PDA

View Full Version : Gamethread 02/07 - 02/13 : Vs. LAC, Vs. SAS + All-Star Weekend

beasted86
02-07-2016, 03:36 PM
02/07 - 02/13 Schedule:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/teamsites/logos/teamlogos_80x64/lac.gif
Miami HEAT Vs. Los Angeles Clippers

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/teamsites/logos/teamlogos_80x64/sas.gif
Miami HEAT Vs. San Antonio Spurs

SteBO
02-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Gerald Green sucks...

Slug3
02-07-2016, 03:39 PM
Gerald Green sucks...

We all agree.

beasted86
02-07-2016, 03:39 PM
This game has started ugly against the Clippers, but glad we're ahead with Bosh in early foul trouble

beasted86
02-07-2016, 03:41 PM
We all agree.

We all expected him to be hot and cold, but he's just mostly taking and bricking contested shots.

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Why is green sooooooo ***

It's crazy how bad he's been

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 03:44 PM
We all agree.

We all expected him to be hot and cold, but he's just mostly taking and bricking contested shots.

But there's no hot with him in forever

beasted86
02-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Why is green sooooooo ***

It's crazy how bad he's been

He does still keep the defense honest, so I have to give him that much credit.

Slug3
02-07-2016, 03:45 PM

And he talks so much about wanting to play D and plays nothing close to it.

archdevil84
02-07-2016, 03:46 PM
never liked GG anyway

Slug3
02-07-2016, 03:46 PM
And of course green makes a fadeaway while being doubled.

archdevil84
02-07-2016, 03:47 PM
whiteside is gonna kick someone in his face if he keeps dunking like this lol

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Whiteside almost brought the rim down on that one lol

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 03:48 PM
2 missed easy lobs

Common guys

Slug3
02-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Please let Stevenson and Whiteside go at it. I really hate Lance so much.

SteBO
02-07-2016, 03:50 PM
If Hassan was in there Stephenson wouldn't have been so demonstrative. That's the effect Hassan has when he's in the game. We just need to make more shots.

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Moves need to be made to help this bench

Idk what we have to give tho

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Bosh is getting punked

Missing open jumpers

Taking dumb fade aways

Missing lay ups

Getting blocked multiple times

Throwing passes to the clippers

Get it together max player

archdevil84
02-07-2016, 03:58 PM
deng has been pretty good for us

Slug3
02-07-2016, 03:59 PM
I have to imagine if Hubbie Brown has a family that none of them go visit him because he is so annoying.

archdevil84
02-07-2016, 03:59 PM
how about we just give each team 5 billion timeouts while were at it

archdevil84
02-07-2016, 04:01 PM
I have to imagine if Hubbie Brown has a family that none of them go visit him because he is so annoying.

i'm honestly quite enjoying this stream that i'm watching now. i think its russian but stil not sure

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Omg bosh common

Slug3
02-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Omg bosh common

I know, why pass up an open jumper to drive it on Jordan?

Slug3
02-07-2016, 04:25 PM
So Jordan just throws his arm around our guy and no foul?

Slug3
02-07-2016, 04:28 PM
I have to think that our whole 40 page playbook is nothing but the pick n roll. Lol

archdevil84
02-07-2016, 04:29 PM
I have to think that our whole 40 page playbook is nothing but the pick n roll. Lol

dont forget the 5 pages of turnovers out of timeouts

archdevil84
02-07-2016, 04:32 PM
lol deng got owned hard there

archdevil84
02-07-2016, 04:33 PM
and then he comes back and makes a 3 pointer + foul. i think thats our first 4 point play this year btw

Slug3
02-07-2016, 04:37 PM
dont forget the 5 pages of turnovers out of timeouts

I love it when we come out of a TO and the play that gets drawn up is a freaking Iso play. That's what Spo went with. Lol

Slug3
02-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Deng seems to be the only one that came to play. Everyone else is looking to get to that super bowl party. I bet CP3 is even heading over to Wades after.

Slug3
02-07-2016, 04:46 PM
I hate this hack a Jordan crap. You want to be known as a defensive team so just play some damn defense.

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 04:46 PM
We're really fouling Jordan like that?

What ***** ball

Slug3
02-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Come the hell on Spo.

Slug3
02-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Just make an Intentional foul outside of 2 minutes 3 attempts to make 2 and be done with this crap.

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Just make an Intentional foul outside of 2 minutes 3 attempts to make 2 and be done with this crap.

Easy fix

No matter who you intentionally foul , whoever has the ball in there hands is the one shooting

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 04:55 PM
How is that a foul and not a jump ball? Wtf lol

Slug3
02-07-2016, 04:55 PM
That's why I dislike Whiteside most the time. Gets the ball at the free throw line and shoots a floater instead of passing it to the corner to our wide open player. He's not a team player.

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Bosh is legit killing us

Slug3
02-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Bosh is legit killing us

Nobody is really doing anything. So the whole team is killing us.

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 04:57 PM
That's why I dislike Whiteside most the time. Gets the ball at the free throw line and shoots a floater instead of passing it to the corner to our wide open player. He's not a team player.

How about our star players being 1-11 and 5-17?

