PDA

View Full Version : It's appears Bucks are not happy with MCW

STRIKERC
02-04-2016, 04:19 PM
Nearly a year ago everybody and their grandmother descended on the Sixers for trading their "rookie of the year" pg. To date people still reference that when they accuse the Sixers of trading "all their good players" for draft picks.
Well, the former rookie of the year appears to be unwanted in Milwaukee.
Think Bucks regret doing that deal?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=394138

Ball_Out
02-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Seems like a bait thread. It looks like the Bucks are making everyone available except the greek freak.

ewing
02-04-2016, 05:42 PM
OMG the Sixers are so smart. No one has ever thought to spend all there money on the lotto until they hit the jackpot. Genius :)

Scoots
02-04-2016, 05:47 PM
I said MCW was going to get moved before last season started. It's not like it was that surprising. His game requires a team be built around him (see Rondo, Rajon) and nobody is likely to do that.

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2016, 06:06 PM
I don't remember anybody faulting the 6ers from trading MCW. Everybody thought he was a terrible shooter and that he had the best season of a weak draft year that had players who required development.

I know because I was one of the ones that actually questioned this move and everybody and their dog jumped down my throat about it it. Now, I was only questioning it; I didn't even think it was out of line, just curious if anybody thought this kid could improve his shooting, because if he could, he's be great.

Obviously, he hasn't.

Packaging him up with Monroe and shipping him out to NY or LAL would be a good idea. Not sure if BK has anything the Bucks want, but they might be an option.

Gander13SM
02-04-2016, 06:19 PM
I mostly remember everyone criticising Milwaukee to be honest.

IndyRealist
02-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Yeah' pretty sure this thread is backwards. MCW has always had limited upside.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Yeah Gery Woelfel been quoted in a few other articles saying our untouchables are Giannis, Middleton, Parker. But if the offer is out of this world Middleton or Parker could be had. So all in all only untouchable on the Bucks is Giannis. I wasn't happy with MCW trade right away. Yeah was fed up with Knights tunnel vision and hogging the ball and turnovers. But he could shoot though.

I said right away i'd rather had the Lakers pick and left 76ers out of the deal completely if we didn't want MCW. But the Lakers pick was up in the air at least till lottery drawing. Bucks linked to a bunch of trade rumors so be another huge turnover of players of Bucks going out. Ersan said that though the years that we trade to much. Takes to long to get the new guys in and gel and get chemistry going. Bucks linked to Monroe to Blazers for CJ and either Plumlee or Davis.

Bucks linked to Wolves Martin. Bucks linked to Rockets Lawson. Bucks have interests in Hawks Teague yet again. Remember we were the team that offered him the RFA offer sheet and Hawks matched. Also a tiny trade rumor long ago of Bucks reacquiring Caron Butler from Kings. My guess for Copeland even up just change of scenery. But guess Bucks moved on, cause Butler wants lots of minutes. Curious what team would need MCW? He played decent defense on Curry. Maybe Thunder could use him as 6th man? I wouldn't mind Payne from Thunder.

Bucks just need 3 and D players surrounding Giannis then were set. Wish Bucks tanked last year for Myles Turner.

Scoots
02-04-2016, 06:37 PM
We should all know that there are no untouchables though ... you pay a high enough price EVERYBODY is available.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-04-2016, 06:44 PM
We should all know that there are no untouchables though ... you pay a high enough price EVERYBODY is available.

Yeah if a team offers Durant or Davis for Giannis then yeah untouchable changes. But has to be a killer offer which we probably wont see. So it's easy to say untouchable.

STRIKERC
02-04-2016, 06:55 PM
So all of a sudden nobody ever said Philly trades their best players for draft picks after this trade went down?
Why am i surprised.

IndyRealist
02-04-2016, 07:17 PM
So all of a sudden nobody ever said Philly trades their best players for draft picks after this trade went down?
Why am i surprised.

SI gave the Sixers an A on that deal.

At 23, he's older than most top-flight second-year players, and it's fair to say that his star potential is pretty limited. Because the Sixers have no desire to win in the short-term, and everyone knows it, their only calculation is whether the player they can get with the Lakers' pick has a better shot to be a franchise player than does Carter-Williams. That seems like a pretty safe bet, given that Carter-Williams currently ranks No. 45 among point guards in Player Efficiency Rating, even though he's feasting on all the shots and minutes he wants.

