PDA

View Full Version : Blake and Nuggets ?

Stunner
02-05-2016, 03:10 PM
The Clippers and Nuggets have discussed a trade that sends Blake Griffin to Denver. (via @Mitch_Lawrence)

Quinnsanity
02-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Not sure what they'd possibly give up. Boston, Phoenix, Philly, so many teams could out offer them.

tredigs
02-05-2016, 03:26 PM
"via Mitch Lawrence per NBA sources". Literally the only person I have any amount of faith in with regards to trade talks (especially if they are not involved in following said organization) is Woj. An anonymous "NBA sources" tweet from some guy with 1,000 followers has no meaning.

Scoots
02-05-2016, 03:30 PM
"via Mitch Lawrence per NBA sources". Literally the only person I have any amount of faith in with regards to trade talks (especially if they are not involved in following said organization) is Woj. An anonymous "NBA sources" tweet from some guy with 1,000 followers has no meaning.

The guys at ESPN said the same thing :)

Stunner
02-05-2016, 03:31 PM

Well reports are that if the clippers come up short again this year they're thinking about blowing it up and Griffin will be the first on the block. Also a rumor clippers could want to do a Blake for Durant deal in the off season if able . Denver prob did call LA about a deal to gauge where they're at and prob try again if think go bad in LA this off season .

So tech the report isn't a lie because a discussion about a trade did happen which LA most likely declined

Scoots
02-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Well reports are that if the clippers come up short again this year they're thinking about blowing it up and Griffin will be the first on the block. Also a rumor clippers could want to do a Blake for Durant deal in the off season if able . Denver prob did call LA about a deal to gauge where they're at and prob try again if think go bad in LA this off season .

So tech the report isn't a lie because a discussion about a trade did happen which LA most likely declined

He didn't say it was a lie. The other trade speculation was mostly this offseason, and the Nuggets rumor implied a mid-season deal. The two are very different.

Wade n Fade
02-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Not sure what they'd possibly give up. Boston, Phoenix, Philly, so many teams could out offer them.

It's not just about quantity. It is about quality fits. If Doc Rivers feels that Kenneth Faried is a good fit with the Clips starting 5, he will make a move centered around Faried. Faried is a nice PF that doesn't demand the ball like Blake. The Clips keep their athleticism at the 4 while becoming a more balanced team.

Mudvayne91
02-05-2016, 03:41 PM

There's a fair amount of young talent, especially with their bigs. Their oldest starter is Gallo at 27. Also have a lot of picks, more than they can really do with unless they trade some. I'm not sure about any truth to the rumors, but I do think there's more value than you might be leading on.

tredigs
02-05-2016, 03:44 PM

I'm not saying he's lying (though he very well could be and has nobody to hold him accountable), I'm just saying some random writer of the NBA making a non specific comment (doesn't even say who made the call, what players were discussed and which side was interested) citing anonymous sources holds no water.

Wade n Fade
02-05-2016, 03:54 PM
I'm not saying he's lying (though he very well could be and has nobody to hold him accountable), I'm just saying some random writer of the NBA making a non specific comment (doesn't even say who made the call, what players were discussed and which side was interested) citing anonymous sources holds no water.

A lot of media sites are reporting Griffin Nuggets talks. Forbes, Bleacher Report (the Chris Broussard of media reporting), etc. Just type it in on google and you'll see Forbes at the top lol.

Stunner
02-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Add Philly lmao

The Clippers and 76ers have discussed a Blake Griffin trade...(via @AmicoHoops)

Aust
02-05-2016, 04:01 PM
I'd like to see a bunch of team's offers get leaked and compare them all.

If he hadn't gotten into that fight, would he be in trade discussions now?

tredigs
02-05-2016, 04:05 PM
A lot of media sites are reporting Griffin Nuggets talks. Forbes, Bleacher Report (the Chris Broussard of media reporting), etc. Just type it in on google and you'll see Forbes at the top lol.

That's Mitch Lawrence dude. He writes for Forbes haha. At least in his new article he's expanded on the tweet to say, "The Clippers called the Nuggets, and now the Nuggets will see if they have a package they'd be interested in sending".

I just kind of miss the days of having actual concrete reporting where potential trades are real and at least in back/forth discussions before everyone goes crazy talking about them.

Stunner
02-05-2016, 04:08 PM
I'd like to see a bunch of team's offers get leaked and compare them all.

If he hadn't gotten into that fight, would he be in trade discussions now?

Nope but they would have happen in the off season if they didn't improve off last season . That roster is pretty much hit its ceiling

Stunner
02-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Both Sixers and Nuggets have had discussions with Clippers about Blake Griffin, per league sources. @sn_nba earlier reported Nuggets talks.

https://twitter.com/amicohoops/status/695696145708937216

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Even if legit. Curious what Nuggets have to send back. Faried and Gallo? Trade gets bigger and Clippers add Lance or Crawford to get it going larger or third team as well?