Slug3
02-07-2016, 04:59 PM
I don't get how anyone on this team can shoot 80% from the FT line cause I don't think anyone would make 8 out of 10. Lol

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Free throws today also killing us

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:05 PM
How about our star players being 1-11 and 5-17?

Wade and bosh have won multiple rings been to multiple all star appearances and have made big shots in their lifetime. I dislike it but they are allowed to have a bad game here and there. Whiteside needs to prove we should resign him and prove he fits in and not just looking to get his own. And at the moment that's all he's looking to get.

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:13 PM
I seriously just watched Bosh not be able to post up Pierce. Lol

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:15 PM
NBA needs to suspend Green for us so we can stop using him.

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 05:16 PM
3 point game!! Let's go!!

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 05:16 PM

Facts lol

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Holy crap get green out. Can't even make a dunk.

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Green gave up the open 3 and missed an easy dunk lol

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Facts lol

You see him smack the scorers table. He was trying to break his hand for us. Lol

beasted86
02-07-2016, 05:20 PM

With no Johnson, you really prefer Richardson?

For me, hell no.

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Why would bosh leave Jordan open for a dunk

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 05:23 PM

For me, hell no.

Yes

Richardson is much better on defense

He also would shoot nearly as much

Which would be a positive for us coming from that spot

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 05:24 PM
How ****ing stupid does he have to be to keep green in this game

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Bosh really let Jordan get 2 open lobs? Lmaoooo

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 05:26 PM
I know your half ******** Spo but can we get Whiteside in here?

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Spo left green in over Winslow. It's clear he doesn't want us to win with D.

beasted86
02-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Yes

Richardson is much better on defense

He also would shoot nearly as much

Which would be a positive for us coming from that spot

Richardson sucks way harder than Green. Waaaaaay harder. I'm honestly surprised they guaranteed his contract for the rest of the season in January.

Anyway, those two 3s by Paul we're back breakers.

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:28 PM

For me, hell no.

Honestly does it matter? Green doesn't do anything nobody else can't do.

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:29 PM
I swear Spo probably draws up the most turnovers out of timeouts.

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 05:30 PM
This is in Spo , Wade and bosh

Wade and bosh were terrible

Spo left green in over Winslow and left Whiteside out why bosh watched Jordan dunk on him twice in critical moments

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:33 PM
This is in Spo , Wade and bosh

Wade and bosh were terrible

Spo left green in over Winslow and left Whiteside out why bosh watched Jordan dunk on him twice in critical moments

Come on man. Whiteside would not have affected anything here. But he doesn't play crunch time because the Heat are probably already accepting he won't be part of their long term goals.

beasted86
02-07-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure what's going on with these slow starts from Wade and Bosh past couple games.

Defense has been mostly solid but offense is still not there months into the season. I'm not sure what moves they can make before the deadline with Arison so concerned with luxury tax.

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure what's going on with these slow starts from Wade and Bosh past couple games.

Defense has been mostly solid but offense is still not there months into the season. I'm not sure what moves they can make before the deadline with Arison so concerned with luxury tax.

Maybe he should sell the team. It's annoying to see him on a different yacht in a different part of the world every week but then complain about his basketball team. Just sell the team and go enjoy life of you are so worried.

beasted86
02-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Winslow was 0/5 from the field. Clippers were sagging off him hard the whole game. His first shot hit the side of the backboard.

I can understand why he left Green in the game even if he's not anywhere near as good as Winslow on defense.

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Winslow was 0/5 from the field. Clippers were sagging off him hard the whole game. His first shot hit the side of the backboard.

I can understand why he left Green in the game even if he's not anywhere near as good as Winslow on defense.

Winslow missed jumpers. Green missed a freaking dunk. You pride yourself as being a defensive team and you don't want to close it out with defensive stops.

Mr. Baller
02-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Spo ****ed up not hacking DeAndre more. Other then that rotation down the stretch was fine. He didn't DeAndre chilling in the paint on defense so thats why Hassan sat

beasted86
02-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Winslow missed jumpers. Green missed a freaking dunk. You pride yourself as being a defensive team and you don't want to close it out with defensive stops.

They also cut the lead down to 3 with Green in the game.

It's flawed to scrutinize every decision when we lose and have nothing to say when we win.

End of the day we didn't lose because of Green. We lost because Wade and Bosh had off nights and they let Stevenson carry them through the first half when they could have kept the lead.

Slug3
02-07-2016, 05:49 PM
They also cut the lead down to 3 with Green in the game.

It's flawed to scrutinize every decision when we lose and have nothing to say when we win.

End of the day we didn't lose because of Green. We lost because Wade and Bosh had off nights and they let Stevenson carry them through the first half when they could have kept the lead.

I'm just upset because Winslow is going to be a big piece for this team in the future and should be learning the hard way and finishing games over green unless green is hot. But he hasn't been for awhile and doesn't play any D.

beasted86
02-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Spo ****ed up not hacking DeAndre more. Other then that rotation down the stretch was fine. He didn't DeAndre chilling in the paint on defense so thats why Hassan sat

They weren't over the limit. Are you saying they should have fouled twice to get over the limit?

