksorBust
02-08-2016, 12:57 PM

You gotta realize that the team falling off a cliff. Lost 9 out of 10. He has lost the team. He coaches with no passion or energy. He makes no in game adjustments. His rotations are a mess. And our star rookie player is regressing. That's scary. How long can you let that go on???

He had to go.

LOb0
02-08-2016, 12:58 PM
He seemed lost the entire time. That playoff comment killed it.

Tony_Starks
02-08-2016, 12:59 PM
yeah, um.....

nobody was saying that.

Seems like you're pretty desperate to push a agenda here sir. Good luck.

At any rate,Fish's firing was well deserved.

During Black History Month at that, the MAN strikes again!!

Scoots
02-08-2016, 01:00 PM
any instances other than jackson or was this just a one time thing that really got you going? also the fact that you had to go as far as "thedissnba" shows that you are definitely seeking this stuff out in hopes to be offended lol

1. I didn't look for specific firings, just mentioned that I was hearing it last year and in part around Jackson.

2. I didn't have to go far, I literally posted the first 3 things that came up on Google ... which is what I said I did.

3. It didn't "get me going" ... it got me going last year when people were making the argument that black coaches getting fired was because of racism and that the number of black coaches in the NBA was shrinking and the reason was racism. They were silent as McHale and Blatt were replaced by Bickerstaff and Lue ... so I was wondering if they would pop back up with a black coach getting fired.

4. I believe professional sports is one of the places where racism is far less common than in "real life" and I found it irksome that people were arguing that bad coaches getting fired was because of their skin color.

5. Feel free to not respond as I did not intend to turn this thread into a debate on racism in sports.

-S

Scoots
02-08-2016, 01:03 PM

not desperate at all, just responding to your "nobody".

I don't believe it's racism ... I believe it's bad coaching.

Pierzynski4Prez
Thibs should be the #1 candidate easily.

I do have concerns about how Melo would fit with him long-term. I think short-term it would be OK, but as Melo gets older and Thibs demands of practice intensity don't get easier, they could eventually clash. Who knows.

HandsOnTheWheel
Okay
Okay

Don't take it from me, it goes without saying.

ewing
02-08-2016, 01:09 PM
How about those Dolphins?

DarkKnight
02-08-2016, 01:12 PM

He is Miami Dolphins fan , he knows train wrecks first hand

DarkKnight
02-08-2016, 01:12 PM

Ha ha beat me

Scoots
02-08-2016, 01:16 PM

With that joke you double invoke the ghost of Jimmie Johnson :)

blahblahyoutoo
02-08-2016, 01:16 PM
they finally realized he says the same **** over and over again in his post game interviews, which is nothing.
all he says is "you know", like 4x in one sentence.
no fisher, we don't know.

mudvayne387
02-08-2016, 01:17 PM

Good Point.

Suh = Anthony

Bit overrated, selfish, inflated contract , etc ...

LOb0
02-08-2016, 01:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1OTfBgB.png

Scoots
02-08-2016, 01:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1OTfBgB.png

I hope Skip is getting that in his face today.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-08-2016, 01:27 PM

Pretty much.

NYCkid12
02-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Yes it is once you get used to a luxurious lifestyle. It's all about routine and lifestyle.

Another difference is when I get fired from my $20 an hour job, I don't have a guaranteed contract I get paid. When a coach gets fired, he still gets paid the full amount he signed his contract for.

Also, although I understand and agree that players/coaches will get used to a better lifestyle when making a larger annual salary, you will NEVER have any fan give any pity to someone who made 5M a year for 2-3 years (not to mention the money he made as a player), when ordinary fans are basically living paycheck to paycheck. It's not the same thing as me or you getting fired from our jobs in any sense.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Rodman wants to coach the Knicks now lol.

IndyRealist
02-08-2016, 01:34 PM

Dropping from $5m to $1m doesn't suddenly make your mortgage and car payment 80% of your income. Head coach to assistant is a change in disposable income. A lot of it, but still disposable. Going from $20/hr to $13/hr means deciding which bill you're not going to pay this month. Not "sorry kids, no cabo for spring break".

This is why people don't understand progressive tax rates.

KnickNyKnick
02-08-2016, 01:35 PM

LoL with Mike Tyson as his assistant.

blahblahyoutoo
02-08-2016, 01:38 PM

#blackcoacheslivesmatter

blahblahyoutoo
02-08-2016, 01:41 PM
Knicks are a trainwreck.

no. Knicks is back!