Stunner
02-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Griffin / Lance / Rivers for Faried / Gallo / Gary Harris and a future pick maybe

tredigs
02-05-2016, 04:16 PM
^GM Rivers ain't trading his baby boy.

Stunner
02-05-2016, 04:20 PM
^GM Rivers ain't trading his baby boy.

Hell he might not even get a new contract

Stunner
02-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Report: Clippers quickly rebuffed interest after Nuggets called about Blake Griffin

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/695702474313707520

Mudvayne91
02-05-2016, 04:24 PM
I'd have to assume Faried would be in automatically. There's a log jam with the bigs anyways. Trading Gallo would be really bad for the Nuggets though. He's their only legitimate starting scorer and replacing him with Crawford would be pretty terrible IMO. They're also pretty weak at SF depth as it is too.

I would be ok with trading Faried, Harris and pick(s). I think a Mudiay, Barton, Gallo, Griffin and Jokic/Nurkic starting lineup could potentially make for a playoff contender next year. Replacing Gallo with Crawford or Stephenson while keeping Harris makes for a worse team. If they wanted to move Gallo, they should just trade him for prospects or picks and tank. Adding Griffin wouldn't make much sense other than possibly bumping attendance temporarily.

Mudvayne91
02-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Well there ya go. I didn't think it made much sense anyways.

tredigs
02-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Report: Clippers quickly rebuffed interest after Nuggets called about Blake Griffin

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/695702474313707520

So, this is quite literally saying the EXACT opposite of what this initial guy "Mitch Lawrence" said happened (that the Clippers called the Nuggets and that the Nuggets would explore options).

You can see why I hate these unfounded/anonymous rumors from NBA nobodies.

Stunner
02-05-2016, 04:33 PM
I'd have to assume Faried would be in automatically. There's a log jam with the bigs anyways. Trading Gallo would be really bad for the Nuggets though. He's their only legitimate starting scorer and replacing him with Crawford would be pretty terrible IMO. They're also pretty weak at SF depth as it is too.

I would be ok with trading Faried, Harris and pick(s). I think a Mudiay, Barton, Gallo, Griffin and Jokic/Nurkic starting lineup could potentially make for a playoff contender next year. Replacing Gallo with Crawford or Stephenson while keeping Harris makes for a worse team. If they wanted to move Gallo, they should just trade him for prospects or picks and tank. Adding Griffin wouldn't make much sense other than possibly bumping attendance temporarily.

Well Lance and Crawford won't be on the roster next season they're expiring . So you can have cap space to go after a wing like Batum .

tp13baby
02-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Griffin / Lance / Rivers for Faried / Gallo / Gary Harris and a future pick maybe

yeah right. Gallo was a borderline allstar, Faried has way more value than Lance and Gary harris has turned into a legit D and 3 player. And picks? Boston has more to give denver for Gallo. No way denver does that deal.

Clippers called you are looking at a Faried, Nurkic/Joffrey and future picks. Gallo isn't going to be traded and the front office is pretty clear on that. If that was the case he would be in Boston already.

Stunner
02-05-2016, 04:40 PM
yeah right. Gallo was a borderline allstar, Faried has way more value than Lance and Gary harris has turned into a legit D and 3 player. And picks? Boston has more to give denver for Gallo. No way denver does that deal.

Clippers called you are looking at a Faried, Nurkic/Joffrey and future picks. Gallo isn't going to be traded and the front office is pretty clear on that. If that was the case he would be in Boston already.

Says the Nuggets called and I agree but I'm just being realistic that's the package LA prob wants even minus the pick and Harris .

Plus Boston doesn't have a talent near Griffin level who arguably when healthy is top a 10 player in the league .

2-ONE-5
02-05-2016, 04:53 PM
if only there was a team that tanked for a few years to stockpile quality assets to make a move for a player of this caliber.......

Ty22Mitchell
02-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Do it Doc!

I'd give Doc a lot of credit if he pulls the trigger on such a huge deal. I don't care what anyone says, that team as currently constituted has no shot at coming out of the west. They'd be lucky to beat OKC in 7, let alone GSW and SAS. If you're going to go down (and they will) you might as well go down swinging (assuming the owner is ok with taking on such risk; and Doc is ok with losing his job if/when it fails).

tredigs
02-05-2016, 05:25 PM
if only there was a team that tanked for a few years to stockpile quality assets to make a move for a player of this caliber.......

He's only signed through 2018-19, and will more than likely use his early termination option in that year to get a bigger payday. What would you be willing to give up for a 1 year rental of BG?