Then what happens if they just take Jordan out with 7+ minutes left and you have Reddick, Crawford and Paul dropping 90% FTs on your head to close the game?

It's really a no win.

beasted86
02-07-2016, 05:54 PM
I'm just upset because Winslow is going to be a big piece for this team in the future and should be learning the hard way and finishing games over green unless green is hot. But he hasn't been for awhile and doesn't play any D.

You can't win a game from behind with Wade and Bosh already having rough games shooting the ball and leave a terrible shooter who is already 0/5 in the game.

At least Whiteside draws double teams and can get offensive boards. Winslow at times is a complete zero on offense if the other team is playing good defense.

All-In
02-07-2016, 05:57 PM

A trade that intrigues me is McRoberts for Mike Scott, Lamar Patterson (I think you've mentioned this in the past)...we save money on the deal and get a 3-and-D Big, of course its contingent on Atlanta but any deal with McRoberts is going to be on the other team.......Whiteside, Green for Gorgui Dieng or Whiteside, Udrih for Marcus Smart are other possible trade ideas I like but again, its on the other team if they want to pull the trigger

I hate our offense so very much....but our defense is solid (with or without Whiteside) Trading either McRoberts or Whiteside for offensive help should be our priority

PS Im still on "Josh McRoberts Island" but if we're not going to play him then hes useless to us

beasted86
02-07-2016, 06:08 PM
A trade that intrigues me is McRoberts for Mike Scott, Lamar Patterson (I think you've mentioned this in the past)...we save money on the deal and get a 3-and-D Big, of course its contingent on Atlanta but any deal with McRoberts is going to be on the other team.......Whiteside, Green for Gorgui Dieng or Whiteside, Udrih for Marcus Smart are other possible trade ideas I like but again, its on the other team if they want to pull the trigger

I hate our offense so very much....but our defense is solid (with or without Whiteside) Trading either McRoberts or Whiteside for offensive help should be our priority

PS Im still on "Josh McRoberts Island" but if we're not going to play him then hes useless to us

I'd rather just keep Whiteside and hope I can sign him at a decent amount rather than get Dieng or Smart. Those guys' games are so incomplete and inconsistent.

Mike Scott is very solid and the ideal versatile combo forward, but I don't know why Atlanta would do that deal. I'd be open to Scott, Teletovic or Nicholson as stretch 4s I'd try and deal for.

All-In
02-07-2016, 06:18 PM
I'd rather just keep Whiteside and hope I can sign him at a decent amount rather than get Dieng or Smart. Those guys' games are so incomplete and inconsistent.

Mike Scott is very solid and the ideal versatile combo forward, but I don't know why Atlanta would do that deal. I'd be open to Scott, Teletovic or Nicholson as stretch 4s I'd try and deal for.

But do you think Whiteside is going to resign at a discount? Someone will offer him max money this off-season so just hoping he resigns at a decent amount is wishful thinking, in my opinion....plus I really like both players.....Smart more than Dieng.....Smart is growing as a shooter, can defend multiple positions and can be a great backup PG, which we need, plus hes also 21 years old in his second year in the league so of course hes incomplete and inconsistent but so is Whiteside, the difference is I rather bet on Smarts ability to grow as a player at 21 than Whiteside at 26

beasted86
02-07-2016, 06:39 PM
But do you think Whiteside is going to resign at a discount? Someone will offer him max money this off-season so just hoping he resigns at a decent amount is wishful thinking, in my opinion....plus I really like both players.....Smart more than Dieng.....Smart is growing as a shooter, can defend multiple positions and can be a great backup PG, which we need, plus hes also 21 years old in his second year in the league so of course hes incomplete and inconsistent but so is Whiteside, the difference is I rather bet on Smarts ability to grow as a player at 21 than Whiteside at 26

At some point you have to realize you're talking about a player who has shot about 36% for 2 seasons straight.

I'm not sure how much growth he's had as a shooter when he's actually worse than he was last year FG% and 3PT%.

I'm not interested in more players who can't shoot. Not Smart, not Dieng, not Rondo, not Rubio, etc. I hope fans will figure it out soon that we need guys who can shoot.

archdevil84
02-07-2016, 07:07 PM
riley should trade for mike miller. i dont care if he's old

hotdalton18
02-07-2016, 07:22 PM
If Whiteside won't be playing when he should be then trade him for something Spo will use

All-In
02-07-2016, 07:54 PM
At some point you have to realize you're talking about a player who has shot about 36% for 2 seasons straight.

I'm not sure how much growth he's had as a shooter when he's actually worse than he was last year FG% and 3PT%.

I'm not interested in more players who can't shoot. Not Smart, not Dieng, not Rondo, not Rubio, etc. I hope fans will figure it out soon that we need guys who can shoot.