More-Than-Most
02-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Because he is trash... Like i stated. Hell hawk and others were screaming how ****** the draft class was and why he won ROY... It was a flat out steal from philly to trade him

More-Than-Most
02-04-2016, 08:24 PM
I don't remember anybody faulting the 6ers from trading MCW. Everybody thought he was a terrible shooter and that he had the best season of a weak draft year that had players who required development.

I know because I was one of the ones that actually questioned this move and everybody and their dog jumped down my throat about it it. Now, I was only questioning it; I didn't even think it was out of line, just curious if anybody thought this kid could improve his shooting, because if he could, he's be great.

Obviously, he hasn't.

Packaging him up with Monroe and shipping him out to NY or LAL would be a good idea. Not sure if BK has anything the Bucks want, but they might be an option.

No You are wrong... Everyone crushed the sixers and omg the rookie of the year wah wah wah.

CHANGO
02-04-2016, 09:37 PM
He needs a team with shooters, Bucks aren't that. He is a horrible shooter so having him on the court with Giannis, Parker and Monroe is not exactly a plus. It's just a bad constructed team, I was high on them for the defense, thought they would play a slow paced game with intense defense but I don't think that's the case either.

Just a bad fit.

ManningToTyree
02-05-2016, 02:02 AM
I don't think most people outside of Philly bought the mcw hype.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 02:20 AM
I actually think he'd be a great bench piece on a championship team where he only has to do, what he does best. And for short periods of time getting 16-20 min a game while the Allstars on the team rest.

More-Than-Most
02-05-2016, 05:24 AM

Not while he was on philly... Once they traded him we can go back and check there were so many people screaming we lost the trade and we are stupid for giving up a proven talent and so on down the list.

2-ONE-5
02-05-2016, 09:53 AM

see this logic did not apply when the trade happened and people still throw it out there all time when they bash the Sixers.

Scoots
02-05-2016, 10:25 AM
see this logic did not apply when the trade happened and people still throw it out there all time when they bash the Sixers.
Not me.

Scoots
02-05-2016, 10:28 AM
No You are wrong... Everyone crushed the sixers and omg the rookie of the year wah wah wah.
No. You are wrong. Some people said the Sixers lost. But a lot said it was a good deal. I think Sixers fans have PTSD coloring their perception and memory.

2-ONE-5
02-05-2016, 10:37 AM
just look at any thread about the Sixers since the deal. MCW, ET, Thad, Jrue, Hawes are all of the sudden key players that hinkie traded, logic is never used for the majority on here when it comes to how this process has gone.

IndyRealist
02-05-2016, 11:26 AM
just look at any thread about the Sixers since the deal. MCW, ET, Thad, Jrue, Hawes are all of the sudden key players that hinkie traded, logic is never used for the majority on here when it comes to how this process has gone.

Turner? Like, Evan Turner? Spencer Hawes, c'mon man. If that's the kind of flak Sixers fans are getting upset about, you're just getting trolled.

Scoots
02-05-2016, 11:35 AM

In my experience Sixers fans are actively looking for a fight, and your team's actions have made it easy. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I say positive things about the Sixers some fan jumps on me for being a "hater", or for "not understanding the process".

The fact is that by traditional trade metrics, i.e. making the team better TODAY, the Sixers have "lost" on most of their trades. But that doesn't mean people can't understand that those are not the metrics the Sixers are using to make those decisions. Most of the criticism I've seen of the Sixers is of the idea rather than the minutiae.

2-ONE-5
02-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Turner? Like, Evan Turner? Spencer Hawes, c'mon man. If that's the kind of flak Sixers fans are getting upset about, you're just getting trolled.

i dont think any of us got upset about it all, just annoyed by the ignorance of people looking to hate just to hate. hinkie has lost 1 trade since he got here, everything else has been a positive

2-ONE-5
02-05-2016, 12:25 PM
In my experience Sixers fans are actively looking for a fight, and your team's actions have made it easy. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I say positive things about the Sixers some fan jumps on me for being a "hater", or for "not understanding the process".