HandsOnTheWheel
02-08-2016, 01:41 PM
LoL with Mike Tyson as his assistant.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CatVHqEW8AAP6DQ.jpg

foonaka
02-08-2016, 01:52 PM

This sounds like Phil Jackson. As good as he was, his rotations baffled me at times. I was always wondering why he removed someone when they were hot. Seemed he was also set on his rotations before the games started.

setman2000
02-08-2016, 01:53 PM
How much does Phil make a year? What a joke.

zn23
02-08-2016, 01:56 PM
I hope Skip is getting that in his face today.

That's up there with "gimme josh freeman over cam newton"

It's astonishing that people listen to this moron shock jock.

NYKnickFanatic
02-08-2016, 02:00 PM

Get it done, Phil!

NYKnickFanatic
02-08-2016, 02:01 PM
no. Knicks is back!

:yawn:

Hawkeye15
02-08-2016, 02:21 PM

haha

colinskik
02-08-2016, 02:34 PM
they finally realized he says the same **** over and over again in his post game interviews, which is nothing.
all he says is "you know", like 4x in one sentence.
no fisher, we don't know.

I don't know what they hell your point is here.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Broussard reported that Isiah may get a 2nd chance.

ewing
02-08-2016, 02:43 PM
I always felt he looked like an alligator and i didn't like that, so i am glad Phil fired him.

DarkKnight
02-08-2016, 03:06 PM

Is that true :laugh:

Scoots
02-08-2016, 03:15 PM

He might do better than another former Eastern PG ... Mark Jackson.

I think it's a near certainty that the Knicks wait until the end of the season to do a thorough coaching search.

mudvayne387
02-08-2016, 03:37 PM
This sounds like Phil Jackson. As good as he was, his rotations baffled me at times. I was always wondering why he removed someone when they were hot. Seemed he was also set on his rotations before the games started.

I mean I can kind of understand it if you have a contender and are looking to preserve your stars legs, but the only thing Fisher was gaining from his rotations was a higher pick for the Raptors/Nuggets.

LOb0
02-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Isiah wasn't a bad coach, he was actually pretty good.

Eagles4Lyfe
02-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Yess, that pick is looking sweeter and sweeter.

FOXHOUND
02-08-2016, 03:56 PM
I always felt he looked like an alligator and i didn't like that, so i am glad Phil fired him.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

blahblahyoutoo
02-08-2016, 04:03 PM
I don't know what they hell your point is here.

seemed fairly obvious. he was fired because he has communication issues. he cannot effectively communicate his point to his players. he says the same **** over and over again, you know, you know, you know.
they need to hire someone that speaks fluent english.

blahblahyoutoo
02-08-2016, 04:04 PM

dude that's races.

Laker Legend42
02-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Taking this knicks job was a lose lose for Derrick fisher. If he had done well all the credit would have gone to Phil Jackson and losing would have ended just as it did. He should have gotten on someone's staff first. I also don't think players had much respect for him. Starting with all that went down when he was over the players union. Then when Pau and Odom was traded he stood up and said being traded was part of the business but when he was traded he wouldn't even meet with the Suns and they were in town for a game. Then the whole Matt barnes thing. I think fish would have made it hard to sign free agents. However, Kurt rambis isn't much better.nyou look at the coaches that want to run the triangle they don't do too well. Watch out Knicks fans Brian shaw might be your next coach.

NYKnickFanatic
02-08-2016, 04:08 PM
dude that's races.

Racist?

And how is saying someone looks like an alligator racist?

Laker Legend42
02-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Racist?

He said races. So he might be right. You are just assuming he meant racist.

ewing
02-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Isiah wasn't a bad coach, he was actually pretty good.

He did draw up that 3 point buzzer beater by Eddie Curry. Fisher wouldn't have even of taken the timeout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxlDgn_DdwI

TRIUMPHATOR
02-08-2016, 04:20 PM
I mean I can kind of understand it if you have a contender and are looking to preserve your stars legs, but the only thing Fischer was gaining from his rotations was a higher pick for the Raptors/Nuggets.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Haha

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Is that true :laugh:

lol just joking ;)

blahblahyoutoo
02-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Racist?

and if he said he looks like a gorilla, is that ok to you too?

ewing
02-08-2016, 05:02 PM

Hey, that's racist

ewing
02-08-2016, 05:12 PM
Wojo says role players feed up with inconsistent mins/not knowing roles plus Fish moving away from triangle offense reason for split

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/woj-report-why-derek-fishers-202225395.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

CHANGO
02-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Another difference is when I get fired from my $20 an hour job, I don't have a guaranteed contract I get paid. When a coach gets fired, he still gets paid the full amount he signed his contract for.