Alayla
02-05-2016, 05:26 PM

Not interested in a player of 26 years old whos game is predicated on athleticism who is primed to bolt in 2018 anyway we simply wont have time to build around him and will end up getting burned whether he stays or bolts.

5ass
02-05-2016, 05:30 PM

And what if the Clipper's aren't interested in rebuilding, and just wants to shake up the team? Who can the sixers offer that can help them immediately? Literally no one. Noel and Okafor aren't useful with Jordan there already. They could use Covington, but that's it. There are better trading partners out there.

2-ONE-5
02-05-2016, 05:42 PM
And what if the Clipper's aren't interested in rebuilding, and just wants to shake up the team? Who can the sixers offer that can help them immediately? Literally no one. Noel and Okafor aren't useful with Jordan there already. They could use Covington, but that's it. There are better trading partners out there.

could always add a team, Sixers, Nuggets, Clips could easily pull off a blockbuster. Also Grant would be a nice help to LAC too

2-ONE-5
02-05-2016, 05:45 PM
He's only signed through 2018-19, and will more than likely use his early termination option in that year to get a bigger payday. What would you be willing to give up for a 1 year rental of BG?

nothing for a rental obviously. but whose to say we cant resign him?

tredigs
02-05-2016, 05:54 PM
nothing for a rental obviously. but whose to say we cant resign him?

It's a big risk to take, to say the least. Not saying it is necessarily not one worth taking if you're Philly, but a risk none the less.

You can't say "nothing for a rental" when he's under contract. You'd be promised nothing from Blake in this trade scenario.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-05-2016, 06:03 PM
could always add a team, Sixers, Nuggets, Clips could easily pull off a blockbuster. Also Grant would be a nice help to LAC too

Depends who gets Blake though. Is 76ers there to just eat guys for second round picks or they want Blake? Don't see Nuggets helping 76ers land Blake. But I don't see 76ers offering up Embiid or Noel or Okafor if there not getting anything good either. Other wise Nuggets could of tanked and sent Gallo to Celtics for picks and young pieces. Seems odd Denver was picked of all teams. I know Denver didn't wanna re-up Faried.

They only did so cause he was a fan favorite. Also with Clippers having Jordan at center kinda messes up any trade with Denver if Gallo isn't in the deal. Then they looking at Denver's young big men Nurkic or Jurkic besides Faried? This deal is crying for a third or possibly four team deal. Unless Clippers would move Jordan in another trade. But they just signed him over all that drama of him turning his back on Dallas after the promise and what not.

But looks like this rumor was shot down. Unless was real but teams got bummed the deal was leaked. Then they tried to fake it and say it wasn't talked about.

xbrackattackx
02-05-2016, 06:04 PM
I would trade them Hibbert,Lou,Young,Sacre,Kelly and Bass for a future 2nd! (End corny joke)That depth could really help both teams. Clippers would have a dank bench. And Scott would have to play the youngins.

Chronz
02-05-2016, 07:51 PM
What a load of bs, neither side would do this imo but especially not the clips.

Not interested in a player of 26 years old whos game is predicated on athleticism who is primed to bolt in 2018 anyway we simply wont have time to build around him and will end up getting burned whether he stays or bolts.
Predicated on athleticism? Based on what? He's Basically abandoned most athletic endeavors and has remade his game into that of an outlet option. He's going to age like Malone/Chuck imo.

5ass
02-05-2016, 09:27 PM

I guess. I'd like to see some trade suggestions. What would you be willing to give up? As a Magic fan i'd give up Fournier (would be just as good as redick and can play alongside him), Harris (can replace some of Griffin's production). I think they'd be good fits and they're young. I'd also give up Vucevic in the package with him going to a third team. Honestly, i like Harris and Fournier as fits way more than Faried and Gallo. Faried is supposed to play with Jordan? Also that third team would give up a very good player for Vucevic. He's locked in for just 12mill/yr for 4 years. I'm sure the Pelicans would give up their pick for him and probably Anderson. Vucevic and Davis would be real nice.

Clippers send blake
Clippers receive Harris, Fournier, Anderson/Evans, NO 2016 pick

For the magic they get a superstar and overpay Ezeli in FA.

5ass
02-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Chronz what do you think of my package ;) lol

Aleksandar
02-05-2016, 09:52 PM
I like Denver as a part of any trade, they have plenty of good pieces to offer. Faried, Gallinari, Mudiay, centers, Harris, Barton. Don't know what's up with Wilson Chandler, injuries?

I have no idea what they are planning though. A bit surprised by their bad record, should be a candidate to sneak into playoffs right now.

Alayla
02-05-2016, 10:06 PM
It's a big risk to take, to say the least. Not saying it is necessarily not one worth taking if you're Philly, but a risk none the less.

