PDA

View Full Version : What's Markieff Morris's trade value?

LanceUpperCut
02-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Going along with the other trade value threads what people's opinion on Morris's trade value?

Before this season I'd say he was a slightly above average PF kind of a well rounded player but not great at any one thing. The good is the contract and age the bad is the attitude, leadership, the pending assault charges and his game in general has been just bad this season.

Some may say he has good reason to be pissed off at the Suns organization if the promises to keep him and his brother together were true but it still he's pretty much quite on his teammates and even had a in house suspension for throwing a towel at coach Hornacek.

So whats his value a mid range pick? a bench player and a late pick? Just a match salaries? or is he too much of a headcase to take him for free?

IndyRealist
02-07-2016, 06:33 PM
I doubt anyone's giving up a 1st for a bad apple. Roy Hibbert wasn't even a disruptive presence and he got traded for a 2nd.

kobe4thewinbang
02-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Dunno what the Suns' vision for the team is, so hard to know what they'd ask for. I'd say he's worth a 2017-future second round pick and one decent player that maybe starts on a bad team, or two bench players or a prospect shooter. Again, dunno what Suns are looking for, but he's got rumors that Rockets and others want him. He's got game.

dalton749
02-07-2016, 08:36 PM
He's worth
Phx in:James Johnson, delon wright, Drew Gooden, raptors 1st, protected 2nd
Was in: Patrick Patterson, Lucas nogueria, John leuer
Tor in: markieff Morris, Jared Dudley, Gary Neal

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Old rumor was Rockets were offering Jones and Brewer. But they had to wait on Brewer for the calendar year of like January 15 to trade him. But haven't heard anything since. Then rumors of Pelicans thought about trading off Anderson I believe it was. Pistons want Morris as well or Anderson. But sounds like Pistons rather get Anderson as free agent and not give up any assets in a trade for him. But then that new rumors of Jennings for Thad are heating up. So who knows which way Pistons go.

TrueFan420
02-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Pistons should target him. The twins would be happy and I'm sure they could get a good deal.

If I'm the Bucks I'd target him. He could add some much needed spacing.

BoSox47
02-08-2016, 04:00 PM
I would give up the celtics own first round draft pick for him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Pistons should target him. The twins would be happy and I'm sure they could get a good deal.

If I'm the Bucks I'd target him. He could add some much needed spacing.

Suns probably want a arm and a leg for him. Also if reports are true Parker been draining a ton of 3's in practice. Yeah it's practice and not game time. But Kidd told Giannis not to shoot 3's last year then end of season said let 'r rip. So same probably gonna happen to Parker end of season and get more touches. But hopefully rumors are true and Kidd steps down and works in the office. Bucks played better under Prunty. Also now with Kidd back he has Middleton jacking up lots more shots. Where under Prunty Giannis and Parker got a few more shots.

TrueFan420
02-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Suns probably want a arm and a leg for him. Also if reports are true Parker been draining a ton of 3's in practice. Yeah it's practice and not game time. But Kidd told Giannis not to shoot 3's last year then end of season said let 'r rip. So same probably gonna happen to Parker end of season and get more touches. But hopefully rumors are true and Kidd steps down and works in the office. Bucks played better under Prunty. Also now with Kidd back he has Middleton jacking up lots more shots. Where under Prunty Giannis and Parker got a few more shots.

Suns prob do want a lot but their not gonna get. They handled that situation so poorly. His stock is low right now and only looks to rebound with a change of venue. No one is gonna give up a bunch for him.

Even if true about Parker I don't think he's a 4 and while I get what you guys are trying do I don't think he can make it work there full time. End of game situations sure but not heavy minutes.

Yea a new coach would help never been a big fan of kidd.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Parker better fit at SF. We have Giannis at PF.

basketballkitty
02-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Morris to Philly

Nik Stauskas to Phoenix

????

king4day
02-09-2016, 09:50 AM
His stock is improving since Watson took over.
He'll be able to net some semblance of value (as opposed to Phoenix having to give up an asset to dump him).
He had a nice game last night against OKC and had 9 scouts watching him.

king4day
02-09-2016, 09:52 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he's dealt in a bigger package along with Tucker or Teletovic.

LanceUpperCut
02-09-2016, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he's dealt in a bigger package along with Tucker or Teletovic.

Tucker and Morris to the Raptors could be a thing. I just don't know if MU wants to jeopardize that lock room and hard work attitude Casey has installed.

Raps have a couple extra late lottery picks the next two seasons and a bunch of young guys in the D-League.

Unless MU has his sights set higher I see them as being pretty good targets.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Tucker and Morris to the Raptors could be a thing. I just don't know if MU wants to jeopardize that lock room and hard work attitude Casey has installed.

Raps have a couple extra late lottery picks the next two seasons and a bunch of young guys in the D-League.

Unless MU has his sights set higher I see them as being pretty good targets.

Later first round picks don't have much value. Most playoff teams in the luxury tax cough them up all the time to get below. Heck Bucks got that late Clippers first round just to take Dudley. Then we re-flipped that picked for washed up Vasquez.

TrueFan420
02-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Parker better fit at SF. We have Giannis at PF.

