PDA

View Full Version : Bucks make Monroe available

Stunner
02-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Report: Bucks have made Greg Monroe available
The Bucks have reportedly made Greg Monroe available "at the right price."
The Bucks have been underperforming this season sitting on a 20-31 record, and while Monroe has been putting up solid numbers during his first year in Milwaukee, his defense hasn't been very good at all. "From what Im hearing is they (the Bucks) are willing to trade anybody not named [Jabari] Parker, [Giannis] Antetokounmpo or [Kris] Middleton, an NBA executive said. "I even heard they'd listen [to offers] for Parker and Middleton, but it would have to be some crazy offer." Monroe's fantasy value should be safe regardless of what jersey he's wearing.
Source: Journal Times Feb 4 - 2:38 PM
Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
Draft Advice

JWO35
02-04-2016, 05:22 PM
You know how people can be ahead of their time? Monroe is behind his time...you can't be a good team with a 1 dimensional C/PF that can't guard to save his life. As a Piston fan I'm glad we didn't resign him

5ass
02-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Trade him and MCW to New Orleans for Tyreke+Asik+holiday.

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2016, 06:03 PM
You know how people can be ahead of their time? Monroe is behind his time...you can't be a good team with a 1 dimensional C/PF that can't guard to save his life. As a Piston fan I'm glad we didn't resign him

I agree with this to an extent. I wouldn't call him one-dimensional. He's a solid rebounder, a solid post player, and a great passer when he's allowed to be. He's weak on D and doesn't have a lot of range. But yeah... he's a throw-back. Teams would have loved him in the 70s/80s for sure.

But, as a Pistons fan, you should know that a one-dimensional center can help big time, it just depends on what that one dimension is. When it's defense.... then he can help you win a title ;-) (see sig).

JWO35
02-04-2016, 06:23 PM
I agree with this to an extent. I wouldn't call him one-dimensional. He's a solid rebounder, a solid post player, and a great passer when he's allowed to be. He's weak on D and doesn't have a lot of range. But yeah... he's a throw-back. Teams would have loved him in the 70s/80s for sure.

But, as a Pistons fan, you should know that a one-dimensional center can help big time, it just depends on what that one dimension is. When it's defense.... then he can help you win a title ;-) (see sig).

haha true :cheers:

IndyRealist
02-04-2016, 06:31 PM
You just have to build the roster to compensate for his weaknesses. He'd probably be phenominal next to Serge Ibaka or Al Horford, for instance. Jabari Parker not so much.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Trade him and MCW to New Orleans for Tyreke+Asik+holiday.

Asik is dead weight. Also Tyreke and Holiday only have one more season under contract where MCW is on rookie deal and Monroe signed 3 year deal but could opt out of third year. I know our GM liked Holiday that draft though. I agree with Indyrealist a front court of Parker and Monroe with no defense is killing us. As for 5ass trade proposal doesn't work. Bucks be eating $30M and only sending out $18M. Also like I said Asik is negative value now. I wanted the Bucks to sign Ajinca this summer though. So he be a piece that could be tossed into a bigger deal and leave out Asik. I did like Asik like 4 seasons ago though.

GiantsSwaGG
02-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Thank Goodness Monroe passed on us, lol hated him with a passion. Now he's the Bucks problem lol

JOSKOMANG4
02-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Celtics!

- Monroe & G.Vasquez for David Lee's expiring, K. Olynyk, and PG A.Bradley & hornets 2016 pick(lottery protected).

C's

Monroe/Zeller
Johnson/Sullinger/Mickey
Crowder/Turner/Jerebko
Young/Vasquez/Hunter
Thomas/smart/rozier

Why C's? Monroe solidifies front court presence. They also clear space in backcourt by trading Bradley for Vasquez's expiring. They still have BKN's pick.

Bucks: *cut Lee

Henson/Olynyk/Bryant
Parker/Plumlee/copeland
Giannis/inglis/Vaughn
Middleton/mayo/Bayliss
Bradley/MCW/Ennis

Why? Henson better fit in kidd's up tempo scheme. Bradley is an upgrade at PG over MCW. Clear cap space with lee's expiring.