You can't say "nothing for a rental" when he's under contract. You'd be promised nothing from Blake in this trade scenario.

most Sixers fans just getting far too hyped for this right now and not really thinking logically talking about offering crazy packages for what is effectively a rental no way Blake stays here and even if he did it would be difficult to get a team around him in time hes already 26 so we would be giving ourselfs a 4-6 year window to not only build a team around him but a team that meshes and halfway through that process he can just bolt i want no part of him atm.

5ass
02-06-2016, 03:17 AM
If sixers wanted to make a trade, you'd need 4 teams
Clippers get Morris,Saric, Fournier, Harris.
Sixers get Bledsoe, Griffin,Len
Suns get Okafor, LA pick 2016+2018, late 1st from sixers
Magic get Noel.

Sixers still finish the season with a top 3 pick enter next season with
Smith
Bledsoe
Top 3 pick
Griffin
Embiid/Len

Compete starting next year while banking on Embiid and their top 3 pick developing into the players they're needed to be. Len is good insurance incase Embiid is injured/not ready. Could also sign a Batum/Barnes/ect.

Clippers
Paul
Redick
Harris
Morris
Jordan
6th man Fournier. Saric enters next season

Magic get a rim protector in Noel.

Suns try to rebuild without being terrible for too long. Seems they never want to tank. So with this trade they get a good base in Okafor and Booker. They will be terrible this year and finish with a top 5 pick, possibly 2. And atleast one futire pick.

Gander13SM
02-06-2016, 03:19 AM
most Sixers fans just getting far too hyped for this right now and not really thinking logically talking about offering crazy packages for what is effectively a rental no way Blake stays here and even if he did it would be difficult to get a team around him in time hes already 26 so we would be giving ourselfs a 4-6 year window to not only build a team around him but a team that meshes and halfway through that process he can just bolt i want no part of him atm.

He's under contract for three years. He would have to stay there. Doesn't have a choice.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2016, 03:48 AM
There is no need for the sixers to do this... They will have a much better player as soon as next year in Embiid. Get ready for the hype

beasted86
02-06-2016, 08:32 AM

Kudos.

First fan I've ever seen passionately happy at his team's epic tank job over multiple seasons. One day you and Hinkie will be right. One day.....

Gander13SM
02-06-2016, 08:42 AM
If Doc does this he's officially the worst GM the Clippers have had and that's really saying something.

Chronz
02-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Chronz what do you think of my package ;) lol

They would demand AG for sure. Noticed Fornier wasn't starting today, whats up?

sjbirds
02-06-2016, 09:22 AM
Magic get Noel.

Smith
Bledsoe
Top 3 pick
Griffin
Embiid/Len

Compete starting next year while banking on Embiid and their top 3 pick developing into the players they're needed to be. Len is good insurance incase Embiid is injured/not ready. Could also sign a Batum/Barnes/ect.

Clippers
Paul
Redick
Harris
Morris
Jordan

Suns try to rebuild without being terrible for too long. Seems they never want to tank. So with this trade they get a good base in Okafor and Booker. They will be terrible this year and finish with a top 5 pick, possibly 2. And atleast one futire pick.
This is pretty bad for the sixers in my opinion

KnicksorBust
02-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Magic get Noel.

Smith
Bledsoe
Top 3 pick
Griffin
Embiid/Len

Clippers
Paul
Redick
Harris
Morris
Jordan

This is pretty bad for the sixers in my opinion

Bledsoe - Griffin - Embiid and they keep their top 3 pick? U sure?

Alayla
02-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Bledsoe - Griffin - Embiid and they keep their top 3 pick? U sure?

Yeah that core screams injury bug nooo thanks.
That being said that team would be LIVE if its healthy i'm talking NBA Jam shenanigans wont lie but realistically it wouldn't be.

tp13baby
02-06-2016, 01:46 PM
I like Denver as a part of any trade, they have plenty of good pieces to offer. Faried, Gallinari, Mudiay, centers, Harris, Barton. Don't know what's up with Wilson Chandler, injuries?

I have no idea what they are planning though. A bit surprised by their bad record, should be a candidate to sneak into playoffs right now.

Faried and Harris in my opinion is the only one available out of the list. And Ill will bit he just can't stay healthy.

We are young, we expected to kind of be in this position but we aren't too far outside of the playoffs. Big win against Chicago last night. We have only lost 1 game in the past 12 losses by more than 10 points so we are competitive. Just depends on our guard play. If Harris and especially Mudiay show up we win more games than not. Our front line has been great.

5ass
02-06-2016, 03:20 PM
They would demand AG for sure. Noticed Fornier wasn't starting today, whats up?

