PDA

View Full Version : MN Timberwolves

IKnowHoops
02-04-2016, 01:27 AM
I love this team. I really want them to trade Rubio.

I want them to Let Tyus start at PG.

I want the starting lineup to look like this.

PG Tyus
SG Lavine/Muhamad
SF Wiggins
PF Grizza/Dieng
C Towns

I think Tyus is going to explode when he finally gets his chance. They will probably get beat up a little too, and MN will suck for the rest of the year, but it will be awesome experience for this young group. Then with a lot of Luck we get Simmons and the nucleus is complete. But for real, just draft smartly these next two years. Lets not pass up on Cousins to draft Wesley Johnson, don't take Ricky Rubio and Johny Flynn instead of Steph Curry and DeMar Derozen.

I'm also trying to trade Rubio and Martin for draft picks over the next two years. After two more drafts...that following season this team will be in the playoffs with a dang good squad. They just need to make these next two drafts count, and they need to start there young guys and let them figure out the game. Let them take there lumps and get better from it. Also take the losses and get good draft picks. Don't start some vet who may be a little better, but has peaked 4 years ago. Start your future. Invest the time and the losses into guys who have all the gifts to be amazing. Don't worry about the losses, you want to get draft picks anyway, because once the young talent figures it out, the lottery is over.

flea
02-04-2016, 02:14 AM
Why on earth would the T-Wolves trade Rubio? Both of their stars are off-ball players, and Rubio is one of the 2 or 3 best passers in the league and just entering his prime. He is perfect for that team. I think all the Wolves really need is more shooting and to grow together - and Rubio is crucial to that. He could be like Jason Kidd was to any of the teams he played for.

The only way I could see it is if you think Lavine can be a PG. I don't, at least not for players like Towns and Wiggins. He's a Westbrook type, a SG. I think he can work with the team but not as a PG if they want to build around Wiggins and Towns.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2016, 02:30 AM
Why on earth would the T-Wolves trade Rubio? Both of their stars are off-ball players, and Rubio is one of the 2 or 3 best passers in the league and just entering his prime. He is perfect for that team. I think all the Wolves really need is more shooting and to grow together - and Rubio is crucial to that. He could be like Jason Kidd was to any of the teams he played for.

The only way I could see it is if you think Lavine can be a PG. I don't, at least not for players like Towns and Wiggins. He's a Westbrook type, a SG. I think he can work with the team but not as a PG if they want to build around Wiggins and Towns.

Rubio can't shoot. Tyus would probably be a top 5 3pt shooter in the NBA the day he steps on the court. Thus is a very smart PG too. And they are all the same age in the 19-20 range. Rubio is older and has peaked already. Tyus will be better anyway. I think he could be Steph Curry Lite. Sounds crazy I know, but he shoots just that good, and has proven to be Ultra Cerebral. Trade Rubio and Martin and add through the draft and create a dynasty. This current core of players are going to be very good tin two years.

I look at this team and I think what OKC could of been had they kept all there young talent. I just want MN to ride it out and keep/invest in the young talent you have. Trade your high value older pieces for draft picks (ways to acquire more young talent like what you already have). Keep KG as that one guy who you want to get the team mentally prepared every night to build a culture of toughness. And draft well these next two drafts.

They got three guys (Lavine,Wiggins,Towns) who will be all star caliber in by 2017-18. I feel Tyus is going to be awesome. If they can draft two more superstar potential guys over these next two years, the Twolves will be awesome for a long time. And better than OKC ever was and close to as good as OKC could of been.

mngopher35
02-04-2016, 02:34 AM
Ya I don't think we will trade Rubio just because his value to us is bigger than what we would get back in a trade most likely. I'm not completely sold on him as pg of the future necessarily but I wouldn't just trade him away for minimal assets either.

We need to get a new coach for sure and there should be someone at least decent which is a huge upgrade from Mitchell.

Outside of that the biggest thing is to continue developing and growing the current youth while hitting on our pick this year. As flea mentioned we are weak in the shooting department and also getting defenders would be nice as well (our role players like lavine/shabazz and even deing struggle on d). The nice thing is that lavine/wiggins/towns especially seem to have the potential to improve on their own range/defense.

DillyDill
02-04-2016, 02:37 AM
If they get Ben or Ingram game over for league when they all hit prime. Huge fan of Zach ucla fan star potential but if they land one of those wings their gonna have to play him at point. So sorry no room for tyus unless sixth man

flea
02-04-2016, 02:40 AM
Rubio can't shoot. Tyus would probably be a top 5 3pt shooter in the NBA the day he steps on the court. Thus is a very smart PG too. And they are all the same age in the 19-20 range. Rubio is older and has peaked already. Tyus will be better anyway. I think he could be Steph Curry Lite. Sounds crazy I know, but he shoots just that good, and has proven to be Ultra Cerebral. Trade Rubio and Martin and add through the draft and create a dynasty. This current core of players are going to be very good tin two years.

I look at this team and I think what OKC could of been had they kept all there young talent. I just want MN to ride it out and keep/invest in the young talent you have. Trade your high value older pieces for draft picks (ways to acquire more young talent like what you already have). Keep KG as that one guy who you want to get the team mentally prepared every night to build a culture of toughness. And draft well these next two drafts.