ManningToTyree
02-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Happy the Knicks dodged this bullet. Very tough to build around a big that's a turnstile.

Aust
02-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Bad FA signing if you're already trying to dump him, yeesh.

Glad he didn't come here even though I originally wanted him.

kobe4thewinbang
02-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Just need to pair him with a defensive C. Dunno what Bucks were thinking.

Deception
02-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Just need to pair him with a defensive C. Dunno what Bucks were thinking.

He's not a PF. We tried to play him next to Drummond, Monroe can't defend and can't shoot. He has an amazing post game and a very skilled passer though

Ball_Out
02-07-2016, 01:17 PM
**** trade him to Huston for Dwight...

TheNumber37
02-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Okc

Blink
02-07-2016, 01:51 PM
He's not a PF. We tried to play him next to Drummond, Monroe can't defend and can't shoot. He has an amazing post game and a very skilled passer though

He said a defensive Center. Something Drummond is not.

Gander13SM
02-07-2016, 02:22 PM
We all know what needs to happen...

Milwaukee send; Monroe, Copeland, Mayo and Johnny O'Bryant.
Milwaukee Receive; Jared Sullinger, Tyler Zeller, Rudy Gay and David Lee.

Sacramento sends; DeMarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay.
Sacramento receives; Greg Monroe, Amir Johnson, Chris Copeland, 2016 Brooklyn pick and 2016 Minnesota pick (both via Boston)

Boston send; Sullinger, Zeller, Lee, Amir, two first round picks.
Boston receive; DeMarcus Cousins, O.J Mayo, Johnny O'Bryant.

Milwaukee;

G: Michael Carter Williams
G: Khris Middleton
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo
F: Rudy Gay
C: Jarred Sullinger

Sacramento;

G: Rajon Rondo
G: Marco Belinelli
F: Omri Casspi
F: Amir Johnson
C: Greg Monroe

Boston;

G: Isaiah Thomas
G: Avery Bradley
F: Jae Crowder
F: Jonas Jerebko
C: DeMarcus Cousins

Milwaukee do whatever it is they do. Got some expirings there and young talent.

Sacramento get a jump start on their inevitable rebuild, get two first round picks one of which is guaranteed lotto and could be top 5.

Boston win the eastern conference finals.

:cool: :laugh:

IndyRealist
02-07-2016, 03:21 PM

Sacramento receives; Greg Monroe, Amir Johnson, Chris Copeland, 2016 Brooklyn pick and 2016 Minnesota pick (both via Boston)

Milwaukee;

Sacramento;

Boston;

Sacramento get a jump start on their inevitable rebuild, get two first round picks one of which is guaranteed lotto and could be top 5.

You've actually succeeding in making a three team trade no team would want to do. Congrats.

North Yorker
02-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Milwaukee needs a C that can anchor the defense. They also need a PG that can at least shoot decently.

Maybe a 3-way along the lines of

Bucks get: T. Chandler, Jordan Clarkson
Suns get: Monroe
Lakers get: MCW, and the Cavs 2016 1st from Phx

Monroe can opt out after next season (assuming he would if he went to a rebuilding team like Phx), which means they shed money longterm by trading Tyson for him.

MCW might be a better fit alongside Russel, and Lakers get a late 1st to continue their rebuild.

Gander13SM
02-07-2016, 04:51 PM
You've actually succeeding in making a three team trade no team would want to do. Congrats.

LOL... Thanks. It took a lot of effort.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2016, 09:59 AM
North Yorker you could be half right about Bucks and Lakers. Cause a insider for Kings mentioned if Rudy Gay is traded Bucks are third team to help facilitate the deal. Bucks wont get Rudy Gay but Kings want our pieces while we get pieces from the unnamed team. Then I speculated it could be Pelicans or Lakers since both them teams linked to Gay trades. Last month Pelicans offered up Gordon/Gee for Gay and were denied.