So you just look at a couple of numbers on a website and that determines everything? Our conversation wasn't about players who can shoot, it was about what are we going to do with Whiteside and if its better to trade him at the deadline or hope hes signs at a discount this summer, I fully understand our teams needs, thats why in my previous post I stated that I wanted Mike Scott, a shooter, Ive said countless times we should've signed Omri Casspi or Gary Neal last summer, shooters, Ive also mentioned CJ McCollum a number of times, shooter....Obviously, you dont like Marcus Smart, thats ok, we just disagree, but dont isolate my comment into me not understanding our teams needs

And I watch a lot of Boston, Smart is growing as a shooter, shooting 43% from 3 over the past 9 games on 5.1 attempts per game, but please dont just look at the numbers, his shot is more fluid and balanced than it was last year, hes catching it in rhythm and exploding up on the catch, his confidence is growing, and the mere fact hes shooting over 4 attempts per game pulls defenders towards him, creating more space with his gravity...he can handle, defend 1-4, rebound and be our backup PG which is a huge need....and for some weird reason, players on Boston who've played at least 850 minutes, Smart has the best efficiency at +6.2

If I had to choose between paying Whiteside max, Whiteside walking or getting Smart back for Whiteside its not even a discussion for me....this had nothing to do with shooting

SteBO
02-07-2016, 09:50 PM

Honestly, I think our offensive issues can all be traced back to a lack of shooting. The scouting report is out on us.....pack the paint and force them into taking perimeter shots. The only way we can consistently score inside at this point is by pushing the pace, and for the most part it's been alright, not great my any means but a lot better than before our previous 5-game road trip. But until we get 3pt shooting in here, we're going to continue to have this discussion. It's the fatal flaw of this team. Arison concerned with the luxury tax doesn't help us this year either, considering the better shooters are gonna come at a price. I don't think there are much available anyhow....

Mr. Baller
02-08-2016, 09:48 AM
They weren't over the limit. Are you saying they should have fouled twice to get over the limit?

Then what happens if they just take Jordan out with 7+ minutes left and you have Reddick, Crawford and Paul dropping 90% FTs on your head to close the game?

It's really a no win.

With 4 minutes left down 3 they should've started.

beasted86
02-08-2016, 10:37 AM
So you just look at a couple of numbers on a website and that determines everything? Our conversation wasn't about players who can shoot, it was about what are we going to do with Whiteside and if its better to trade him at the deadline or hope hes signs at a discount this summer, I fully understand our teams needs, thats why in my previous post I stated that I wanted Mike Scott, a shooter, Ive said countless times we should've signed Omri Casspi or Gary Neal last summer, shooters, Ive also mentioned CJ McCollum a number of times, shooter....Obviously, you dont like Marcus Smart, thats ok, we just disagree, but dont isolate my comment into me not understanding our teams needs

And I watch a lot of Boston, Smart is growing as a shooter, shooting 43% from 3 over the past 9 games on 5.1 attempts per game, but please dont just look at the numbers, his shot is more fluid and balanced than it was last year, hes catching it in rhythm and exploding up on the catch, his confidence is growing, and the mere fact hes shooting over 4 attempts per game pulls defenders towards him, creating more space with his gravity...he can handle, defend 1-4, rebound and be our backup PG which is a huge need....and for some weird reason, players on Boston who've played at least 850 minutes, Smart has the best efficiency at +6.2

If I had to choose between paying Whiteside max, Whiteside walking or getting Smart back for Whiteside its not even a discussion for me....this had nothing to do with shooting

Sorry, all of what you are saying makes no sense to me. A guy has to consistently bad to average 35.9% FG, 27.8% 3PT. Does 9 out of the total 98 games override his horrible shooting over this 1.5 year start to his career?

By that logic, Whiteside has shown more team defensive effort over the last couple games. He's also a growing defender with not a lot more career games in the NBA. Why not use that logic to assume he will grow into a max player, just as you assume Smart will grow into a useful shooter?

Next, it's really terrible value to exchange our starting Center for a backup PG. No, just no. Smart has like one standout skill in the NBA... defense. He's not a standout scorer, play maker, shooter, nor athlete. Whiteside is a standout finisher at the rim, rebounder, shot blocker and athlete. Smart is too incomplete, and I'm not buying into your apparent 'any value is better than no value' fearful approach you have as it comes to possibly losing Whiteside or keeping and overpaying him.

And finally, just as an overall sense, we have Dragić and Bosh locked in long term. We have Winslow locked in for the foreseeable future. The rest of the team is up in the air and anything can happen next summer, up to and including both Wade and Whiteside leaving. I'm looking for guys to build around long and intermediate term. I just don't see Smart nor Dieng as rebuild/reload pieces. In planning for every possibility, we need shooters, whether it's long term to pair next to Winslow who is a weak shooter, or intermediate to be a role player with Bosh, Dragić and the end of Wades career.

beasted86
02-08-2016, 11:22 AM
With 4 minutes left down 3 they should've started.

Maybe, but it's an unusual tactic to go away from what's gotten you back in the game and immediately switch strategies on a whim.

So I'm not holding it against Spo. Like he said in the post game interview, maybe he should have but felt they had the momentum, and I agree with the mindset and I'm not scrutinizing every detail.

Mr. Baller
02-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Maybe, but it's an unusual tactic to go away from what's gotten you back in the game and immediately switch strategies on a whim.

So I'm not holding it against Spo. Like he said in the post game interview, maybe he should have but felt they had the momentum, and I agree with the mindset and I'm not scrutinizing every detail.