They got three guys (Lavine,Wiggins,Towns) who will be all star caliber in by 2017-18. I feel Tyus is going to be awesome. If they can draft two more superstar potential guys over these next two years, the Twolves will be awesome for a long time. And better than OKC ever was and close to as good as OKC could of been.

Lol well you're way higher on Jones than anyone else. I'm a fan of Jones, watched almost all his college games because I'm a Duke fan, but he is nothing like Curry. He's a streaky shooter, pretty good distributor, but undersized and not incredibly athletic. Hell I'm not sure he's a better NBA guard than the current undersized PG on Kentucky now (Ulis). There is literally no way he's a top 5 shooter in the NBA now - who knows about the future.

But Rubio has Jason Kidd-like upside. He's a good defender with size and his shooting has gotten better. Plus he's also an extremely high-IQ player. Lavine is none of those things - he's an athlete with nice upside but not on a team where he isn't getting 20 shots per game.

goingfor28
02-04-2016, 02:51 AM
Tyus Jones has a face you just want to punch.

Gander13SM
02-04-2016, 02:53 AM
Rubio - Wiggins - Towns is their future.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2016, 03:19 AM
Ya I don't think we will trade Rubio just because his value to us is bigger than what we would get back in a trade most likely. I'm not completely sold on him as pg of the future necessarily but I wouldn't just trade him away for minimal assets either.

We need to get a new coach for sure and there should be someone at least decent which is a huge upgrade from Mitchell.

Outside of that the biggest thing is to continue developing and growing the current youth while hitting on our pick this year. As flea mentioned we are weak in the shooting department and also getting defenders would be nice as well (our role players like lavine/shabazz and even deing struggle on d). The nice thing is that lavine/wiggins/towns especially seem to have the potential to improve on their own range/defense.

Thats why getting Tyus in there asap is going to be huge. At the same time, I think the T wolves know this cause Tyus gets no PT. I hope they are trying to get Rubio's value up so they can deal him for picks. Tyus was tearing up the D-leauge. He was shooting like 52% from 3pt. If he can shoot 45% in the league he will have the green light from there and it will open up for the squad. At the same time, I'm fine with the Wolves getting Rubio traded and to do that you have to play him.

mngopher35
02-04-2016, 04:29 AM

Thats why getting Tyus in there asap is going to be huge. At the same time, I think the T wolves know this cause Tyus gets no PT. I hope they are trying to get Rubio's value up so they can deal him for picks. Tyus was tearing up the D-leauge. He was shooting like 52% from 3pt. If he can shoot 45% in the league he will have the green light from there and it will open up for the squad. At the same time, I'm fine with the Wolves getting Rubio traded and to do that you have to play him.

I'm not nearly as high on tyus as you seem to be. I do think he should be backup pg and lavine should play sg but he isn't better than Rubio nor ready to start. I question if he will ever be a good starting pg to be honest (not that he doesn't have time and potential).

KnicksorBust
02-04-2016, 08:56 AM

Your best 3pt shooter is your center. :)

ewing
02-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Tyus Jones has a face you just want to punch.

that's true

Hawkeye15
02-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Interested to see what we add in the draft, seeing as we will have a top 5 pick, probably for the last time for the foreseeable future.

Wiggins, I don't know what to think. Good scorer, nice on the ball defender, nothing else at this point. Towns is legit going to be a superstar. LaVine I like, he could be a special offensive player, he could amount to nothing.

Future is bright. Rubio isn't the long term answer at PG, his scoring inefficiencies will kill us come a playoff series. But he is a stop-gap for now. Obviously an excellent passer, rebounder, and defender. But he will be FORCEd to score in the playoffs, and kill us.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 02:52 AM
I'm not nearly as high on tyus as you seem to be. I do think he should be backup pg and lavine should play sg but he isn't better than Rubio nor ready to start. I question if he will ever be a good starting pg to be honest (not that he doesn't have time and potential).

Bingo! And this team isn't ready to win. So this team should start there players who are the future, get less wins, get better draft picks, get experience for these future players so that in two years they will be ready to win...maybe sooner.

OKC through there guys to the fire and because of it they had no choice but to find ways to survive and ultimately dominate. I think MN has guys with extreme talent. Now its all about that talent blossoming. Best way to do it is to throw them in there and evolve. I'm hoping this team can be a lottery team the next two seasons. I just hope they stay the course. These next two seasons will determine whether this team is going to be good or great. I want a great PF in the draft, but I think the Wolves should draft the best player available.

Gander13SM
02-05-2016, 02:58 AM
Interested to see what we add in the draft, seeing as we will have a top 5 pick, probably for the last time for the foreseeable future.

Wiggins, I don't know what to think. Good scorer, nice on the ball defender, nothing else at this point. Towns is legit going to be a superstar. LaVine I like, he could be a special offensive player, he could amount to nothing.

Future is bright. Rubio isn't the long term answer at PG, his scoring inefficiencies will kill us come a playoff series. But he is a stop-gap for now. Obviously an excellent passer, rebounder, and defender. But he will be FORCEd to score in the playoffs, and kill us.

Not really. I mean he can make easy lay ups. I don't see why Rubios lack of scoring ability would be an issue for you guys any more than Tony Allen for Memphis or Noah for Chicago.