Lakers recently been linked to Gay trade. So maybe Bucks get Gordon instead of Kings? If its Lakers in the deal and not the Pelicans then not sure if we take on Hibbert expiring and in separate deal we send Monroe to rumored Blazers for CJ and either Davis or Plumlee. If Bucks don't trade Monroe then maybe we get Lou and some other throw in? Throw in probably Young. Seems he's been on the block for a while.

Deception
02-08-2016, 06:09 PM

Okay? Doesn't change the fact that Monroe can't guard a PF and the fact that he lives in the paint where a center should be. So you clog the paint on offense and hope he can keep up with someone that can stretch the floor on defense

RaginRondo17
02-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Celtics!

- Monroe & G.Vasquez for David Lee's expiring, K. Olynyk, and PG A.Bradley & hornets 2016 pick(lottery protected).

C's

Monroe/Zeller
Johnson/Sullinger/Mickey
Crowder/Turner/Jerebko
Young/Vasquez/Hunter
Thomas/smart/rozier

Why C's? Monroe solidifies front court presence. They also clear space in backcourt by trading Bradley for Vasquez's expiring. They still have BKN's pick.

Henson/Olynyk/Bryant
Parker/Plumlee/copeland
Giannis/inglis/Vaughn
Middleton/mayo/Bayliss
Bradley/MCW/Ennis

Why? Henson better fit in kidd's up tempo scheme. Bradley is an upgrade at PG over MCW. Clear cap space with lee's expiring.

NO way we give up AB for Monroe. His contract is a steal. And KO on top of that? He's coming into his own lately. Celtics will stand pat, it's not like they got to make a move, only way they do is if it obviously improves them in the long term. DA isn't dumb, Celtics aren't going far in the playoffs (hopefully, not at all, but with this run unlikely)

RaginRondo17
02-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Milwaukee;

Sacramento;

Boston;

We give up like all our front-court and only get one front court player back and thrust a 15 MPG guy into the starting lineup? Doubt it.

teddygreen17
02-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Having a Center that don't play D is like having a PG that can shoot. The gap created in the starting 5 unit is too big a hole to fill. It's like free ice cream for the opposing team, you can't resist going after it.

As a Knicks fan...I'd take Robin Lopez 9/10 times. Thanks Phil, for this one at least. - Wait...He rejected us. Phil aint do nothing. Thanks Monroe.

MonroeFAN
02-08-2016, 08:09 PM

While I kind of agree, it's clear as day that Monroe cannot succeed at the 4 in the league.

bucketss
02-08-2016, 10:02 PM
monroe should drop some pounds

Corey
02-09-2016, 03:00 AM
I imagine the Celtics will inquire. Probably wont offer more than Lee's salary, Sullinger, James Young and a 1st

warfelg
02-09-2016, 08:53 AM
I said at the time of the signing that this was a mistake...

Corey
02-10-2016, 03:30 PM
Celtics!

C's

Monroe/Zeller
Johnson/Sullinger/Mickey
Crowder/Turner/Jerebko
Young/Vasquez/Hunter
Thomas/smart/rozier

Henson/Olynyk/Bryant
Parker/Plumlee/copeland
Giannis/inglis/Vaughn
Middleton/mayo/Bayliss
Bradley/MCW/Ennis

First of all, if you knew anything about the Celtics, you'd know that Bradley isnt close to a point guard. He isnt better at being a point guard than MCW. Bradley is a wing that can guard multiple positions. He's not a primary ball handler and he isnt a distributor.

Second of all, the Celtics would never give Bradley in a trade for Monroe. Bradley has three more years on the books and he's one of the best on ball defenders in the league. His offense has gotten better and better every year, and his money per year is an absolute STEAL.

Third of all, the Bucks have Middleton and Parker on the wing, they dont even have a spot to play Avery at his most effective position.

Fourth, the Bucks are giving up Monroe without really upgrading another position, how does that help?

The Celtics might have some interest in Monroe, but that's not even close to realistic.