Because we needed some energy and defense so AG is starting now along with Oladipo. Skiles is sill trying to find some working combinations. The thing is Fournier isnt a good fit in the starting line up at SF. Fournier likes to penetrate. When he's on the floor with two penetrators (Oladipo+Payton) you basically ask him to become a shooter becuase if you ask him to penetrate, you just took away your best shooter in the line up. Surprisingly Mario is starting to pick it up too, Fournier isnt even the first guy offthe bench some games. Still, i think you put him on the Clippers and he's not far from Redick production wise.

As for including AG, i wouldnt give him up. i think that package beats the Nuggets package. I like Harris more than Gallo and i dont like the idea of having Fareid-Jordan as your frontcourt.

5ass
02-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Yeah that core screams injury bug nooo thanks.
That being said that team would be LIVE if its healthy i'm talking NBA Jam shenanigans wont lie but realistically it wouldn't be.
I like the value though and i like the fit. Bledsoe and Griffin are friends so you pretty much guarantee Blake re-signs.

Alayla
02-06-2016, 04:11 PM
I like the value though and i like the fit. Bledsoe and Griffin are friends so you pretty much guarantee Blake re-signs.

yeah dont get me wrong Bledsoe Ingram(from our pick) Griffin and Embiid would be super fun to watch if health was not a factor but for now that's just NBA 2k talk LOL.

5ass
02-06-2016, 04:36 PM
that's fine I don't expect the trade to go down, its just fun making up trades. I forgot Covington, btw. He would be going to the clippers. So Fournier, Harris, Covington, Morris and Saric to the clippers.

Method28
02-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Unlimited, unprotected 1st round picks from Philly for Blake 👌

Stunner
02-07-2016, 12:52 AM
Butler and Pau for Blake / Crawford / Wes who says no ?

Gander13SM
02-07-2016, 08:14 AM
Can we send him to Toronto?

I want to see a DeRozan-Griffin dunk line.

Maybe we can work Gerald Green into the deal.

Lowry - Green - DeRozan - Griffin - Valanciunas

Lob City 3.0

Chronz
02-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Because we needed some energy and defense so AG is starting now along with Oladipo. Skiles is sill trying to find some working combinations. The thing is Fournier isnt a good fit in the starting line up at SF. Fournier likes to penetrate. When he's on the floor with two penetrators (Oladipo+Payton) you basically ask him to become a shooter becuase if you ask him to penetrate, you just took away your best shooter in the line up. Surprisingly Mario is starting to pick it up too, Fournier isnt even the first guy offthe bench some games. Still, i think you put him on the Clippers and he's not far from Redick production wise.

As for including AG, i wouldnt give him up. i think that package beats the Nuggets package. I like Harris more than Gallo and i dont like the idea of having Fareid-Jordan as your frontcourt.
Neither has a chance in happening without those blue chippers. Not sure if he included Nokic and/or Mudiay.

Method28
02-07-2016, 02:23 PM
Damn, that's a tough one. Decent trade for both parties imo

Stunner
02-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Damn, that's a tough one. Decent trade for both parties imo

Yea IMO this year that trade puts the clippers in the Convo with Warriors and Spurs to come out the west . Easily the 3 best teams

Chronz
02-07-2016, 05:10 PM

It would be interesting but I dont know if Pau has the range to play in this system, though he might, but he definitely doesn't have too much left in him as a difference maker. At that point you basically swapped Blake for Butler. Which isn't a bad option at all.

Stunner
02-07-2016, 05:22 PM
It would be interesting but I dont know if Pau has the range to play in this system, though he might, but he definitely doesn't have too much left in him as a difference maker. At that point you basically swapped Blake for Butler. Which isn't a bad option at all.

Pau is a better Mid range shooter than Blake and he's been decent shooting the 3 even though he doesn't take a ton . Last stat I've seen was he's was 12-22 from three after starting 0-7 starting the season . Pau still can get you a double double at this stage of his career and be a threat with a PG like Paul. Pau still one of the best passing bigs in the league. Report is he will opt out his contract at the end of the season but I can see him choosing to stay with the clippers .

5ass
02-08-2016, 01:15 AM
Neither has a chance in happening without those blue chippers. Not sure if he included Nokic and/or Mudiay.

Yeah I didn't see Jokic/Mudiay/jusuf. I saw Harris only mentioned. I like him a lot actually as a 3&D role player, but he's not going to help the Clippers win now.
Do you consider Jabari a blue chip prospect? What about Middleton? Maybe the Bucks gut their team to pair Giannis with Blake. Clippers would receive Middleton and Parker. Middleton can help immediately, but Parker isn't very good right now. Still that's not a bad return IMO. Probably need to add a bit more though. Monroe could go to a third team.