If he's capable of creating for everyone else (which he is, as one of the top 5 distributors in this league), plays hard and can defend, its more than possible to have a winning team with him. But you would need to have legit scoring threats at every other position.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 03:16 AM
Not really. I mean he can make easy lay ups. I don't see why Rubios lack of scoring ability would be an issue for you guys any more than Tony Allen for Memphis or Noah for Chicago.

If he's capable of creating for everyone else (which he is, as one of the top 5 distributors in this league), plays hard and can defend, its more than possible to have a winning team with him. But you would need to have legit scoring threats at every other position.

No reason to settle for a guy who can create but can't shoot, when there are plenty of guys who can do both, and would make the team better. Plus I'd rather get a young guy in there and trade Rubio to a team who wants to win now. The T wolves should be thinking about making there first playoff run 2 drafts from now.

mngopher35
02-05-2016, 03:17 AM
Bingo! And this team isn't ready to win. So this team should start there players who are the future, get less wins, get better draft picks, get experience for these future players so that in two years they will be ready to win...maybe sooner.

OKC through there guys to the fire and because of it they had no choice but to find ways to survive and ultimately dominate. I think MN has guys with extreme talent. Now its all about that talent blossoming. Best way to do it is to throw them in there and evolve. I'm hoping this team can be a lottery team the next two seasons. I just hope they stay the course. These next two seasons will determine whether this team is going to be good or great. I want a great PF in the draft, but I think the Wolves should draft the best player available.

Ok I see what you meant but I think it is too extreme. He can develop plenty as a backup pg and with Sam Mitchell coaching the tanking won't be an issue (he's currently the reason we haven't seen much Tyus, must be because we don't wanna ruin the successful season so far). It could actually hinder other players to an extent if we drop from Rubio to a below average pg like when Lavine was running point early in the year and couldn't do simple entries.

Rubio has value to our team and won't get that same value back via trade so I just don't see it happening. Considering most people want/expect us to take the jump as a team soon we can't just hand the reigns over to Tyus next year while expecting to finally make a playoff push. Playing Tyus to tank just seems redundant at that point with all our young guys and if we have to tank again next year you kinda start to question our overall talent/development anyways.

I also would hope we can get a starting PF for the future in the draft but I haven't watched or even looked into many prospects out there yet. Ingram looked good when I watched as well if we get the 2nd pick (assuming he's still rated there, I agree with BPA). If we add a legitimate pf with a 3 and D wing we should have everything needed to take that next step as Tyus/Lavine/Shabazz/Wiggins/Deing/Towns continue to develop.

mrblisterdundee
02-05-2016, 03:32 AM
Ricky Rubio might as well be Minnesota's version of Rajon Rondo. He can't shoot, but he can hit his targets and play good defense.
The big problem in Minnesota is the lack of overall shooting. Karl-Anthony Towns is the second-most accurate three-point shooter on the team, while Andrew Wiggins is godawful. Minnesota needs shooters at small and power forward.
I would go hard after Harrison Barnes this summer. He could help stretch defenses, knock down threes and make more room for Wiggins and Towns to operate. Ryan Anderson would also fit perfectly. Just get some damn shooters around all those athletes.
Meanwhile, do everything you can to rid yourselves of Kevin Martin and Nikola Pekovic. And don't be afraid to use guys like Zach LaVine, Shabazz Muhammad, Ricky Rubio and Tyus Jones as trade bait, along with picks.

Chronz
02-05-2016, 03:43 AM
I wouldn't trade Rubio, dude is massively underrated and a great fit for their team. Hes the only guy on that team that understands the game beyond his own scoring. If he could score, he'd be a superstar, you're not gonna get those at every position. The team is rudderless without him and hes important to the development of all their young pieces because he puts them in a position to succeed and sets the tone defensively.

Chronz
02-05-2016, 03:46 AM
No reason to settle for a guy who can create but can't shoot, when there are plenty of guys who can do both, and would make the team better. Plus I'd rather get a young guy in there and trade Rubio to a team who wants to win now. The T wolves should be thinking about making there first playoff run 2 drafts from now.

No there aren't. Even fewer who can defend like him.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 03:56 AM
Ricky Rubio might as well be Minnesota's version of Rajon Rondo. He can't shoot, but he can hit his targets and play good defense.
The big problem in Minnesota is the lack of overall shooting. Karl-Anthony Towns is the second-most accurate three-point shooter on the team, while Andrew Wiggins is godawful. Minnesota needs shooters at small and power forward.
I would go hard after Harrison Barnes this summer. He could help stretch defenses, knock down threes and make more room for Wiggins and Towns to operate. Ryan Anderson would also fit perfectly. Just get some damn shooters around all those athletes.
Meanwhile, do everything you can to rid yourselves of Kevin Martin and Nikola Pekovic. And don't be afraid to use guys like Zach LaVine, Shabazz Muhammad, Ricky Rubio and Tyus Jones as trade bait, along with picks.

I believe in the young talent that is there, so right off the bat, I don't want to do anything that makes this team older. So I don't want Ryan Anderson. I also don't want a 20mill dollar contract on my hands at this juncture of the teams success (or lack there of) so I don't want Harrison Barns either.

I'm not trying to win for two more years. So Im just letting my young talent get better, and drafting more young talent.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 04:02 AM
I wouldn't trade Rubio, dude is massively underrated and a great fit for their team. Hes the only guy on that team that understands the game beyond his own scoring. If he could score, he'd be a superstar, you're not gonna get those at every position. The team is rudderless without him and hes important to the development of all their young pieces because he puts them in a position to succeed and sets the tone defensively.