Guess I had the two mixed up I thought it was other way around but they've been used interchangeably. They want to switch everything like the Warriors. They add Morris and you have the luxury of having Parker come off the bench. Gaines moves back to SF.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Monroe/MCW benched in last nights win over Celtics. Monroe with 29 points and like 12 rebounds. He responded well.

IndyRealist
02-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Guess I had the two mixed up I thought it was other way around but they've been used interchangeably. They want to switch everything like the Warriors. They add Morris and you have the luxury of having Parker come off the bench. Gaines moves back to SF.

In that scenario you move a #2 pick to the bench? I don't think that happens.

Corey
02-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Sullinger and Jerebko for Morris

Sullinger is restricted and Jerebko's money isnt guaranteed for next year

LanceUpperCut
02-10-2016, 04:26 PM
Later first round picks don't have much value. Most playoff teams in the luxury tax cough them up all the time to get below. Heck Bucks got that late Clippers first round just to take Dudley. Then we re-flipped that picked for washed up Vasquez.

Well the Raps have a pick that sits at 10 right now too. Plus 20-25 range picks don't have a ton of value but they are still sought after and are pretty much good for a guy like Morris or for expiring guys like Anderson.

LanceUpperCut
02-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Sullinger and Jerebko for Morris

Sullinger is restricted and Jerebko's money isnt guaranteed for next year

That's a fair deal I just don't know if it helps Boston a lot but I'm a fan of Sullinger, my view could be skewed a bit mainly cause he always kills the Raptors.

Corey
02-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Well the Raps have a pick that sits at 10 right now too. Plus 20-25 range picks don't have a ton of value but they are still sought after and are pretty much good for a guy like Morris or for expiring guys like Anderson.

Say what you want about Morris' personality, but a player of his caliber on a pretty team friendly contract is worth a **** ton more than a late first.

Corey
02-10-2016, 04:45 PM
That's a fair deal I just don't know if it helps Boston a lot but I'm a fan of Sullinger, my view could be skewed a bit mainly cause he always kills the Raptors.

Yeah, I mean I'm a Celtics fan. Sullinger isnt going to be here long term, and Morris would fit what Stevens is trying to do with a stretch 4 + multi-positional players + being able to switch at 4 positions.

They arent going to do anything to upset the culture in the locker room, but I dont think Morris is all that bad of a guy. He felt slighted because of everything that happened with his brother, I think a fresh start will motivate him.

Boston has to get rid of someone at some point, and I think Morris would fit the mold for them. Jerebko's money isnt guaranteed for next year, and he's a solid 3/4 off the bench, Sully can give starter minutes and stretch the floor and rebound. I think it would be mutually beneficial.

TrueFan420
02-10-2016, 06:03 PM
In that scenario you move a #2 pick to the bench? I don't think that happens.
Well when he starts playing like the #2 pick then it's subject to change but at the moment he isn't. Also playing him and Ganis at the 3/4 kills their spacing. Morris helps that out until they improve their shot.

LanceUpperCut
02-10-2016, 11:27 PM
Say what you want about Morris' personality, but a player of his caliber on a pretty team friendly contract is worth a **** ton more than a late first.

I agree he is skill wise, not that he's that great I'd say a slightly above average PF but worth a lottery pick before this mess of a season. No way the Suns get a good haul for him now after the suspension, quitting on the team, assault charges pending and most of all just a ****** ****** play on the court.

I think Suns don't get much more then a bench player and non lottery pick.

aman_13
02-10-2016, 11:48 PM
This guy is a ****ing idot.

Laker Legend42
02-11-2016, 12:14 AM
This might sound crazy but I think the clippers should explore trading Blake griffin to the Suns for Morris and maybe a few more things. It's not equal value but he's a better floor spacer than Blake which would open the floor and gives deandre more room to maneuver. it's a gamble but doc needs to try and get guys that can fit rather than collecting names.

CHANGO
02-11-2016, 12:52 AM
https://streamable.com/30mg

I see this, and it just reminds me how stupid the Suns were for firing Hornacek.

Obviously the coach wasn't the problem.

With this happening tonight, I think the trade value he had, just disappeared. Clearly he is a head case, lot of talent but bad attitude.

Laker Legend42
02-11-2016, 12:56 AM
With this happening tonight, I think the trade value he had, just disappeared. Clearly he is a head case, lot of talent but bad attitude.

Yeah I was coming back to go back on my last post. Morris should be kicked out of the nba never to return. He should be blackballed.

Scoots
02-11-2016, 02:46 AM
The suns should send him and a pick for their trouble to the kings. Lets see if we can kill Karl with a coronary.

basketballkitty
02-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Don't be surprised if the Sixers try and bring in the Philly Native. He obviously is not happy there. And Hinkie can Low ball the Suns on an offer for him.

LanceUpperCut
02-11-2016, 09:20 AM
I'd think Philly is the last place he should go.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-11-2016, 06:35 PM
What about Morris and Chandler to Nets for Joe Johnson's huge expiring? Suns get a redo on the bad signing of Chandler. Chandler broke down fast. One of the worst contracts in the league. Right up there with Asik. Nets try to get a couple more wins to get that pick farther out of lottery. Maybe Nets follow up with that rumored Thad for Jennings and get on a roll?