PhillyFaninLA
02-08-2016, 07:24 AM
Add Philly lmao

The Clippers and 76ers have discussed a Blake Griffin trade...(via @AmicoHoops)

explain in detail why you felt the need the to add lmao.....with colangelo calling the shots why add lmao

do have the balls to back up your words and explain in detail why a team with Jerry Colangelo making its decisions being involved in a move like this is a lmao moment for you

PhillyFaninLA
02-08-2016, 07:30 AM

I think this would almost be a straight up Okafer for Blake trade....with him assaulting the staff member I'm not sure he would go for more, or that we should offer more. We don't know what the league penalty will be when he is healthy.

This gives us a guy that can play next to Nerlon and allow him to play center....imagine Saric, Blake, Noel....and hopefully Ben Simmons and hopefully a healthy Embiid.

Do you think Blake gives us the ability to attract a bigger name free agent this offseason, I think we are still a year away

edit:

I want to add that I wouldn't trade more than Okafer for Blake straight up, maybe if other pieces are involved but as good as he is, and that fact that he would fit in (and I trust Colengelo), with the fact he broke his hand assaulting a staffer for the Clippers (regardless of what he said) I question Blake's judgement and maturity to risk offering more. Okafer is already a huge piece.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Yeah I didn't see Jokic/Mudiay/jusuf. I saw Harris only mentioned. I like him a lot actually as a 3&D role player, but he's not going to help the Clippers win now.
Do you consider Jabari a blue chip prospect? What about Middleton? Maybe the Bucks gut their team to pair Giannis with Blake. Clippers would receive Middleton and Parker. Middleton can help immediately, but Parker isn't very good right now. Still that's not a bad return IMO. Probably need to add a bit more though. Monroe could go to a third team.

I thought of the same trade if Parker doesn't improve. But then got thinking Blake probably be moody here and not wanna be here. So then the deal be lousy then we be forced to trade him again and get less in return. Also Blake a bit over rated. Just a flashy dunker. Heck Clippers been winning without him. Clippers weren't much before they landed CP3. Blake improved his shooting this year. But career over all not the greatest shooter. Then trading our best shooter in Middleton we would have worse spacing.

After looking through all if this i'd say pass. Blake only has two years left on contract after this season and the last one is player option. So all in all could be a 1 year rental for Middleton and Parker. So hell no. We got Middleton on a 5 year deal after this rookie year contract ends and he's dirt cheap. Parker locked in rookie deal a while. Also Parker draining 3's in practice like mad man. But coach Kidd saying not to shoot 3's in game. Kidd did same thing with Giannis last year. Then end of season said fire away.

2-ONE-5
02-08-2016, 10:16 AM
explain in detail why you felt the need the to add lmao.....with colangelo calling the shots why add lmao

do have the balls to back up your words and explain in detail why a team with Jerry Colangelo making its decisions being involved in a move like this is a lmao moment for you

well Colangelo isnt calling the shots, Hinkie is with assistance from JC

2-ONE-5
02-08-2016, 10:20 AM
I think this would almost be a straight up Okafer for Blake trade....with him assaulting the staff member I'm not sure he would go for more, or that we should offer more. We don't know what the league penalty will be when he is healthy.

This gives us a guy that can play next to Nerlon and allow him to play center....imagine Saric, Blake, Noel....and hopefully Ben Simmons and hopefully a healthy Embiid.

Do you think Blake gives us the ability to attract a bigger name free agent this offseason, I think we are still a year away

edit:

I want to add that I wouldn't trade more than Okafer for Blake straight up, maybe if other pieces are involved but as good as he is, and that fact that he would fit in (and I trust Colengelo), with the fact he broke his hand assaulting a staffer for the Clippers (regardless of what he said) I question Blake's judgement and maturity to risk offering more. Okafer is already a huge piece.

Clips have no room for Okafor with DJ so thats not happening straight up, thatas where Denver comes in and Blake hitting a staff member isnt going to be a big deal, Okafor got 2 games from the team only for assualting a civilian.

Stunner
02-08-2016, 10:21 AM

Sensitive much ? Must be if you thought the lmao had anything to do with Philly . It was more towards Blake and the guy who said he didn't believe teams were discussing about Blake yet another team rumor emerged . The lmao would have been there regardless of team .

PhillyFaninLA
02-08-2016, 10:45 AM
well Colangelo isnt calling the shots, Hinkie is with assistance from JC

That isn't actually true...all the moves since he came on are Colangelo moves, Hinkie has the title but he isn't making the decisions at this point

PhillyFaninLA
02-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Sensitive much ? Must be if you thought the lmao had anything to do with Philly . It was more towards Blake and the guy who said he didn't believe teams were discussing about Blake yet another team rumor emerged . The lmao would have been there regardless of team .

fair enough...my bad

Scoots
02-08-2016, 11:42 AM

I love the hopefulness of Sixers fans ... projecting 4 of the 5 players named :) No doubt, if healthy and all in the NBA and all on the Sixers that would be a front line with formidable potential.