I feel you, but I really believe in Tyus. He has a great 3pt shot, and an extremely high basketball IQ. I want him to have a chance and I think an awesome 3pt shooter with great b-ball IQ would help this team more once he learns the NBA. Also I would like this team to grow up together like OKC should of with Harden and Green.

Sadds The Gr8
02-05-2016, 04:16 AM
Id keep Rubio for now too. He fits the team perfectly. They need to give the young guys more run and get Prince and Miller the **** outta the rotation. See what they have in tyus and play lavine ONLY at sg.

They have a lot of talent and could even look at a big trade. Only way I'd trade Rubio is in a package with the 2016 pick + dieng for a superstar.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 04:35 AM
Tyus in the D-Leauge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUVFWqR61Nw

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 04:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR7xpKGha3Q

the kid can stroke, and is a great decision maker.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 04:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNo908Jqsf8

Dropping alley hoop dimes from half court

Chronz
02-05-2016, 06:27 AM
I believe in the young talent that is there, so right off the bat, I don't want to do anything that makes this team older. So I don't want Ryan Anderson. I also don't want a 20mill dollar contract on my hands at this juncture of the teams success (or lack there of) so I don't want Harrison Barns either.

I'm not trying to win for two more years. So Im just letting my young talent get better, and drafting more young talent.

Theres really no point, you eventually need proven pieces to build a winner. Kids dont win on their own man, everyone needs those more expensive vets, even if its just to close for a few mins.

I feel you, but I really believe in Tyus. He has a great 3pt shot, and an extremely high basketball IQ. I want him to have a chance and I think an awesome 3pt shooter with great b-ball IQ would help this team more once he learns the NBA. Also I would like this team to grow up together like OKC should of with Harden and Green.
OKC would've won had they taken that chance on a high profile vet like Tyson Chandler despite injury concerns. He was worth the risk while they had that window of opportunity with their cap space. Minny likely wont be getting no brainer #1 picks anymore so the chances that those young pieces develop with other cornerstones in place is slim. Young doesn't always equal good or higher potential, when you have your building blocks in place, you build around them, you dont just overload on youth, not if you're trying to win. Eventually you have to pay them all and the odds of them taking a paycut to stay on board, or wanting to even if they could are factors here. The youth talented enough to make a dent in this league tend to want to prove that in a role suited for their abilities. Minny will grow together but your path really only makes sense if Wiggins isn't what hes made out to be IMO, the jury is still out but hes yet to perform impressively so I understand the need to keep waiting, but hes the highest upside wing in the game so I dont really see the point.

As for Tyus, I dont follow NCAA anymore so Ill reserve judgement, all I know is that hes nowhere near Rubio when both were at the same stage of their careers and definitely no where near him today. There is no point in trading Rubio right now, even if hes just a place holder his value is in the development of others. They are literally a ******* team without him, hes their best player IMO but even if hes only 2nd best, hes worth keeping aroung for alot longer. We'll see what Tyus has when he deserves it, Mitchell is a pretty bad coach so I wouldn't be surprised if Tyus is capable yet not earning the trust but if hes as good as you say, he will be able to prove it in a reserve role. Maybe its best to throw them at the wolves (no pun intended) but its not something that has to be done in Y1.

Vee-Rex
02-05-2016, 11:42 AM
I don't get all the hype with Rubio. You can't even compare him to Rondo. His TS% is .489, which is the worst of any starting GUARD (SG + PG) in the league not named Tony Allen. And the only reason it's even as high as it is is because he's shooting 80% from the FT line.

That's not that great considering he only averages 4 FTAs per game. 4 FTAs per game doesn't even come close to making up for the fact that he's shooting an abysmal .349% from the field and .283% from 3pt range. That's just HORRID.

Does Rubio make up for it by being a top 3 defensive PG in the league? No. (I hope people aren't looking at SPG to determine this)

Does Rubio make up for it by being a top 3 passing PG in the league? No.

Overall, and as a whole, I think he's a below average player (slightly above average point guard) that can create some flashy plays and so people think he's more than what he is.

I get why Wolves fans are fine with him. I remember thinking Dion Waiters was better than what he was when he played for the Cavs. It's not until the player leaves and they find an average player that can spread the floor, defend a little bit, and run the offense that they'll realize how much Rubio hurts them.

mrblisterdundee
02-05-2016, 06:11 PM

And at this point, Minnesota should get more experienced they have tons of young talent and more picks coming. Barnes is only 23 right now, provides championship experience and is just about the perfect fit for Minnesota's needs.
Maxing him could be a risk, considering he's never been more than an underutilized fourth option. But the Golden State Warriors already offered him $16 million a season for that role. I wouldn't even think twice about signing him for anything up to $18 million per season that's at least what it would take to pry him away from Golden State, if Kevin Durant isn't signed. The cap will be well over $100 million by the time Wiggins and Towns need re-upped, and Pekovic's, Garnett's and Martin's contracts will all be off the books.
Put Barnes in Wiggins' situation, and he could probably score 20 a game, shoot a better percentage, get more rebounds and provide the same level of defense. Put him with Wiggins, and Minnesota will have killer two-way wing tandem even better than the Bucks' Giannis and Jabari.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2016, 06:26 PM

In a 4-7 game series, I absolutely worry teams will game plan to make Rubio shoot the ball, which is a bad thing. He can defend at the point of the attack and is a total pest in passing lanes, he rebounds defensively very well, is brilliant running an offense and passing, but he is just SO horrible at scoring of any kind, I fear he will be a liability in close games, tight possessions.