The fact is that by traditional trade metrics, i.e. making the team better TODAY, the Sixers have "lost" on most of their trades. But that doesn't mean people can't understand that those are not the metrics the Sixers are using to make those decisions. Most of the criticism I've seen of the Sixers is of the idea rather than the minutiae.

yea you def have been attacked from a few people i remember but i never had any issue with those who want to be critical, thats fine and warranted. Just the majority are annoying and have no idea what they are talking about.

Alayla
02-05-2016, 12:45 PM
This thread is bait in more ways than one and its already starting arguments but lets not sit here and pretend 50% of PSD was not railing on us for trading MCW i distinctly remember people getting into arguments with me about it as i was always very low on MCW. Possibly the lowest on the site I've always believed him to be a high energy bench guy with to many wholes in his game to be a starter anywhere. Getting a top 5 pick for that is highway robbery but plenty of people argued that moves like that are exactly why the Sixers are a disgrace and said things like do you really expect to get a player better than MCW for that pick? At this rate we may very well pick up a allstar/superstar for that pick with how poor the Lakers are doing albeit next season.

ManningToTyree
02-05-2016, 02:37 PM

Not while he was on philly... Once they traded him we can go back and check there were so many people screaming we lost the trade and we are stupid for giving up a proven talent and so on down the list. what did philly get for him again I can't remember

2-ONE-5
02-05-2016, 03:41 PM
for MCW? Lakers top 3 protected pick over the next two years (including this one) and I believe it becomes unprotected in 2018.

the full deal was the Sixers getting the pick, MCW to the Bucks and Knight to LA

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-05-2016, 04:33 PM
for MCW? Lakers top 3 protected pick over the next two years (including this one) and I believe it becomes unprotected in 2018.

the full deal was the Sixers getting the pick, MCW to the Bucks and Knight to LA

LA? Ya mean Suns? Full deal was like Knight and Marshall to Suns and Bucks get MCW,Ennis,Plumlee,76ers receive Lakers protected pick. Not sure if 76ers got anything else from Suns? Bucks would of been better to say to Suns we don't want MCW, leave 76ers out of the deal completely. Deal could of ended up being Knight straight up for Plumlee, Ennis and Lakers pick.

But Bucks or shall I said Kidd took a flier on MCW. Also who would of guess Kobe and Lakers nose dive this bad so fast. Cause I know when this trade went down we discussed Lakers pick or MCW. We figured pick never came to fruition and stuck with a couple second rounder's in like 3 or 4 years. Yeah so far sitting at #2 Lakers have it but lottery drawing could drop it down a spot or so.

It's top 3 protected a few years. Some mocks have Dunn at #4. I wouldn't mind him as a consolation prize for Knight trade. Oh well guess if MCW is dealt at deadline then we can see what we got from the Jennings trade. So far it's Middleton, MCW, Plumlee, Ennis. Not sure what we fetch for MCW now. Wont have the value of a Lakers pick now.

2-ONE-5
02-05-2016, 04:51 PM
LA? Ya mean Suns? Full deal was like Knight and Marshall to Suns and Bucks get MCW,Ennis,Plumlee,76ers receive Lakers protected pick. Not sure if 76ers got anything else from Suns? Bucks would of been better to say to Suns we don't want MCW, leave 76ers out of the deal completely. Deal could of ended up being Knight straight up for Plumlee, Ennis and Lakers pick.

But Bucks or shall I said Kidd took a flier on MCW. Also who would of guess Kobe and Lakers nose dive this bad so fast. Cause I know when this trade went down we discussed Lakers pick or MCW. We figured pick never came to fruition and stuck with a couple second rounder's in like 3 or 4 years. Yeah so far sitting at #2 Lakers have it but lottery drawing could drop it down a spot or so.

It's top 3 protected a few years. Some mocks have Dunn at #4. I wouldn't mind him as a consolation prize for Knight trade. Oh well guess if MCW is dealt at deadline then we can see what we got from the Jennings trade. So far it's Middleton, MCW, Plumlee, Ennis. Not sure what we fetch for MCW now. Wont have the value of a Lakers pick now.

hah yea, duh i knew that of course. mental breakdown with us having the LA pick. thanks for catching that

kobe4thewinbang
02-06-2016, 03:07 PM
I wanted the Lakers to nab him on draft night, and there were rumors it was in consideration. MCW is a good player, hit by injuries this year. Still doesn't have a good jumpshot, but he's still better than a busted Steve Nash was. I would've rather given up all those draft picks for MCW.