2-ONE-5
02-08-2016, 11:54 AM
That isn't actually true...all the moves since he came on are Colangelo moves, Hinkie has the title but he isn't making the decisions at this point

Oh so hinkie, who tried to re-sign Ish before the season wasnt the guy behind finally bringing him back? No JC has said himself he is just here to help out, not run the show.

Scoots
02-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Oh so hinkie, who tried to re-sign Ish before the season wasnt the guy behind finally bringing him back? No JC has said himself he is just here to help out, not run the show.

I don't think the general public actually knows how much power is where in the organization ... but that's true of every organization.

Unfortunately for Hinkie, JC arriving coincided with the team becoming more respectable which doesn't do Hinkie any favors.

2-ONE-5
02-08-2016, 12:21 PM
I don't think the general public actually knows how much power is where in the organization ... but that's true of every organization.

Unfortunately for Hinkie, JC arriving coincided with the team becoming more respectable which doesn't do Hinkie any favors.

eh our schedule was brutal early as shown by the 1-30 record. Jc prob had a hand in Mike D but that was a move to help Brown out. I find it hard to believe that JC even knew who Ish was when we acquired him either. I just going off JC saying himself that he is here to help and not run things, he will be a massive help when it comes to the bigger FA's down the road.

Scoots
02-08-2016, 12:43 PM
eh our schedule was brutal early as shown by the 1-30 record. Jc prob had a hand in Mike D but that was a move to help Brown out. I find it hard to believe that JC even knew who Ish was when we acquired him either. I just going off JC saying himself that he is here to help and not run things, he will be a massive help when it comes to the bigger FA's down the road.

I didn't say what was true or not, just that we don't now and probably never will actually know. Also regardless of what is likely, the general public will look at JC showing up and the team winning as causation, true or not.

2-ONE-5
02-08-2016, 01:23 PM
of course, people arent too bright especially in Philly and most hate Hinkie so they like to discredit him any chance they get, even most of our own media.

Scoots
02-08-2016, 01:37 PM
of course, people arent too bright especially in Philly and most hate Hinkie so they like to discredit him any chance they get, even most of our own media.

Something I almost never see mentioned is that the Sixers have stuck to their plan despite pressure and, more impressive, they have stuck with and supported their coach which is very unusual even for teams that are tanking.

I doubt the Lakers do the same for their coach.

2-ONE-5
02-08-2016, 02:26 PM
yea i keep seeing all these coaching moves (some good, some bad) and just appreciate that the FO and Brown are on the same page, consistency is key going forward especially for whichever young players are here long term so its great to know that BB will be here a while, its not like the losing is fault anyway.

Stunner
02-15-2016, 10:54 AM
According to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News, the Clippers are still shopping Blake Griffin.
There have been multiple denials that Los Angeles is looking to move Blake—including from Doc Rivers—but that hasn't stopped the trade speculation from swirling around the injured star. Per Isola, the Nuggets, Celtics and Hawks "cannot be ruled out," but it's very difficult if not impossible to envision a deal getting constructed. We're not getting too excited.
Source: New York Daily News Feb 15 - 9:06 AM

colinskik
02-15-2016, 11:23 AM

hahah yeah, i guess a schedule is brutal when every team is better.

1-30 is evidence of something other than a tough schedule.

Stunner
02-15-2016, 11:25 AM
Clippers offered Blake Griffin & Lance Stephenson to the Nuggets for Faried, Gallinari, Will Barton & Nikola Jokic. Denver declined. (ESPN)

Stunner
02-15-2016, 11:34 AM
Clippers should have just asked for Barton / Faried / Nurkic / Hickson / Nelson for Blake / Lance / Prig / Dawson

5ass
02-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Any team trading for Blake has to realise dude is an aspiring actor, been living in LA since he was rookie and making all star teams since then. If a team like nuggets/magic/sixers trade for him they'd likely see him leave to the Lakers in FA.

Tg11
02-15-2016, 12:35 PM
If Blake Griffin comes to the Celtics it's a wrap especially if he winds up on our team because with him and Isaiah together they would be able to make the Celtics a true top contender as far as the East goes

colinskik
02-15-2016, 12:42 PM
Clippers offered Blake Griffin & Lance Stephenson to the Nuggets for Faried, Gallinari, Will Barton & Nikola Jokic. Denver declined. (ESPN)

What a joke of an offer.

Here take our "superstar" and this scrub we accidentally signed, and give us all of your young talent in return, which comprises 3/5 of your starting lineup and your 6th man of the year candidate.. NO?

shep33
02-15-2016, 12:52 PM
The Nuggets also have to go in a different direction too though. Maybe get a 3rd team involved to send Blake somewhere else and get picks back (Boston for instance has a ton of them).