We shall see.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2016, 06:28 PM

no haha, he isn't. He is atrocious at the rim. He does literally everything else very well, some things elite, but his scoring is such an issue. I mean, if Wiggins/Towns end up being this 50 ppg duo, and LaVine realizes his potential, he might be able to be hid. But you also hate your best playmaker/orchestrator being hidden on offense.

I just can't figure out whether I like Rubio long term or not. Problem is, is there really a better alternative?

Hawkeye15
02-05-2016, 06:34 PM

why? His absolute ceiling is an average backup. He will never be able to guard an NBA PG, and isn't a very good athlete. Waste of a pick.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 08:30 PM
And at this point, Minnesota should get more experienced they have tons of young talent and more picks coming. Barnes is only 23 right now, provides championship experience and is just about the perfect fit for Minnesota's needs.
Maxing him could be a risk, considering he's never been more than an underutilized fourth option. But the Golden State Warriors already offered him $16 million a season for that role. I wouldn't even think twice about signing him for anything up to $18 million per season that's at least what it would take to pry him away from Golden State, if Kevin Durant isn't signed. The cap will be well over $100 million by the time Wiggins and Towns need re-upped, and Pekovic's, Garnett's and Martin's contracts will all be off the books.
Put Barnes in Wiggins' situation, and he could probably score 20 a game, shoot a better percentage, get more rebounds and provide the same level of defense. Put him with Wiggins, and Minnesota will have killer two-way wing tandem even better than the Bucks' Giannis and Jabari.

No way I would do that. We have Wiggins, they play the same position and Wiggins is only 19/20. He just needs 2 years to get his man body and learn the NBA more, and we are only paying him like 5 mill for the next 3-4 years. We are not trying to be a winner for the next two years so there is no reason to drop 18 mill on a guy now. I'd rather draft as well as we can, develop what we got as well as we can for the next two years, and then following that second draft, we assess our weaknesses and then bring in that superstar vet that will put us over the top. I wouldn't pay a vet until we are ready to make our run. The young guys we got now are trending upwards, and I feel great about them, but they won't be ready to really contend for another 1.5 seasons. Once that time comes, we will know who is strong and who isn't, and we can add the right vet or two at that time. But spending on a guy now, who plays the same position as the guy who could be your best player, doesn't make any sense to me, especially when we aren't in a position to win yet.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 08:36 PM
no haha, he isn't. He is atrocious at the rim. He does literally everything else very well, some things elite, but his scoring is such an issue. I mean, if Wiggins/Towns end up being this 50 ppg duo, and LaVine realizes his potential, he might be able to be hid. But you also hate your best playmaker/orchestrator being hidden on offense.

I just can't figure out whether I like Rubio long term or not. Problem is, is there really a better alternative?

I think it is criminal at how undervalued Tyus is. If he pans out, Wolves fans are going to be so happy. Dude can absolutely stroke. And he is a pass first pg with an IQ that is better than Ricky's. He may not be as fancy as Ricky, but he is a smarter player. His shot is 1,000,000 x better than Ricky's ever dreamed of. His placement of passes is as on target as Rubio's are too. I can't wait till he gets his shot. He will take the rains and not look back. Hes going to be a beast in the NBA...hes to smart with to nice of a stroke not to be. Steph lite...watch.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2016, 08:38 PM
why? His absolute ceiling is an average backup. He will never be able to guard an NBA PG, and isn't a very good athlete. Waste of a pick.

Wow. He's as athletic as Steph. His IQ is better than Steph's. His shot is not Steph, but it is probably the best stroke on the T-wolves right now. His ceiling is not an average PG. He can be better than Steph was as a Rookie.

Aleksandar
02-05-2016, 09:33 PM
1. Mitchell is atrocious, we need at least an average coach.
2. Towns is awesome. My only fear is that the FO ruins the team, and he eventually leaves.
3. Wiggins is currently overshadowed by Towns, but he is still a young two way player, with good work ethic, nice guy. I consider him a cornerstone, even if he doesn't become a killer superstar.
4. Personally, I'm fan of Rubio, and believe he should be the future at PG. Looks like a lot of Twolves fans are frustrated with his lack of scoring, but he's still a contributor, it has been shown through years, that the team basically falls apart whenever he's off the floor. My concern with him are injuries, people seem to have forgotten that, since he's been relatively healthy this season.
5. Lavine. I'm not sold on him yet. May become a good scorer in this league, but may end up as a streaky chucker team cancer.This and the previous season, he has been pushed into PG role, and it was a horrible fail. My hopes are that a new coach figures out what to do with him.
6. Shabazz has some promise, and that's about it.

So it's basically Towns great, Wiggins ok, Rubio a question mark, Lavine/Shabazz have a small chance to become good players, everything else not worth a mention.