Also, although I understand and agree that players/coaches will get used to a better lifestyle when making a larger annual salary, you will NEVER have any fan give any pity to someone who made 5M a year for 2-3 years (not to mention the money he made as a player), when ordinary fans are basically living paycheck to paycheck. It's not the same thing as me or you getting fired from our jobs in any sense.

Of course isn't the same thing, hell no I'm not giving any pity to Fisher or any other coach that got fired. I was just referring to the people that always say "he'll get plenty of coaching opportunities" when in reality isn't always like that.

Tony_Starks
02-08-2016, 05:49 PM
On a side note, did anyone happen to see the picture that Matt Barnes posted as soon as news broke about shiesty Fisher getting fired?

The expression is PRICELESS, almost better than putting hands on him again!

72 Wins
02-08-2016, 06:18 PM
At any rate, Fish's firing was well deserved.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

NYKnickFanatic
02-08-2016, 06:24 PM

Answer a question with a question. Nicely done.

xbrackattackx
02-08-2016, 06:56 PM

That's races

kobe4thewinbang
02-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Plus with Rondo's resurgence, I dunno if trashing him was wise. Knicks could use a PG, but I dunno if yhey're keeping the triangle.

blahblahyoutoo
02-08-2016, 07:25 PM

why don't you answer the question i axed?

kobe4thewinbang
02-08-2016, 07:27 PM
why don't you answer the question i axed?Dude quit being racist.

blahblahyoutoo
02-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Dude quit being racist.

he's the one that likened fisher to an animal and you be accusing me of races???

LOb0
02-08-2016, 08:44 PM
He did draw up that 3 point buzzer beater by Eddie Curry. Fisher wouldn't have even of taken the timeout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxlDgn_DdwI

lmao wtf

Beltrans Mole
02-08-2016, 09:53 PM
Fisher should have never been hired in the first place. The guy was in way over his head from the start. He had the bailout excuse last year because Melo missed a lot of the season and the Knicks were basically tanking, but this year's squad has much more talent and his rotations and in game management were nothing short of terrible. I'm so happy Phil pulled the plug on his mistake here because the team will rally around a competent coach.

Gander13SM
02-09-2016, 03:10 AM

No he's right. A bunch of twitter personalities were pushing this about a month back, HPBaskerball, HoopsHistory, Seth from Grantland, Howard Beck chimed in at about the same time, Stephen A Smith wouldn't shut up about it last year and he's mentioned it in passing a couple times recently when talking about Mark Jackson, USA Today talked to coaches about it, one of the new york times writers was debating it on twitter but he was looking at the lack of black owners.

Honestly if you follow the basketball "voices" on twitter I'm amazed that you missed this. It crops up every few months when someone gets fired or put on "the hot seat" and then fades away again until next time.

Don't go arguing though. That makes you racist.

ewing
02-09-2016, 07:56 AM
we're going to dominate now. Washington is getting smacked down tonight

Tony_Starks
02-09-2016, 10:39 AM

No he's right. A bunch of twitter personalities were pushing this about a month back, HPBaskerball, HoopsHistory, Seth from Grantland, Howard Beck chimed in at about the same time, Stephen A Smith wouldn't shut up about it last year and he's mentioned it in passing a couple times recently when talking about Mark Jackson, USA Today talked to coaches about it, one of the new york times writers was debating it on twitter but he was looking at the lack of black owners.

Honestly if you follow the basketball "voices" on twitter I'm amazed that you missed this. It crops up every few months when someone gets fired or put on "the hot seat" and then fades away again until next time.

Don't go arguing though. That makes you racist.

I don't do twitter. I already know black coaches get the short end of the stick because black people in general get the short end of the stick. Stephen A and others are right to address that when necessary.

My point is none of that has anything to do with this. Fish deserved to get fired. That's it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-09-2016, 11:30 AM
we're going to dominate now. Washington is getting smacked down tonight

Knicks are back!

ewing
02-09-2016, 11:33 AM
knicks are back!

you know it. So long as melo stays healthy we are gunning for that 8th spot

FriedTofuz
02-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Knicks are back, the triangle was holding them back, they'll be a much better team with a different offense.

Raidaz4Life
02-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Knicks are back, the triangle was holding them back, they'll be a much better team with a different offense.

Wouldn't Rambis be running the Triangle?