Denver is in no mans land right now.

Tg11
02-15-2016, 12:55 PM
Exactly and why would Blake want to go to Denver anyway? Denver are not a contender and not to mention at best they are a young team with a young core

Scoots
02-15-2016, 02:08 PM
Still hearing a lot of noise on this one.

shep33
02-15-2016, 02:21 PM
I think it's close to nil that he gets traded though

Stunner
02-15-2016, 02:53 PM
The Hawks are interested in trading for Blake Griffin and have the assets to potentially pull it off source tells @AmicoHoops.

Sportfan
02-15-2016, 03:10 PM
What a joke of an offer.

Here take our "superstar" and this scrub we accidentally signed, and give us all of your young talent in return, which comprises 3/5 of your starting lineup and your 6th man of the year candidate.. NO?

Well yeah, that's the cost of the superstar.

I don't blame LAC for making the offer, becaue why would they want to settle for less? Griffin is a star, there's no point in moving him unless the Clippers deepen their team.

I think if Denver can manage to swap one of those guys out for Nurkic (except Faried) it's a deal they should pounce on.

Denver has a ton of assets, their actually close to being in Morey's position to acquire a supestar and then trade the remaining assets to build around him.

Denver has the two potential lotto picks that aren't being discussed in this deal and they could theoretically can something good out of a combination of those lotto picks and Mudiay and Nurkic/Jokic. One is their own that they can swap if Denver goes on a 2ndh alf run and the Knicks continue falling, and they have 2 more which is either going to be POR/Houston which are both lottery protected.

Jeff Teague Kyle Korver and Al Horford for #7, Mudiay, and Lance?

POR pick and Nurkic for Morris and Tucker?

Harris, Chandler, Memphis, and Houston pick for Ryan Anderson and Tyreke?

They easily have the assests and the contract to construct a team like this that would be pretty good going into next year

Teague-Tyreke-Korver-Blake-Horford
Tucker-Markieff-RyNo
off the bench.

Scoots
02-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Chances are he goes nowhere in the next week.

SLY WILLIAMS
02-15-2016, 05:10 PM

I'm not surprised that Denver declined that deal. Denver could trade Faried, Hickson, a draft pick or two but I understand why they would not gut their team. They have a lot of draft picks, 4 skilled big men and also a trade exception of 5 million or so.

*Silver&Black*
02-15-2016, 05:30 PM
The Hawks are interested in trading for Blake Griffin and have the assets to potentially pull it off source tells @AmicoHoops.

Horford and Korver for Blake?

D-Leethal
02-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Would have been a great trade for LAC and at the same time, Griffin and Mudiay would be a nice tandem to build around. I wouldn't let go of Jokic though, he is gonna be a stud.

D-Leethal
02-15-2016, 08:24 PM
I know Horford is the guy they want to move, but Millsap and Korver looks awfully good for the Clips.

CP3
Redick
Korver
Millsap
DJ

All that shooting around the CP3/DJ PnR good lord.

*Silver&Black*
02-15-2016, 08:26 PM
I know Horford is the guy they want to move, but Millsap and Korver looks awfully good for the Clips.

CP3
Redick
Korver
Millsap
DJ

All that shooting around the CP3/DJ PnR good lord.

ATL would probably do that deal too just to get a star player to sell the team on. Trade Horford and Teague in another deal.

KB24PG16
02-15-2016, 11:34 PM
wonder what trade talks will do to blake's mental game, he doesn't strike me as someone who will handle this well. gm doc strikes again

basketballkitty
02-16-2016, 12:47 AM
Blake is not worth 1/3rd of that from Denver. Blake is a one dimensional Power Dunker of a player. He is a below average Rebounder ( Now )...his defense is Nil, and that has been proven because since his Injury, the Clippers have allowed almost 6 points less a game. And Blake's body is quickly going down the toilet. In 3 years he will be a WORSE version of Elton Brand at the same age. Ahhh No thanks Doc. I tell ya you know somewhere Donald Sterling is laughing his A off at all this turmoil in Clipper land.

IKnowHoops
02-16-2016, 03:14 AM
I would still like to see a Love for Blake trade go down just for the drama alone.

FriedTofuz
02-16-2016, 03:36 AM
The fact that we have a 7-page thread about a rumor that chris brussard started is laughable.

Stunner
02-16-2016, 03:56 AM
The fact that we have a 7-page thread about a rumor that chris brussard started is laughable.

Too bad it's not

Stunner
02-16-2016, 02:44 PM
The Celtics have called the Clippers about a potential Blake Griffin trade. (h/t Boston Herald)