7. Tuys Jones has been mentioned here. I like his skillset, perhaps he turns into a good backup PG one day, perhaps not. Has been horrible this season though.
8. Others, Dieng is a not-bad backup center, Bjelica could become a nice backup PF, but could also go back to Europe soon. Rudez is a good 13th guy on the roster. Pekovic should take his money and retire. Payne is pretty bad. Kevin Martin should go. Garnett is a legend, he can do whatever he wants. Prince is old. Andre Miller is still awesome.

goingfor28
02-06-2016, 06:31 AM
Wow. He's as athletic as Steph. His IQ is better than Steph's. His shot is not Steph, but it is probably the best stroke on the T-wolves right now. His ceiling is not an average PG. He can be better than Steph was as a Rookie.
Change your username

IKnowHoops
02-06-2016, 07:18 AM
Change your username

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTMKjEW6OeA

Hawkeye15
02-08-2016, 11:18 AM

He is pretty slow, really short, and while I think he is very smart, his athletic limitations are going to kill him. Period.

mngopher35
02-08-2016, 07:00 PM
He's so young and I don't want to just decide who he is as a player with such limited time watching but I see him as a backup pg too if I had to guess now.

FOXHOUND
02-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Tony Delk once dropped 50 in an NBA game. I'm not sure where all of this Tyus Jones hype is coming from :confused:

I like how he looks, but I think it's a bit premature to say send away the PG who makes everything happen to hand the keys to him. Rubio's on/off court differential is a +10.6, which is miles better than the rest of the starters (besides KG, who only plays 15 MPG). I agree with Hawkeye that in a playoff series his lack of shooting can potentially be a big issue targeted with gameplanning, just like teams like the Lakers did to Rondo, but for the Wolves I think they'll cross that bridge when they get to it.

Edit: Wait, I just realized that 18 and 9 game link is from a preseason game....

Edit: In Tyus Jones limited time this season, the Wolves have an Orating of 86.8 and a Drating of 126.7,
a differential of -39.9.

Bruh.

IKnowHoops
02-09-2016, 04:55 AM
Tony Delk once dropped 50 in an NBA game. I'm not sure where all of this Tyus Jones hype is coming from :confused:

I like how he looks, but I think it's a bit premature to say send away the PG who makes everything happen to hand the keys to him. Rubio's on/off court differential is a +10.6, which is miles better than the rest of the starters (besides KG, who only plays 15 MPG). I agree with Hawkeye that in a playoff series his lack of shooting can potentially be a big issue targeted with gameplanning, just like teams like the Lakers did to Rondo, but for the Wolves I think they'll cross that bridge when they get to it.

Edit: Wait, I just realized that 18 and 9 game link is from a preseason game....

Edit: In Tyus Jones limited time this season, the Wolves have an Orating of 86.8 and a Drating of 126.7,
a differential of -39.9.

Bruh.

He's like 19 years old man. Of course he's gonna struggle in the beginning a bit. But in this last game, he was a +11 and Rubio was a -13. Tyus had 5 assists in 12 min. Rubio had 7 assists in 27 minutes. Rubio had 3 turnovers, Tyus had none. Give him like 2 months of steady backup play and he will show his worth.

trevhipp7
02-10-2016, 12:34 AM
I liked the Tyus pick, but he is definitely not an NBA starter. Now or in the future. He's to short, too small, and not athletic enough. He can shoot the ball a little, and has a high IQ. He should develop into a solid backup. Right now he is a complete liability on the court, but I agree that this team is going nowhere this year and may as well get him some minutes. With that being said, Rubio is this team's future at point guard. Towns, Wiggins, Rubio, and Lavine are the 4 players this team should try to build around. Dieng could be a very useful piece and seems to play well with Towns so he should most likely be kept. Martin should be traded, and if there is a team that would take on Pek, even if it meant parting with a scorer like Shabazz Muhammed I think they should jump on it. What this team needs to add is shooting. Whether thats through the draft, trade, or free agency, and whether it is as a stretch 4 or a wing or 2 guard remains to be seen. Unfortunately just about every team is trying to add shooting. Devin Booker would be a perfect fit, but Phoenix has no reason to move him, even if they offered this years pick top 2 protected. Ingram would be a great fit in the draft, and obviously Simmons as well. Hield would seem to fit the need as a shooter, but I don't think you draft for need in the top 5, and I'm not sure he belongs in the top 5 as it is. Bender would be a nice fit for need and best player available, but needs to add a ton of strength as a big-man. I think Harrison Barnes would be a good fit in free agency as a shooter at age 24 but could see him getting grossly overpaid. All in all, I think drafting Dragan Bender and signing Harrison Barnes might be the best realistic scenario for this team.

Rubio/Lavine/Jones
Wiggins/Lavine(6th man)
Barnes/Muhammed/Rudez
Dieng/Bender/Bjelica/Payne
Towns/Dieng