You know I rarely criticize Spo, just felt with DeAndre 3-14 that it would be a smart decision.

beasted86
02-08-2016, 03:09 PM
You know I rarely criticize Spo, just felt with DeAndre 3-14 that it would be a smart decision.

Trust me, I was thinking the same thing but we weren't over the limit. I think he was thinking it could have backfired just as well and broke what little offensive momentum we were gaining at the time to purposely foul and slow things down.

If we were already over the limit its a whole different story.

All-In
02-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Sorry, all of what you are saying makes no sense to me. A guy has to consistently bad to average 35.9% FG, 27.8% 3PT. Does 9 out of the total 98 games override his horrible shooting over this 1.5 year start to his career?

By that logic, Whiteside has shown more team defensive effort over the last couple games. He's also a growing defender with not a lot more career games in the NBA. Why not use that logic to assume he will grow into a max player, just as you assume Smart will grow into a useful shooter?

Next, it's really terrible value to exchange our starting Center for a backup PG. No, just no. Smart has like one standout skill in the NBA... defense. He's not a standout scorer, play maker, shooter, nor athlete. Whiteside is a standout finisher at the rim, rebounder, shot blocker and athlete. Smart is too incomplete, and I'm not buying into your apparent 'any value is better than no value' fearful approach you have as it comes to possibly losing Whiteside or keeping and overpaying him.

And finally, just as an overall sense, we have Dragić and Bosh locked in long term. We have Winslow locked in for the foreseeable future. The rest of the team is up in the air and anything can happen next summer, up to and including both Wade and Whiteside leaving. I'm looking for guys to build around long and intermediate term. I just don't see Smart nor Dieng as rebuild/reload pieces. In planning for every possibility, we need shooters, whether it's long term to pair next to Winslow who is a weak shooter, or intermediate to be a role player with Bosh, Dragić and the end of Wades career.

Of course what Im saying doesn't make any sense to you.....What Im doing is trying to break down film and decipher fundamentals....you're just looking at ridiculous small sample size stats, Smart has only played a year and a quarter, thats not anything when it comes to defining a players shot...My 9 game sample is just stating basic improvement but my film breakdown overrides that....sorry if you dont understand pretty simple basketball lingo

The game has evolved into a stage where paint clogging Centers like Whiteside serve no purpose.....Its all about no middle defense, using the sideline as your 6th defender and baseline as your 7th defender meaning driving lanes are at a premium and players like Whiteside clog driving lanes, forcing stagnate basketball play, theres a reason why when hes on the court we are WORSE offensively....he cant set a pick if his life depended on it and he only cares about getting his.....I dont want that type of player on my team......Smart understands team concept, ball movement, player movement, gravity, basic NBA fundamentals that dont show up in the box score.....So yes I much rather have team-first players over me-me players....There is no fear just common sense, paying Whiteside max is a horrible decision and getting back a blue-chiper instead of letting him walk is simple economics ....I personally dont think you can win a title with Whiteside as your starting center but I do think you can win a title with Smart as your backup PG, if you dont see value in that then you dont understand the modern NBA

Smart is a multi-positional skilled player, the value of that is very evident, so yes hes labeled a backup PG, but that doesn't mean he cant play 30-35 minutes a game and be on the court when the games ends.....If you honestly think Smart is a one skill player then you clearly dont watch him play.....What Im trying to do is find as many multi-positional, skilled, shooters and defenders as possible and not "just shooters" If you want a team full of Gary Neals then good luck with that.

And oh I just found this article, apparently other people who break down game tape agree with me
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4721893/since-snow-day-marcus-smart-is-melting-the-3-point-line

SteBO
02-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Of course what Im saying doesn't make any sense to you.....What Im doing is trying to break down film and decipher fundamentals....you're just looking at ridiculous small sample size stats, Smart has only played a year and a quarter, thats not anything when it comes to defining a players shot...My 9 game sample is just stating basic improvement but my film breakdown overrides that....sorry if you dont understand pretty simple basketball lingo

The game has evolved into a stage where paint clogging Centers like Whiteside serve no purpose.....Its all about no middle defense, using the sideline as your 6th defender and baseline as your 7th defender meaning driving lanes are at a premium and players like Whiteside clog driving lanes, forcing stagnate basketball play, theres a reason why when hes on the court we are WORSE offensively....he cant set a pick if his life depended on it and he only cares about getting his.....I dont want that type of player on my team......Smart understands team concept, ball movement, player movement, gravity, basic NBA fundamentals that dont show up in the box score.....So yes I much rather have team-first players over me-me players....There is no fear just common sense, paying Whiteside max is a horrible decision and getting back a blue-chiper instead of letting him walk.....well you think hes going to resign with us for 14 million.....HA!

Smart is a multi-positional player, the value of that is very evident, so yes hes a backup PG, but that doesn't mean he cant play 30 minutes a game and be on the court when the games ends.....If you honestly think Smart is a one skill player then you clearly dont watch him play.....What Im trying to do is find as many multi-positional, skilled, shooters and defenders as possible and not "just shooters" If you want a team full of Gary Neals then good luck with that.