IKnowHoops
02-10-2016, 01:05 AM
I liked the Tyus pick, but he is definitely not an NBA starter. Now or in the future. He's to short, too small, and not athletic enough. He can shoot the ball a little, and has a high IQ. He should develop into a solid backup. Right now he is a complete liability on the court, but I agree that this team is going nowhere this year and may as well get him some minutes. With that being said, Rubio is this team's future at point guard. Towns, Wiggins, Rubio, and Lavine are the 4 players this team should try to build around. Dieng could be a very useful piece and seems to play well with Towns so he should most likely be kept. Martin should be traded, and if there is a team that would take on Pek, even if it meant parting with a scorer like Shabazz Muhammed I think they should jump on it. What this team needs to add is shooting. Whether thats through the draft, trade, or free agency, and whether it is as a stretch 4 or a wing or 2 guard remains to be seen. Unfortunately just about every team is trying to add shooting. Devin Booker would be a perfect fit, but Phoenix has no reason to move him, even if they offered this years pick top 2 protected. Ingram would be a great fit in the draft, and obviously Simmons as well. Hield would seem to fit the need as a shooter, but I don't think you draft for need in the top 5, and I'm not sure he belongs in the top 5 as it is. Bender would be a nice fit for need and best player available, but needs to add a ton of strength as a big-man. I think Harrison Barnes would be a good fit in free agency as a shooter at age 24 but could see him getting grossly overpaid. All in all, I think drafting Dragan Bender and signing Harrison Barnes might be the best realistic scenario for this team.

Rubio/Lavine/Jones
Wiggins/Lavine(6th man)
Barnes/Muhammed/Rudez
Dieng/Bender/Bjelica/Payne
Towns/Dieng

If your the T wolves, I think you draft the best available player. I love Ben Simmons, but there are 4 other guys I'd gladly take.

FOXHOUND
02-10-2016, 01:11 AM
He's like 19 years old man. Of course he's gonna struggle in the beginning a bit. But in this last game, he was a +11 and Rubio was a -13. Tyus had 5 assists in 12 min. Rubio had 7 assists in 27 minutes. Rubio had 3 turnovers, Tyus had none. Give him like 2 months of steady backup play and he will show his worth.

That game is the outlier, though. We're living in a league right now where Jimmy Butler went from D and 3 SG/SF to the best two-way SG in the league, so anything is possible. But first, Tyus Jones has to become a good backup PG before we can think of him ever being a starter. Rubio is their biggest impact player on the season, so they're not benching him for a 19-year old kid any time soon.

FOXHOUND
02-10-2016, 01:13 AM
If your the T wolves, I think you draft the best available player. I love Ben Simmons, but there are 4 other guys I'd gladly take.

I think they would draft Brandon Ingram and call it a day, if they had the pick. His pure scoring/shooting is a better fit for them over Simmons' more well rounded but very limited scoring and zero shooting. Also he needs the ball, where as with Ingram that's another toy for Rubio to feed.

IKnowHoops
02-10-2016, 01:47 AM
I appreciate what Rubio can do, but not being able to drain if left open is a trait that I want in all my back court players. It makes team basketball work. I feel like whoever the T-Wolves PG is, based on the make up of the team, he needs to have a 3 ball. And an overall above average shot at the least.

IKnowHoops
02-10-2016, 03:27 AM
I think they would draft Brandon Ingram and call it a day, if they had the pick. His pure scoring/shooting is a better fit for them over Simmons' more well rounded but very limited scoring and zero shooting. Also he needs the ball, where as with Ingram that's another toy for Rubio to feed.

Do you like Ingram over Buddy Hield and Kris Dunn in the pros?

Hawkeye15
02-10-2016, 12:26 PM
He's so young and I don't want to just decide who he is as a player with such limited time watching but I see him as a backup pg too if I had to guess now.

typically 6' dudes with minimal athletic ability don't amount to a lot in the NBA

GunFactor187
02-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Speaking of the Wolves, what's the consensus on Shabazz Muhammad? Will he stick with the core moving forward or do you guys see him gone in the foreseeable future?

FOXHOUND
02-10-2016, 02:30 PM
Do you like Ingram over Buddy Hield and Kris Dunn in the pros?

In the likelihood that the Wolves don't get a top 2 pick, I actually like Hield for them 2nd. Being older means he's more polished/has less of a ceiling, but as Curry has shown that can be overrated. Maybe he's more the exception, but I like Hield's skillset for them better than the other wing options after Ingram. Wiggins would then have to slide back to SF though, so he'll have to work on that rebounding in that scenario.

I think priority #1 for them should be adding a scoring wing who can shoot. Rubio, Wiggins, Dieng and KAT are a pretty set group of starters, they just really need some shooting.

mngopher35
02-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Speaking of the Wolves, what's the consensus on Shabazz Muhammad? Will he stick with the core moving forward or do you guys see him gone in the foreseeable future?

My opinion is he as an expendable prospect who will likely end up as a bench scorer. I don't feel we need to make a move with him but he is a piece id be willing to part with if something were available.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2016, 02:39 PM
My opinion is he as an expendable prospect who will likely end up as a bench scorer. I don't feel we need to make a move with him but he is a piece id be willing to part with if something were available.

pretty much. Bazz is a guy who would be a nice scorer off the bench, but if he gets a good offer in RFA, bye. Otherwise try and trade him during his last year and see what you can get.

trevhipp7
02-10-2016, 04:59 PM
I think the best fits for the Wolves in this draft in order would be Simmons, Ingram, Hield, Bender, Ellenson, Rabb. But I think the top talents in the draft are Simmons, Ingram, Bender, Dunn, Hield, Brown. So I think unless they land a top 2 pick, then ideally they'd end up with one of Bender or Hield. As far as Bazz goes, he's a good young player that has improved his effort a ton. He can score in a variety of ways but needs to become a better perimeter shooter. He's a good offensive rebounder so he doesn't need to demand the ball to get points. But if he were to get a consistent 3pt shot to go with his post offense, floaters, and transition game I think he'd be a real solid threat as a 6th man scoring type for just about any team.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2016, 05:05 PM
I think the best fits for the Wolves in this draft in order would be Simmons, Ingram, Hield, Bender, Ellenson, Rabb. But I think the top talents in the draft are Simmons, Ingram, Bender, Dunn, Hield, Brown. So I think unless they land a top 2 pick, then ideally they'd end up with one of Bender or Hield. As far as Bazz goes, he's a good young player that has improved his effort a ton. He can score in a variety of ways but needs to become a better perimeter shooter. He's a good offensive rebounder so he doesn't need to demand the ball to get points. But if he were to get a consistent 3pt shot to go with his post offense, floaters, and transition game I think he'd be a real solid threat as a 6th man scoring type for just about any team.

I would love Hield, assuming Mitchell is gone. Hield does not possess a midrange game, and we all know Mitchell doesn't like 3's, he prefers contested 19 footers to be taken when possible.

xbrackattackx
02-10-2016, 06:32 PM
If Wolves got #1 they wouldn't select anyone BUT Simmons. No ones gonna wanna be the Blazers again. Look what happen to Cleveland when they drafted by need at the number one pick. And not the number one concensus. There's are number one picks that bust. But there's far more that develope. Even if the Wolves didn't want him, they could trade him for all the shooters the T-Wolves wanted.

IKnowHoops
02-10-2016, 07:12 PM
typically 6' dudes with minimal athletic ability don't amount to a lot in the NBA

Mark Price
John Stockton

One was a great shooter, one was a great passer...Tyus is both go these. Tyus and Stockton are both listed at 6'1" while Mark Price is 6'0".

The reason why Price and Stockton were able to be good is because they both had high IQ. Tyus has a super high IQ for the game. He is super young, and only 6'1" and he hasn't gotten the reps, but once he does, he will be successful despite his lack of size. I think his athletic ability is getting a little underrated. He moves like Gary Payton or Brandon Roy. Both of them looked slow, but were actually much quicker and faster than they looked. Both also had a high IQ and used different pace to get by defenses, just like Tyus.

IKnowHoops
02-10-2016, 07:54 PM

Thats also something I like about this team, and why the wolves should continue to draft best available player.

I love Lavine, but if we were able to draft a better player at his position, then I would love Lavine as our sixth man. I like Shabazz as a great bench piece. I like that they are all young, and I wish that the wolves would go all in now and be worse to get better.

Realistically the wolves will have no chance to win anything until Durant/Curry/Blake/Spurs/ are out of there primes. So thats four teams they have no chance against for the next 3 years. And thats a best case scenario. While your core guys get better for the next 3 years, would you rather be an 8th seed with no lottery pick, or a young inexperienced team with a top 3 seed every year.

People keep saying Rubio is the only one who can run this offense effectively. I agree! But I don't want to barely win enough games so that I can't improve my team talent. And I don't believe in Rubio as the long term solution at all. But I think he would be a great addition to a team like the GS warriors, where he surrounded by 3pt shooters.

Trade him to a horrible team for there 1st 2-3 years from now. Continue to draft best player available. In 3 years pay money for a superstar at your weakest position after 3 more years of drafting. The starting five should already have 9-10 young promising starters and bench pieces ranging from 19-23. That's the time the Wolves should make there move. Thats when you bring in a 20M contract when you are trying to win the whole thing the next year.

IKnowHoops
02-10-2016, 08:16 PM
If Wolves got #1 they wouldn't select anyone BUT Simmons. No ones gonna wanna be the Blazers again. Look what happen to Cleveland when they drafted by need at the number one pick. And not the number one concensus. There's are number one picks that bust. But there's far more that develope. Even if the Wolves didn't want him, they could trade him for all the shooters the T-Wolves wanted.

Are you comparing Simmons to Jordan or Durant, and if its Durant, Oden would of been a good pick if he didn't get hurt. He would of been a great player IMO.

Aleksandar
02-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Shabazz no idea. He's just showing some good things, and that's about it. He could break out as a decent NBA scorer, but not likely. We'll see what the new coach does with him, I'm not expecting anything under Mitchell.

@hoops I think we all agree Tyus has high IQ, is a decent shooter, has a good floater also, but you can't expect that much from him. I wouldn't mind if they make him a regular PG backup though. Lavine has been horrible, Miller is old, so why not give him a shot. We losing anyway, not sure if tanking or just bad.

Aleksandar
02-10-2016, 09:56 PM
would love Ingram, but I doubt we're getting the second pick. Bender or Hield make sense.

canzano55
02-10-2016, 11:14 PM
Do the refs normally give the puppies 42 free throws a night plus?

Like what the hell am I watching here?

Oefarmy2005
02-11-2016, 12:56 PM
Do the refs normally give the puppies 42 free throws a night plus?

Like what the hell am I watching here?

Actually, the Wolves rank 2nd in attempts and 1st in makes for the season, so yes, we shoot and make a lot of free throws.

Aleksandar
02-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Actually, the Wolves rank 2nd in attempts and 1st in makes for the season, so yes, we shoot and make a lot of free throws.

I'm pretty surprised by FT precentage, Wiggins and Shabazz are the worst ft shooters(among key players), and they are around 70-75 percent. Others are all 80+ Towns/Rubio/Dieng/Lavine