And oh I just found this article, apparently other people who break down game tape agree with me
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4721893/since-snow-day-marcus-smart-is-melting-the-3-point-line
But what is the film breakdown proving in terms of Miami improving? Marcus Smart is no slouch, I agree but that 9 game sample of his 3pt shooting does nothing for the Heat long term as of now. If we see him consistently keep this up for the rest of the season and beyond, then that's a different story perhaps. But now? No. The aim of the game is try to get as much value as possible, and given what Whiteside's proven compared to Smart, I don't think it's close as beasted86 stated. When he says that Smart has one standout skill (defense), he means that defense is clearly his greatest asset. And by greatest, he means by a significantly large margin. He's not a knock-down 3pt shooter yet. And those other things you mentioned is something nearly every player possesses. Hell, we already have a guy who's great at them (Justice). We need proven shooters, plain and simple.

All-In
02-08-2016, 10:21 PM
But what is the film breakdown proving in terms of Miami improving? Marcus Smart is no slouch, I agree but that 9 game sample of his 3pt shooting does nothing for the Heat long term as of now. If we see him consistently keep this up for the rest of the season and beyond, then that's a different story perhaps. But now? No. The aim of the game is try to get as much value as possible, and given what Whiteside's proven compared to Smart, I don't think it's close as beasted86 stated. When he says that Smart has one standout skill (defense), he means that defense is clearly his greatest asset. And by greatest, he means by a significantly large margin. He's not a knock-down 3pt shooter yet. And those other things you mentioned is something nearly every player possesses. Hell, we already have a guy who's great at them (Justice). We need proven shooters, plain and simple.

Smart is a better shooter than Whiteside, so by all accounts we improve our shooting....and the number one player I want back for Whiteside is CJ McCollum so please dont get me and Beasted's argument twisted......I just want any type of value back for Whiteside, so if its not McCollum then theres nothing wrong with Smart.....I just dont want to pay Whiteside max and wantt to move him for some type of solid value.....shooting has nothing to do with it.....Its all about value

All-In
02-08-2016, 10:55 PM

I obviously value Smart higher than most of you and most of you overrate Whitesides value....In my opinion you cant have enough multi-positional skilled defenders...It allows you to switch on "on-ball" and "off-ball" picks more fluid aka GSW, and the mere fact he shoots 4 three-point attempts per game drags defenders out of the paint with his gravity, he also plays at a fast pace, handles the ball and moves without the ball well...I mean, I hope you guys do know we can get shooters via Free Agency, correct? Im just trying to get value back for Whiteside....so if its not CJ McCollum maybe its Eric Gordon if its not Eric Gordon maybe its Ryan Anderson if its not him maybe its Marcus Smart if its not him maybe its Dieng if its not him maybe its Jordan Clarkson and a couple of 1sts

P.S. I was the one wanted to use our tax payer exception last summer on Omri Casspi, Alan Anderson or Gary Neal because I didn't care how much tax Arison had to pay, shooting was my number one priority....so please everyone stop telling me, "We need Shooters" It annoys the living crap out of me

beasted86
02-08-2016, 11:39 PM
I don't overrate Whiteside at all. I'm a big critic of his play and I'm concerned as well of how he will negotiate in the off-season. It actually says more if I'm defending him.

Smart is a more rounded player, but like I said still only has one standout skill that ranks him above other players at his position. I felt he would be a better version of Payton, but instead I've been disappointed with his impact. Whiteside has 4 standout attributes. Whiteside is a bigger impact player for the foreseeable future. I'm not sure how that can possibly be argued against at all.

If we have Wade, Dragić and Johnson, you think Smart is getting 30-35 minutes?

Anyway, let's just leave it at we don't see eye to eye on Whiteside's value.

Mr. Baller
02-09-2016, 12:16 AM
Was messing with trade machine so thoughts:

Whiteside
Deng
Wingslow
Birdman

for

Boogie
Casspi
Caron

beasted86
02-09-2016, 12:49 AM
IDK man. Way too big of a hit to our defense.

Would have to be a long term type move where we realize we might be a lottery team again come summer and possibly giving a 11-14 pick to Philly or whoever owns our pick this year.

Green cannot be our go to defender and negative offense Richardson behind him as the supposed stoppers. We gotta keep Deng or Winslow, either or. Dragić, Wade, Casspi, Bosh, Cousins would be our worse defensive team possibly ever.

I'd do Whiteside, Winslow, Andersen, McRoberts and a 2nd for Cousins straight and be totally happy with that. Get Wright or another buyout guy to fill the backup wing spot.

beasted86
02-09-2016, 12:54 AM
But honestly speaking, I don't see why the Kings would give up a franchise star for either package. I know it's just an idea though.

SteBO
02-09-2016, 08:08 AM
Unless we're talking about the possibility of a KD, Winslow shouldn't be involved with any trades. This league rewards you for hitting it in the draft.

Mr. Baller
02-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Yeah thats why its tough making a deal with the Kings, they have some of the worst defense i've ever seen. Just wanted Casspi because he has been killing it this year offensively.

I still haven't figured out Spo put together an elite defense with this roster.

All-In
02-09-2016, 10:45 AM
I don't overrate Whiteside at all. I'm a big critic of his play and I'm concerned as well of how he will negotiate in the off-season. It actually says more if I'm defending him.

Smart is a more rounded player, but like I said still only has one standout skill that ranks him above other players at his position. I felt he would be a better version of Payton, but instead I've been disappointed with his impact. Whiteside has 4 standout attributes. Whiteside is a bigger impact player for the foreseeable future. I'm not sure how that can possibly be argued against at all.

If we have Wade, Dragić and Johnson, you think Smart is getting 30-35 minutes?

Anyway, let's just leave it at we don't see eye to eye on Whiteside's value.

I guess the bottom line for me is, Whiteside has played a total of 1245 minutes this year and Smart 869 minutes.....Out of those possible minutes, Whiteside has played in the 4th qtr for 192 minutes and Smart 256......Whiteside doesn't play 4th qtrs for a reason and thus losing a tremendous amount of impact compared to Smart who is trusted to play 8 minutes per 4th qtr by Brad Stevens and Whitesides average per 4th qtr is 5.8 minutes......I guess I just trust Smart more than Whiteside

So, lets agree to disagree about Whiteside V. Smart.....we got a HUGE game coming up versus the Spurs, lets get a W!

archdevil84
02-09-2016, 04:16 PM
i saw on twitter that the cavs were interested in kyle korver, if he is available for trading riley should go after him asap. offer like green/winslow and mcinjured + birdman or whatever for kyle korver + some thrash fillers

All-In
02-09-2016, 08:52 PM
i saw on twitter that the cavs were interested in kyle korver, if he is available for trading riley should go after him asap. offer like green/winslow and mcinjured + birdman or whatever for kyle korver + some thrash fillers

I wouldn't offer Winslow, Korver is 34.....I did see that they are looking for a Big because Splitter could miss the season with a bad hip.....McRoberts for Korver straight up works......Korver, Mike Scott for McRoberts, Udrih and Green works as well, I wonder how desperate Atlanta is......If we can somehow get Korver I might crap my pants, as long as Korver doesn't go to Cleveland

SportsFanatic10
02-09-2016, 09:36 PM
I want Kover really bad, but I don't think the Hawks are very desperate. I think they're just looking to stay competitive while maybe getting a little younger of a main core together. I think Teague is the main piece they are looking to trade since Schroder is waiting in the wings, but I don't see the other players rumored (Horford and Korver) being moved unless it was a good deal for them. I don't think we can pry him loose without winslow or whiteside as part of the trade, which I'd object to. If Riley could pull a McRoberts for Korver trade that would be amazing though lol!

SportsFanatic10
02-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Spoelstra doesn't do a good enough job of staggering Dragic and Wade's minutes. One of them should always be on the floor imo to help prevent these offensive droughts with the bench.

SportsFanatic10
02-09-2016, 09:44 PM
The Spurs were ice cold from the field in the opening quarter, it would of been nice to see us have a larger lead. We're gonna need it because eventually they'll get it going and we'll need every point. That Deng point blank miss off the Wade dish was terrible smh.

SportsFanatic10
02-09-2016, 09:54 PM
I really don't like how we're retiring Shaq's number...Not deserving and was an *** on his way out the door.

SportsFanatic10
02-09-2016, 10:35 PM
Wade 7/7 going against the best defender in the league!

Slug3
02-09-2016, 10:52 PM
Just looked it up and we are the 8th worst FT % team. That doesn't surprise me. What does is we are at like 74%. I thought we would be worse with how we seem to always go 1 for 2.

Slug3
02-09-2016, 10:54 PM
I really don't like how we're retiring Shaq's number...Not deserving and was an *** on his way out the door.

Without Shaq (and a lot others) we probably wouldn't of gotten that first chip. He's deserving, especially for a somewhat young franchise.

SportsFanatic10
02-09-2016, 10:59 PM
Without Shaq (and a lot others) we probably wouldn't of gotten that first chip. He's deserving, especially for a somewhat young franchise.

Disagreed, Shaq wasn't here long enough and with the way he burned his bridges on the way out the door shouldn't be up there.

SportsFanatic10
02-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Green finally made a couple shots at least

Slug3
02-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Disagreed, Shaq wasn't here long enough and with the way he burned his bridges on the way out the door shouldn't be up there.

So I assume we then don't retire lebrons number correct?

SportsFanatic10
02-09-2016, 11:10 PM
So I assume we then don't retire lebrons number correct?

Well Lebron wasn't around long enough either under normal circumstances you just can't reasonably compare the 2. Lebron was the main guy for 2 championships and 4 finals appearances, Shaq's contributions pale bigtime in comparion during his time here. Believe me, I wouldn't mind not having Lebron's number up there either with the way he did us on his way out as well, but at least he never ran his mouth or anything, and he just left as a free agent (albeit not in the most professional of ways but still much less offensive then Shaq).

SportsFanatic10
02-09-2016, 11:16 PM
well this one's over, team looks ready to just pack it in and start relaxing for the allstar break right now smh.

Mr. Baller
02-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Whiteside is lowering his value by the day.

Slug3
02-09-2016, 11:23 PM
We need to either trade Dragic or get a system in place for him. The way we ask him to play is useless.

ATX
02-09-2016, 11:35 PM
Wade, Bosh, & Mourning are the only #'s to hang in the rafters imo. Of course James and O'Neil as well had they played longer. If O'Neil's is going up though, then James' will as well.

SportsFanatic10
02-09-2016, 11:57 PM
Wade, Bosh, & Mourning are the only #'s to hang in the rafters imo. Of course James and O'Neil as well had they played longer. If O'Neil's is going up though, then James' will as well.

Ya James will for sure...After all we even retired Jordan's number when he never even played for us lol. I wish it was a more meaningful achievement, but it's kinda been cheapened now.

Slug3
02-09-2016, 11:57 PM

I don't know if it will happen. But if Pat is still around then UD might even get his number retired.

SportsFanatic10
02-09-2016, 11:59 PM
I don't know if it will happen. But if Pat is still around then UD might even get his number retired.

I agree on that, I think they will put him up there as well. I'd just like to see the bar be set higher is all.

Slug3
02-10-2016, 12:05 AM
I agree on that, I think they will put him up there as well. I'd just like to see the bar be set higher is all.

We are a 26 year franchise I think it is? We are still kind of a young franchise, we don't really have much of a history. Really the 3 great eras are Timmy/zo, Wade (with some Shaq) and the big 3 era.

SportsFanatic10
02-10-2016, 12:16 AM
We are a 26 year franchise I think it is? We are still kind of a young franchise, we don't really have much of a history. Really the 3 great eras are Timmy/zo, Wade (with some Shaq) and the big 3 era.

True, I just don't see the need to be racing to get more jersey's up there tho. It should be a very high honor reserved for a select few setting a high bar. Shaq will always be best remembered as a Laker and that's where his number should hang, not in Miami too. But whatever, it's just my opinion.

Dade County
02-10-2016, 02:21 AM
lets just hope this madness ends just before the trade dealing hits.

Pat Riley got this.

SteBO
02-10-2016, 08:26 AM
The HEAT sent Hassan home before the media arrived....

archdevil84
02-10-2016, 08:36 AM
looks like it was another lackluster performance? we started out strong but then decicded to no longer play defense?

HandsOnTheWheel
02-10-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm done with Whiteside. Trade him for a decent shooter and I'll be satisfied. Guy is the definition of a dumb ****.

All-In
02-10-2016, 02:35 PM
The more I watch Nikola Jokic play the more I want him in our offensive system, if our starting bigs were Bosh/Jokic we would have the best shooting frontcourt in the game, and since no one else can shoot, that be a huge help to open up driving lanes for Wade/Dragic

Jokic as such a soft touch around the rim and a pretty shooting stroke, he actually has a handle too, he can rebound the ball, take it in transition himself and lead a break....Hes a good FT shooter, solid rebounder, and surprises me on defense, but still needs to learn game speed

Whiteside for Jokic straight up works....Jokic is 20 and on a 4yr deal at 1.3 million....Jokic still as a lot of work to do to be more fundamentally sound, but boy oh boy, if he were in our offensive sets, he'd have wide open three's for days

CHANGO
02-10-2016, 07:24 PM
I'm done with Whiteside. Trade him for a decent shooter and I'll be satisfied. Guy is the definition of a dumb ****.

Me too. Yesterday was just bad, he is a head case, sometimes he wasn't even trying. Played frustrated the whole ****ing game and commiting stupid errors. Whitesanity is over.

beasted86
02-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Me too. Yesterday was just bad, he is a head case, sometimes he wasn't even trying. Played frustrated the whole ****ing game and commiting stupid errors. Whitesanity is over.

He was getting cooked by the 3 veterans Aldridge, West and Diaw. All 3 can post, pass, and knock down long jumpers. Even that tall Center who eventually got him ejected hit him up with a couple hooks and up and unders.

He's got a long way to go as it comes to one on one defense and overall maturity.

SteBO
02-11-2016, 08:27 PM
He's got a long way to go, and Miami ain't got the patience to see that long way through, especially in a contract year for him. The fact Miami just sent him home after the game is telling enough.....

beasted86
02-11-2016, 09:14 PM
He's got a long way to go, and Miami ain't got the patience to see that long way through, especially in a contract year for him. The fact Miami just sent him home after the game is telling enough.....

He's been suspended by the league for an additional game anyway.

CHANGO
02-11-2016, 10:49 PM
He was getting cooked by the 3 veterans Aldridge, West and Diaw. All 3 can post, pass, and knock down long jumpers. Even that tall Center who eventually got him ejected hit him up with a couple hooks and up and unders.

He's got a long way to go as it comes to one on one defense and overall maturity.

This is the important thing, he hasn't show that yet. I was high on him in the beginning of the season with the rumors of him maturing and listening but this last month has been horrible for him. He's clearly frustrated with Spo sitting him on 4th quarters and now with STAT starting over him and he can't take it.

As SteBo says, there's no time on this team to waste waiting for him to mature.

Mr. Baller
02-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Bosh out of all star game with strained calf

lavilevi23
02-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Bosh is getting traded!!!
Jk byt I hope its nothing serious....

beasted86
02-14-2016, 09:52 AM
Man would that be something if Bosh had another blood clot in his leg.

We're too deep in to tank at 29 wins. No chance of us finishing in the bottom 10. We'd be in total purgatory.